GM Quirk's JUNKER'S DELIGHT

Game Master Quirk, Private Eye

Maps and slides HERE.


1 to 50 of 1,165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Welcome to beautiful KHEFAK DEPOT!

Please dot in here. Game play to begin week of 9/5/21.


THE AKITONIAN SUN is oppressive in this part of Maro. While most of the city of Maro is down in a deep trench that runs across most of the planet, you find yourselves on the outskirts of the city in an industrial transportation hub. The spaceport is nearby, and several roads criss-cross this area.

Flickering blue lights illuminate the window of a truck stop restaurant. The neon colors say "Urval's Chow Stop" and "All You Can Eat Specials". Nearby are fuel and power stations for recharging vehicles. You see both large and small ground transports, along with several personal vehicles.

It seems that Urval's is a popular place, and it is here that five souls from different parts of the Pact Worlds gather to meet a ride north to the much smaller city of Khefak Depot.

First to arrive are a pahtra and a shobhad (Locket and Gath). They look around the dining area, then find a table for five people, anticipating the arrival of three others they have previously connected with via the infosphere.

A hovering robot stops by the table and drops off cups and a pitcher of water. The menu features a wide variety of food, both for frugal and well off wallets. Traditional Akitonian egg salad sandwiches are one of the features here, but Absalom Station-style wraps are also popular. The all you can eat special is some sort of local fowl, breaded and fried and served with steamed vegetables.

Feel free to introduce your characters, and perhaps flag down the robot wait staff to order something. Chaactrimei, your shirren driver, isn't due for another half hour...


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

The abnormally tall, thin vesk stalks slowly into the sun, relishing the harsh Akitonian sun warming her scales. She walks quietly into the dining area, efficiency and poise communicated in every movement of her lanky limbs.

Her long robe covers most of her green- and red-patterned scales as she carries a minimalistic, carbon-fiber staff. She gracefully folds her long frame into a seat at the table and holds up one claw to the serving staff.

"Arabuk, if you pleassse. And don't cook it."

When the meat arrives, she temporarily drops her serene demeanor and tears into it with sharp teeth, savoring every bite and drop of blood.

After quieting her hunger, she turns to the pahtra and shobhad. "It isss warm to make your acquaintanccce in perssson. I am Janebok. Sssome call me 'Jane', though I do not know why."


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 16/21 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Locket slides into a seat beside Gath. "Better not be a waste of time," he growls, pouring water into a glass.

"I'll try the Pygosian rending goose," he orders.

He looks up as a vesk joins them. "Locket," he murmurs in reply, with a nod.


Male CG Shobhad Soldier 3 SP 23 HP 27 RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +5 R +4 W +4 | Resistance cold 5 | Init +3 Percept +4 | Speed 40'

Uchurtai's old enercycle tears into the truck stop's parking lot. Good maintenance can do little to tech that has to survive generations of use in Akiton's harshest environs, and it shows it. Dust-caked, storm-beaten, and covered in shobhad ritual paint, it looks just about like what you'd expect from the shobhad nomads.

He locks his cycle and stands up, surveying his surroundings with a measure of unease. Maro was about the furthest thing from the vast plains Uchurtai's used to. Nonetheless, there was a job to do, and promises to keep.

Ducking under the doorway, Uchurtai spies the group he's looking for. Other shobhads always stand out. He lumbers over to the group and nods, "I am Uchurtai of the clan of Argjaad. I believe it is you all I am looking for."

He crams himself awkwardly into one of the chairs and flags down a server, "Meat. Lots. Airag. Also lots. That is all."


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

Janebok surveys the pahtra and shobhads quietly with an uncomfortable duration of prolonged eye contact. Finally, she asks "How did you each come to be here?"


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

A tall android walks in, wearing shabby but stylish clothing... looking like someone who is currently down on her luck, but hasn't always been.

She notes the Pahtra and walks over.

Locket, right? I'm Zetara. Here for the job.

She sits down and orders the all you can eat special, eating methodically and listening.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Locket Alyara wrote:

Locket slides into a seat beside Gath. "Better not be a waste of time," he growls, pouring water into a glass.

"I'll try the Pygosian rending goose," he orders.

He looks up as a vesk joins them. "Locket," he murmurs in reply, with a nod.

Pygosian Rending geese is truly a rare delicacy, and although expensive, it proves to be a good choice. The meat is both succulent and pleasantly fragrant.

Pygosian Rending Geese are an inside joke from another game Locket and Gath are in. Pygosia is a real near space planet (Telia are from Pygosia). Pygosian rending geese are something I made up--a goose/crocodile hybrid that have a foul (fowl?) temper. Locket gets a bottlecap for amusing the GM!

The rest of you enjoy the food that the drones from Urval's Chow Stop bring. For the most part, it could be considered comfort food--nothing overly fancy.

Soon you all get a message on your comm units. Your shirren driver is almost here!

Uchurtai:
You should be able to strap your enercycle to top of the ground transport if you would like.


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

Janebok nods formally in acknowledgement of Zetara and regards her passively for some minutes before stating bluntly "I hope you do not hold delusions about liberating all artificial thinking machines, such as ship's computers. Such impractical beliefs would make it nearly impossible to work with you."


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

Zetara nods back.

I hope you do not hold any delusions about Vesk superiority. Such impractical beliefs would make me chuckle.


Male CG Shobhad Soldier 3 SP 23 HP 27 RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +5 R +4 W +4 | Resistance cold 5 | Init +3 Percept +4 | Speed 40'

Uchurtai chuckles at Zetara's remark. His voice is thick with the guttural accent of the shobhad as he says, "Ah, so you're one of those vesk. Unfortunate."


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

Janebok's mouth opens, revealing her teeth in a reptilian attempt at a smile. "I made no such comment on Vesk sssuperiority. The Vessskarium's and the Pact Worlds' interesssts are bound together againssst the Ssswarm. Utility will be optimized by the sssoonessst possssible accsseptancsse of that by all parties."


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 16/21 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Thanks GMQ! Bottle caps are always appreciated.

Locket glances in Janebok's direction. "Came here with the big fella," he says simply, jabbing a thumb in Gath's direction. "From Absalom," he adds.

He nods to Uchurtai and Zetara when they arrive. Flicking his ears, he grumbles, "Our ride'll be here soon."

The pahtra watches the interactions of the others intently, for the most part without comment. Scowling, he grunts, "No one should be beholden to anyone, without a say."


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

Zetara responded to the Vesk

Nor did I make a comment on my own beliefs. I just expressed a blanket statement about a group that you belong to, as you did to me. Was that not an appropriate response?

Although she had suggested that she would chuckle, Zetara doesn't look like she really is in any danger of doing so, her android face remaining unmoved as she continues eating in an attempt to get her money's worth from the special.

At Locket's statement, she glances up briefly, but wants to keep a low profile rather than encouraging a debate about who does or does not deserve autonomy. It wasn't a simple question. Even most free sentients had exceptions for their own species such as children and prisoners. Freedom was often restricted to ensure security. Not a good subject to get into for her mission, and definitely not one to begin when their ride was about to arrive.


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

Janebok relaxes at Zetara's response, pleased by its technical accuracy. "Your ssstatement was perfectly appropriate and I now parssse it clearly." She mostly closes her eyes and blinks slowly, indicating pleasure. "I predict we will work together efficiently."


Male CG Shobhad Soldier 3 SP 23 HP 27 RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +5 R +4 W +4 | Resistance cold 5 | Init +3 Percept +4 | Speed 40'

Uchurtai can’t help but stifle a chuckle at the odd exchange between the vesk and the android. Such precise speaking was hard not to find funny.

He drains the last of his airag and slams the cup on the table, ”A good way to start a job! So, if and when we get our payout, what’ll it go towards for the rest of you lot? Me, I’ll get a new cycle, give the rest to my clan.“


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

Between bites, Zetara says

I will use the proceeds of this employment contract to pay for transport to a planet where I will be able to continue my work as a Xenoarchaeologist. Unfortunately I no longer have the backing of a big museum, so I have to do freelance, which is much riskier, and harder to sustain consistently without side employment. It can be very profitable if you find something that more than one place wants, because you can spark a nice bidding war. It just doesn't always work out that way.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 5/21 HP 24/24 RP 3/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

At the Table, first impressions of Gath

Big, shambling, and slack-jawed, with a oversized, tusked lower jaw broader than its cranium, the four armed shobhad does not give a first impression of intelligence. Its armor, surmounted by a fiber-rope harness from which hangs a large openly displayed knife, a huge spiked club, and the long rifle slung on its back, coupled with its size, do provide a a definite impression of menace.

When it opens its mouth to speak, it confirms the absence of great intelligence, but belies the impression of menace. Its speech is slow, deep and softly gentle.

Uchurtai:

That description is written with non-shobhads in mind. You would probably also notice the following.

Gath is a young adult male who should be a hardened warrior by now, but he wears his harness like an adolescent with his first armor. His oversized-spiked club (a reflavored doshko) is crude and clumsy weapon. The knife is nothing special. The long (horizon striker sniper) rifle is so old that it might be a museum piece.

He orders the special and digs in with enthusiasm, using his out-sized broad-bladed knife to dice the meat and spear it into his mouth, or to scoop in vegetables lke the knife was a flat spoon. That part of eating is neat and dainty enough, but then he begins to chew. His protruding lower canines prevent his lips from making a positive seal and a thin line of drool, much wiped with the back of his lower hands, escapes. Small bits of food solids follow the flow of drool and are smeared on the back of his hands, immersed in a puddle on his dish, and festooned onto the table.

Gath enjoys his repast very much. Periodically he stops eating and smiles benevolently on all. This accentuates the flow of drool and food. Then he tucks in again.

When it's time to go
Upon rising from the table Gath looks mournfully at the food left behind. He scoops up a generous handful to take with him.

He whispers quite audibly to Locket. "I hope our new friends aren't mean. I think some of them were a little mean to each other."


Male CG Shobhad Soldier 3 SP 23 HP 27 RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +5 R +4 W +4 | Resistance cold 5 | Init +3 Percept +4 | Speed 40'

On first meeting Gath

Uchurtai flashes the fellow shobhad a toothy grin (though all shobhad grins are by default toothy) and says in their native tongue,

Shobhad:
"Well met, fellow son of Ka."

Over the course of the meal, he's sure to offer Gath some ox-beetle milk airag, as is tradition to the shobhad.

On departing
Gath was an interesting sort. Soft, certainly, but of a kinder temperament than many of the shobhad. If he could fight, that remained to be seen. If not, Uchurtai would do what he could to show Gath the ropes of war.

He lumbers out into the parking lot, grabbing his enercyle with two arms the size of small tree trunks and hefting it up onto his shoulder. The speed with which he did it suggests that it was far from the first time he'd executed that maneuver.


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

Janebok politely carries on the conversation without volunteering too much information about herself or her plans. When it is time to leave, she slowly but smoothly unfolds herself out of the booth and begins walking out.


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

Zetara calculates the time it will take her to walk outside, gives herself a 30 second cushion, and keeps eating up to that point. Then she moves out to their transport and gets in.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 16/21 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Gath of Akiton wrote:
He whispers quite audibly to Locket. "I hope our new friends aren't mean. I think some of them were a little mean to each other."

Locket sniffs dismissively. Leaning in slightly toward Gath, he murmurs, "It's like sparring, but with words. Testing things out." The pahtra nods his chin toward their new colleagues.

Locket finishes off the last morsel of the rending goose, delicately dabs his face and fingers with a napkin before rising from his seat.

Leaving a modest tip, he follows the others outside.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 5/21 HP 24/24 RP 3/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

"Hmm." Gath's jaw works back and forth while he mulls over Locket's analysis.

Uchurtai wrote:

On first meeting Gath

Uchurtai flashes the fellow shobhad a toothy grin (though all shobhad grins are by default toothy) and says in their native tongue,

Shobhad:
"Well met, fellow son of Ka."

Over the course of the meal, he's sure to offer Gath some ox-beetle milk airag, as is tradition to the shobhad.

Akitonian:
"Uh, thanks? It's nice to meet you too. I'm Gath." His pronunciation is sure, but his phrasing is slow.
Uchurtai wrote:


Over the course of the meal, he's sure to offer Gath some ox-beetle milk airag, as is tradition to the shobhad.

Gath accepts the airag and sips it cautiously. He smiles and takes a deep draft. "Just like my dame makes. My grandsire taught me to drink it. All the males in my family love it. "


Your ride arrives.

A male shirren named Chaactrimei is your driver. He is friendly, outgoing, and seems knowledgeable about the route and about your destination.

It will take several days to grind eastward across the planet’s dusty, red rocks.

Chaactrimei indicates that he has transported folks all
across Akiton. He can answer questions that you might
have about the planet.

He is curious as to why you are heading to Khefak Depot. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you headed to Khefak Depot? Maybe I can help you by pointing you in the right direction."


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

Why do people usually go to Khefak Depot? Anything we should keep an eye out for, or that you recommend highly?


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

Janebok doesn't say anything but inwardly approves of Zetara turning the question back on the driver. Not volunteering unnecessary information was a wise instinct.

She leans forward, listening. Once the driver answers, she asks "What sentient races, if any, are native to this planet?"


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 5/21 HP 24/24 RP 3/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

"Mr. Fattail told us there was work at Khefak Depot. We're going to work there a while and save some money before we travel the Kaviri Plains. I'm going to see where I was born." Gath replies to Chaactrimei enthusiastically.

"Hey, do you know how to zoom board? My friend Senk could practically fly on one. Some day she's going to show me how."


Male CG Shobhad Soldier 3 SP 23 HP 27 RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +5 R +4 W +4 | Resistance cold 5 | Init +3 Percept +4 | Speed 40'

Uchurtai nods at Chaactrimei, "I will put my enercycle on top of your van." It's not really a question.

He crams himself in, slightly perturbed by the small space.

Janebok's question rankles him quite a bit, "What in the Hells do you mean by that?" He exhales sharply before replying with a grin, "Quite a few, though. More than Vesk Prime, I'm sure. Well, judging by the fact you asked that when a proud son of Akiton sits in close proximity to you, there are none at all."


Zetara wrote:
Why do people usually go to Khefak Depot? Anything we should keep an eye out for, or that you recommend highly?

Chaactrimei replies, "Most people who are visitors at the 'Depot are there because of the junk tourism. You see, there's a bunch of old wrecked spaceships around Khefak Depot. People like to treasure hunt, look for scrap, or just enjoy these old pieces of history. There's a whole industry of tour guides, transportation services, and lodging services that cater to these people."

He continues, "the only thing to watch out for is a small-time gang who couldn't make it in Maro taking up residence in some of the neighborhoods of the 'depot. I'm sure they'll be dealt with before too long..."

After a moment of silence, he adds that you should pay a visit to Paulo's Pandorica. "It's the friendliest little restaurant out in the skirt. Tell Paulo Chaactrimei sent you!"

Further queries indicate the skirt refers to the outer ring of businesses around the edge of town.


Janebok the Cold wrote:

She leans forward, listening. Once the driver answers, she asks "What sentient races, if any, are native to this planet?"

"Well, you got your Hylkis, which are basically human. There's also a boatload of ysoki on this planet. Add to that shobhad, just like your two friends back there. Then you have your contemplatives, but I don't see them emerge from their institutions of higher learning out east very often. Oh, and there's ikeshti too!"


Gath of Akiton wrote:

"Mr. Fattail told us there was work at Khefak Depot. We're going to work there a while and save some money before we travel the Kaviri Plains. I'm going to see where I was born." Gath replies to Chaactrimei enthusiastically.

"Hey, do you know how to zoom board? My friend Senk could practically fly on one. Some day she's going to show me how."

"You won't have any trouble finding work in the 'depot. Between catering to the tourists and other small industry, there's always plenty of work."

Chaactrimei gives you puzzled look when it comes to zoom boards. "I have not personally tried that. I'd probably just break my carapace at this point in my life. Hope your friend can visit you here sometime!"


Chaactrimei stands and looks puzzled as Uchurtai throws his bike on top of the transport.

But just when you think he might get grumpy about it he disappears, then throws a couple of sturdy straps over the side of the vehicle to secure the bike. "Just pull those tight, then hook the straps on those loops."

The transport actually is quite roomy, even for the two shobhad. Think small bus size.

You may continue your discussion and questions. We will arrive in Khefak Depot with tomorrow night's post!


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

Thank you for the recommendation says Zetara.

The place sounded interesting. She wondered whether she could get more details on the gang when they got to town.


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None
Uchurtai wrote:

Uchurtai nods at Chaactrimei, "I will put my enercycle on top of your van." It's not really a question.

He crams himself in, slightly perturbed by the small space.

Janebok's question rankles him quite a bit, "What in the Hells do you mean by that?" He exhales sharply before replying with a grin, "Quite a few, though. More than Vesk Prime, I'm sure. Well, judging by the fact you asked that when a proud son of Akiton sits in close proximity to you, there are none at all."

That's mostly a function of me not being familiar with the setting. Janebok would probably have known that but ah well.

Janebok nods to the responses about sentient races. "My query was regarding which sentient species originated on this planet, an aspect of the natural history with which I am unfamiliar. For example, Vesk Prime is the original home of the Vesk, of course, but also the Caiagaras and Skeraskens. Of those three only the Vesk will also be encountered on non-native worlds, of course."


Chaactrimei responds to Jane, "Ohhhh...I see what you mean. I think I'm the wrong one to answer that. My guess is the answer is complicated though--many of the races that are here on Akiton in large numbers have been here long enough to consider their home planet. I suppose that could still mean they arrived here from somewhere else before the Gap...there's someone smarter than me that can give you a better answer, I'm sure.


AFTER SEVERAL DAYS of travel through the barren wastes of the Akitonian desert, up ahead you see signs of civilization. At first it's just a fuel stop that might also sell convenience items.

Not long after this you start to notice that other vehicles become more common. In fact, up ahead several vehicles sit near a pair of crashed starships not far off the road. Several human, dwarf, and lashunta tourists explore what is left of these wrecks.

As evening approaches, Chaactrimei's vehicle rounds a bend. As it does, you see the bright lights of Khefak Depot. Instead of the quaint frontier town you imagined, you see what amounts to a fairly large city. Flickering neon lights, high-rise hotels, and a myriad of restaurants, theaters, and even museums greet you.

Pre-war Las Vegas comes to mind. Here's what the book says:

Chaactrimei’s vehicle speeds toward a growing glare of tall structures. Grand buildings—impossibly clean considering
the fine grit choking the air—ring the outer edge of Khefak
Depot. Flashy signs for accommodations and entertainment
adorn every surface. As Chaactrimei drives deeper into
town, glossy facades quickly fade into huddles of dust stained
buildings. Mountains of crashed starships and other junk stretch behind them. Piles of metal, glass, plastic, and countless other
materials glint in the light of the burning sun.

Khefak Depot appears quite busy. Many wheeled vehicles trundle through the streets, some of which wind through junk mounds.

Vendors hawk their wares on corners and haggle with customers.

Chaactrimei pulls up to a curb and says, “End of the
line. It’s been a real pleasure driving you folks. Hope you find what you’re looking for here.”
With a wave, the shirren departs, his vehicle emitting a cloud of exhaust.

You are free to explore the city. Some of you have some opportunities set up, and you can schedule a meeting and possibly employment orientation tomorrow. Meanwhile, up ahead there are several dingy, old (but inexpensive) hotels.


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

As the group arrives in Khefak Depot, Janebok keeps an eye out for cheap accommodations that receive as much sunlight and thus natural warmth as possible.


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

Zetara is happy to be able to get out and see more than just the inside of a vehicle. She checks the local net on her comm unit, looking for messages about employment, and then looks around, trying to see if any of the museums offer free admission.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 5/21 HP 24/24 RP 3/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

Stepping off the bus, Gath stretches hugely. All his arms spread from his body, and he arcs his back. Then he lays the long sniper rifle across his shoulders, clutched in his upper hands so that his arms hang from the gun like haunches of smoked meat. He folds his lower hands across his stomach.

"Let's try the Pandorica! I'm hungry again. If we get a job there maybe we can eat for free." He addresses Locket directly, but then raises his head to include the rest of the group.

"Are you guys hungry?"


Male CG Shobhad Soldier 3 SP 23 HP 27 RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +5 R +4 W +4 | Resistance cold 5 | Init +3 Percept +4 | Speed 40'

Uchurtai nods at Gath and says with a smile, ”Almost always.”


As you consider your plans for dinner and lodging, your group walks near an alleyway. There is the sound of a struggle from the other end.

At the far end of this short, dingy alley, a trio of humans
with bright red skin, clad in leather jackets, stand over a
prone ysoki woman to whom they deliver a series of vicious
kicks and punches. She cries out in pain with every blow,
while another ysoki, who appears similarly dressed to the
humans, sneers.

“You knew the consequences for refusing Mr. Do’trulu’s generous offer, Riddle,” the standing ysoki says. “Really, you brought this on yourself.” Then he looks up. “Hey, you there! This is none of your business. Why don’t you skedaddle before you find yourself missing a few teeth?”

The ysoki assailent pauses for briefest moment. "On second thought, they've already seen too much! Let 'em have it, boys!"

With that, the ysoki assailent (black) takes cover behind an old beat up ground transport, pulls a pistol, and fires.

But at who? 1, Locket. 2, Uchurtai.
flip of a coin: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Uchurtai it is!
to hit vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage, P: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Hit!

Initiative rolls:
Janebok: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Locket: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Uchurtai: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Zetara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Gath: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
enemy black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
enemy blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
enemy red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
enemy green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Bold may go. Please see the map on slide 2. Gath and Uchurtai look terrifying! Janebok and Uchurtai, would you add your basic information to your signature line much like Locket, Gath, and Zetara? Let us know if you need help with this. Round 1.

1. Enemy Ysoki (black)
2. Gath
3. Uchurtai (-5)

4. Enemy Red
5. Zetara
6. Janebok
7. Enemy Green
8. Enemy Blue
9. Locket


Male NG Pahtra Street Rat Soldier (Ascetic Warrior, Qi Adept) 3 | SP 16/21 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

On the trip and upon arrival...

Locket stared out the window. The vast barren landscape zipping by outside made him uneasy. No where on Absalom Station even came close to the desolation of the dusty red dunes nor the vast diatances stretching between... everything.

The open sky above was ominous, feeling as though it might both crush him under its weight or suck him up from the surface and swallow him with nothing around to stop it.

On edge and rigid, he's even less chatty than usual on the ride - although responds with grunts and minimal syllables when spoken to directly.

As the van passes through the first signs of return to civilisation, Locket begins to relax and glance around the vehicle at his companions.

He nods at Gath's suggestion. "That's an idea," he murmurs, feeling more himself. "S'pose a drink'd be hoping for too much..."

Ah man! Improved initiative and I still go last? Haha Gee the dice bot doesn't like me of late...


Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

Info added. IDK why I forgot to earlier.


Male Shobhad Mystic (empath) 3 SP 5/21 HP 24/24 RP 3/3 // EAC 13 KAC 15 // F +2 R +1 W+5 // Resistance cold 5 // Init +0 Percept +7 SM +9 // Speed 40' ()

"HEY! That's not nice or right! Stop it now and let her go!"

To back up his words, Gath lifts the rifle lying across his shoulders over his head and lowers it into firing position.

"Uchurtai, stay to the right."

Gath figures that he can shoot over the rest of the party.

Don't want to bull through the party. I'll ready an action to shoot blue if he does anything aggressive toward the party or the gang's victim.

Readied shot:

shobhad horizon striker v blue KAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 ... damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 critical -; Analog, sniper (500,) unwieldy


Male CG Shobhad Soldier 3 SP 23 HP 27 RP 4 |EAC 14 KAC 15 | F +5 R +4 W +4 | Resistance cold 5 | Init +3 Percept +4 | Speed 40'

Uchurtai charges in, towering over the thugs as he slams his spear into one of them (blue). He roars as he does so, "You will learn the pain of your folly!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


That escalated quickly.

Uchurtai hurries forward and lands a punishing hit on one of the ruffians.

Another one (red) steps forward and swings his tactical baton at the shobhad.

Guarded step.

to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Looks like a hit to me.

Bold may go. Please see the map on slide 2. Round 1.

1. Enemy Ysoki (black)
2. Gath
3. Uchurtai (-11)
4. Enemy Red
5. Zetara
6. Janebok

7. Enemy Green
8. Enemy Blue (-5)
9. Locket


Map NG Female Android Xenoarchaeologist Operative 3 | SP 9/18 | HP 22/22 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 | KAC 15 | CMD 23 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +8 | Low-light vision / Darkvision (black and white only) 60 feet | Movement speed 40 feet

Zetara moves forward to get a clear shot and shoots at black.

Attack (Skipshot Pistol): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Piercing Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Sadly, she misses.


Zetara misses with her shot.

Janebok may go.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LN Vesk (Technomancer 3)|SP 14/15 HP 21/21 RP 5/5|EAC 16, KAC 16|F 1 R 4 W 3| Init +3|Per +6 SM +0|Speed 30 ft|Active conditions: None

Classic level 1 spellcaster move right here.

Janebok moves forward, gliding past Locket, and waves her hand toward one of the ruffians (blue) then clenches long, scaly fingers into a fist. As she moves, she hisses balefully "Are you fools unaware of the existential threat posed by the Swarm to usss all? Crime ssseverely lowers economic output that should be devoted to military resssearch and development!"

Daze! DC 14 will save, assuming he has 3 or fewer HD.

1 to 50 of 1,165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Quirk's JUNKER'S DELIGHT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.