SFS 2-10: Corporate Interests

Game Master AFlashInTime

Maps and Slides


1 to 50 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Fire Starters Loot

Welcome to the Gameplay! Pre-game organizing is taking place in the Discussion thread.


Fire Starters Loot

While on Absalon Station on a relatively normal day, each of you receives an electronic communication from Venture Captain Naiaj. Despite the subject line of "Mission Assignment", encryption, and "High Importance" designation, the "URGENT" tag usually attached to mission briefing requests is missing.

It reads:

"Greetings, [Starfinder Agent]. You have been selected for an important series of missions to be undertaken on behalf of the Society. In the wake of the Scoured Stars mission and the ongoing negative media campaign against us, the Society finds itself in need of both allies and credits. To that end, we have assigned some of our more capable agents--like you--to perform a short series of assignments for organizations important to the Society. These assignments might seem like you're just running errands, but your representation of the Starfinder Society to these organizations is vitally important both to improving the Society's reputation and replenishing our credit reserves.

"I have included the contact information for five other Agents with whom you'll be working on these assignments. Reach out to them, meet up, and work on the missions together. Due to the nature of these assignments, there will not be an in-person briefing from me; you will receive each mission briefing--five in all--individually in separate communications as you complete each assigned task. Thank you for your consummate professionalism when addressing these assignments. Show the Pact Worlds who we really are: the best.

--Venture Captain Naiaj"

A few moments later you receive a second incoming message from Venture Captain Naiaj. It is encryped, marked "High Importance," and marked "URGENT". The subject line reads "AbadarCorp".

Open the slides to see your first mission briefing!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 20 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spells: gloom mote, pyre wreath, mystic cure, wisp ally, akashic download | Spell slots 4/4 first level

After reading both messages, Oddman packs all his belongings, as he usually does when going anywhere. Before leaving his room, which is completely empty, he places small pieces of thread on doors and any windows, making sure anyone opening then won't notice, but he will be able to tell if they were opened while he was away.

He sends a message to his five companions: “where do we meet”, bluntly.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

AbadarCorp, again, Chk'tarlsh ponders, antennae twitching. Seems a straight up bodyguard job, but nothing's been exactly as advertised with them in the past.

Tightening the last of his backpack straps in place, he slips a rifle over each shoulder before casting a final eye over the now empty room.

Exiting, he pauses in the doorway as his comm unit chimes - notification of an incoming message.

There's a food joint just outside the commuter terminal. Might be as good as any? he sends in reply to the group.

Exo-Guardians

NG male nuar ace pilot soldier (blitz) 4 | SP 32/32, HP 34/34, RP 5/5 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | F+5 R+2 W+4 | Speed 50 (40 in armor) | Init +5 | Perc +0 (darkvision), SM +0 | Piloting +11 (4 ranks) | Active Conditions:

A small commuter shuttle bumps into a rocky arrival at a local dock, and a nervous-looking human teen emerging from the airlock. Ducking to follow them from the small craft is a towering nuar, his polo shirt bearing the emblem of a bull's face behind a steering wheel. "Remember Tommy, your license test is next week so be sure to study those traffic-control codes. The Stewards won't be so forgiving when you're not a student." As the teen departs, the nuar checks his messages, tapping out a response. Food joint sounds good. I'm starving. Ducking back into the craft and closing the door, he emerges a few minutes later in armor, a large backpack over one shoulder, and strides toward the terminal.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 20 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spells: gloom mote, pyre wreath, mystic cure, wisp ally, akashic download | Spell slots 4/4 first level

"ok
send address
"

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn is sitting at his desk when the messages from Naiaj comes through. "What is it this time?" he grumbles. Great. PR and merc work, just what I signed up for... He grabs his go bag in one hand, throwing it over his back, and with another hand picks up a laser pistol which he stashes inside his robe.

He replies to Oddman and Chk'tarlsh's messages with a curt "Fine"

Wayfinders

M Android Technomancer/3 | HP 19/ 19RES 5 / 5 STAM 15/ 15| KAC 17EAC 17| Fort 0 Ref 4 Will 4 | Perc +1 | Init +7

Second-1 is flipping through the latest postings about an anomaly in the drift when he sees the pop up from the Starfinder Society on his comm.

He sighs when he sees the signature "Oh great. Naiaj. Hopefully she's forgotten who I am by now..."

A few more messages come in from his colleagues and he taps out a quick Sounds good, meet you all there shortly, grabs his pack, and hits the door.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Ozelle | Female LN morlamaw corporate agent envoy 2/soldier 1[/ooc] | SP 22/22 HP 23/23 RP 4/4 | EAC 16; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +5; darkvision (60 ft) | Speed 20ft, swim 40ft | Active conditions: vesk brigantine III

An enormous purple morlamaw arrives with a sheepish grin.

"So sorry I'm late! I went to the wrong room, and then, well, it's a bit difficult for me to navigate these hallways."

She squeezes in through the door. "My name is Ozelle, and I am a PR professional. I am so glad to hear about this assignment. Strengthening our relationships with our corporate partners is imperative right now."

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Can't miss it. The only food joint near the place. Chk'tarlsh sends in reply as he disembark the taxishuttle. The shirren pins a POI marker for his current location, attaching it for his crew mates.

The pin shows the coordinates of Terminal Tucker, a modest eatery serving a Pact Worlds fusion menu, located a stone's throw from the passenger terminal.

Settling down on a nearby bench, he leans back to patiently await the arrival of the others.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 20 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spells: gloom mote, pyre wreath, mystic cure, wisp ally, akashic download | Spell slots 4/4 first level

Oddman arrives at the eatery and orders a soup with a straw, so he can eat without removing his mask. He picks a table where he can observe the terminal through a window.

"arrived" he sends.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Chk'tarlsh makes his way over to join the other Starfinders as they arrive. "It'sh good meetinhk you all," the heavily armed and armoured shirren audibly greets his companions, mandibles clacking.

"I'm Chk'tarlsh," he introduces himself. Although, many prefer to call me Charles, he adds telepathically, antennae twitching, a hint of humour to the sending.


Fire Starters Loot

After meeting and grabbing a quick bite, the party enters the Absalom Station spaceport! It has has several bustling spaceport gates that constantly receive and launch starships. The ease of Drift travel means that ports are always active, but the density at gates tends to be highest just prior to boarding. As Gate 83 is expecting the arrival of Tharsa’s liner, the area should be minimally populated aside from others also receiving arrivals at the gate.

As you approach the Gate 83, located between two other gates at the end of a long terminal corridor, the area is surprisingly bustling. Passengers sprawl across seats near the gate, perusing nearby kiosks, or leaning idly against the decorative plants surrounding a holo-statue of a starliner. Passengers from other starliners pass back and forth along the walkways. Two gate attendants stand at the computers in front of the gate while employees dressed in dark-blue uniforms with insignia of Absalom Station walk purposefully throughout the port.

Exploration time! Pick an area listed below to investigate, you'll learn more information from the areas you choose. Feel free to split the party! Remember, you're trying to find potential threats to Tharsa when she arrives on her starliner. The slides have been updated with a map, but the figures should not be taken as representative of people's actual locations at this time.

Seating Area: Rows of seats are back to back, with half acing the gate. A smattering of people sit in the seats.

Information Kiosk: The kiosk contains travel advertisements and information pamphlets. Two humans, one female and one male, stand at the kiosk.

Holo-Statue: The pedestal is projecting blue holographic images of the newest starship models. Decorative plants surround the statue. There are several passengers leaning against the planters, and one human employee.

Gate Desk: Two port employees stand at the desk in front of a large holographic screen that displays the gate's schedule. A passenger is attempting to get assistance from a gate attendant.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Ozelle | Female LN morlamaw corporate agent envoy 2/soldier 1[/ooc] | SP 22/22 HP 23/23 RP 4/4 | EAC 16; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +5; darkvision (60 ft) | Speed 20ft, swim 40ft | Active conditions: vesk brigantine III

Ozelle heads to the holo-statue to see if anyone is looking at the latest starship models.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Chk'tarlsh will check the seating area for signs of suspicious activity.

Exo-Guardians

NG male nuar ace pilot soldier (blitz) 4 | SP 32/32, HP 34/34, RP 5/5 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | F+5 R+2 W+4 | Speed 50 (40 in armor) | Init +5 | Perc +0 (darkvision), SM +0 | Piloting +11 (4 ranks) | Active Conditions:

Rogers goes to peruse the informational pamphlets.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 20 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spells: gloom mote, pyre wreath, mystic cure, wisp ally, akashic download | Spell slots 4/4 first level

Oddman goes observe the gate desk.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn will join Rogers at the information kiosk.

Wayfinders

M Android Technomancer/3 | HP 19/ 19RES 5 / 5 STAM 15/ 15| KAC 17EAC 17| Fort 0 Ref 4 Will 4 | Perc +1 | Init +7

Second-1 will join Ozelle at the holo-statue


Fire Starters Loot

This probably goes without saying, but please only make checks for the area currently occupied by your character!

The Holo-Statue

Ozelle and Second-1 investigate the holo-statue surrounded by planters.

Culture DC 18:

While looking at the holo-statue, you notice the human employee's uniform seems... off. After a moment of thinking, you realize it doesn't appear to be an authentic uniform worn by normal terminal employees.

Life Science DC 18:
In front of the holo-statue, the human employee appears to be doing a very poor job trimming the plants.

Information Kiosk

Gulkyn and Rogers investigate the information kiosk. Upon closer inspection, the woman at the kiosk appears to be looking at a guidebook for Bretheda. She appears to be muttering, or maybe singing, something to herself.

Mysticism DC 23:

The woman appears to be chanting a soft prayer to Triune.

The man appears to be looking at a pamphlet for shopping locales on Absalom Station. He also appears to be saying something softly.

Perception DC 20:

The man keeps asking "What's the plan?" and "Anyone there? Who am I meeting? This communicator isn't working." into his comm unit, partially covered by the guidebook.

Gate Desk

Oddman goes to check out the gate desk. One of the gate attendants comes over to help a passenger standing in front of the desk, but she says she's just trying to get a look at the gate schedule up close. At the back of her waist is an obvious small firearm.

Sense Motive DC 18:

As you study the woman, it seems like her focus is actually on the nearby gate doors, not on the gate schedule.

As the first gate agent moves away, the second gate agent begins scribbling notes next to a dossier of flight information in a language that Oddman doesn't speak. It will take a little bit of time to try to make it out if you choose to investigate further.

Seating Area

Chk'tarlsh heads over to the seating area. He looks around at the passengers.

Perception DC 15:

Chk'tarlsh notices a human man wearing some peculiar headgear among the smattering of civilians. The man’s mask covers his eyes, but he appears to be dozing based on how his head droops and snaps up.

If you succeed at Perception, Engineering DC 16:

The mask appears to be a low quality vision aid and gas mask that would assist in seeing through smoke. You think somebody with engineering knowledge could disable the mask by getting rid of some fraying wires near the back.

After attempting the appropriate initial checks, things are a little bit more free-form with what you do next. Feel free to take it from there.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Perception DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Chk'tarlsh's scan of the seating area and passersby doesn't reveal anything suspicious.

"Seating area all clear," he reports over comms.

Exo-Guardians

NG male nuar ace pilot soldier (blitz) 4 | SP 32/32, HP 34/34, RP 5/5 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | F+5 R+2 W+4 | Speed 50 (40 in armor) | Init +5 | Perc +0 (darkvision), SM +0 | Piloting +11 (4 ranks) | Active Conditions:

Slightly unnerved by the woman's....chanting? Singing? Muttering? Anyway, it's a bit odd, and Rogers wanders off toward the seating area. "I don't know what this woman's on about, but maybe one of you can make sense of it." No Mysticism trained on Rogers, I'm afraid.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 20 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spells: gloom mote, pyre wreath, mystic cure, wisp ally, akashic download | Spell slots 4/4 first level

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

After observing the passenger at the Gate Desk, Oddman texts his colleagues.
female passenger at desk
is pretending not to watch gate doors
she
smells
like
death

He moves to assist Chk'tarlsh in the Seating Area, since it’s a larger place.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

male passenger has suspicious machinery
could be bomb
need help to look
not good with machines

He sits nearby the man, to help pinpoint his location. He’ll stand up and leave once someone else comes to investigate.

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Perception DC20: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Gulkyn gives the folks over at the info kiosk a quick once over, but nothing suspicious jumps out at him.

After getting Oddman's report, he moves to the gate desk and tries to engage the woman in conversation. "Waiting for someone?"

Wayfinders

M Android Technomancer/3 | HP 19/ 19RES 5 / 5 STAM 15/ 15| KAC 17EAC 17| Fort 0 Ref 4 Will 4 | Perc +1 | Init +7

Life Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 "Hmm, not sure...Ozelle, want to look at this while I check my database?"

Second-1 starts tapping away on his comm-unit, using the installed Library chip as reference

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 "Huh...does that look funny to you? The uniform, I mean. Its off. Badge is in the wrong spot, blue is off, stripes are off-center."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Ozelle | Female LN morlamaw corporate agent envoy 2/soldier 1[/ooc] | SP 22/22 HP 23/23 RP 4/4 | EAC 16; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +5; darkvision (60 ft) | Speed 20ft, swim 40ft | Active conditions: vesk brigantine III

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Any chance this is knowledge about corporations or their executives?

"Hmmm. I'm not sure."


Fire Starters Loot

A quick recap

Chk'tarlsh doesn't notice anything in the seating area.
Rogers isn't able to decipher anything about the woman's chanting.
Oddman makes a note about the woman at the gate before moving to the seating area.
Gulkyn moves on from the kiosk to talk to the woman at the gate desk.
Second-1 notices something seems off about the employee's uniform by the holo-statue.
Ozelle can't confirm, however. Sure, this seems like a corporations-related bit of Culture. Unfortunately I think that means the DC is still 13 and you're one short based on your theme ability, unless you have another point somewhere.

A pleasant, albeit non-discript, female voice comes over speakers around the gate.

"Attention in the terminal. Attention in the terminal. Starliner... 9084... is arriving at Gate 83. Passengers will be disembarking shortly. Please stand clear of the doors."

We'll operate free-form but still loosely in "rounds" (not like the six-second kind) so we can keep track of where everybody is and when "things" might start happening. You can make one skill check/interaction per "round".)

"Round" 1

In the seating area, Oddman notices a passenger with "suspicious machinery".

At the gate desk, the woman turns toward Gulkyn. "Hmm? Yes, I am, actually. Good day." She turns toward the gate display with her back again to Gulkyn.

Chk'tarlsh, Rogers, Second-1, and Ozelle, what are you up to?

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

With several of his companions converging on the seating area, Chk'tarlsh makes his way toward the information kiosk.

Perception DC20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

While perusing the content on offer at the kiosk, Chk'tarlsh notices the man is using the Absalom shopping guide to obscure his efforts at communicating via his comm unit.

Antennae twitching, he texts his companions. The human man is asking about 'a plan' and who he is supposed to be meeting. He seems to be having difficulty connecting.

Turning to the woman he asks, mandibles clacking, "Excusse me. What ssonhk ish that you are ssinhkinhk?"

Wayfinders

M Android Technomancer/3 | HP 19/ 19RES 5 / 5 STAM 15/ 15| KAC 17EAC 17| Fort 0 Ref 4 Will 4 | Perc +1 | Init +7

To Ozelle "I have an idea, probably bad one though...just make sure no one shoots me or anything"

The android approaches the employee in the suspicious uniform "Excuse me, I was hoping you could help. Can you tell me the number of the next shuttle to arrive? I'm supposed to meet someone but forgot which flight it was!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Since that is 100% a lie...

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn continues talking to the woman. "Planning on shooting them?", he asks, poking at the gun in the small of her back. "Not a good idea. This place is loaded with undercover Stewards right now."
Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

He's knows he can't sneak the gun away from her, so he is trying to unnerve her by bringing attention to it, with the hope that she'll back off or give up.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Ozelle | Female LN morlamaw corporate agent envoy 2/soldier 1[/ooc] | SP 22/22 HP 23/23 RP 4/4 | EAC 16; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +5; darkvision (60 ft) | Speed 20ft, swim 40ft | Active conditions: vesk brigantine III

If that's the game plan, Second-1, can Ozelle do it instead?

"Excuse me, sir! We are quite confused about how to find the person we're meeting. Can you tell us the next shuttle to arrive and where?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Exo-Guardians

NG male nuar ace pilot soldier (blitz) 4 | SP 32/32, HP 34/34, RP 5/5 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | F+5 R+2 W+4 | Speed 50 (40 in armor) | Init +5 | Perc +0 (darkvision), SM +0 | Piloting +11 (4 ranks) | Active Conditions:

Plopping down heavily into a seat, Rogers takes a casual look around, trying to put forth the image of a bored passenger.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

He tilts his head when he spots the man in the mask. After tapping out a quick text to his allies (The mask is a homemade gasmask thing. Might be breakable.), he stands and stretches, walking around as if trying to stretch his legs. When he finds himself right behind the man in the mask, he bends down to 'tie his shoe', trying to catch one of his wide horns on the wires protruding from the mask.

Engineering check to disable, if necessary:
Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 20 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spells: gloom mote, pyre wreath, mystic cure, wisp ally, akashic download | Spell slots 4/4 first level

"at least
not bomb
"

Oddman answers back, typing with one finger at a time.


Fire Starters Loot

At the information kiosk

Dice rolling:

Probably nothing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

The woman turns to Chk'tarlsh and seems a little shaken. "Oh, that? I'm just a little nervous - never been through the drift before. Thought maybe saying a few words to Triune... or maybe Desna. Somebody like you must have traveled before, right? Do you know anything that would help?"

At the holo-statue

Dice rolling:

A roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
More rolling: 1d20 ⇒ 4

As Ozelle and Second-1 approach the man, he seems somewhat nervous. "Oh, hey, sorry you can't find your flight. I'm a little busy with the... plants here, so I can't really help. Maybe ask one of the employee... I mean one of the employees at the gates, you know, I'm just like a janitor here."

At the gate desk

Dice rolling:

A roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Another roll: 1d20 ⇒ 3

The woman turns back to Gulkyn, briefly. "Stewards? Why? And it's... for my own protection, absolutely not for... haha... shooting anybody. How ridiculous!" She turns back toward the gate but offers a quick glance over her shoulder and takes a step away from him.

At the seating area

Dice rolling:

A roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Rogers accurately identifies the nature of the device. As he bends down, instead of one of his horns catching the wires as intended, it gently nudges the man on the shoulder.

He stutters awake. "Hmm, what? What... ah!" he says, noticing Rogers leaning down behind him. "Who are you?!" he says, very loudly, jumping to his feet.

Ready for Round 2!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 20 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spells: gloom mote, pyre wreath, mystic cure, wisp ally, akashic download | Spell slots 4/4 first level

As planned, Oddman leaves the seating area once Rogers starts working the man with the mask, approaches the holo statue where Ozelle and Second-1 are questioning the employee, and observes him working.

Life Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

that man
is pretending to work
he is ruining the plants
never worked on that before
should not be alone on job

I believe we are only lacking the Mysticism check at the Information Kiosk, from all the checks possible before round 1 started

we have criminals at kiosk
statue
gate desk
and sitting down
how we approach
one on one and two protect visitor
or all protect visitor

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"Ah, Triune and Dessna," the shirren says audibly, nodding. "Both good choicesh. But you have overlooked the mosst important of all; Dessna'sh shadow, the Black Butterfly."

"The sstarsh themselves mark departuresh and desstinationsh, but it ish what liesh between that givesh sspace itsh magnitude and where the actual journey takesh place. Be ssure not to missh out the journey alonhk the way."

"You are right; I have travelled through the Drift a few timesh, now. It ish nothinhk to worry about. Enjoy your journey."

"Oh, and be sure to take ssomethinhk to keep you occupied, it tendsh to be rather uneventful," he adds with a smile, antennnae twitching.

Chk'tarlsh turns to glance at the nearby man, to see if anything has changed.


Fire Starters Loot

Chk'tarlsh doesn't detect any deception in the woman's story. The man nearby appears to still be fiddling with his comm unit and whispering.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

"Excusse me a moment," Chk'tarlsh apologises to the woman as he fetches his comm unit.

The shirren texts his companions an update. The woman says she was praying to Triune and Desna. She is nervous about her first journey through the Drift. Seems legit.

The man is still acting suspiciously. Will continue to monitor.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Ozelle | Female LN morlamaw corporate agent envoy 2/soldier 1[/ooc] | SP 22/22 HP 23/23 RP 4/4 | EAC 16; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +5; darkvision (60 ft) | Speed 20ft, swim 40ft | Active conditions: vesk brigantine III

Ozelle texts back.

"The man over here is acting very suspicious. He's definitely not who he says he is."

Exo-Guardians

NG male nuar ace pilot soldier (blitz) 4 | SP 32/32, HP 34/34, RP 5/5 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | F+5 R+2 W+4 | Speed 50 (40 in armor) | Init +5 | Perc +0 (darkvision), SM +0 | Piloting +11 (4 ranks) | Active Conditions:
GMAFlashinTime wrote:

Rogers accurately identifies the nature of the device. As he bends down, instead of one of his horns catching the wires as intended, it gently nudges the man on the shoulder.

He stutters awake. "Hmm, what? What... ah!" he says, noticing Rogers leaning down behind him. "Who are you?!" he says, very loudly, jumping to his feet.

"Oh, sorry! Didn't mean bump you there. Just bending over, and...well, these things" gesturing to his horns "have a mind of their own some times." rogers does his best to look like he's innocently tying his shoes, then finds a seat a few rows away from the alarmed man in the mask.

Wayfinders

M Android Technomancer/3 | HP 19/ 19RES 5 / 5 STAM 15/ 15| KAC 17EAC 17| Fort 0 Ref 4 Will 4 | Perc +1 | Init +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 2 = 0

"My apologies, we'll check with the desk."

Second-1 moves a short ways away and whispers to Ozelle "Ok, maybe I was wrong? He seems nice, just busy."

Thanks Flat Effect! Haha

Exo-Guardians

NG male nuar ace pilot soldier (blitz) 4 | SP 32/32, HP 34/34, RP 5/5 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | F+5 R+2 W+4 | Speed 50 (40 in armor) | Init +5 | Perc +0 (darkvision), SM +0 | Piloting +11 (4 ranks) | Active Conditions:

Reading the messages from Ozelle and Oddman, Rogers decides he's tired of sneaking around and being subtle. He stands up again and wanders over to the plants where the man in the false uniform is 'working'. Approaching, he leans in close and whispers, putting as much menace into his tone as he can muster. "I don't know exactly what you're up to, but know that we're on to you. If I were you, I'd reconsider my choices right now, and go look for some other set of plants to pretend to care for."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn messages back to Oddman, I'll stick with the woman here. She seems suspicious, but it may be nothing. I'm close enough to the gate to join in protecting Tharsa if this one proves to be just a bystander.


Fire Starters Loot

Rolls:

Ozelle sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Gulkyn sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Recap

Oddman confirms the plants aren't well attended to at the Holo-statue.

Chk'tarlsh engages in religious discussion with a (seemingly normal) passenger. Another individual whispers into their comm unit, hidden by a tourist pamphlet, nearby.

Ozelle remains at the holo statute. Unlike Second-1, she gets the distinct impression that this "employee" might not be an actual employee at all!

Second-1 listens to an entirely believable explanation from the employee with the disheveled uniform at the holo-statue.

Gulkyn sticks by the woman at the gate. He suspects she's not being truthful about why she has her weapon.

Rogers joins the group at the holo-statue. After giving a very stern warning to the fake employee/totally normal employee, the man looks very afraid.

"Oh, uh, look, yeah, that's a really good point. I'm sure some other plants somewhere need watering. I'll stay out of your way!" the man spits out before fast-walking away from the group down the terminal hallway!

Current disposition:
Holo-statue: Oddman, Ozelle, Rogers, Second-1
Gate desk: Gulkyn
Information kiosk: Chk'tarlsh
Passenger seating: None

Ready for round 3!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male CG Kasatha colonist mystic 4 | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Desert Stride, Darkvision 60 ft., Healing touch 20 hp/day, Mindlink 1/day | Spells: gloom mote, pyre wreath, mystic cure, wisp ally, akashic download | Spell slots 4/4 first level

I think we need someone with Bluff to distract the masked man while Second-1 works Engineering on his mask, at the seating area

"I will stay at gate
if visitor is hurt
I can heal her
"

Oddman types as he walks to stand near the gate.

Wayfinders

M Android Technomancer/3 | HP 19/ 19RES 5 / 5 STAM 15/ 15| KAC 17EAC 17| Fort 0 Ref 4 Will 4 | Perc +1 | Init +7

"Moving to check other locations"

Second-1 moves to the seating area to near the man in the mask

"Anyone want to get this guy's attention for me?" he taps out quickly on his comm, moving into position

Engineering when mask is distracted:
Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Ozelle | Female LN morlamaw corporate agent envoy 2/soldier 1[/ooc] | SP 22/22 HP 23/23 RP 4/4 | EAC 16; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +5; darkvision (60 ft) | Speed 20ft, swim 40ft | Active conditions: vesk brigantine III

Ozelle walks over to the man so Second-1 can do the techie part.

"Excuse me, sir, I seem to have lost my datapad, and I was sitting right over here with it a little while ago. Can you help me look for it? It might be right under your seat there."

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 4 | SP: 32/32 HP: 34/34 RP: 6/6 | EAC:20 KAC:22 | F:5 R:5 W:5 | Init: +8 | Speed: 35 ft | Perc:+5, SM: +1, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60 ft | Active Conditions: --
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 20/20 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk II (1) mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Satisfied the woman poses no threat, Chk'tarlsh considers his options for a moment, antennae twitching.

"You'd think with all of thish," he says audibly to the man, gesturing to encompass the terminal and the multitude of lifeforms. "They'd do ssomethinhk about the commsh interference."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Wayfinders

Male LN Witchwyrd Ace Pilot Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 HP 25/25 | RP 3/3 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +5, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Force Bolts 1. Unattuned. Active conditions: None

Gulkyn will continue to hang close to the gate and the woman he's keeping an eye on. He begins idly playing with his mote, treating it like a ball for some four armed contact juggling.


Fire Starters Loot

Oddman and Gulkyn stake out the gate.

Chk'tarlsh attempts to interact with the man muttering into his comm unit. The man briefly looks up, gives him a bit of a sideways glance, and doesn't respond.

In the seating area, Ozelle tries to distract the man. Her distraction works, but unfortunately instead of helping her look, the man walks away from the area to another row of mostly empty seats and sits down again. Second-1 isn't able to get a chance to attempt to engineer the mask.

You're basically looking for stealth to approach unnoticed here before attempting Engineering. Unfortunately bluff doesn't really work because he's not (willingly) taking off the mask.

Rogers remains at the holo-statue.

Starting round 4!

1 to 50 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SFS 2-10: Corporate Interests All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.