GM Doug's King in Thorns (Gameday X) (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Maps | Macros


301 to 347 of 347 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Algrim Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Poison: 1d6 ⇒ 3


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

The King flies and back up 20 feet and then casts a spell at Grum. His senses are suddenly rewired in unexpected ways, causing them to process noises as bursts of color, smells as sounds, and so on.

DC 27 Will Save vs Divination, Mental Spell Effect for Grum:
This spell has 3 effects:

1. Due to the distraction, the target must succeed at a DC 5 flat check each time it uses a concentrate action, or the action fails and is wasted.
2. The target's difficulty processing visual input makes all creatures and objects concealed from it.
3. The creature has trouble moving, making it clumsy 3 and giving it a –10-foot status penalty to its Speeds.

Critical Success The target is unaffected.
Success The target is affected for 1 round.
Failure The target is affected for 1 minute.
Critical Failure As failure, and the target is stunned 2 as it attempts to process the sensory shifts.

Blood drips down into the river. Bleed: 1d12 ⇒ 6
Flat: 1d20 ⇒ 8

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

The King In Thorns: Round 5

Party Conditions: Timely Inspiration 2/3
Cloud provides concealment. Water / plants difficult terrain; plants (green) provide cover / difficult terrain.

King in Thorns -82 HP, Bleed 1d12, 20 feet in air
---
Algrim Panaryn 3/99 HP, Clumsy 1, Bleed 1d4 (2), Immune to Aura, Stage 1 poison
Berwick Winetrout 51/80 HP, Stupefied 1 , Clumsy 1, DC 24 Will vs Aura (Enfeebled)
Eliander Underhill 17/62 HP, 3 Images
Grum Skoljar 119/124 HP, Clumsy 1, Enfeebled 1, DC 27 Will vs Spell, DC 24 Will vs Aura (Stupefied)

_________
ONGOING SPELL EFFECTS:

Monarch 30' Aura (aura, illusion, mental):
Fey glamours shed from Qxal’s wings like scale dust, causing hallucinations. A creature entering the aura or starting its turn in the area must attempt a DC 24 Will save.

Critical Success The creature is unaffected and is temporarily immune to the scale dust for 24 hours.
Success The creature is unaffected.
Failure The creature hallucinates that it is beginning to transform into a plant or animal native to their homeland, becoming either clumsy 1, enfeebled 1, or stupefied 1, at Qxal’s choice. Casreers will be stupefied. Melee will be Clumsy. Casters will be Stupefied. The condition lasts for 1 hour. Each time a creature fails this save, Qxal can choose an additional condition. (second fail for melee is enfeebled; second fail for casters is clumsy).
Critical Failure As failure, but the condition value is 2.

Cloudkill:
It moves int he direction notes on the map (u[ and to the right) every round. DC 27 Fort vs poison at the start of your turn, you can hold your breath as an action for a +2 circumstance on the save.

[spoiler=Entangle]The area is difficult terrain. On a failure, you take a –10-foot circumstance penalty to your Speeds until you leaves the area, and on a critical failure, you are also immobilized for 1 round.

DC 22 vs Grimstalker Poison:
1d6 poison damage (1 round); Stage 2 1d6 poison damage and clumsy 1 (1 round)

Cloud Effects provide Concealment:
DC 5 flat check to target.

Cloud Effects provide Concealment:
DC 5 flat check to target.

Grimstalker Poison:
Saving Throw DC 22 Fortitude; Maximum Duration 6 rounds; Stage 1 1d6 poison damage (1 round); Stage 2 1d6 poison damage and clumsy 1 (1 round), Stage 3 2d6 poison damage and clumsy 2 (1 round)

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Orc Barbarian 7 | HP 124/124 Temp: 10/10 | AC 25 / 24 Raging (Deny Advantage) | Fort +16; Ref +11; Will +12 |Per: +12(E) ; Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Point 0/3 | Active conditions:

Will saves...my weakness

Will save vs Spell: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
last hero point on this one
will save vs spell: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
will save vs aura: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
so does that mean stupefied 2 or does all of them drop to two?

Grum's head swims as he fights through the fey king's mental trick. He pulls his javelin off his back.

stunned 2 drops me to just one action...will use it to draw my javelin

AC is now 21

Grand Archive

Male N Umbral Gnome Ranger 7|HP 99/99|AC 24|Fort +13 Ref +14 Will +13|Peception +15 (Darkvision)|30ft Move|Exploration Activity: Scout (Scout Dedication +2 Initiative)

First Action Algrim will stride.
Free Action Drop my Hatchet.
Second Action to pull an elixir.
Third Action to touch Berwick for healing.
Healing: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 4) = 14

Grand Archive

N Small Humanoid Cleric (Warpriest) 8| HP: 80 | AC: 25 | Perception +16 | Fort +13 Reflex +12 Will +16 | Move 25’ | Pilgrims Token

Berwick draws a potion. He drinks the potion.
Moderate Elixir of Life: 5d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1, 4) + 12 = 26
The he attempts to Battlefield Medicine Algrim. Aiming for DC 20.
Medicine: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
"Praise Nethys!"
Healing to Algrim: 4d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 6, 6, 8) + 10 = 38

Dark Archive

Bookeeping for all the crap going on…

Berwick Will vs Aura: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Enfeebled 1; now that Berwick has ALl the Things he no longer needs to worry about making the save…

Algrim fort vs Grimstalker Venom: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 — Algrim FINALLY recovers from the poison.

Bleed Flat: 1d20 ⇒ 15 Algrim FINALLY stops bleeding.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

The King in Thorns waves their proboscis about; Algrim's blood flows through the air like a river and rejuvenates the Thorned Monarch. Bled 2 at EoT

Monarch should be -84 not -82. because of Elainder's Persistent. They then heal for 14 by drinking Algrim's blood before he stopped bleeding, brining them to -70 HP.

Berwick heals himself Only down 3 now! and then Algrim. Praise Nethys indeed. 3+14-2+38=59/99 HP

Grum continues having an awful day. Crit fail Synesthesia is a bad time…

Elainder is up!

Horizon Hunters

Male N Twilight Halfling Necromancer 7 hp 43/62 | AC 22 |Fort 10•, Ref 14••, Will 13•• | Speed 25 ft., Perception +11• (Init +13), low-light vision | Spell Attack +15•, Spell DC 25 | sheet

The wizard strides closer and casts another Fireball.

Heightened Fireball: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 3, 6, 6, 4, 5) = 36


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

1d20 + 21 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 21 - 1 = 23

The monarch burns again! +1 inspire They are furious that this wizard is pestering them with spells from so far away, and they have avoided their hallucinatory dust!

They Flutter their wings, exposing the wizard to the dust as they do so. Elainder will be exposed a second time at the start of his turn. 2 DC 24 Will saves, or stupefied 1 then clumsy one.

They then cast Dispel magic on Elainder's images, easily unraveling the figment.

Countereact: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

Bleed: 1d12 ⇒ 10
Flat v Bleed: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Flat v Acid: 1d20 ⇒ 18

They stop bleeding and burning.

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

The King In Thorns: Round 6

Party Conditions: Timely Inspiration 3/3
Cloud provides concealment. Water / plants difficult terrain; plants (green) provide cover / difficult terrain.

King in Thorns -116 HP
---
Algrim Panaryn 59/99 HP, Clumsy 1, Immune to Aura
Berwick Winetrout 77/80 HP, Stupefied 1 , Clumsy 1, Enfeebled 1, Immune to Aura
Eliander Underhill 17/62 HP, DC 24 Will vs Dust (Stupefied), DC 24 Will vs Dust (Stupefied or Clumsy)
Grum Skoljar 119/124 HP, Clumsy 3, Enfeebled 1, -10 Speed, everythign Concealed , Stupefied 2, Stunned 2

_________
ONGOING SPELL EFFECTS:

Monarch 30' Aura (aura, illusion, mental):
Fey glamours shed from Qxal’s wings like scale dust, causing hallucinations. A creature entering the aura or starting its turn in the area must attempt a DC 24 Will save.

Critical Success The creature is unaffected and is temporarily immune to the scale dust for 24 hours.
Success The creature is unaffected.
Failure The creature hallucinates that it is beginning to transform into a plant or animal native to their homeland, becoming either clumsy 1, enfeebled 1, or stupefied 1, at Qxal’s choice. Casreers will be stupefied. Melee will be Clumsy. Casters will be Stupefied. The condition lasts for 1 hour. Each time a creature fails this save, Qxal can choose an additional condition. (second fail for melee is enfeebled; second fail for casters is clumsy).
Critical Failure As failure, but the condition value is 2.

Cloudkill:
It moves int he direction notes on the map (u[ and to the right) every round. DC 27 Fort vs poison at the start of your turn, you can hold your breath as an action for a +2 circumstance on the save.

[spoiler=Entangle]The area is difficult terrain. On a failure, you take a –10-foot circumstance penalty to your Speeds until you leaves the area, and on a critical failure, you are also immobilized for 1 round.

DC 22 vs Grimstalker Poison:
1d6 poison damage (1 round); Stage 2 1d6 poison damage and clumsy 1 (1 round)

Cloud Effects provide Concealment:
DC 5 flat check to target.

Cloud Effects provide Concealment:
DC 5 flat check to target.

Grimstalker Poison:
Saving Throw DC 22 Fortitude; Maximum Duration 6 rounds; Stage 1 1d6 poison damage (1 round); Stage 2 1d6 poison damage and clumsy 1 (1 round), Stage 3 2d6 poison damage and clumsy 2 (1 round)

Grand Archive

Male N Umbral Gnome Ranger 7|HP 99/99|AC 24|Fort +13 Ref +14 Will +13|Peception +15 (Darkvision)|30ft Move|Exploration Activity: Scout (Scout Dedication +2 Initiative)

First Action to drink the Moderate Elixir of Life.
Elixir: 5d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 3, 1, 2, 4) + 12 = 28

Second Action Algrim will pick up his hatchet.

Third Action will be to make the King of Thorn my Hunt Prey.

Grand Archive

N Small Humanoid Cleric (Warpriest) 8| HP: 80 | AC: 25 | Perception +16 | Fort +13 Reflex +12 Will +16 | Move 25’ | Pilgrims Token

Berwick closes the distance to Eliander and tries to cast Heal using two actions.
Stupefied Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Heal: 4d10 + 33 ⇒ (1, 9, 6, 5) + 33 = 54

Horizon Hunters

Male N Twilight Halfling Necromancer 7 hp 43/62 | AC 22 |Fort 10•, Ref 14••, Will 13•• | Speed 25 ft., Perception +11• (Init +13), low-light vision | Spell Attack +15•, Spell DC 25 | sheet

1. will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
2. will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

"Thanks Berwick, I feel I can keep fighting." Necromancer points the Monarch with finger and fires stream of dark energy.

Enervation: 4d8 ⇒ (4, 8, 1, 3) = 16 Fort DC 25 for half


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

Fort: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 1 = 15

:O

The monarch wilts under the negative energy as their life force is sucked away!

takes 4d8 persistent (so 16 at end of this turn) and is drained 2 and doomed 1 (doomed doesn't matter)

Grum, who has All the Things, is up!

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Orc Barbarian 7 | HP 124/124 Temp: 10/10 | AC 25 / 24 Raging (Deny Advantage) | Fort +16; Ref +11; Will +12 |Per: +12(E) ; Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Point 0/3 | Active conditions:

should no longer be stunned, since I lost the 2 actions last turn

Grum tosses his javelin at the King.

20 ft away + 20 ft high...equals just under 30ft. So still in first range increment

vs concealment DC 5: 1d20 ⇒ 15
javelin toss: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 = 16
start bleeding again your highness, d12

The javelin returns to the barbarians hand, only to be tossed again.

vs concealment DC 5: 1d20 ⇒ 16
to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14

He then roars in rage, trying to demoralize the King.
intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

The king is desperate after Grum crits them with his javelin!

They fly down and blow a Cone of Cold across the whole party!

DC 27 Basic Reflex vs Cold: 12d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 1, 1, 6, 1, 1, 4, 5, 2, 6) = 35

They then take 16 damage and bleed bleed: 1d12 ⇒ 4

Flat to stop Persistent Enervate: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Flat to stop Bleed: 1d20 ⇒ 9

The Monarch is on their last legs; if someone can damage them just once they will surely fall.

⚘ ⚘ ⚘
Long Live the King… The is Dead: Round 7

Party Conditions: Timely Inspiration 2/3
Cloud provides concealment. Water / plants difficult terrain; plants (green) provide cover / difficult terrain.

King in Thorns -169 HP, Bleed 1d12, Draind 2
---
Algrim Panaryn 86/99 HP, Clumsy 1, Immune to Aura, DC 27 Ref vs 35 cold
Berwick Winetrout 77/80 HP, Stupefied 1 , Clumsy 1, Enfeebled 1, DC 27 Ref vs 35 cold
Eliander Underhill 17/62 HP, DC 27 Ref vs 35 cold, DC 24 Will vs Dust (Stupefied), DC 24 Will vs Dust (Stupefied or Clumsy)
Grum Skoljar 119/124 HP, Clumsy 3, Enfeebled 1, -10 Speed, everythign Concealed , Stupefied 2, Stunned 1, DC 27 Ref vs 35 cold

Grand Archive

Male N Umbral Gnome Ranger 7|HP 99/99|AC 24|Fort +13 Ref +14 Will +13|Peception +15 (Darkvision)|30ft Move|Exploration Activity: Scout (Scout Dedication +2 Initiative)

Reflex Save with Evasion: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Algrim will use all 3 actions to stride due to difficult terrain.

Grand Archive

N Small Humanoid Cleric (Warpriest) 8| HP: 80 | AC: 25 | Perception +16 | Fort +13 Reflex +12 Will +16 | Move 25’ | Pilgrims Token

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Stupefied: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Close
Berwick casts a two action Harm with Cast Down at the Thorned Monarch.
DC 24 Basic Fort Save
Harm: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 3) = 12

Horizon Hunters

Male N Twilight Halfling Necromancer 7 hp 43/62 | AC 22 |Fort 10•, Ref 14••, Will 13•• | Speed 25 ft., Perception +11• (Init +13), low-light vision | Spell Attack +15•, Spell DC 25 | sheet

Ref save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 27 hitpoints left (was fully healed before cone of cold)
1. Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 Stupefied
2. Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Eliander flings magic lights toward the Monarch.
Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) + 3 = 12

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Orc Barbarian 7 | HP 124/124 Temp: 10/10 | AC 25 / 24 Raging (Deny Advantage) | Fort +16; Ref +11; Will +12 |Per: +12(E) ; Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Point 0/3 | Active conditions:

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Grum is consumed by the cold.

He powers through to get within javelin range and tosses it.

javelin to hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 4) + 9 = 15

and again.

to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

Fort vs Harm: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Grum is caught in the worst of the blast, taking a massive amount of damage but left still standing tall thanks to his barbarian stubbornness. Algrim too is caught in the blast as he darts through the icicles towards the Monarch with a blade in each hand. Elainder and Berwick duck down and void the worst of it.

The party moves foward through the rimed foliage, led by Algrim. They blast the Thorned Monarch with bright bolts of force, streaks of dark energy, and a sharp javelin that wings through the air's glittering ice-cystals. The attacks batter Thorned Monarch backwards — Qxal seems to hover in the air for a moment before falling the earth with a bone-chilling shriek of frustration.

Their wings shudder and fold over their body as they die. The King in Thorns now lies at your feet, nothing more than a pathetic husk.

You have defeated the King in Thorns!

Status :

Algrim: 51/99 HP
Berwick: 60/80 HP
Eliander: 27/62 HP
Grum Skoljar: 49/124 HP

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Orc Barbarian 7 | HP 124/124 Temp: 10/10 | AC 25 / 24 Raging (Deny Advantage) | Fort +16; Ref +11; Will +12 |Per: +12(E) ; Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Point 0/3 | Active conditions:

Grum approaches the husk and drives his javelin through the King's head, giving one final roar before his rage subsides.

Breathing heavily, he puts his javelin away and pulls his elixir of life and drinks it down.

moderate elixir of life: 5d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3, 3) + 12 = 24

He will then reach into his personal stash and drink his healing potion.

lesser healing potion: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 6) + 5 = 18

"That hit's the spot." Grum says as the signs of frostbite slowly fade away.

Grum is back up to 91 HP.

Grand Archive

N Small Humanoid Cleric (Warpriest) 8| HP: 80 | AC: 25 | Perception +16 | Fort +13 Reflex +12 Will +16 | Move 25’ | Pilgrims Token

Berwick finally catches up to Eliander and uses herbs and leaves to create a poultice to treat the wizards wounds.
Aiming for DC 20
Natural Medicine: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Healing: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 1) + 10 = 16

Grand Archive

Male N Umbral Gnome Ranger 7|HP 99/99|AC 24|Fort +13 Ref +14 Will +13|Peception +15 (Darkvision)|30ft Move|Exploration Activity: Scout (Scout Dedication +2 Initiative)

Algrim will try to heal Grum.
Medicine DC20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Healing: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 7) + 10 = 19

Dark Archive

I believe Elainder wants to drink his healing, lest he start with 27 HP in this combat.

Healing: 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 8, 3) + 10 = 24

Status:

Grum: 91 / 124
Berwick: 79/80
Algrim: 70/99
Elainder: 51/62

If this is wrong feel free to let me know and I will adjust.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

Spoiler:
Algrim Panaryn, Scout: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Berwick Winetrout, Detect Magic: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Eliander Underhill, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Grum Skoljar, Search: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Sluggo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

As you recover, you hear a shout of alarm! You smell something acidic on the breeze… there's a shout of alarm and fear from fellow pathfinder in the distance, such as: Eeeew! and Will this ridiculousness ever end!? and WHY!? WHY!?

Out from the foliage sloshes… SLUGGO!

Somehow a huge slug gets the jump on you. Maybe you were too busy healing up or reveling in your victory.

Its four eyestalks rotate, fixating on you. It moves closer, leaving a slippery trail of slime before disgorging mucus at Grum.

Disgorge Mucus: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

Spittle hits a nearby bush and begins to melt it.

Disgorge Mucus, strike 2: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 17 - 5 = 30
Acid: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 5) = 14
Persistent: 1d4 ⇒ 4 and -5 speed while persists
Splash: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Luckily you started a bit spread out so only grim takes the splash

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

Sluggo The Friendly Slug

Terrain: Water/foliage/ ooze trail difficult terrain

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────

Sluggo (-0 HP)
---
➤ Eliander (51/62 HP)
➤ Algrim (50/99 HP)
➤ Berwick (79/80 HP)
➤ Grum (75/124 HP)1d4 Pers. Acid (4), -5 speed

──────────
END OF TURN:
──────────
Grum: DC 15 flat vs Pers. Acid

──────────
RECALL KNOWLEDGE:
──────────

DC 24 (Nature, Animal) on Sluggo:
The slug can trample you
DC 34 (crit success), second success by another PC, or DC 26 as second check after first success:
Spoiler:
The slug is weak to salt!

Grand Archive

N Small Humanoid Cleric (Warpriest) 8| HP: 80 | AC: 25 | Perception +16 | Fort +13 Reflex +12 Will +16 | Move 25’ | Pilgrims Token

Berwick knows the creature with absudden flash of insight.
Going to us the auto succeed to ID for this.
"Be careful or you can get trampled! "

The he casts heightened Searing Light at the giant slug.
Searing Light: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Fire: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 6, 4, 5, 2) = 28

Horizon Hunters

Male N Twilight Halfling Necromancer 7 hp 43/62 | AC 22 |Fort 10•, Ref 14••, Will 13•• | Speed 25 ft., Perception +11• (Init +13), low-light vision | Spell Attack +15•, Spell DC 25 | sheet

Berwick's Medicine gave 16 hitpoints back, which brought me to 43/62. So I'd like to save the elixir for now.

Eliander moves closer and casts Grim tendrils (Fort DC 25) on slug.
negative energy: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Orc Barbarian 7 | HP 124/124 Temp: 10/10 | AC 25 / 24 Raging (Deny Advantage) | Fort +16; Ref +11; Will +12 |Per: +12(E) ; Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Point 0/3 | Active conditions:

Grum goes into a rage as the acid covers his body. He then charges down the narrow strip and takes a swing.

to hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
damage: 2d12 + 12 ⇒ (7, 12) + 12 = 31
d12 bleed for the slug

flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 4


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

Fort: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37

The slug gets wholloped by Grum and singed in the searing light but is still hale. It seems to bleed too. Unfortunately it also seems very good at fort saves.

Algrim is up!

Grand Archive

Male N Umbral Gnome Ranger 7|HP 99/99|AC 24|Fort +13 Ref +14 Will +13|Peception +15 (Darkvision)|30ft Move|Exploration Activity: Scout (Scout Dedication +2 Initiative)

First Action to Hunt Prey on the Slug.

Second Action to Stride.

Third Action to Twin Takedown
Attack 1 Slashing: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Attack 2 Slashing: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage 1 Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 = 16
Damage 2 Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

Algrim misses three times. AC is higher than 24.

The slug is enraged, and tramples all the nearest creatures! It leaves behind a gross slimy trail. It's difficult terrain and you will be exposed to the persistent acid damage if you end your turn in it.

Trample Foot: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 7) + 10 = 23
and Persistent Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 3 and a -5 foot to speeds while taking persistent.

Bleed: 1d12 ⇒ 8
Flat: 1d20 ⇒ 14

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

Hugs From Sluggo The Friendly Slug

Terrain: Water/foliage/ ooze trail difficult terrain and ending your turn in there is bad

──────────
BEFORE YOUR TURN:
──────────
Eliander: DC 27 Ref vs 23 Trample
Algrim: DC 27 Ref vs 23 Trample
Grum: DC 27 Ref vs 23 Trample

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Sluggo (-97 HP)1d12 bleed
----
➤ Eliander (43/62 HP)1d4 Pers. Acid (3), -5 Speed unless crit save
➤ Algrim (50/99 HP)1d4 Pers. Acid (3), -5 Speed unless crit save
➤ Berwick (79/80 HP)
➤ Grum (75/124 HP)1d4 Pers. Acid (3), -5 Speed unless crit save

──────────
END OF TURN:
──────────
Eliander: DC 15 Flat vs Pers. Acid
Algrim: DC 15 Flat vs Pers. Acid
Grum: DC 15 Flat vs Pers. Acid

Grand Archive

Male N Umbral Gnome Ranger 7|HP 99/99|AC 24|Fort +13 Ref +14 Will +13|Peception +15 (Darkvision)|30ft Move|Exploration Activity: Scout (Scout Dedication +2 Initiative)

Not sure if Disrupt Prey would apply with the movement of the Sluggo.
Disrupt Prey AoO to Hunted Prey: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Damage Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 = 9

First Action to Stride.

Second Action to Twin Takedown.
Attack 1 Slashing: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Attack 2 Slashing: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Damage 1 Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10
Damage 2 Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 = 14

Third Action is to attack.
Attack 3 Slashing: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Damage 3 Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12

Persist Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Orc Barbarian 7 | HP 124/124 Temp: 10/10 | AC 25 / 24 Raging (Deny Advantage) | Fort +16; Ref +11; Will +12 |Per: +12(E) ; Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Point 0/3 | Active conditions:

reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Grum attempts to stare down the slug in it's many eyes.

demoralize: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

He then charges at the slug.

attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
damage: 2d12 + 12 ⇒ (10, 5) + 12 = 27

Dark Archive

Botting Algrim's save on the trample…

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Success => Crit success for 0 damage

Botting Grum's flat…

1d20 ⇒ 5

Horizon Hunters

Male N Twilight Halfling Necromancer 7 hp 43/62 | AC 22 |Fort 10•, Ref 14••, Will 13•• | Speed 25 ft., Perception +11• (Init +13), low-light vision | Spell Attack +15•, Spell DC 25 | sheet

Ref save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
flat vs. acid: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Eliander avoids trampling Sluggo and casts magic missiles.
Magic missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

Grand Archive

N Small Humanoid Cleric (Warpriest) 8| HP: 80 | AC: 25 | Perception +16 | Fort +13 Reflex +12 Will +16 | Move 25’ | Pilgrims Token

Berwick casts Guidance on both the Ranger and the Barbarian. Then he moves away from the slug, following his own advice about not getting trampled.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

Algrim slashes the slug as it stomps on his allies.

He then dashes over and slashes it onece — hit it's! Crit… can you solve the AC puzzle?

Sluggo is unperturbed by Grum's demoralize. Perhaps it's stubborn, The barbarian's greataxe bounces off the creature's malleable hide. Elainder avoids the worst of it and throws a missile at the creature; its impact sends slimy ripples across Sluggo's skin!

Berwick offers guidance to his allies. He knows what's coming next…

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

Flat for Elainder: 1d20 ⇒ 5

---

Trample DC 27: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19

Persistent Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Bleed: 1d12 ⇒ 5
Flat to stop bleed: 1d20 ⇒ 14

⚘ ⚘ ⚘

More Hugs from Sluggo the Frierndly Slug

Terrain: Water/foliage/ ooze trail difficult terrain and ending your turn in there re-exposes you to acid

──────────
BEFORE YOUR TURN:
──────────
Eliander: DC 27 Basic Reflex vs 19 trample
Algrim: DC 27 Basic Reflex vs 19 trample
Grum: DC 27 Basic Reflex vs 19 trample

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
Sluggo (-125130 HP)1d12 bleed
---
➤ Eliander (29/62 HP)1d4 Pers. Acid (2), -5 Speed unless crit save
➤ Algrim (47/99 HP)1d4 Pers. Acid (2), -5 Speed unless crit save, Guidance
➤ Berwick (79/80 HP)
➤ Grum (49/124 HP)1d4 Pers. Acid (2), -5 Speed unless crit save, Guidance

──────────
END OF TURN:
──────────
Eliander: DC 5 Flat vs Pers. Acid
Algrim: DC 5 Flat vs Pers. Acid
Grum: DC 5 Flat vs Pers. Acid

Grand Archive

Male N Umbral Gnome Ranger 7|HP 99/99|AC 24|Fort +13 Ref +14 Will +13|Peception +15 (Darkvision)|30ft Move|Exploration Activity: Scout (Scout Dedication +2 Initiative)

Disrupt Prey AoO to Hunted Prey: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Damage Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13

Algrim will use 2 actions to stride around the Sluggo.

Then use his third action to twin takedown with eh Guidance of Berwick.
Attack 1 Slashing: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 1 = 28
Attack 2 Slashing: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Damage 1 Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17
Damage 2 Slashing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 = 15

Grand Archive

N Small Humanoid Cleric (Warpriest) 8| HP: 80 | AC: 25 | Perception +16 | Fort +13 Reflex +12 Will +16 | Move 25’ | Pilgrims Token

Berwick casts a Forbidding Ward between Grum and the Slug which grants a +1 status bonus to Grum for his AC and saving throws against attacks, spells, and other effects from Slugo. 10 minutes duration.

"Scatter! You make too tempting a target all clustered up like that!"

Then he moves again.

Grand Archive

Male N Umbral Gnome Ranger 7|HP 99/99|AC 24|Fort +13 Ref +14 Will +13|Peception +15 (Darkvision)|30ft Move|Exploration Activity: Scout (Scout Dedication +2 Initiative)

Sorry forgot my reflex save
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

With Evasion a Success is a Crit Success for me.

Horizon Hunters

Male N Twilight Halfling Necromancer 7 hp 43/62 | AC 22 |Fort 10•, Ref 14••, Will 13•• | Speed 25 ft., Perception +11• (Init +13), low-light vision | Spell Attack +15•, Spell DC 25 | sheet

Eliander runs away from Sluggo as fast as possible. 3 actions

Horizon Hunters

Male N Twilight Halfling Necromancer 7 hp 43/62 | AC 22 |Fort 10•, Ref 14••, Will 13•• | Speed 25 ft., Perception +11• (Init +13), low-light vision | Spell Attack +15•, Spell DC 25 | sheet

Ref save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

"Sluggo (-125130 HP)." Wow… Sluggo has a lot of HP! :p

Sluggo is badly hurt after weathering more slashing damage from Algrim. Can Grum finish it off, or will you face more trampling goodness!?

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Orc Barbarian 7 | HP 124/124 Temp: 10/10 | AC 25 / 24 Raging (Deny Advantage) | Fort +16; Ref +11; Will +12 |Per: +12(E) ; Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Point 0/3 | Active conditions:

reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 yikes another crit fail

Grum will stride and then power attack

to hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
damage: 3d12 + 12 ⇒ (1, 7, 11) + 12 = 31

that should do it

persistent flat : 1d20 ⇒ 8


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros Arclord: Maps & Handouts, Macros

That does indeed.

With a mighty whollop Grum ends Sluggo's reign of terror.

The forest is silent now. The sounds of battle are distant.

You know you've done more than your part, and can only hope that your fellow Pathfinders have done theirs. Now, it's time to wait.

Great job! Out of combat and handwaiving healing & flat checks.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Orc Barbarian 7 | HP 124/124 Temp: 10/10 | AC 25 / 24 Raging (Deny Advantage) | Fort +16; Ref +11; Will +12 |Per: +12(E) ; Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Point 0/3 | Active conditions:

Grum sprints to the murky water and leaps in to dilute the acid remaining on his body.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

**HOUSE GM ANNOUNCEMENT**

There is a strange sensation throughout the demiplane of tension being released. It’s as though the plane itself had been holding its breath for a long time and finally exhaled. The Thorned Monarch has fallen. Gregaro Voth, now freed from his planar prison, stands before the assembled group.

“Pathfinders, there are no words to thank you for coming to my rescue. I have talked with Venture-Captain Tolal, and I understand I’ve been trapped here for a great many years. Unfortunately, I cannot return with you to Absalom. If I leave this place, the weight of time would suddenly bear down upon me, and I would immediately die. So, I shall remain here, though I imagine I can make this a more palatable prison.”

Voth, still wearing the crown, looks around him, and the landscape suddenly changes. In an instant, where before there was a copse of trees, there now stands a brand-new Pathfinder lodge with sprawling grounds. The scene is beautiful, with dozens of small buildings dotted across a verdant landscape complete with tall trees, colorful flowers, and chirping birds. “I suppose the adventure can come to me! Please, Pathfinders, stay and enjoy a well-deserved rest. Tell me of all the journeys you’ve taken and the discoveries that you’ve made!”

---

After a full night’s rest, though perhaps with a few odd dreams, Oraiah Tolal and Gregaro Voth ask everyone to meet the next morning. Agents assemble in a garden on the new lodge’s grounds.

Gregaro Voth begins, “Pathfinders, you have done amazing work, defeating the Thorned Monarch and his forces after making the arduous journey out here.” Oraiah Tolal continues, “But if Alseta smiles upon our work, you will have a much easier journey home.” Together, they cast a spell, and a shimmering archway appears. After a few moments, Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr and Decemvirate member Eliza Petulengro walk through. Westyr exclaims happily, “Well done, Pathfinders, all of you!” Petulengro explains more. “We’ve established a link between this new lodge and the Maze of the Open Road, a hedge maze and portal network that used to be carefully restricted by the Decemvirate. The Decemvirate is planning to add new nodes to the maze, allowing Pathfinders to swiftly travel to places far from the Society’s current reach. And so, if you are ready to go home, please follow me. You have more than earned a swift trip home!” Petulengro and Westyr lead the way through the portal, into the maze, and through another archway that leads straight back to the Grand Lodge.

That’s the end! Thank you for all your hard work, GMs, and thanks to everyone for playing!

301 to 347 of 347 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's King in Thorns (Gameday X) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.