[SFS/PaizoCon Online] 5-12 Envar's Expedition (Inactive)

Game Master Kludde

RPG Chronicles
Slides


101 to 150 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Cognates

female LN dwarf mystic (star shaman) 3 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +11 | Speed 25 ft., climb 25 ft. (handholds in zero G), fly 20 ft. (in space) | Active conditions: None | Spells 2nd-3/3 1st-5/5| Healing Touch1/1 | Starlight Form 3/3 | 1 Reroll

In case knowing my result makes Buoy Ally invalid:
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Speed Up DC 19: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Navasi would prefer to be a passenger as she's never flown any of these vehicles.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 6 | SP 78/78 | HP 48/48 | RP 9/9 | EP 0 | EAC 25 KAC 27; +1 when EP>0; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +11 Ref +8 Will +3; resist fire 5, cold 6; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +10; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 | Reroll | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Chrysanthemum blinks and then blinks again. "Excuse me. I think you said you dance with the storm? What a peculiar custom."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"I believe I would like to travel with someone, as I do not have an particular proficiency with these methods of travel. It would allow me to dance as well. Friend K.I.N.A.A. or Friend Rodkin, would one of you allow me to travel with you?"

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 not sure what the DC is

The quorlu flows gracefully through the storm, following the lead of her pilot.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

The perception/survival check DC is 14

I'll put Chrysanthemum with K.I.N.A.A. for now, Navasi with Rodkin?

K.I.N.A.A. zips forward, and while the sands lashes her skin, and that of Chrystanthemum, they manage to keep a straight path through the dunes.

===

||Start|Storm; V2; V3 | V1 | |Finish||
--
Zone 1:
Active Hazard: sandy debris (PCs must succeed at a Reflex save or be blinded until the end of their next turn);
Altered Movement: high winds (–2 Piloting);
New Tricks: buoy ally (Diplomacy; grant one other pilot +2 to Piloting)

---
Vehicle 1: position 2
K.I.N.A.A.
Chrysanthemum
Vehicle 2: position 1
Rodkin
Navasi

Other Vehicles:
Amy (flying one by herself?)
-----
Storm (Zone 1)
---

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

Navasi, you're welcome to ride with me. Hold on tight. we're gonna move fast Rodkin says as he hits the throttle

Hiding rolls in case anyone wants to aid or whatever:

Reflex save to avoid being blinded by sandy debris with Evasion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Piloting check to Speed Up DC19 -2 for High Winds: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 2 = 31

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

Amy looks a little disappointed when she realises that she doesn't have a passenger.

Is my piloting that bad? Or did I really do something else wrong? she thinks to herself. And did Chrysanthemum skip me on purpose?

Her old self doubts start to come back to plague her as she flies with the storm.

For now, she attempts to keep up with the others as she gets the feel of the vehicle.
reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
piloting: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 = 24


Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"You got this Amy, just don't drown or crash!"

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

I got gills - can't drown Amy shoots back Unless they fail she thinks to herself. Sand .. ew .... I never get sand in space - nor in the display tank. I really could use Ms Celestia's encouraging words right now


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

Rodkin steps on the gas, closing his eyes to avert the sharp sand. Navasi is caught by surprise, and spends the next few seconds with sand in her eyes, unable to see.

Amy speeds up, but the sand also takes her by surprise, so she floats into the next area without seeing too much.

Navasi and Amy are blinded this round

The area beyond the dunes is home to a flock of sea bird, that look quite angry and hostile for being disturbed. Better get out of here quick!

---
Vehicle 1: position 2
K.I.N.A.A.
Chrysanthemum
Vehicle 2: position 2
Rodkin
Navasi (blinded)
Vehicle 3: position 2:
Amy (blinded)

-----
Storm (Zone 1)
---

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

Let's get going. Those birds don't look friendly

Questions?:

Trying to understand here. A successful "Speed Up" action during a chase should move forward an extra Zone? No hazards right now? Do any of my companions need help, and what action could help them?
Sorry if this is a little pedantic, and I didn't want to clutter the thread with questions.

Piloting check to Speed Up DC19: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

Amy is literally flying blind. So she keeps going straight on.
piloting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Cognates

female LN dwarf mystic (star shaman) 3 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +11 | Speed 25 ft., climb 25 ft. (handholds in zero G), fly 20 ft. (in space) | Active conditions: None | Spells 2nd-3/3 1st-5/5| Healing Touch1/1 | Starlight Form 3/3 | 1 Reroll

K.I.N.A.A. keeps the pedal to the metal.

Speed Up DC 19: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

Answers:

To be honest: utterly unclear from the rules. I'm saying that a speed up would allow you to get out of the danger area before the hazard hits (keep up not force you to face the hazard)

Amy follows the roaring of Rodkin's and K.I.N.A.A.'s turbogliders, and the three make it out of the bird-ridden area before any of their eyes get pecked out.

One more zone to cover!

---
Zone 3:
Active Hazard: sandy debris (PCs must succeed at a Reflex save or be blinded until the end of their next turn);
Altered Movement: high winds (–2 Piloting);
New Tricks: buoy ally (Diplomacy; grant one other pilot +2 to Piloting)
-
Vehicle 1: position 3
K.I.N.A.A.
Chrysanthemum
Vehicle 2: position 3
Rodkin
Navasi
Vehicle 3: position 3:
Amy

-----
Storm (Zone 2)
---

Cognates

female LN dwarf mystic (star shaman) 3 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +11 | Speed 25 ft., climb 25 ft. (handholds in zero G), fly 20 ft. (in space) | Active conditions: None | Spells 2nd-3/3 1st-5/5| Healing Touch1/1 | Starlight Form 3/3 | 1 Reroll

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Zoom zoom!

Speed Up DC 19: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 2 = 22

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 6 | SP 78/78 | HP 48/48 | RP 9/9 | EP 0 | EAC 25 KAC 27; +1 when EP>0; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +11 Ref +8 Will +3; resist fire 5, cold 6; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +10; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 | Reroll | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Chrysanthemum holds on tight, but checks over her shoulder to keep track of her companions.

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

Reflex Save with Evasion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Piloting check to Speed Up DC19 -2 for High Winds: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 2 = 33

Let's get outta here!

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

Amy triggers the accelerator
reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
piloting: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 = 17


"My Agent better stop booking me gigs on the water or at least provide some space Dramamine"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

Maybe your agent should talk to my agent


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

With a final punch on the accelerator, the group makes it to the pensinsula before the storm hits. A small clearing flanked by numerous pylons sits near a sheer cliff, soaring above the shallows and the roiling ocean. At the edge of the clearing, a small tent shakes in the wind, though the rain is beginning to taper off.

The data tag's location is in the ocean, submerged beneath the water thanks to high tide.

The cliff is 60 feet high (DC 15 Athletics to climb), and the water below looks quite difficult to swim in (DC 17 Athletics)

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

After landing, Amy moves to the cliff edge, staring down into the water.

I'll get it she says. Unless anyone has any objections.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

Just let me know how you want to get down, and if needed, roll a check.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 6 | SP 78/78 | HP 48/48 | RP 9/9 | EP 0 | EAC 25 KAC 27; +1 when EP>0; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +11 Ref +8 Will +3; resist fire 5, cold 6; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +10; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 | Reroll | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

"If you are certain, Friend Amy? We were warned about possible cliff dwelling creatures which may cause problems. I do not wish anyone to come to harm, but I am not well suited to swimming. Does anyone have good cable for climbing?"

Chrysanthemum plans to stay up top, keeping an eye out for dangers. She has out her pistol.

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

I'm certain. In fact I feel I need to do this ... feel the water's embrace.

She looks for a good way down.
perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Erk .... yeah ... abseiling ... yeah ... good idea.

Sometimes I really hate gravity

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

I will accompany you if you don't mind. I'll stay out of your way if you like, but I don't want you down there all alone.

Rodkin also has a Gill Sheath Augmentation, and will try to climb down

Perception, also looking for a good way down: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Unfortunately, Gravity sucks.

Cognates

female LN dwarf mystic (star shaman) 3 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +11 | Speed 25 ft., climb 25 ft. (handholds in zero G), fly 20 ft. (in space) | Active conditions: None | Spells 2nd-3/3 1st-5/5| Healing Touch1/1 | Starlight Form 3/3 | 1 Reroll

"Unfortunately, I am only more maneuverable in zero-G, and am not really built for swimming. I will keep a watch out for predators from this vantage."


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

Rodkin sees a good way down (Which still requires checks as listed above), and also spots some animal tracks that could be an utesra's.

Anyone brave enough to start climbing down?

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

Hopefully, having seen a path and potential predators (what is a utesra anyway? He doesn't have any Life Science) it will make the climb easier. For some reason, I don't have my usual 50 feet on line of this character.

I see some tracks here, that look like they might belong to a utesra. Anybody know anything about it?

Here we go

Athletics to climb down: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Perception, looking for something that might have made the utesra tracks: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Navasi will hang out up top and keep an eye out for whatever the heck a utesra is.

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

I ... would appreciate that Rodkin Amy admits I know I'm not supposed to dive alone ... but I do not know of many who also have impants

She starts making her way down.
athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

init:

Oridak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
K.I.N.A.A.: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Rodkin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Amy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Chrysanthemum: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Amy and Rodkin make their descent, when a humanoid-size ant-like creature indeed emerges from the cliff, pretty much where Rodkin expected it would come from. It surprises nobody, but still looks to be hazardous, especially to those so precariously clinging onto the face of the cliff...

Bold can act!

---
Rodkin
K.I.N.A.A.
Oridak
Chrysanthemum

---
Utesra
---
Amy
---

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

Rodkin sighs. You should go back and take a nap. He doesn't expect a response.

He pulls his tactical semi-auto pistol and fires.

Attack roll with tactical semi-auto pistol: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


"Eww giant ants, hopefully there aren't more of them.

Navasi will throw a stickybomb Grenade

Grenade attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

(Explode 10 ft, entangled 2d4 rounds, DC 12)
Entangled if fail DC 12 Reflex: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

Rodkin fires away at the utesra, not letting a bit of recoil scare him away while hanging onto the ledge. He manages to piece the chitin outer shell of the approaching creature.

Reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Navasi throws a grenade down the cliff, aiming for a rocky outcropping near the enemy creature, and dousing the thing in a sticky web. The creature manages to evade most of the blast, though, and seems to carry on mostly unhampered.

Hmpf. I'm truly sorry these things aren't more useful.

---
Rodkin
K.I.N.A.A.
Navasi
Chrysanthemum
---
Utesra (7)
---
Amy
---

Cognates

female LN dwarf mystic (star shaman) 3 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +11 | Speed 25 ft., climb 25 ft. (handholds in zero G), fly 20 ft. (in space) | Active conditions: None | Spells 2nd-3/3 1st-5/5| Healing Touch1/1 | Starlight Form 3/3 | 1 Reroll

K.I.N.A.A. attempts to determine what kind of brain this thing has.

Life Science +4 or Mysticism +13 to recall knowledge.

Then she casts a spell, depending on what she learns.

Gee, I think so, Brain...:
Mind Thrust: 2d10 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11, Will DC 16 half

Mindless or Unsure:
Shooting Stars: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 3 = 10

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 6 | SP 78/78 | HP 48/48 | RP 9/9 | EP 0 | EAC 25 KAC 27; +1 when EP>0; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +11 Ref +8 Will +3; resist fire 5, cold 6; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +10; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 | Reroll | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Chrysanthemum sighs then calls down to the creature. "We do not wish to hurt you, ant-thing. Please stop attacking our friends." Moving along the cliff, she stomps noisily at the end, hoping to catch the ant's attention and bring it up where the rest of the party can help.

Intimidate?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

Life Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

K.I.N.A.A. thinks that maybe this could be a utersa. Could also be a big ant... she doesn't really know. Definitely has a brain, though.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

K.I.N.A.A. connects with the creature's brain waves, and easily overwhelms them, while Chrysanthemum is trying to assert his dominance over the creature, but fails to really impress the utersa.

The reddish creature moves up to Rodkin, and tries to bite the ysoki.

Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 151d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Although the ysoki can only manuever very poorly on the wall, he still manages to deflect the bite with his armor.

--
Amy
Rodkin
K.I.N.A.A.
Navasi
Chrysanthemum

---
Utesra (18)
---

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

Rodkin will try out one of his more recent purchases.

Stealth check for Trick Attack, Final number is max CR: 1d20 + 20 - 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 - 20 = 19
Attack Roll with static polarity gauntlets: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Electricity damage (operative, polarize 1d4, powered): 1d6 ⇒ 5
Trick damage, also Electricity: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 1, 6) = 13

If this hits, Debilitating Trick to make the enemy Off-Target

Critical Hit damage, but I can't remember or find whether the Trick gets doubled.
Electricity damage (operative, polarize 1d4, powered): 1d6 ⇒ 4
Trick damage, also Electricity: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 6) = 10

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

Amy, while hanging onto the wall with one hand, activates her Starlight (20% concealment) then fires a full round volley of Shooting Stars at the ant creature.

ss: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) + 4 = 13


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

Rodkin catches his opponent off-guard, and runs so much electricity through the utesra that it is almost glowing. After Amy adds a volley of shooting stars to the mix, the utesra seems to have lost all appetite, and decides to move away.

Combat over!

Climbing down to the bottom of the cliff, to the thrashing seaside is uneventful and carefully navigate. Down at the cliff, still no sign of Envar, but the data tag contains another recording.

Once activated, the hologram beams the image of a smiling lashunta man with bright pink hair. He whips off his sunglasses with a flourish. “Hello hey, Envies and new friends! Finding this message is lucky for you because you get a preview of an Envar’s Expeditions episode! This time, Prozbyra’s the name and stormrunning is the game, and here on the cliffs, it’s a long way down. To see more, check out my channel!

---

There is one destination left, the Bustling Waterways of Peace of Varturan. The group takes a rest from storm-chasing aboard their ship, as a greenish-blue planet comes into view. The data tag location leads to the seaside town of Gruddonar. Gruddonar consists of hundreds of buildings on stilts hundreds of feet above the shore, connected by swaying rope bridges.

The signal of the data tag leads to a large plaza, which stands on two-hundred-foot-high stilts at the center of a network of rope bridges, connecting it to other buildings and plazas that spread along the coast.

Music fills the air, shifting from one genre to another as the musicians around the plaza alternate performances. Tourists in beach garb sun themselves on the hammocks lining the plaza’s edge. To the east, a massive twine ball sits on a pedestal at the other end of a bridge, with a holographic sign reading “See the Galaxy’s Largest Ball of Twine!”

There's no sign of the data tag. Some person must have taken it, which is going to take some asking around.

I need a diplomacy check

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

Once down at the bottom of the cliff, Amy strips down to her swimsuit and dives into the water, making a leisurely swim towards the data tag, even doing a bit of an aquatic dance on the way. She actually looks happier and smiles more in the water, more ..... blissful.

On the way to Varturan she is planning on going freediving with some brennari and after landing, she too is in beachwear.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

Diplomacy is not my strong suit

Diplomacy to Aid the first lead Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 6 | SP 78/78 | HP 48/48 | RP 9/9 | EP 0 | EAC 25 KAC 27; +1 when EP>0; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +11 Ref +8 Will +3; resist fire 5, cold 6; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +10; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 | Reroll | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Chrysanthemum asks around for anything Envar related. Better to take care of this quickly before someone gets hurt.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Navasi will once again ask her criminal contacts where Envar is, tiring of this hunt for someone so recognizable.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE |

For some reason, all trails point to Dako “Bluepaw” Seiriss, a local talent on the saxophone who can often be spotted busking on the plaza. The brassy humming of saxophone notes carries far over the plaza, where Dako is playing a song in one corner. Once he finishes, he stop for a break and a breath of air, and with a laid-back voice says “What’s flowing, anemones?”

When asked about Envar, he says “That dude’s wild. Bounced off the Civic Center roof like he had wings.”

You know what, I still have this bluey thing he gave me. Since you're so interested, you can have it, on one condition: I challenge you to a rock-off. May the best entertainer win!

The duel consists of two round, during which you must collect as much applause as possible. There are six roles the PCs can take on, each requiring a successful skill check. There must be at least one lead vocalist or instrumentalist. With the community’s advice, untrained PCs can attempt Profession (musician) checks during the challenge, adding their Charisma to their d20 roll

The roles are:
Backup Dancer: Acrobatics or Profession (dancer)
Backup instrumentalist or backup instrumentalist: Profession (musician) or Profession (singer)
Composer: Culture or Profession (composer)
Crowd pleaser: Bluff or Diplomacy
Lead instrumentalist or lead vocalist: Profession (musician) or Profession (singer)
Stage effects: Engineering or Mysticism

---
No rock-off challenges shall be declined
Art 42, demon code

Cognates

female LN dwarf mystic (star shaman) 3 | SP 28/28 HP 30/30 | RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +11 | Speed 25 ft., climb 25 ft. (handholds in zero G), fly 20 ft. (in space) | Active conditions: None | Spells 2nd-3/3 1st-5/5| Healing Touch1/1 | Starlight Form 3/3 | 1 Reroll

My musician is in another game...

K.I.N.A.A. ponders a way to put on an interesting show. She is best singing tenor... tenor twenty klicks away.

Mysticism +13. My next best listed skill is Diplomacy +5, and maybe Profession (Composer) +5 if that can be untrained and Wisdom-based. Charisma -1, so I sing like... well, someone who has the post-Gap version of black lung.

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

My Musician isn't available either. . .

I have a number of ways I might contribute.

Engineering +14, Acrobatics +15, or Culture is +12. If I need to Bluff is +7. If we can figure out a way to use Sense Motive (Crowd Pleaser maybe?) is +11. How about picking up an Instrument quickly with Slight of Hand at +16. So my order of preference is Backup Dancer, Stage effects, Composer, Crowd Pleaser, try to see if I can make Profession (Musician) work.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female Quorlu Icon Battleflower Vanguard 6 | SP 78/78 | HP 48/48 | RP 9/9 | EP 0 | EAC 25 KAC 27; +1 when EP>0; unflankable, evasion; +4 vs. bull rush, reposition, or trip | Fort +11 Ref +8 Will +3; resist fire 5, cold 6; +2 vs. bleed, disease, poison effects; vuln to cold (fatigued) | Init +3; Perception +10; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 40 | Reroll | Campaign Coin | Active effects: none

Chrysanthemum blinks. "I am a rock. How should I "rock-off"?"

She is a dancer (+14), but otherwise, Culture (+8) is her best skill. While she has a positive Cha mod, it's nothing to write home about. She's also an Icon, so if the -5 DC to recall knowledge about other icons of your profession or details about your profession’s cultural aspects is helpful, I'm happy to try that. Order of preference: Backup Dancer, Composer, Crowd Pleaser (+5)/Stage Effects (+5), Lead or Backup vocal/instrument (+1)

Dataphiles

Female Human Mystic(Star Shaman)-6 | SP:16/36, HP:40/40, RP:6/6 | EAC:15, KAC:16 | F-2, R-4, W-8 | Init+2 | Perc+13 | Spells/day 1:4/4 2:4/4 | DB:1/1 | CG | 124312-718

Amy can actually dance ... well underwater or in zero-gee so ... she starts translating a routine from 3D to 2D.

profession(ZG/UW Dance): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Acquisitives

Male NG ysoki operative (thief) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone 1/1 | Debilitating Trick, Evasion, Holographic Distraction, Uncanny Mobility | Active conditions: None.

Proposal:
Chrysanthemum Gabbro - Composer +8
Amy- Backup Dancer +8
K.I.N.A.A.- Stage Effects +13
Navasi - Lead Instrumentalist (Navasi has a good Charisma modifier, right?)
Rodkin - Crowd Pleaser +7
Rodkin could swap with Navasi if he could use Sleight of Hand or Dex for the Instrument instead of Charisma

101 to 150 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / PaizoCon Online] 5-12 Envar's Expedition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.