DMD's War for the Crown PbP

Game Master dickie

Roll20 Page


1 to 50 of 401 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Camila Sagillus:

Tandak Prefecture, Sagillus Estate
10 Days Ago

"Weird meeting the other day, huh? With Domincus?" A servant bearing a tea try says exiting the house and walking to your private spot on the lanai. A dark skinned woman with Qadiran features. She must be new, because you have never seen her before. She knows about Domincus Rell at your mother's dinner party. She knows you two discussed issues with corruption in the nobility, "He told me all about the things you witnessed during your education." She sets the silver tea service down onto an expensive black marble table. A gentle breeze wafts through the small paper cups holding tea cakes. There is a piece of paper beneath them, visible as they ripple.

"He thinks you'd be great for his associates. I think you'd be better with my team. Don't worry, he gave me the go-ahead already. He won't mind if I poach his prospect and he won't hold it against you."

Her attitude is one of pure confidence, and her bearing is noble. She continues, "I have seen your transcripts. And I heard about what happened in Ridenport. Nasty business. I know, I know, you had nothing to do with the Imperial Navy recovering that catapult, right?"

The woman picks up a cake and eats it quickly. "Mmm. Moist. Come to Oppara for the Exaltation. Your nation needs you."

The paper beneath the cakes: "If you're in, go to Thread Rare. Tell them you are there for the 'Exaltation Special'. They will fit you in a stylish new outfit perfect to match your cover. When we meet later I will have some finishing touches for you." The note ends with an address and a time. A late lunch in Oppara. The last words instruct, "Burn after reading." It is signed, 'Martella Lotheed'.

Evelyn:

Tandak Prefecture, The road to Hope's Hollow

Seven Days Ago

"Oi! What's this, now?" The prison cart lurches to a stop.

They may have Evelyn bound, blindfolded, and gagged, but her senses of hearing pick up a strange woman's voice. "Effective immediately, I will be taking custody of the prisoner."

"Forget it miss, we got our orders. He goes to Mother's Care Home."

"Sergeant, do you recognize the seal on this scroll?" The woman asks in a firm, all-business tone. "The Royal Family’s?" Evelyn can literally hear the Sergeant gulp. "Open the back."

A creaking sound cuts through the spring morning. "An invalid home? In irons? You didn't think that was a little odd?"

"You know what they say about Mother's Home, miss, 'they love you to death'."

"Shut up and unlock her." Evelyn feels the chains fall away and clank to the metal floor of the prison cart. After pulling off the blindfold and tearing out the gag she sees a human woman with dark skin and light brown eyes. She wears a black leather cloak and a six-barreled pistol on her hip. "Say nothing and follow me," She instructs the half-tengu with a whisper.

Out of earshot from the prison cart she looks back at Evelyn and says, "You had to know you were walking into a trap. So I can only assume you had a plan, but I can't wait for you to deal with your squabble with a vile minor lord, I need you making the establishment quake in their boots on a national level. This is the big show, Evelyn. You're being called up." She hands Evelyn a note and says to her, "I have a lot to do. And so do you. See you soon." She throws her hood up and stalks off into the streets of Hope's Hollow. 

The note says, "If you're in, go to Thread Rare. Tell them you are there for the 'Exaltation Special'. They will fit you in a stylish new outfit perfect to match your cover. When we meet later I will have some finishing touches for you." The note ends with an address and a time. A late lunch in Oppara. The last words instruct, "Burn after reading." It is signed, 'Martella Lotheed'.

Midnight Angel:

Oppara, The Narrows
Five Days Ago

Victforn ran down the alley toward the steeet, fleeing while his retinue of hired goons met their fates at the hands of the Midnight Angel. The sounds of combat and grunts of pain from his men echoed through the narrow alleyway, pursuing the fleeing man. He turns a corner and finds a low fence blocks his path. Victforn, the personal troubleshooter to the executive running the local office for Bayt Al Fadda, knew these streets like the back of his hand. Never had a fence existed here before. He panicked and cursed and turned around seeking another route for escape. His way was blocked by the Midnight Angel.

A few minutes later and the Angel has what she needs to bring Vic's boss down for the murder of a local jeweler, as well as the killer himself.

"You are quite welcome for the assist. You would have run him down, but I am pretty sure I saved you a few minutes." The voice comes from a woman on the other side of the barrier. A shadowy figure reaches down and grasps the fence, pulling on something. The entire assembly disengages from the wall and folds into itselfbto become a long rod. The stranger puts the rod under her black leather cloak and pulls back the hood to reveal an attractive woman with brown skin and curly hair. She wears black leather armor with black metal studs and keeps a rapier on one hip and a six-barreled pistol strapped to her other.

"You know, you're starting to pick up quite a reputation. People are talking about the Midnight Angel, trying to figure out who she is. And if I can figure out who you are and what you're doing, how long will it be before other interested parties discover the same, Lady Bursio?"

She holds up a hand, cutting off a reply with a raised eyebrow and a stern look. "I am not your enemy and that was not a threat. I am a friend, in principles at least, and that was a simple fact. I can help you. And you can certainly help me. I can improve your training, give you a budget, and provide access to those you have ongoing business with. Here," She hands Mal a slip paper and turns around. "See you soon, Midnight Angel."

The paper reads, "If you're in, go to Thread Rare. Tell them you are there for the 'Exaltation Special'. They will fit you in a stylish new outfit perfect to match your cover. When we meet later I will have some finishing touches for you." The note ends with an address and a time. A late lunch in Oppara. The last words instruct, "Burn after reading." It is signed, 'Martella Lotheed'.


GATHERING INTELLIGENCE
PCs interested in learning more about their employer or the political scene can learn the following details with either Diplomacy checks to gather information or Knowledge (local) or Knowledge (nobility) checks. Any given player character may roll only once for each given subject. PCs interested in researching the details of any of the nobles they’ve been assigned to influence or spy on can learn the information from the Background entry in that NPC’s social combat stat block with successful DC 12 Knowledge (nobility) or DC 15 Knowledge (local) checks.

THE GRAND DAY OF EXALTATION

8+:
The Grand Day of Exaltation is the one day every year when the emperor can elevate a commoner of unusual skill or service to the ranks of nobility.

12+:
Because people travel from all over the empire to witness the exaltation, many balls and political events take place in the preceding week, and the senate usually votes on matters of national importance immediately beforehand.

15+:
This year’s noble-to-be is a wide-eyed weaver from the village of Breezy Creek, whose beautiful tapestries have adorned the royal palace and many other royal homes for a decade.

GRAND PRINCE STAVIAN III

5+:
Grand Prince Stavian III is the emperor of Taldor.

14+:
Grand Prince Stavian III has no male heir, and he has refused to have any further children since the tragic death of his only son, Carrius, in a riding accident 20 years ago. With the emperor getting on in years, some people worry how this will affect succession.

18+:
The emperor has made no secret of his disdain for Princess Eutropia’s social crusades, especially her efforts to overturn primogeniture so she can inherit the throne, but he has been uncharacteristically quiet about it this past year. Rumors abound that his health is slipping and he has accepted her efforts.

MARTELLA LOTHEED

11+:
The wealthy Lotheed family has been a strong supporter of the Stavians for almost 100 years. They have a long family tradition of arcane magic, adding to their wealth and prestige.

14+:
Martella is the black sheep of her family, being a result of an extramarital dalliance with a Qadiran diplomat. She lacks her family’s gift for magic as well, adding to their resentment.

20+:
Despite her family’s disdain, Martella still commands some wealth and has extensive contacts, having attended the Sinora Academia, Taldor’s most exclusive girls’ school.

PRINCESS EUTROPIA

7+:
Princess Eutropia is the adult daughter of Grand Prince Stavian III and has a scandalous reputation for making trouble and fighting in the streets.

15+:
Eutropia is a social reformer, eager to establish schools and other public resources for the poor, and removepolitical or family restrictions for women and various minorities. Rumors have circulated for a decade that her ultimate goal is to overturn primogeniture—Taldor’s ancient law stating that only male heirs may inherit the Lion Throne—and become the first empress of Taldor.

18+:
The princess’s reputation for “fighting in the streets” largely hails from her skill as a fencer, a sport she excelled at during her schooling at the Sinora Academia. Many times in her twenties she matched l blades with chauvinistic politicians who would otherwise refuse to let her speak or act within political circles, and those early public duels helped her win unexpected support for her later social reforms—as well as a reputation as an impolite, unladylike brute.


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Evelyn gave a slow nod as she stepped out of the prison cart. She gingerly rubbed her wrists where the shackles had been locked in place as she followed the woman away from the guard. She listened intently as the woman spoke, noting the firearm at her side and the manner in which she had so dismissed the guard. Thoughts of violence danced in Evelyn's head as she briefly considered trying to remove any witnesses, but once the woman spoke about the establishment, all thoughts of immediate violence escaped her head. Still, her shadow couldn't help but daydream about blood running down it's claws. The woman turned and left, and Evelyn realized she hadn't spoken a word, so she muttered a quick incantation, sending the scrap of paper into flame. She watched as it slowly burned, making sure that it's destruction was complete.

She wasted no more time and dashed down the street, first heading to her nearest safe house and drop box to retrieve her spare equipment. Once dressed and supplied, she headed out to meet with a few contacts. She wanted to know exactly what she was walking into at the Thread Rare.

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 on on Martella Lotheed
Time: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 on Thread Rare
Time: 1d4 ⇒ 3

It had been nearly a week since that night, and she had wasted no time making her own preparations. Finally, not wanting to be late, she set out for the Thread Rare. Standing before the door, she took a deep breath, reigning in her emotions, and knocked on the door. When the door swung open, she spoke calmly. "I am here for the Exaltation Special."


Evelyn on Rare Threads:
Everyone you speak to who knows the name 'Rare Threads' says more or less the same thing: "Oh, yeah, bougie clothing shop in Oppara. Probably a good target, right boss? Has to be a lot of government types going through there."

[spoiler=Evelyn AT Rare Threads]A young human woman and older aasimar man keep their eyes glued to the mysterious half-tengu entering their store. The moment she says the magic words, however, they immediately change from suspicious demeanors to welcoming ones. "Xome right in, sweetheart, we have some wonderful collections pre-selected for you based on Lady Lotheed's suggestions," The man says as the woman flips the open sign to closed.

An hour later and you have an outfit that looks formal and stylish but still offers ample move to range. It is tight so it won't snag, and finely woven to reduce friction noise. If you had to wear something so horrible to your nature as a courtier’s outfit, at least this one will not get un your way!


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 1 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 1|HP 11 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Still kneeling over Vic’s unconscious form, digesting the information she’d obtained. When the woman’s voice surprises her so much that she nearly falls over. Quickly recovering she flicks her right hand causing the dagger in the wrist sheath to fall into her hand and her right arm rears back ready to let it fly.

However the collapsing barrier and the woman's words capture her attention. She lowers her hand.

”Thank you. Chases can be so time consuming.”

All the while her eyes are scanning the enigmatic woman in black. Noting the unique pistol.

At the mention of her real name. Her right had begins to move up with the dagger and her left moves to the bomb catalyst on her belt. The woman’s gesture and words stays her actions. Nodding slightly at the woman’s offer. Reaching out to take the paper.

”Oh you can count on us seeing each other again.”

She watched the woman walk off into the darkness for a moment. Before dashing quickly down a side alley, pulls a vial from her belt activating the extract and drinks it down. Then begins to quickly climb to the roof.

Cast Monkey Fish

Once on the roof she moves several blocks away doubling back twice to check for any tails. Before she stops to look at the note.

How did she find me? What mistake did I make? Maybe someone talked. Wait, no one knows. That I know of. That is other than ‘this’ woman.

Shaking her head and looking at the note. She crumples and drops it to the ground. Then quickly kneeling she pull a vial from the belt and empties it onto the note. The paper sizzles and smokes as the acid dissolves the missive.


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Well I’ve got a busy day tomorrow. Got to check out MS. Lotheed. Get the lowdown on this lunch meeting place. And investigate the Tread Rare… I do hope things are on the up and up…I could sure use that new outfit.

The next morning she begins her investigations

Know Local Day of Exaltation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Know Local Lunch location: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Know Local Thread Rare: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Diplomacy Ms. Lotheed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Know Noble Princess: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Know Noble Prince: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Know Diplomacy Midnight Angel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Just to see what information is out there

Will wait for 2 days then go to the tailor shop.


Female Human Caviler 2/Magus 2 HP 17/22 | AC: 20 FF: 17 Touch: 13 | CMD: 19 CMB: 6 | F: +6 R: +4 W: +4 | Init: +3 | Per: +6 | Status: Normal |

Sipping her tea, taking her time, Camila thinks to herself "Who is this woman, and why all the interest in me?" Finishing her cake, Camila discreetly crumples the secret note. "Thank you for having tea with me, I'm sure we will see each other soon" Camila says as she sees her guest out. She then walks to candle in the living room and burns the note.

Before making the trip to Oppara, Camila decides to brush up on her knowledge of local politics as well as any info she can on this "Martella Lotheed."

KN:Nobility: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Grand Day of Exaltation

KN:Nobility: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Grand Prince Stavian III

Diplomacy-Gather Info: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Martella Lotheed

KN:Nobility: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Princess Eutropia

Finding out all that she could, Camila gathers her things and sets off for Oppara, but not before saying goodbye to Bruno (her pet bear). Satisfied, Camila sets off for Oppara.

Upon reaching the Taldan capital, Camila checks into her room before making her way to the Thread Rare.

Standing at the front entrance, Camila takes a deep breath before walking in. Taking a quick look around, she makes her way to the front counter and introduces herself. "Good afternoon, my name is Camila Sergillus and I am here for the Exaltation Special."


First time I can recall a character googling themselves...I bet Lance did.

Mal on Midnight Angel:
"Who? Oh, is that what they're calling her? Commoners can be very creative with that sort of thing. Nothing to worry your pretty had about, m'lady. She only goes after criminals."

Mal on Tread Rare:
"They do the most precious custom work there, you really must go and have a gown done for the Exaltation Gala! There will be plenty of wealthy and powerful men at the Gala..."

Mal on Lunch Spot:
"In the mood for something exotic? If you like Qadiran fare, the place is supposed to be authentic, very popular with the expats."

Mal:
The inside of this charming boutique is exactly what you would expect from a tailor who services members of the Imperial government and a young human woman scampers over promptly. "Good afternoon, m'lady. How can we serve you today?"

Camila:
"Ah, yes, of course, welcome! Darlene, darling? We have a private party shopping, please lock the door?" replies a middle aged aasimar in an impeccable suit covered by an apron and measuring tape.

"Lady Lotheed has something special for you, now, don't worry about how froofy it looks, when you're ready to lose the extraneous accoutrement, it will be functional."

The dress itself is profoundly silly, but covers a form-fitting suit of blue and green. The tailors show you how to quickly remove the puffy collar and ridiculous little cape. "From play to work with two safety pins, voila!"


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Donning her courtier outfit, (that she knows is half-a-season out of fashion) along with her good, but not best jewelry.

Malora heads out to Thread Rare.

Of course she has the dagger in the wrist sheath, as well as another in her high-heeled left boot along with the makings for several extracts and bombs in her clutch purse. Her whip is secreted in a cloak she dons.

Entering the shop

”Lady Malora Bursio.”

Giving the girl a pleasant smile, while scanning the area for threats and noting all potential exits.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

”I am here for the Exaltation Special."


Mal at Thread Rare:
No other exits are readily visible, however you could swear you see an inconsistency by a full length mirror near the dressing room that suggests a concealed door behind the mirror.

The human woman lights up with a smile. "Oh, you must be Lady Bursio, of course." She turns to bolt the door behind her then calls out to the master tailor, "Duncan, darling? Lady Bursio is here!"

An older aasimar man steps out of a work room in the back and grins excitedly. "Excellent, would you please give me a few minutes, m'lady?"

When Duncan returns he is bearing a long, midnight blue gown with silver sleeves. "Lady Lotheed was very specific on her design request. With just a tug of this sash here the skirt is dropped to provide easy movement. The sleeves are a little loose, again per her specifications. Let's take some measurements so everything fits properly."

A half hour later and Duncan and Darlene send you on your way with a ticket to pick up the fitted gown in a day or two.


Shajarat Altiyn Kafih, Oppara
Five Hours Before the Exaltation Gala

Long, golden beams of the setting sun dance through the cafe’s smoky interior, highlighting breads, cheeses, and wine bottles behind the only counter. The place looks empty, except for Lady Martella Lotheed.

In a back corner booth, her back to the wall, Martella sips casually from a steaming mug, dressed in an elegant but reserved gown—at least by Taldan standards. A hand-sized brass cricket buzzes quietly on the tabletop beside her.

“I’m so pleased you could join me today,” she begins. “Please order whatever you like; the fig jam is particularly lovely here. And feel free to speak candidly. I’ve taken measures to ensure our privacy. Have a seat, enjoy some charcuterie as we await the others."

After the three women have arrived Lotheed locks the front door and casually mentions, "If we need to leave in a hurry there is a cellar door behind the counter." She sits back down and sips on her mug of tea.

"You ladies can play the name game later, but let's knock our business out first. Tonight, before the week of festivities begin and during the Gala, the Senate will vote on Primogeniture. With no male heir for the Emperor, the vote could allow the most radical change the nation has seen in centuries: a woman named heir to the throne. Hardliners hate the very thought, but many see that this could breathe new life into a dying empire. We are here to ensure the vote goes smoothly and in favor of Princess Eutropia and ending the patriarchal policy of Primogeniture."

She slips three gold broaches across the table. "These are senate aide badges. They once belonged to the Voritas family, which is now long since extinct. Badges from defunct houses are used as guest passes to the Gala and the Senate. They also are enchanted and keyed to a set of badges. I will be wearing the master badge. The master allows me to send you telepathic communications. If you receive one, you can reply, also telepathically."

Once the wearer of the senate aide badge receives a message, she has 1 minute to send a telepathic reply of up to 25 words. Sending a reply requires a full-round action of concentration. The wearer of the master senator badge can send up to 10 telepathic messages per day, targeting either a specific badge or broadcasting to all badge wearers.

"Camila, I need you to find out how Duke Centimus and Countess Abrielle Pace are intending to vote. It is important that I know where the count is and where everyone stands. If you or one of your new teammates can put them at ease, it should be easier to find out how they will vote."

Divining each noble’s motivations requires a successful DC 15 Sense Motive or Perception check after  at least one member of the party has put the noble at ease with one or more successful Influence checks.

"Evelyn? There is a man I wish to embarrass. Your new friend Camila may know him, Earl Calhadion Vernisant of Ridenport. If you had met him, you would likewise want to embarrass him, trust me. To that end, the Earl has donated five new items to the Arcade of Triumphs: a buckler, a dagger, a fan, a journal, and a spyglass. Make at least three 'disappear' please. It does not matter what becomes of the items, so long as they're gone from the display."

You need to succeed at three DC 17 Sleight of Hand checks, or come up with some alternative method of removing the items since you don't have SoH ranks.

"Malora," says Lotheed slowly. "I feel it would be pointless to expect you not to split your focus between your mission and a certain attendee, so said attendee is your mission tonight. The High Strategos is a constant thorn in my side and always has an agenda or three in progress. I need you to watch Pythareus closely. Listen to his conversations and let me know immediately if he does anything overtly suspicious. Stay with him, but avoid attracting attention to yourself."

Spying requires a total of three successful DC 14 Perception or Sense Motive checks, but to approach close enough to attempt one of these checks while remaining unnoticed requires the agent to first succeed a DC 15 Disguise or Stealth check (this check is not considered part of the PC’s social action).

"Overall, tonight promises to be a historic evening, but an evening of work nonetheless. And in the sort of work you’re embarking upon, the line that divides success and failure is drawn by the people you know. You have your own tasks to accomplish, but I’m counting on you to support one another to ensure success and discretion. If you need assistance, kindly ask for it. If your assistance is required, give it. And if I’m to be blunt, I would like just once in my adult life to simply enjoy a gala I attend, rather than scamper about with clandestine busywork. If you all complete your work without need of me to clean anything up, I will happily double your team's budget."

“I trust your activities won’t occupy your entire evening, so by all means, enjoy the party and make friends. This is an excellent opportunity for you to begin your own ambitions, but do be discreet.”

At that she lays a bag on the table and stands. She walks behind the counter and taps her foot twice, then picks the brass cricket up from the table and flips a switch. It turns off then heads for the door. She unlocks it and says without turning around, "Stay and eat if you want, but this location is no longer secure for discussing sensitive topics. Meet me at the Senate tonight. Good luck."

The bag contains three smaller bags of 150gp each, two vials of liquid blade, eight smoke pellets, a single dose of soul stimulant, and two vials of dust of illusion.

Everyone has four or five hours to make any arrangements, get into disguises, do any supplemental legwork, or whattever. Just say when you're ready for the party.


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Melora entered the Qadiran cafe 10 minutes before the specified time. She had been watching the place from down the street for nearly 20 minutes prior to this.

Looking about and noting exits and giving any staff the once over. She spots Lady Martella, and heads for the booth

”Nice place, true Qadiran cuisine. Didn’t know this was here. My family had a Qadiran cook for a time when I was young. “

Taking a seat she samples the dried meats with striped nutmeg , fine cheeses sprinkled with golden cardamom, and dried fruits dipped in flaming sumac of the charcuterie.

I did my Qadiran food research

”You’re right about the fig jam, it’s very good.” After eating a cracker piled high with the paste.

Raising a finger to get the waiter’s attention. ”I’ll have a cup of tiger clove tea. please."

Upon seeing Evelyn:

A Tengu? No, something’s off. I think, I've only seen a few. If I didn’t know better I’d say she’s a half breed. Didn’t think that could happen. Maybe magic…But these are thoughts for another time. Now what does her body language tell me? Her eyes are always in motion, probably checking the place too. The voice is melodious, almost celestial, almost. Also get an air of danger. She’s likely a very capable warrior.

Upon meeting Camila:

Interesting. Native Taldan accent. Attractive, though not beautiful, at least by current standards. Definitely has the air of nobility. Although I don't see a signet ring. Appears to have significant upper body strength. Likely a worthy opponent in a fight. Maybe a caster as well. Yes, most interesting.

She chuckles slightly at the mention of an escape exit.

A smile crosses her face and she nods when Martella talks of ending the Primogeniture.

Picking up one of the broaches to examine it more closely. Nodding ”This is nice work.”

She allows herself a few more crackers with fig jam while listening to the others' assignments. When The High Strategos is mentioned. She coughs and sputters while sipping tea.

”The bastard”

Exhaling. Then drawing in a breath she nods. ”I can do that. Want to see his reaction to my presence. Should be interesting.”

Watching Lady Martella leave, Malora stands and looks at the other two women.

”Well Ladies. I think we have some things to discuss. But as was stated this place is no longer secure. Let us move our conversation elsewhere. Why don’t we take a little walk and talk. Oh by the way I am Lady Malora Bursio."


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Evelyn did her best to maintain a straight face as her name was used aloud in unfamiliar company.

Oh sure, you see a tengu and immediately think thief. You are just like the rest of your people.

"Making these items disappear will be no easy task. I'm sure security will be tight, but will magic be permitted in any form at the gala? I'm assuming so with these broaches" she says as she picks one up.

Once their host had departed, Eveyln began stuffing the left over foods into various pockets, hoping the others weren't really noticing, or caring. She then reached out to take one of the bags of coins and one of the two vials.

Evelyn nodded to Malora, then stood following suit. "My name is Evelyn" she says quietly. "I am no lady and have no surname."

"Do you have somewhere we can further our discussions? The streets have too many ears. I would know. Some of them are mine" she said with a smile.


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Malora takes one of the coin bags, 4 of the smoke pellets, the soul stimulant, and one of the dust pouches.

leaving 1 or two of the liquid blades, 4 smoke pellets, 1 bag of coins, and a dust pouch…I think

Once they find a suitable place to discuss the mission…

”Well we certainly have our work cut out for us. But first there is something very worrisome.

Holding up one of the vials of liquid.

”This is Soul Stimulant! It is used to counter the energy draining attacks of some of the more unpleasant undead. That it was included in our gear troubles me greatly. Are we likely to encounter such a creature? Most concerning, wouldn’t you say?

She picks up one of the broaches/badges.

”Now these should be very useful. Especially if one of us suddenly needs help.”

Looking at her new companions.

”I know we have never worked together before. And I get the feeling that each of us prefers to work alone. But we must have some level of trust in each other. I realize it will be difficult.”

Glancing out the window, she notes the position of the sun.

”Time is getting short. And I have to attend to getting outfitted for tonight. I hope each of you has at least a rough outline of a plan for completing your mission. If not I would be happy to offer some suggestions.”

Going to hide a few things in my dress. Also a little disguise work on Auto to make him all shiny. Is usually blacked out for nightime.


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"Perhaps our benefactor is just being overly cautious."

"I am used to working with others, and although we do not know each other, we seem to have a common goal and will be paid well. That is enough for me...for now."

"Agreed. I will need to make arrangements as well."


Female Human Caviler 2/Magus 2 HP 17/22 | AC: 20 FF: 17 Touch: 13 | CMD: 19 CMB: 6 | F: +6 R: +4 W: +4 | Init: +3 | Per: +6 | Status: Normal |

"I'm sure we will work well together." Camila says while finishing up her fig jam. She then stands up and collects the remaining items. "I guess I'll see you two at the gala"

Camila is gonna spend the next few hours trying to get any info on Duke Centimus and Countess Abrielle Pace as well as use her Taldon Patriot campaign trait to get some info on the Countess.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Or KN: Nobility, there the same ranking


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Malora heads home to get ready.

Stopping along the way to pick up a few items: 1 dagger, 1 punching dagger, 1 pair of Stiletto boots. Spending 14 gold.

While dressing she hide the following items:

Slight to hide wrist dagger in sleeve: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 30
Slight to hide dagger in boot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 16
Slight to hide whip in cloak: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
Slight to hide punch dagger as hair piece: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19

Hide objects:
You can hide a small object (including a light weapon or an easily concealed ranged weapon, such as a dart, sling, or hand crossbow) on your body. Your Sleight of Hand check is opposed by the Perception check of anyone observing you or of anyone frisking you. In the latter case, the searcher gains a +4 bonus on the Perception check, since it’s generally easier to find such an object than to hide it. A dagger is easier to hide than most light weapons, and grants you a +2 bonus on your Sleight of Hand check to conceal it. An extrao rdinarily small object, such as a coin, shuriken, or ring, grants you a +4 bonus on your Sleight of Hand check to conceal it, and heavy or baggy clothing (such as a cloak) grants you a +2 bonus on the check.

She dons the Stiletto boots, and affixes the broach to her dress.

She wears her rapier sheathed in a highly polished scabbard attached to a stylish belt accented with several attractive pouches. These contain the ingredients for extracts and bomb catalysts. Also the smoke pellets and dust bag, as well as her perfume and makeup.

Auto sits upon her shoulder, gleaming bronze exterior freshly cleaned.

Examining herself in the mirror.

Not bad, wish the dress were a little lower cut, could use all the distractions I can get for tonight.


Camila on Duke Centimus:
An attending duke of Grand Duchess Cisera Tiberan of Tandak prefecture, Leonard Centimus is an intellectual and tinkerer whose head for systems makes him a good administrator, if a little awkward with people.

Camila on Countess Pace:
A countess and member of the senate from the western borders of Taldor, Abrielle Pace seeks to advance by any means available.

The Taldan Senate, Oppara
Night of the Gala

A soft breezes blows the scent of night blooming flowers across the Senate grounds. Flickering torches and gas lamps provide ample illumination to show just how dreadfully long the line for the Gala truly is. Aides and guests mix with minor nobles in the great grinding queue. Attendants and merchants move up and down the line, running messages and hawking cheap souvenirs. Snippets of conversation Drift through the din of constant chatter.

“High Strategos Pythareus is back in the capital. I guess that means the marriage between him and the princess
is back on. He’s so handsome; he’ll make a lovely emperor,"
a snooty looking middle-aged woman with a short haircut tells her young, handsome paid escort.

Twenty minutes and two feet of line movement later a passing pair of servants is discussing the guests openly. "People claim Duke Centimus is a gentleman, but he gave me the dirtiest look for asking about his accident."

After waiting for a full hour in the line to get to about the halfway mark, a woman with Vudran features wearing a Senate inspector cloak pulls the three women out of the line. "Come with me, please. Random inspection."


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

While waiting in line. She exchanges small talk with the people around her, looking to pick up any interesting information.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 (Any juicy gossip)

KN nobility: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 (Looking for breaches of etiquette)

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 (Looking to see if anyone is watching her. Other than in a 'She’s Hot’ way)

Looking over her companions she assesses their ensembles.

Wow, you two look.. Well, Evelyn. I was unsure of what your outfit would look like. But I must say I’m surprised at how well it suits you. Those two at the Rare Threads are miracle workers.

Shifting her gaze to Camila. She bites her lip to stifle a giggle.

”That's really quite elegant. Certainly flatters your figure. Love the collar and cape…”

Mal breaks into a giggle covering her mouth. Quickly recovering.

”Sorry, sorry, I’m sure it's quite functional.”

When the Senate Inspector pulls the trio out of line, for the ‘random’ check.

”Oh I see how it is. You haul off the Aasimar and the Tengu.”

Glancing at Camila

“And you include a regular guest just so things don’t look like profiling.”


"Oh, darling, that dress is so gorgeous! Did you hear that Lady Morilla is back from Absalom? I hope she performs tonight! I know Mr. Smiles will be there. An amazing jester, such grace and whimsy. A little off-putting in person, though."

Most of the conversations are vapid and dull, and most people are too busy trying to show off their outfits to pay attention to the trio.

Perception DC 20:
This woman is not human, but a vishkanya! She has an excellent disguise.

The woman leans in and whispers to Mal, "I can help you with the blade sticking out of your boot. Or you can wait in line, up to you."


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Evelyn was somewhat grateful that Tengu did not blush as she listened to Mal carry on. She kept her own eyes on those around her, and began to become nervous when the woman approached them directly before their turn in line. Had they been betrayed already? Were they to be scapegoats?

As the woman whispered to Mal, Evelyn relaxed slightly. Odds were if they were in some kind of trouble already, there would be a much bigger scene. Then again, maybe not. She shrugged and stepped out of line, following the senate inspector.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


The woman leads the group to a series of large tents away from the line. "I am Kathann Zalar, and a mutual friend asked me to ensure you would be capable of doing your jobs without impediment. Let's see how I can help," she says.

She can make adjustments to any concealed items granting a +2 bonus. That applies to fresh rolls as well as Mal's previously rolled ones.

"Let's hurry now, I can get you passed the line, but we only have a few minutes."

Last call before you're inside the party!


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"If you could help me stow these out of sight, I would be grateful" Evelyn whispered, revealing a set of mw thieves tools in her feathered hand.

Evenlyn wears a pick pocket's outfit underneath her formal attire, which also gives a +2 bonus on hiding small objects on her person.


I have added descriptions about the different rooms in the Senate building to the Campaign Info tab.

SoH: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28 Uh, yeah, but she only grants a+2? Lol

Kathann Zalar quickly separates the tools into their individual components and begins concealing them ingeniously across Evelyn's outfit. "There we go. Now ladies, are you ready?" She throws back the tent flap and boldly strides forward, leading the three undercover women past the achingly slow line. More than a few of the guests in line express disgust and jealousy, or at the very least, stare with open disdain. Kathann stops at the foot of the Senate Building's one hundred steps. Sounds of a party echo from the top of the hill and the light of hundreds of torches and gas lamps flicker across the exterior of the Grand marble building.

Once the stairs have been ascended, a magnificent party is in full view. Servants weave in and out of exquisitely dressed nobles with silver trays bearing wines from across Taldor and a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres as aides scurry about performing various missions of their own. Wealthy merchants and political influencers work on "policy" arrangements in shadowy nooks. Performers and jugglers enjoy a few minutes of fame as they wander the crowd. Everyone appears to be having a good time except perhaps Prince Stavian's dour Ulfen Guards who remain wary of everyone at all times.

Feel free to RP among yourselves. At the moment you have one social round before a specific event occurs. This will be a pattern for a while, X rounds before something happens, then X more rounds. Remember you can influence one of the 7 areas, discover weaknesses or useful information about an NPC, or attempt to influence an important NPC as a social combat round action. See Campaign Info for details. Remember you have your own missions to accomplish. Since you haven't yet interacted in any way with the important NPCs you have no information on them, but just announce your intent and after I give you a description they will be added to Campaign Info as well for easier reference.

Social Combat Round One
One Social Round


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

As they enter the party. Mal turns to the others.

”Now ladies. You are about to enter one of the most vicious and damaging battlefields around. Words are lethal weapons in there. And I guarantee that several reputations will be killed here tonight. Oh and at least one or two bodies are bound to be discovered in closets by morning. So have fun and enjoy the party.”


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Such splendor, such wealth on display, all while the underclass stole to buy bread. It infuriated her to know end, and it was such audacity that she wanted to destroy, but she couldn't help be overwhelmed and awed all at once. Her eyes darted from here to there and back again. The aromas in the air were intoxicating. The sounds of glasses clinking and conversations droning on was enough to cause her to lose sight of her goal. Evelyn tried to keep her mouth from hanging open, but it proved to be increasingly difficult, that was until Mal spoke up.

Whispers inside her own head helped to focus Evelyn. Remember why we are here. But such beauty, it was all so enrapturing, so inviting.

She steeled herself against what she knew she had to do, and slowly made her way out of the Arcade of Triumphs. Her mission was going to be hard enough. She didn't need to be seen dawdling around the items she was supposed to be removing.

Walking along, trying to keep her eyes from darting back to the Arcade and the many treasures on display, Evelyn nearly walked right into Lady Glorianna Morill.

"A thousand apologies m'lady. Please, forgive me" Evelyn said with a bow. "I fear I find myself almost overwhelmed at all of the spectacles on display here tonight."

Discovery Check (Sense Motive): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Lady Morilla stands tall among her noble peers, sporting the finest of Absalom’s fashion. Her attire is far less ostentatious than that of other present nobles, but she makes up for it with a grace of movement that allows her to easily shift between crowds.

"Oh, that's alright dear," She blinks at Evelyn and looks her over head to toe. Lady Morilla cocks her head but then sees the badge and her eyebrows raise. She gives a half-smile and returns to a conversation she was having with an older gentleman. "As I was saying, I thought that you did a wonderful job laying that marble path in your garden, tell me, how is the drainage?"

Lady Morilla finds nobles with interest in more common arts such as physical careers or magic to be a welcome
relief, and more readily engages with anyone displaying
knowledge of spellcraft or manual labor. Some information has been copied to Campaign Info tab.


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Smiling at Evelyn’s wide-eyed reaction to the opulence. Mal pauses for a moment as well to admire the setting.

Then she begins to look for a suitable candidate to escort her around the Arcade of Triumphs. She is planning to establish herself, in this room at least, as a harmless ‘blonde’ noble. It takes her only a few minutes to locate a handsome young army captain

A practiced smile, eye bat, and giggle later the young officer is giving her a tour. She introduces herself as ‘Lora Volso’ (using her Aunts’ family name)

”Just call me ‘L’, it’s easier for me to remember” She says with a cute little smile.

The Officer nods, anticipating later on taking the ‘airhead’ to a secluded spot for exploration.

”Ooh, the uniforms are so pretty in this picture.”
She says pointing to a portrait of one of the early Exploration army’s battles. Her escort tells her of the key figures in the scene. She suppresses a smirk when he gets some of the names mixed up. The Phalanx Guard standing nearby corrects the Officer, earning him a glare from the Captain.

She allows him to lead her around for about 10 minutes. As she makes inane remarks about the displays. She however is carefully observing the other guests.

When she spots the High Strategos at the far end of the area, it causes her to freeze for a moment. She quickly recovers and subtly guides her escort in another direction.
”Wow, that’s a big sword over there. Do you have a sword like that?”

disguise: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 (plus any circumstance bonus) To establish cover as ‘ dumb blonde’

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Looking for anyone she knows, is ‘famous’, or is watching her too closely

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 If she notices anyone looking at her.

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 (+5 for escort) Cover as ‘blonde’

Know Noble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Who’s who.

What is the appropriate skill check to Influence this room?


I've added Influence Skills for the rooms.

Mal spots several minor nobles, but none other than the High Strategos who are worthy of more involved scrutiny. For a moment she thinks one of the Ulfen Guard was sizing her up, but he seems to have bought the vapid noble girl act.


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Now that she has the room and her escort wrapped around her ‘I’m blonde’ finger. Mal gets to work.

Influence room rolls

appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 ”Oh my, that looks really expensive. Do you think it’s expensive”?

Know Noble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 ”That one must be a Baron or a Duke…or maybe a Count.”

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 ”My word, there are just so many nice things and people to see around here.”

After this Mal subtly guides her escort, (Of course she makes him think it's his Idea.) on a close pass of the High Strategos. As they move by she whispers to AUTO. ”On” {A signal to start recording.)

Mission rolls

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Arcade Threshold 16/20.
Mal Mission Status: 1/3

"It is actually worthless, dear lady," replies an older human nobleman. "Alas, the real Dignity's Barb has been lost for decades, although it used to rest in that case. It was the Favored weapon of General Gerefein of the Seventh Army of Exploration. In his most famous act, he turned the tide of a vicious battle witha Kellid warlord. Through a chaotic blizzard, General Gerefeins hot practically blind, yet his bolt struck a lethal blow, dashing the warlord from his mammoth mount and breaking the enemy’s charge. Over the centuries it has been known to bring great luck to it's wielder. They say that it was crafted with care from ancient darkwood."


Female Human Caviler 2/Magus 2 HP 17/22 | AC: 20 FF: 17 Touch: 13 | CMD: 19 CMB: 6 | F: +6 R: +4 W: +4 | Init: +3 | Per: +6 | Status: Normal |

Camila grabs a glass of wine from one of the servers trays as she takes a moment to survey the party. Being a Courtly Knight, Camila naturally gravitates toward the Senate Floor and it's lively debates. Working the room, Camila listens in to the various debates, interjecting with her knowledge of the various little know legislations and procedures she has come across during her studies abroad.

KN:Nobility: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Senate Floor Threshold: 14/20.

By proving themselves, the PCs can select any one skill from the influence skill list for this area (Senate Floor) and use that skill to influence another area in the senate where that skill could not normally be used.

Camila finds herself having trouble recognizing many of the nobles around her, but is able to hold her own during an impromptu debate over tax revenue and public works. She finds her opponent to be transparent about his position and reads him so well she makes several cutting arguments that get to the heart of his self-interest. The applause at the conclusion of their match-up is genuine.

End Social Round One

Arcade Threshold 16/20
Senate Floor Threshold 14/20
Mal Mission Status: 1/3
Lady Morilla: discovery completed


About fifteen instead after the crew arrives to the party a large crowd has gathered in the garden where Lady Morilla is loudly clinking a fork against her champaign flute to announce the Princess is about to speak. The young firebrand Stavian climbs atop a stone railing in the garden and speaks in a loud, clear voice.

“My friends, colleagues, and assorted enemies, it is wonderful to see you all out in your finery beneath the beautiful stars tonight. With any luck, the weather will be the only thing that refuses to change this evening.

“We have all gathered here tonight to honor Master Kalbio of Breezy Creek, a master artisan and true patriot, for his
exquisite skill and service to our glorious empire. Master Kalbio demonstrates so eloquently that a heart may be noble regardless of the stature of one’s birth, and while it may be premature, I hope to be the first to congratulate you, sir, on the exaltation you will see tonight and welcome you into the ranks of Taldor’s long-lived aristocracy.

“But we gather here to discuss matters of state, as well. And just as the exaltation reminds us that our glorious empire must always look out into the world to refresh the greatness of its leadership, we must all look out into the world around us and see how it has grown. The child-nations our empire birthed—Andoran, Cheliax, Lastwall—have grown strong by examining the great traditions they inherited from our motherland, and embracing those relevant to this new world and discarding those that held them back. So too will we, this very night, examine one of Taldor’s oldest traditions—primogeniture—with eyes wide open, to determine whether it has held us back from the glory and stability our wayward states have found.

“Our obligation tonight is not about one person or one vote in the senate. It is about the nation we love and about ensuring that nation does not fall behind the times. We are the inheritors of mighty Azlant, and I say that we must work together to avoid sharing that old empire’s fate. Taldor endures!”

Perception DC 13:
One servant breaks from the crowd as soon as the Princess begins her speech, heading toward the apiary.

Perception DC 18:
The servant is carrying a strange alchemical bar.

Perception DC 18 AND either Craft (alchemy) or Knowledge (nature) DC 15:
The alchemical device is a wafer that emits a vapor known to agitate bees and similar insects.

Social Combat Round Two
Arcade Threshold 16/20
Senate Floor Threshold 14/20
Lady Morilla: discovery completed
Mal Mission Status: 1/3


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

With everyone's attention drawn to the princess, Evelyn inches closer towards the Arcade. As she glances about, checking to see if any eyes on her, she notices one of the servants separate from the crowd.

You may give me just the distraction I need thought Evelyn to herself.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Trying not to be noticed, Evelyn quickens her pace towards the Arcade, hoping to find a guard out of sight of the others or an empty alcove.


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

While planning her next pass on the target she notices people making their way to the garden. Mal skillfully guides her escort in that direction. Ensconcing herself in the archway between the two areas. To watch the Princess speak.

She’s very charismatic. Mal’s eyes are wide with amazement.

She finds herself nodding and just barely manages to regain composure before she shouts and claps in support of the Princess’s proposals.

Get a hold of yourself girl. You still have a job to do.

Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

What's 'that' servant up to?

alchemy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Noting item carried by said servant, and that the Apiary is their destination

This won't be good. I gotta do something

Turning to her ‘date’. ”Please excuse me. I have to powder my nose. But don’t you go anywhere. I have plans for you later.” She says with a coy smile.

She hurries off in pursuit of the Servant Provocateur, weaving her way through the crowd.

(If she is able to catch the Servant.)
”Now, now. You don’t want to do that. I’ve seen you. So whoever you’re working for will disavow you. It would be best if you just disappeared.”

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

If it appears that she will be unable to intercept the servant she will instead go to one of the guards and point out the troublemaker. If all else fails she will attempt to pitch several smoke pellets at the hives. (smoke calms bees)


"Wh-what?" The server stands stunned. "But, the Phalanx guard to me it would calm the bees! I don't want no trouble, m'lady, here!" The servant hands over the wafer and runs off. Malora notices several nobles staring at her with derision for missing part of the Princess' speech.

Evelyn, on the other hand, slips away unnoticed by the entire gathering. When she peeks into the arcade she notices only a single guard remains behind.


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Here goes nothing...DC 15 Will save vs. Charm Person on the lone guard.

Her spell completed, Evelyn quickened her pace into the arcade and approached the guard.

"Why hello there! It has been too long my old friend. How are you? What are you doing out here? You're missing the big speech. You should at least spare a glimpse. I'm sure standing here all day, you must be bored. Why don't you grab a drink and take a quick peek? I can make sure no one gets too close to the displays..."

Opposed Charisma check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Cha: 1d20 ⇒ 18 Not that he can beat yours!

"Aye, m'lady, thank you!" The guard says with a smile, "I've been bored to tears watching these dusty things. Ain't no one comin' here while the Princess is talking." He hurries away adding he will be back in a jiffy and offering profuse thanks.


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Step 1:

Evenlyn quickly sets upon the nearest artifact, slipping it underneath her clothing.

Step 2:

Evenlyn makes for the next nearest artifact, slipping it underneath her clothing.

Step 3:

Evenlyn makes for the next nearest artifact, slipping it underneath her clothing.

Step 4:

If the guard has not returned, Evenlyn makes for the next nearest artifact, slipping it underneath her clothing.

Step 5:

If the guard still has not returned, Evenlyn makes for the last artifact, slipping it underneath her clothing.

Step 6:

Evelyn makes her way to the privy, doing her best not to stand out (not rushing, but hurrying).
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Step 7:

Evelyn spends one minute summoning her Twinned eidolon. She gives all of the acquired artifacts to her eidolon, asking it to leave and meet at the safehouse later.

Step 8:

Once her eidolon leaves the privy, Evelyn tries to alter her appearance, shortening her sleeves, changing her makeup, ruffling her feathers, and otherwise just trying to look different, before departing the privy and rejoining the party.
Disguise, minor details: 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 5 = 13
Time: 1d3 ⇒ 1 x10 minutes
Eidolon Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Trying not to stand out

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Hidden Items:

Eveyln tries to hide the below items in the corresponding locations.
Buckler = Stomach
Dagger = Thigh
Fan = Sleeve
Journal = Breast
Spyglass = Other Sleeve


Evelyn quickly slips the spyglass off the rack and smoothly conceals in her sleeve. Outside the crowd breaks into brief applause and cheers, but the wily half-tengu can tell the speech still has life left in it.

Shortly after concealing the dagger beneath her skirt and the journal down the front of the gown she hears low talking from just outside the door.

Evelyn:
"Because if you don't arrange a meeting with Senator Trent, I'm going break both your arms." The speaker sounds like a woman and the final threat is punctuated by the sounds of heels walking away. A few seconds later heavier boots rush off.

Afterwards, the sounds of Princess Stavian's speech wrapping are the only thing Evelyn can hear.

Just after acquiring the fan, two sets of clanking breastplates march toward the room as applause meets the end of the Emperor’s daughter's speech. Evelyn slides the fan up the other sleeve and exits the room moments before the guards return.

Evelyn Mission: Complete

Everyone has 4 social rounds.


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Evelyn quickly let her anxiety of her mission slip away as she wandered around the courtyard. As she slowly strolled around in the open air, the makeshift zoo caught her eye. She held a certain affinity for the penned in animals, and her curiosity was piqued by a few that she had not seen in person before. Such was the city life. As she stopped to admire a fen of the creatures, she struck up a conversation with anyone nearby.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Influence check


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

Eyeing the startled servant.

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

”What guard?” As the servant starts to turn…

”No, don’t point or look. Oh never mind. Probably gone by now. Time for you to disappear.”

She casually looks about to see if she attracted anyone’s undue attention.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Then returns to her ‘date’

”Oh, my I think I got turned around out there. Do forgive me for keeping you waiting.”

She then skillfully guides him back for another pass of the Strategos.

”Please just one trip around the room and we can go somewhere quiet”

As they pass the target.

”On” Whispered to AUTO again.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

After which she begins scanning the room. Looking for just the right one.

Know Noble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Too tall, too short, No not a blonde. Wow, not that dress. Wait, there she is. The one who has been watching all the uniforms Yes that will do nicely.

Leading her escort to a vacant corner. She turns to the man.

”Listen, you’ve been a dear. But tonight with me is just not going to end like you hoped.” Pausing to look him over and dejectedly shake her head.

”I have other business that must be attended to. But don’t fret. I would never just abandon you.”

She holds up one finger to silence his protests and gently takes him by the arm and directs his attention to a pretty brunet noble girl in a green dress across the room.

”Now dear. Go over to that girl. Snap to attention and say this to her. ‘You are without a doubt the most beautiful woman here tonight. Would you do me the honor of allowing me to be your escort?’ Then take her by the hand and say. ‘Your eyes outshine all the jewels in the room.’ Do that and I assure you. You will have the desired ending later.”

When he seems skeptical. ”Trust me it’s a panty dropper. Now when she asks who I am…”

Holding her finger up again, smiling and shaking her head slightly at his ‘Why would she ask’ question.

”When she asks. Tell her I am your Cousin. Now go and have a good evening Captain.”

She spare a longing look as he walks away. Such a shame.

Ducking into a dim secluded alcove Mal sets to work. Starting with changing her hair style. From up to down Then rearranging sashes and hiking the skirt up slightly along with changing broaches and adding a small tiara. The overall effect makes her look just different enough, She hoped.

Disguise skill: 1d20 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 5 = 26 (+5 minor details only]

Exiting the alcove she moves into the garden and begins stalking her next escort for the evening.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 (looking for an older aristocrat)

Know noble: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (One who is a letch.)

The real problem here is that there are too many that fit the description.

Know Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 (influence check Courtyard).


Courtyard Threshold: 8/30
Mal Mission Status: 2 out of 3

Malora spots a particularly shaky elderly Baron who might be harmless. She hears her previous boy-toy deliver his assigned line from somewhere behind her and can tell he nailed it. Once in the courtyard she is able to dazzle some of the older guests with her knowledge of local flora and fauna.

Camila has 4 social rounds left, Evelyn and Mal have 3.


Female | Aasimar (Musetouched) | CG Alchemist (Tinkerer) 2 /Swashbuckler (Mysterious Avenger) 2|HP 17 | AC:18 FF:14 T:14 |CMB 3 |CMD 17 |F: 3, R: 6, W: 3 | Darkvision| Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, | Bluff +10

After allowing herself a slight smile of satisfaction, at her former escort’s performance.

Then a quick look around for anyone overly watching her.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

After that she sets her sights on the elderly Baron.

Now what was his name? Calo? Calla? Kosul! That’s it. Baron Garth Kosul.

Leading with her chest she walks up to the man. As he is admiring one of the servant girls.

”Baron Kosul!

The man is startled and spills some wine from his glass. He turns and immediately focuses his attention on Mal’s decolletage.

”Oh my. It’s been years since I’ve seen you.” He finally looks at her face and squints his eyes.

”Oh where are my manners? Momma fait at my behavior. I’m Alora, Alora Antivo. Oh, I don’t blame you for not remembering. I was much smaller the last time you saw me.”

She arches her back to emphasize her cleavage and steps closer to him. He is totally entranced by her display.

”We met at that party. Momma got us invited, she was hunting step-daddy number 3, and as I’m sure you remember it was a complete fiasco. What with 3 ladies showing up with the same dress. Such a scandal too, being so low cut as they were….”

She continues to fast talk the poor man for another minute or so.

bluff: 1d20 + 10 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 5 + 5 = 22(+5 target wants to believe you. +5 target impaired or drunk)

”Why thank you kind sir. Yes I will let you escort me around the party. You are such a gentleman. And so knowledgeable about these things. Myself being just a young innocent girl, with no head for politics. Perhaps such a wise, and handsome gentleman could explain things to little ol’ me?”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The Baron is still a little confused but too intent on seeing more of Mal’s assets to pay too close attention. He always made it a point to meet many young girls at every party he attends. And he fully intended to ‘Explain’ a few things to this attractive young thing. Taking her by the arm and patting her hand.

”No I assure you, the pleasure is all mine. Now, over there is Lady…”

Mal is already planning her next moves as the old man rattles on about politics and nobles, and more than a few comments concerning the endowments of various women at the gala.

Subtly moving him into the Arcade and her target.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 5 = 19 Make request (give simple advice +5)

Along the way she finds several opportunities to attempt influence in the arcade.

Know Noble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

And a few glances about to check on her teammates.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


HP 15/15 AC 15, Touch 12, Flatfooted 13, CMD 15; Saves F +4, R +2, W +7 [-2 vs. mind affecting]; Perception +10, Sense Motive +8; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Feeling like her time had so far been wasted in the courtyard, Evelyn stopped waiting for someone to approach her and decided to approach someone herself. Approaching a middle-aged man who seemed to be wandering with no clear purpose, or simply admiring the wildlife, she struck up a conversation.

"They are beautiful, aren't they. Have you ever seen such exquisite beasts? Forgive me, I am Jacqueline. And you are?"

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Courtyard +2 toward threshold.

Evelyn's attempt to hob-knob is met with indifference from the Taldan man. His coldly polite attitude suggests it wasn't something Evenlyn said, as much as who she happened to be.

While Malora is able to easily find herself a new date to wrap around her finger, she feels a little tapped out in regards to the Arcade's displays. Perhaps it is just the dirty looks from a few guests who saw her walk away from the Princess' speech earlier.

Camila has 4 rounds, Evelyn and Mal have 2. Info page up to date.


Female Human Caviler 2/Magus 2 HP 17/22 | AC: 20 FF: 17 Touch: 13 | CMD: 19 CMB: 6 | F: +6 R: +4 W: +4 | Init: +3 | Per: +6 | Status: Normal |

Camila scans the crowd as they watch Princess speak, looking for Duke Centimus. Once she spots him she discreetly makes her way next to him. She tries to read him, gauging his reaction to her speech.

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Discovery Check


Female Human Caviler 2/Magus 2 HP 17/22 | AC: 20 FF: 17 Touch: 13 | CMD: 19 CMB: 6 | F: +6 R: +4 W: +4 | Init: +3 | Per: +6 | Status: Normal |

As the Princess's speech concludes and the applause begins to die down Camila leans in real close to the Duke and begins to say,"She sure knows how to give a speech doesn't she? Although even if she does get enough votes, her success will be dependent on the people she surrounds herself with." she says with a smile, flirting with him heavily.
"Everybody knows its the Administrators who do the real work'

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Trying to sweet talk him

KN: Nobility: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 4 = 27 Influence Check


Camila notices that Centimus is especially proud of his custom wheelchair. It is also notable that he is wealthy and powerful enough to find powerful enough spellcasting to restore his movement if he choose.

Before she approaches, Camila sees the Duke roll his wheelchair over the foot of some young dandy asking about how the accident changed Centimus' life. He ignores the fop who knows better than to say something to a higher ranking noble, but seethe in the corner glaring at the paralyzed man.

"Oh? Yes, well, I suppose there is something to be said for crafting a system that works and implementing it well. Of course, 9ne must be open to Tinkering with the systems in place in order to keep them running smoothly," The Duke replies, more interested in the topic itself than the pretty lady's smile.

Duke Centimus: 1/3 Influence, +4 on influence checks.
Everyone has 2 more rounds available.

1 to 50 of 401 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD's War for the Crown PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.