[Outpost VII] GM Soulnova's 7-10 The Consortium Compact

Game Master soulnova

RPG Chronicles signup
Google slides


1 to 50 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Place a dot here and delete once you have been selected.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Water laps steadily at the pier as sailors, laborers, and merchants rush busily around Absalom’s port. The venture-captain’s summons called for a meeting aboard the Sixwing Drake, a sleek sailing ship.

You meet at the pier while supplies are being loaded to the ship. Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin is still nowhere to be seen, so you could take this chance to present yourselves and get to know each other before he arrives.

Liberty's Edge

#??-?? XXXXXX Female N Elf Slayer 1 / Rogue (unch.) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 20 T 16 FF 14 (+4 vs. AoO) | CMB +2 CMD 18 | F: +2 R: +10 W: +1 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (low-light, trap spotter 10') | SM +5 | Speed 30ft

A slim figure in unremarkable clothes weaves gracefully through the crowd, a pair of (exotic) light elvish blades at her belt. Anyone who is perceptive enough to successfully peek under the hood of her cloak for a split second gets to see the face of an elvish woman... with a large scar going diagonally from the upper left of her forehead to the lower right of her chin. When she arrives at the pier in front of the Sixwing Drake, she looks around and finally asks the - assumed - bystanders: "Excuse me, has anyone seen Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin of the Pathfinder Society? I have a meeting with him..."

Grand Lodge

Male LN vanara unchained monk (lifting hand) 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 20 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4| Init: +5 | Perc: +8 (low-light), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft. | 0 Reroll | Active conditions: None

A serious-looking creature as much monkey as man enters the room. He is covered in greyish-brown fur from head to toe, and a tail peeks out from his clothing. He wears only a skirt embroidered with images of birds - mostly black, but one silver - flying over a mountain, held up by a white rope belt. The sword at his hip gleams, and you wonder if it has ever tasted blood or is just an affectation. Bowing slightly to each fellow agent, he says, "My greetings to you, and good fortune upon our journey. My name is Nisek, and I am a practitioner of ancient martial arts. Although new to the Society, I am sure my strength will be an asset to this group." He then joins in the search for Valsin.

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
Rosla el Func wrote:
A slim figure in unremarkable clothes weaves gracefully through the crowd, a pair of (exotic) light elvish blades at her belt. Anyone who is perceptive enough to successfully peek under the hood of her cloak for a split second gets to see the face of an elvish woman... with a large scar going diagonally from the upper left of her forehead to the lower right of her chin. When she arrives at the pier in front of the Sixwing Drake, she looks around and finally asks the - assumed - bystanders: "Excuse me, has anyone seen Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin of the Pathfinder Society? I have a meeting with him..."

A large, unkempt olive-skinned man hears the name Ambrus Valsin and looks at the woman, "Yeah I'm looking for the Venture-Captain too! Ekadan Joshi is the name, who are you and what do you do? Hit things?"

Wearing cheap lamellar armor made of leather and a dirty, poorly patched Explorer's Outfit there is one thing notable about what the man has with him - a very large steel hammer!
His attention drawn by the newest member arriving Ekadan turns to Nisek and says, "Holy! Look at this mama jama! I haven't seen anything like you since I was last in Jalmeray! My name is Ekadan Joshi (although he announced himself so loudly the first time you're certain half the docks heard him), nice to meet you. So you're strong huh? We'll see about that eh?"
He gives Nisek a hearty clap on the back and resumes looking for Ambrus.
"My last mission involved boats. If you guys can't swim you might want to run and go buy something to keep you from drowning. I've got a floaty someone can borrow."
Ekadan reaches into one of his bags and brings out a rather bedraggled, but still functional, flotation device.
"I even have this tube you can breathe through!" and brings out a snorkel and shows the others how it works.

Liberty's Edge

#??-?? XXXXXX Female N Elf Slayer 1 / Rogue (unch.) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 20 T 16 FF 14 (+4 vs. AoO) | CMB +2 CMD 18 | F: +2 R: +10 W: +1 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (low-light, trap spotter 10') | SM +5 | Speed 30ft

"Name's Rosla. Hitting... things is something I can do quite nicely. But I also can open locks, craft and disarm traps, scout, climb, swim, and I'm a bit of an acrobat... And what do you do, Ekadan Joshi? Hit things harder?"

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
Rosla el Func wrote:

"Name's Rosla. Hitting... things is something I can do quite nicely. But I also can open locks, craft and disarm traps, scout, climb, swim, and I'm a bit of an acrobat... And what do you do, Ekadan Joshi? Hit things harder?"

"Yeah when it's Hammer Time I come out swinging!"

Ekadan makes a few maneuvers with his lucerne hammer.
"But I'm really a people person so don't sweat it if we have to negotiate with someone."

Grand Lodge

male dhampir sorc(crossblooded)1, HP 10, AC/TFF 11/11/10, F +1, R +1, W +2, Initi +1, Perc +3

A tall slender man strolls down the dock towards the gathered agents, keeping time with his walking stick as he does. He has almost white hair flowing freely over his collar, and a tinted pair of glasses. He approaches the others with a grin.

Well, since you lot don't look like sailors, I assume you are here for the same reason I am....at least that's I'm guessing. I'm Daegon... he says with a slight bow of acknowledgement.

Anyone have any inkling what we're doing here? Not that I have anywhere else to go or anything else to do... he says with a shrug and a chuckle.

Dark Archive

CN Sylph Unc. Summoner 1; Init +3; AC 15, t13, ff12; hp 8; Fort -1, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs. air or electricity effects and electricity dmg, +2 racial vs. ench and div. spells, +2 vs. shadow spells and effects; spd 30 ft.

Thin woman with grayish skin and dark, curly hair peeking under her hood sneaks closer and listens the discussion. Under her silk cloak she has leather lamellar armor. Her shadow seems to weirdly move even when she stays still. "Greetings, I'm Navatsiyk. You too are looking for Captain Valsin? Is he late from meeting?" she asks

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

The crew is busy finishing loading the cargo but one of them takes a moment to stop and nods to you.

"Aye, he's late. Our Cap'n instructed us to alert her when he made his appearance. Beyond that, I've no more to share, me apologies..."

He's shows a surprised expression at Ekidan's showing his gadgets.

"Those there look like a worthy investment for our crew, methinks!"

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
soulnova wrote:

The crew is busy finishing loading the cargo but one of them takes a moment to stop and nods to you.

"Aye, he's late. Our Cap'n instructed us to alert her when he made his appearance. Beyond that, I've no more to share, me apologies..."

He's shows a surprised expression at Ekidan's showing his gadgets.

"Those there look like a worthy investment for our crew, methinks!"

"Yeah they can be a real life saver in the event of a sudden change in the ship's ballast if you catch my meaning."

Looking at the other agents Ekadan remarks, "Huh not a one of us is the same as the other. Must've been 'Mix and Match' day at the Grand Lodge."

Grand Lodge

male dhampir sorc(crossblooded)1, HP 10, AC/TFF 11/11/10, F +1, R +1, W +2, Initi +1, Perc +3

Well, variety is the spice of life...or so the saying goes. And it is a good thing we have varying skillsets...allows us to overcome different challenges...


A middle aged half orc wearing loose trackers robes with a small pack and walking stick at his side. His face is presents a frown to the group. A wolf like fur vest rest on his chest with his brownish hair with various stains of dirt. He looks at the odd groups putting together as society members. “I am Falling Boulder. I was told to meet with Venture Captain Valsin.” The half orc speaks very direct and matter of fact with his words

Grand Lodge

Male LN vanara unchained monk (lifting hand) 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 20 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4| Init: +5 | Perc: +8 (low-light), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft. | 0 Reroll | Active conditions: None

"And spice is the spice of our proprietary chanko nabe recipe at the inn where I work when I'm not off adventuring. It's called the Salty Ring, and it's... near the Ivy District. You should all stop by once this is over."

Liberty's Edge

#??-?? XXXXXX Female N Elf Slayer 1 / Rogue (unch.) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 20 T 16 FF 14 (+4 vs. AoO) | CMB +2 CMD 18 | F: +2 R: +10 W: +1 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (low-light, trap spotter 10') | SM +5 | Speed 30ft

Rosla briefly introduces herself to the newly arriving Pathfinders, then addresses Nisek:

"You work at an inn? Interesting... well, does the Salty Ring stock old elven wine? If yes then I'll definitely stop by after this mission!"

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
Daegon Marketti wrote:
Well, variety is the spice of life...or so the saying goes. And it is a good thing we have varying skillsets...allows us to overcome different challenges...

"I like spicy foods. And it's good that you're getting out to get some sun, you're pretty pale."

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
GM DocHoliday45 wrote:
A middle aged half orc wearing loose trackers robes with a small pack and walking stick at his side. His face is presents a frown to the group. A wolf like fur vest rest on his chest with his brownish hair with various stains of dirt. He looks at the odd groups putting together as society members. “I am Falling Boulder. I was told to meet with Venture Captain Valsin.” The half orc speaks very direct and matter of fact with his words

"Falling Boulder? Interesting name"

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
Nisek Sarmachin wrote:
"And spice is the spice of our proprietary chanko nabe recipe at the inn where I work when I'm not off adventuring. It's called the Salty Ring, and it's... near the Ivy District. You should all stop by once this is over."

"Do we get cheap drinks? If so I'm in!"

Turning to Rosla, Ekadan says, "Old elven wine? Why you don't look a day over 50!" and then guffaws, nudging Nisek to join in the joke.

Dark Archive

Male Half Orc Druid 1

Falling Boulder looks at the loud individual with confusion. “It’s my name. My tribe looked for signs when decided names. My parents witnessed a boulder roll off the side of the mountain” He speaks very matter of factly on the subject.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

It's at this time when the Drake’s captain, a Varisian woman and fellow Pathfinder named Zarah Zendrani, comes out to the helm of her vessel. “It’s not like Valsin to be late,” she mutters, furrowing her brow.

As if on cue, a tall and meticulously groomed man pushes his way through the crowd and up the gangplank, cursing audibly. “Whoever supervises this mess of a port needs to be dumped in the sea!” he grumbles.

The tall man looks around at those gathered before him. “Just the group I requested. Perfect. I’m Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, and I took great care in selecting just the right Pathfinders for this assignment.”

Seeing as he's quitey late, Valsin starts to explain their mission right away. He reaches into his belt pouch and withdraws a small, folded paper before continuing.

“A few days ago, I received a curious note from a rather unexpected source. It’s not every day that I get a request from an agent of the Aspis Consortium.” Captain Zendrani’s eyes widen, and Valsin smiles knowingly. “But Magali Delroya does not appear to be your typical Aspis agent. As you surely know, the Aspis Consortium pursues a variety of activities across the Inner Sea that the Pathfinder Society finds abhorrent. It seems that Delroya has been working with them for some time, but can no longer stomach the snakes herself. She wants to stop a shipment of an experimental drug from leaving Diobel later this week. It’s bound for a number of locations across the Inner Sea region. According to Delroya, she can’t ask the local authorities for help because the Aspis Consortium has already struck a deal with a faction of the Kortos Consortium, a powerful merchant collective. Her hands are tied, so she’s come to us for help. In this note, she outlines three different tasks that would help to disrupt the Aspis long enough for her to move the shipment to a secure location, out of the clutches of the consortium. Once you accomplish two of these tasks, she’s willing to meet with you, but not before.

“Normally, I wouldn’t trust an Aspis agent at any hour of the day. But our sources in Diobel have confirmed the Aspis and Kortos consortia’s activities. Everything checks out, so we are presented with a unique opportunity. If we help Delroya, we might not only strike a financial blow against the Aspis Consortium, but we could also reveal their dealings with the Kortos Consortium—and possibly prevent their arrangement from turning into a more formal alliance. Furthermore, we hope to stop this drug from spreading across the Inner Sea region, and if we—if all of you—do a good enough job, we might even convince Delroya to join the Society. A turncoat agent would be a valuable asset in our ongoing run-ins with the Aspis Consortium.

“Take some time to look over Delroya’s note and the tasks she has set for you. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask. Remember, the Aspis Consortium is a long-time enemy of the society, but the Kortos Consortium, while certainly suspicious, is not our enemy. It is a complex organization with many factions, and we should avoid antagonizing any of them, except when necessary to oppose the Aspis Consortium.”

Please check slide 5 for two Handouts.

You may roll Knowledge Local for the Kortos Consortium (characters who are from Kortos may roll untrained)

Knowledge Local for the Kortos Consortium

10+:

Spoiler:
There is no formal alliance between the Kortos Consortium and Aspis Consortium, and the two groups are likely working together in a limited capacity—at least for the time being.

15+:
Spoiler:
Although the Aspis Consortium seems to have an agreement with part of the Kortos Consortium, neither group is centralized enough for such an arrangement to be very stable. Causing a major disruption in their operation would very likely sever ties between the two groups.

20+:
Spoiler:
House Locosta, the faction allied with the Aspis Consortium, claims that its major interest is in Qadiran spices, but the family derives most of its profit from buying and selling Qadiran slaves.

Grand Lodge

male dhampir sorc(crossblooded)1, HP 10, AC/TFF 11/11/10, F +1, R +1, W +2, Initi +1, Perc +3

Daegon chuckles after the burly warrior mentions his tone.

Yes...sun isn't the kindest to others of my kind from what I gather...at least that is what i have found out, since I haven't met any of my kind before. Not many of my kind where I'm from. At least I can see in the light and not be blinded by it...

Seeing Valsin finally appear he stands up straighter.

My mentor Rallas told me that the Aspis aren't to be trusted, but I suppose there are extenuating circumstances here. So, we operate on the assumption this isn't a trap then..but be wary, yes?

dont have the requisite skill for a roll...sorcs aren't skill monkeys...lol

Grand Lodge

Male LN vanara unchained monk (lifting hand) 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 20 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4| Init: +5 | Perc: +8 (low-light), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft. | 0 Reroll | Active conditions: None
soulnova wrote:
The tall man looks around at those gathered before him. “Just the group I requested. Perfect. I’m Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, and I took great care in selecting just the right Pathfinders for this assignment.”

This usually means "whoever is not busy at the moment".

"Going after the Consortium and the Consortium? Tricky. Especially when you've taken as many headshots as I have. Just point me at the bad guys and I'll do fine."


Falling Boulder frowns. “And if this is an elaborate trap to take out a rival to their consortium. What should we do?”

Grand Lodge

male dhampir sorc(crossblooded)1, HP 10, AC/TFF 11/11/10, F +1, R +1, W +2, Initi +1, Perc +3

Daegon ponders the druid's words, tapping his walking stick on the dock as he does.

I would think we choose the lesser of two evils, should we be faced with that option. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? It might be distasteful, but we must weigh the results for the greater good... he muses as he mills about.


Falling Boulder gives a nod. “When the fox asks the rabbit to dinner, the rabbit should ask what’s on the menu? We should be cautious.”

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human
Daegon Marketti wrote:


My mentor Rallas told me that the Aspis aren't to be trusted, but I suppose there are extenuating circumstances here. So, we operate on the assumption this isn't a trap then..but be wary, yes?

"Indeed. The Aspis Consortium is a ruthless mercantile organization. While some of its operations are aboveboard, at the end of the day, profit is its only concern. It considers no business venture off limits, from the trafficking of slaves to war profiteering. The consortium storms through priceless historical sites, caring only for how it can translate their history into wealth," he says with a hint of disgust.

“The Kortos Consortium pretends to be a legitimate merchant guild dedicated to stamping out smugglers, but it participates in its fair share of illegal activities. It is powerful enough to rival Diobel’s teriarch, or governor, Lord Avid. A fair number of prominent people in Diobel are in the Kortos Consortium’s pockets, or are prominent members of the guild themselves. If possible, try not to get on the group’s bad side. They've done nothing to oppose the Society so far, and I'd like to keep it that way."

“Diobel is often called the ‘Doorway to Absalom.’ Shipments to and from Absalom often go through Diobel, which has lower taxes than Absalom. Trade with Diobel is an important part of Absalom’s economy—which is why we must tread lightly around the Kortos Consortium, given their influence in Diobel.”

Quote:


Falling Boulder frowns. “And if this is an elaborate trap to take out a rival to their consortium. What should we do?”

“In other circumstances I wouldn't doubt this was a trap but I met Magali several years ago, when she was barely a grown woman. It must have been just before she joined the Aspis Consortium. She’s a wanderer, never comfortable in one place for long. I saw great potential in her as a Pathfinder, but she always preferred to work alone and felt that the society was a poor fit. Had I known that she would wind up with the Aspis Consortium, I would have put more effort into recruiting her. Her reaching out like this means she hasn't forgotten of the offer I made her...”

If someone asks if you should try to do all three of Magali’s tasks the venture-captain shakes his head. “I agree with Magali’s judgment on this matter. It doesn’t mean much if you succeed at all three tasks and fail your overall mission. Pick two of these, and see them through.”

"Anything else?"


“And if this Magali does betray us. Should we kill her or capture her?”

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

He's clearly uncomfortable with the thought but sighs. "I hope it doesn't come down to that. Capturing her might be preferable if the need arises."

"Pathfinders," Valsin reminds them. "Time is of the essence. By the time you reach Diobel, your window of opportunity will be narrow, perhaps a mere day or two."

"I suggest you to gather any supplies you might need from the merchants on the docks here, make any necessary preparations, and steel yourselves for the journey ahead," Valsin advises.

In short, you are headed to Diobel to accomplish two of the three tasks Magali mentions in her letter. There might be a chance to buy last minute equipment over there. I'll wait to get a confirmation that you are good to go before moving on.

Dark Archive

CN Sylph Unc. Summoner 1; Init +3; AC 15, t13, ff12; hp 8; Fort -1, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs. air or electricity effects and electricity dmg, +2 racial vs. ench and div. spells, +2 vs. shadow spells and effects; spd 30 ft.

Sylph woman is looking through the letters. "Maybe we should try to find this drug lab and disrupt meeting of these agents in this tavern. Shouldn't be too hard, right?"
Buy one potion of cure light wounds. Then ready to go


“I agree. The labs and the meeting should take priority.” Buying nothing. Ready to go

Grand Lodge

male dhampir sorc(crossblooded)1, HP 10, AC/TFF 11/11/10, F +1, R +1, W +2, Initi +1, Perc +3

Sounds like a plan to me...i'm good to go...

Liberty's Edge

#??-?? XXXXXX Female N Elf Slayer 1 / Rogue (unch.) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 20 T 16 FF 14 (+4 vs. AoO) | CMB +2 CMD 18 | F: +2 R: +10 W: +1 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (low-light, trap spotter 10') | SM +5 | Speed 30ft

"Looks can be deceiving, Ekadan."

Rosla does not share the barbarian's kind of humor, it seems...

---

Knowledge: Local t: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

LOL. Well, it's good to get the nat 1 out of the way...

"Navatsiyk is corect. I think these are the tasks most fitting for us."

I'm also good to go. Shopping will be posted in discussion soon.

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
Navatsiyk wrote:

Sylph woman is looking through the letters. "Maybe we should try to find this drug lab and disrupt meeting of these agents in this tavern. Shouldn't be too hard, right?"

Buy one potion of cure light wounds. Then ready to go

"Yeah I can't sneak anywhere so stealing those documents is out of my league. Starting an incident in a bar and trudging through filthy sewers to smack the crap out of a drug dealer? Hammer time!"

@GM: I'll double check but I think I bought everything Ekadan needs with you already. I should have that done this evening.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Nisek can post any last minute shopping as a flashback.

Once you have finished your preparations, you immediately set sail.

The trip takes the rest of the afternoon and the whole night, thankfully uneventful. You arrive at dawn, as the sun begins to crest over the horizon, casting a golden glow across the bustling port of Diobel. The party's ship glides smoothly into the 'harbor'. Captain Zendrani and the crew of the sleek Sixwing Drake steer the ship up to the massive barrier of broken war-barges, crumbling walls, and jetties of iron and wood that protect the port of Diobel.

“Well, here we are,” says the captain. “I’ll make sure everything is in order with Diobel’s inspectors and charter you a barge to the port. You aren’t carrying anything particularly valuable, so you shouldn’t draw much attention from the inspectors or pilots, so long as you don’t run your mouth. My crew and I will wait here with the ship. You can return here to rest, if you need to, but remember—there isn’t much time.”

"This maze of broken ships was originally dragged into Diobel's harbor to defend against seaborne attacks. Only the barges here are capable of getting to the port proper," she explains.

She asks you to wait for her signal, and goes down to talk with one of the old barge captains nearby. After a small exchange, she discreetly passes him some coin and then waves at you to come quickly.

"This is Markus Karbie. I asked him to take you to port and stick around on shore for the day in case you need to come back in a hurry."

Markus is a stocky middle-aged man with weather-beaten skin and calloused hands. He won't talk much on your trip to the city docks. No one seems to be paying you much attention. Just another set of merchant or adventurers passing through...

For the completion of this mission you will have to manage your time. The day will be split into three sections: dawn/noon/dusk. Assume that completing each task will take a section of the timer. For reference, I have added a map of Diobel to slide 6. None of the current tasks are marked there but it’s just to give you a general an idea of the area. The Sixwing Drake will remain at the number 5 and both tasks you have picked would be located somewhere in the district around numbers 13 and 15. Magali mentions in her notes that the meeting will take place at noon at a tavern. What do you want to do first?

Current time: “Dawn of Oathday”


Falling Boulder will look to his party members. “So we should hit the drug lab then?”

Liberty's Edge

#??-?? XXXXXX Female N Elf Slayer 1 / Rogue (unch.) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 20 T 16 FF 14 (+4 vs. AoO) | CMB +2 CMD 18 | F: +2 R: +10 W: +1 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (low-light, trap spotter 10') | SM +5 | Speed 30ft

“Agreed. We need to find it first, though. We have time until noon, then we should find this tavern and have 'lunch'.”

Grand Lodge

Male LN vanara unchained monk (lifting hand) 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 20 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +4| Init: +5 | Perc: +8 (low-light), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft. | 0 Reroll | Active conditions: None

No shopping.

"Let's see what we can find out about this drug lab." He heads to the relevant part of town with the Pathfinders. Everyone else can handle the asking around, but he needs to focus on searching for clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
Nisek Sarmachin wrote:

No shopping.

"Let's see what we can find out about this drug lab." He heads to the relevant part of town with the Pathfinders. Everyone else can handle the asking around, but he needs to focus on searching for clues.

[dice="Perception"]1d20+8

Ekadan hangs around Nisek to keep an eye out for him.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

You set out to secure proof of the Aspis Consortium’s alchemical tests in Diobel by venturing beneath the streets of the Bristles District and into the city’s underbelly in the morning./

With some asking around and Delroya’s directions you don't take long to find the isolated alley in the Bristles, and then go down into the sewers beneath Diobel. The stench of sewage mixes with the sharper odors of chemical fumes and decay and permeates the damp tunnels. From this intersection, tunnels lead west and south into the darkness. A third tunnel heading east is filled with detritus, filthy beddings, food scraps,broken glass, and rotting furniture. An alcove lies beyond a collapsed portion of the tunnel’s southern wall, and further east,a statue of a giant rat rests in the dead-end passage. Countless empty flasks and discarded alchemical ingredients lie on the floor around the statue. On a nearby workbench sit several organized but empty flasks and jars.

You can see two almost feverish people lying on the dirty beds close to the entrance of the alcove. You hear some additional groaning inside, assuming there are at least a couple of more people in there.

DC 18 Knowledge (religion) check

Spoiler:
You recognize that the statue of a rat depicts Hanspur, a lesser-known deity of waterways and smugglers.

The sludge here is not deep, just 2 feet, but it looks and smells disgusting. Anyone stepping or touching the sewage must make a Fort DC 12 or be sickened until they wash it off. If you wish to jump across over the sludge it’s an Acrobatics DC10, otherwise you’ll need to walk your way around.
Please place yourselves in the map of slide 7. Everyone may roll perception but must state in what area or who they are searching.

Grand Lodge

male dhampir sorc(crossblooded)1, HP 10, AC/TFF 11/11/10, F +1, R +1, W +2, Initi +1, Perc +3

Aye...let's see what we can find out... Daegon goes about asking the locals for any tidbits of info.

diplo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Dark Archive

Male Half Orc Druid 1

Falling Boulder would like to check on the feverish individuals. May I roll a heal check to determine what ills them?

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Yes, you can roll Heal or a similar Profession skill. I'll have you both check on the first individual without having to cross/jump the sewage.


Heal 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
soulnova wrote:


The sludge here is not deep, just 2 feet, but it looks and smells disgusting. Anyone stepping or touching the sewage must make a Fort DC 12 or be sickened until they wash it off. If you wish to jump across over the sludge it’s an Acrobatics DC10, otherwise you’ll need to walk your way around.
Please place yourselves in the map of slide 7. Everyone may roll perception but must state in what area or who they are searching.

Looking at the map I'm guessing the dark green 'channel' in the hallways are the sludge? And is this a situation where we can take 10 on Acrobatics since we aren't in combat? (Yet!)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Ekadan keeps watch for anything approaching the group particularly Falling Boulder since he's close to the sickened people.

@Players: I moved our tokens into the yellow square but feel free to adjust your positions. I have Nisek and Rosla up front with Ekadan and everyone else in the 2nd row.

Liberty's Edge

#??-?? XXXXXX Female N Elf Slayer 1 / Rogue (unch.) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 20 T 16 FF 14 (+4 vs. AoO) | CMB +2 CMD 18 | F: +2 R: +10 W: +1 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (low-light, trap spotter 10') | SM +5 | Speed 30ft
Ekadan Joshi wrote:
@Players: I moved our tokens into the yellow square but feel free to adjust your positions. I have Nisek and Rosla up front with Ekadan and everyone else in the 2nd row.

Works for me.

Acrobatics - ACP: 1d20 + 9 - 0 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 0 = 14

Rosla sprints away from the group and easily jumps over the sewage. She then takes a long a look into the alcove.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (+1 vs traps)

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human

Falling Boulder is not sure what sickness they might be suffering, but they are certainly NOT healthy. At the very least, they look half starving and can barely speak.

Ekadan stays close to FB, making sure there are no enemies waiting for an ambush. He does notice a slight buzzing coming from the pipe close to the rat statue. It doesn't sound particularly aggressive or approaching.

Rosla moves over the sludge with ease. The other woman near the entrance of the alcove is almost the same state as the one Falling Boulder checked. She reaches a hand to her. "Laz-...lo?" she mumbles before going back to her delirious whimpering.

Inside the alcove, are another man and a woman. The place is a mess, full with garbage and filth. They've been here for a few days at least. The woman further back raises her hand to her mumbling something like "just a bit more"... but can't properly articulate. The movement makes something on the pocket of her dirty coat clinks against the floor and broken furniture around her. Do you want to get close to search her pockets?

What does the rest of you do?

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
soulnova wrote:


What does the rest of you do?

For Ekadan that depends on the answer to the questions I posted earlier.

Liberty's Edge

She/Her Human
Ekadan Joshi wrote:
soulnova wrote:


What does the rest of you do?

For Ekadan that depends on the answer to the questions I posted earlier.

Other than the buzzing he noticed from that pipe, no sign of anything else approaching them. Taking 10 or even 20 is within the possibilities here.

Grand Lodge

N Human Male Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 / 12 T / 14 FF | CMD 17 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 0 (+ 2 vs. mind-affecting effects) Init + 2 | Perception + 4 | Speed 40' ft. | Conditions: None | Effects: +2 Fort save, - 2 to AC, +2 to Will saves (Rage)| Rage: 7 / 9 | HP = 15
soulnova wrote:
Ekadan Joshi wrote:
soulnova wrote:


What does the rest of you do?

For Ekadan that depends on the answer to the questions I posted earlier.

Other than the buzzing he noticed from that pipe, no sign of anything else approaching them. Taking 10 or even 20 is within the possibilities here.

And on the map is the darker green areas on the map (look like channels down the middle of the halls) the sludge?

He gestures to the others, "Buzzing." and indicates the pipe where he hears the noise.

Dark Archive

CN Sylph Unc. Summoner 1; Init +3; AC 15, t13, ff12; hp 8; Fort -1, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs. air or electricity effects and electricity dmg, +2 racial vs. ench and div. spells, +2 vs. shadow spells and effects; spd 30 ft.

Disgusted by filth, Navatsiyk treads carefully hugging wall at first, but then jumps to the other side and searches woman's pockets while looking around the room she's in.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6

1 to 50 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost VII] GM Soulnova's 7-10 The Consortium Compact All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.