(#1-12) "Burden of Envy" (Inactive)

Game Master rainzax

Swindler, rogue, and occasional Pathfinder ally Guaril Karela has approached the Society with an opportunity that Valais Durant, the leader of the Society's Radiant Oath faction, can't refuse. Guaril has been charging refugees to sneak them out of Xin Edasseril, a city ruled by the Runelord of Envy, and now it looks like Guaril won't be able to fulfill his contracts. Society agents are charged with sneaking into the dangerous city and sneaking out with a handful of its citizens before their absence is noticed so that the Radiant Oath can help them find new lives beyond their current ruler's tyrannical reach.

Slides / Maps > Burden of Envy
Resource > Faction Boons (PDF)
Resource > (GM Numbat's) Org Play PbP intro
Resource > Joining Pathfinder Society: Faction, Training, Network Items, and First Boons
Action Symbols > Single (◆), Double (◆◆), Triple (◆◆◆), Free (◇), Reaction (↺)
Status Symbols > ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status conditions


401 to 450 of 493 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

Seek check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

His mind filled with the endless questions, Kunsheng notices nothing. We had better leave, before the people behind us decide to take matters into their own hands.


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Perception (E): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Thievery (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Humble Measure" drops a little paperwork and, hopefully without anyone noticing, picks up the crumpled piece of paper the guard dropped. He tries to flatten it out and read it as he sorts through his paperwork.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Humble Measure:
Uncrumpling the paper, it simply reads: "ready to join"

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Bardok spots the paper too, and glances over "Humble Measure's" shoulder to read it. He nods to the departing guard. "Gee, look at the Time, getting close to sundown! Best be getting back to the Rockfish Inn before curfew, it's my favorite Place in the city. Thanks for your help, ma'am! Maybe we'll meet again someday soon."

***

Once his comrades are ready to leave, he leads them through the streets back to the Inn. "That guard is the mark. Hopefully she gets the hint."


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

And then it happens: Bureaucretia spots Rose! "Seize that Spinster!" she yells...

...

Where to next?
It is about 1:00pm, or four hours until Curfew!

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

At Imiriax' update, Kunsheng stops suddenly. "How quickly can we get the others out of the inn? I am still concerned that this is a trap, and if it is the guards have a location."

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose pulls out a pen from her pack and starts to nibble on the end of it as she tries to fill out the questionnaire as fast as possible. It proves futile as the bureaucrat notices her she looks to all the nearby guards and then bolts for the door, trying to hold onto the papers as she goes. She does shout back. "I'm only thirty! You're more a spinster than me!"

She then hides out in a nearby alley waiting for everyone else before she steps back into the light. While she waits she looks through the papers curious as to what kind of questions they were asking of her.


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn
DM rainzax wrote:
And then it happens: Bureaucretia spots Rose! "Seize that Spinster!" she yells...

Confused here. It seems like one of our fellow PCs is about to be arrested in a place where we just witnessed the police enact what seems to be an extrajudicial killing. But it also looks like we're moving on to the next scene?

Zamp has had enough of this Kafkaesque bureaucracy. He makes his way quickly out, shouting at people as he goes to clear the way and create a distraction for Rose in the hopes she isn't arrested for whatever she did. Having witnessed what seems to be an extrajudicial killing by this fascist government, he is not inclined to stay here any longer — Guaril's client be damned.

MOVE! Do you know who I am? What's your badge number? etc, etc.

Intimidation (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Splitting my post in case I was off the mark and the previous scene wasn't needed.

Zamp smiles sadly at Xue. I agree; we should spend the night in the sewers with our clients. Unfortunately, we passed along a message for our client to meet us at the inn, and it seems they're ready to join — he shows his comrades the note — but I am worried our cover's blown. I'm very bothered by the killing we witnessed, and that we might be executed without trial like that person was if we're caught.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Personally it sounded like a way to get Rose out of the building, as I think we are done here but Rose was not finished with being in line.... But I could be wrong, too.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

The Emerald Guardhouse Gambit (Part Ten)

Led by a yelling 'Humble Measure' who generates great confusion among the guards who quickly become unsure whom to seize and for what, Rose and the party seize their opportunity to make their escape. You are almost sure that "Kallade" spotted you but then grabbed someone else... whose ultimate fate is uncertain in the ensuing chaos the party leaves in their wake.

Nagging paranoia and disagreement breed among the different actions PCs took in their quest to locate their final client "Garrla", and without a way to decide whether or not the person with whom they did make contact was a victim of the city - or merely masquerading as one - crippling uncertainty looms as the PCs contemplate their next move from the far end of a random alley they ducked into in fleeing from the Emerald Guard.

Leaving a lone question in everyone's minds: Did the "gambit" pay off!?...

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

Helène notes that Bardok seems to have some interaction with one of the guards, but is driven foremost by her desire to leave the guardhouse as soon as possible. She's right on the heels of Zamp to clear the building.

When it seems like they're clear and not followed, she slows down. "I knew this was a mistake," she bites back her anger. "We should head to the Inn right away, make sure it's still safe there. We'll have to post guards. whoever's left can work on the flotilla, I suppose. And then let's see what happens."

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

"Are any of the other refugees left at the inn? If so, let's move them now."

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

'Iris' gives 'Humble' a look of gratefulness as the man proves to be a distraction and then rushes out the door.

She meets up with everyone in just a bit and comments, "Hrmm maybe contacting the guards would have been a better option tomorrow... Did you see that one guard that seemed to drop hints? I wonder if they were 'Garrla'?" She listens to an account of what happened to everyone and then gives a small look of shock. "You gave them the address of our base of operations? We need to get everyone out of there and to a second location immediately. Hopefully before the guards try to track us or put some sort of watch up."

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

Kunsheng is already hustling for the inn. Between breaths, he asks Rose, "What was that word they used for you? It sounded like an insult, but I haven't heard it before."


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Trouble at Rockfish Inn (Part Six)

After some spirited debate in the back of an alley, the PCs decide to head back to the Inn. Bardok leads the way, and, emerging from the alley... Immediately spots some Emerald Guards come patrolling down the street, and ducks back into the alley once more, everyone else in tow...

...Moments later, the coast is clear, and the party make haste back to Rockfish, nearly barging in the door, taking Yuleg and Vurna - not to mention Themolin and the Chaverly family! - completely off guard, coming in with such a fuss. It takes a moment for the heat of the "chase" to cool down enough for the PCs to think clearly, as they discuss their plans with everyone(?) at the Inn... but are instead bombarded by questions!

Yuleg: "You weren't followed were you?"
Vurna: "Are you okay?"
Themolin: "What is the problem?"
Daffrid: "Are we still safe"
Daffrid's Husband: (Scared but Silent)
The kids: "Do you want to play?"

Time: 2:00 pm, Day Three, three hours until Curfew

...

So?

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 8 - HP 80/80, AC 22 - Perception +11 (+13 to Initiative) - F: +12/ R: +13 / W: +13 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: +10' ; Default Exploration Activity: Search

When things settle down enough for everyone to breathe easy, Imiriax says "I am uncertain what went wrong there. But I do not think we should risk returning. Either the guard understood your subtext or he did not. Whether he shows up or not, I believe we have risked enough and must be ready to depart at dusk."


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Vurna - who, now fully recovered, was "ear-hustling" when Imiriax spoke - interjects "Wait - you guys invited the guards here!?" and she looks on the verge of panic!

About to race off and inform her father and the others, she turns to go into the other room...

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose moves to stop the woman from running away without the full story. "We didn't invite all the guards here, just one who contacted us for the same reason everyone else is here for. Only problem is that we aren't sure if they are trustworthy yet or not. We may want to move you all to the sewers now versus tomorrow morning, if that is okay with you."


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Please, work with us. We are the consummate professionals here and we know what's best. Even guards may be dissatisfied with the situation here.

Diplimacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Logistical Summary

NPCs:

@ Sewer Hideout
Flitch
Assassins x3

@ Rockfish Inn
Yuleg and Vurna
Dr. Chaverly, Husband, and two children
Themolin

Other
Garrla?

Material Resources:

Inside Inn
Barrels (to make Flotation Device?), half as many as before
Towels, Linens, Room furnishings, Pickled fish...
Documentation papers, one per PC, plus Flitch's

Shed Outside Inn
Wagon
3 Horses

Time:

2:00 pm, Day Three, three hours until Curfew

...

So, what is the plan?
Stay here the night?
Or head to the Sewer Hideout before Curfew?
What are you bringing?
Who is going?

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Bardok looks about. "I think we should try once more to get these barrels working, then get as many folks out via the sewers tomorrow as possible. If anyone has a problem with Garrla joining us here, you're welcome to skedaddle to the first ship tomorrow and camp out with Flitch in the sewers tonight. How many can we fit on our first run?"


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

We've done terribly on crafting these rafts. I wouldn't mind another shot.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

"We should stay here, we promised a possible customer we would mee them here. We could reposition everyone else in the sewers but I think the pathfinders should stay here."

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

"I agree with Rose. Keeping the passengers here is too great a risk."


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates
Apollon wrote:
Please, work with us. We are the consummate professionals here and we know what's best. Even guards may be dissatisfied with the situation here.

Vurna, backing down, says "Okay - how can I help?" and eagerly awaits a deployment.

Evening Activity Tracker:

Apollon Zamp to Craft Flotation (Craft)
Bardok Marsh to Craft Flotation (Craft)
Dr. Orris Duftwurtz to ?
Helène Yolescu to ?
Imiriax to ?
Rose Thesar to ?
Xue Kunsheng to ?

Players,
Please go ahead and decide what to to for the next three hours (before Curfew), as well as declare / post your Evening Activity checks, as well as ideas you have about how to utilize the Inn's resources for the next day!

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

How long is the round trip to and from the sewers, if we move the currently-staged prospective emigres and try to get back to the inn?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Zamp will try to craft more barrels!

Crafting (T): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Zamp flips the barrels over in frustration after 8 hours of fruitless labor, and gives up on the fruitless project altogether!

╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

While working on the barrels, Helène reiterates what seems to be the plan so far.

"We're moving the passengers to the sewers for the night, so that they'll be safe. We stay here for the night and deal with the 'Garrla' situation, depending on who shows up." She squares her shoulders, trying to plan ahead based on that. "Early morning before dawn we take the horse and wagon from behind the inn - hopefully with this @#$@#$ flotilla - and pick up the passengers from the sewer. We head to the docks and bribe anyone who asks questions. How's that?"

Craft flotilla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (Sigh. It just isn't meant to be.)

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Crafting (Untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Bardok takes a long look at the barrels, then starts lashing them together intuitively with rope. I wonder if this will hold...

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

Crafting check (trained): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Finally free to spend time on the raft, Kunsheng is able to apply the lessons he learned building in the monastery.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Trouble at Rockfish Inn (Part Seven)

As the team begins to get to work salvaging the construction project that has completely eluded them these past few nights, at exactly six o'clock(!), there is a sharp rapping on the front door. In unison, Yuleg and Vurna look first to eachother, then to the PC's, the hereditary relation evident not only in the shape and texture of their bushy eyebrows, but also how their faces wrinkle into nearly identical expressions of worry!...

...at the same moment, the two children, locked in some chasing game and mostly unaware of their surroundings, come crashing through the work area, knocking over a couple barrel boards (that Apollon and Helène had arranged just so!) and nearly tripping over some rope. Dr. Chaverly and her husband soon follow, pausing to smile a "sorry" at the PCs hard at work, and continue in the direction the children ran...

...The loud knocking (of both the front door and the spilled boards) does not seem to stir Themolin, who is already sleeping like a baby on a nearby cot, snoring now and again in a manner in which one might presume would be disruptive enough to wake oneself up, only to discover that the honking sounds serve only as a punctuation between lying on this side or that. He rolls onto his belly now without opening his eyes, perching his rear awkwardly into the air via a tucking of the knees, as a single globule of drool, having taken some time to slowly form at the corner of his mouth, now rolls down it, over his chin, through his beard, and onto the cot...

...

So?

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

My understanding--and it looks like Helène's as well--is that the customers should not be at the inn at the start of curfew. That was why I was asking how long it would take to move them.


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Zamp peeks outside.

Stealth, if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perception, if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Zamp creeps towards the door, and just as he is about to position his eye through the peephole - the same which the party is by now well accustomed to Yuleg looking through at them - the floor creaks under his weight - not terribly loudly, though neither terribly quietly either - as he spies a familiar face...

Zamp:

It is Kallade, now plain-clothed, apparently alone...

"I am here to serve Garrla... hmm, no last name, but with this listed address... with papers, unfortunately!" a familiar voice calls inside directly to Zamp, who is now, perhaps, feeling a little silly realizing that he is clearly detected...

...

So?


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

One moment.

Zamp goes to quickly wake the others.

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

Let's roll with it.

Helène ushers the passengers into a back room, out of sight. She's guarded, but things seem to pan out reasonably well. Taking up position opposite Zamp, she nods to signal that she's ready.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose helps gather up the small kids and bundle them into a room out of sight with Helene. "Really should have sent these guys away, but I doubt the kiddos would enjoy the sewers well."

She then takes up a good position near the door and out of sight of the guard.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Rose quickly sneaks up to the door to get a look...

Rose:

It is Kallade, now plain-clothed, apparently alone...

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose holds her position, ready to ambush if the worst should come to pass.

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 8 - HP 80/80, AC 22 - Perception +11 (+13 to Initiative) - F: +12/ R: +13 / W: +13 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: +10' ; Default Exploration Activity: Search

Imiriax releases his familiar Anton into the rafters and invokes a shield spell when he sees the others readying for trouble.

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

”What papers are you serving, if I may ask?”


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

"It reads here that the Time on undersigned Garrla (no last name)'s case review mentions the the address noted on this Place of business... and I assure the penalties for lateness are severe enough to warrant his or her (her I assume) immediate attention." the voice answers back from the other side of the door, as the last strand of sunlight sets over the curvature of the planet, casting into palpable darkness the remaining ambience inside the Rockfish Inn.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose gestures from her hiding spot in the curtains near the door to Imiriax to just let the poor guard in. This is clearly the guard responding to the sorcerer's hints from earlier.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Bardok opens the door. "In that case, come on in officer. I'm sure you'll find that there is nothing worth reporting back to central command."


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑ ☑□□□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑□□□/□), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Trouble at Rockfish Inn (Part Eight)

Kallade, in plain clothes, opens the front door and steps through, immediately scanning everyone with the assessing eye of a practiced soldier (except Rose, who she seems to fail to see) "As this will certainly take some time, no bother airing your personal grievances with the neighbors" She offers as an excuse to shut the door behind her - but not before looking both ways on the street - and doing so, says "Well then. Not quite what I was expecting. You all nearly cost yourselves your heads!" her tone very matter-of-factly "My name is Astrid Kallade" Still clearly a bit weary - being completely outnumbered - yet somehow upbeat? - she holds her hands out in front of her, as if to demonstrate that she is not about to make any sudden moves...

Seek (Perception) DC 15:

She is wearing a concealed weapon of some sort.

Seek (Perception) Critical Success (25+):

The concealed weapon looks to be a fancy longsword.

...

So?

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Seek (perception): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Waiting for the sound of Kallade's voice to sound like the woman is facing away from her, Rose slowly peeks out from behind the curtain. Her face bunches as she realizes that the woman has a concealed weapon on her... Now was it for safety or for attacking the group when their guard was down was to be seen. She slides back behind the curtain, a small prayer to Korada that Yuleg had fancy floor length curtains.

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"We know," Helène answers flatly at Kallada's mention of the risk they took. She's unarmed, but shows in her stance that she hasn't let her guard down. "I'm Helène. I take it you're Ready to join," she says, referring back to the note initially placed with the bag of gold. "Just to be clear, because we've taken enough risk so far: What are you willing to join, and what's the rest of the price you were willing to pay?"

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 8 - HP 80/80, AC 22 - Perception +11 (+13 to Initiative) - F: +12/ R: +13 / W: +13 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: +10' ; Default Exploration Activity: Search

Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Anton's Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Speaking of our heads," says Imiriax, "We'd like to keep ours. And preserve yours as well. Would you be so kind as to divest yourself of the weapon you are holding concealed? We quite understand the precaution, but you must understand that we can take no chances."

401 to 450 of 493 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (PFS2) (#1-12) "Burden of Envy" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.