Weekly Wonders—Eldritch Archetypes, Volume VI: Archetypes of Yog-Sothoth (PFRPG) PDF
Necromancers of the Northwest
Add to Cart
Dare You Venture Beyond the Gate?
The eldritch, the strange, and the weird are often relegated to the domains of villains and NPCs in fantasy, with the good guys being the ones who stand in the way of the dark things that remain just beyond our perception, which we can never truly understand. But sometimes, it can be fun to take on the mantle of the otherworldly, and to embrace the alien terrors of the cosmos. Each installment of Weekly Wonders: Eldritch Archetypes contains five archetypes for eldritch characters—those that are weird, alien, and otherworldly, who don’t fit in with normal society—as well as a cleric domain devoted to a specific mythos entity or race.
For this book, we focus on Yog-Sothoth. One of the most frequently used of H.P. Lovecraft’s creations, Yog-Sothoth first appeared in "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward." A being of unimaginable power, Yog-Sothoth is said to be coterminous with all of time and space, and yet somehow outside it. The archetypes presented in this book, whether they reference Yog-Sothoth directly or not, adhere to themes of teleportation and space-time manipulation, as well as the creation of gates and portals. This book contains the following archetypes:
- The dimensional sharpshooter, a gunslinger archetype that can fire bullets that phase through obstacles, or even make their bullets cause their victims to teleport to strange and far-off places.
- The disciple of Yog-Sothoth, a monk archetype that can teleport himself and his foes, and whose touch can cause blindness, insanity, or even cause the creature to merge with Yog-Sothoth itself.
- The servant of Umr-at-Tawil, a paladin archetype that can see the future and warp the fabric of reality in close proximity.
- The keyholder, a summoner archetype, that specializes in summoning aberrations, rather than outsiders, and can teleport his eidolon and summoned creatures around the battlefield.
- The Yog-Sothoth’s blade, a swashbuckler archetype that can teleport up to foes and deliver nasty surprise attacks, or even freeze victims in time.
- A bonus cleric domain devoted to those who worship Yog-Sothoth.
Whether you're about to embark on a campaign of eldritch horror (such as the official Paizo adventure path dealing with strange and alien entities), or you just want an excuse to play a servant of the unknowable and uncaring cosmic entities of the Cthulhu mythos, this book has lots of tantalizing options to offer. Even GMs can get in on the fun, as several of the archetypes here are perfect for insane cultist NPCs as well, and can make for exciting and memorable encounters.
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at