Dan is relaxed and amiable as the agents sit down to speak with him, sliding a manila folder to them before they even have a chance to speak.
In the folder are a number of official documents from Joint Operations Command, Special Affairs Division. A yellow sticky note on the top page has a phone number and a serial number.
"I'll answer want I can, but you're going to need to talk to these folks. I want to help, but I'm afraid having me on board is going to make your jobs a lot more complicated."
• Can you please give us an overview of your powers inasmuch as you’re familiar with them?
"I'm sure Mars' security cameras show me seeming to step out of nowhere, so you know a bit about what I do. I'm afraid the details are classified."
• How long have you been operating as a “hero?”
"You mean with these guys? Since yesterday."
• What motivated you to start?
"I find that explosions outside my bedroom window are pretty motivating."
• What were you doing on the day of the Silver Storm that you were able to get there so quickly?
"I was sleeping, and that's classified. How I got there, I mean. Not the sleeping part."
• Did you know any of the others before Mars recruited you?
• Did you know Maximilian Mars previous to your encounter with F.O.E. and the Freedom League at MarsTech?
• Are your powers dangerous to others in any way… other than when you use them on someone?
"I don't think so, but again, the details are classified."
• Where did you get your powers, or if you’re not comfortable revealing that, what’s their origin?
• How long have you had your powers and how experienced are you with them?
"Come on, I'm being nice. You should know better by now."
• Why did you decide to become a, pardon the term, vigilante instead of joining a government agency or program?
"I wanted a change of pace?"
• Do you have military experience?
"Seriously, just call the number I gave you."
• Do you hold advanced degrees of any kind, such as engineering or the like?
"Don't remember. It's a long story. And it's... you know."
• Do you know first aid?
"Not even a little."