GM Blazej's The Protectorate Petition [Outpost III] (Inactive)

Game Master Zynete


1 to 50 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

The Protectorate Petition Maps

Venture-Captain Arvin has called upon you to a briefing within Lorespire Complex on Absalom Station. Scant on mission details is calls for you to meet with him and a member of the Stewards for a upcoming mission.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 4 | (SP 32/32, HP 32/32, RP 5/5; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +5, R +4, W +5; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Squad m gun, burning]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d10+6[/dice] [dice=BLAM! BLAM! ]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6+6[/dice]

An android steps forward. He (it?) appears to be dressed for combat, even within the confines of the Lorespire Complex. Armored in graphite carbon skin, the android sports a tactical baton across his back, two tactical semi-auto pistols in holsters strapped to his chest, and a large squad machine gun swathed in painted, red flames.

"My designation is The Analog Affair. I am the 12th iteration of this chassis. My primary role within missions for the Pathfinder Society is usually security and delivery of violence. Despite the skull and crossbones symbol tattooed upon my face, this iteration is not associated with the Besmaran faith." He pauses for a moment before saying, "Please excuse any anomalous behaviors during moments of conflict. My violence subroutines require some debugging.”

He then looks at each member of the team, his head turning to each person in turn, as he looks in their eyes. "It. Is. A. Pleasure. To. Meet. You. Go team!” he says, flashing a thumbs up sign.

Wayfinders

M Kasatha Bio-Hacker (Geneticist)/1 (Outlaw) | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | 15 EAC ; 16 KAC | 23 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | | Biohacks: 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

The door opens and in steps a tall lanky Kasathan man in a long grubby coat that has clearly been stitched back together on several occasions and has several stains that have signs of attempted cleaning, yet not totally successful. Underneath the coat atop their grubby and oft-repaired polymer armour are several bandoliers festooned with various ingredients and vials and a Brass contraption resembling a spider crawls over their shoulder.

They wear the traditional mask of the Kasathan people which doesn't display much beyond their fierce yellow eyes that seem cold unless he is pondering a new discovery. What little skin is on show is not the usual smooth grey of a Kasathan but is instead mottled and unhealthy in pallor. Unlike most of his race, Taerem has lanky black hair that is combed over one side of their face.

Examining the Android their eyes narrow slightly and the Spider begins to flash, taking down mental notes from their master.

"Yes quite, I am sure this will be exceptionally exciting" they say in a bored tone at odds with their words.

Acquisitives

Male CG Morlamaw Space Pirate Spy Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17, KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft Swim 40 ft | Reroll: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Wait for me, Arvin! I'm coming. I'm coming." says the large walrus-like creature squeezing through the doorway. "Wouldn't believe how many briefings I've missed squeezing my way through this complex! " he says as he catches his breath.

Flashing a smile at the others in the room he continues, "Captain Tiberius Trick-Tusk at yer disposal.

Tiberius' skin is a psychedelic mix of blues and purples and his four tusks are all intricately carved with symbols of the Besmaran Faith. He wears a long black coat over a light set of armor and a bicorne hat rests upon his head.

The Analog Affair-12 said wrote:
Despite the skull and crossbones symbol tattooed upon my face, this iteration is not associated with the Besmaran faith."

"Too bad. Someone of yer skills'd come in mighty handy aboard a Free Captain's ship. There be good coin in it as well!"

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

An halfling arrives just after the Captain. He's small and not very impressive. He seems weak.

Hello, my name's Floquet Zukhet. I will try to help you with my skills more than with my strength which I don't have it in large quantity. I hope I'm not late. It's my first mission you know. Everything's new for me. Do you think we will go far away from Absalom? That will be new for me too. Well that's exciting, isn't it?

Then he smiles to the others members of the party.

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Just on time comes in a tall, slender android. Whereas some androids try to mimic the features of other species, this one clearly deliberately lets his mechanical nature show: blue circuitry glows along his arms and runs down his neck, and mechanical hinges can be made out beneath the pale, translucent skin of his limbs. The android waves his hand at the party with a quick motion.

"Hey, y'all. I'm Helios-4."

It becomes clear that, although his appearance is clearly android, his demeanor is very much unlike most. He is chewing gum vigorously, one hand in a pocket of his stained cargo pants, the other toying with a clockwork device floating in the air in front of him. He looks around at Arvin's office, then scans the party briefly.

"Can't wait to get started." He grins "Haven't had an interesting job in a while." He looks at the halfling, then adds:

"Sure do hope we're gonna leave Absalom. Startin' to get the urge of leaving."


The Protectorate Petition Maps

As you enter the meeting room you find Venture-Captain Arvin ready for you as he sits near the head of a large table that glows with images
depicting an unfamiliar planet and its tiny moon, all surrounded by data readouts.

He speaks with an android who wears a blue military uniform with gold accents. Bright red conduits trace across her bald head. Arvin gestures to the remaining seats. "Join us, Starfinders. This is Major Tower-9 of the Stewards, and we have much to discuss."

The android stands—she is nearly eight feet tall—and gives a stiff bow. "Hello," she says in a deep voice. "The planet you see before you is Tabrid Minor, a Near Space world whose primary sentient inhabitants recently made contact with a Pact Worlds survey vessel. They call themselves copaxis. Having just developed Drift technology, they are only now learning about the galaxy and its many inhabitants and threats. Copaxi leaders have petitioned for protectorate status. It is up to the Stewards to decide if Tabrid Minor is an acceptable candidate."

Taking a moment to pointedly acknowledge Arvin, Tower-9 nods to as she continues, "As the supervisor for Tabrid Minor’s petition process, I have asked your venture-captain to organize an independent review of the planet and its people."

The android sits, and Arvin waves his hand across the table. The display zooms in on one of the planet’s largest continents. "The copaxis are a terrestrial species numbering two billion, and their petition claims they have a unified government and a peaceful history. Massive floating cities drift over the planet's largest continent, but they are apparently abandoned. The Major and I have determined that an independent review of one of these sites would provide the Stewards with valuable information for their final decision. Your destination is a city called Tabantria."

Turning back to the party Arvin looks upon the party before concluding, "It is your job to do what Starfinders do best: explore this area, cooperate with the copaxi research team, handle any dangers along the way, and report back to us. Any questions?"

Wayfinders

M Kasatha Bio-Hacker (Geneticist)/1 (Outlaw) | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | 15 EAC ; 16 KAC | 23 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | | Biohacks: 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Lounging back in one of the chairs, Taerem keeps their eyes on the holographic delay, barely giving the Venture-Captain or Tower-9 any of their attention. They seem to taking notes of the planet's make-up with their lower arms, whilst their top arms rest behind their head, relaxed.

"So," he begins and a casual tone, "What do we know of these 'Copaxi'? Have the supplied any data about their species, it seems intelligent to ensure we will have everything we will need to survive."

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

The Halfling wonders to this first mission:

And how is this planet? So we shouldn't face any threat during this mission? Do the Copaxi speak the Common language as well?

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Helios leans forward during the presentation, listening closely. He listens to the others, nodding slowly and continuing to chew gum.

"Our kasatha friend brings a fair point, we'll need a dossier before going forward with this. We wouldn't want to cause a diplomatic incident because we didn't know their customs."

In response to the halfling's intervention, he adds: "Yeah, we'll need a translator if that's not the case."

Helios closely examines the display on Arvin's desk. "What do we know about those cities? I'm guessing they were built by the Copaxi's ancestors? Were they abandoned recently or long ago? Why were they abandoned? Do we even have a clue about what they contain?"

Helios blows a big bubble of gum while waiting for a response from the Major.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 4 | (SP 32/32, HP 32/32, RP 5/5; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +5, R +4, W +5; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Squad m gun, burning]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d10+6[/dice] [dice=BLAM! BLAM! ]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6+6[/dice]

"All good questions," says The Analog Affair flatly. "But to my role, Major, what do the probability matrices around politics, military technology, species aggression, violent tendencies, and the like, show?"

He adjusts his grenade bandolier. A careful observer will note a slight delay (is that a caress?), when he adjusts it.

"What is the probability of violence? Higher than 33.56%? What threat level can we expect on Melturn's Scale of Modern Galactic Violence? From orbital antimatter bombardment to makeshift kinetic weapon civil disturbances."


The Protectorate Petition Maps
Taerem wrote:

Lounging back in one of the chairs, Taerem keeps their eyes on the holographic delay, barely giving the Venture-Captain or Tower-9 any of their attention. They seem to taking notes of the planet's make-up with their lower arms, whilst their top arms rest behind their head, relaxed.

"So," he begins and a casual tone, "What do we know of these 'Copaxi'? Have the supplied any data about their species, it seems intelligent to ensure we will have everything we will need to survive."

Tower-9 gives a stoic stare at Taerem as she seems to carefully evaluate him as she answers, "We have had few official interactions with them. Part of our request is that you can add to our understanding of their society and history."

"What I am able to share with you is that each copaxi is a colonial network of specialized creatures living within a flexible exoskeleton. From our communications with them each colony behaves and speaks as a single creature. So far, the have been worthy diplomats an shown great interest in Pact Worlds' cultures and technology."

Floquet Zukhet wrote:
"And how is this planet? So we shouldn't face any threat during this mission? Do the Copaxi speak the Common language as well?"

Arvin answers as he returns the holographic image to the wide view of the planet. "Approximately fifty percent of the planet is covered by oceans. The atmosphere recorded as fairly standard, but there were anomalous gravity readings. Be sure to run a scan of the planet from orbit when you arrive. I've provided an additional briefing of the details to your comms." Information in Tabrid Minor Information at bottom of post.

Tower-9 answers the latter question acknowledging both Floquet and Helios-4. "Some of their representatives have learned our common language and used it to author their petition. You should have no trouble communicating with their research team and any delegates they send."

Helios-4 wrote:
Helios closely examines the display on Arvin's desk. "What do we know about those cities? I'm guessing they were built by the Copaxi's ancestors? Were they abandoned recently or long ago? Why were they abandoned? Do we even have a clue about what they contain?"

Arvin shakes his head as he answers, "We are honestly not certain. From the reports the copaxi themselves have just developed the technology to reach the cities themselves. From their reports the cities were home to others of their species that met with some great disaster years ago. I recommend you ask the copaxi for what they found, but ensure you do your own due diligence to investigate the ruins."

The Analog Affair-12 wrote:
"What is the probability of violence? Higher than 33.56%? What threat level can we expect on Melturn's Scale of Modern Galactic Violence? From orbital antimatter bombardment to makeshift kinetic weapon civil disturbances."

Tower-9 answers without hesitation, "the Stewards are interested in peaceful diplomacy," pausing for a moment of additional thought she adds, "but I will not suggest your team put itself at risk. Handle any danger as best you can and use your own discretion if the copaxis themselves are a threat. It seems unlikely, but the galaxy is filled with surprises."

Arvin nods with agreement with the Steward as he offers, "again, there is little known about the city itself. Use your best judgement in dealing with threats in there. Treat it as any other unknown site. Exercise caution and remain safe."

Tabrid Minor Information:

Tabrid Minor (Near Space Planet)
Diameter: x1; Mass: x1; Gravity: x1
Atmosphere: Normal; Day: 1 day; Year: 1/2 eyar
Satellites: One small moon
Surface: 50% land, 50% water
Dominant Sentient Lifeforms: Copaxis (singular copaxi)
Population: Approximately 2 billion copaxis
Notable Features: Flying landmasses; highly industrialized suface settlements; minimal natural resources; lower than average biodiversity; WARNING: Readings indicate gravitational anomalies. Caution is adviced.

Mission Summary

  • Contact the copaxi research team and leave a positive impression of the Starfinder Society.
  • Conduct an independent investigation of the ruined city.
  • Collaborate with the copaxi research team by reporting findings.
  • Make independent recommendations to approve or reject the protectorate petition based on the teams findings.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 4 | (SP 32/32, HP 32/32, RP 5/5; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +5, R +4, W +5; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Squad m gun, burning]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d10+6[/dice] [dice=BLAM! BLAM! ]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6+6[/dice]

”So, no intel on copaxi aggression or violence displays or tactics. Trip-S, then,” acknowledges The Analog Affair. ”Steward Standard Strategy: Use Expendables to Gather Data. Understood, Major. I will prioritize return of maximum data... sentients back.”

He begins loading his rail-mounted grenade launcher. ”Smoke first. Frags second. Flash bangs would have been highly useful. Must review usual mission parameter load out algorithm... adding to post-mission To Do List...”

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Helios grins at the sight of The Analog Affair loading his grenade launcher.

"This should be fun. Let's try to keep it before the 'smoke first' part for as long as we can, though. We'd like to keep expenditures to a minimum." He winks to Tower-9. "Don't worry major. We'll keep it civil. We'll try to, anyway."

"Shall we get prepared, then? Can't wait to see the baby we're gonna fly to Tabrid Minor."

Acquisitives

Male CG Morlamaw Space Pirate Spy Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17, KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft Swim 40 ft | Reroll: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Chat up the locals, poke about a floating city, and report back anything interesting to you lot. Sounds easy enough." says Tiberius.

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

If we need to talk to people, that's fine. I like to talk to people, simply dislike violence. But peaceful diplomacy is a good idea. Let's discuss with them. It should be interesting for us as well.


The Protectorate Petition Maps

"It seems you have a good understanding of what is at stake here," states Venture-Captain Arvin. "You are all dismissed to attend to any any outstanding matters you have left as well as purchasing additional gear. Your ship will be ready for you at Docking Bay 22 to take you to Tabrid Minor. Good travels Starfinders."

You have the chance to make any additional purchases now as ell as finalize any boons you may have for this scenario.

Wayfinders

M Kasatha Bio-Hacker (Geneticist)/1 (Outlaw) | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | 15 EAC ; 16 KAC | 23 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | | Biohacks: 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Absorbing the further information provided by the Major, Taerem makes a few notes and adjustments to the file started for the Copaxi. Fascinating organisms indeed, this will greatly help my research. he thinks to himself as he gets up from his chair and strolls out of the room.

"I'll met you at the docking Bay, I have nothing to purchase."

Stopping by his quarters to collect his medical supplies and his latest experiment for the journey, Taerem waits at docking bay 22, lounging back and nodding off.

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Helios follows suit.

"I'm ready too. Meet you at the docking bay!"

Helios makes a short trip to his apartment to collect his belongings, then heads straight for the docking bay, his weapons holstered at his hip.


The Protectorate Petition Maps

With a light-weight drift starship at the dock you are able set off toward your destination. The journey is uneventful taking about eleven days before you exit the drift within range of Tabrid Minor.

A PC taking control of the ship sensors to follow up on Arvin's recommendation to scan the planet on arrival.

Computers DC 13:
The sensors are detecting intense gravitational anomalies on the planet's surface and the majority of the readings coming from under the planet's oceans. They are also centered around various city-sized land masses a few miles above the planet's surface.

The planet's weather is atypical for a planet of this size and atmosphere and that is likely due to the gravitational anomalies interfering with the ocean currents, tides, and storm systems.

As you approach you get a transmission from the surface. Accepting it brings up the few of four humanoids, their faces are featureless masks of smooth coral. You can distinguish between them by their varying antler-like growths. One has a pair of antlers that rise two feet and nearly meeting above their head. On one side is a copaxi has three jagged antlers shaped like lightning bolts, another has two antlers curled into ram horns, and the last has countless antlers that resemble spiked hair.

Everyone can attempt a Life Science check.

Life Science DC 16:
These masks and antlers are part of their anatomy rather than being artificial constructs.

The four creatures stare at the screen for a few moments, muttering to one another, pointing excitedly, and coming in and out of view as they jostle for their comm unit. One of them urges, "Be quiet! Look! It is working! There they are! The speaker—the one with tall, symmetrical antlers—enters the center of the screen.

"Greetings, esteemed Starfinder Society representatives. I am Therseis, representative of the Yihil regional government, and these are the members of our research team. Thank you for accepting our transmission from our two-way planetary range personal communications device. I hope that your space journey was pleasant, and your Drift travel was of a minimal duration. Welcome to Tabrid Minor. We are using our computational device to share our latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates with your starship’s computational device. We have prepared a landing zone for you. We hope that it is large enough for your orbit-to-ground personnel shuttle."

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 4 | (SP 32/32, HP 32/32, RP 5/5; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +5, R +4, W +5; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Squad m gun, burning]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d10+6[/dice] [dice=BLAM! BLAM! ]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6+6[/dice]

The Analog Affair finishes loading his grenade launcher, shoulders his machine gun, and slowly walks to the docking bay. On his way, his neurotronic mind wanders to important unanswered questions.

I wonder if copaxi disintegrate into their component creatures when hit with a frag grenade. That could cause signficiant difficulties, especially if the individual members of the copaxi are still combat capable.

I wonder if each member of a copaxi colony has a soul?

I wonder if copaxis display similar pre-violence indicators as Pact World humanoids do? Kasathas flex their bottom armfists. Lashunta antennae flatten and become still. Ysoki tails straighten. Humans' irises dilate .2 seconds before movement. Does each copaxi individual show an indicator? or does the colony as a whole show an indicator?

How many colony members must be magic capable, before the entire colony can cast?

What gods do they follow? Do those gods support violence?

How many colony members must die before a copaxi become non-functional?

What do they call Pharasma?

Do they ALL go to the Spire when they cease to function-- error error error anomaly anomaly subr%%%ines over%%ri%% GOOD QUESTION. LET'S FIND OUT! 0001001000111010111ajfkkiwuctgd system override override cancel malfunctioning protocols successful.

The Analog Affair's head stops moving briefly, just a tick, before looking to his left, "Ah, I have arrived at the docking bay. But where is the team of data gatherer Starfinders?

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

During the voyage, Helios-4 inspects the ship closely, down to the details. He spends most of his time at the helm, helping pilot the ship, working scanners or studying technomancy.

When the planet appears on the long-range scanners, Helios-4 comfortably takes place in front of one of the monitors and begins to run scans.

"Let's see what we have there, folks."

Computers DC13: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Spoiler opened

After getting a few readings, he continues: "Wow, the gravitational radar is red all over. We've got anomalies both on the surface and in the ocean. Actually most of them are coming from the waters. I'm also detecting those anomalies in masses floating above the planet. I guess those are the cities we're looking for."

"Weather's pretty damn weird too. Must be the strange gravity that's affecting the storms and tides."

When the incoming transmission appears on the mains creen, Helios turns to it and listens attentively.

Life Science, DC16: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Helios listens to the message, then nods silently, leaving the first contact to another crew member, before going to work on the landing.

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

The small halfling was done with his preparation very quickly as he doesn't possess a lot of stuff. But he has some skills which he wants to demonstrate. That's why he tries to control the ship's sensor as requested by the venture-captain.

Computer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Further he looks at the screen searching for details. And when the foreigners speak he replies.

Greetings representative of the Yihil regional government and members of the research team. I am glad to meet you and I'm looking forward to begin a collaboration between our two groups. We go to the landing zone and we meet over there. Our pilot should be enough skilled to land almost everywhere.

Well he hoped so anyway.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 4 | (SP 32/32, HP 32/32, RP 5/5; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +5, R +4, W +5; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Squad m gun, burning]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d10+6[/dice] [dice=BLAM! BLAM! ]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6+6[/dice]

I wonder if those antlers have pain receptors in them? Would shooting them be a sufficient docilization technique, or fatal? Though technically a fatal shot is also a docilization technique. Just a permanent one, thinks The Analog Affair, upon seeing the copaxi on screen.

He watches Floquet speak diplomatically on the comm unit with the copaxi research team. He decides he should try some of the "Team Dynamic Support Techniques/subthread Positive Emotive Feedback Statements" from Don't Shoot-45's hit vlog series Newly Sleeved Android Socialization.

"Good work, Floquet Zukhet! You have really been diplomatic with those copaxi," he says, flashing a thumbs up and a terribly awkward grin at the halfling.

Oh yes. I am SO good at this, he thinks, proudly.

Acquisitives

Male CG Morlamaw Space Pirate Spy Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17, KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft Swim 40 ft | Reroll: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

During the flight, Tiberius gets to know his companions as much as possible.

As they enter into orbit around Tabrid Minor he flops his bulk onto the Captain's chair and starts barking commands.

"Never fear lads! Captain Tiberius'll get ya through this just fine! Helios man the sensors and scan for those anomalies! Analog Affair man the turret in case we encounter hostiles... don't get trigger happy though. I'll let you know if it comes to that. Floquet, you're small and non-threatening, you do the talking! Taerem analyze Heios' data and see what you learn about the planet and our hosts!"

As the transmission comes in Tiberius leans back in his chair satisfied that things have been handled and takes a swig of ale.

Life Science: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Watching the Copaxi Tiberius thinks to himself, " Those are awesome masks! A boarding party would really strike fear into the hearts of... whoah! Those are their faces! If things turn violent I could take one of their skulls as a mask! That's the most pirate thing EVER!"

When the transmission cuts out he sits up and addresses the crew once more, "Excellent work people! Let's see what we can find on the planet itself."

Wayfinders

M Kasatha Bio-Hacker (Geneticist)/1 (Outlaw) | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | 15 EAC ; 16 KAC | 23 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | | Biohacks: 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

During the voyage, Taerem spends most of the trip in the Ship's lab, or failing that cargo hold with a pop-up desk furiously flipping through holo notes being displayed by their bronze spider contraption. Occasionally they run biological samples through the spider's sensorium chambers and applied stress tests to the samples,des in the form of weakened acid and watered down poisons. From the sounds, the tests do not fair well.

Hearing the warning system informing them of their proximity to the planet, Taerem takes a seat at the sensor screens and eyes the Copaxi delegates with interest. Hmm I wonder what their respiratory system is like, and how a dominant personality takes hold, unless they have several.

"Aye aye Captain they reply I their usual drawl, snapped out of their reverie by the Captain.

life science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


The Protectorate Petition Maps
Floquet Zukhet wrote:

Greetings representative of the Yihil regional government and members of the research team. I am glad to meet you and I'm looking forward to begin a collaboration between our two groups. We go to the landing zone and we meet over there. Our pilot should be enough skilled to land almost everywhere.

Well he hoped so anyway.

"We are grateful and await your landing," the comminication terminates as the coordinates feed into your system. Meanwhile the ship scanners are able to localize what seems to be a source of the gravitational anomalies.

The science officer is able to bring up a visual on their screen of a core-like organism. On the planet it is largely gathered underwater far from land, but there are traces of it across the continents and very high concentrations of the organism on the floating landmasses.

Seeing both the shared image of the coral-like organism and getting a clear understanding of the copaxi anatomy Tiberius notices the the minute patterns on the masks and antler-like growths resemble those on the coral organism.

To actually follow up on the landing attempt one person will need to take on the role of pilot and make a Piloting check to land quickly and safely.

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Helios smiles at Tiberius as he congratulates the team.

"Thanks, Cap'n. Now, to get this baby safely to ground..."

Helios takes the controls and tries to bring down the craft slowly and surely.

Piloting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The Protectorate Petition Maps

Despite a sudden shift in gravity on approach, Helios keeps a clear control of the ship as he smoothly brings down the ship for a landing in a small field about 100 feet from the research camp. Near the ship is the edge of the landmass that opens up to the world below granting a staggering view of the smog-shrouded cities on the surface.

The research camp is five structures arrayed near one another. The largest of the buildings is at the center and the four copaxis you saw on the comms stand outside. Beyond the camp is the stone ruins of the ruined city sitting with an eerie silence.

As you approach the copaxis don't carry any visible weapons and are not dressed in any armor. At their side are notes and comm units. They approach you with their arms angled outward, palms facing forward. As they get within a couple dozen feet they spin in slow circle before you.

Culture or Sense Motive DC 14:
Their choice to not announce themselves is clear. They expect you to respond in the same fashion. Arms out, palms forward, and a slow spin before speaking or approaching.

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 4 | (SP 32/32, HP 32/32, RP 5/5; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +5, R +4, W +5; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Squad m gun, burning]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d10+6[/dice] [dice=BLAM! BLAM! ]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6+6[/dice]

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

The Analog Affair does the same, spinning about with his palms out.

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

Sense motive, insight bonus: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 4 + (1) = 22

The Halfling says to the others members of the party to do the same as the copaxis and as himself. His arms are angled outward, palms facing forward. He waits before to speak.

Wayfinders

M Kasatha Bio-Hacker (Geneticist)/1 (Outlaw) | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | 15 EAC ; 16 KAC | 23 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | | Biohacks: 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Slinging their rifle over their shoulder, Taerem disembarks from the Starfinder transport behind the others, their bronze Arachnid crawling to rest on the opposite shoulder. Eyeing the Copaxi suspiciously, he is unable to read much in their strange ritual and holds off for a moment, allowing one of the mouthier Starfinders to announce the team.

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Helios gets off the ship, smiling, and looks pretty amused by the aliens spiraling around the party.

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Helios also silently extends his arms, palms upwards, before starting to spin.

Seeing Taerem stay immobile, he looks at him and at his own arms in quick succession, then makes a subtle nod towards the kasatha's arms.


The Protectorate Petition Maps

Therseis steps forward and shows her appreciation in Common, "Thank you for your patience, I ware not familiar with your own traditional greetings and thank you for your own consideration of our culture."

She looks from side to side at the team, her gaze wavering a bit but it proves difficult to immediately notice who drew her interest more among the group. "I understand you have traveled far to get here and I would ask if you wish to enter our research office for a brief meeting? If you wish we could perform the meeting out here if you wish."

In either case they open up formal introductions allowing each of the group to introduce themselves along with their own team.

Therseis starts with, "As mentioned I am Therseis and represent the local government of Yihil along with being the primary historian on the team."

Next is the copaxi jagged antlers but shows little confidence as they make wary glances away from the party as they slowly announce themselves, "I ... I am Bryanisis. Biologist." They hesitate to speak more but make glances toward both the Analog Affair but primarily Helios-4. None last more than a moment though.

"I am Gnaucara," states the next, a copaxi with antlers curled like a ram's horns. "On the ground I'm the physicist, but above I'm the pilot. Tell me how long it took your ship to get here. How does it feel to travel in the Drift?"

The final spiky-antlered copaxi announces themselves with a rapid vocalizations as they stumble across their words, "I'm the archaeolist and geologist, geoarcheolist I like to say! I'm Panacula, and I'm so excited to be able to chance to meet with you. It is really surprising to see you all, I mean I knew about you but I hadn't really realized how many shapes you all came in! Does that mean you all come from different planets within the Pact Worlds?" They bounce around toward the majority of the group but largely focus these questions at Taerem, Floquet, and Tiberius. On their chest you notice that the exoskeleton has been shaped to include the Pact Worlds' insignia.

Therseis takes over speaking again once the rest had a chance to introduce themselves. "I am honored and humbled by you allowing us your own time and efforts here today. I understand if there are any details you wish to know about, while I'm also interested to hear more about yourselves, I understand you have come here with mission in mind. Please let me know if there is information I can provide to ensure your time is well spent."

Acquisitives

Male CG Morlamaw Space Pirate Spy Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17, KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft Swim 40 ft | Reroll: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Exiting the ship last, Tiberius notes the other's actions and Floquet's comment before following suit.

Listening to each Copaxi in turn Tiberius waits for them to finish before responding, "Greetings! I am Captain Tiberius Trick-Tusk. My fellow Starfinders represent several different cultures and species. I myself hail from the world of Arniselle which lies outside of the Pact Worlds system much like your own. We are excited to learn about your people and explore this wondrous floating city with you."

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

The Halfling speaks also:

Greetings. You're welcome. That's normal to try to do like you. My nam's Floquet Zukhet. It was me who spoke to you when we were in approach. I am honored to meet you for this mission. For my part, I'm more computer and engineer, so a medical scientist. My companions have others skills. Yes, we are here to see and do something but we still have time to talk a bit previously. What do you want to know?

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Those Copaxi are an interesting bunch. We have to get at least some data on their biological processes before we leave. This could prove useful for development of our own technology and augmentations, if nothing else.

Helios briefly nods at the assembled Copaxi and offers his own greetings.
"Nice to meet you all." he begins, clearly making an effort to sound somewhat formal. "I'm Helios-4, an android from the planet Akiton." His circuits give off a soft red glow for a brief instant when he speaks of the red planet.

The android turns to Gnaucara and smiles. "Nice to meet ya too, Gnaucara. I'm a pilot as well. My job back at Absalom Station is to test experimental spacecraft." Helios ponders for a while, then adds: "Our trip from our home to your planet took about eleven days. Our days and yours are about the same length, so that simplifies things. And as for the Drift, it is... Thrilling. For me, nothing quite compares to the feeling it gives, though it tends to make some organic life forms sick the first few times."

"As my friend Floquet Zukhet said, please ask any questions you may have." Helios suddenly becomes serious. "But since you mention our mission, I gotta say I'm quite eager to visit those floating cities. Can you give us any information about them? Who were their inhabitants, why were they deserted, what should we find and the likes?"


The Protectorate Petition Maps

Panacula eagerly responds to Tiberius nearly cutting him off before he finishes, "Oh you world also is outside the Pact Worlds system? Did your world a protectorate or is a full member of the Pact Worlds system? Did they recently petition-" They stop themselves short on that thought as though broaching on a tabboo topic of the petition itself.

Therseis takes over the conversation politing stating, "We are looking forward to sharing our knowledge with you as well. We wish to learn much about all of you. We understand that there are various societies that exist within the Pact Worlds and I'm certain Panacula would want to hear how the people of your own world approach governance or any other element of your society."

Looking toward Floquet, Therseis continues, "We are lucky to have your skills here along here today. From my understanding our own technology is less advanced than your own designs and I'm curious if you have worked with technology from other cultures before?"

Bryanisis glances between the dramatically difference sizes and body structures just between Floquet, Taerem, and Tiberius, but doesn't vocalize anything on the matter.

As Helios' circuitry glows red the copaxi pause for a moment and focus their gazes on the others and avoid staring at the technomancer.

Gnaucara responds back, "Ah, so you are the pilot. We are organic life ourselves so is is possible that our experiences would be more like others. How many planets have you been to then?" They starts to direct that question to the group for a moment, but Therseis gives pointed curt interjection and guides Gnaucara to not avoid Helios in conversation. "As for the cities themselves, we just got here and are still learning."

They seem satisfied with their answer but Therseis expands upon it by saying, "While we have had flight for quite some time, the gravitational warping around the cities have made it quite dangerous. This city of Tabantria is the only one we have discovered that is still intact and upright. Historical records show that the cities were elevated through ancient magic and that magic caused the downfall of the separate copaxi that resided here. The divinities saw their over-reliance on magic and punished them for that act. Prior to their destruction they were the ruling class of the world."

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

The Halfling stays enthusiastic in this words:

I'm sorry but I haven't had the possibility to work with technology outside the Pact Worlds until now. You know this is my first mission as Starfinder. But I'm happy to discover yours. By the way, this city of Tabantria... Is it possible to visit it? You tell things and now I'm a bit curious. I hope you understand what I mean. You can just tell me if it's not the right moment.

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Oh, what is that? They seem a bit uneasy with androids. Maybe they don't have much machines themselves, let alone sentient constructs. Oh well, time will tell, I guess.

Helios answers Gnaucara's question, ignoring the exchange between them and Therseis: "My prior job on a merchant vessel took me to most of the Pact Worlds, though I have only visited Castrovel, Eox and Verces. And of course, Akiton and Absalom Station. Recently I have also visited Elytrio, which was a very interesting journey."

The android listens closely to Therseis' response. "That's intriguing. Can't wait to explore it."

Wayfinders

M Kasatha Bio-Hacker (Geneticist)/1 (Outlaw) | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | 15 EAC ; 16 KAC | 23 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | | Biohacks: 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"I'm Taerem, my specialism is in Genetics." Taerem replies simply, keeping their eyes focused on the four Copaxi, wary in case they mean to do the group harm, yet fascinated at their unique bio-structure. "I come from a world destroyed by disasters that have left it a barren desert far from the Pact Worlds. The Kasatha in the Pact World live on a ship with manufactured environs - though I have not been there to experience it."

"Divine retribution? Interesting. Did the Copaxi of the floating cities show a divergent gene structure? Or have you done any other investigation into them?"

Acquisitives

M Android Soldier 4 | (SP 32/32, HP 32/32, RP 5/5; EAC 16, KAC 17; F +5, R +4, W +5; Init +3, LLV, DV60'; [dice=Squad m gun, burning]1d20+7[/dice] [dice=dmg]1d10+6[/dice] [dice=BLAM! BLAM! ]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=Dmg]1d6+6[/dice]

The Analog Affair watches as the conversation flows between the various copaxi and the Starfinders. He, too, notices their reticence around androids.

He decides to deploy several conversational options he learned about while watching Don't Shoot-45's vlog "Newly Sleeved Android Socialization." Episode 5455t-x, Meeting Other Sentients, seems to have the most relevant conversation templates.

"We come in peace," he says, hesitantly. "My designation is The Analog Affair. I do not wish to consume you. My fuel is solar/microfusion. Do not worry."

Hmmm. That didn't go over as well as Don't Shoot-45 said it would in his vlog.

"My role is team/group protection and the administration of violence in pursuit of that protection."

Don't Shoot always said link your conversation back to what the sentient said first. Hmmm.

"Does this floating city of Tabantria have any documented dangers we should protect ourselves against?"

Acquisitives

Male CG Morlamaw Space Pirate Spy Operative 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17, KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft Swim 40 ft | Reroll: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"What was that about?" Tiberius thinks as Therseis interrupts Panacula.

"My homeworld has not yet petitioned for Protectorate status. It is significantly further from the Pact Worlds than Tabrid Minor. A fair number of my people have joined independent organizations within the Pact Worlds in order to see more of the galaxy."


The Protectorate Petition Maps
Taerem wrote:
"Divine retribution? Interesting. Did the Copaxi of the floating cities show a divergent gene structure? Or have you done any other investigation into them?"

After a moment Therseis answers, "We have gathered primarily surviving flora and fauna, but I believe Bryanisis among us would be able to answer the question."

It takes a few silent seconds before Bryanisis seems to realize they are being called upon to speak and discuss after minor mutterings as they compile their thoughts they offer, "Deterioration is great and preserved remains are limited. The more fully formed bodies are animated making inspection difficult. Examinations of the remains found haven't revealed any differences as of yet."

--

Sensing the thread of Analog Affair's discussion Therseis steps in to avert diplomatic failing, "I apologize for the confusion we must be creating throughout you. While all of your races are strangers to us, our experiences are with biological lifeforms as our world has little, if any, artificial life."

With the matter out Gnaucara gives a longer look at the pair of androids before nodding, "Right. The government keeps a strong gravity around any technological development in that field. Many hold a reverence for life and don't want scientists toying with those matters. There was development into robots years ago, but gravitational anomalies played havoc with their sensors and made them act erratic. Since then the government has restricted their study. Far before I got my shell though so all I have are stories. Still I admit you are both impressive."

The other researches also nod with agreement as they ponder questions, but Therseis cuts them off before one can delve into intrusive questions of android function, "this is a matter we have little information and as scientists we do have the desire to fill such voids. Still this topic might be a bit too long to resolve during this trip especially with the research into the city before the Starfinders."

Sense Motive DC 20:
You get the sense that Therseis is as interested if not more intrigued by Analog and Helios than the other researchers, but she is hesitant to discuss the topic.

Floquet Zukhet wrote:
"By the way, this city of Tabantria... Is it possible to visit it?"
The Analog Affair-12 wrote:
"Does this floating city of Tabantria have any documented dangers we should protect ourselves against?"

Theresis withdraws a printed map of the city with various annoations made at a number of the sites and provides it to Floquet. "We have done a significant amount of exploration of they city ourselves, as much as we are capable of at least. In preparation for your arrives we compiled our immediate notes upon the location of they city, not to force your hand," they add to avoid the implication that the research team is in charge of your time and direction, "but merely to share the information we have gathered thus far."

"As you might have gathered from our gear, we are not equipped to deal with violent threats on our own here. Our mission of one of research and documentation. There have been a number of threats we have come across at some of the locations. We could offer our accounts of what we encounter at the locations, but our experiences are brief as we fell back once it became clear the dangers involved."

"I would ask for your aid in these areas if you are able. We would be grateful if you could catalog strange or unique findings and share it with us. If you do so I have credits I have been provided to offer you payment for any services you provide."

Map added to second slide of maps. If you wish additional clarification on notes, feel free to ask.

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

Sense motive, insight bonus: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (2) = 12

The Halfling is very delighted with the map. He feels himself very important with this.

As you can notice with my own gear, I'm not a lot more prepared to deal with brutal threats than you. Fortunately my companions are more equipped that for. I would say I will be pleased to share information you already get on each locations and we will give you the information we will able to collect once we will have visited the different locations. I think in this case it would be ridiculous not to share information.

To his companions:

I think we should begin the exploration with the number 1 on the map.

Wayfinders

M Kasatha Bio-Hacker (Geneticist)/1 (Outlaw) | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | 15 EAC ; 16 KAC | 23 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | | Biohacks: 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Taerem listens to the reply and makes a few more notes on their current project, their Bronze Arachnid contraption flashing slightly as it saved the musings and made some calculations. Nodding at Floquet they shrug their shoulders.

"Seems fine to me, I have no preference in the order." they reply, checking their rifle is ready before they depart.

Wayfinders

"Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 2 (Ace Pilot) | SP 12/12 ; HP 13/14 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 15 ; KAC 15 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +3 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +2; SM. -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
bot:
[dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+3[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

Helios takes a look at the map.

"Huh, that's intriguing." He points at the number 7. "Headaches? Do you mean that the people who went there started to have headaches?"

"Personally, I would have opted to visit number 6 first. Since it's an observation tower, maybe we'd have a vantage point from which we could examine the rest of the city before exploring it." The android shrugs. "But if you insist on going to number 1, I'll follow." He then turns to the copaxi, pointing the observation tower on the map.

"What does the indication 'scavengers' mean?"


The Protectorate Petition Maps

Panacula looks over Floquet commented that, "Even still you are far better armed than we are." Directing toward their own lack of armor and weapons. "Even you seemed like a warrior to me and I'm curious if that is normal for your culture."

---

With regard to Helios question about the seventh location Bryanisis murmurs as Helios directs attention toward the arena. "Constant throbbing pain. Too painful."

Therseis nods with agreement as they add, "Yes, at least, headaches were the closest translation we could find in your common Pact World language. While we were able to explore other portions of the academic area, when we approached the large open air building in that area, there was a thrumming pain throughout our nodules. It passed as soon as we left, but we weren't able to approach that area or even determine the cause. Bryanisis has done some research, but lacking additional systems the process has been slow."

Refocusing themselves on the observation tower Therseis continues, "they are another group of copaxis that have recently found a way up here and have been explore that section of the ruins for at least a few prior days. They are unaffiliated with any government agency though and have been scavenging resources within that area. Thus far we have not been able to explore the area without them threatening us and demanding we withdraw."

GM Screen:

Floquet Zukhet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Analog Affair-12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Taerem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Helios-4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Tiberius Trick-Tusk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

You can each make a Diplomacy check to reflect your interactions throughout this discussion.

I have one suggestion to visit 1 first so far and another suggestion for 6.

Wayfinders

Male N Halfling Field medic Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 (+bonus) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Sneaky.

Diplomacy, insight bonus: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 8 + (1) = 29

#6 is far away. #1 is the closest. With no beast normally.

1 to 50 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blazej's The Protectorate Petition [Outpost III] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.