Dwarven Forge Kickstarter *April 16 Update*


Miniatures

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

This kickstarter has become incredibly awesome. The stretch goal rewards now include extra basic pieces to help make a huge dungeon, curved walls, diagonal walls, narrow doors, demon doors, pillars, and coming soon walls with windows and dungeon dressing such as barrels and treasure piles! Jump on the bandwagon while you still can!

Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

Shadow Lodge

Oh also an online mapmaker with all of the new pieces! Check it out here:

Dwarven Forge Mapmaker


It's doing very well. I wasn't sure if we'd make it to a million, but now I have no doubt. I need to wait until the next billing cycle on the card I want to use, so I won't be jumping in officially until near the very end (around the 25th).
My current plan is to get 3 painted sets plus 2 add-ons. One will be the floor set, but I'm not certain of the second.


So for European backers for 1-2 sets it's $45 rather than the $70 as shown in the list?
I know it's not much but that drop is almost enough to make me back.

Reasoning:
Actual cost to me: ($120+70)/ 1.48 =£128.38 x1.02 +2{bank conversion charges} = £132.95
Plus: (120/1.48) x .20 {Customs Duty}+ 8 {Handling)

Thus a $120 item becomes £157.16

Darn the rubbish economy.

Dark Archive

cant wait.. to see how far it goes in this next week or 2...

so far its a great deal..

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Sigh.

I wasn't going to get involved in this since I have some 3d terrain I haven't used much. But then I watched the durability demo. Night and day to what I own. Plus the grey injection color is pretty nice looking on its own. At least what I already have will be semi-compatible.

I really need to start a new ftf gaming group.

Dark Archive

has anyone seen the Kickstarter tracker ?

Go to Kickstarter tracker.

Dark Archive

projected for 1.15 million...


I will jump in once the floor pack is unlocked. That could be very useful with my old DF sets. It does seem to be picking up lately.

Dark Archive

Bill Kirsch wrote:
I will jump in once the floor pack is unlocked. That could be very useful with my old DF sets. It does seem to be picking up lately.

24k in less than 24 hrs....

should be an interesting last week or so...


Hopefully it can become Reaper-esque run-away success.


I don't know . . . DF is a much smaller company, and I'm still waiting for my Reaper order to come through with May starting next week.
I don't want DF to have to bite off more than it can chew.

Dark Archive

Bill Kirsch wrote:

I don't know . . . DF is a much smaller company, and I'm still waiting for my Reaper order to come through with May starting next week.

I don't want DF to have to bite off more than it can chew.

true...

it has definitely picked up pace this weekend.

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
Bill Kirsch wrote:

I don't know . . . DF is a much smaller company, and I'm still waiting for my Reaper order to come through with May starting next week.

I don't want DF to have to bite off more than it can chew.

Bill Reaper's delay was with customs, they still started shipping 'on time' (IE in April), and expected shipping to run 4-6 weeks... they were just set back by the vampire pledges sitting in customs for a month, otherwise they would have finished shipping in April instead of starting in April

My guess is that DF planned similarly


Except that on time was supposed to be March.
I don't mind a month's delay.
But as we get closer and closer to two months, I start to get annoyed.


Since we are going slightly off-focus, here's another Dungeon KS.HERE It seems to be concentrating more on the Dungeon dressing as add-ons rather than the rooms, however it looks promising.

Dark Archive

yup that is itar....

He is a fellow hirst arts person..such as myself i have met him several times.. a good guy.


Sorry to ask, probably a stupid question. But what is Hirst Arts people, are you designers & craftsmen? I saw someone with a similar epiphet in the Oriental Building KS.

Dark Archive

hirst arts are molds you can use to create fantasy terrain...

http://www.hirstarts.com/

Dark Archive

here are a few examples of stuff I make..

Go to Rock cavern.

Go to Ruined tower.

Go to Ice caverns.

Go to Dungeon set
.


Man, it's really picking up. We might hit a million by tomorrow!
Going to pull the trigger this weekend. 3 expert sets (I can't paint) plus 2 add-ons (floor set and rounded corners).

Any bets on where we'll end up?

I'm thinking around 1.2 million.


Bill Kirsch wrote:

Any bets on where we'll end up?

I'm thinking around 1.2 million.

I would say higher, there is a large uptick in the last day or so on most of these Kickstarters.


wellsmv wrote:

here are a few examples of stuff I make..

Go to Rock cavern.

Go to Ruined tower.

Go to Ice caverns.

Go to Dungeon set
.

They are gorgeous, well done. With a bit of luck I could see it getting to $1.3 Million, possibly, with the right word of mouth.


The DF kickstart is still looking awesome. Over one million and I bet we hit $1.1MM by midnight.

Everyone who plays RPG should at least look. It is really affordable.


Duncan & Dragons wrote:
Everyone who plays RPG should at least look. It is really affordable.

If you live in the US, yes. Otherwise, not so much.

Itar's KS (linked above) is much more affordable to those of us outside the US.


It's really picking up steam now.
I'm putting in my pledge this weekend.


GentleGiant wrote:
If you live in the US, yes. Otherwise, not so much.

It is too bad they can't do some sort of mass shipment to the EU and distribute from there to reduce the overall cost to ship. I feel for my non US based game friends who can't py the shipment price to join in on this.


danielc wrote:
GentleGiant wrote:
If you live in the US, yes. Otherwise, not so much.
It is too bad they can't do some sort of mass shipment to the EU and distribute from there to reduce the overall cost to ship. I feel for my non US based game friends who can't py the shipment price to join in on this.

Indeed. There was a recent board game (with minis, 3D terrain etc.) KS where they have made a deal with a company in the UK (Tor Gaming) to have them handle European distribution. They send the finished boxes (with address labels, individual add-ons etc.) on a pallet to the UK company and then they ship them out from there.


GentleGiant wrote:
danielc wrote:
GentleGiant wrote:
If you live in the US, yes. Otherwise, not so much.
It is too bad they can't do some sort of mass shipment to the EU and distribute from there to reduce the overall cost to ship. I feel for my non US based game friends who can't py the shipment price to join in on this.
Indeed. There was a recent board game (with minis, 3D terrain etc.) KS where they have made a deal with a company in the UK (Tor Gaming) to have them handle European distribution. They send the finished boxes (with address labels, individual add-ons etc.) on a pallet to the UK company and then they ship them out from there.

Yeah, I backed that. And it was amazing of them to offer that up. It would be nice if DF could have done that, I'm sure it could have added another half-million from European backers.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
DSXMachina wrote:
It would be nice if DF could have done that, I'm sure it could have added another half-million from European backers.

True that.


FINAL HOURS! 34 and counting. Don't regret missing it, like I regret missing the Reaper KS by 41 mins...

Dark Archive

less than 24 hours to go.....

dont miss out...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dwarven-forges-game-tiles- revolutionary-miniature/posts/467235?ref=activity


Holy carp did it blow up today! 1.5 million and counting.
Now there's too many add-ons. I was set on the floor and dungeon dressing, but the stair one is way too tempting. Decisions, decisions.


Yep, that's tough. Trying to work out what I should get myself.

But $1.6 Million and climbing with under a day to go...


I ordered three painted sets and 4 add-ons. I really only want the Dressing, Floor, and Stair Set, but to get another for just $35 is an insane steal! I just have to decide if I'm getting the sorrows set or the curved walls. Suggestions?


I'd go for the Chamber of Sorrows, that can create a really fun room. Or add accents to the existing ones.

I'm not sure whether to get any at all...

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 8

3 painted sets but 14 add-ons. One of the two sets will be split between the Chamber of Sorrows and stairs. I'm getting 4 of the castle add-ons as I can see a lot of use for that in my Kingmaker campaign. I figure with the DF stuff I have and the Legendary Terrain kickstarter, it should more than enough for kitchen table.


Wow, so amazon has broken taking payments... hopefully it'll be back soon and maybe DF could get an extension on the ten's of thousand dollars lost.


Ha! It's Reaper's Bones all over again!

Dark Archive

2 hours left....


Well I broke down. I told myself if we got back from the store and it was over, I was fine with the 2 sets plus bonuses. But if it was still going, I'd add another 70 for 2 add-ons. I logged on with 3 minutes left, so I HAD to do it. Dang deals with myself, shucks. Now I have to decide which 2 I want. Sadly not the Chamber of Sorrows, the pool just looks like tomato soup to me (no insult intended to the dwarven forge folks).


Well, I was only off by half a million. LOL
Too bad we couldn't reach that final goal, though.
Still an amazing deal.
Now if Reaper would hurry up and deliver my figures.

Dark Archive

pres man wrote:
Well I broke down. I told myself if we got back from the store and it was over, I was fine with the 2 sets plus bonuses. But if it was still going, I'd add another 70 for 2 add-ons. I logged on with 3 minutes left, so I HAD to do it. Dang deals with myself, shucks. Now I have to decide which 2 I want. Sadly not the Chamber of Sorrows, the pool just looks like tomato soup to me (no insult intended to the dwarven forge folks).

Almost the same exact situation for me pres man, but I waited till the last actual minute (my alarm was going off right at 7 pm).

2 Set plus 70 dollars in add-ons....if you got the Chamber set with the two for 70 deal it will actually come unpainted (dwarven gray) so you can still pick it up if you want to deal with the painting. The beauty of the chamber set is that it was a repaint of what they already were putting out, so I doubt I will get the gray version.
I will probably get at least one set of the stairs and maybe the corner curve add-on or just more stairs...never.have.enough.stairs.

I wasn't going to do it, but two sets count as three (if you add up the extra pieces) so that comes out to around 40 bucks a set - really almost too good to pass up.


Good point about it being unpainted, I had totally forgotten that. The paint job kind of threw me off, but unpainted it might be interesting. I'll have to think about it. I am definitely going with the Dungeon Dressing set in any case.


Yeah, the pool would be very interesting painted in blue to make a small pond/ cleansing chamber before an altar room. Put a little flock upon the edges and it's an ancient mossy pool.

Yeah, I went overboard too, I have some US friends who can do the shipping and thus ended up pledging for a couple of add-ons & another set... whoops.

At least the final goal was only the promise of an extra sculpt, not any freebie extra's. So I'm sure they will do it anyway.


I barely resisted going in for this kickstarter. I've already been spending way too much on other kickstarters.


So far, I've only backed two, but both were several hundred dollars each.


This is the kickstarter I have spent the most on. Way more than any other.

I can't wait for October to come so I can play with my new toys. :-)


Put in my survey. Ended up with 2 sets unpainted + 1 unpainted Chamber of Sorrows (special thanks to Auxmaulous for reminded me about the unpainted version) + 1 unpainted Dungeon Dressing Pack. Here's to October hopefully.


I resist when the postage ends up costing more than the pledges :P

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Gaming / Miniatures / Dwarven Forge Kickstarter *April 16 Update* All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.