[AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 2 - LORDS OF RUST

Current map
Treasure sheet

Iron Gods Player's Guide
Torch's Gazetteer - Torch's map

Scrapworth: 9
- Entering Scrapwall without a fight: 1
- Defeating the Smilers: 1
- Defeating Birdfood: 1
- Letting Birdfood's orcs escape with word of your deeds: 1
- Truce with the Steel Hawks: 1
- Allying Redtooh: 1
- Defeating manticore: 1
- Removing the wreck haunt: 1
- Blasting the receiver array: 1


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,268 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 5

"It might be a good idea to rest a bit. I could refresh my elixers before pressing on to gather the explosives for the ugly white bowl. More better healing."

Is Zzvkgrogk able to use Gunsmithing to repair timeworn devices given an appropriate lab?


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

Rhoreen will wear the unwanted ring for the time being. [ooc]Please keep on the to-sell list.[/ooc[

”Not just rest, but celebration too. I think we’ve earned it. Let’s do that,” Rhoreen agrees with Yambul. ”Let’s group and plan what’s next.”


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

You get out of the manticore cave after a good while finding and sorting out your new treasures. Carefully avoiding the nest coils, although there are a few scratches here and there again, you climb down and get back to your scrap vehicles.

The most perceptive among you notice some movements atop the pile of scrap though. Three hunched-over figures with long, pliable arms like tentacles capped with five wide, spiny claws are skulking at your movements, probably attracted by the flash light you sent to the sky.

They do quickly attempt to hide themselves, most probably scared by your scrap-worth after seeing the dead manticore in the nest.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

K. dungeoneering DC 12:

These are chokers, the underground predators you have been told venerated Hellion on the area he first manifested. They seldom attack multiple enemies at once, stalking their quarry until they can isolate a weaker victim from its pack.

You know they are very good at grappling and strangling their victims and are unnaturally quick extra move action and constrict damage.


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

"What are those?" Rhoreen asks, her wand coming out again. "Did you all see those things? Any idea? Probably not friendly...but something."

"Not sure I like being followed like that."


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 5

Zzvkgrogk turns to look to late, having pulled out the map of Scrapwall.

"'K' is Manticore mound.'N' is where the ugly dish is, and 'O' is where the Haunted Canyon and the explosives are." He lowers his voice and whispers, "I heard there's a Haunted Crash site beyond the Haunted Canyon..." He taps on the very eastern edge of Scrapwall where the canyon narrows.

Rhoreen wrote:
"Did you all see those things? Any idea? Probably not friendly...but something."

"What, Thralls? Oh, no, we scared them off I guess. Let's leave them in the dust for now," he says, revving up the bike motor with the break on, kicking some sand up the mound with the rear tire."Let's head to Redtooth's."


Female Kasatha Monk 5 | AC 28 T 21 FF 22 | CMD 25 | HP 33/33 | F +5 R +7 W +9 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +13 | Advice 7/10 SF 4/6 Ki 6/7 | Active Status: --

"An audience, as expected." She squints at the figures in the distance.

KN Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"They look to be chokers, the creatures that used to be residents of the complex that housed the transmitter dish, before the Lords rose to power. Some seem to have survived, though luckily they don't look too eager to attack." She gets on her junkcycle "Though it'd likely be a different story if we were weak after the manticore attack. I understand they're quick opportunistic and prefer vulnerable prey."

"Let's continue before they come back with friends though."


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW
Rūha wrote:
"Let's continue before they come back with friends though."

"Then...shouldn't we take them down while they are weak? Shouldn't we make sure they can't harm others? Shouldn't we whittle them down while we have the chance?" Rhoreen asks, not just because she's usually at the back of the party and more vulnerable, but there might be others in town who need protection too.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul spots the slinking creatures before they hide and nods along with Rhoreen. ”Ugly. I figure everyone is watching us here - or will be. It’s too small a place to be anonymous. Everybody knows everybody else, and then there’s us.”

When Rüha provides context he smiles. "Good thing we're headed out then. I suppose they may take up residence there. We'll have to be careful if we come this way tomorrow."

He shrugs and tries to put it out of his mind. He’ll follow the others to head back to the clan tunnels. Getting the explosives feels a lot riskier than some of the fights they’ve been in so he’s happy to put it off another day. He hopes he doesn’t get blown up mishandling something or other.

He turns to Rhoreen, "Are they hostile, or just desperate? I don't feel like we need to kill everyone we meet. Unless they're gonna come for us of course." he adds conflicted.

Zzvkgrogk III wrote:
"What, Thralls? Oh, no, we scared them off I guess. Let's leave them in the dust for now," he says, revving up the bike motor with the break on, kicking some sand up the mound with the rear tire."Let's head to Redtooth's."

He gets on his vehicle and revs it up!

Ninja'd. Edited.


Elf Bookworm/5

Knowledge(Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"Their nature is evil. As Roo indicates, they're either scavengers or secondary predators, and either way, they're cruel things. We should take advantage of their curiosity, and better Redtooth's Reclamation of Scrapwall, as Rhoreen suggests."

Chaance nocks an arrow, and moves in the direction of the chokers. She turns to the others, beckoning them.

If they're within range, Chaance holds her attack, hoping the chokers are emboldened enough to close the distance more. They're not faster than us, but they do climb...


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

+1 Gravity Bow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 222d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
Chaance surprises the chokers with a well put arrow that lodges in the closest one shoulder.

The chokers quickly react disbanding while trying to hide themselves behind scrap cover. The manticore hunters are no joke.

Mounting back in the junkbikes you make a quick back to the Redtooth Warren, where you are received with initial surprise and then joyous cheers as they see the marks of the spikes in your skin and the creature mane in your hands.

The group will be invited to a great party of celebration for getting rid of such vicious creature while word of their Scrap-worth only makes but to raise!

You can go on with a day of soft activities and into a new morning without much hassle thanks to the ratfolk gang protection.


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

Rhoreen does enjoy her time and partying and resting. And, in the morning, she's ready for the next challenge.

"Shall we go gather those explosives now? Or something else?" She asks over breakfast, planning the day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 5

Zzvkgrogk pulls out the map of Scrapwall.

"'K' is Manticore mound.'N' is where the ugly dish is, and 'O' is where the Haunted Canyon and the explosives are." He lowers his voice and whispers, "I heard there's a Haunted Crash site beyond the Haunted Canyon..." He taps on the very eastern edge of Scrapwall where the canyon narrows.

”We could – instead of going over Manticore Mound through Redtooth’s Pass –” he points to K, ”we could head north and avoid the area where we know there are chokers. I heard that is where Scrapmaster’s Arena is. Beyond that is more unclaimed territory, then the Haunted Canyon and potential Crash Site where the explosives are.” He points to O. ” Then we can wend our way out toward the ugly white bowl. The advantage is more Scrapworth, the disadvantage is the unclaimed territory may now be claimed by Lords of Rust Orc soldiers and other Hellion fan boys. ”

”On the other hand, going over the pass we’ll get a chance to see the ugly white bowl up close” he points to N ”so we can potentially plan our strategy while we go off to gather explosives. The disadvantage – less Scrapworth. Either way though, we’re going to have to confront Kulga, Draigs, Helskarg and Nalakai at some point.”


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul enjoys the time off - his first in a while. He’d been working on a necklace, but it had been taking a while, and he spent the afternoon finishing it up and putting the polish on. He’s making it around the tiny short sword he acquired earlier. He really tries hard to make it good.
Craft Jewelry: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

He’s satisfied with the work - pleased that the finished product looked a bit like what was in his head when he started. I’m getting better at this. he muses as he works.

He quite looses track of time as he pushes forward a few other smaller projects in the time he has left before supper. In fact, he’s late for the evening meal, so caught up in his craft is he.

With a celebratory dinner under his belt, he enjoys the company during the evening. When it’s slow, he’ll peruse his book, but otherwise he yammers away with the others, meeting new people, and rats, and generally enjoying their company.

In the morning he’s ready early, another day without cooking, and eager to take on the dish. He listens to Zzvkgrogk’s suggestions and adds, ”I say we go north. More scrapworth is good. If we run into too much hassle that way, we can always back off and go over the southern pass, uh, Redtooth's Pass.”


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW
Zzvkgrogk III wrote:
Zzvkgrogk pulls out the map of Scrapwall.

Rhoreen crosses her arms and listens as Zzvkgrogk lays out what she thinks might work. This is her home turf nest, and was willing to let her decide what might be best. She prefers the first alternative.

"Let's go get our scrap. We've been handling it so far," Rhoreen smugs proudly. "Let them come take us if they can, but we should not back down."

After she speaks, she realizes she is agreeing with Yambul. She shrugs at the thought.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Bookworm/5

"If there's a possibility of chokers, then I say north is the best direction. Hunting the aberrations is my sole reason." Chaance organizes her arrows, taking inventory, especially of the bane. She is oblivious to her directional inaccuracy, distracted by thoughts of their recent encounter with the grey trio.

"If we're returning to the haunted grounds, I need to be better equipped. Or we need a better strategy."

Chaance does her best to rest in the confines of the warren, which is only another uncomfortable facet of Scrapwall en toto. She observes the mannerisms of her companions, and their respective abilities to adapt to their surrounds, and she is pleased.

Scrapwall is nowhere near a final destination. She understands Zzvkgrogk a little better, wanting to see something greater than, well, scraps. Their goal now should be to leave Scrapwall a better place than it was before their arrival. If they can eliminate the threat of Hellion, so much the better. If they can only neuter a god, so be it.


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

3d100 ⇒ (43, 1, 89) = 133
You mount on your bikes and receive farewell from the ratfolk gang as you head north into unclaimed territory. You spot a few bandits and scavengers here and there, but they seem to be just running through the scrap and look at you with total lack of interest as you cross the area.

When you reach the northern pass, you catch a look of the Arena. L
An enormous battlefield sprawls here—a fighting arena that measures several hundred feet in diameter, ringed by mounds of junk and refuse stacked in tiers for seating. The ring has an arched opening in its westernmost end to allow access to the arena, while against the eastern side, a large metallic structure akin to a squat tower protrudes from the hard-packed earth. A wooden stairway wraps around the tower’s sides, and a twenty-foot-tall stage protrudes from its western facade, overlooking the arena below.

It is early morning and the arena is completely empty, but you can imagine this is an awesome and cheerful place during the big events. Unless you stop here to investigate further, no one comes to receive you.

Following with your plan to investigate the eastern canyon, you keep going through unclaimed territory until when the mounds of scrap start to close up and only a straight is left for passage. In this area you do not spot the usual bandits and scavengers and quickly you understand why this area is so much abandoned. A thick mist emerges from the east and soon you are surrounded.

The strange mists obscure all sight beyond 5 feet and are clammy and unpleasant. It soon becomes difficult to see each other and lose any reference. Despite the canyon shape marks you well the way to go, it would be easy for you to be split and lost in these mists.
Survival please

Detect magic+K. arcana DC 15:

The mists radiate faint necromancy

Perception DC 16:

You seem to hear the flapping of two wings somewhere in the mist.

DC 30

Spoiler:

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
They are four not two!

Updated Scrapwall map


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

Rhoreen is getting used to the bikes, feeling more comfortable. To have a connection to a machine is interesting and a joy that she never expected, nor expected to enjoy.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 Spellcraft
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 Perception

"Uh, this is not a good mist. It might be good if we missed this mist entirely," Rhoreen says, examining the quickly coming mist as she draws her wand. "And I think something is coming." She moves her bike closer to Ruha, keeping an eye out. "Let's stick together."


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
AC: 19 (t14, f16) HP: 54/54 Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Falchion
Conditions = None
Falchion: Attack: 5 BAB +4 Str +1 Focus +1 MW (-2 PA) Damage: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: Adamantine
Chef’s knife: Attack: 5 BAB +1 MW +4 Str / +2 Dex Damage: +4 Crit: 19-20x2 Range: 10’
Studied: () (mv/im; +2 att, dam, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation cl1)
Spell Like (1 time, st, Cure Serious Wounds cl5)
- - -

If something is coming, Yambul quickly stops his ride, gets off, and draws his falchion. He doesn't trust the scrap-vehicle in battle and doesn't want to crash it.

”Damn mist!” He peers into it, readying for battle.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

...and sees nothing.


Female Kasatha Monk 5 | AC 28 T 21 FF 22 | CMD 25 | HP 33/33 | F +5 R +7 W +9 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +13 | Advice 7/10 SF 4/6 Ki 6/7 | Active Status: --

With the previous day's long, relaxing afternoon behind her, Rūha rides with sharp eyes and plenty of caution as the group passes the arena. The lack of occupants is somewhat surprising, but she encourages people not to stick around if not necessary.

As the group heads into the mist, the dismounts as well, then suggests "It's dense enough that we might get separated easily. I'd suggest holding hands, but many of you have those occupied. How about we use a rope, tie ourselves together with plenty of slack?"

Survival; navigate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

"Ah, I can hear something flapping. That might be tricky."


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

Episode: Noises in the Darkness of the Hunted Canyon

Initiative:

Chaance: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rhoreen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Yambul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Zzvkgrogk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Foe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Rūha is the only one ready when the noise of combat begins.

Who: 1d5 ⇒ 1
Who: 1d5 ⇒ 3

As Rūha cannot see her foes when the attack begins, she has nothing to attack. Thus, I advance the enemy round, but she can do an action or even prepare an attack for the case she is attacked.

Chaance:

All of a sudden two batlike humanoids with a lean, muscular body covered with fur and two large, leathery wings appear flying in front of you amid the mist! They try to grab you with their claws.
Claw (flatfooted): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Claw (flatfooted): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 261d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
They open gruesome wounds but you manage to break the grab.
K. nature DC 15
Spoiler:

Rhoreen:

You hear combat nearby and Chaance is being attacked somewhere at your back according to the shouts.

Rūha:

It happens you were in front of Chaance when the attack begins and you see the creatures emerging out of the mist and attacking her!
You can open her spoiler for more info
Also, if you readied a melee attack, you can deliver it.

Yambul:

You hear combat nearby and Chaance is being attacked somewhere at your back according to the shouts.

Zzvkgrogk:

You hear combat nearby and Chaance is being attacked somewhere at your back according to the shouts.

Round 1: Rūha, Foe, Rhoreen, Zzvkgrogk, Chaance, Yambul Round 2: Rūha


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Kasatha Monk 5 | AC 28 T 21 FF 22 | CMD 25 | HP 33/33 | F +5 R +7 W +9 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +13 | Advice 7/10 SF 4/6 Ki 6/7 | Active Status: --

No time for full post until late this evening, but I'll be using advice on Round 1, so you can all include that +2/+2 in your posts.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 5

Zzvkgrogk quaffs an elixir of Heightened Awareness before entering the mist.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
KnowArcDC15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
He has out his rifle. He has out his dragon pistol loaded with the holy water cartridge. He sniffs at the air.

"Does anyone else smell that? It smells all necromantic-like, this mist..."
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
"And a bat!! Do you hear that?! There's a bat around here somewhere!"

GMRutSeg:
He quaffs a Con. Mutagen and fumbles his way back through the mist to find and help Chaance. If he spots anything, he'll shoot.

LaserRifle: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 3 = 25 Ruha
for Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Ruha
MissChance, High Hits: 1d100 ⇒ 87

Spells/Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Cure Light Wounds x3
(2nd) Cure Moderate Wounds x2
(2nd) Invisibility
Mutagen (Con +4, Cha -2)

Ratus:

+2 competece bonus on Perception checks and on all Knowledge checks
Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 38/28 (superRat)
AC 16 / 16 (16), touch 14 (+3 dex, +1 racial), flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +1 racial)
Brown nanite hypogun charges: 7/10
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 36/50
Radiation Detector (7/10 charges)
Mutagen: Quaffed, (+4Dex. -2Wis, +2AC Natural, 40 minutes)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 19/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Laser Rifle: 1/20
Batteries Charged): 11/14
Empty Battieries: 3 /12
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8 / 8


Elf Bookworm/5

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Situational Bonuses for Survival:

+2 to Track
+2 vs Aberrations
+4 vs Constructs(Robots)

Spellcraft v DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception v DC 16: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Chaance agrees with both Rhoreen and Roo, as the mists wax necromantic, and the flapping of wings becomes a gruesome reality within several beats...

...

Round 1

Status:

AC = 17
HP = 18/34
Weapon Equipped = +1 Comp Longbow
Condition(s) = +Roo

Knowledge(Nature) v DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"Hnnn!! These are sabosans!! I've got two here, and they're making short work of me!! I won't be able to stand much longer if they continue their assault!!"

Chaance only thinks to injure one of them, so its shrieks might discourage both of them, and they fly off for easier prey. She does back up, trying to distance herself from an opportunistic swipe.

+1 Bow, PB, +Roo, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 28 for 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 12 piercing damage

+1 Bow, PB, +Roo, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 29 for 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 7 piercing damage

If Gravity Bow still sits pretty on Chaance's weapon...:

2d6 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 11 piercing damage
2d6 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 14 piercing damage

When she hits twice, she rips into them with words describing the sabosans' appearance, and their special abilities, especially their fell shriek, which might be the end of them, if they can neither see nor hear each other in the mists...


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
AC: 19 (t14, f16) HP: 54/54 Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Falchion
Conditions = None
Falchion: Attack: 5 BAB +4 Str +1 Focus +1 MW (-2 PA) Damage: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: Adamantine
Chef’s knife: Attack: 5 BAB +1 MW +4 Str / +2 Dex Damage: +4 Crit: 19-20x2 Range: 10’
Studied: () (mv/im; +2 att, dam, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation cl1)
Spell Like (1 time, st, Cure Serious Wounds cl5)
- - -

Yambul rushes back to Chaance to help out. He shouldn’t have been too far away, so a move action should do it - even with the fog. If he sees something, not Chaance of course, he swings at it!

Falchion: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21 (advice) Miss (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 16
damage S: 2d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 12 + 2 = 18 (advice)


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

Round 1, Init 14

1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21 Know (Nature) - sabosans

Rhoreen moves to where she can see the creatures (staying out of melee) and fires her wand at the most wounded foe.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9 force damage (24/50 left)

Rhor & Lore:

HP: 26/26 - 9 - 3
AC: 12/12/10 (+4 w/Mage Armor) F+3, R+4, W+6

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: Wand of MM
Ring of Punchery: 14/17

Lighten Up: 0/1 used
Rod of Extend, lesser: 2/3 used

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] ranged to hit;
[ dice]1d4-1[/dice] blunt damage

Phasing: The drinker gains the ability to become incorporeal for 1d4 rounds as a swift action, but takes 1 point of Con damage when he does so. Phasing can be extended as a free action by taking 1 additional point of Con damage. Coming out of phase inside a solid object is instantly fatal.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next round, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 17 Will save negates this effect. 21/50.

She casts a very simple spell at Arturo. Daze, DC15 Will or be dazed.

”I can do it myself!!”
[ dice]1d8+1[/dice] CLW
0/50 charges left.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8 force damage (24/50 left)


Female Kasatha Monk 5 | AC 28 T 21 FF 22 | CMD 25 | HP 33/33 | F +5 R +7 W +9 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +13 | Advice 7/10 SF 4/6 Ki 6/7 | Active Status: --

"Stay calm, and be ready to follow my voice to strike!" Rūha offers advice to the team (the aforementioned +2/+2, maintained into round 2 as well), then stays close to the nearest of her allies, Chaance. After the sabosans dive in at Chaance, she calls out their presence, describing their elevations as best as she can to give the group a fighting chance in the mist. She follows with a quick forward jab at the throat of the injured sabosan, before it can release its fell shriek.

(Stunning fist time! If this hits, foe has to make a DC19 Fort save or be stunned 1 round)

Unarmed Strike; w/ advice: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13 Damage (B): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Miss Chance, as always high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 44
Darn.

Conscious that the creatures have fierce flurries of attacks after Chaance's quick explanation, Rūha takes a step over to cover and protect Chaance from further strikes.


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

The party comes into help of Chaance, all of you suddenly stumbling with the winged creatures, who attack at Zzvkgrogk and Chaance as they shot in their reach.
AoO vs Zzvkgrogk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 1d100 ⇒ 89
AoO vs Chaance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 1d100 ⇒ 3

Concealment 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 94
Concealment 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 47
Zzvkgrogk manages to connect with his beam while Chaance puts two arrows through despite the mist.

Yambul joins with a slice that cuts through the mist only, while Rhoreen missiles easily strike on place.

Rūha follows in but only strikes on the creatures tough skin.

One of the creatures emits a sudden deafening shriek!
Fort DC 15 or get deafened 1 min

While the other one full attacks on Chaance.
Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Concealment 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 25
Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 261d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Concealment 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Concealment 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 42

Grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
The sabosan grabs Chaance solidly with its two claws and starts to flap its wings trying to bring her up into the mist!

Sabosan 1: 27 damage, grappling
Chaance: 31 damage, grappled

The party is up!


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
AC: 19 (t14, f16) HP: 54/54 Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Falchion
Conditions = Advised
Falchion: Attack: 5 BAB +4 Str +1 Focus +1 MW (-2 PA) Damage: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: Adamantine
Chef’s knife: Attack: 5 BAB +1 MW +4 Str / +2 Dex Damage: +4 Crit: 19-20x2 Range: 10’
Studied: (sabosan 1) (mv/im; +2 att, dam, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation cl1)
Spell Like (1 time, st, Cure Serious Wounds cl5)
- - -

Yambul studies the creature he’s fighting and swings again, trying to free Chaance before he’s flown off!

Falchion: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19 (studied, advice) Miss (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 87
damage S: 2d4 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 12 + 4 = 18 (studied, advice)


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

Round 2, Init 14

Rhoreen moves to where she can see Chaance and his troubles, but isn't close to the bad things. She uses the useless ring that no one wanted at the creature that threatens Chaance, burning 3 charges.

1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 24 ranged touch (ruha,heroism,combat)
high is hit: 1d100 ⇒ 85 miss chance
3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5, 2) + 2 = 13 force damage

pot crit: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 20 ranged touch (ruha,heroism,combat)
3d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5, 6) + 2 = 19 force damage
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 CMD to ram/bullrush

Rhor & Lore:

HP: 26/26 -  9 - 3
AC: 12/12/10  (+4 w/Mage Armor) F+3, R+4, W+6

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: Wand of MM
Ring of Punchery: 14/17

Lighten Up: 0/1 used
Rod of Extend, lesser: 2/3 used

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] ranged to hit;
[ dice]1d4-1[/dice] blunt damage

Phasing: The drinker gains the ability to become incorporeal for 1d4 rounds as a swift action, but takes 1 point of Con damage when he does so. Phasing can be extended as a free action by taking 1 additional point of Con damage. Coming out of phase inside a solid object is instantly fatal.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next round, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 17 Will save negates this effect. 21/50.

She casts a very simple spell at Arturo. Daze, DC15 Will or be dazed.

”I can do it myself!!”
[ dice]1d8+1[/dice] CLW
0/50 charges left.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5 force damage (24/50 left)


Female Kasatha Monk 5 | AC 28 T 21 FF 22 | CMD 25 | HP 33/33 | F +5 R +7 W +9 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +13 | Advice 7/10 SF 4/6 Ki 6/7 | Active Status: --

Fort vs. deafen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Is the deafening shriek vs. the whole team or just Rūha? If its everyone, keep in mind that becoming deafened means no longer hearing my advice, since that's audible.

Rūha's ears are ringing, but she doesn't let up her advice so long as the rest of the group can still hear her. With Rhor and Yambul handling the sabosan attacking Chaance, Rūha rushes over to try to disable the second foe.

Another stunning fist. Here's to hoping second time's the charm. DC19 Fort or stunned 1 rd if it hits.

Unarmed Strike, w/ advice: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 Damage (B): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 5

FortDC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 SuperRat (Mutagen)

”Aaieeek!” Zzvkgrogk himself emits a not-so-fell-shriek as Chaance is grabbed. A laser stabs through the mist.

rtchrtchrtchrtchrtchrtch!
TurboLaserRifle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Rūha, Touch
for Damage: 1d10 + 3d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + (4, 5, 5) + 3 + 3 = 22 Alch. Ord., Rūha
Miss Chaance, High Hits: 1d100 ⇒ 73

Spells/Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Cure Light Wounds x3
(2nd) Cure Moderate Wounds x2
(2nd) Invisibility
Mutagen (Con +4, Cha -2

Ratus:

+2 competence bonus on Perception checks and on all Knowledge checks
Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 38/28 (Mutagen)
AC 18 / 16 () (16), touch 14 (+3 dex, +1 racial), flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +1 racial)
Brown nanite hypogun charges: 7/10
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 36/50
Radiation Detector (7/10 charges)
Mutagen: Quaffed, (+4Dex. -2Wis, +2AC Natural, 40 minutes)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 19/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Laser Rifle: 0/20
Batteries Charged): 9/14
Empty Battieries: 5 /12
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8 / 8


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20 Fort

Rhoreen shakes off the shriek.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Shoot. Missed the deafness roll - sorry!

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 vs DC 15

Yambul is deafened!


Elf Bookworm/5

Round 2

Status:

AC = 17
HP = 18/34
Weapon Equipped = +1 Comp Longbow
Condition(s) = +Roo, Deafened(1min)

Fortitude Save v Deafening DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Chaance certainly makes noise, though she is unable to hear it herself. The kukri is in her hand as quickly as she can muster it, wielding it like feral cat.

Kukri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slashing damage

Frantic in her soundless grapple, the elf takes another swipe at her captor, digging deeply to do so. Hero Point to take an Additional Attack

Kukri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slashing damage


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

The shriek is a cone and the sabosan maneuvers to catch the party within.

Yambul is deafened by the shriek, and without Rūha's advise fails to connect on the horrific creature!

Rūha tries to reach and fails too, striking only the mist!

Rhoreen uses the power of the ram and despite the creature holds strong on Chaance, the hit is brutal and knocks down the sabosan who releases her while hitting the ground!

Zzvkgrogk gun flashes in the mist, the fire beam striking the other sabosan, burning bad its fur.

Chaance draws her kukri and slashes at the remaining sabosan, cutting a good chunk of meat.
As you are no longer grappled, feel free to save the Hero Point!

The remaining creature descends over its fallen partner and snatches with its claws then tries to fly away and disappear into the mist.
You have an AoO each of you with a melee weapon. Then the sabosan is either down or disappears into the mist. Either way...

Combat is over!

Sabosan 1: 59 damage, unconscious, dying
Sabosan 2: 28 damage
Chaance: 31 damage


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul takes his swing on the departing foe angrily having done nothing so far in this battle!
Falchion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Miss (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 95
damage S: 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 12 = 15

”There!” he shouts as he, hopefully, connects with something. As he can’t hear himself, he shouts overly loudly.

He tries clearing his ears, not enjoying the silence of his own thoughts. Whatever happens he suggests they continue on on foot - once they put the scrap-bikes somewhere they can find them again. Damn mist


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

Rhoreen keeps watch over Chaance until they have had a chance to heal, waving her wand in the direction of any flapping sounds until it's clear that the danger has passed.

"You okay Chaance? That looks nasty!" Rhoreen frets.

When it's time to go, Rhoreen insists on taking her bike with her, even if she has to ride it at slow speed with the walking party. There is no way she's going to leave her favorite new toy (and source of scrapworth) for some scavengers to steal.

"There is no way I'm going to be chasing a thieving choker to get it back, Yambul. It's staying with me."


Elf Bookworm/5

Watching the second sabosan retrieving its partner's dying form, Chaance doesn't antagonize. She's bleeding heavily, so steadies herself by placing a hand on Rhoreen's shoulder.

Rhoreen wrote:
"You okay Chaance? That looks nasty!"

"Something tore. I think my shoulder is dislocated. Do we still have charges in the healing wand?" Chaance focuses intently on Rhoreen's lips, as her hearing slowly returns from the shriek.

"That slam was spectacular, Roar. I'm not sure I could have survived the lurch into the sky. Thank you." The elf cleans her kukri, before sheathing it again.

Healing, Sweet Healing(5 Charges):

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"I can still smell sabosan. It will take time to clear my nasal passages. I suggest we keep moving. Bikes or no bikes, these mists serve our purpose just as well. Now I understand why this part of Scrapwall is seldom investigated."


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 5

WCL 31/50 charges.

Zzvkgrogk reloads his rifle. ”Going to need a battery charger soon.” he grunts, walking/riding his bike. My voice! My bike! All muffled, like after a blizzard and there’s mounds of snow everywhere, nothing to be heard… Like you’re alone in a small room. He glares at the mist. ”Where is all of this blasted mist coming from, anyway?” Is there a big machine just pumping it out?

’Let’s see if it clears off further in… Keep your eyes peeled for explosives.”

Spells/Mutagen:

5 first, 3 Second
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Cure Light Wounds x3
(2nd) Cure Moderate Wounds x2
(2nd) Invisibility
Mutagen (Con +4, Cha -2

Ratus:

+2 competence bonus on Perception checks and on all Knowledge checks (50 min)
Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 38/28 (Mutagen)
AC 18 / 16 () (16), touch 14 (+3 dex, +1 racial), flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +1 racial)
Brown nanite hypogun charges: 7/10
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 31/50
Radiation Detector (7/10 charges)
Neraplast Armor Charges: 19/24
Laser Pistol (Charges): 10/10
Laser Rifle: 20/20
Batteries Charged): 9/14
Empty Battieries: 5 /12
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 7 / 8


Female Kasatha Monk 5 | AC 28 T 21 FF 22 | CMD 25 | HP 33/33 | F +5 R +7 W +9 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +13 | Advice 7/10 SF 4/6 Ki 6/7 | Active Status: --

Rūha strikes out with a kick at the sabosan as it flaps past her. With her limited vision, she's not sure if its fleeing or just lunging for one of her allies.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20 Damage (B): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

When it doesn't return she makes sure to group everyone up so they can see each other face-to-face. After a minute has passed, she says "We beat one really soundly - with luck the other is cool-headed enough to not come back for vengeance. But better than luck is getting out of this mist. Let's proceed." Seeing that some of the others have their bikes, she returns for hers and continues on foot with the bike next to her.


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

Yambul gets a solid hit on the sabosan, which loses some height but disappears from his sight flapping wings and using echolocation to find his way.

Rūha concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 76
What Yambul does neither see, nor hear, is Rūha's kick smacking hard on the fleeing creature. The hit instantly knocks the sabosan in the air and falls on the ground with a loud noise for those of you who can hear it.

Finding the two fallen bodies in the mist, a quick examination finds out one of the sabosan's wears a magical ring in one of his fingers.

Detect magic+Spellcraft DC 20:

A minute or so afterwards, your ears are fully recovered from the fell shriek of the creatures.

There is some discussion on whether to bring your bikes or not, but whatever the outcome, the rest of the trip through the misty canyon is slow, but using a rope as you suggested before, grants you do not get separated. Chaance seems to have a knack on orienting herself despite the lack of visual landmarks, and half an hour later, you reach the far end of the unsettling place.

There, you spot a fissure in the pile of ruble and climb up until the mist gives pass to an unlikely view: a starboard airlock hatch completely clear of rubble—its glaucite doors hanging open, revealing a dark area within.

It seems indeed there are a ship's ruins at this end of the ravine, made of glaucite, and siting at an awkward angle on the ground, tilted downward from aft to stern at a noticeable angle. This, combined with the amount of rubble and junk strewn across the floors, turns the ground within the wreck into difficult terrain.

Bringing some light and looking into the hatch you find out a small chamber, like some kind of alien hall.

P1. Airlock
The air is unnaturally cold in this empty atrium. Metal doorways yawn to the north and south, and the slanted floor is strewn with strange bits of rubble and twisted lengths of metal. The ceiling is badly damaged here, its gray metal shell shattered in numerous places, exposing coils of rusty, mold-covered cables and wires.

A soft grinding sound, like that of metal scraping against metal comes from the open southern door.

The rubble makes the floors in the whole complex difficult terrain.

New Haunted Wreck map is available!
Location added to Scrapwall's map.


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

”Oh, what did you find, Ruha?” Rhoreen asks her huge, scary 4-armed friend. She examines the ring, and is pleased to discover the new ring.

1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 21 Spellcraft

She puts on the new ring, and offers the very handy Ring of the Ram around again. ”Are we sure no one else wants this? It’s very handy! You saw what it did to that bat creature? Ruha?” Happy to not take the new ring, but also it’s fun.

* * *

Rhoreen waits at the entrance for others to go first.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul will walk his scrap rather than be the only one to leave it behind.

Zzvkgrogk III wrote:
Zzvkgrogk reloads his rifle. ”Going to need a battery charger soon.” he grunts, walking/riding his bike.

"I've got some batteries there Zzvkgrogk."

There are six batteries unclaimed on the group sheet if you need 'em.

Yambul will pick his way over the difficult terrain as they arrive at the new airlock. "So this is where we'll find explosives huh? I bet there are guardians too. We should be careful."

He'll draw his falchion before opening the doors and heading in. Almost as an afterthought, he'll quaff the shield from Zzvkgrogk. After all, it's no good in the vial - better in his belly. Also, he'll toss the ioun torch over his head in case the lights aren't working.

He opens the doors and heads in.


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

Yambul comes inside the wreck carefully, bringing light into the darkness.

The doors in the corridor all hang open. From the north comes a soft grinding sound, like that of metal scraping against metal. From the east a faint light, similar to that of a lantern held aloft, casts strange, flickering shadows through a tangle of rubble. And from the south issues the cloying stink of rotted flesh.


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

Rhoreen will also summon light, this ball on the tip of her held wand.

”Hmm.”

She waits for the party to proceed and just, smugly, knows she will be of use. Probably the *most* useful.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 5

"North, go north!" Zzvkgrogk whispers from the rear.


Elf Bookworm/5

"It's Torch all over again." Chaance looks through the door, with Rhoreen's new light source, and gives another look over her shoulder at the necromantic mists behind them.

"Necromantic mists, rotting flesh somewhere deep to the wreckage, it's only a matter of time before we encounter undead. Are we prepared for such enemies?" In asking the question, the elf indirectly admits that she herself is not.

"If there are skeletons, I've got proper arrows, but I'm not able to deal with ghosts. Unless they recognize Rhoreen again?"

Chaance moves into the structure, making sure their retreat is assured, should they find themselves overwhelmed. "Yes, let's head North, Zzvkgrogk. The smell from the south suggests horrors I could do without."


Female Kasatha Monk 5 | AC 28 T 21 FF 22 | CMD 25 | HP 33/33 | F +5 R +7 W +9 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +13 | Advice 7/10 SF 4/6 Ki 6/7 | Active Status: --

Rūha nods "That ramming ring certainly proved itself. I'll wear it. Chances are we'll need it for something else as well. And sooner rather than later."

She follows right after Yambul, listening in and looking out for any hazards or traps that may have spelled the end for previous explorers.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

If all seems clear, she leads the way into the northern chamber.


The Storm Chronicles: Seers of the Drowned City maps; Iron Gods: Iron maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Shackled City map

Zzvkgrogk and Chaance exhort the party to head north and Rūha provides stepping up first in line.

P2. Cargo Bay
The northeastern wall of this blasted chamber was obviously super-heated at some point, for here and there, the walls ran waxlike, forming slag that cooled into puddles of steel all along the floor. Debris litters the floor—it might once have been tech of great value but now is mere scraps of unsalvageable, half-melted junk.

It seems this small hold was once used to store cargo, gear, and emergency supplies. The northeastern wall suffered the brunt of the ship’s crash.

Perception:

Passive stealth: DC 31
Chaance (+2 vs clockwork, -2 surprises): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Rhoreen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Rūha: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Yambul: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Zzvkgrogk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Despite the room is apparently empty of menaces, Rūha feels a presence and notices some of the litter on the floor start to move, preparing herself before the attack happens!

Initiative:

Chaance: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Rhoreen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Yambul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Zzvkgrogk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Foe: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

GM:

12d100 ⇒ (75, 65, 52, 40, 33, 11, 68, 81, 72, 38, 62, 40) = 637

Rūha does something in preparation for the surprise round, perhaps full defense as she does not see anything to fight, then the litter in the ground starts to fly towards the ones of you in the door!
Plate vs Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d4 ⇒ 4
Piece of glass vs Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d4 ⇒ 4
Broken lamp vs Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d4 ⇒ 2

Sharp metal vs Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d4 ⇒ 4
Fork vs Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 ⇒ 3
Broken plate vs Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d4 ⇒ 2

Small chip vs Yambul (flatfooted, soft cover): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 ⇒ 2
Plate vs Yambul (flatfooted, soft cover): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 ⇒ 3
Broken articulated arm vs Yambul (flatfooted, soft cover): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d4 ⇒ 3

Silverdisk vs Yambul (flatfooted, soft cover): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 ⇒ 4
Rusted can vs Yambul (flatfooted, soft cover): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d4 ⇒ 2
Can opener vs Yambul (flatfooted, soft cover): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d4 ⇒ 4
Rūha becomes a wall that blocks most of the flying scrap with the help of her four arms, stopping it for Yambul behind her, except for a couple of metals that bounce against the Kellid's shield of force!

K. arcana DC 17:

The things being hurled at you follow some kind of telekinetic power, and you also induce there are some invisible creatures in this room.

Anyone with this information can pinpoint where the presence is and attack it with total concealment with a Perception DC 21 (you need line of sight into the room, or be in the room if you are using melee).
(Note targeted spells like magic missile cannot be used against targets with total concealment).

K. religion DC 12:

It seems the trauma of the ship's crash has created some haunting presence in this place. You do think though this is not a haunt per-se but an undead or undeads with natural invisibility. You still lack enough information to know which one exactly, but it is clear to you invisibility purge will not work here (although see invisibility will do) and the undead is most likely incorporeal in nature, thus force effects, positive energy and magical weapons will be needed to combat it.

Anyone with this information can pinpoint where the presence is and attack it with total concealment with a Perception DC 21 (you need line of sight into the room, or be in the room if you are using melee).
(Note targeted spells like magic missile cannot be used against targets with total concealment).

Appraise DC 20:

Your quick appraising eye quickly spots what you were looking for, a few old explosives at the far end of the room. You do though also spot old batteries sprawl among the litter, most likely depleted ones, a few useful technological gear, but most interestingly what seems a grenade launcher.

Your eye does though also spot a treasure that might become more dangerous if thrown by the presence in this room, there are three grenades in the floor which might explode on impact if they are still operational. And they look in very good conservation state.

Rhoreen: mage armor 9 h
Rūha: mage armor 9 h
Yambul: shield 5 min
Zzvkgrogk: mutagen 20 min
Surprise round: Rūha, Presence
Round 1: Chaance, Rūha, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Yambul, Presence

Remember all the ground is difficult terrain, and some of you have no sight into the room as you are in the corridor and only see rubble being projected over Yambul.


F Half-elf Craftsperson - 1 potion CMW

Rhoreen hands over the useful Ring of the Ram over to Ruha.

”I can’t see what’s happening? Maybe close the door and we circle back after we’ve looked around?” Rhoreen asks from the back.

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,268 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.