Season of the Righteous Complete Set


Pathfinder Adventure Card Society


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I was just wondering, when Season of the Righteous Complete Set will be available?

We are starting Season of the Righteous at home play and have been waiting out when the cards for the season have been made available to order.

Eager to try to get punished by mighty Demons ;-)

Grand Lodge Venture-Lieutenant, Pennsylvania—Lancaster aka Theryon Stormrune

Remember that the Season of the Shackles pack came out after the season was over. You have at least a few months before it's available.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Ok, so it will be somewhere early 2016... or maybe even summer 2016. Thank you very much for the answer!

I did pick up this game after the Season of shackles was over, so did't know how the card distribution was related to that season.

Pathfinder ACG Developer

I personally hope that it is well before Summer 2016 (cause I'd like my copy!), but Tanis will know far better. Not for some months at least, though, definitely.

Adventure Card Game Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

We expect to post it to DriveThru as the season concludes.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Thank you for info! So actually, not so long time.


Anyone heard of an update on this so far? Now that we are into season of the runelords, it seems like the set of season of the righteous should be out soon.

I looked in other threads and wasn't able to find anything relevant...if this has been answered recently a link would be helpful...


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

It has been delayed due other tasks... Allmost ready, but not quite.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

There is virtually no chance I will be able to turn my attention to this until August at the earliest.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

So if we chose our Season of the Runelords character to have Scale of Remembrance in their box, can we "unchoose" it since the actual card won't exist until after the season is over? I took it as an upgrade choice but have been trading it out for loot in every scenario waiting on the actual card. I've never used it in play.

Is this going to be the normal scheduling going forward? Should we not expect Runewell's Echo to be available until after the Mummy's Mask season? It matters because my understanding is that we get to assign these cards once as an award, and after that the reward is used up. I don't want to assign Runewell's Echo to my Mummy character only to never get to use it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Can you just proxy the card, declaring that a card in your deck is the Scale?

My group uses Scales, but we also use sleeves so we can just slip the printed card slip.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The default expectation is that you proxy it. (There is no part of PFS ACG play that requires or even assumes that you are buying cards from DriveThru!)


I would like to buy a Complete Set, too. I didn't join the Guild until after Seasons of the Runelords began. I also didn't know about Seasons of the Shackles Complete Set until about two weeks ago when I ordered the Rise of the Runelords Base Set errata cards.

I was hesitant to purchase Skull & Shackles Base Set at first because I'm not into pirates, but I've enjoyed playing in the Guild. My Guild lead told me he might be willing to play Seasons of the Shackles with me, too. I've since bought it but not all the accoutrement yet... I'd heard that my favorite Iconic, Alchemist Damiel, is in it!

I'm looking forward to the Seasons of the Righteous and Seasons of the Runelords Complete Sets, too.

(Off-topic, but also a Magus Class Deck!)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Houstonian wrote:
I've since bought it but not all the accoutrement yet... I'd heard that my favorite Iconic, Alchemist Damiel, is in it!

All I have to say is that you should read this, and know that Liz is right.

Silver Crusade 2/5 RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16 aka cartmanbeck

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vic Wertz wrote:
Houstonian wrote:
I've since bought it but not all the accoutrement yet... I'd heard that my favorite Iconic, Alchemist Damiel, is in it!
All I have to say is that you should read this, and know that Liz is right.

I beg to differ, Vic..

And playing favorites?? SHAME!! :-P


So...any idea when the cards are coming out?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

I can't even think about it in October.


Vic Wertz wrote:
The default expectation is that you proxy it. (There is no part of PFS ACG play that requires or even assumes that you are buying cards from DriveThru!)

Out of curiosity why is this? I mean I can go to my local game store and buy one set of adventures. I can go to my local game store and buy a class deck for this adventure. Why can't I just go to my local game store and buy this second set of adventures?


DriveThruCards is a print on demand service.

In order to satisfy your desire to go to a local game store and buy this set of adventures, they'd have to set up distribution. In order to set up distribution, they'd have to set up a print run and predict how many people buy it.

I don't know if the demand is high enough for that type of setup and delay. Especially for something that's designed to gauge demand in the first place.


zeroth_hour2 wrote:

DriveThruCards is a print on demand service.

In order to satisfy your desire to go to a local game store and buy this set of adventures, they'd have to set up distribution. In order to set up distribution, they'd have to set up a print run and predict how many people buy it.

I don't know if the demand is high enough for that type of setup and delay. Especially for something that's designed to gauge demand in the first place.

What do you mean "designed to gauge demand"? They have been doing seasons for years at this point and are pumping out the class decks to support the seasons. Clearly there's some demand and they must have an idea of what that demand is at this point no?

Silver Crusade 2/5 RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16 aka cartmanbeck

Jim Landon wrote:
zeroth_hour2 wrote:

DriveThruCards is a print on demand service.

In order to satisfy your desire to go to a local game store and buy this set of adventures, they'd have to set up distribution. In order to set up distribution, they'd have to set up a print run and predict how many people buy it.

I don't know if the demand is high enough for that type of setup and delay. Especially for something that's designed to gauge demand in the first place.

What do you mean "designed to gauge demand"? They have been doing seasons for years at this point and are pumping out the class decks to support the seasons. Clearly there's some demand and they must have an idea of what that demand is at this point no?

The class decks aren't primarily "to support the seasons". They're to add new characters to the game, so that you can go back and use them in whatever adventures you happen to have. That they also have the organized play scenarios coming out is a separate thing, which the class decks happen to be useful for.


On the one hand, class decks are more than useful for organized play -- they make organized play possible.

On the other hand, Vic has posted that their data indicates most class decks are not bought for organized play (because class deck purchases far outstrip organized play character registration).

On the third hand -- some of us admitted we stopped registering our characters, out of laziness (and Vic asked us, please, do register, or else they don't know how popular organized play is).


elcoderdude wrote:


On the other hand, Vic has posted that their data indicates most class decks are not bought for organized play (because class deck purchases far outstrip organized play character registration).

Interesting.

elcoderdude wrote:


On the third hand -- some of us admitted we stopped registering our characters, out of laziness (and Vic asked us, please, do register, or else they don't know how popular organized play is).

Doh! Having played over a season I guess I should get around to registering my character....


And, to be clear, when I say "register", that was just shorthand for "register and log play sessions". They don't want to just know how many characters are being used, they want to know how much people are playing.


elcoderdude wrote:
And, to be clear, when I say "register", that was just shorthand for "register and log play sessions". They don't want to just know how many characters are being used, they want to know how much people are playing.

I've got to say I don't know anyone who actually does that. There just isn't the same point as there is for normal organized play.

It's not like I can jump seasons or play adventures at different levels. With this game I'm locked into a single story arc severely limiting the possibility that I could possibly get in on other peoples games.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

Er, actually you can jump seasons just fine. It's not ideal but if your character is of the correct tier you can play any scenario of that tier.

I register and log my sessions, even the solo ones, because it helps with tracking and I'm nice that way. Also, it means I can bring my character to conventions and play it officially.


If there are GM or organizer stars or perks, I'd log many more sessions. I have a stack of session reports that I logged into my own custom tracking software for our store but not the official because it's a pain in the ass to use.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

I agree that creating and reporting events is fairly arcane.


lorddax wrote:
If there are GM or organizer stars or perks, I'd log many more sessions. I have a stack of session reports that I logged into my own custom tracking software for our store but not the official because it's a pain in the ass to use.

We knocked around some ideas about incentives for reporting PACG sessions in this thread, including input from Vic.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Any new news about season of righteous cards deck?
It has been busy times, but soon (tm), summer, not in this year schedule estimations would be helpfull when desiding what to do next...

Many thanks in advance!

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Adventure Card Society / Season of the Righteous Complete Set All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.