7-03 Bronze House Reprisal (Inactive)

Game Master KingOfAnything


1 to 50 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Sign-Ups

Just after midnight, one of Heidmarch Manor’s servants, a young man named Jardan, gathers you all, apologizing for the late hour and informing them that the venture-captain needs to speak with you.

Jarden leads the way to the library, where Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch stands waiting, along with two seated guests: an elderly man and a woman in uniform. The venture-captain finishes reading a paper with a satisfied smile, and dismisses the servant. “Thank you, Jardan. Welcome, friends. I apologize for the hour, but Aspis spies are about, and this matter requires they suspect nothing. As you know, we have struggled with the Consortium’s stranglehold on city politics. Maiveer Sloan and his agents still hold sway with Lord-Mayor Grobaras; fortunately, the Council of Ushers has grown tired of the Consortium’s illegal smuggling of Thassilonian relics and the LordMayor’s failure to enforce the law.”

She gestures toward the seated man, “Lord Deverin represents members of the Council that would see something done. They have provided a writ empowering the Pathfinder Society as their agent in this matter. We are to investigate a smuggling operation, find evidence of the Consortium’s complicity, and, once we have proof, tear apart Bronze House to uncover the rest of Sloan’s illegal activities.”

Lord Deverin speaks, his words interspersed with rasping coughs, “Please, Lady Heidmarch. You are merely authorized to search for evidence and defend yourselves if any resist. We don’t want a war in the middle of the city.”

Heidmarch offers a placating gesture, “Of course, I understand. Pathfinders, remember you are acting as the city’s agents; do not literally tear the building apart, and absolutely do not harm Maiveer Sloan. This is an investigation, not an assassination.” She turns to the seated woman, who rises. “Kasadei is a member of the city guard and she will act as your liaison. She has some authority to request assistance, but is primarily an observer. Kasadei?”

Kasadei moves to greet each of you in turn, and then continues the briefing. “Thank you, Lady Heidmarch. I’ve read of your Society’s exploits, and heard much of its actions around the city, mostly good things. I’m eager to see you in action. The city guard recently identified one Thassilonian site we suspect the smugglers are looting. I will guide you there when you’re ready.”

Lord Deverin grumbles about the hour and needing some wine to soothe his throat and departs. Kasadei escorts him out. Lady Heidmarch turns toward you, waiting for the others to depart before speaking again. “Officially, we’re working for the city to stop this smuggling operation and, if you succeed, we can drive a wedge of public embarrassment between Sloan and the Lord-Mayor. More importantly, the Aspis dared attack the Grand Convocation. We’ve learned from an inside informant that Sloan was instrumental in planning that attack. The Grand Convocation should have been a celebration of our achievements, but thanks to Sloan, Pathfinder agents lost their lives that day, and the Society lost valuable artifacts that we’ve spent the last year collecting. Sloan must pay. Physically harming him is not an option, but find as much evidence of illegal activity as you can, and any information on Aspis activities while you’re at it. We have a rare chance to legally go in and look at his books. You aren’t authorized to seize property that the Consortium obtained legally. That being said, if a particular object catches your eye, well, I’m sure I can explain away one item disappearing from the Bronze House, as long as you can prove it is not of Thassilonian origin. If you do meet Sloan, trick him into revealing as much as you can. He’s a cunning old fox, but he’s not infallible; the Council turning on him and our knowledge of his complicity in the Absalom attack might shake him. Desna smile on you, Pathfinders.”

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

"Theft and looting? People betraying the Society, selling us to the Consortium so that they might attack and murder us? Sounds like just my sort of investigation"

"What do we know of Sloan? What has he done to raise our suspicions?"

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral enters and looks at the group.

"Aha! You have to be the team I am supposed to join! They told me some stuff about you before I was transported here! Toral is my name!" the dwarf says with a grumpy attitude.

"You must be the cold woman!" the dwarf says with a glance to Frost.

Then he turns to the Venture Captain.

"Hmm ... first I thought this is again one of these missions! I thought that the Exchange again forgot that I have a business to run! A business! The only reason for dragging my body to these Pathfinder events is the good pay ... and obviously the contacts ... but a possibility to gain influence and business relationships in Magnimar is worth the effort!" he says with a stern but satisfied look on his face.

"This means we need to act! Trust is the basis of my business relationships and I don't want the council to find out that we have divided interests!!!" he says with determination in his voice.

"Well, I should complain less and work harder to get back to my enterprise ASAP!"

He thinks for a moment.

"Lady Heidmarch, please!? We are to do this mission with two different hearts beating in our chest!?? Ha! You surely only want to get rid of the Aspis, right? And what happens when the city officials find out? And do you know more about Maiveer Sloan and his associates? And what about the mayor, can he interfer?!" he asks.


Sign-Ups
~Frost~ wrote:
"What do we know of Sloan? What has he done to raise our suspicions?"

Heidmarch raises an eyebrow, "Maiveer Sloan is the executive director of the Consortium's headquarters in the Dockway district, the Bronze House. Our informant told us about Sloan's involvement in the terrible events at the Grand Convocation. Your job is to see him pay for his crimes."

Toral wrote:
"Lady Heidmarch, please!? We are to do this mission with two different hearts beating in our chest!?? Ha! You surely only want to get rid of the Aspis, right? And what happens when the city officials find out? And do you know more about Maiveer Sloan and his associates? And what about the mayor, can he interfere?!" he asks.

Sheila smiles at the dwarf, "The Council of Ushers provided us with official credentials, but the city guard answers to the Lord-Mayor as well. Our success relies on keeping him and Sloan in the dark as long as possible. Find the evidence, and we can force their hands."

Kasadei slips back into the room and moves to stand behind Venture-Captain Heidmarch. "When you are ready to pursue this smuggling operation, I have a lead."

Knowledge (history or local) about Magnimar

10+:

Magnimar and Korvosa are the two major city-states of southern Varisia. Korvosan dissidents founded Magnimar a little over a century ago. The city’s most prominent landmark is the Irespan, a ruined portion of an enormous Thassilonian bridge that towers over the city.

15+:

Magnimar is divided into nine distinct districts, with wealthier citizens living on the Summit atop Seacleft Cliff, and working class citizens living on the Shore. The poor and many criminals live in the Shadow beneath the Irespan. The Council of Ushers, a legislative body of nobles and merchants, the Varisian Council, and Lord-Mayor Grobaras jointly function as Magnimar’s government.

20+:

In practice, the Lord-Mayor controls city governance while the Council of Ushers remains locked in endless debates.

25+:

The city’s Golemworks is famous for its constructs, most notably the angelic guardian.

Knowledge (local) about the local Aspis Consortium activities.

10+:

The Aspis Consortium established a presence in Magnimar near the city’s founding. They operate a successful shipping and money-lending business.

15+:

The Consortium operates from their headquarters in the Dockway district, the Bronze House. Maiveer Sloan is the executive director.

20+:

The Consortium operates numerous successful smuggling operations in Varisia and has been shipping Thassilonian relics out through Magnimar for decades.

25+:

After setbacks in recent years, Sloan has reinvigorated his projects in Varisia, and Consortium ships delivered a fresh wave of agents and resources in recognition of his success. Bronze agent Melnat Glimsilk, a gnome illusionist, is among the new arrivals.

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Magnimar - Know Local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Aspis - Know Local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Frost shrugs.

Sovereign Court

F Vishkanya
bot me:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage with precision]1d6+15[/dice] [dice=Damage w/o precision]1d6+9[/dice]
charmed life 0/4 Swashbuckler 7|HP 69/69| AC 25 (26 engaged w/ 1 enemy), FF 18, T 17, CMD 21 (23 vs Disarm) | Fort +4 (+10 vs Poison) Ref +10 Will +1 | init +9; Perc +5; SM +3 | Pan. 3/3 ||low light, spd 30 Conditions- 2 str damage

Magnimar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Aspis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Walla thinks for a bit before stating, "Magnimar has been around for about a century after Korvosan dissidents started the new city. The Aspis Consortium established a presence near the city's founding. The operater a shipping and money-lending business. Their headquarters is the Bronze House located in the Dockway district. The current executive director is Maiveer Sloan."

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

kn local Magnimar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

kn local Aspis: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Toral shrugs, "I really do not know more than Walla. So let us go then!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle of Sarenrae 5 (HP 31/49) | AC:17(20) | T:11(14) | FF:16(19) | cmd:15 | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 20ft | Channels: 4/5 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5 | Status: Link (Walla,Fox), Shield of Faith (12 min)

Kn History - Magnimar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Friar Robun stares around in wonder at the appointment of Heidmarch Manor. "This is a lovely home, Lady Heidmarch. More to the point, I'm glad to be part of this mission. The loss of life at the Grand Convocation was an affront to the Dawnflower. I hope I can help to bring some justice to those responsible through our efforts here. On the subject of items available for recovery--do we have any intelligence about particular artifacts that might be on the premises of the Bronze House?"

Turning to his fellow Pathfinders, including the newcomer Toral, Robun smiles, [b]"And I am pleased to work with you all once again!


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

The fox had been quietly lounging nearby, thought its eyes were attentive at madam Heidmarch's briefing.

It smiled at every colleague it had previously been assigned with, and seemingly sizing up the stout dwarf newcomer.


Sign-Ups

Kasadei claps her hands together, "Well then. We'll depart shortly after dawn. Our journey will take about six hours on foot, four if you all have mounts to ride."

You may do some shopping or gather some information before departing.

Diplomacy (Gather Info):
DC 10+
Spoiler:
The Aspis Consortium established a presence in Magnimar near the city’s founding. They operate a successful shipping and money-lending business.

DC 15+
Spoiler:
The Consortium operates from their headquarters in the Dockway district, the Bronze House. Maiveer Sloan is the executive director.

DC 20+
Spoiler:
The Consortium operates numerous successful smuggling operations in Varisia and has been shipping Thassilonian relics out through Magnimar for decades.

DC 25+
Spoiler:
After setbacks in recent years, Sloan has reinvigorated his projects in Varisia, and Consortium ships delivered a fresh wave of agents and resources in recognition of his success. Bronze agent Melnat Glimsilk, a gnome illusionist, is among the new arrivals.

Kasadei leads the expedition north on the Lost Coast road. She steps off the road a short distance past a wayside shrine to Desna, and follows a winding footpath leading into steep rolling hills until she reaches a fallen statue of a man wielding a feathered staff. “Our diviner puts the site just over this rise, though he could see nothing else.”

DC 15 Survival:
You identify the signs of wagons passing through in the previous day

DC 30 Knowledge (history):
You identify the statue of Xanderghul, Thassilonian Runelord of Pride

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Diplomacy 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
"I wasn't able to glean anything further than what we already know from the taverns and inns, perhaps it was my appearance put off the shoadowy types" Frost chuckles.

***

"I know nothing of this place, but if it is of interest it is best we proceed with caution" Frost draws her sword but keeps it flat against Ragnar's saddle so as not to appear anything more than ready to defend, not to threaten.

Sovereign Court

F Vishkanya
bot me:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage with precision]1d6+15[/dice] [dice=Damage w/o precision]1d6+9[/dice]
charmed life 0/4 Swashbuckler 7|HP 69/69| AC 25 (26 engaged w/ 1 enemy), FF 18, T 17, CMD 21 (23 vs Disarm) | Fort +4 (+10 vs Poison) Ref +10 Will +1 | init +9; Perc +5; SM +3 | Pan. 3/3 ||low light, spd 30 Conditions- 2 str damage

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

"I was not able to find out anything more."

Before leaving, Walla turns to Venture-Captain Heidmarch. "Do you have any horses available for use?"

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

"Let us see what people tell me when I look into their souls. Usually, they flee right after they spilled the beans as they cannot bear to spend time with me but at least I get the information!" Toral says shaking his head.

diplomacy : 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

"Okay, team! Listen up! The Aspis Consortium established a presence in Magnimar near the city’s founding. They operate a successful shipping and money-lending business. The Consortium operates from their headquarters in the Dockway district, the Bronze House. Maiveer Sloan is the executive director. The Consortium operates numerous successful smuggling operations in Varisia and has been shipping Thassilonian relics out through Magnimar for decades." Toral tells you.

"But the spicy part is that after setbacks in recent years, Sloan has reinvigorated his projects in Varisia, and Consortium ships delivered a fresh wave of agents and resources in recognition of his success. Bronze agent Melnat Glimsilk, a gnome illusionist, is among the new arrivals." he says with a smile.

~

When they travel with the expedition north on the Lost Coast road Toral sees something and puts his hands on his lips.

survival : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Quietly he says, "Here, there are signs of wagons passing through in the previous day."

~

knowledge history: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Toral tries to tap into the past to receive a glimpse of insight.

Using KNOWLEDGE OF THE AGES (Su) 1/6:
You can search through time to recall some bit of forgotten lore or information. You can retry any Knowledge skill check you have made within the past minute, gaining an insight bonus on the check equal to your Wisdom modifier. You can use this ability a number times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier.

knowledge history, Wisdom +6 on top: 1d20 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 6 = 31

Toral looks at the fallen statue of a man wielding a feathered staff

"And this here is the statue of Xanderghul, Thassilonian Runelord of Pride! So the ruins have to be near here!"

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

"I see we have the right people for the job after all" Frost gives Toral a knowing nod as a clear sign of appreciation.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle of Sarenrae 5 (HP 31/49) | AC:17(20) | T:11(14) | FF:16(19) | cmd:15 | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 20ft | Channels: 4/5 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5 | Status: Link (Walla,Fox), Shield of Faith (12 min)

When the group assembles in the morning, Friar Robun is looking healthier than you have seen him in a long time, though his skin still flakes and his sores still ooze in an unbecoming and off-putting way. Still, he is ready to move out with the group, and remains impressed by the skills and knowledge of his fellow Pathfinders, particularly Toral, who seems to be a font of information. "Have you walked these streets before, Toral? It's like you could be our guide to the city and its surrounds!"

Purchased a Belt of Mighty Consititution +2 to help boost the old HP a bit more when I need to take some wounds for the team.
With that in mind, I'm going to set up my Life Link with Walla and Fox for the time being.


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

The fox walks near the friendly Friar, keeping eyes and nose at the ready.

Perception, are we being watched?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Sign-Ups

Here, Kasadei signals the guard scouts traveling with you to wait nearby. The road winds down to an excavated cave entrance. The Thassilonian site lies within. Outside the cave are two partially loaded wagons, filled with straw-stuffed crates of wine stamped with an embellished vintner's mark. Shining jewels, ivory statues, and platinum coins glimmer within the wagons, whlie a dozen empty bottles litter the ground.

A lone man watches over the wagons, drinking from a bottle and singing out of tune, "...Cayden Cailean does it with an ale in one hand.". A raven on the ridge screeches and croaks in time with the song.

You can place your tokens on the map at the bottom of the hill. Let me know how you are approaching

DC 15+ Know(nobility):
You recognize the noble house's mark on the crates of wine as belonging to the Jeggare family.

DC 20+ Know(nobility):
You realize that the wine comes not from the local Korvosan branch of the Jeggare family, but all the way from Count Varian Jeggare's vineyards in Western Cheliax. The count is a prominent Chelish venture-captain.

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Know-Nobility 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Frost continues to ride forward at a leisurely pace, entirely like a mounted knight might when wandering around as if they own the place.

"You there, that Bard. Are these really crates of wine from the famed Jeggare's Chelish vinyards? Who is the person with such great tastes to have imported such a rare and exceptional drop?"

"Forgive me, I am Sister Frost, this is Friar Robun, and these are our guides and escorts" Frost indicates to Walla and Toral "We are out for a stroll and to visit the ruins - perhaps you could spare us a glass or two? Cayden would no doubt approve"

She continues to ingratiate herself.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

knowledge nobility: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Frost knows a lot, too! Really not a fan of wine anyway! Toral thinks.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle of Sarenrae 5 (HP 31/49) | AC:17(20) | T:11(14) | FF:16(19) | cmd:15 | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 20ft | Channels: 4/5 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5 | Status: Link (Walla,Fox), Shield of Faith (12 min)

"Hullo, friend! Good health and sun's light to you! From the look of things, it seems like either you've been here a good while, or you've some friends further in the ruins to share the vine's gift with you. Tell us, will they come join us to share in taking in the ruins?"

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Sovereign Court

F Vishkanya
bot me:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage with precision]1d6+15[/dice] [dice=Damage w/o precision]1d6+9[/dice]
charmed life 0/4 Swashbuckler 7|HP 69/69| AC 25 (26 engaged w/ 1 enemy), FF 18, T 17, CMD 21 (23 vs Disarm) | Fort +4 (+10 vs Poison) Ref +10 Will +1 | init +9; Perc +5; SM +3 | Pan. 3/3 ||low light, spd 30 Conditions- 2 str damage

K (nobility): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Walla bows to the man when introduced. "A drink would be nice after our travels."

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Sign-Ups
~Frost~ wrote:
"You there, that Bard. Are these really crates of wine from the famed Jeggare's Chelish vinyards? Who is the person with such great tastes to have imported such a rare and exceptional drop?"

The man spins around as Frost hails him, hand reaching for the hilt of a greatsword strapped to his back.

Quote:
"Forgive me, I am Sister Frost, this is Friar Robun, and these are our guides and escorts" Frost indicates to Walla and Toral

As the others come in to view, he shouts toward the cave behind him, "Help! Help! Brigands!"

Quote:
"We are out for a stroll and to visit the ruins - perhaps you could spare us a glass or two? Cayden would no doubt approve"

He becomes less alarmed as Frost continues, but remains wary. "Chauncey's m'name. Chauncey Briggs." he strolls over to a crate and produces another bottle of red wine, expertly removing the cork with a spike on his gauntlet. "May your life be as free as your taps" he says offering Frost the bottle.

"Imma 'fraid I can't let you just stroll into the ruins here, though. The boss is inside working on a project. Only other agents are allowed inside. Can't be interrupted while she's at work, and all." Chauncey takes another swig from his bottle, "So unless you're all members, I'll have to ask you to keep walking"

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

"Chauncey Briggs, well it is nice to meet you and so far I can't fault your hospitality" Frost demounts Ragnar and puts her sword away "I'm sorry our appearance startled you, I assure you we are not bandits"

"My companion had just finished telling us that we had passed a statue of Xanderghul, Thassilonian Runelord of Pride, so the historical value of these ruins is of some interest and fascination to us and we'd love to hear more about it all" Frost moves forward to take the bottle and share the wine "Mind if we join you?"

I expect to get stabbed here, but hoping we can come to a peaceful resolution - no one wants to stab a Cayden loving fellow who shares his wine

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle of Sarenrae 5 (HP 31/49) | AC:17(20) | T:11(14) | FF:16(19) | cmd:15 | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 20ft | Channels: 4/5 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5 | Status: Link (Walla,Fox), Shield of Faith (12 min)

"A project? Interesting! What kind of project, if I may ask." Unlike Frost, Robun maintains his distance from Chauncey. He has a strong suspicion he knows what type of "agent" this man is, and has a feeling like his healing magic will be put to use very soon.

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 8|hp 74/74|AC:26(28) T:12(14) FF:25(27)|CMB+13,CMD24|Fort+12, Ref+9,Will+12|Init:+1, Perc:+0| conditions:none |7 of 9 layhands used|deflection bonus of +3 Human Paladin 8

Orst has been suspiciously quiet during all the proceeding. He did manage a brief introduction to Toral. "Nice to meet you, Toral. I'm Orst. Welcome."

He disappeared after the arrangement to meet in the morning. He arrived with his warhorse and such at the appointed time. But he still remains quiet, keeping to himself and following the others.

As they approach the wine drinker and stop, Orst dismounts and waits.
Speaking to his horse and patting her neck, "Don't worry, Feather Top, my friends will get this sort out. Don't you worry." "I think it is a sin to fight with the wine passing around."

Orst keeps his eyes looking around for signs of movement in and around the caves.
perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Sign-Ups

Chauncey hesitates before responding to Frost, "Oh all right, just a minute mind you." The raven on the cliff squawks.

Turning to Friar Robun, he waves his hand vaguely, "Archeological exploration and what have you. But, that is Melnat's operation, I just stay out here with the wagons."

You can Bluff to convince him you are actually Aspis agents or else

Overstaying your Welcome:
"All right you lot, time to move along." Seeing you are in no hurry to leave the area, he stands and draws his sword, "Get off, I said!"

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

”Aspis agents? Yeah ... eh!“ he says and almost swallows his tongue.

bluff aid dc 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

The fox vanishes with hide in plain sight, and attempts to sneak to behind the guard to take a peek.

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
Further bonus if i can remain invisible through shadows?

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Sovereign Court

F Vishkanya
bot me:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage with precision]1d6+15[/dice] [dice=Damage w/o precision]1d6+9[/dice]
charmed life 0/4 Swashbuckler 7|HP 69/69| AC 25 (26 engaged w/ 1 enemy), FF 18, T 17, CMD 21 (23 vs Disarm) | Fort +4 (+10 vs Poison) Ref +10 Will +1 | init +9; Perc +5; SM +3 | Pan. 3/3 ||low light, spd 30 Conditions- 2 str damage

"Sloan sent us to make sure no one disrupts the activities going on up here."

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Sign-Ups

Chauncey sneers at you all, "Leave!"

Init:

Frost: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Toral: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Walla: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Friar Robun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Tiny Fox: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Orst: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
NPC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Who's Up:
Walla
Frost
Chauncey
Orst
Toral
Tiny Fox
Friar Robun

No one is surprised this came to blows. Walla and Frost may act first.

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Frost and Ragnar flank the unfortunate bard, "I really would have prefered the wine and a more peaceful solution; you seem like a decent fellow, I hate to kill you"

Frost
PA/Flank

Attack 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 3 + 2 = 23
Damage 2d4 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 + 9 = 22

Ragnar
Flank
Bite 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

I'm assuming he isn't evil, he just seems misguided

Sovereign Court

F Vishkanya
bot me:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage with precision]1d6+15[/dice] [dice=Damage w/o precision]1d6+9[/dice]
charmed life 0/4 Swashbuckler 7|HP 69/69| AC 25 (26 engaged w/ 1 enemy), FF 18, T 17, CMD 21 (23 vs Disarm) | Fort +4 (+10 vs Poison) Ref +10 Will +1 | init +9; Perc +5; SM +3 | Pan. 3/3 ||low light, spd 30 Conditions- 2 str damage

Walla moves over next to Frost and lunges at the Chauncey. +1 Adamantine Rapier: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 6 = 21


Sign-Ups

Correct, he is not evil

Frost and Ragnar attempt to flank, but Chauncey seems to have an uncanny ability to dodge the horse's bite. Even so, Frost and Walla each get solid hits in on the man.

Improved Uncanny Dodge: cannot be flanked

Chauncey's bloodshot eyes take on a feral edge. He swings his adamantine greatsword at Frost.

Attack (PA): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 13 + 9 + (4, 6) = 41
Self: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Attack 2 (PA): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 13 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 + 9 + (5, 5) = 35
Self: 1d6 ⇒ 3

His first attack connects with the paladin and a vicious energy resonates between the two, causing some backlash.

Walla
Frost

Chauncey (-47)
Orst
Toral
Tiny Fox
Friar Robun

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral looks at the man and tries to slumber him.

DC 19 will or asleep 7 rounds.

“Sleep well. I’m sorry... “

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle of Sarenrae 5 (HP 31/49) | AC:17(20) | T:11(14) | FF:16(19) | cmd:15 | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Init. +1 | Perc:+2 | Speed 20ft | Channels: 4/5 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5 | Status: Link (Walla,Fox), Shield of Faith (12 min)

Robun raises his hands and a corona of light radiates out to touch his allies and fill them with hope and courage.
Move and cast Bless (+1 morale bonus on attack and saves vs fear for 5 minutes)


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

If Chauncey is still standing when its turn comes around, Fox darts forward to Chauncey's ankles.

Spring attack, ending 10ft south of him.
Since Frost seems to think the guy could be reasoned with, as far as fox could tell, it goes for nonlethal biting.

Bite, flank, bless: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 19 Nl, sa: 1d3 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (1, 5) = 18

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 8|hp 74/74|AC:26(28) T:12(14) FF:25(27)|CMB+13,CMD24|Fort+12, Ref+9,Will+12|Init:+1, Perc:+0| conditions:none |7 of 9 layhands used|deflection bonus of +3 Human Paladin 8

Orst advances drawing his bastard sword as he moves. Shield and sword now ready, Orst attempts to ask a question in a mocking tone, "Is it the money or the benefits that you sell yourself to these evil men to obtain? Or are you just too drunk to remember?"

double move

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

I wouldn’t worry about non—lethal, he had his chance


Sign-Ups

The raven flies off into the cave, meanwhile Orst advances on the angry man.

Toral Kargar wrote:
“Sleep well. I’m sorry... “

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Despite his rage, Chauncey falls into a deep slumber.

Chauncey (-47)

Combat is effectively over. You can kill Chauncey, tie him up and leave him, tie him up and question him, or some other course of action.
I'll go with the first plan to get three votes.

Sovereign Court

F Vishkanya
bot me:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage with precision]1d6+15[/dice] [dice=Damage w/o precision]1d6+9[/dice]
charmed life 0/4 Swashbuckler 7|HP 69/69| AC 25 (26 engaged w/ 1 enemy), FF 18, T 17, CMD 21 (23 vs Disarm) | Fort +4 (+10 vs Poison) Ref +10 Will +1 | init +9; Perc +5; SM +3 | Pan. 3/3 ||low light, spd 30 Conditions- 2 str damage

"Should we make sure he will not bleed to death then tie him up? The bird is probably warning those in the cave so we probably shouldn't stay out here too long."

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

“Please someone use rope and gag him. My weak arms are useless! He is a witness so he’ll be helpful!“ Toral says.

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 8|hp 74/74|AC:26(28) T:12(14) FF:25(27)|CMB+13,CMD24|Fort+12, Ref+9,Will+12|Init:+1, Perc:+0| conditions:none |7 of 9 layhands used|deflection bonus of +3 Human Paladin 8

Orst will sheath his sword, then bind the man's hands and feet. The will also disarm the man first just in case. The greatsword looks too effective.

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Lay hands 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 3, 4) = 14
Lay hands 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 1) = 12
Lay hands 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 6) = 17

Frost finishes healing the wound, she looks over at Chauncey with disapproval.

"Make sure he has no other blades or weapons, no reason to wake him too quickly - that sword is quite the weapon"


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent
Frost wrote:
I wouldn’t worry about non—lethal, he had his chance

Aye. But you did say you'd hate to kill him. And since the animal was impressed by the display back at the swashbuckler, it is wondering what you'd do if he came to again.

Fox 'draws', aka scratches, some sort of shape to indicate it will scout and return.

Using any shadows it can hide in during the task,
Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35

If it can be done through scent, try and assess a rough number of people/other things, present within the cave.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Fair enough, she harbours the fellow no ill will, just a great disappointment as he seemed to otherwise be a pleasant enough chap :p


Sign-Ups

Leaving the bound man and his wares behind, your group enters the ruins.

The entrance to the ruin is covered in mud, but appears to be ornately carved marble dimly lit by faltering magical light. A solid marble ladder leads down into an excavated portion of the ruin.

As you move through the area, a shadowy figure appears briefly and whispers unintelligibly before disappearing again. While harmless, this phantasm's haranguing is incessant and unpredictable.

Will save from everyone, please

You climb down the ladder into what looks to be a treasure room. The floor of this opulent marble chamber is covered with a hoard fit for a dragon; piles of coins and gems hold priceless works of art aloft. Intricate tapestries, sculptures, and illuminated manuscripts are haphazardly scattered atop the rest of the hoard. A sculpture in the southwest corner of a bull carrying a glowing green orb towers over the rest of the room.

As you enter this room, a 20-foot-tall humanoid form made of gold and stone rises from the floor.

In a booming voice it declares, "Τολμάτε να μπείτε σε ένα θησαυροφυλάκιο του πανίσχυρου Xanderghul; Αφήστε τώρα, και θα σκεφτώ να σώσω τη ζωή σας Αυτό θα χρησιμεύσει ως η τελική σας προειδοποίηση."

Thassilonian:
You dare enter a vault of the mighty Xanderghul? Leave now, and I will consider sparing your lives. This shall serve as your final warning.

DC 30 Linguistics (+15 if you speak Tassilonian):
This creature's Thassilonian speech is oddly Common-accented.

Init:

Frost: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Toral: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Walla: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Friar Robun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Tiny Fox: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Orst: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
NPC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Tiny Fox
Walla

Statue
Friar Robun
Orst
Frost
Toral

The statue looks posed to attack.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness
GM OfAnything wrote:

Leaving the bound man and his wares behind, your group enters the ruins.

Toral casts detect magic and takes all the valuables the man has into his possession and puts them in his bag of holding.

~

Before going down Toral casts heightened awareness, barkskin, false life and heroism on himself.

temp false life hp : 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

~

Linguistics, heroism dc 30 : 1d20 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 8 = 30

”I don’t know what it says! BUT: This creature's Thassilonian speech is oddly Common-accented. Something is wrong!“

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Will 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

will : 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 = 36

Sorry! Forgot will save.


HP: 61/61, AC 23/23/23, F+5, R+15, W+4, speed 40ft, Perception +10, init +9, Darkvision 60ft, low light vision, scent

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Do i run away in fear? :P

1 to 50 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 7-03 Bronze House Reprisal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.