Sunday morning, 2019


Event organized by Paizo Game

The Unreality Incursion

Sunday morning, 9:30 am–1:30 pm, 2019 • Cascade 5

When reality itself is threatened, an unlikely team of an aeon, an angel, an archon, an azata, a demon, and a devil must team up to preserve existence. Will they be able to work together despite their differences or will the planes unravel to...the Unreality Incursion?

Hide event details

Event # 2693710
When PaizoCon 2019:
Where PaizoCon 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Cascade 5
18740 International Blvd.
Seattle, WA 98188
Contact Paizo Inc
paizocon@paizo.com
Category Pathfinder Game (Second Edition)
Game Master Mark Seifter
Age Rating 13+
Complexity Average
Materials Required Dice, Pencil, Character
Character Players will use pre-generated characters provided by Game Master

Paizo Employee Designer

Post here if you're in the Unreality Incursion! If you have a favorite type of celestial, monitor, or fiend, or even if not, it'll be good to see who's coming!


Looking to trade into this slot. I have a ticket for The Journals of Tular Seft on Friday @11am, but I'm not certain I'll make it in time. If anyone is able to trade and wouldn't mind doing so, please let me know.

Silver Crusade

Super excited to have gotten into this! My first preference is to play an aeon or an archon, but anything from the good-aligned planes is also fine!

Paizo Employee Designer

Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
Super excited to have gotten into this! My first preference is to play an aeon or an archon, but anything from the good-aligned planes is also fine!

Ah yes, I am hoping to get very collaborative players to play the two fiends, since despite what it may seem from including them, the goal is not to have lots of PvP.

Should be lots of fun! (or as the azata might say, "Glorious!")

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Very glad I got this one too!

I'd happily put my hand up for a devil. Fighting each-other here seems rather unnecessary, I believe we're all agreed that reality is far superior and more orderly than unreality. While free will has made quite a mess of it, I'm sure the Prince of Darkness can more easily correct that mistake than form order without reality to start with...

Paizo Employee Designer

The pregens do have good reasons not to fight each other, much like the ones Tim suggests here, including (maybe especially) the fiends!

Dark Archive

Amazingly I have ended up in two Mark Seifter games! I think the demon would be fun to play, understanding the angle of "Reality is where all the fun torturable creatures are; I'll lose all that if I don't work with these law-bringers and do-gooders." I doubt anyone is happy about the arrangement but even demons can be smart enough to work against their nature in the short term for more mayhem later.

If I'm not the demon, the Azata would be my second choice.


Hey all - happy to have made it into this game!

Mark - I got to play in one of your PF2 games at PaizoCon last year, getting a first taste of the initial draft of the rules. Now I'm excited to be trying out the rules in final form, seeing what's changed and what hasn't, as well as just enjoying your, um, somewhat goofy style of GM'ing.

I've got some fun ideas for roleplaying an aeon, so I'd probably put that at the top of my list. Not as eager to go the angel route, but I'd take anything else off the list also. Looking forward to playing with you all!

Paizo Employee Designer

Velisruna wrote:

Amazingly I have ended up in two Mark Seifter games! I think the demon would be fun to play, understanding the angle of "Reality is where all the fun torturable creatures are; I'll lose all that if I don't work with these law-bringers and do-gooders." I doubt anyone is happy about the arrangement but even demons can be smart enough to work against their nature in the short term for more mayhem later.

If I'm not the demon, the Azata would be my second choice.

Embrace the chaos! Sounds like the lottery was very kind to you then. Technically they could have both been low-ranked choices too, I guess, but the chance of getting two of those with the same GM is even lower than getting two high ranked choices with the same GM!

Paizo Employee Designer

Khelreddin wrote:

Hey all - happy to have made it into this game!

Mark - I got to play in one of your PF2 games at PaizoCon last year, getting a first taste of the initial draft of the rules. Now I'm excited to be trying out the rules in final form, seeing what's changed and what hasn't, as well as just enjoying your, um, somewhat goofy style of GM'ing.

I've got some fun ideas for roleplaying an aeon, so I'd probably put that at the top of my list. Not as eager to go the angel route, but I'd take anything else off the list also. Looking forward to playing with you all!

Each of the characters has some in-character second-person narrative on the character sheet to help get into their mindset as well as to provide useful backstory. The aeon should be fun (in this case, the aeon, Lemma, is an axiomite because axiomites are aeons now, although don't get into an argument with her about that topic).

This one the goofiness may depend on you guys. FIGHTER SQUAD is pretty much guaranteed to be a goof-fest. Anagnorisis, which I ran each year before last year, was not a good choice for the goof-lovers, though. It was/is pretty creepy.

You in this one with your son? Or anyone else in here playing with a buddy? Playing really morally-disparate outsiders with a buddy might be funny now that I think of it.


Mark Seifter wrote:
You in this one with your son? Or anyone else in here playing with a buddy? Playing really morally-disparate outsiders with a buddy might be funny now that I think of it.

Nope, Simon won't be in this game. He and I have done our own separate lottery selections the last couple of years, so he's got some other stuff going on in this time slot. But I won't be surprised if he drops by at the end to see what he can learn about PF2. He also found the scenario concept very entertaining, so he'll want to catch a bit of that.

As for the buddying up, I expect there will be some of that amongst the characters in this game, based on their roles in the multiverse - but it will be fun to see if there are unexpected connections (and maybe you've built this in to their backstories), like the aeon appreciating the demon's destructive tendencies in a setting that is overcrowded or overly ordered, as a means of restoring balance.

As we sort out the roles we'll be playing, is there a chance to see the pregens beforehand?

Paizo Employee Designer

Khelreddin wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
You in this one with your son? Or anyone else in here playing with a buddy? Playing really morally-disparate outsiders with a buddy might be funny now that I think of it.

Nope, Simon won't be in this game. He and I have done our own separate lottery selections the last couple of years, so he's got some other stuff going on in this time slot. But I won't be surprised if he drops by at the end to see what he can learn about PF2. He also found the scenario concept very entertaining, so he'll want to catch a bit of that.

As for the buddying up, I expect there will be some of that amongst the characters in this game, based on their roles in the multiverse - but it will be fun to see if there are unexpected connections (and maybe you've built this in to their backstories), like the aeon appreciating the demon's destructive tendencies in a setting that is overcrowded or overly ordered, as a means of restoring balance.

As we sort out the roles we'll be playing, is there a chance to see the pregens beforehand?

Cool, I guess I should have realized based on you coming to last year's game.

You've got the right idea about unexpected connections, and the character sheets should help!

Every year that I ran my fey PF1 game First World Problems, I did try to get every player to contact me and get the character sheets out early, though I never fully succeeded at contacting all six players (for your privacy, even I don't have that information, which complicates it dramatically). Much as I'd love to get out the personality info to everyone for some early reading, I'd feel slightly uncomfortable if we assigned out roles now if we don't have everyone because someone who didn't check the boards could be stuck with their last choice of outsider while there might have been a simple swap no one would have minded to avoid it, if you see what I mean. If we can reach all 6 players here and agree, I will be stoked to do it. I don't want to send out electronic copies of the rules info because it has PF2 spoilers.


Yeah, I wondered about both of those points, the desire to have all players at the table get a chance to weigh in on characters they'd like, as well as the PF2 spoiler question - but I'm eager to get thinking about it all, and to see the new rules, so I thought I'd ask!

It's always interesting to me that people go to the trouble of buying tickets, signing up for the lottery and ranking all those events, and then don't get involved in the conversations about the events they won - but I've definitely found it to be the case, as borne out by the fact that you never managed to contact the whole group in the past. I guess I get excited enough about the unique events the lottery provides that I want more info and discussion - and I appreciate that you and the others in the thread are providing it!

Heck, in that spirit, I'll share a bit about me for the rest of the folks who will be at the table. My name is Chris, I live in Berkeley, California (across the bay from San Francisco), and this will be my sixth PaizoCon, I think. I've been coming every year with my son since he was 12 - we started as a gift to him, since he had embarked on playing Pathfinder, and now it's a gift to both of us.

Paizo Employee Designer

Khelreddin wrote:

Yeah, I wondered about both of those points, the desire to have all players at the table get a chance to weigh in on characters they'd like, as well as the PF2 spoiler question - but I'm eager to get thinking about it all, and to see the new rules, so I thought I'd ask!

It's always interesting to me that people go to the trouble of buying tickets, signing up for the lottery and ranking all those events, and then don't get involved in the conversations about the events they won - but I've definitely found it to be the case, as borne out by the fact that you never managed to contact the whole group in the past. I guess I get excited enough about the unique events the lottery provides that I want more info and discussion - and I appreciate that you and the others in the thread are providing it!

Heck, in that spirit, I'll share a bit about me for the rest of the folks who will be at the table. My name is Chris, I live in Berkeley, California (across the bay from San Francisco), and this will be my sixth PaizoCon, I think. I've been coming every year with my son since he was 12 - we started as a gift to him, since he had embarked on playing Pathfinder, and now it's a gift to both of us.

Four out of six players posting here with no prompting is actually pretty outstanding. You guys are shaping up to be an outstanding group already!

Some of the people I didn't get into contact with didn't show up in the past. Honestly for this game where it would be sad if we are missing the full complement, I may need to get understudies. I've had them in the past for First World Problems and pulled them in to play twice (once, the out of contact player did show up a little bit late and I gave him a Kyra, which won't work here). So if you're reading this and want to be an understudy/waitlist for this game, we have four people here already with tickets sounding off (I think) so only two other people maximum, and I haven't tried as hard to contact as I did for FWP (since in FWP the character sheets were complicated PF1 characters that I wanted the players to have a week to read).

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Honestly I probably wouldn't have noticed these threads existed if not for the fact that I look at Mark's recent post history far too often to see if he's posted anything about playtest/2E & saw the post there. So I can totally see how people miss it.

I'm actually coming in from Australia for PaizoCon. It's my first PaizoCon, though I've done the local (far smaller) PaizoCon Asia-Pacific multiple times. A big sendoff for PFS for 1E seemed like a good time to make the trip :)

Silver Crusade

/wave I’m Elizabeth, from Baltimore, MD. This will be my third PaizoCon, though not consecutively. I went to Bermuda last year instead. This was my v top lotto pick, because my love of outsiders from the outer planes is second only to my love of aberrations.

Paizo Employee Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi, everyone, I'm Mark! You may not know this, as I often fly under the radar, but I am a game designer at Paizo. I'm living here in Redmond by way of Cambridge, MA by way of a suburban city in Maryland between Baltimore and DC that only Eliandra/Elizabeth would recognize. I recently started a twitch channel where I air a stream called "Arcane Mark." My favorite Pathfinder book that has the word Pathfinder in its full citation title at least two times is Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Pathfinder Unchained, my favorite angel is the empyrean, my favorite misspelling of Drandle Dreng is Drendel Drenge, and my favorite obscure demiplane you've probably never heard of is Zanziveil.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Happy to have gotten in. My name is Reece, I've been obsessively following 2nd edition news and announcements and this will be my first Paizocon.

Also Agathion monk all the way.

Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / Events / Third-Party and Fan Events / [PaizoCon 2019] The Unreality Incursion - Sunday morning, 9:30 am-1:30 pm, 2019 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Third-Party and Fan Events