Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

13th Giant Slayer (Inactive)

Game Master Pirate Rob

13th Giantslayer Map


1 to 50 of 1,268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Maps

Gameplay goes here


Male Human Paladin 8 | HP 176/176 | AC 29 | PD 20 | MD 21 | Recoveries 6/6 | Init 8

.


Cleric 8 | Init +12 | AC 29 PD 25 MD 25 | HP 160/160 | Recover 8d8+9 1/3 | Melee +16 8d10+18

Dotting.


F Half-orc Bard 8 [ HP 73/128 | AC 25 PD 21 MD 23 | Recoveries 0/4 | Init +11 | Effects: none ]

Ledot!


Male Wood Elf Ranger 8 | HP 160 | AC 27 | PD 22 MD 18 | Recoveries 6

dot


Wizard 8 Init +8; HP 93/140; AC 21 (20+1) PD 22 (20+2) MD 23 (20+3); Recoveries 1/6, RD 8d6+6; Resistance 12+ vs atks to PD/MD, atk/svs at -1 until next recovery Str +1 Dex +2 Con +2 Int+4 Wis +0 Cha +0

♪♫♫♪ ♫♫♪♪♪


Maps

You all find yourselves in the Ramblehouse, an inn in the city of Trunau in Belkzen.

If you'd give a brief description of your character along with something you know about this inn, it would be appreciated.

Feel free to build on other people's descriptions of the inn or add your own independent notes, just don't contradict what other players have already.


Cleric 8 | Init +12 | AC 29 PD 25 MD 25 | HP 160/160 | Recover 8d8+9 1/3 | Melee +16 8d10+18

Hrarsk is an unusually tall half-orc who nevertheless is less than imposing. He sits quietly at one of the tables at the inn. The inn is the oldest in the town, and its quaint walls show that, but the food is of the highest quality, and Hrarsk helps himself to as much of it as he can get.


Wizard 8 Init +8; HP 93/140; AC 21 (20+1) PD 22 (20+2) MD 23 (20+3); Recoveries 1/6, RD 8d6+6; Resistance 12+ vs atks to PD/MD, atk/svs at -1 until next recovery Str +1 Dex +2 Con +2 Int+4 Wis +0 Cha +0

A trim young human woman in fitted black and red leathers slips in through the door and surveys the common dining room. Spotting a small, open table, she hurries to snag it, dropping her pack on the floor beneath.

"Ale, for now, and whatever's on the menu for the house special," she instructs the halfling waiter, then snags his sleeve before he can go.

"What's the story with all the broken weapons?" she inquires, pointing to where blades of various sizes and quality are affixed to the wall near the ceiling, all snapped in pieces, "Big battle or something?"

The man chuckles. "Not quite, simply fair warning. We have enough trouble from the outside. Start it in here - draw your blade - and the town guard'll turn it over to us. Ransom it or see it up on the wall. Better yet, don't start trouble here in the Ramblehouse." He twinkles at her with good cheer. "I'm sure you're not the type to brawl, ma'am."

As the waiter scurries off, a tiny red figure with horns, tail, and bat-like wings clambers onto the tabletop. "Ale? I prefer brandy," it complains in a surprisingly deep voice.

"You got the gold, I'll order you one, Temero. Now keep out of sight, please. You heard the man. My sword's nothing special, but I don't care to lose it because of you."

The tiny figure halts in astonishment, hands on its chest in dramatic dismay. "Me? Trouble? Fortuna, I'm shocked, shocked, at such an accusation. And you need to rely on force other than beaten blade, milady. You are much more than a sellsword."

"Maybe," the woman mutters, taking her flagon of ale with a nod of thanks and tossing payment onto the table, "Maybe. But I think this is far enough and difficult enough that trouble won't follow me here. Try not to make any new."

The imp hauls itself up on the edge of the flagon and plunges its entire head into the ale, emerging a half-minute later to shake itself dry. The level of liquid in the flagon is noticeably lower. "No promises." Fortuna glares into the sullied drink.


Male Wood Elf Ranger 8 | HP 160 | AC 27 | PD 22 MD 18 | Recoveries 6

Khellirin scans the room, eyes alert as if he’s been warned of an imminent attack, or has heard the growl of a large predator just moments ago. He’s tall and strong, with exotic tattoos on his face and arms, and handsome enough in a feral sort of way. As a wood elf, his coloring and the way he moves suggest he’s born to the woods, but his black leathers and the cudgel hanging from his belt give more of an impression of a big-city thug.

Making his way across the taproom, Khellirin’s head twitches back and forth with a ferret-like alertness, though it’s hard to see what such an imposing figure could possibly have to fear from the buxom barmaid and her customers, in various stages of drowning their sorrows.

With a glance up at the broken blades, his eyes widen slightly and he glances over his shoulder, checking that the twin longswords that cross on his back are still in place. That’s all well and good, making people keep their blades sheathed, but it didn’t do Batson Kring any good. He was still killed right here in the Ramblehouse, with no one the wiser as to who did it.

His eyes once more scan the room. I wonder if his killer’s here right now…

His wild imaginings are interrupted by the sight of a tiny figure attempting to drown itself in beer, and he calls out to the halfling waiter, ”I’ll have what he – or it – is having.”


Male Human Paladin 8 | HP 176/176 | AC 29 | PD 20 | MD 21 | Recoveries 6/6 | Init 8

Working his way back from another Iomedea mission Doug finds himself a modest inn to stop at in the town of Trunua. He'd heard that it was the oldest inn in town, but that wasn't what peeked his interest. The rumors around town were that there was recent murder there. While not part of his mission Doug felt inclined to at least see if there was anything he could do.

Stepping through the door he probably didn't turn many heads. Given the dents and scrapes and tarnish of his shield and armor most people think Doug pulled it off a corpse and don't take him for a Paladin. Which was just fine since Doug didn't like the extra attention.

Once inside Doug pulls up to the bar beside a half-elf in black leathers. Doug couldn't help but look over at the creature the half-elf was pointing at. "Looks like you've got an imp in your bar." Doug says the to bar tender. "I'd take care of it myself but from the look of all those broken weapons on the wall I'd say you didn't take kindly to that sort of thing." Doug orders a mug of ale and continues to chat up the bartender. "Heard there was some bad business here of late," Doug says before taking a swig of ale. "Also heard this inn was the kind of place where couples that don't want a lot of attention tend to meet at."


F Half-orc Bard 8 [ HP 73/128 | AC 25 PD 21 MD 23 | Recoveries 0/4 | Init +11 | Effects: none ]

"That's right," replies the barkeep, a tall, burly woman whose stature and musculature bespeaks orcish heritage. Her hands are busy behind the bar as she speaks, her attention on the drink she's preparing for another customer. She nods toward a lone patron in the corner. "Some say 's he did it," she volunteers, "but no one really knows. He bought drinks for the whole place a few weeks back, outta nowhere... for some, that's cause for loyalty. For others, suspicion."


Wizard 8 Init +8; HP 93/140; AC 21 (20+1) PD 22 (20+2) MD 23 (20+3); Recoveries 1/6, RD 8d6+6; Resistance 12+ vs atks to PD/MD, atk/svs at -1 until next recovery Str +1 Dex +2 Con +2 Int+4 Wis +0 Cha +0

"People are staring. Get in my pocket," Fortuna murmurs to her unwelcome companion, who proceeds to seat himself on her shoulder.

"I have a right to be here. I've done nothing wrong. Bigots, that's what they are." Temero turns a burning glower on the observing parties, arms folded.

Fortuna closes her eyes and sighs. "Here we go..." She looks at the pair of men at the bar, then up at the broken weapons, then straight into her ale, tiredly ignoring both them and the imp on her shoulder, who continues to grumble into her ear.


Maps

I've learned a lot of cool stuff about this bar and town already, thanks guys. We're going to hop straight into some trouble here.

The inn's exquisite food service is suddenly interrupted by the sound of stone on stone, as though a large boulder crashed into one of the city walls. Before anyone has time to react this sound is repeated several more times and a boulder suddenly crashes into the corner of the Ramblehouse, taking out a rather nice looking piano that was fortunately currently unoccupied.

As the dust clears you hear the hew and cry of the town guard and fire and panic in the streets as goblins begin to pour in through fresh holes in the walls. You can hear the unmistake footsteps of larger creatures on their way as well.

Entering into each of three sections is a trio of goblin scum, each lead by a torch wielding goblin shaman.

Like most d20 games you'll each get a quick (swift) action, a move action and a standard action each turn. Rather than counting exact squares anything in the same zone as you are is considered "nearby" and can be reached in a single move action. It will take a move action to move to zone 2 and then another action to move to zone 3. Because some of your power will trigger various things on hits and misses I'll include defenses of various creatures, as well as their HP total. Creatures at half HP or below have the staggered condition No effect, but numerous things trigger on it.

Init:

Fortuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bethany: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Doug1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Doug2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Khellirin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Hrarsk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Goblins: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
goblin shaman: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The goblins shamans cackle and throw their torches, the nearest lighting a tree on fire. It's no trouble yet, but will likely become trouble eventually if nothing is done. They then hide behind the goblin scum.

Behind: Generally, if you’re behind an unengaged ally, and
an enemy moves past that ally to get to you, your ally has the
option to move and intercept. Meaning that if you try and move into melee with the goblin shaman and there are any unoccupied scum, they will intercept you and you'll end up in melee with them instead.

Putting out the fire requires a skill check which is d10+level+stat+background. Doing it as a quick action would be a Ridiculously hard task: DC 25, as a move action would be a Hard task: DC 20 and spending your standard action would be a Normal task: DC 15. In a live game it'd be easier to discuss what's the most appropriate background and stat for what you're attempting. For the purposes of pbp I'll generally accecpt whatever you tell me. If I find something egregiously inappropriate I might reroll with something more appropriate for your plan.

Initiative - Escalation 0 At the end of each round the Escalation die will increase by 1 to a maximum of 6. Some of your powers may care what the Escalation die is, and you get to add it to all your attack rolls
Fortuna
Doug
Khellirin

Goblin Scum [Red]
Hrask
Bethany
END OF ROUND
Goblin Shamans [Green]

Fortuna, Doug and Khellirin are up! There is fire, and goblins!

There's some town guard and militia running about but they seem as surprised as you are and are being quickly overwhelmed.

Drawing or otherwise swapping around wielded items is a quick action in this system, also you can always substitute actions down from standard to move to quick..

Monsters:

Goblin Shaman (AC 17) (PD 12) (MD 16) (HP 34)
Goblin Scum (AC 16) (PD 14) (MD 11) (HP 5 mook)

Because the Goblin Scum are mooks, every 5 damage you do will take one out. Do 20 damage? Make up some cool flavor about machine gunning your bow or becoming a whirlwind of death or knocking over a wall, or defeating swarms of monsters attacking you. If you don't have enough mooks actually nearby, don't worry, just grab a few from elsewhere to round out your total.

As always any questions feel free to ask, or just go for it and make mistakes. I understand that almost none of you have any experience with this system, it's a fairly streamlined cinematic d20. Be descriptive, have fun.


Maps

PS the link to the map is in my header and at the top of the page.


Male Wood Elf Ranger 8 | HP 160 | AC 27 | PD 22 MD 18 | Recoveries 6

As the loud rumbling begins, Khellirin tries to look in all directions at once, his head turning side to side and up and down as if he's having some sort of fit. His shoulders and arms seem to tremble in fear, and one can tell from the expression on his face that terrifying monsters are marching through his imagination, come to destroy the down, eat the people and paint the houses in clashing colors!

When the boulder smashes through the wall and admits hordes of goblins, Khel calms down almost immediately, and a faint smile creeps onto his face. "It's just goblins!" he says, his voice a mixture of disbelief and relief.

He steps toward the nearest batch of goblins, his blades flashing as he slips them over his shoulders and whirls them before him. He spares a glance at the broken blades set high on the walls, but decides now is not the time to worry about the normal rules.

Calling to the human who sat by his side a moment ago, Khel says, "Let's take care of these little monsters!" He then turns and swings his blades, one high and one low, cutting through goblins like wheat - loud, obnoxious, stinky wheat. With a quick spin, he cuts down the last of the goblin scum protecting their shaman!

Quick action to draw, move action to move, standard to attack with Double Melee Attack.

Longsword, Double Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 An even roll on the first attack entitles me to a second attack!
Longsword damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11

Longsword, Double Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Longsword damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

If I understand the mook rules correctly, 17 damage should take out all three red mooks.

Rob - can you set the map so we can edit it and move our tokens?


Wizard 8 Init +8; HP 93/140; AC 21 (20+1) PD 22 (20+2) MD 23 (20+3); Recoveries 1/6, RD 8d6+6; Resistance 12+ vs atks to PD/MD, atk/svs at -1 until next recovery Str +1 Dex +2 Con +2 Int+4 Wis +0 Cha +0

Before she even registers what is happening, Fortuna is on her feet, blood racing, overturning the table and sending her ale flying. Reflexively, she makes a bow-drawing motion while the imp on her shoulder flutters atop her head, cackling. Though there's no weapon to be seen, her hands feel the grip and string and arrow as if they were real and solid. Then the imp claps its hands and a bow of swirling red flame fades into sight, arrow quivering at full draw as Fortuna aims just above the goblin that threw the torch.

Acid Arrow Atk goblin shaman vs PD 12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
acid dmg if hits: 4d10 ⇒ (3, 7, 3, 7) = 20 plus 5 ongoing
Acid dmg if misses: 5 ongoing and regain at next quick rest

She jerks her aim aside as the wood elf at the bar leaps into the fray, slicing through the goblins in front of her target. The swirling red arrow strikes beside the shaman, spattering it with tiny flames that burn holes in its skin and clothing.

"Too bad, milady. There's no second place in battle, you know," Temero remarks cheerfully, "But you can try again later! Loser."

It's hard to tell if Fortuna even hears the gibe, so focused is she on the sudden battle and on glaring at the man who ruined her aim.


Maps

Fixed the map settings. Correct on the mooks, in addition your 2 damage isn't wasted since all the little goblin mooks running around are sharing the same hp pool.

Khellirin leaps into action, blendering all the nearby mooks, while Foruna's arrow causes some unpleasantness for the shaman.

Initiative - Escalation 0
Doug
Goblin Scum [Red] (2)
Hrask
Bethany
END OF ROUND
Goblin Shamans [Green] (0/5 ongoing acid)
Fortuna
Khellirin

Doug is up!


Male Human Paladin 8 | HP 176/176 | AC 29 | PD 20 | MD 21 | Recoveries 6/6 | Init 8

Doug gets up to go question the man in the corner before chaos suddenly breaks out in the inn. Before Doug really has a chance to figure out what is happening there's a boulder inside the inn, and the elf next to him is shouting about goblins and asking for his help. Not one to leave an elf in need Doug draws his sword and shield and heads out side.

The Elf shows skill with a sword and clears the way for Doug. As he approaches the shaman he calls out to his god to aid him in his strikes. "Taste my blade goblin and know that the god of men protects this village!"

Melee+Smite+Fearless: 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + (1) + 4 = 9

A little sketchy on the fearless feat, but I believe that I am the only one currently engaged with the shaman to grant me the +1 to hit?


Maps

Correct on fearless, think of engaged as adjacent, or base to base in more of a wargaming term. You should generally be able to tell which creatures have fear abilities based on my description. Also that's impressively low smite damage

Doug charges into combat against the nearby shaman, invoking the power of his god.

Without anybody to stop them, the goblin scum in the other section of the town light more buildings on fire, causing the fires in those sections to get worse.

Initiative - Escalation 0

Hrask
Bethany

END OF ROUND
Goblin Shamans [Green] (9/5 ongoing acid)
Fortuna
Khellirin
Doug
Goblin Scum [Red] (2)

Hrask and Bethany are up!

Monsters:

Goblin Shaman (AC 17) (PD 12) (MD 16) (HP 34)
Goblin Scum (AC 16) (PD 14) (MD 11) (HP 5 mook)


F Half-orc Bard 8 [ HP 73/128 | AC 25 PD 21 MD 23 | Recoveries 0/4 | Init +11 | Effects: none ]

"Not again..." mutters the barkeep. She pauses a moment to survey her surroundings before grabbing a scimitar from under the counter in one hand and the nearest patron's forgotten ale in another (it just so happens to be Doug's). Hurrying outside to the fire nearby, she douses it in some of her best ale, grimacing at the waste. Tramp seems like the most appropriate of her three backgrounds for this.

Douse (Dex): 1d10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11
Alas. Needed a 9+.


Maps

Well the ale in concentration is wet enough to put out the fire on the tree, Of course the bit that splashes onto a nearby building catches fire instead.


Cleric 8 | Init +12 | AC 29 PD 25 MD 25 | HP 160/160 | Recover 8d8+9 1/3 | Melee +16 8d10+18

Hrarsk sits up, hearing the tumult outside. He leaves his meal half-eaten (regretfully) and charges at the goblin shaman who seemed to be causing the most tumult.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

He strikes the goblin with a showy strike, which he hopes will inspire his co-combatants. He whispers a prayer to grant him extra strength. "The wrath of Kniht is upon you, O goblin!"

Extra Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 1) = 7

Using these
Once per turn when you make a melee attack against an enemy, hit or miss, your allies gain a +1 attack bonus against that enemy until the start of your next turn.

Once per battle, you can deal extra damage to one target you hit with a melee attack as a free action. The damage bonus is a number of d4 equal to your Strength modifier or to your level, whichever is higher.

Right now, possibly for the next few days, I might not be able to post more than once a day. If you need to go faster than that you can continue without me.


Maps

Hrask, leaving a delicious looking half-eaten meal behind charges out at the nearby shaman, staggering it.

Despite Bethany's lack of real progress against the fire, it doesn't seem to have gotten worse, unlike the other fires in town...

The Goblin Shaman bobs and weaves, trying to get away from the big scarry longshanks.

If you are in melee with people and want to get away you have 2 options. 1: just walk away and suffer an AoO, or attempt to disengage. Disengaging is a normal save (so DC 11) with a -1 for every foe you're in combat with beyond the first. Goblins are unsurprisingly 'sneaky buggers' and get +5 on this save.

disengage: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 = 14

The shaman flees south west, suddenly coming to a lake before turning around and having harsh words with Hrask

Curse vs Hrask PD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
8 damage & and until the end of the shaman’s next turn, the target takes 2 damage whenever an enemy engages it or disengages from it

Overlooking the waterfall above the lake another shaman comes into view.

vs Doug PD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

8 damage, same curse.

The final shaman targets Fortuna from above.
vs Fortuna PD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
8 damage to Fortuna and both Bethany and Fortuna will suffer the curse effects for one round.

When they hit on an even with their curse they get a little something extra.

End of turn save vs acid damage DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 4

The shaman continues to burn, and will fall at the end of its next turn.

Initiative - Escalation 1

Fortuna
Khellirin
Doug

Goblin Scum [Red] (2)
Hrask
Bethany
END OF ROUND
Fortuna and Khellirin are up!
Goblin Shamans [Green] (30/5 ongoing acid/Staggered)

Monsters:
Goblin Shaman (AC 17) (PD 12) (MD 16) (HP 34)
Goblin Scum (AC 16) (PD 14) (MD 11) (HP 5 mook)


Male Wood Elf Ranger 8 | HP 160 | AC 27 | PD 22 MD 18 | Recoveries 6

Elven Grace check: 1d6 ⇒ 6 No extra standard action for me this round, has to be less than or equal to the escalation number.
Terrain stunt check: 1d6 ⇒ 4 I get to use Terrain Stunt when the escalation number reaches this number.

Seeing how effectively Hrarsk and the others took care of the first shaman, Khel leaves the next one to them as well. Holding his blades high, he runs through the streets of Trunau toward the next clutch of goblins.

I think it's two move actions to get there, but just in case I have a standard action left, I'll swing at the shaman:

Longsword, Double Attack, Escalation: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Longsword damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

Longsword, Double Attack, Escalation: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Longsword damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9


Male Human Paladin 8 | HP 176/176 | AC 29 | PD 20 | MD 21 | Recoveries 6/6 | Init 8

Doug sighs as his blade only glows dimly as he strikes, "and you wonder why no one worships you anymore," he mumbles just as Hrask shows up and lands another heavy blow. Doug watches the goblin flee and gives the half-orc an approving nod before following the elf who requested his aid.

I believe it is two movements to engage with the same shaman as Khellirin.


Maps

Correct on the 2 movement actions, either scrambling up the cliff or through the open gates, as the first move action will get you into the zone, the second will let you engage the shaman.

The shaman cries out "AHHH LONGSHANNNKKKS" as you are quickly upon him.

As a reminder if you have powers that can hit far away you can use them into other zones, nearby is ranged but in your zone.


Maps

helpful sidebar from book, not present in SRD about terrain stunts:

Players: As a ranger player, you get to say things about the terrain that the GM may not have realized. If your suggestion is silly or ludicrous, the GM can veto it and ask you to work with nature, not with nonsense.

GAMEMASTER: Ideally the power gets used to accomplish things no one expected rather than just being another attack.

Terrain stunts that deal damage should probably deal no more than a d4 per level. Effects like one-round daze and even one-round hamper seem like naturals. Anything worse than that may not be possible, and would certainly allow saves if it is.


Male Wood Elf Ranger 8 | HP 160 | AC 27 | PD 22 MD 18 | Recoveries 6
Pirate GM wrote:
** helpful sidebar omitted **

Thanks, that is good to know. It can actually do more than I understood.


Wizard 8 Init +8; HP 93/140; AC 21 (20+1) PD 22 (20+2) MD 23 (20+3); Recoveries 1/6, RD 8d6+6; Resistance 12+ vs atks to PD/MD, atk/svs at -1 until next recovery Str +1 Dex +2 Con +2 Int+4 Wis +0 Cha +0

HP: 31-8=23

"Damned sneak!" Roughly grabbing the imp from her head, she hurls it at the curse-dropping goblin with a rock-skipping motion.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... the imp rejoices just before each hand releases a spark that flashes to impact the goblin shaman.

Magic Missile, no miss, force dmg: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Temero streaks back to Fortuna's shoulder. "Fun! Do it again!" Instead, Fortuna steps clear of the goblin shaman.

Move to nearby? Is that how it works?


Maps

Enemies can basically be at 3 different distances. Engaged (adjacent). Nearby (within a single move) or Far-Away (More than a single move away). For ease of telling what's nearby vs far away I'll frequently break combat up into zones, where everything in a zone is nearby or engaged, and it's a move action to change zones. Some battles everything will just be nearby, depends on the needs of the encounter.

Fortuna, Khellirin and Doug all move deeper into the town while Fortuna's imp goes to work on the new shaman.

The goblin scum in the middle level quickly swarm over those that have made it to that section of town. They fly into battle, leaping off of trees and building sides, trying to make up for your height advantage.

goblin club vs Fortuna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
4damage on a hit

goblin club vs Khel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
4damage on a hit crit doubles to 8

goblin club vs Doug: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
misses

The goblin scum in the furthest south section of town continue to light fires.

ESCALATION 1

Hrask
Bethany

END OF ROUND
Fortuna and Khellirin are up!
Goblin Shamans [Green] (30/5 ongoing acid/Staggered) (4)
Fortuna
Khellirin
Doug
Goblin Scum [Red] (2)

Hrask and Bethany are up!


Cleric 8 | Init +12 | AC 29 PD 25 MD 25 | HP 160/160 | Recover 8d8+9 1/3 | Melee +16 8d10+18

Hrarsk writhes with pain at the shaman's curse. Knowing it isn't an opportune time to engage with an enemy, he calls on divine aid to attack the fleeing shaman and protect those who were fighting him.

Spirits of the Righteous: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 vs. MD

I assume it was a miss

His prayer puts a magic shield in front of one of his allies, but is too weak to afflict the shaman. +2 AC to ally with least HP

He then pursues the shaman in order to be able to attack him when the curse would permit.


Maps

Hrarsk couple notes that may make your life easier: Every couple posts I re-paste the spoiler with the monster stats, that way you can know for sure if you hit or not. Also my header and the top both have a link to the map where you can move your own miniature and get a view of the tactical situation. As a note the curse only damages you if enemies engage or disengage with you, not the other way around.

Currently Bethany is your only nearby ally at the moment so she'll get the bonus.

Monsters:

Goblin Shaman (AC 17) (PD 12) (MD 16) (HP 34)
Goblin Scum (AC 16) (PD 14) (MD 11) (HP 5 mook)


F Half-orc Bard 8 [ HP 73/128 | AC 25 PD 21 MD 23 | Recoveries 0/4 | Init +11 | Effects: none ]

DM, is it a d10 or d20 for skill checks? I thought it was a d20, but your post above said d10. Could you clarify?


Maps

definitely d20. the 10 was a mistake and has been sacked.


F Half-orc Bard 8 [ HP 73/128 | AC 25 PD 21 MD 23 | Recoveries 0/4 | Init +11 | Effects: none ]

Heh, aight. I should've asked when you first posted it. :)

Bethany frowns and grabs some nearby weeds from a window box, unsure whether they're Flamebane or not, and tosses them on the flames. They're not.

Douse (Tramp, Dex): 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 13


Maps

Bethany I presume you're using the standard action option to get the DC to 15, you still have your other actions if desired, can even use them to try and put out the fire. Like...

Bethany sees several of the panicked townsfolk and yells at them to put the fire out "Hey! If you put that out drinks are on me!"

Cha+Barkeep DC 20: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 10

They start dumping stuff on the fire, not enough to help, but enough that you probably still owe them drinks later...

Lets also replace your original d10 with a d20. I didn't even notice the error.
1d20+6: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

That said, the original drink splashed onto the fire seems to finally put things out.

At this point, another rock hits the front gates opening up a bigger hole, a pair of oversized militant goblins in heavy armor with longswords bust in.

init hobgoblin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The remaining shaman on the lowest elevation jumps in the lake to try and put out the burning.

He does not emerge.

The middle one tries to escape the longshanks causing him trouble.

disengage DC 11: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 = 4

The goblin, frustrated that he can't get away takes his pointy stick and stabs at doug.

vs AC 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

It makes a very nice ringing sound as it bounces off your armor.

The final shaman who overlooks the lake says more mean words at Hrarsk

vs PD 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
8 damage to Hrarsk and same curse as above.

ESCALATION 2

Fortuna
Khellirin
Doug

Goblin Scum [Red] (2)
Hrask
Bethany
Hobgoblins [Blue]
END OF ROUND
Goblin Shamans [Green] (4)

Fortuna, Khellirin and Doug are up!

Monsters:
Goblin Shaman (AC 17) (PD 12) (MD 16) (HP 34)
Goblin Scum (AC 16) (PD 14) (MD 11) (HP 5 mook)
Hobgoblin Warrior (AC 19) (PD 14) (MD 14) (HP 32)


Male Wood Elf Ranger 8 | HP 160 | AC 27 | PD 22 MD 18 | Recoveries 6

Elven Grace check: 1d6 ⇒ 3 No extra action - yet!

Khellirin swings his blade at the goblin shaman, but the arrival of Handsome Doug on the scene has thrown him off his game!

Longsword, Double Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 And no extra attack from Double Melee Attack. :(
Longsword damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14


Maps

Don't forget you get to do your level on a miss at least.

ESCALATION 2

Fortuna
Doug

Goblin Scum [Red] (2)
Hrask
Bethany
Hobgoblins [Blue]
END OF ROUND
Goblin Shamans [Green] (6)
Khellirin

Fortuna and Doug are up!


Maps

When the scum moves up and stabs Fortuna, the imp retaliates with its stinger.
imp counter: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Taking out that scum.

Fortuna's imp vomits out a rainbow of stinking disgusting colors.

Color Spray is a close-quarters spell meaning it doesn't provoke. Also multiple target spells are especially fun against mooks because you can get the damage against the mook pool for every target you hit.

targets: 1d4 ⇒ 3
This gets us both remaining scum on the mid section as well as the shaman.

Also mult target things like this roll damage once, but to hit against each target.

vs scum 11MD: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
vs scum 11MD: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
vs shaman 16MD: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
psychic damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Both the remaining scum on this level collapse into a pile of rainbow colored goo. An extra scum leaps over the wall, its spear coming straight for Fortuna, unfortunately it catches the last of rainbow vomit, and collapses with its pals.

The remaining 2 scum are both weakened for 1 round. -4 to attacks and defense

The shaman shakes off some of the rainbow goo, but is clearly not happy.

ESCALATION 2

Doug 33/41
Goblin Scum [Red] (2)
Hrask 28/36
Bethany 31/31
Hobgoblins [Blue]
END OF ROUND
Goblin Shamans [Green] (13)
Khellirin 28/36
Fortuna 19/31

Doug is up!


Male Human Paladin 8 | HP 176/176 | AC 29 | PD 20 | MD 21 | Recoveries 6/6 | Init 8

Doug swings his blade at the goblin shaman, "be gone goblin filth!" He shouts as the blade cut into his foe.

Melee: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Maps

Doug: I missed on your first attack but uou get a weapon die for every level, so you should be doing an extra d8.

extra Doug damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Doug gets a nice hit in, staggering the Shaman.

The remaining 2 scum, finding the temperature getting a bit too hot for even their comfort descend to the middle level and throw pointy sticks at Doug and Khellirin.

Drive was down when I made this post, so map may not be updated.

vsDougAC20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
vs
KhellirinAC18:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Khellirin's continues to live a charmed life while Doug takes a hit from a goblin. 3 damage

ESCALATION 2

Hrask 28/36
Bethany 31/31

Hobgoblins [Blue]
END OF ROUND
Goblin Shamans [Green] (23 Staggered)
Khellirin 28/36
Fortuna 19/31
Doug 30/41
Goblin Scum [Red] (2)

Hrarsk and Bethany are up!

Monsters:
Goblin Shaman (AC 17) (PD 12) (MD 16) (HP 34)
Goblin Scum (AC 16) (PD 14) (MD 11) (HP 5 mook)
Hobgoblin Warrior (AC 19) (PD 14) (MD 14) (HP 32)


F Half-orc Bard 8 [ HP 73/128 | AC 25 PD 21 MD 23 | Recoveries 0/4 | Init +11 | Effects: none ]

Bethany gives a quick nod of approval as the fire is finally extinguished, before turning her attention to the hobgoblins and beginning a rousing chant. As counterpoint to the end of the first verse, she sends Doug's empty mug flying toward the nearest of the two hobgoblins. Casting battle chant.

vs MD: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
Not going to use Pull It Together.
Thunder Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

She then attempts to get the nearby citizenry to go put out more fires.

Tavernkeeper (Cha): 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 + 2 = 15


Cleric 8 | Init +12 | AC 29 PD 25 MD 25 | HP 160/160 | Recover 8d8+9 1/3 | Melee +16 8d10+18

I missed the possibility of moving the character in the map, I'll move it from now on.

Seeing the first shaman weakened and surrounded, Hrarsk turns to the second one. He whispers a prayer for divine protection before fleeing the scene, on himself and the two close-range fighters. Using daily spell Shield, +1 AC. I believe Doug and Kellerin are both in nearby range.

Surrounded by Kniht's light, he runs over and strikes the evildoer as hard as possible.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

If anyone attacks this shaman, he gets +1 attack, from war domain.


Maps

Bethany gives a rousing shout which doesn't seem to inspire the townsfolk very much, but she does clunk a hobgoblin on the side of the head, sending his helmet flying.

The hobgoblin will take no damage from the mug, but you have used up the hobgoblin's one immunity to any damage from a hit. (Only one use between them, getting clocked by a flying mug was just too embarrassing)

Hrarsk, the shaman you've moved next to is past a lake and up a cliff from you. If you wanted to engage somebody in melee and attack them this round, it'd be one of the new hobgoblins. I'll assume that's what you want to do, please let me know if I'm mistaken and we'll make things work. Also don't forget that since you're level 2, you get 2 weapon dice on your basic attack. Even though they aren't technically nearby from here, I'm happy to let you get Doug and Khel with the shield of faith.

extra Hrarsk weapon damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Seeing Hrarsk engaged with one hobgoblin, the other moves up to watch his buddy's flank as they both assault Hrarsk.

Longsword vs 19AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Longsword vs 19AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Despite Hrarsk's call for divine protection, both hobgoblins strike home. 8 damage, each.

Several town guards, emboldened by your success rush to the gates to try and patch up the hole left by the hobgoblins. Unfortunately they they crushed as a massive 15ft tall giant smashes through their barricade in progress with its "Big honkin’ club"

The goblin shaman trapped between a pair of blenders once again tries to escape.

DC 11save to disengage: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23

and this time flees into the chaos of the expanding fire. There is also no sign of the remaining goblin shaman but the fires in the upper part of town continue to rage.

I've changed to monsters to show current HP instead of damage. Also the Ogre is large, meaning its about as tough and mean as 2 creatures of its level.

ESCALATION 3

Khellirin 28/36
Fortuna 19/31
Doug 30/41
Goblin Scum [Red] (8) [5]
Hrask 12/36
Bethany 31/31
Hobgoblins [Blue] (18/34) (34/34)
Ogre
END OF ROUND
Goblin Shamans [Green] (11/34 Staggered)

Khel, Fortuna and Doug are up!

Monsters:

Hobgoblin Warrior (AC 19) (PD 14) (MD 14) (HP 32)
Goblin Shaman (AC 17) (PD 12) (MD 16) (HP 34)
Goblin Scum (AC 16) (PD 14) (MD 11) (HP 5 mook)
Ogre (AC 19) (PD 16) (MD 12) (HP 90)


Male Human Paladin 8 | HP 176/176 | AC 29 | PD 20 | MD 21 | Recoveries 6/6 | Init 8

Doug moves over to the fire and uses his shield to shovel dirt at the flames. "Why do raiders always insist on burning the village."

Outlaw hunter+Str: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22


Maps

Doug successfully puts this bit of fire out!


Cleric 8 | Init +12 | AC 29 PD 25 MD 25 | HP 160/160 | Recover 8d8+9 1/3 | Melee +16 8d10+18
Pirate GM wrote:
Hrarsk, the shaman you've moved next to is past a lake and up a cliff from you. If you wanted to engage somebody in melee and attack them this round, it'd be one of the new hobgoblins. I'll assume that's what you want to do, please let me know if I'm mistaken and we'll make things work. Also don't forget that since you're level 2, you get 2 weapon dice on your basic attack. Even though they aren't technically nearby from here, I'm happy to let you get Doug and Khel with the shield of faith.

I must have misread the map. However, I was standing near Doug and Kherillin before I moved (one move action away). I'm fine with attacking the hobgoblin, though it may turn out to be more than I can chew alone...


Maps

They had moved up to the next zone the round before, which is why you weren't near them anymore.

1 to 50 of 1,268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 13th Giantslayer - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.