Curse of the Crimson Throne for PF2e by DM Doctor Evil

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Korvosa Street map

Map of Korvosa and environs

PF2 Actions Cheat Sheet

Loot Tracker


451 to 500 of 948 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

NG female (she/her) Whisper Elf Champion 3 HP 29/45 | AC 19 | F +10 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 | Glaive +9 1d8 +3 S | Spell Atk +7 DC 14 Spd 30 | Focus 0/1 | Active Conditions: Grabbed, constricted | Hero Points: 1

From a tactics perspective, I'd like to be in either Sable's or Lenrelle's space so I can poke Lamm with my glaive. I'm not really useful except as a reaction bot when I'm out of melee range. Additionally, not sure how many actions all of this will take. Stride > to get to the shield, Interact > to pick it up, and Stride > back. If I can split the first Stride between actions, I think I'm good, otherwise I won't be doing anything useful this turn. Please keep your shield on you at all times. :)

Talindra looks for Billi's shield as requested, grabs it for him, wishes Shelyn favored a one-handed weapon so she could use one as well, and brings it to him. There's a momentary pause in her movement as she, too, is caught out by the bluff, but realizes that it's for the greater good, so she doesn't challenge it.


Female Human Cleric (Cloistered) - 3 (HP 35/35) (Hero Point Spent) (Hero P gained)

Feel free to swap spots with LEn if need be! space wise.


Gaedren's Playground - Round 5 - continued

"I am of little use with the locked door without my lockpicks," Ioca says with his palms upturned and a look of helpless frustration on his face. "They broke when we first entered. Damn the bad luck!" He kneels alongside Perivolt to administer some level of care to the unconscious children.

Talindra moves back outside, and grabs Billi's dropped shield, and then brings it to the others gathered outside Lamm's locked door.

Sable tries subterfuge first, using her years of experience getting men to do her bidding, she spins a wishful story and holds her breath, hopeful to gain easy entry to where the old crime boss is holed up.

"Ha!" he laughs in a weak, reedy voice. "Your lies aren't going to work on my, sweet thing! But I admire the attempt. P'haps you ought to join me, eh? You could really go far with those honeyed words!" A coughing spasm takes the man for a few moments. Then he says, "No! You're going to have to come in here and git me. I have my secret weapon still alongside, and you'd all best just pack up and go home 'fore I have to use it."

After hearing his rebuttal, Perivolt stands and loads his crossbow, with some angry words and threats for the man who hurt his dear half-brother.

Billi also calls out to Lamm, but his words have no visible effect.

Billi, Intimidate is a skill, not an action. Coercing a foe can't be done in combat, as it takes minutes to achieve. If you are trying to Demoralize him, you can't see the effectiveness anyway. Lenrelle, you can act if you wish before the round resets.


Gaedren's Playground - Round 6

Inspire Courage is active (last round of lingering performance)

26 Lamm
25 Ioca (9/16hp remaining)
21 Billi (17/23hp remaining)
14 Lenrelle (9/17hp remaining)
13 Sable (14/17 hp remaining)
13 Talindra (13/19hp remaining)
7 Perivolt (12/15hp remain)

From behind the locked door, you hear the sound of something heavy being dragged and then some fairly heavy breathing from exertion.

The party may act.


Female Human Bard (Maestro) 3

"Your turn Billi." Sable says as she holds her sword ready.

I'll ready an attack if Billi brings the door down and I can see Lamm.


Dwarf Fighter 3 HP 49/49 | Harrow 0/1 | AC 21 (23 with shield raised) | F +10 R +7 W +9 | +2 Init/Perc +9 | Axe +11 1d8 +4 S | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None Exploration: Search 7gp owed Sable

While inspired, Billi uses his axe to rip into the door.
damage: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d12 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Female Human Cleric (Cloistered) - 3 (HP 35/35) (Hero Point Spent) (Hero P gained)

(Round 5 actions)
Lenrelle doesn't know what this secret weapon is but she decides to prepare one of her allies for it. The nearest ally? Talindra!

Protection spell, 2 actions. Against Evil-The target gains a +1 status bonus to Armor Class and saving throws against creatures and effects of the chosen alignment (Evil in this case). This bonus increases to +3 against effects from such creatures that would directly control the target and against attacks made by summoned creatures of the chosen alignment.

Then? She moves the nearest child that is downed to make sure they are still alive! "I have to help the children and get them further away in case this 'secret weapon' can reach them" She mutters to the Champion and moves.
3rd action, 25 ft move to the nearest downed child.


Gaedren's Playground - Round 6 - continued

Before: Lenrelle moves over to the children, checking on their health status, and dragging them away from where Lamm is holed up. Both children seem to be alive, if unconscious. The healer cannot see any permanent injuries, at least not physically.

Billi brutally assaults the door, his axe blows inspired by the last of Sable's performance. The first blow is glancing, but the second one breaks the door, which still bars the way, just won't work properly. Summoning all his strenght, the dwarven warrior take one final blow, and bursts the wooden door into splinters, allowing unfettered access to the room beyond.

From the small room, Lamm fires a crossbow bolt at the dwarf. The bolt wings Billi, for just mild damage. The man looks desperate, like a cornered wolf. But he simply reloads, with a foul grimace on his face.

The door is open. Only Billi has acted this round. He is hit for 2hp dmg, which makes him at 15/23hp. Rest of the party is up.

Lamm crossbow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Piercing DMg vs Billi: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Female Human Bard (Maestro) 3

Spinning past Billi with an artistic flair, Sable moves into the room and swings at Lamm.

Action 1, Inspire Courage, action 2, move, action 3, Strike.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


22/22 HP | 1/1 FP

Perivolt moves into position to cover the team assaulting the door. He's pretty sure he won't be able to get a shot off, but if a secret weapon or more thugs arrive, he should be in a spot to respond.

Stride > Ready to Attack >>


Dwarf Fighter 3 HP 49/49 | Harrow 0/1 | AC 21 (23 with shield raised) | F +10 R +7 W +9 | +2 Init/Perc +9 | Axe +11 1d8 +4 S | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None Exploration: Search 7gp owed Sable

Billi saw that the paladin needed his spot to get a good attack and moved to engage Lamm and cut off his options.

If it is ok to jump ahead, sudden charge (40' move+strike) >> strike >

Billi moves around to flank with Sable charging with uncommon speed.

2H axe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 181d12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
2H axe MAP: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 5 = 101d12 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

If AoO:
Billi has no shield, so he will AoO if manipulate or stride axe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d12 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Radiant Oath

NG female (she/her) Whisper Elf Champion 3 HP 29/45 | AC 19 | F +10 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 | Glaive +9 1d8 +3 S | Spell Atk +7 DC 14 Spd 30 | Focus 0/1 | Active Conditions: Grabbed, constricted | Hero Points: 1

Talindra strides > a bit to the north, in front of the door (to give Ioca room to get in and have fun should he care to), stares at her lover's murderer. She takes comfort and solace in the Protection afforded her by Sarenrae, but the wounds are raw. The pain, the tears, the ruined dreams, they all flash before her eyes. The long life of happiness, of love, of creation... destroyed. Forever. Talindra found where she belonged in this scary, lonely world... but Lamm took that from her.

Every step of her training, her relationship, with Shelyn, has been about forgiveness, about redemption. From the very first moment when Elora encouraged her to keep going with her first artistic project for the goddess, her life in the church has been about redemption. It is the most important thing, foundational for love and thus for art. For decades, Talindra has been a paragon of forgiveness.

Not. Tonight.

She takes a breath. The emotions come out all at once, her piercing soprano scream filling the small room and echoing under the fishery. There aren't even any words. She thrusts her glaive with every iota of her being at the monster who has ruined so many lives.

Strike >: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Strike >: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Human Cleric (Cloistered) - 3 (HP 35/35) (Hero Point Spent) (Hero P gained)

Lenrelle seeing the children are okay, at least physically One can only imagine the.. no, best not to imagine what they've been through right now.

She moves back, and taps Talindra again...
Action One Stride. Action two Guidance on Talindra.

And draws her scimitar Action 3


Gaedren's Playground - Round 6 - concluded

Sable leaps into the breach created by Billi's chopping axe. She immediately pauses to inspire her allies (and herself), then plunges her rapier right after the old crime boss. Unfortunately, Lamm is quicker than he appears, even in his old age, and he shifts out of the way of the attack, with a wry smile.

Perivolt stands back, watching and waiting, looking for the right opportunity to blast away at Lamm should the need arise.

Talindra has a moment of internal debate about the killing of Lamm, but eventually her desire for vengeance takes over, and she stabs at the man who ruined her life from a distance. Her desire to kill the author of her misery is great, but it affects her attacks, which miss, one barely grazing the man's armor.

Misses even with inspiration added. Sorry

Lenrelle gets up from beside the unconscious children, and moves to aid the champion in her quest for vengeance. Then she draws her own weapon, the blade of Sarenrae, which she barely uses.

After being reassured that his sister is still living, Ioca rises red-faced and angry. He runs at full speed to where Lamm stands in a small dingy room. "This is fitting place for you to die, you old bastard!" he cries "Maybe its too good even for that!" While Ioca seems out of control, his first attack is merely a feint, designed to get Lamm to react. It works, and Lamm is flat-footed but even the follow up attack cannot damage him.

End of Round 6

The final battle is just a series of missed attacks, it seems. Btw, there is no 'secret weapon' visible, just more of the old man's bullshit. Let's see what happens next.

Ioca Deception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Ioca rapier vs flat-footed, inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15


Gaedren's Playground - Round 7

Inspire Courage is active until Sable's turn

21 Billi (17/23hp remaining)
26 Lamm
14 Lenrelle (9/17hp remaining)
13 Sable (14/17 hp remaining)
13 Talindra (13/19hp remaining)
7 Perivolt (12/15hp remain)
25 Ioca (9/16hp remaining)

Billi shoulders his way into the room, brushing past Lamm and chops lustily at the target of his hatred. But again the emotion makes for hasty swings, and the old but still mobile Lamm avoids any damage.

Lamm tosses aside his hand crossbow. "Can't say I didn't go down without a fight! I'll take at least one of you with me." he cries, spittle flying from his wrinkled mouth. He draws out a jeweled dagger, and stabs it at Ioca, who seems to be the most injured. The old bandit successes in burying his dagger in Ioca's chest twice, and the hero falls unconscious at this feet in a heap. Lamm then steps into the corner of the room, ready to defend himself as best he can.

Ioca is at 0hp, and has the dying 1 condition. Besides Billi, all the rest are up this round. Billi will lead off the next round, and can post for that time, if he wishes.

Lamm dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Lamm Dagger, agile 2nd attack: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 4 = 18
Piercing dmg to Ioca, 2 hits: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10

Radiant Oath

NG female (she/her) Whisper Elf Champion 3 HP 29/45 | AC 19 | F +10 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 | Glaive +9 1d8 +3 S | Spell Atk +7 DC 14 Spd 30 | Focus 0/1 | Active Conditions: Grabbed, constricted | Hero Points: 1

Not so fast, Lamm. Glimpse of Redemption! It looks like both attacks are the same damage, so I'll use it on the first. This affords Ioca (and everyone else) the greatest protection possible, should Lamm choose the enfeebled option.


Oh no! I forgot again....Will retcon a bit then.

As the first blade is about to plunge into Ioca's belly, Talindra's words pause Lammm's blades, and even this evil man has a moment of remorse, and the blade halts. Quickly the moment is over, and the second strike hits Ioca anyway, but with just one blow, the rogue is still upright and in the mix.

Ioca takes only 5hp dmg and is at 4hp remaining. And Glimpse of Redemption remains undefeated. Most of the party is still up.


Female Human Bard (Maestro) 3

Sable doesn't banter with Lamm; she simply moves forward, humming an upbeat ditty, and swings her sword at him.

Inspire, Step, and Strike are the actions.

Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Fighter 3 HP 49/49 | Harrow 0/1 | AC 21 (23 with shield raised) | F +10 R +7 W +9 | +2 Init/Perc +9 | Axe +11 1d8 +4 S | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None Exploration: Search 7gp owed Sable

Billi waits for all his companions to attack Lamm as he was tired from swinging his axe, but the head of the Shiver ring and abuser of children was before him. Lamm was impressive as he dodged an axe blow that would have hit many dwarves.

He had left his shield in the doorway, as Talindra had proven so capable of protecting them again and again. Once more he watched a connection between the holy warrior and their enemy that revealed the very soul of their corruption and stayed another dangerous blow.

Billi had hoped by leaving his shield he would have earned the wrath of the evil man, but Lamm was going after the wiry and quick man that had opened the door to let them in this lair.

Billi changes it up with diagonal swings trying to get past Lamm's guard.
Stike x3 Billi should be at 11/23 hp in hands 2h grip axe (still more hp than Ioca)
2H axe 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
2H axe 2: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 5 = 141d12 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
2H axe 3: 1d20 + 10 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 10 = 161d12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
His last blow was starting to look true, but the ungainly axe had deviated wide from his mark after two hefty swings beforehand.

Radiant Oath

NG female (she/her) Whisper Elf Champion 3 HP 29/45 | AC 19 | F +10 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 | Glaive +9 1d8 +3 S | Spell Atk +7 DC 14 Spd 30 | Focus 0/1 | Active Conditions: Grabbed, constricted | Hero Points: 1

Images of the young Ioca flash in Talindra's sight for a moment, images of him becoming Lamm's latest victim. She wills the image out of her mind and he fails at his task... for now. Still, her duty is keeping her friends safe, even as the emotions come out. She Steps > into the room, and focuses all her energy, all her rage, on ending this threat to not just Korvosa but Golarion more broadly. She doesn't stop to think about whether what she's doing is just. She doesn't stop to think about redemption, about forgiveness. Lamm was given that choice, many times, and he has forsaken his chance as surely as he has forsaken his life. She could almost pity him: miserable, decrepit, broken, living in squalor. Too bad pity isn't enough.

Strike >: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 A hit, hopefully?
Strike >: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Female Human Cleric (Cloistered) - 3 (HP 35/35) (Hero Point Spent) (Hero P gained)

If Lenrelle can move forward and take her own shot, she will...
if only to draw attention away from Ioca who cannot take another hit like that.

Stride to be in front of Ioca
She prays to her goddess, "Sarenrae, my goddess name, shrive my foe, and bless my aim."
Action 2, Guidance on herself.
Then she strikes with her scimitar hoping to help fell this monster.
Strike, inspiration included with guideance 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Dmg if that hits with inspiration: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Gaedren's Playground - Round 7 - continued

Sable doesn't trade barbs with Lamm. She does continue to inspire her allies, but then she wordlessly stabs the crime boss. Hitting him in the flank, and drawing first blood from him.

Talindra steps up, still reaching with her glaive, but she also scores one slashing hit on Lamm, blood welling into his stained clothing, from a gash across his belly.

Ioca tries the same tactics this round, feinting, then stabbing at the old man. This time, his trick works, and Lamm ends up wtih another wound, made even worse since he was off-guard against it. Ioca than backs away, giving Lenrelle a shot at the old gangster.

Lenrelle gives herself a generous blessing, then attacks in melee, not her strong suit. Even with the divine guidance, she cannot score a hit this time.

Just need an action from Perivolt to wrap up this round. Lamm has taken some hits now, at least. Will post Billi' actins when the round turns over.

Ioca feint: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Ioca rapier, vs flat-footed, inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Ioca dmg to Lamm: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Sneak dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4


22/22 HP | 1/1 FP

Perivolt rushes up to Ioca and offers the one potion of light healing he carries.

Stride > Retrieve potion > Offer potion >


Gaedren's Playground - Round 7 - concluded

Seeing how badly hurt Ioca is, Perivolt walks up, digging his magical healing potion from his kit, and hands it to the wounded rogue.

End of Round 7


Gaedren's Playground - Round 8

Inspire Courage is active until Sable's turn

21 Billi (17/23hp remaining)
26 Lamm (17hp dmg)
14 Lenrelle (9/17hp remaining)
13 Sable (14/17 hp remaining)
13 Talindra (13/19hp remaining)
7 Perivolt (12/15hp remain)
25 Ioca (3/16hp remaining)

Billi unleashes a flurry of blows against Lamm, but all of these strikes come up empty as the dwarf is blinded with rage, and the target is just too shifty.

Finding himself trapped in the corner, Lamm looks around balefully at the heroes surrounding him. "Don't suppose I can talk my way out of this, can I?" as he says those words he leaps on Lenrelle striking with his dagger, sinking it deep into her chest. Even with the Glimpse of Redemption from Talindra, the cleric falls, bleeding out from a chest wound.

Lamm, now weakened, stabs at Sable as well. But this time, his weakened attack, while aimed true, cannot break the skin of the bardic dancer. After that miss, he aims to move out of this corner, stepping over Lenrelle's fallen form, and into the opposite side of the room.

Lots to unpack here. Lenrelle takes a critical hit. Even with the reaction, she goes down. Lamm gets the enfeebled 2 condition, which makes him just miss Sable. He moves, but Billi may have a reaction to attack him as he does. Otherwise, Lenrelle needs a death save and the rest of the party (except Billi) is up.

Lamm dagger vs Lenrelle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Critical
Lamm dagger vs Sable, 2nd strike, enfeebled: 1d20 + 11 - 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 5 - 2 = 16
piercing dmg to Lenrelle, critical: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 = 14


Dwarf Fighter 3 HP 49/49 | Harrow 0/1 | AC 21 (23 with shield raised) | F +10 R +7 W +9 | +2 Init/Perc +9 | Axe +11 1d8 +4 S | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None Exploration: Search 7gp owed Sable

Billi reacts with yet another swing as Lamm bounds past him. He is accomplished with the axe, but his attention is distracted as their primary source of healing goes down with another devastating cut by the wily man.
reaction axe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d12 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Gaedren's Playground - Round 7 - continued

Billi sees Lamm ready to flee, and lines up a sure fire hit aginst the fleeing old man, but Lamm reacts to his attack, by nimbly sidestepping it even from behind, and the dwarf gets nothing but the wood plank floor instead.

Sorry, his reaction boosts his AC enough to make that reaction attack a miss. Everyone but Billi is up.

EDIT: Actually, Lenrelle will move in initiative to just before Lamm, so she does not need a dying save yet, she is dying 1. She needs a DC 11 flat check to recover or go to dying 2.


Female Human Bard (Maestro) 3

So, Lamm is in the corner between Sable and Talindra now? You said he moved to the opposite corner of the room, so that would put him there, correct?

Sable's eyes widen as she sees Lenrelle fall. Her song shifts to something angry and dark, and she tries to bring Lamm down in more ways than one.

Inspire, Trip, and Strike are Sable's actions for this round.

Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Strike: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Oh! Crit on the trip, so he takes damage. I don't know if the +1 from Inspire triggers, so I will not add it to the roll.

Trip damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Radiant Oath

NG female (she/her) Whisper Elf Champion 3 HP 29/45 | AC 19 | F +10 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 | Glaive +9 1d8 +3 S | Spell Atk +7 DC 14 Spd 30 | Focus 0/1 | Active Conditions: Grabbed, constricted | Hero Points: 1

"Not her, damn you! She was the best of us, she wouldn't hurt a soul!" Tears cloud her vision, but still she strikes with all the vehemence she can muster.

Lamm kebabs >: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Lamm kebabs >>: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Lamm kebabs >>: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

I could not possibly care one bit less if Lamm gets an attack of opportunity on me; go right ahead.


Yes, I had not moved Lamm's token pending the reaction from Billi, but it is now in the proper square. Had noted his movement with arrows.

Gaedren's Playground - Round 7 - continued

Sable inspiration evokes anger and death but still inspires her allies as Lenrelle falls. She then leans into the old man as he moves to the square behind her, pushing him over her leg and knocking him forcefully to the ground. Once her target is on the ground, Sable stabs at him with her rapier, but the old man parries her attack with her dagger, and no harm comes from it.

Ioca takes the healing potion from Perivolt, but rather than take it himself, he dips back into the room to see Lamm prone on the ground. He gets to the rear, kneels down and applies the healing potion to Lenrelle's still form. He then stands again, and helps her to her feet. "Take some healing for once, princess." he murmurs with a wry smile.

Healing Potion for Lenrelle: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Still looking for actions from Talindra and Perivolt. Lenrelle is no longer dying 1, but her turn comes later now.

Radiant Oath

NG female (she/her) Whisper Elf Champion 3 HP 29/45 | AC 19 | F +10 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 | Glaive +9 1d8 +3 S | Spell Atk +7 DC 14 Spd 30 | Focus 0/1 | Active Conditions: Grabbed, constricted | Hero Points: 1

Just like your favorite bending robot, I want a do-over! I can still edit my post, so I'll do that.


22/22 HP | 1/1 FP

Seeing Ioca rush in with the potion, Perivolt looks through the door to see Lenrelle being administered aid while Lamm still manages to fend off his new comrades’ attacks.

The wizard looks over at the still form of his young brother. A coldness spreads through him, unlike the others, no fire or rage. Instead the emotion drains from him entirely…only to be filled with power. Arcane power. It floods his very being and threatens to overwhelm his consciousness. Perivolt feels the urge to save himself as he always does. He must change it, force it to manifest as something else in order to keep the energy from tearing his essence to pieces.

He shapes the power into something which he is familiar, the energy with which he felt the most kinship. It builds for a moment in front of Perivolt in the form of a sphere sparking bolts of electricity in every direction across its surface. Then, with a simple snap of his fingers, Perivolt sends the sphere towards the prone old man who had ruined the lives of almost everyone here and so many others.

Full round cast of Horizon Thunder Sphere

Ball lightning!: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Electric damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6) = 17 Half damage on failure = 8

Damn, good thing I went for full turn cast. :/


Gaedren's Playground - Round 7 - concluded

Talindra thinks about giving first aid to the cleric, but she sees Ioca helping, and goes on the offensive instead. She slashes at the prone Lamm, and is able to score one hit, hurting the wounded old man.

From the doorway, Perivolt conjures forth an orb of sparking electrical energy which sends a bolt that does damage to Lamm, if only partially the effect the caster expected.

Lamm takes more damage and is prone, though apparently still hard to hit. Maybe Round 8 will be the last round?


Gaedren's Playground - Round 9

Inspire Courage is active until Sable's turn

21 Billi (17/23hp remaining)
14 Lenrelle (1/17hp remaining; wounded 1; prone)
26 Lamm (34hp dmg; prone)
13 Sable (14/17 hp remaining)
13 Talindra (13/19hp remaining)
7 Perivolt (12/15hp remain)
25 Ioca (3/16hp remaining)

Billi and Lenrelle are up. She is prone. Billi cannot get to Lamm at present, but he can stand in Lenrelle's square, if she does not get up.


Dwarf Fighter 3 HP 49/49 | Harrow 0/1 | AC 21 (23 with shield raised) | F +10 R +7 W +9 | +2 Init/Perc +9 | Axe +11 1d8 +4 S | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None Exploration: Search 7gp owed Sable

Billi moves to stand protectively over the still injured cleric. He hope to finally hit the elusive bandit for the first time.
If Lenrelle allows stride to her space > Strike > Strike >

2H axe: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 171d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
2H axe: 1d20 + 9 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 5 + 1 = 171d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17


Female Human Cleric (Cloistered) - 3 (HP 35/35) (Hero Point Spent) (Hero P gained)

Everything is a blur, Lenrelle remembers a blade plunging into her, a part of her clinically considers just what blood vessels were severed by the rather amazing blow.

It went black, she expected to meet her goddess. Some conjecture your life flashes before your eyes as you die, but Lenrelle had odd music playing, notes gaining almost visible ebony form and trip trip tripping some kind of ghoul with the names of dozens of children etched in it's flesh as if claiming each name. The ghoul slipped....tumbling. Lenrelle imagined an angry angel sheathed in songbird fathers singing an aria of outrage and wielding a sword of light. A commanding hand snapped it's fingers and a storm came at the beckoning. A shadow slipped up and pressed something to her lips whispering kindness under the din. Then there was the tarnished helm, well, it was smudged at first, but then it began to shine as if coming to high polish cleansed by effort and noble luster underneath. The helm covered her while the shadow fed her and...

the dream ended, and she was awake. Weak as hell, the taste of the potion on her lips. I'm alive? Praise Sarenrae. Why is a dwarf on top of me? A glance back Oh. No time for self recrimination, Lenrelle crawls away from Lamm, grateful for the help she's gifted with.

Action one, Crawl 5.

She's not far away enough if Lamm really wants to after her, but is there any place safe to get to if the bastard really wants her dead? And what if he downs another ? Her healing is spent. She has nothing of the grace of Sarenrae. Time to try her goddess' judgement instead.

Still prone, she calls out, "Sarenrae's light strike and take you, monster who steals names and futures and hope from the still newly sained and youthful alike!"

Two actions to cast Divine Lance on Lamm.
Ranged attack roll against his AC 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Dmg if that hits should be: 1d4 ⇒ 4 (+4 I think)


Gaedren's Playground - Round 9 -concluded

Still a bit confused by her episode of unconsciousness, Lenrelle makes a big speech, but her divine attack against Lamm is unsuccessful. Barely able, she crawls to the empty space left by Billi, who now stands above her.

Billi, with a desperate sense of urgency to end this before more people get hurt, leaps over the crawling cleric, and delivers a pair of axe-blows to the prone Lamm. Half-expecting the crafty old rogue to dodge him, he is surprised when both strikes connect. And he is satisfied at Lamm's stillness. It seems after all that trouble, the old bastard is finally dead!

End of Combat

Woo-Hoo! Finally the fighting is done (for now). You still have some looking around to do in this small room, and in the bigger one, and lots of wounds to heal if you choose. Out of rounds, let me know what you do next.


Dwarf Fighter 3 HP 49/49 | Harrow 0/1 | AC 21 (23 with shield raised) | F +10 R +7 W +9 | +2 Init/Perc +9 | Axe +11 1d8 +4 S | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None Exploration: Search 7gp owed Sable

Billi finished his blows and sank to his knees in total exhaustion. Sweat and blood profusely soaking through his clothes as he felt emotionally drained of all he had to give. His arms started to shake as the exhaustion of cleaving through two doors and the elusive Lamm were evident on the stout fighter. He looked at the axe he had gripped so tight that parts of his calloused hands still remained on the handle and then at his chafed hands.

With a supreme effort he managed to avoid tears until he glanced at Lenrelle barely hanging onto life.

He looks at Sable with a look of appreciation. "Without your inspiring words, I don't think I coulda kept on."

He regains his composure and says solemnly to the other victorious heroes remaining on his knees: "Billi Hardstone, forever and humbly at your service."

Billi realized pride was a reason he became addicted to Shiver. He believed no dwarf can succumb to a drug, a substance. In a moment that he expected to feel proud, an overwhelming sense of satisfaction and humility infused his being.

The juggler and the paladin, his Harrow cards seemed to suddenly make sense. He managed to juggle his own weaknesses, especially the squeeze through the door, to do something completely righteous.


Female Human Bard (Maestro) 3

Sable leans back against the wall, the bard looking tired all of a sudden. She glanced at Lenrelle, who was up. Sable has no skills with treating wounds but was sure Lenrelle and Talindra could handle that.

"I'm glad I could help, Billi, but I think you would have managed, and it seems like we all made it through this. I wasn't expecting my night to be like this after work this afternoon."

Sable cleans her sword off on Lamm's clothes and puts it away. She wants to go home, get in the bath, and sleep. But there's still more to do, and practicality wins out. Others are better suited for first aid, and while the children will need to be taken to safety soon, there could be things to find here.

She moves to Lamm and starts to rifle the man, looking for anything of use or value, and then will toss his small room as well, even if the more holy members of the little team look askance at her.

Sable will start to search Lamm and then the small room.


Female Human Cleric (Cloistered) - 3 (HP 35/35) (Hero Point Spent) (Hero P gained)

"You did it, Billi. These children are safter now, or will be when we get them out of here..." A look at Lamm's corpse, "Forgive me, but I want.. I want to take Lamm up to some place he can be buried on consecreted ground, or burned with ceremony. He was a spiteful evil man, and I know it sounds foolish, but I want no chance of him coming back beyond death. Let him go to his fate at the boneyard. In death, I can let go of my loathing for the wretch. But the important thing is the children.. We need to get them all back to safety" She feels a bit delirious Blood loss. She thinks I've probably lost enough to fill up a whole gnome.

Radiant Oath

NG female (she/her) Whisper Elf Champion 3 HP 29/45 | AC 19 | F +10 R +5 W +8 | Perc +6 | Glaive +9 1d8 +3 S | Spell Atk +7 DC 14 Spd 30 | Focus 0/1 | Active Conditions: Grabbed, constricted | Hero Points: 1

Talindra... breathes, almost panting. She kneels on the cold wooden floor near Lenrelle. "It's done. He won't hurt anyone else ever again." A sigh, and she gently takes Lenrelle's hands in her own. "You're right, of course. About everything. About burying the monster, about the children. But we need to take care of you, too. And everyone else, of course." She raises her glance at the rest of the group, her new companions, her new friends, eyes wide and pleading. "Thank you. All--"her voice cracks as she chokes back sobs and sniffles"--all of you. Thank you." Then, to Lenrelle, "How about we get out of Sable's way and take a few moments to offer some gratitude, clear our heads? Our spirits need healing before we can heal the bodily harms."

In case it wasn't clear, I'm suggesting Lenrelle and I offer some prayers / meditation to Refocus and then start healing everyone up. I don't want to risk a critical failure on Treat Wounds with Lenrelle at 1 HP, but once she's in better shape we can alternate between that and our focus spells.


"If you are healing," Ioca says in solemn voice, "Please tend to the little ones in the other room before me. I am hurt, but have had worse. They, I fear, are close to death." He moves to the outer room to start looking at things the thug had on his person and for any other things in that room.

The champion and cleric begin their own version of meditation and focus, one attempting to treat wounds on the other, while they work on spell craft.

You can each make a Treat Wounds check on the other, and restore your Focus spells, while the others are either recovering, or searching the rooms.

Now with some time to recover, you look about the surroundings grimly. The room is foul-smelling, a mixture of body odor, dead fish, rotting foodstuffs, moldy tobacco, and who knows what else. The small room is clearly a combination bedroom and study. A wooden bed with a lumpy mattress stands on the east wall, while a round table heaped with dirty plates, bread crusts, stained goblets, fruit rinds, and scuttling cockroaches sits nearby. At the foot of the bed sits a large iron strongbox with a slightly rusted lock securing it. A moldy ledger with pages rippled with moisture sits atop the lid. A sagging dresser filled with moth-eaten clothes well past their glory days is one corner. What appears to be a wooden hatbox surrounded by a small cloud of flies sits atop this old dresser.

Sable looks over the pallid and cooling corpse of the man they had all hated with distaste. She finds a small quiver with about 12 crossbow bolts remaining, a fancy and oddly key-shaped dagger, he wears some soiled but serviceable padded leather armor, and there are two keys on his person. One is brass and shiny, and the other is iron and rusty. His hand crossbow lies nearby where he discarded it during the fight.


Female Human Bard (Maestro) 3

"No. We leave them.". Sable says.

"If we take Lamm, then we have to take the other four, too. After all, if Lamm is worthy of burial, so are they. We also have six kids to get to safety, and we still do not know what's happening up there." She points up as if meaning the in the city itself.

"Once everyone is safe, send people from one of your temples to gather bodies for burial if you must, but we don't have the ability to safely get ourselves and corpses and children to safety at the same time.

As she speaks, Sable lays down the loot in an easy-to-see pile. "We have his crossbow, two keys, and a dagger that looks like a key as well. Maybe his armor, but I'm not taking it off him. I'm sure one of the keys will fit the strongbox. Does anyone mind if I try?

Sable will also recover the acid flask she dropped on the way to Lamm earlier.


Dwarf Fighter 3 HP 49/49 | Harrow 0/1 | AC 21 (23 with shield raised) | F +10 R +7 W +9 | +2 Init/Perc +9 | Axe +11 1d8 +4 S | Spd 20 | Active Conditions: None Exploration: Search 7gp owed Sable

Billi helps with the medical treatment by treating himself with a borrowed medical kit.
treat wounds self trained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
for 2d8 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

He removes Lamm's armor and puts it in his pack with the chain armor and slings his neglected shield over his back.

"Let's treat everyone we can and search this place well. Lamm may have a hidden hidey hole somewhere, he sounds like that kinda person."

Billi moves to the children and makes sure they do not need any immediate treatment.

medical check, not a treat, on the children: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Human Cleric (Cloistered) - 3 (HP 35/35) (Hero Point Spent) (Hero P gained)

She gives Talindra a hug, "You give too much credit to me. You were amazing. And you've shielded so many of us. I'll join you in prayer shortly..."

Then Sable brings up some VERY good points.

Lenrelle feels guilty, of course the others would be worthy of a burial too. She prays over Lamm's body, "I forgive you in death as you refused to be forgiven in life. If there is anything good in you, may it be noted in the boneyard and the evil about it torn away. May your soul face it's punishment and then, having done so, know peace."

Then she looks over at Billi tending himself and nods at his pragmatism "We should tend to the children, you're right, they're the priority. I 'm no good like this though. "

Carefully she takes out her own tools, and then casting guidance on herself with a soft prayer, begins to work. Cutting slightly at her own flesh to ease jagged edges, then the cleanser, then finally the bandage.

Guidance to get a +1. Going for DC 15.

Roll to treat wounds 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Thank GOODNESS for Guidance! Amount healed 2d8 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Feeling less of a weak link, the priestess seems to pay the pile of goods little attention "I leave the splitting of the goods from them to you good people. I am grateful for my fair share but trust you to tell me what that is. If we find any healing potions or magics on any of them though, well, clearly that could be a good find though I doubt they had it or they'd used it on themselves in the the battle."

She is on her way to the children when she pauses to glance at the ledger.


Billi will have to wait a few minutes to use the healing kit, but looks like he gets back to full HP.

Sable tries the two keys in the strongbox and is not terribly surprised when one of them, the rusty iron one, fits and unlocks the box. Inside, there are a variety of items, the treasures from Lamm's thieves' network. Each items is wrapped carefully in cloth and tied with twine. Careful unpacking reveals:

-a narrow teak cigar case worth 10gp
-a gold ingot bearing the Cheliax coat of arms worth 100gp
-a miniature gold crown worth 50gp
-a fist-sized scrimshaw carving of a kraken with garnets for eyes worth 20gp
- a silver ring bearing the inscription "For Emmah, the light of my nights worth 20gp
- a highly realistic and highly scandalous ivory figurine of two entwined succubi worth 45 gp
- an abalone-shell holy symbol of Shelyn worth 35gp
- an obsidian wand
- a thin vial holding an oily green liquid
- a crystal vial of silversheen
- and, a bejeweled brooch with a broken clasp.

Even to the untrained eye, the brooch is the most valuable item here. It is circular and made of gold depicting a house drake and an imp coiled around each other in almost a yin-yang pattern. The pseudodragon's eye is an amethyst while the devil's eye is an emerald. It is probably worth more than 1000gp!

Society DC 15:
You know this symbol is from the house of Queen Ileosa, the young Chelaxian wife of the old King Eodred II. You have heard she lost something recently of very expensive make, and that the Korvosan Guard have been out looking for a fine piece of jewelry. This could be that item.


22/22 HP | 1/1 FP

As Billi's final stroke severs something important in the jaundiced old man's body, Perivolt feels like he can see Gaedran Lamm's soul detach from his physical form. With it, the stress of fear and emotional pain drains out of the wizard's body. The adrenaline seeps away, and he once again feels empty but without the rush of power following. For a second his vision swims, and Perviolt feels weak. He sways slightly until he's forced to take a balancing step.

Something's under his boot. It jolts him back enough to steady his trembling body. He lifts his foot and sees a piece of bone. The shape of it is like the eye socket in a skull. He'd seen many skulls during courses at the Acadamae, but this one was too...small. A child's...? Perivolt's mind tries to reject what he sees before him violently.

The wizard gasps as he realizes why the children were on chains hovering over a pool with a carnivorous reptile. If we had been even ten minutes later...! The piece of skull grows until it's all Perivolt sees and the thought of his brother being lowered to become the reptile's meal makes his stomach churn.

He spins towards the edge of the planking and falls to his knees as what little he's eaten is ejected into the water. Nausea is soon erased however, as concern for Graykos suddenly overrides his thoughts. Perivolt leaps up and rushes back to his brother. He falls to his knees again and cradles the boy, rocking back and forth while tears stream down his face. He murmurs into the boy's hair. "You're safe now, Gray. Big brother Peri's here. He can't hurt you anymore."

Perivoly is largely unaware of what the others are doing stares blankly as the two women approach to help offer first aid. He clutches Graykos trying to protect him while uncomprehendingly staring at Lenrelle and Talindra's hands. It takes a moment for him to process the words they speak, but eventually he realizes what they are offering and allows them to tend to his brother. He hovers nearby nervously until he catches Ioca's eye as the greasy man circles around his own sister as well worry etched into the rogue's face.

What pain and torment we have suffered at the hands of this man and his companions...Oh, great Pharasma, I beseech you. Do not easily forgive these transgressions!


Female Human Cleric (Cloistered) - 3 (HP 35/35) (Hero Point Spent) (Hero P gained)

Society: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The broach is lovely, but it means little else to the priestess. Far more precious is a reunion of family.


Ioca looks through the heaps of "treasure" in the bigger room but comes back frustrated. "it's all junk. Costume jewelry, flatware, chipped dishes, whatever the Lambs brought back that wasn't valuable or sellable it appears. Did find these though..." He holds out a small tray with 7 doses of vermin repellent in small vials. "Oh and this..." He holds a darkwood box, about the size of a shoebox, that has 20 small pouches that Billi recognizes immediately, each with a small stylized S inked on the front. There are 20 doses of shiver inside the box. "I'd have thrown it in the river as soon as shown you, but there is some street value to this stuff if you want to sell it." He looks at the rest of the group with a shrug of his shoulders.

The darkwood box itself is worth 25gp. The shiver is worth about 10gp per dose with 20 doses.

451 to 500 of 948 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne for PF2 ed - by DM Doctor Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.