(#1-12) "Burden of Envy" (Inactive)

Game Master rainzax

Swindler, rogue, and occasional Pathfinder ally Guaril Karela has approached the Society with an opportunity that Valais Durant, the leader of the Society's Radiant Oath faction, can't refuse. Guaril has been charging refugees to sneak them out of Xin Edasseril, a city ruled by the Runelord of Envy, and now it looks like Guaril won't be able to fulfill his contracts. Society agents are charged with sneaking into the dangerous city and sneaking out with a handful of its citizens before their absence is noticed so that the Radiant Oath can help them find new lives beyond their current ruler's tyrannical reach.

Slides / Maps > Burden of Envy
Resource > Faction Boons (PDF)
Resource > (GM Numbat's) Org Play PbP intro
Resource > Joining Pathfinder Society: Faction, Training, Network Items, and First Boons
Action Symbols > Single (◆), Double (◆◆), Triple (◆◆◆), Free (◇), Reaction (↺)
Status Symbols > ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status conditions


201 to 250 of 493 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 8 - HP 80/80, AC 22 - Perception +11 (+13 to Initiative) - F: +12/ R: +13 / W: +13 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: +10' ; Default Exploration Activity: Search

Imiriax will take the bonus to navigation.

Imiriax hangs back, trying Avoid Notice.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Themolin's Super Secret Personal Warehouse (Part Two)

If it's possible, the building seems even quieter the closer you approach!

...

DM Screen:

Apollon Zamp to Avoid Notice (Stealth) while Trapfinding (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Bardok Marsh to Investigate: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Dr. Orris Duftwurtz to Investigate: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Helène Yolescu to Scout (Perception)
Imiriax to Avoid Notice (Stealth)
Rose Thesar to Avoid Notice (Stealth)
Xue Kunsheng to Scout (Perception)

...

Apollon:

Across the entire courtyard - including the doors - you detect no traps.

Bardok:

You sense the door has been magically tampered with, but not in a way that would "trap" it - I can tell you more with an Arcana check.

Dr. Orris:

Something about this place seems strangely familiar - I can tell you more with a Scribing Lore check.

Helene:

You and Kunsheng are Scouting. Who wants to take the front, and who wants to take the back?
I will treat this as Seeking for Hidden foes in addition to the usual benefit.

Imiriax:

Please roll your Navigation check to arrive here. Also can you please place your token on the slides.

Rose:

There is a disturbingly familiar smell in the air - I can tell more with a Recall Perfume check.

Kunsheng:

You and Helène are Scouting. Who wants to take the front, and who wants to take the back?
I will treat this as Seeking for Hidden foes in addition to the usual benefit.

...

0) I placed you all in the courtyard...
1) Please move your piece where you'd like to explore first.
2) "Exploration Rounds" we'll say consist of about 20-30 feet at a time

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Recall Perfume? Hrmmm, not sure what skill to roll for that. I'll try perception, but if there's a more appropriate skill then please change the modifier as is.

Recall perfume: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Well that is low enough even her best modifier doesn't break 10, I think she failed.

Rose sneaks through the courtyard, but something in her nose tickles her senses. There's something here...

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

GM, Helène:
Kunsheng offers to take rear guard.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

Helène shakes her body for a second in an attempt to rid herself of the inertia she felt earlier. She snorts and a wisp of smoke might seem to appear from her nostrils. "Enough of this, we won't get anywhere if we think we see ghosts everywhere."

A nod is enough between her and Kenshung to divine their tasks. Helène strides up to the front door and checks to see whether it's visible locked. She raises her hand to open the door, step inside and announce their presence.

Helène would give the others plenty of time to intervene if they find anything out of the ordinary. However, her intention is to go for the direct approach: open the door, take a step inside and announce her presence. "Hello, anyone there?"


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Zamp follows behind! He chose this spot and we can hope it's secure. Let's go in.

Not drawing a weapon. Don't think it's a good idea to walk into a clandestine meeting with weapons drawn.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Helene:

You sense the door has been physically tampered with, but not in a way that would "trap" it - I can tell you more with a Thievery check.

According to your team, the door is Safe. Please proceed inside the "lit" area.
Also, let me know if you have your weapons out, and which.

Exploration Tracker:

Apollon Zamp: Avoid Notice + Trapfinding, no weapons
Bardok Marsh: Investigate, no weapons
Dr. Orris Duftwurtz: Investigate, no weapons
Helène Yolescu: Scout (front), no weapons
Imiriax: Avoid Notice, no weapons
Rose Thesar: Avoid Notice, no weapons
Xue Kunsheng: Scout (back), no weapons

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

Thievery: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Helene:

This lock was skillfully unlocked within the last hour without a key

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Sorry for the sporadic posting. My job got cut due to COVID so I've been working to figure things out.

Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

Kunsheng does not have a weapon out.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Bardok:

No additional information.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose takes a few steps into the room, still not trusting this and the set up. She has her hand on her rapier but not drawn, instead trying to make sure she is quiet and unnoticed.


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Sorry to hear about that, Bardok :(

Zamp moves in too, avoiding notice now that he sees the lock was picked.

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Bardok will follow Apollon once he's ready to enter the warehouse.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Themolin's Super Secret Personal Warehouse (Part Two)

Apollon, Bardok, and Rose creep past the door - which had it's locked picked by someone other than a party member - and inside the warehouse...

...Goodness knows what he stores in here - the sheer volume of boxes and crates piled upon eachother is staggering! However, in addition to being heartily used as a storage space, there permeates about this "room" (walled in by crates) a meticulous sense of order. The boxes of varying height - some just 5 feet off the ground, other 15 feet off the ground, but none reaching the 30-foot tall ceiling - are all neatly stacked flush on the corners and edges. You imagine they are organized by a unified system, rendering a sublime order across this veritable sea of wooden containers.

...

Feel free to continue to move your token about the unshaded area.
Loosely: Left, Up, or Right?

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 8 - HP 80/80, AC 22 - Perception +11 (+13 to Initiative) - F: +12/ R: +13 / W: +13 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: +10' ; Default Exploration Activity: Search

Navigation Roll:
Society (Navigation) roll: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 4 = 26

Which slide are we supposed to be on?


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Zamp will climb up on top of the crates and try to get a look around. (still avoiding notice but I would like to see if he can see anyone who's not hiding from where he is.)


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Zamp - please roll Athletics or Acrobatics (your choice) followed immediately by Stealth (no choice)! There is no chance of falling - just a chance of making noise!

Athletics or Acrobatics, after rolling look:

Your Athletics / Acrobatics result determines your Stealth DC to not knock anything over:

Result less than 15? Use the first DC below
Result less than 20? Use the second DC below
Result 20 or greater? Use the third DC below

Stealth, after rolling look:

Based on how well you scaled the boxes (see above), that will determine which DC you roll against:

First DC = 20
Second DC = 15
Third DC = 10

If you fail, you knock some boxes over and make a noise!!!

...

As Apollon scales the boxes to the West, anyone who wants to try the same thing to the East or North is welcome to move to that position on the slides (Slide #1) and make the same series of checks.

...

Zamp:

In the "room" to the west, there is no stirring of creatures on any kind...


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Acrobatics (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Hero point
Acrobatics (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Stealth (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Seeing Zamp taking the brilliant line of getting above the situation, Rose tries to follow suit taking the west side of crates currently right next to her. She gives the others a few gestures to not worry about her.

Acrobatics to climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

With grace, Apollon and Rose climb up the boxes to gain a vantage point over the Eastern and Northern sections of the Warehouse, and finding them empty and quiet.

While these two climb, what does the rest of the party do?
1) Please move your piece where you'd like to explore first (Side #1).
2) "Exploration Rounds" we'll say consist of about 20-30 feet at a time

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

Helène strides forward into the warehouse. She keeps her eyes open and mulls over the clues she got from the lock. Either this is Themolin's warehouse and someone else got here first, or he simply knows of this place and forced the lock to meet us here. Maybe hiding in a place he owned would put him at too much risk.

She steps around the first stack of crates to get a better idea of the eastern part of the hall. She takes a brief glance back. "We'd best close the door behind us."

In a normal voice that wouldn't carry too far, she calls out: "Hello? Anyone there?"

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Bardok steps inside among his colleagues, looking around. "Are we...early? Where's Themolin?"


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Themolin's Super Secret Personal Warehouse (Part Two)

"HeeEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!"

We transition now to Encounter Mode

...

Bardok:

Doesn't it seem like burying a body beneath legal documents inside of a crate would help take care of the smell?

Doc:

Themolin probably keeps paper records of tithes, tariffs, and other transactions in here - and probably uses at least one crate to store valuables unrelated to his business, logically connecting the dots of having a secret warehouse in the first place, coupled with a random crate's nearly worthless street-value (unless of course, the correct paper would implicate the correct person - which means not only understanding the organizational system, but that using it - impractical as a crime for the largest swath of would-be warehouse robbers...

Helene:

The Scream seems to come from the Eastern side of the Warehouse

Kunsheng:

The Scream seems to come from the Eastern side of the Warehouse

Zamp:

No traps in this immediate area - the "welcome room" if you will.

...

DM Screen:

Zamp to Initiative (Stealth): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Bardok to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Duftwurtz to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22
Helene to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Imiriax to Initiative (Stealth): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Rose to Initiative (Stealth): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
Kunsheng to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12

Zamp to Trapfinding (Perception): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

Countdown to Leader's arrival: 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds!

...

The Party is Up!


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Zamp climbs down them moves to the far end of the warehouse. CLimb, move 30' move 30'

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

Kunsheng closes the door behind him, then advances cautiously into the warehouse. "It sounded like it came from the east!" The alchemist looks in that direction.

Interact-Stride-Seek

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 8 - HP 80/80, AC 22 - Perception +11 (+13 to Initiative) - F: +12/ R: +13 / W: +13 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: +10' ; Default Exploration Activity: Search

Imiriax tucks his familiar Anton into his backpack for safety and then starts looking for the source of the shout.

Interact-Seek-Seek


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

With keen paranoia, neither Kunsheng nor Imiriax detect any threats in their immediate vicinity; meanwhile, Apollon runs ahead to begin exploring the Western side.

...

DM Screen:

Kunsheng to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Imiriax to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Imiriax to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

...

I am posting the rules for Seek in my DM Bar. Unless specified otherwise, I will assume you choose a Burst centered on yourself.

Bardok, Doc, Helene, and Rose are Up!

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

That was why I said Kunsheng was looking east, and not looking around himself. Going forward, should I specify burst vs. cone in an ooc comment? Also, in the absence of a compass rose I assume East=right,
which would put Apollon on the west side of the warehouse. You just said he was going east, though. Which direction has he gone?

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose jumps off the stack of boxes she had climbed, determining that there was no more need for stealth. She slides up behind and then passes Apollon. She stops at an intersection and looks both ways pausing as she tries to find the source of the yelling.

Whateer action the jumping from the boxes would be, Stride then Stride again. If she has an ection left then seek in a burst, to try figuring out where the sounds are coming from.

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

A chill runs through Helène's spine when they hear the cry for help. She pivots and hustles to the other side of the warehouse as fast as she can. So much for subtlety... When she comes to an intersection in the corridor between all the stacked crates, she takes a quick look left and right. "Themolin? We're here. Where are you?" she calls out loudly.

Three Stride actions to get me to this location.

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Bardok hustles to catch up with his team, then casts shield as a precaution. "Where are you?!"


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Themolin's Super Secret Personal Warehouse (Part Five)

The party rushes to the Western end of the Warhouse, following the sound South now. There is another scream - perhaps in answer to the various queries? - but it seems to be muffled now: "MmmmmRrrMM!"

...

Doc:

I moved you to where you are

Kunsheng:

Looking West (instead of East); no change

Rose:

Climb, Stride, Stride

...

DM Screen:

Assassin One to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Assassin Two to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Assassin Three to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Countdown to Leader's arrival: 1d4 ⇒ 3, 2 rounds!

...

Combat Tracker (Round Two):

???

Doc (22) no weapons
Imiriax (22) no weapons
Rose (20) no weapons

???

Kunsheng (12) no weapons
Zamp (10) no weapons
Helene (9) no weapons
Bardok (7) no weapons, shield spell

???

...

The party is Up!

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

Helène has picked up some pace and doesn't let up when she hears the second muffled sound. She smoothly turns left and keeps ahead of the group to confront whatever may be happening.

Two Stride actions bring me to my new location on the map. If she already notices what's going on and sees someone hostile, Helène will cast a shield spell with her final action. If not, she'll Seek in a 30 ft. cone aimed South, starting from her present location.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose rushes after he sounds feeling this might be stupid of her but that she should probably keep moving as the muffled sounds does not sound good. She stops after nearly sprinting done the rows of boxes and takes a moment to take in what she sees.

Stride, Stride, then a third action depending on what she sees in front of her.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Helene and Rose Stride up - When an Assassin strikes from hidden with an attack upon Rose - but she catches sight of her just in time to dodge a deadly rapier thrust!

The Assassin is Observed by the party

...

DM Screen:

Assassin One to Hide (Stealth): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Assassin One Ready Strike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d8 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 5

Assassin One (24)
Assassin Two (7)
Assassin Three (20)

...

Combat Tracker (Round Two):

???
Doc (22) no weapons
Imiriax (22) no weapons
Rose (20) no weapons

???

Kunsheng (12) no weapons
Zamp (10) no weapons
Helene (9) no weapons
Bardok (7) no weapons, shield spell

???

...

The party is Up!

(But Rose and Helene only ◆ each)


Male Elf (Ancient) Rogue (Scoundrel) / Sorcerer (Draconic) 1 |Current Disguise: Humble Measure | 30' | HP: 14 | AC: 18 | Perc: +5 | F: +3 R: +8 W: +5 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 0 | Trap Finding +6 | Weapon (whip) drawn

Zamp strides twice and draws his whip.

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

Kunsheng rushes around the boxes, hastening to reach the combat.

Stride-Stride-Stride


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Themolin's Super Secret Personal Warehouse (Part Five)

Kunsheng and Apollon stride into the center of the action. A second Assassin steps out from "hiding" and with a clean shot, shoots twice at Rose, striking twice, and attempts to "hide" again.

Rose take 3 then 2 piercing damage

Both Assassin's (#1 near Rose, #2 further South) are Observed by the party.

...

DM Screen:

Assassin Two to Hide (from Round One): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Assassin Two to Strike at Range: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d6 ⇒ 3
Assassin Two to Strike at Range: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d6 ⇒ 2
Assassin Two to Hide (Round Two): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

...

Combat Tracker (Round Two):

???

Assassin One, w/ rapier

???

Doc (22) no weapons
Imiriax (22) no weapons
Rose (20) no weapons (-3 shot, -2 shot)

???

Assassin Two, w/ shortbow

???

Kunsheng (12) no weapons
Zamp (10) whip drawn
Helene (9) no weapons
Bardok (7) no weapons, shield spell

???

...

Doc, Imiriax, and Bardok are Up! (with ◆◆◆)

Rose and Helene Too! (with ◆)

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

"Over here," Helène calls out for the benefit of the others. "Hostiles." She sizes up their opponents, trying to figure out what's going on. Did Themolin set us up? Possibly. Or his safe house has been compromised. Let's see if we can figure out either way. "If you've been hired by the owner to protect this place, there's been a mistake," she offers to both assailants. "We're on the same team, aren't we?" She doesn't believe it for a second, but figures it might draw them into conversation to learn some useful tidbits, even while they're fighting.

Meanwhile, Helène shifts her weight to better defend herself, and a few words of Draconic come to mind. "Fus Su Spaan!" she shouts, and a shield of magic forms in front of her.

Casting Shield for my final action. Helène will use the reaction to Shield Block at the first opportunity. And could we please get a description of the assassins?

Vigilant Seal

N male Varisian human (skilled - Deception) sorcerer (aberrant) 9 | HP 71/71 (Toughness) | AC 25 | F +14 R +17 W +16 (Haughty Obstinacy) | Resist fire 5 | Perc +13 | Stealth +3 | 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells (DC 27) 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 4/4, 4th 4/4, 5th 3/3 | SLAs Used: — | Active Conditions: — | Hero Points 1/1

Bardok runs toward Helène and spots the unwelcome intruders. "Back off now, before it's too late!" He gestures at the attacker as some of the scars along his arms flash with red light.

◆ Move to square, ◆◆ cast fear on the nearest assassin. Will DC 19.


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Themolin's Super Secret Personal Warehouse (Part Six)

Helène conjures a shield of force, while Bardok plays magically at the closest assassin's sense of confidence, unnerving her a little bit.

Assassin One succeeds vs Will save, and is Frightened 1.

The two assassins are human(oid)s clad in white clothes, faces covered, carrying a rapier and shortbow. They have identifying marks which you probably do not recognize.

Recall Knowledge (Society) DC 20:

The marks identify these assailants as of the Hungry Blades Assassin's Guild.

You may ask one question about them as a followup to making this check.

Recall Knowledge (Thassilon Lore) DC 18:

The marks identify these assailants as of the Hungry Blades Assassin's Guild.

You may ask one question about them as a followup to making this check.

...

DM Screen (Round Two:

Assassin One to Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

...

Combat Tracker (Round Two, Last Call):

???
Assassin One, w/ rapier (Frightened 1)

???

Doc (22) no weapons
Imiriax (22) no weapons
Rose (20) no weapons (-3 shot, -2 shot)

???

Assassin Two, w/ shortbow

???

Kunsheng (12) no weapons
Zamp (10) whip drawn
Helene (9) no weapons, shield spell
Bardok (7) no weapons

???

...

Doc and Imiriax are Up! (with ◆◆◆)

Rose Too! (with ◆)


Alchemist (Mutagenist) 1|Exploration: Investigate|AC 18 [17 bestial] |HP 6/18| Ref + 8[+6 bestial; Fort+6; Will+3

Orris draws and imbibes his bestial mutagen(◆◆), then closes with the enemy (◆).

Radiant Oath

AC 17|Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +7|Perception: +11|Exploration: Search| Undine Human (Tian-Shu) Investigator/2|HP 24/24|Drained 0 Bleeding 0|Speed 25 ft. (10 ft. swim speed)|

Kunsheng advances to just behind Zamp and Orris, then tries to recognize the markings before drawing a vial. His expertise in millenia-old Thassilonian culture is sadly lacking, however.

Recall Knowledge (Society): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Stride-Recall-Interact (draw elixir)

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Rose gives a growl as she spots the first assasin. "I knew something was up here. Sweetie, you're a little too young to be trying that kind of thing on me." She focuses on the one assasin and misses the other two. When the arrows land home she turns and glares at the one who shot her. "Should have known that there would be more of you!" She pulls out her rapier (◆) and readies to dodge out of the way if another attack should fly her way.

Draw and then she will use nimble dodge (↺) to try avoiding the next attack she can and for some reason I did not see all these posts yesterday, ugh!


Tactical Map | Action ◆◇↺ | Checkbox ➤ (□□□) vs (☑☑☑) | Auntie Wu (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/□), Kazuki (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/□), Lan (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑), Sigurd (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑/☑), Vekka (☘️☑☑☑☑☑☑☑□/☑) | Status Symbols ➤ ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition | Spell Templates

Kunsheng - we are currently "Last Call" for Round Two - I am bumping your actions to Round Three when we get there...

Rose - moving forward, I will automatically apply your Nimble Dodge AC to the first attack against you each round, unless you specify otherwise. Also requesting that you scribe "AC: 18 or 20 dodge" into your Character Bar to remind me.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Female Half-elf Mastermind Rogue Pathfinder Agent 3 | HP 35/35 | AC: 20 (22w/ Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | ✋:Rapier ✋: Jezail | Rounds remaining: 53 | 25 feet | Class DC 19 |1 Hero points|Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none
DM rainzax wrote:
Rose - moving forward, I will automatically apply your Nimble Dodge AC to the first attack against you each round, unless you specify otherwise. Also requesting that you scribe "AC: 18 or 20 dodge" into your Character Bar to remind me.

Okay that works for me! Profile has been updated (which would have been a good idea to begin with.)

Envoy's Alliance

LG female human (Versatile) Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 (19 with Shield) | F +4, R +8 W +6 | Perc +6, Stealth +6 | speed 25 | Hero Point: 1 | Active conditons: -

Botting Imiriax:

Imiriax hurries to catch up with the rest of the group, falling in behind Bardok.

◆◆◆ Stride to catch up. I've moved his token.

51 to 100 of 493 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (PFS2) (#1-12) "Burden of Envy" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.