GM Thunderspirit's "Fistful of Flowers" for PbP Gameday XII — Gameplay (Inactive)

Game Master thunderspirit

Google Slides


151 to 200 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Popcorn drops Orange after multiple swings, and the construct fragments into multiple jasmine-scented chunks on the floor! Meanwhile, Fluff Fang and Slo Poke combine to finish do the same destruction to Yellow!

Out of combat, but still in initiative in case someone wants to do something with the unconscious, dying 1 Darius Wick. If not, I'll drop us out and move back to Exploration mode.

Round 3
Bamboom (-17) — GO
Darius (-47) — dying 1
Reaching Rings — pending
Floating candles
Popcorn (-6) — pending
Fluff Fang — pending
Slo Poke — pending


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

All falls silent, and soon the only sound heard is the pot of melted wax gently bubbling.

Satisfied they have thwarted the nefarious schemes of Darius Wick, whatever they were, the leshy legion steps carefully around the now-deceased candlemaker, flush with victory but no closer to solving the mystery. A quick search of the workroom yields no additional clues.

Two other doors lead out of this room, one further south along the east wall and the other in the northwest corner.


HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

Bamboom shrugs as he looks at the others. Then, one door being much as good as the other -- and certain that this is no yellow wood and that he would in fact be able to try both -- he heads for the one further to the south.

1d2 ⇒ 2


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Moved Bamboom's token.

Bamboom is confident there's nothing to fear from the door, so he opens it.

The fine furnishings and imported Qadiran carpet in this bedroom are marred by soot and wax stains. On the wall with the door sits a disheveled desk, and at the foot of the bed is an ornate trunk.


He/Him | N cactus leshy gunslinger 3 | hp 38/38; Hero Points 1/3 | AC 20; F+8E R+11E W+8E (+1 vs. emotion, save vs. emotion -> crit) | Perception +8E; low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"Welp" slowpoke says, slowly moseying over to the ornate trunk. "One o' y'all check the desk, I'll check the chest." He attempts to open the chest.

If it's locked:
He draws his pistol and attempts to shoot the lock out.

Attack vs. DC to pick the lock: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


CN female leshy barbarian 3 | HP 53/53 | AC 20/19 when raging | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (low-light) | Stealth +1 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Popcorn goes to the desk and starts opening drawers.


HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

Bamboom rips all the covers off the bed! That'll teach them to mess with us!


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

LOL @ Bamboom

While the kineticist decides to dismantle a rather tidily-made bed, Sol Poke digs though the unlocked trunk to find four identical sets of green and yellow clothing that matches Wick's outfit.

Popcorn's investigation of the desk yields a shipping manifest, with meticulous descriptions fo crystals, candles, and alchemical concoctions.

DC 15 Perception while near the desk:
One entry in the manifest catches your eyet: a recent order for "house plants — lavender" made by one Lady Constance Meliosa, delivered by hand just two days ago to her manor in the nearby town of Rosentry. The order is intended to be a centerpiece for an upcoming gala hosted in the Meliosa estate's garden tomorrow. The notes specify "afternoon tea" but don't indicate when that might be. A Society check may reveal the answer, however.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

Perception (trained): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Look! This fleshy lady ordered lavendar!" Bamboom exclaims with an accusatory point at the manifest.

Society (untrained): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

"It looks like it's planned for first thing in the morning, so we better go now!"


”Fluff Fang” | CG Small Leshy Bard 3 | HP 13/35 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 (Lowlight) | Speed 25ft |

Fluff Fang nods "Let's hurry.'


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

The group settles in for the evening, setting out before dawn to make the trek to the town of Rosentry and locate Meliosa Manor, trying to arrive first thing in the morning. Rosentry is a few miles down the road from Petalbrook and no more than an hour's journey by leshy feet.

The contrast between Petalbrook and Rosentry is stark. Where the former is a work-a-day collection of common folk filling the streets, Rosentry is a nobility seasonal destination that displays none of the bustle a town might have. The streets appear vacant except for an occasional, ornate carriage with drawn curtains and a driver that does not acknowledge your presence. The buildings here are large and sit behind gates and walls, each a fair distance from the other.

DC 15 Nature:
You notice that there are no insects buzzing about in the air, and even burrowing rodents are nowhere to be seen. None of the curated plants you can see are native to Taldor, and even the few songbirds you witness only stay a short while before moving on elsewhere.

The numbers on each gate are clearly marked, so it isn't difficult to find Meliosa Manor — a cookie-cutter estate wholly unremarkable from those around it, save for its number.

No one comes to answer your rap at the gate. You can see a handful of tables set on the front lawn, but nothing appears to be on them, nor anyone about. For a party beginning first thing in the morning, this appears to be a complete dud.


Non-binary Leshy Rogue 3 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Fort: +7 Ref: +11 Will: +9 (+1 vs emotion) | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: ?

Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"Hmm it seems quiet. Toooo quiet. No bugs or anything. These plants aren't even from here. These people don't give two darns about sustainable gardening."


Non-binary Leshy Rogue 3 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Fort: +7 Ref: +11 Will: +9 (+1 vs emotion) | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: ?

Society: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Wait a second... didn't you say this was for an "afternoon tea"? Wouldn't that be in the afternoon?"


HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

"That's just what they want you to think!" Bamboom retorts. "Look at how unnatural this place is. I'm sure they do afternoon tea would be first thing in the morning!"

He looks around.

"No one's here. Let's sneak in!"


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Reaching Rings:
Reaching Rings knows that "afternoon tea" is typically helps in the, well, afternoon, around 3 p.m. or so.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Non-binary Leshy Rogue 3 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Fort: +7 Ref: +11 Will: +9 (+1 vs emotion) | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: ?

"I have lived among them. I have supped of the afternoon tea. I have been disgusted by the cucumber sandwiches. It is usually held in the mid afternoon."


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Reaching Rings attempts to clear the air on when afternoon tea is celebrated, and his insight may be a reason why no one can be seen mingling among the tables.

Bamboom appears unconvinced, however.

What's the plan, Leshy Legion?


”Fluff Fang” | CG Small Leshy Bard 3 | HP 13/35 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 (Lowlight) | Speed 25ft |

Fluff Fang seems puzzled.

"Is there a kitchen or something to search further?"


Non-binary Leshy Rogue 3 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Fort: +7 Ref: +11 Will: +9 (+1 vs emotion) | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: ?

"I have no problem with breaking in and having a look around. Or do we wait for the event and turn up on time?"


CN female leshy barbarian 3 | HP 53/53 | AC 20/19 when raging | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (low-light) | Stealth +1 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Popcorn bangs her flail on the ground. "No waiting! Let's go in now!"


Non-binary Leshy Rogue 3 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Fort: +7 Ref: +11 Will: +9 (+1 vs emotion) | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: ?

"Let's start moving some chairs around to the back of the property. Pretend we are workers hired for the event if we get caught. Should let us see if anyone is around and check for a back entrance."


HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

"I can grow a tree we can climb to get over the stupid wall!" Bamboom says. He's not sure about the plan to appear like workers, but it's worth a try. If it fails, he'll just take care of whoever's causing problems anyway. Which is what he would do if he didn't have to play pretend with chairs.


He/Him | N cactus leshy gunslinger 3 | hp 38/38; Hero Points 1/3 | AC 20; F+8E R+11E W+8E (+1 vs. emotion, save vs. emotion -> crit) | Perception +8E; low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

Slo looks around the party, as if doubtful there's any chance of successfully pulling off this deception. He shrugs and says "All right, let's try."


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides
Popcorn the Leshy wrote:
Popcorn bangs her flail on the ground. "No waiting! Let's go in now!"

Hero point to Popcorn, because the GM is still laughing out loud.

The appropriately ostentatious wrought iron gate gives way on either side to an equally pretentious wrought iron fence with a thick privet hedge on the manor side. It wraps all the way around the suitably spacious property, with a smaller, yet still appropriately ostentatious wrought iron gate facing the rear of the manor. Servants can be seen shuttling in and out of the small door at the back of the building inside the gate/fence.

Options for access:
Try to climb over the fence (Athletics)
Try to squeeze through the fence and hedge (Acrobatics)
Try to pick the lock in either gate (Thievery)
Creative solution (the tree idea from Bamboom and the cosplay idea from Reaching Rings both certainly qualify)


”Fluff Fang” | CG Small Leshy Bard 3 | HP 13/35 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 (Lowlight) | Speed 25ft |

Fluff Fang grins, "I'll set up us to go in the back."

I have Lion Blade Dedication and never take circumstance penalties for attempting to take a disguise of a different ancestry, age, and so on, as long as the disguised form is Small.

"I'll set us up."

Deception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Non-binary Leshy Rogue 3 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Fort: +7 Ref: +11 Will: +9 (+1 vs emotion) | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: ?

Reaching Rings will scout ahead and try to ensure the group stays out of the line of sight as much as possible, avoiding any other servants or guards that might be around.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


He/Him | N cactus leshy gunslinger 3 | hp 38/38; Hero Points 1/3 | AC 20; F+8E R+11E W+8E (+1 vs. emotion, save vs. emotion -> crit) | Perception +8E; low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

Slo pulls out his pistol and begins to take aim at one of the locked gates. As a servant walks by, however, he pauses. Perhaps making that much noise is a bad idea. Instead, he tries to squeeze through between the fence and hedge.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


CN female leshy barbarian 3 | HP 53/53 | AC 20/19 when raging | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (low-light) | Stealth +1 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Popcorn finds a tray or plate and then makes quick work of foraging some berries and herbs to make tiny canapes. She holds the try above her so she can't be seen easily.

Crafting food: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Fluff Fang hastily makes everyone look like a collection of verdant halflings, and not at all like poorly disguised leshys.

Slo Poke bustles through the hedgerow (don't be alarmed now) while Bamboom creates a native tree that looks suspiciously out of place among the other growths here, but it's enough to get the rest of the party over the gate. Popcorn's creative canapes look both tasty and professional.

Several of the servants raise an eyebrow — or two — at the new arrivals, but before they can bring it to anyone's attention, a commanding halfling chef storms out of the back door.

MAKE SURE THOSE TRAYS ARE FULL OF SWEETMEATS BEFORE YOU SERVE THEM!
THAT CRAB IS SO UNDERCOOKED IT'S STILL SINGING SONGS!
THIS ISN'T A PUDDING, IT'S A MISTAKE, A TALDAN TRAGEDY!

Turning to the leshys green halflings, he bellows, WHAT ARE YOU LOT STANDING ABOUT FOR? GET THOSE CANAPES TO THE KITCHEN FOR PROPER GARNISHING! NOT SURE I WANT YOU SERVING ANYTHING, YOUR PALLOR WILL MAKE THESE DREADFUL PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE ABOUT TO VOMIT!


HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

Oh, no. It's Gordon Sheepsey! Also, LOL!

If Bamboom had teeth, he would definitely grit them as he resisted the urge to kill this foul fleshy, or at least bark back at him. Instead he just nods, ducking his head as he heads for the kitchen. Once inside, they can stop this awful pretending and start looking for their friends.


CN female leshy barbarian 3 | HP 53/53 | AC 20/19 when raging | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (low-light) | Stealth +1 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Popcorn keeps the tray above her head and follows Bamboom to the kitchen, glaring at the rude chef.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Swept into the kitchen, the disguised leshys find themselves under the watchful direction of Chef Rordon Gamsey and unable to escape for a good four hour stretch.

During this time, Popcorn swings back and forth between irritation at the chef's bombast (MY GRAN COULD DO BETTER THAN THIS, AND SHE'S DEAD!) and her fascination with learning to make other hors-d'oeuvres — a lovely olive tapenade, some mushroom pate, and a marvelous bruschetta she commits to memory to share when they get back home. Fluff Fang learns a jaunty tune that helps pass the time when working in a kitchen, and also discovers that swearing is industry language. Bamboom steadfastly refuses to sample any of the food, seeing as it's tainted by the touch of fleshys, but Slo Poke and Reaching Rings are only too happy to have a taste when Gamsey isn't looking at them for a moment.

As the grandparent clock in the main hall chimes 1 p.m., the kitchen help is released and the leshys, still in various stage of disguise, find themselves back outside the kitchen door while other servants scurry about, bringing chairs and table settings to the garden tables.


HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

Bamboom can barely contain his own rage at the mass murder of innocent vegetables! Each one seems like more of an insult than the last! Why are they not making something from dead cows, or dead pigs, or dead fish, or any other dead fleshy! He steals glances at the halfling, considering what kind of dish he would make!

Once released, he makes his way around, looking for whatever a centerpiece may be? Surely that would be on the edges of the ground?


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

GM stuff:
Perception: 5d20 ⇒ (19, 12, 2, 18, 15) = 66

A little searching about the grounds, and the leshy legion spot their long-lost missing leshy friends mounted and tied uncomfortably in stuffy, formal floral displays that drape over the sides of the table on which they sit. Each has a mouth stuffed with fabric so they can't speak.

Popcorn is too preoccupied finishing off the last of the bruschetta she snuck out to notice, but the remaining notice a quartet of other leshys lurking among the foliage about the table settings. They resemble the topiaries they sit among, but are distinct.

Also, decidedly hostile to your presence.

init rolls:
Bamboom init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Fluff Fang init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Meliosa's leshies: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Popcorn init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Reaching Rings init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Slo Poke init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

All foes start their turn undetected by Popcorn.

The nearest, crawling forth from honeysuckle vines, makes its way ◈ toward Reaching Rings!

sweet, sweet punch 1 vs. AC 20 ◈: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 MISS
sweet, sweet punch 2 vs. AC 20 ◈: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 = 14 MISS

Behind the honeysuckle comes a lovely purple-haired leshy from the wisteria bushes, which moves into the fray ◈◈ and also takes a swing at Reaching Rings!

purple punch vs. AC 20 ◈: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 MISS

On the other side, one resembling the bamboo shoots it sits amongst, steps forward ◈ and bends waaaay back ◈, then lashes out at Popcorn from a fair distance away!

bamboo shoots vs. flat footed AC 18 ◈: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 MISS

And from the far corner comes an oversized mint leaf, larger than the others, shuffling up ◈◈ to get a piece of Popcorn as well!

mint julep vs. flat footed AC 18 ◈: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 CRIT
bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (1) + 4 = 13

Lady Constance! the mint leshy cries out. Lady Constance! Your party is being crashed!

Round 1
Hostile leshys — nasty plantses
Reaching Rings — GO
Slo Poke — GO
Fluff Fang — GO
Bamboom — GO
Popcorn (-13) — GO

Foes are no longer undetected by Popcorn.


CN female leshy barbarian 3 | HP 53/53 | AC 20/19 when raging | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (low-light) | Stealth +1 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"AAAGGGGGHHHHHHH! HOW CAN YOU TURN AGAINST LESHYKIND?"

Popcorn gets very med. Then, she pulls out her flail and smacks the mint leshy with it.

war flail!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
ouch!: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 (bludgeoning, disarm, sweep, trip)
Plus 4 fire (arcane, evocation)


HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

Bambooms eyes widen as their fellow leshies turn on them. They've been corrupted by the sins of the flesh! He snarls as bamboo splinters start to whirl around him, lashing out at his stalk-ing bamboo counterpart. He sends another hail of splinters toward the same foe, then coalesces the wood around him to form an impervious shell!

Gather elements including free Kinetic blast, Kinetic Blast, Hardwood Armor (one action)
Kinetic Blast, ranged (30 feet): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
bludgeoning, one action: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Kinetic Blast, ranged (30 feet), iterative: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 5 = 16
bludgeoning, one action: 1d8 ⇒ 3

It looks like they're between us and our friends. If so, I'll stick with this action. If not, I'll skip my second Strike and Stride toward the captives so I can free them


He/Him | N cactus leshy gunslinger 3 | hp 38/38; Hero Points 1/3 | AC 20; F+8E R+11E W+8E (+1 vs. emotion, save vs. emotion -> crit) | Perception +8E; low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

In stark contrast to his name, Slo Poke darts quickly to the side, his pistol appearing, twirling, in his hand as he fires off a quick shot at the nearest leshy. He glares at them as he quickly reloads, as if daring them not to give up.

◇Interact to draw pistol (when rolling initiative)
◇Step 10 feet (Ten Paces), ◆Feint vs. farthest left (pink), ◆Strike vs. farthest left, ◆Raconteur's Reload (Reload and Intimidate to Demoralize).

Deception to Feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Pistol shot vs pink (flat-footed if deception was successful): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Crit damage if needed:
Fatal base damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fatal die: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Intimidation to Demoralize: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Non-binary Leshy Rogue 3 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Fort: +7 Ref: +11 Will: +9 (+1 vs emotion) | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: ?

Reaching Rings draws their rapier and moves into a flanking position, stabbing at the evil fleshy they are flanking.

Rapier vs flat footed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Piercing plus Precision: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (3) = 9


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Correct, Bamboom, the leshy foes are between you and the captives.

Going to wait for Fluff Fang, for reasons.


”Fluff Fang” | CG Small Leshy Bard 3 | HP 13/35 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 (Lowlight) | Speed 25ft |

Fluff Fang shouts out to their allies "You got this!" and then turns invisible.

Inspire Courage, cast Invisibility.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides
Pirate Pregen wrote:
Inspire Courage

And those are the exact reasons.

Popcorn's flail just misses hits its target! Clearly she is inspired! hit

Bamboom's first burst lands solidly hit, though his follow-up flies over its head! miss

Slo Poke's gambit catches the honeysuckle leshy off-guard! His shot sails wide just lands on the distracted foe! hit It's enough to spook the leshy badly, too, and a little sap leaks out beneath it! Demoralize crit success, now Frightened 2.

Reaching Rings takes advantage of positioning and lances the mint in its...well, where its kidney might be, I suppose! hit

Honeysuckle moves away ◈ from the frightening leshy with the cowboy hat and the loud gun and focuses on the somehow-less-scary raging leshy! This is perfectly reasonable and not at all incongruent!

sickly sweet punch 1 vs. AC 19 ◈: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 = 12 MISS
sickly sweet punch 2 vs. AC 19 ◈: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 4 - 2 = 23 HIT
bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Wisteria steps ◈ to cut Popcorn off from the table and takes a couple of swings itself!

wisteria (when you're near) 1 vs. AC 19 ◈: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 MISS
wisteria (when you're near) 2 vs. AC 19 ◈: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 4 = 8 MISS

Bamboo seems confused — Weren't there five of these intruders a few seconds ago...? — but nevertheless, bends waaaay back ◈ and lashes out at Popcorn again!

bamboo (not Bamboom) vs. AC 19 ◈: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 CRIT
bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (3) + 4 = 13

It then bends waaaay back ◈ again and appears to be waiting for something to trigger it!

Mint cals out again — Lady Constance! LADY CONSTANCE! — and moves to engulf Popcorn ◈◈. DC 18 Refl

fail that save? Oh, dear...:
You are pulled into the mint leshy's body. You are Grabbed, Slowed 1, and begin to suffocate.

Does the damage happen right away? I can't tell, because Paizo. If so:
bludgeoning: 1d6 ⇒ 5
and
poison: 1d6 ⇒ 5

At the second cry to her, a well-dressed woman comes hurrying out to the garden are. My party! Ruined! And what are you insolent things doing to my creations!? Picture of Lady Constance Meliosa on the map.

Round 2
Hostile leshys — nasty, NASTY plantses
Reaching Rings — GO
Slo Poke — GO
Fluff Fang — GO
Bamboom — GO
Popcorn (-45, maybe more) — GO

GM stuff:

Honeysuckle (-8, frightened 1)
Wisteria
Bamboo (-7, Coiled Opportunity ⤾)
Mint (-23)


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Update:

Round 2
Hostile leshys — nasty, NASTY plantses
Reaching Rings — GO
Slo Poke — GO
Fluff Fang — GO
Bamboom — GO
Popcorn (-45, maybe more)DC 18 Refl save, then GO

GM stuff:

Honeysuckle (-8, frightened 1)
Wisteria
Bamboo (-7, Coiled Opportunity ⤾)
Mint (-23)


CN female leshy barbarian 3 | HP 53/53 | AC 20/19 when raging | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (low-light) | Stealth +1 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

I think nothing happens on the success?

Very injured, Popcorn starts by whacking at the mean mint leshy.

war flail!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
ouch!: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (bludgeoning, disarm, sweep, trip) Plus 4 fire (arcane, evocation)

war flail!: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 5 = 12
ouch!: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (bludgeoning, disarm, sweep, trip) Plus 4 fire (arcane, evocation)

She then steps away.


He/Him | N cactus leshy gunslinger 3 | hp 38/38; Hero Points 1/3 | AC 20; F+8E R+11E W+8E (+1 vs. emotion, save vs. emotion -> crit) | Perception +8E; low-light vision | Speed 25ft | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

Slo Poke twirls his pistol again, snapping off another shot at the now-frightened target before quickly reloading.

◆Feint (Pistol Twirl), ◆Strike vs. pink, ◆Reload.

Deception to Feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Pistol shot vs. (potentially flat-footed) frightened pink: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 +1 for IC if it's renewed.
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 +1 for IC if it's renewed.

Crit damage if needed:
Fatal base damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Fatal die: 1d10 ⇒ 10


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides
Popcorn the Leshy wrote:
I think nothing happens on the success?

I think so too — and I'm going to rule that way — but it's really ambiguous.

Popcorn lands a solid blow, which knocks Mint to the ground! hit, knocked out

Slo Poke feints successfully and shoots the honeysuckle! hit

Round 2
Hostile leshys — nasty, NASTY plantses
Reaching Rings — GO
Slo Poke — fake and bang
Fluff Fang — GO
Bamboom — GO
Popcorn (-45) — smack and retreat

[spoiler=GM stuff]
Honeysuckle (-15, frightened 1)
Wisteria
Bamboo (-7, Coiled Opportunity ⤾)
Mint


Non-binary Leshy Rogue 3 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Speed: 25' | HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Fort: +7 Ref: +11 Will: +9 (+1 vs emotion) | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Status: None | Hero Points: ?

Reaching Rings draws their short sword and attacks the one closest to them.

Twin Feint [two-actions]
Rapier: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Shortsword vs flat footed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Piercing plus Precision: 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + (5) + 4 = 14


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Only one of Reaching Rings' stabs is successful, but successful it is! hit, miss

Round 2
Hostile leshys — nasty, NASTY plantses
Reaching Rings — stabbination
Slo Poke — fake and bang
Fluff Fang — GO
Bamboom — GO
Popcorn (-45) — smack and retreat

GM stuff:

Honeysuckle (-15, frightened 1)
Wisteria
Bamboo (-14, Coiled Opportunity ⤾)
Mint


”Fluff Fang” | CG Small Leshy Bard 3 | HP 13/35 | AC 19 | F +6 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 (Lowlight) | Speed 25ft |

Flufffang dips between the hostile plans, casts true strike and tries to finish off the one to the North.

stab vs FF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
true vs FF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
deadly?: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Fluff Fang becomes visible.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map | A Fistful of Flowers slides

Fluff Fang reappears a heartbeat before chewin' on a honeysuckle vine leshy! They notice the damage doesn't seem as potent as they might think! Resistance to physical damage, Hit Points adjusted.

Round 2
Hostile leshys — nasty, NASTY plantses
Reaching Rings — stabbination
Slo Poke — fake and bang
Fluff Fang — oh THERE they are
Bamboom — GO
Popcorn (-45) — smack and retreat

GM stuff:
Honeysuckle (-14, frightened 1)
Wisteria
Bamboo (-14, Coiled Opportunity ⤾)
Mint


HP 46/46 | AC 19 | F +11, R +8, W +10

Bamboom wants to spray his foes with shards of hot wood, but can't figure out a way to do so without also hitting his friends. Gritting his nonexistant teeth, he decides to help Popcorn instead, summoning a protector tree to her side, then lashes out at scaredy-suckle.

Two-action Timber Sentinel to get a protector tree (I don't see Popcorn on the map, so didn't place a marker but should be next to her); one-action kinetic blast
Kinetic Blast, ranged (30 feet) vs. honeysuckle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
bludgeoning, one action: 1d8 ⇒ 4

151 to 200 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Thunderspirit's "Fistful of Flowers" for PbP Gameday XII — Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.