GM Zoomba's The Beginning of the End (Inactive)

Game Master Zoomba

Slides/Map

Sign-up sheet


1 to 50 of 267 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Beginning of the End

Gameplay Thread


Beginning of the End

Each of you has been summoned down to the depths of the Lorespire Complex before, but the general vibe around the place is a weird one today. The latest news on the infospheres has been grim with vids of survivors reaching the station from the Kortus IV incident. Within the Society itself talk of 'The Organization' Starfinder leadership is working to confront is on everyone's lips or mandibles, telekinetic organs, vlaka hand-gestures, and the like but parsing which details are truth vs rumor is hard to parse out. What is obvious is that the Lorespire Complex is emptier than usual. Over the last several days a substantial portion of the Society's field agents have left in various starships, each to different destinations out in the Vast.

And today it seems it might be your turn. As Celtia has summoned you to meet with her in the Archive's Cortex...

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 6 (Themeless)Buffs: SP 48/48 HP 34/34|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 9/9|EAC 20 KAC 21 AC 29|Fort +5* (Yeti Boon) Ref +5 Will +7 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +11 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10|Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|+2 skill roll 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1| Hack Capacitor 1/1|Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5|

George 09-23 arrives in his spanking shining new armour. As usual he arrives as early as possible to the meeting and plays with his new toys until the others arrive.

Wayfinders

Male LN Embri Priest Mystic 5 Character Sheet | SP 26/35, HP 30/36, RP 3/6 | EAC: 16 KAC: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +2, Will: +8 (+2 enchantment, immune to charm) | Init: +1 | Perc: +11 (sees ethereal), SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft | Tracked Resources: Shirt Reroll 1/1, Healing Touch 1/1, Level 1 Spells 3/5, Level 2 Spells 1/3, Tetrad Rings 10/20, Pulsecaster Pistol 19/20 | Active conditions:

With four limbs ending in claws, mollusk-like bodies, brain sacs behind their heads, and metallic masks concealing their faces, the embri of Near Space are a rare but distinctive species in the Lorespire Complex. "This one is pleased to meet you. This once speaks for those fallen, and will be pleased to speak for you when the time comes."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Vanguard 5 EAC19(20) - KAC21(22) (+1 with shield) | SP60/60 HP 41/41 RP6/7 | Init +0 | Perc +8 SM +0| F +9, R +4, W +5 | Speed 30ft. fly 30ft. (average) | EP 1

Ombonth is a large blueish unsmiling Dragonkin with strange dark purplish glowing scars on his face. His left eye is blank, as one of his scars cross it. He wears a shiny new heavy armor and don't seems to have any weapon on him.
Following him, is a smiling Ryphorian.
With a coarse voice the Dragonkin says Ombonth the twice-born he shrugs at the Android and Embri and adds not a talker, but Alsayf is. Ombonth's claw points at the Ryphorian next to him.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Ombonth's Professional Hireling (Diplomat) | +9 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidation

Hi! I'm Alsayf, pleasure to meet you all. Venture-Captain Zafeldrin sent me to help Ombonth in social situation, when needed. Says with a bright smile the Ryphorian.

Ombonth grunts at Alsayf's words.

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

An elven girl wearing a loose turquoise hoodie over a stretchy landing suit joins the others in Celita's office. Her ammo belt holds two batteries and multiple currently empty quick-release clips for holding grenades.

"Hi all! I'm 5am," she pronounces her name as sam, but from the mission briefing ledgers it's apparent that her handle is written with a number.

"Nice to be on a mission again, the Lorespire is getting a little lonely these days," 5am giggles melancholically. "I'm a bit of Jill of All Trades. Everything is kind of interesting! I can nudge the timeline just a little too, like bumping an arcade pinball machine."


Beginning of the End

Introducing yourselves to each other as you walk you quickly come to Celita's main office. The door is open, and entering you can see the android sitting back in a command cradle and working via holographic consoles projected all about her. Noticing your arrival she quickly pauses her work, clears her screens, and turns to greet the you with a nod.

"Thank you for coming." Celita says. her voices sounds strained and tired. "As I’m sure you know, the Starfinder Society is at odds with a criminal organization we’ve recently identified as the Order of Dawning Fate. The Order is led by Zhaneni, a powerful precog, who is in turn aided by her six fellow founders. Over the past year we’ve confronted many of these founders," the Dataphile glances at George -09-23 as she keeps talking "with only three still at large: Kebzec, an engineer and inventor, and Evethriel, a mystic who specializes in infiltration and subterfuge—plus Zhaneni herself, of course."

"Zhaneni augments her powers of precognition with a rare starmetal called finitrium. It was long believed to have no practical applications, but Zhaneni discovered a way to refine finitrium, supposedly unlocking its divinatory properties. We’re not sure how she’s using it exactly, but we do know that her supply is running out."

“Enter Project Dawn. This top secret project was enacted by Zhaneni for the express purpose of obtaining a stable supply of finitrium. Project Dawn includes everything from planetary surveys to the acquisition and conquest of finitrium sources. At some point in the past few years, Zhaneni found a new finitrium source located beneath a metropolis in the Vast. After determining the city was unconquerable by traditional means, Zhaneni commissioned the creation of a weapon that would make the city uninhabitable, driving out the citizens without harming her own forces or the finitrium beneath the city. This weapon induces deadly natural disasters—earthquakes, I suspect—that are controllable, both in intensity and area affected. This weapon is already complete and is going to be deployed in the immediate future. If we can’t find the weapon and shut it down, millions of people will die."

“We Dataphiles have been working for months to narrow down the potential targets, but time is running out. Starfinders are being dispatched to over a dozen cities throughout the Vast.” With a swipe of her hand, an image of an idyllic planet appears on Celita’s holographic display. “Your assigned city is Izdria, a metropolis on the planet Relthune. A few days ago, we received an encrypted message that claimed Izdria was the Order’s target. While it’s possible the sender is an ally, you should assume it’s a trap. I’m providing you with a copy of the message. When you arrive, you’ll be close enough to trace the message’s origin. Start your investigation there. Determine if Izdria is the Order’s target and, if it is, find and disable the disaster weapon. Expect heavy resistance.”

As she finishes this last point Celita leans back into her chair, looking exhausted. Heavy bags rest under her eyes and it looks like the android has had little sleep lately.

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

"Aww...! It's a shame the supply of finitrium is so finite. It's super cool but certainly not worth fighting over, I think! Don't worry Celita, we'll do our part!"

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything important? This is from an aasimar woman who is currently modelling the latest style in Estex Suit 3 armour. I was doing a photoshoot and lost track of time - and it's hard to hear my comm unit underwater. Indeed, her hair does look a little damp.

She carries her 'Go bag' and has a Corona Laser Pistol at her side with a Merciful Seal on it.

I'm Celestia but my friends usually call me Celly. Empath mystic at your service.

She then looks over to Celita in concern and telepathically sends.
If you need to talk ... my office is always open, I'm a licensed Counsellor


Beginning of the End

"I am glad to hear it." Celita says with a forced smile.

In Celly's head the aasimar hears. I...appreciate the concern. Ziggy has also recommended some therapists. But the work needs to be done first...

Aloud the reclining android asks: "There is a Pegasus being loaded up for your trip to Izdria right now. Do you understand your assignment? I can answers any questions I can now, but once you're in the Vast communications will likely lag and you will need to rely on your own judgment."

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

Understood

If you want a vacation, I have a beach house on Castrovel

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

5am asks the chat of Starfinder trainees following her livefeed about what questions she should ask.

"Oh these are good ones!" The elf's pointed ears perk up at the suggestions. "Anything particularly cool about Izdria like local specialities? What sort of resistance might we face? Anything you can tell us about the contact who sent the message?"

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

Celestia taps into Sam's live feed with interest.


Beginning of the End
5am wrote:

5am asks the chat of Starfinder trainees following her livefeed about what questions she should ask.

"Oh these are good ones!" The elf's pointed ears perk up at the suggestions. "Anything particularly cool about Izdria like local specialities? What sort of resistance might we face? Anything you can tell us about the contact who sent the message?"

“Izdria is on of the most popular tourist destinations on the planet of Relthune, a multicultural metropolis with a population of 3.5 million that is prized for its picturesque mountainside views of the surrounding ocean, and its plentiful pre-Gap ruins." Celita responds. "Which means the casualties if this disaster weapon is fired there would be unimaginable."

As 5am inquires about the resistance - and the sender of the tip - the android's brow furrows. “I don't know what forces you might need to confront there. The 'Order of Dawning Fate' are highly secretive but incredibly powerful. They've engaged in anything from legitimate businesses to espionage to blackmail, theft, murder, paramilitary conquest, and the recent nuclear destruction of an entire world. They are a terroristic cult of personality around their leader Zhaneni. Whatever you may find, do not underestimate them!"

She sighs "And I'm not even certain that Izdria is their target. We have other teams already searching other metropolises that fit what we know about the Order's needs. But three days ago I received an encrypted message from an unknown sender. I cracked the encryption easily enough, discovering the message’s contents and the sender’s signature: an apple. The message read, ‘The Order’s target is Izdria. You’re running out of time.’ This mystery contact could be leaking information to us, or it could be an intentional red herring. But what it is not is something that can be ignored."

*details about Relthune itself that are interesting but boring to try to causally slot into a conversation:
Relthune is one of six loosely affiliated planets in a single-sun solar system. It’s a densely populated world of rolling hills, verdant forests, and pristine seas. It has several continents, breathable atmosphere, and standard gravity. Relthune’s primary defining feature is its plentiful ancient ruins, which have been meticulously tended and restored. Many of the planet’s settlements are built around these ruins, making each city an eclectic mix of ancient past and modern innovation. Relthune is known for its advancements in archaeology and architectural restoration, and for its historic and academic tourism.

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

Celly nods. I heard about that nuclear devastation. I've had at least one Starfinder on my couch because of it.

Erm .... did that apple have a bite out of it? I was there when Datch escaped the Bastille. I've been waiting for her to pop up again.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Vanguard 5 EAC19(20) - KAC21(22) (+1 with shield) | SP60/60 HP 41/41 RP6/7 | Init +0 | Perc +8 SM +0| F +9, R +4, W +5 | Speed 30ft. fly 30ft. (average) | EP 1

As the mention of an apple, Ombonth reacts.

Datch! This little brat is in all dirty tricks...

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

I will take great pleasure in bringing her back then

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 6 (Themeless)Buffs: SP 48/48 HP 34/34|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 9/9|EAC 20 KAC 21 AC 29|Fort +5* (Yeti Boon) Ref +5 Will +7 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +11 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10|Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|+2 skill roll 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1| Hack Capacitor 1/1|Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5|

George 09-23 nods quietly for now as he does not have anything definitive to add to the conversation. He is certain that they will discover the meaning of the warning once they begin their investigation on Izdria.


Beginning of the End

"Yes, the choice of sign-off does seem to heavily indicate Datch is the sender." Celita agrees. "And the Order orchestrated a prison break last year within the Adamantine Bastille, which served as a cover for them to assassinate several inmates and free the ysoki criminal." she politely avoids making eye contact with Celly for a moment.

"Datch is not our ally." Celita cautions "She is a character assassin who has smeared our Society and leveraged the masses in an attempted boardroom coup of AbadarCorp. However, I’m not convinced she’s the Order’s ally, either. It’s possible she’s working for them willingly, perhaps swayed by Zhaneni’s silver tongue and a promising future, but it’s also possible that Datch wasn’t freed by the Order, but abducted, and has simply moved from one prison to another. There also remains the possibility that the apple is unrelated to Datch, or else a purposeful misdirection by the Order. You’re experienced agents: I trust you to discern the truth."

Wayfinders

Male LN Embri Priest Mystic 5 Character Sheet | SP 26/35, HP 30/36, RP 3/6 | EAC: 16 KAC: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +2, Will: +8 (+2 enchantment, immune to charm) | Init: +1 | Perc: +11 (sees ethereal), SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft | Tracked Resources: Shirt Reroll 1/1, Healing Touch 1/1, Level 1 Spells 3/5, Level 2 Spells 1/3, Tetrad Rings 10/20, Pulsecaster Pistol 19/20 | Active conditions:

"This one feels grave foreboding, yet the mission is both honourable and necessary, and thus these ones' path cannot be diverted."

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

"Alright! We won't underestimate them and will do our best as always! I don't have any further questions. Seems like we'll get to improvise a fair bit!"

Celly finds 5am's feed to have a moderate viewcount, mostly from Absalom Station and Akiton but some from Liavara as well. Her archive seems mostly to be slice of life and chat interaction videos, with a focus of cheering up the audience and to find motivation and meaning in everyday life. A few videos stand out, being harsh critiques of new hovercycle models.


Beginning of the End

"Gods' speed then." Celita says. "Coordinates to Relthune are being sent to your datapads now. You should depart within the hour: there's multiple starships loaded and ready in the Arms so take whichever type of craft you wish. But know: time is of the essence."

Last chance to purchase anything before heading out (here at least. Izdria's even more populous than Absalom Station so it should have plenty of shops, though who's to say if you'll have the time and opportunity to use them)

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

Celly sighs. Pegasus frame? But I'm fairly easy. And, hopefully there's time to hit the waves after the mission.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Vanguard 5 EAC19(20) - KAC21(22) (+1 with shield) | SP60/60 HP 41/41 RP6/7 | Init +0 | Perc +8 SM +0| F +9, R +4, W +5 | Speed 30ft. fly 30ft. (average) | EP 1

Not really a pilot, so any frame is fine by me! grunts Ombonth.

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

"But the Pegasus is fun! ...for leisure cruising at least," 5am giggles, indicating that if a pilot is needed after all she's up to the task.

Wayfinders

Male LN Embri Priest Mystic 5 Character Sheet | SP 26/35, HP 30/36, RP 3/6 | EAC: 16 KAC: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +2, Will: +8 (+2 enchantment, immune to charm) | Init: +1 | Perc: +11 (sees ethereal), SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft | Tracked Resources: Shirt Reroll 1/1, Healing Touch 1/1, Level 1 Spells 3/5, Level 2 Spells 1/3, Tetrad Rings 10/20, Pulsecaster Pistol 19/20 | Active conditions:

"This one must confess a deficiency in this one's emotional makeup. Although this one understands the gravity of the situation and the ominous circumstances that surround it, this one always finds excitement in travelling to a new world!"

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

I would not refer to that as a deficiency my friend. Or if it is, I too suffer from it

Once the ship is chosen, Celestia makes herself comfortable in the command chair.


Beginning of the End

The lot of you find a Pegasus-class craft already fueled up and idling when you reach the docking bay. With Celita's coordinates, as soon as you clear the fleet of ships around the station you are able to spool up the craft's Drift engine and translate into that plane.

The journey through the Drift is typically lenghty for a system in the Vast. You spend 5d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 3, 6) = 18 days aboard you ship, able to prepare however you choose. Finally, the path through that plane ends and you re-emerge from the Drift out into the Woznis system. The planet Relthune sits nearby. Even from orbit the gleaming blue of its oceans and deep green of its forests pop on your viewscreens. You're able to begin your descent into Relthune's orbit and fly across towards the city of Izdria.

When your ship begins to approach the metropolis and close in on its spaceport, yourcomms array starts to pick up several all-channel broadcasts.
Warning: A series of earthquakes and seismic events continue to be ongoing in the local area. Please remain alert for any tremors and exercise caution. Preparedness drills and information can be found on the city government infosphere. Warning: A series of earthquakes and seismic events continue to be ongoing in the local area. Please remain alert for any tremors and exercise caution. Preparedness drills and information can be found on the city government infosphere. Warning: A series of...

Physical Science:
Scanning the city during your approach confirms there is frequent tectonic activity occurring in the city and the surrounding region. The quakes are frequent and seem to have been going on for weeks, with steadily building intensity.

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

Someone scan that area please. And also look for any anomalous energy signatures as well, thank you

Wayfinders

Male LN Embri Priest Mystic 5 Character Sheet | SP 26/35, HP 30/36, RP 3/6 | EAC: 16 KAC: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +2, Will: +8 (+2 enchantment, immune to charm) | Init: +1 | Perc: +11 (sees ethereal), SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft | Tracked Resources: Shirt Reroll 1/1, Healing Touch 1/1, Level 1 Spells 3/5, Level 2 Spells 1/3, Tetrad Rings 10/20, Pulsecaster Pistol 19/20 | Active conditions:

"And this one reminds these ones that the Celita said upon approaching Izdria these ones could trace the origins of the message."

I'm not much with Computers, but I'll try an Aid Another check--you never know!

Computers (Aid Another): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Vanguard 5 EAC19(20) - KAC21(22) (+1 with shield) | SP60/60 HP 41/41 RP6/7 | Init +0 | Perc +8 SM +0| F +9, R +4, W +5 | Speed 30ft. fly 30ft. (average) | EP 1

Neither Ombonth or Aystif have skills in that area. They wait for their comrades to use the ship equipments or make theories about the earthquakes.

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

5am consults a language model trained by one of her livefeed subscribers who's a geologist.

Physical Science: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

She leaves the computer scanning to someone else, busy with the Pegasus' controls.


Beginning of the End

From the air you're able to take a scan of Izdria. In addition to 5am's geological findings, your ship notices some locations near the central district of the city that are using a high amount of power. Several dozen locations in fact. A bit too many to search through all of them quickly on your own, but you can mark their locations to possibly be useful in narrowing down your search…

When your Pegasus finally gets its clearance and landing berth you can fly it into the spaceport and disembark. The port itself is expansive and was clearly once a picturesque plaza paved with colorful mosaic tiles throughout. But those tiles are now marred with jagged cracks along the floor and walls, and cordoned off sections of rubble sit in places where elaborate stone archways have recently crumbled. The spaceport is also packed with people of all species, most of whom are waiting for departing starships or crowding into a series of 'evacuation buses' set up on the streets right outside. You notice several people in military attire are spread throughout the facility and nearby streets. From their uniforms' insignia they look like Relthuni reservists that have been called up and mobilized, and while they seem to be trying their best to direct the citizens and evacuees most of them appear quite flustered and overwhelmed…

Images on mounted vidscreens throughout the spaceport plaza broadcast a variety of news programs. Regardless of the feed or broadcasters the topic is the same: over images showing recently collapsed buildings and ruins run stories of quake warnings, with each newscaster in their own way dourly reporting the growing intensity of the quakes and advising those who can to evacuate the city.

Well, what a chipper and upbeat place to have landed in :p
Now that you are on-world you could try to trace the encrypted message's source location with Computers. Gathering information about the city or the area with Culture or Diplomacy (to Gather Information) is another thing to do. Or perhaps something else entirely: how do you all react to the scene?

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

5am is a bit startled at the scene. "Oh. I hope there's enough evacuation vehicles for everyone..." she sighs, not realizing the Starfinder team might be able to stop the catastrophe.

She taps in the most local infosphere to chat with people waiting for vehicle access. The information she receives might not be the most vital, but she does bump the timeline in a slight way.

Paradox: 6 for Diplomacy result of 20. Focal paradox generates a new paradox: New Paradox: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Wayfinders

Male LN Embri Priest Mystic 5 Character Sheet | SP 26/35, HP 30/36, RP 3/6 | EAC: 16 KAC: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +2, Will: +8 (+2 enchantment, immune to charm) | Init: +1 | Perc: +11 (sees ethereal), SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft | Tracked Resources: Shirt Reroll 1/1, Healing Touch 1/1, Level 1 Spells 3/5, Level 2 Spells 1/3, Tetrad Rings 10/20, Pulsecaster Pistol 19/20 | Active conditions:

"This one would would provide assistance to those ones to ensure an orderly evacuation, but this one knows the fate of worlds may be at stake! Thus, this one will attempt to converse with those ones to gather clues for these ones' next steps."

Speaker for the Dead approaches some of the people standing in line without nothing to do, introduces himself as a Starfinder and priest of Pharasma from the planet Wymdd, and asks if anyone has heard of the Order of Dawning Fate, Zhaheni, or the localised source of the tremors.

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

Celly also does what she does back, being a diplomat.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 6 (Themeless)Buffs: SP 48/48 HP 34/34|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 9/9|EAC 20 KAC 21 AC 29|Fort +5* (Yeti Boon) Ref +5 Will +7 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +11 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10|Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|+2 skill roll 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1| Hack Capacitor 1/1|Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5|

George 09-23 tries to use his technical skills to find the source of the signals.

Computers: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22


I am slotting my boons for the mission. Faction: Dataphiles Champion, Starship: Enhanced Targeting, Social: Expert Blackmail, Slotless: Marked Field Agent, Ally Boon: (Duskmire Allegiance-Yetis), Personal Boon: Scoured Star Survivor.


Beginning of the End

Many of you chat with the various people awaiting departure while George 09-23 finds a quiet spot to try and trace the message's signal

The people in the crowds are sullen and nervous, but some are happy to speak to Celly and 5am. Those who are residents of Izdria talk with pride about how the city's ancient and has endured since long before the Gap by each generation carefully building upon and around the ruins of those that came before, resulting in a fusion of carefully preserved ancient architecture and modern amenities. It's known widely as a major tourist hub on Relthune - and indeed you see many visitors and tourists about who seem to be regretting the timing of their visit - but the locals emphasize the city isn't just that: it also serves as one of the planet's major research hubs, with the premiere Izdria University having an elite architecture and archeology program.

Both of you notice as you speak to people and glance up at the vidscreens and infosphere that the reporting vibe is somber. Strikingly so - while the quakes do indeed seem to be getting worse it's surprising that barely a whiff of hopeful messaging is being shared.

As Speaker for the Dead asks around none of those he speaks to seem to recognize Zahennis' name, or that of the Order. But the embri's role as a priest gets much response as leaving evacuees ask him for blessings or for Pharasma's mercy. Through conversations Speaker for the Dead finds himself directed towards a nearby church of Weydan, where the priests have opened their doors to shelter and care for the recently injured. Despite being of a different faith the head priest welcomes the mystic with open arms: "It is always good to see a fellow man of faith. If you need refuge yourself come inside. And I hope your presence here is a good omen: your Lady may be best known for her role in one moment in life, but I know she is a goddess of Birth as well." As you take in the Weydanite temple Speaker you notice that there is - alarmingly - a fresh fissure creeping under one of the building's sides. The temple itself might soon become unstable: perhaps with some Engineering, Perception, or Physical Science skills you could diagnose the issue and warn the priests. Or at least help them arrange medical aid and transport with Athletics or Medicine


Beginning of the End

Meanwhile, George 09-23 continues to work. When the taks begins you'd expect this trace to be a time-consuming and thorny task to accomplish, possibly even an impossible one. The encrypted message was sent through multiple relays, and weeks ago. Shockingly though, the technomancer is able to complete the trace in a matter of minutes! Following its path is remarkably easy to the point the encryption style used appears almost to have been intended to lead the receivers back to its source.

The message was sent out from a small building on the western end of Izdria's downtown district. A quick search of the address lists is as a news station called RelWIN. And when you regroup Celly, Speaker, and 5am can chime in that they've heard talk about RelWIN, or the "Relthune World Information Network". It's a longstanding news, media, and infosphere netwrok that is one of the planet's most popular and has existed for decades. RelWIN's Izdrian closed down last year due to lapsed payments and seized by the city. The CEO is still fighting that seizure in court - he's claiming the closure was due to an accounting glitch and the property seizure was illegally executed - but as the trial is pending the Izdrian office has been abandoned for months.

Wayfinders

Male LN Embri Priest Mystic 5 Character Sheet | SP 26/35, HP 30/36, RP 3/6 | EAC: 16 KAC: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +2, Will: +8 (+2 enchantment, immune to charm) | Init: +1 | Perc: +11 (sees ethereal), SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft | Tracked Resources: Shirt Reroll 1/1, Healing Touch 1/1, Level 1 Spells 3/5, Level 2 Spells 1/3, Tetrad Rings 10/20, Pulsecaster Pistol 19/20 | Active conditions:

Speaker for the Dead feels warm pleasure spreading through his body as he's invited into the temple. Always eager to see, explore, and make connections, he approaches eagerly. But only the flat steel mask concealing his face keeps invisible the ripple of alarm he feels upon noticing the fissure. "This one is most pleased by this one's invitation! he tells the priest. "Please excuse this one as this one must briefly communicate with this one's fellow Starfinders."

Speaker for the Dead casts nervous glances at the fissure, and whispers into his comlink: "Esteemed teammates! This one has observed a danger that could threaten the lives of those within a holy sanctuary. This one asks these ones to help those ones."

Then, recalling with perfect clarity the time he Spoke the Life of a geologist killed while investigating the frequent tremors on Daimalko, the embri tries to survey the extent of the danger.

Spending 1 RP to Access the Akashic Record and get ranks in Physical Science for this check.

Physical Science: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

This one will be right there Celestia replies. I'll scan the problem and send the information to Holtzmann, my hireling. She'll know what to do - as long as she's not too busy as a Ghostbuster

She hurries over.

physical science: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

5am, concerned for the safety, tries to help with the fault diagnosis using her geology language model again.

Physical Science: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Beginning of the End

The head priest a lashunta woman named Cilara is alarmed by the news you bring her but listens carefully to your explanations and grimly agrees. "So, this is now one more refuge no longer safe for those who need it. Unfortunate...but it could have been a tragedy had you not spotted the risk. You have our eternal thanks: should it fall the temple can be rebuilt, but souls cannot be so easily fixed."

The priests start moving the injured to the gardens outside while one of them works to try and get a transport vehicle arranged for them.

Wayfinders

Male LN Embri Priest Mystic 5 Character Sheet | SP 26/35, HP 30/36, RP 3/6 | EAC: 16 KAC: 16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +2, Will: +8 (+2 enchantment, immune to charm) | Init: +1 | Perc: +11 (sees ethereal), SM: +14 | Speed 30 ft | Tracked Resources: Shirt Reroll 1/1, Healing Touch 1/1, Level 1 Spells 3/5, Level 2 Spells 1/3, Tetrad Rings 10/20, Pulsecaster Pistol 19/20 | Active conditions:

Speaker for the Dead lends assistance in helping the priests move the injured to safety. Once the evacuation is complete, he bids them farewell. "This one wishes those ones a pleasant journey along the paths of the future, and a life long remembered by all who would speak it."

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 6 (Themeless)Buffs: SP 48/48 HP 34/34|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 9/9|EAC 20 KAC 21 AC 29|Fort +5* (Yeti Boon) Ref +5 Will +7 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +11 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10|Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|+2 skill roll 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1| Hack Capacitor 1/1|Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5|

George 09-23 attempts to triage the wounded so the most in need can be cared for first.

Medicine: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Wayfinders

Female Aasimar Mystic (Empath)-7 | SP:42/42, HP:46/46, RP:6/6 | EAC:18, KAC:19 | F:3, R:3, W:8 | Spells/day : 1st 4/4 2nd : 4/4 3rd: 2/2 | NG | WAY | 124312-717

Celestia also does what she can, since she just gained her Advanced First Aid certificate.

medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Vanguard 5 EAC19(20) - KAC21(22) (+1 with shield) | SP60/60 HP 41/41 RP6/7 | Init +0 | Perc +8 SM +0| F +9, R +4, W +5 | Speed 30ft. fly 30ft. (average) | EP 1

sorry for my lack of posting, kids and work took the best of me!

After landing in the city
Seems like we are at the right place. Unexpected natural disasters... exactly what this Dawn Weapon is supposed to do.

Present time

Ombonth help the get people to safety.

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Acquisitives

She/They | HP 35/35 | SP 37/37 | KAC 21 | EAC 20| RP 9/9 | Per +7 | F/R/W +3/+12/+4 | Init +7

Medicine is not 5am's strong suit but she does the best she can with the first aid triage help.

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Beginning of the End

All of you work to try and aid the wounded. Many of you actually successfully Ombonth and Celly…have efforts that are appreciated at least.

The worst of the injured from the temple are stabilized as a van arrives to carry them to a nearby shelter. But even as it’s leaving the ground around you begins to shake. People in the streets scream and run for archways and cover as Izdria quakes. Luckily the tremors are brief and minor and soon stop. For now…

What would you like to do next?

1 to 50 of 267 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zoomba's The Beginning of the End All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.