[ACO] PF2e Q11 - A Parchment Tree (P2) (Inactive)

Game Master UncleFroggy

Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


1 to 50 of 55 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Please dot (add a post) in here and then delete your post to add yourself to this campaign.

1) I am based in Southeast Asia (UTC +8) so my posting hours may be unusual (especially for those in North America). I usually update at least one or twice per day. Just to keep the game moving, please post at least once every day and at least once during the weekend.

2) Please label all three of your actions. Even if you think what you are doing is obvious.

3) If I am unavailable for longer than 24 hours, I will let you know in the Discussion Tab. Out of respect for your fellow players and myself, I ask that you do the same. Real life happens, and real life will always take priority over the game, but out of fairness for your fellow players, please let us know if you will be unavailable for an extended period of time.

4) Please note that on the following days, my posting can get unpredictable:
Tuesday/Thursdays - all day, as they are the 2 busiest days of my work week

4) Please complete the Macros and the Slides linked at the top of the page.

5) Questions, concerns? Feel free to share them in the Discussion tab.

6) Let's have some fun and tell a great story together! After all, that's what we are here for.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Your adventure begins at the personal estate of Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi in Qadira’s capital of Katheer where he has personally requested you for this mission. Signs of wealth abound; fine cloth awnings hang over an impressive spread of food and drink, with fruits, meats, and grains from across the Inner Sea. Esmayl’s attire is expensive, finely pressed, and immaculate. When you arrive, the venture-captain clasps the arm of each of you at the elbow one by one (waiting a moment to watch for any social cues that might indicate the physical contact is unwelcome) and invites you to enjoy the refreshments.

Please introduce yourselves here

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

Obelix is a large, heavyset man carrying a variety of objects to throw - javelins, hatchets, tridents, as well as a cast iron teapot and a brick.

Raging Thrower barbarian, but doesn't have improvised weapon dedication yet.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Erlam is slim elven elven alchemist who usually wears a blue and silver robe over a light leather armor.

His clothes are full of pockets and bandoleers where he stores different concoctions for all purposes, as well as a big elven bow strapped to his back.

Elven alchemist bomber and I'm still debating on wherever to get him a medic dedication or a wizard one ... as this will be my first level 2 adventure with him.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

NVM that post, I had already played a game as level 2, let me get my foundry build.

Horizon Hunters

Orc Suli Barbarian (Elemental) 1 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 18 | F: 8 R: 4 W: 6 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25ft | Exploration: Seek | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Hero Point: 1/1 |

Shutek is a Casmar man of impressive build. His towering frame is partly covered by an elaborate breastplate but his arms are bristling with lean muscle and elaborate tattoos depicting a swirl of fire and lightning. The tattoos bear strong resemblance to the glittering metal of the blade draped across his back.

He stance is aloof as he finds himself a comfortable spot against a wall.

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

You see a short olive-skinned human male with black hair and a neatly-trimmed black beard entering the estate. A quick grimace crosses his face as he sees the richly dressed venture-captain and glances at his own travel worn garb of gray robe, wide belt and cloak. Nevertheless, he steels himself, joins the line and greets the venture-captain in his turn, commenting that he was honored by the request for assistance.

As he moves to the refreshments and joins the pathfinders, Khaldan visibly relaxes. "Well met, my fellows! I take it you too were requested for this mission?"

Later, after some small talk, he will ask "Would any of you benefit from a magic weapon spell should this quest come to blows, as they so often seem to?"

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Shutek Niel's Society (): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Khaldan al Tephu's Society (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Erlam's Society (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

After allowing you all to get to know each other, Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi clears his throat.

"Welcome all of you to my home, and thank you very much for coming. I have invited you here so you can help me settle an important matter on behalf of the Pathfinder Society as a whole. As you know, our lodge here in Katheer is the only location we have in the whole of Qadira. This is something I plan to rectify personally, so I have contributed a small fortune to purchasing a plot of land for another lodge, close to the slave port of Sedeq in the south."

"We're having this conversation here due to my personal stake in the matter. As it happens, I've come across a problem that's brought the sale to a complete halt. Two different merchant families, the Agarja and the Patari, have approached me with papers claiming they are the proper owners of this land. Both attest they are descendants of the original landowner, Prince Agar ibn Karatari. I was under the impression I was to deal only with the owner of his estate until these two families stepped forward. The process to complete the sale alone will take months, but thankfully, this is a problem that can be rectified."

"With your assistance, we can determine which family is the legitimate heir to the property. There are four documents we can use to authenticate the prince's lineage, which I have tracked to the bazaars of Katheer. Here is a list of the four merchants you'll need to speak with. I would recover them myself, but I have another appointment I'm afraid I must keep. While you are in the bazaar, I will be discussing another matter with a fellow Pathfinder agent. I intend to use the new lodge as a safe house for the Society and our allies released from slavery, and I have intelligence which indicates some of our own could be moving through Sedeq from across the Inner Sea."

"If you're able to recover these documents on my behalf, not only can we move ahead with saving our compatriots in chains, but we can establish further relations with the nation of Qadira and hopefully within Casmaron itself."

Khaldan knows:

The Agarja family's spice trade has allowed them to surpass the wealth of the Patari family, despite the latter's expertise in rare or magical creatures. The Agarja family also deals in black market smuggling, which includes a cut from the Patari family as they supply menageries for the rich. If the Patari family's claim to this land succeeds, they will have a compelling justification to remove the Agarjas from their role as intermediaries and significantly increase their profits.

Erlam knows:
The Patari family has ties to central Qadira. As part of their cattle trade, they do business in very peculiar mammals with the geniekin of the Zho Mountains.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

The venture-captain hands you a list of places in the Bazaar that might have the locations of the documents:

"Because the bazaar is quite expansive, I would suggest you visit the shops in the order of the list."

Bazaar Locations:

1. Satrap Esoterica—a collector of Qadiran antiquities in possession of Prince Agar's memoirs
2. Morning Sands—a priest of Sarenrae with knowledge of the Prince's ties to the Dawnflower
3. The Four Dunes—cartographers with a map to confirm the boundaries of the Prince's holdings
4. Royal Concessions—a scribe specializing in patents of nobility

The Opulent Bazaar of Katheer is magnificent. Qadira's satrap, Xerbystes II, certainly spared no expense in the upkeep of the capital and is paying an even greater fortune in its expansion. In between merchants from nearby Casmaron and from all over Golarion attempting to hawk their wares.

DC 15 Diplomacy to get directions (Gather Info)

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"I know exactly which way to go - that way."

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

While walking from Esmayl's estate to the bazaar, Khaldan will pass on

"So I've heard a bit about these two families that are claiming the estate. It sounds like they work together in some shady trading. The Patari family has expertise in rare or magical creatures and supply some to the Agarja family to sell on for the menageries of the rich. If the Pataris won this land then they could likely cut out the Agarjas and trade directly for much better profits."

Once they get to the bazaar, Khaldan will start mingling and asking around also.

diplomacy DC15: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

"Oh I love a good bazaar! I've had a chat with a few people here but none of them knew of the Satrap Esoterica sadly. Did anyone else have more luck?"

((Could buying a round of drinks or making a few purchases help with this task? If so, Khaldan is more than happy to.))

Horizon Hunters

Orc Suli Barbarian (Elemental) 1 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 18 | F: 8 R: 4 W: 6 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25ft | Exploration: Seek | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Hero Point: 1/1 |

"Quite common for there to be these type of individuals to have their hands in many pockets. Thank you for the information, we should be careful to watch ourselves in the market. They likely have eyes all about." Shutek says, thinking over the new information.

He follows quietly behind Khaldan, attempting to aid any discussions.

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 ⇒ 6

But tends to drag any conversation down.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

"You're certainly an expert on this place Khaldan! I had some inkling on the Patari business but no idea on the finer details of what's been happening here. It's good to know though, so that we don't ask the correct questions to the incorrect people..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

He then approaches a man who is obviously (to all but Erlam) on a hurry. "Hello there, could you pehaps give us some directions for the bazaar?" he asks, only to be completely ignored as the man hurriedly continues his way.

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

"Why are you all still asking for directions? I ALREADY KNOW WHERE TO GO!"

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

Khaldan will look surprised, but reply
"Oh, sorry Obelix, if you know where this shop is then lead on. I hadn't realised you'd been here before."

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Through a lot of backtracking and wrong turns, you manage to find the first shop, though it takes you an hour to get there.

Are you doing the locations as suggested?

Anebu, a Garundi woman of very eclectic tastes, owns the Satrap Esoterica and is rumored to have everything you want under the Qadiran sun—and everything you need under the satrap's starry skies. Qaradi has tracked a book here which allegedly contains Prince Agar's memoirs, written in his own hand. The truth of the matter is the proprietor owns several books that supposedly contain what the PCs are looking for, but only one of them is the correct one.

"Well met. I am Anebu, the proprietor of the Satrap Esoterica. How may I help you today?"

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

A look of relief will cross Khaldan's face as they finally spot the shop.

"Well met Anebu! My name is Khaldan and these are my friends Shutek, Erlam and Obelix. We are hoping to find some information on Prince Agar, perhaps even his memoirs. You wouldn't happen to have a copy would you?"

((I was assuming we would follow the suggested order for the locations - no reason not to))

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

I also assumed we were visiting the locations in the suggested order.

Obelix smiles, showing a mouthful of missing teef.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

"Ah yes! Here, have a look at these texts."

She hands you several texts.

Society to Decipher Writing
Crafting to Find Hidden Text

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

"Wonderful! Thank-you for those, let's take a look."

Khaldan will then pull out a notebook and start poring over each text in turn, making notes in his book as he goes.

Society to decipher writing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Crafting to find hidden text: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"Ah, such a shame I didn't learn the Kelish of my grand parents." he will mutter as he struggles with the text.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

"Very well, let me take a look at those..." as he says this, the elf moves forward and takes a good long look at the texts, scrbbling some notes on a book of his own as he does so.

Society check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Crafting check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Erlam manages to find the right text but Khaldan finds an additional coded passage in another book. You take the books and head to the next location. Time Elapsed: 2 hours

The sun seems to shine more brightly upon the sign of the Morning Sands. Perhaps divinely so, as this quaint shop serves as an antechamber to one of the many churches of Sarenrae in Katheer. The Vudrani priestess Zarida informed the venture-captain that she recalled something she read about Prince Agar in the church's library. She's willing to part with it on Esmayl's behalf to you, if only she can remember whether she found it among the sacred texts or within the forbidden archives.

Religion/Occultism/Saranrae Lore to RK

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

"Hey nice work Erlam, that was quite the search."

At the Morning Sands, Khaldan will try chatting with Zarida about first the sacred texts

Religion Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

and then the forbidden archives, if there is time or need

Occultism Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Khaldan recalls enough that Zarida remembers which scroll it is from the sacred texts. She retrieves it and hands it to you.

4 hours total have elapsed

The Four Dunes is a cartographer's shop run by a pair of halfling twins who go by the names Fali and Farul Dunes (CN female and male halfling pirates). Claiming to serve merchants and navies alike, the fact that they own more maps of the seas than the local deserts (scribbled with their own messy handwriting, no less) easily gives away their true profession. They readily provide the map the venture-captain was inquiring about, eager themselves to learn of where the property of an ancient Qadiran prince might lie.


Farming Lore to confirm where the richest soil would be for an ancient prince to plant their crops.
Mercantile Lore to determine where inlets of Qadira's southern river would provide easy transport of goods to his property.
Nature to locate the most suitable ground to build upon on the path between Katheer to Sedeq to avoid natural disasters, like sinkholes and landslides. (slightly more difficult DC)

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

Mercantile Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"Oh! Oh! I know one! I know things! The inlets!"

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Obelix has a look and finds where it would be easiest to transport goods. The halfling twins hand the map to you, beseeching you to come back if you have more cartographic needs.

You then make your way to the final destination, Royal Concessions.

As you approach, you hear voices yell out in anger.

"No! Those patents are not yours to take!"

"Be quiet, else we'll silence you forever!"

"Wait, who's that? Pathfinders! Attack!"

Coming out from the shop, and from the street behind, you see two ruffians with clubs drawn. It's unlikely they're there for a friendly chat...

Init:

Shutek Niel, Detect Magic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Khaldan al Tephu, Scout: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Erlam, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Obelix Menhir, Search: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Blue Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Red Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

One ruffian with a red tunic steps up to Obelix and strikes at him with a club, at the same time trying to grab him.

Snagging Strike, Club vs Obelix AC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Snagging Strike, Club vs Obelix AC 18, MAP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Blue also steps forward and tries to grab Shutek with the same maneuver.

Snagging Strike, Club vs Shutek AC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Club vs Shutek AC 18, MAP, FF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Bludgeoning, Crit: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Doubled to 18

"HA! This 'un folded right quick!" he barks a laugh.

-------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Shutek Niel - AC 18, 0/18 (Dying 2)
Blue
Red
**Khaldan al Tephu - AC 16, 15/15
**Obelix Menhir - AC 18 (17 rage), 20/20
**Erlam - AC 19, 24/24

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

Obelix shakes his head. "That's not nice."

He pulls out his trident ◆, and rages ◆.

Trident, Melee: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Surprised by the sudden attack, Erlam decides to quickly retaliate with an attack of his own after repositioning himself to get a good shot.

"Where did these guys come from and what is their problem!" he asks loudly as he throws a purple flask at one of the attackers.

◆ Stride behind Obelix
◆ Throw bomb at red (quick bomber) Dread Ampule bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Mental Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 +1 splash only to red, frightened 1 on hit, 2 on crit
◇ Hero Point: Dread Ampule bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
◆ Cast Shield on himself from wayfinder aeon stone [10hp shield]

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

Shocked by the cruel felling of Shutek, Khaldan will call out

"Well that was uncalled for! Flee now while you still can!"

and will
◆◆ cast fear on blue (DC 17 Will save) and then
◆cast shield on himself.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Obelix pulls out his trident and enters a raging state. He clobbers Red and manages to poke him in the tummy. Erlam hurls a Dread Ampoule at Red but doesn't hit. Meanwhile, Khaldan casts a frightening spell at Blue which scares the living daylights out of him

-------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Shutek Niel - AC 18, 0/18 (Dying 2)
Blue (Frightened 2)
Red (-11)
Khaldan al Tephu - AC 16, 15/15
Obelix Menhir - AC 18 (17 rage), 20/20 (Rage: temp hp - 1/1, AC 17)
Erlam - AC 19, 24/24 (AC 20)

Horizon Hunters

Orc Suli Barbarian (Elemental) 1 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 18 | F: 8 R: 4 W: 6 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25ft | Exploration: Seek | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Hero Point: 1/1 |

Recovery DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

Do any of us have healing?

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates
Shutek Niel wrote:
[dice=Recovery DC 12]1d20

Want to give me another check since everyone is up after the baddies go... :)

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Blue steps around the corner (and the downed fighter) and swings at Khaldan while grabbing for him.

Snagging Strike, Club vs Khaldan AC 16: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Club vs Khaldan AC 16, MAP, Frightened: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 = 22
Bludgeoning, Crit: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Doubled to 22

"HA! This 'un folded right quick too!"

Red attempts to strike at Obelix and grabs him.

Snagging Strike, Club vs Obelix AC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Club vs Obelix AC 17, MAP, FF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Club vs Obelix AC 17, MAP 2+, FF: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

-------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2-3
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

-3-
**Shutek Niel - AC 18, 0/18 (Dying 1)
**Khaldan al Tephu - AC 16, 0/15 (Dying 2)
Blue (Frightened 1)
Red (-11)

-2-
**Obelix Menhir - AC 18 (17 rage), 9/20 (Rage: temp hp - 0/1, AC 17; FF)
**Erlam - AC 19, 24/24 (AC 20)

Horizon Hunters

Orc Suli Barbarian (Elemental) 1 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 18 | F: 8 R: 4 W: 6 | Perc: +6 (Darkvision) | Speed 25ft | Exploration: Seek | Active conditions:
Resources:
| Hero Point: 1/1 |

Recovery DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 10 Using a Hero Point to Re-Roll.
Recovery DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Clearly worried at the situation they've found themselves in, Erlam mumbles a quick prayer at his patron as he throws another couple of bombs at the man in front of Obelix, hoping to make things easier for the bruiser.

◆ Throw bomb at red Bottled Lightning: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21lightining damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5+1 splash on red and flatfooted if it hits.
◆ Throw bomb at red Dread Ampule: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22mental damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3+1 splash on red and frightened 1 or 2 on a crit.
◆ Stride next to Khaldan al Tephu.

praying to the rng gods

and they responded! go Obelix, you have him at -4 AC now!

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

Any chance that brought Red down? I'll check later today for an update.

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

Khaldan will desperately raise his magical shield to block the blow as it comes down, however even that can't change his fate.

Recovery DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 3

I'll use both hero points for a heroic recovery

Obelix Menhir wrote:
Do any of us have healing?

Khaldan has a couple of minor healing potions which anyone is welcome to use - one in his backpack and one out for ready access

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Both Shutek and Khaldan stabilize. Erlam hurls a bottled lightning at Red, catching him right in the chest. Red's hair stands on end and he's temporarily all tingly from the hit. The next bomb leaves him trembling with fear.

Red's almost down.

-------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2-3
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

-3-
Shutek Niel - AC 18, 0/18 (Unconscious; Wounded 1)
Khaldan al Tephu - AC 16, 0/15 (Unconscious; Wounded 1)
Blue (Frightened 1)
Red (-24, FF; Frightened 2)

-2-
**Obelix Menhir - AC 18 (17 rage), 9/20 (Rage: temp hp - 0/1, AC 17; FF)
Erlam - AC 19, 24/24

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

Obelix, seeing red, stabs Red.

Trident, Melee: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 vs flat-footed, frightened 2
Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Assuming a 10 doesn't hit even vs FF+F2, I'm going to Hero Point that, because I think this is important.

Trident, Melee, Hero Point Reroll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 vs flat-footed, frightened

If that hits and downs Red ...

Obelix turns around and heaves the trident at Blue.

Trident, Thrown, MAP: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 5 = 11 vs frightened
Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Then, he draws a light hammer.

If Red is still up after the first Strike, Obelix will make another melee Strike at Red, which would be a 12 vs FF, frightened; and then make a third Strike: thrown vs Blue if Red goes down, melee vs Red if Red is still up.

Trident, Melee, MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 10 = -2 vs flat-footed, frightened
Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Kind of wishing Red goes down on the second hit so that I can say I've rolled a -3 to hit.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Man, talk about cursed rolls. So far, I'm the exception, but we can't seem to roll over 10 and they can't seem to roll under 15 =/

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Obelix sees red and eliminates Red. He turns and hurls his trident at Blue but doesn't hit.

"RED! Blue shrieks. "You'll pay for that!"

Blue drops his club, pulls out his sling, loads it, and sends a bullet at Erlam.

Sling vs Erlam AC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

But his grief at losing his partner in crime makes him sloppy.

-------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 3-4
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

-4-
Shutek Niel - AC 18, 0/18 (Unconscious; Wounded 1)
Khaldan al Tephu - AC 16, 0/15 (Unconscious; Wounded 1)
Blue

-3-
**Obelix Menhir - AC 18 (17 rage), 9/20 (Rage: temp hp - 0/1, AC 17)
**Erlam - AC 19, 24/24 (AC 20)

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

What are the rules for stepping on unconscious teammates?

Obelix grabs a javelin out of his backpack and hurls it.

Javelin, 1st range increment: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Piercing, rage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Then, he grabs another javelin.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Erlam will let another bomb fly and try and get one of his companions back into the fight.

◆ Throw bomb at blue Bottled Lightning: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21lightining damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5+1 splash on blue and flatfooted if it hits.
◆ Grab a soothing tonic
◆ Feed the tonic to Khaldan.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Erlam hurls a bottled lightning at Blue. It hits and shocks him, his hair stands on end as sparks dance over his body. Obelix takes advantage of this and plants a javelin in Blue. Erlam grabs a potion and feeds it to Khaldan.

I'd assume that you can sort of straddle your unconscious teammate...

-------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 4
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Shutek Niel - AC 18, 0/18 (Unconscious; Wounded 1)
**Khaldan al Tephu - AC 16, 1/15 (Wounded 1; Fast Healing 1)
Blue (-17, FF)
Obelix Menhir - AC 18 (17 rage), 9/20 (Rage: temp hp - 0/1, AC 17)
Erlam - AC 19, 24/24

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

I've always found it kind of strange, but everyone does the same with unconscious people, so I kind of assume it works ... somehow.

Horizon Hunters

NG male human (Keleshite) wizard 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 (17 w/shield) |F +4 R +5 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +2 | Focus Points 0/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: mage armor, summon animal, magic weapon | speed 25 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: None

As Khaldan comes to he will sputter and say
"Oh I think every bit of me aches right now, but that means I am alive again right? Thanks Erlam!"

Looking at the thug looming over him on the other side though he decides to make a retreat and

◆ Crawl 5 ft
◆ Crawl 5 ft to be behind Erlam, and then gingerly weave the incantation to
◆ Cast protective ward +1 to AC in a 5 foot radius emanation (uses 1 focus)

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

As Khaldan attempts to crawl away, the Ruffian standing over him punches at him.

AoO vs Khaldan AC 16, FF, NL: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"Ye're not goin' anywhere, mate!"

The Ruffian's fist connects and Khaldan is knocked out by the blow.

Khaldan - I moved you back to your original place as the AoO was enough to disrupt your movement

-------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 4-5
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before Your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

-5-
**Shutek Niel - AC 18, 0/18 (Unconscious; Wounded 1)
**Khaldan al Tephu - AC 16, 1/15 (Wounded 1; Fast Healing 1)
Blue (-17, FF)

-4-
**Obelix Menhir - AC 18 (17 rage), 9/20 (Rage: temp hp - 0/1, AC 17)
**Erlam - AC 19, 24/24

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Eralm will quickly craft a makeshift alchemist fire bomb and lob it over to the ruffian, hoping he'll finally desist and retreat. He'll then try and tumble through the ruffian, hoping to give some working space for Obelix to move.

◆ Quick Alchemy (started with 2/7, now 1/7 remaining)
Alemist Fire Bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6 +1 pesistent fire damage + 1 splash fire damage.
Tumble Through, Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Envoy's Alliance

Q04 | CN male (he/him) human (half-orc) barbarian (fury) 1 | ◆◇↺ | AC 18(17) | HP 20/20 | P+6, F+5, R+6, W+6 | Explore: Search| LLV, 25' | Hero: 1/3 | Active Conditions: chillin'

Obelix has Raging Thrower, so not a huge deal, and also, Obelix may not be able to take another hit.

Obelix scowls at the man.

Intimidating Glare: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Then, he hurls the javelin in his hand.

Javelin, 1st range increment: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Piercing, Rage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

He'll draw his light hammer.

1 to 50 of 55 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [ACO] PF2e Q11 - A Parchment Tree (P2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.