Ironsight Operations Overview

Game Master Storm Dragon


1 to 50 of 160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

The Sky Port of Balentyne. Lifeblood of the northern mountains, and one of the most prolific trade hubs in the world.

You can buy anything in Balentyne: weapons, goods, people, and more esoteric items all make their way through the great northern port.
It’s also one of the more sprawling cities in the known world, spanning an entire mountain range, and is formed of the ancient pathways left by the original Vanara inhabitants.

As a result it is built as much on as in and around the mountains, with vast bridgeways and narrow, vertigo inducing guardrail-less paths over sheer drops.

The Vanara still make up the majority population in Balentyne, but only just. Ove the centuries it’s become an enormous cosmopolitan center, with dwarves specially making up a large portion of the immigrant population, but representatives of all of the other races claiming a piece of the pie as well.

Each peak is a city all its own, and ruled by governors that impart their own law and order on their corners of the city. However, all answer to Primal Seers and their Interpreter.

The Sages possess the knowledge of all Vanara; past and present. This give them immense wisdom: at a price. They’re often lost in their memories, or the day to day lives of random citizens, and can only become lucid with great effort.

Much of the time the governors run the day to day of Balentyne’s various districts, and the Interpreter’s role is largely ceremonial: but when the Seers speak, all of Balentyne listens.

You, the [Ironsight Regulators] have been in Balentyne for some time, and have made a name for yourself after a few successful missions, enough to be trusted with more sensitive issues.

In this case, escorting a prominent political official. He’s one of the next in line for governor of your own district, the Ridgerunner district (named for its founder). The district is traditionally Vanaran, but the current candidate has a good shot at winning it as a Dwarf, which many of the purists take umbrage with; Ridgerunner is the last district that has never had a non-Vanara governor.

Your job is to protect him for three days until the election concludes; after which, hopefully, the ire either dies down or is rendered moot by the increased security he’ll receive from the city.
Your pay is a stipend of 20 gold each per day for expenses, plus a bonus on successful completion.

For now, you wait in a hotel suite provided by Ridgerunner’s government, your detail to start on the morrow.
The time is 5 PM. How do you prepare?


Rune finishes up any last-minute maintenance he has on his portable turret, along with gathering any spare wire, scrap metal, and various hardware, (nuts, bolts, screws, welding rods, etc.) from shops in the area.


Male Human Commander 3|| HP: 21/21 (5 Temp: 26/21), AC: 20 (FF: 16 T: 15) || Init: +4, Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +4 || Per: +6

Paizo's giving me an error when I try to fiddle with this alias more, I'll fill things out soon.

A man named Alexander sits in a well-fitted blue suit with a pink undershirt. Posture is important to prevent creasing as he sits upright and attentive to his recent allies around him. His average height and build fitsl well with his polite and reserved demeanor to give the image of a man who doesn't stand out until needed. His cool-head under pressure and tactical advice serves his role in this managerie well.

"Shall we iterate our plan once more? Or do we suppose that would hex us?" A somewhat superstitious thing to say, but you never know these days.


Male Ratfolk slime savant 3 | HP: 17(+6) | BAB: +1 CMB: +0 CMD: 13 FCMD: 10 | AC: 20 T:15 FF: 15| INIT: 7 | FORT: +2 REF: +7 WILL: +4| Perception: 6 |
Effected By:
Vitalizing Vodka (+6) | Revitalizing Rum (+1 saves)

Chester has slimes and Alchemical creations prepped and ready, he has a collection of Jars with various slime cultures of various colors across the rainbow which he uses to make the various reagents for his creations, He specifically makes a salve from a pink Ooze extract for The Dwarf to give it to him to use in case he becomes injured, and so long as he's able he'll keep that up and dedicated to him.

"Big deal this dwarf huh? What was his name again?"

he asks his fellow Regulators as they gather in their suite to prepare, While drinking his own homemade drink

Vitolizing Vodka: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 Temp HP for 1 hour


Not Piloting | HP 20/20 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 20 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | While Piloting | +HP 44/44 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 21 | Fort: -, Ref: +5, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +5, CMD: 15, | Init: +4 | Perception: +9 | Hardness 10 Power Points: 7/7 | Free Gadgets: 4/4 | Charges: 7/7 | Cannon Ammo: 70 | Pistol Ammo: 40

If there was one thing that was a pain in the ass when you didn't stand taller than three feet tall and had what could cheerfully be referred to as noodle arms then it was shopping. Rekt wasn't weak for one of his kind - far from it, perhaps - but compared to the people who lugged this crap around he was lacking in...physical. Just generally physical ability.

If there was one thing that made shopping easier, however, it was a 8ft tall death machine that could carry all your stuff for you. The iron machine stood gleaming outside the shop, massive hand to its side, shield held in front. It's bronze chased armour gleamed in the light as Rekt loaded it with the supplies he was buying, making sure he wouldn't need to go shopping while guarding.


Dat Boy Chester wrote:
"Big deal this dwarf huh? What was his name again?"

Flint Steelbones is his name, a surname which rings as familiar to some of you.

Anybody have Kn. Local?


Male Ratfolk slime savant 3 | HP: 17(+6) | BAB: +1 CMB: +0 CMD: 13 FCMD: 10 | AC: 20 T:15 FF: 15| INIT: 7 | FORT: +2 REF: +7 WILL: +4| Perception: 6 |
Effected By:
Vitalizing Vodka (+6) | Revitalizing Rum (+1 saves)

Yes

K.Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

For the record, Chester has every Knowlege skill and they are all +11, even Martial. He's a big smart boy


(Forgot to do this)

Rune is a 6'3" 285lbs tiefling, who can frequently be seen in his workshop (or any environment he can make suitable to work in) tinkering away at various gadgets. Rune has brown shoulder-length hair, that is tied back most of the time; with goggles the work as welders glasses and safety glasses, sitting just below his horns that extend out from the top of the forehead and curve up. A respirator dangling from his neck when not in use for when he has to sand, or on the rare occasion, chemicals. Rune sports a black tank top, and grey slops made from a breathable, tear-proof material, that is tucked into his steel toe work boots that function as hiking/ combat boots. When in transit everything fits in the two satchels he keeps: one for tools and parts, the other for schematics, and gadgets. The only weapon noticeable on his person is the lever-action rifle he keeps slung over his shoulder, and a bandolier of ammo on his right hip.


Dat Boy Chester wrote:

Yes

[dice=K.Local]1d20+11

For the record, Chester has every Knowlege skill and they are all +11, even Martial. He's a big smart boy

The Steelbones clan is one of the most powerful of the Dwarven clans in the world, currently ruled by their patriarch, the Iron Baron Skarn Steelbones.

They control the largest iron mines and foundries in the world, and are one of the back bones of industry for most of society.

This could be part of the reason for the backlash against the man; it could be perceived as a move by the Steelbones clan to get their fingers in a new piece of the pie.


Male Hobgoblin Conscript 3 31/31 HP AC 20 (tch 15; ff 17); CMD 17; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +4; Darkvision; Perception +8; Sense Motive +2; Init +4 Imp.Snapshot, Intercepting Shot +6

Jahg rests against the suite wall while cleaning his rifle. Beside him rests an open sack with an eclectic mix of scrap and other odds and ends. He wears an old graying military uniform complete with a cap and jacket although the glint of his chainshirt peeks slightly from behind his open collar. A pair of goggles rests around his neck. Standing at 5,5, the hobgoblin tends to be twitchy before taking on a job but progressively grows calmer the closer to imminent threat he gets. A double-barreled shotgun hangs from a holster at his back waist alongside a revolver at his hip. His skin is pale gray tinged with green, a hint indicating orcish descent if his prominent tusks don't give it away.

"Anyone know if he's got any enemies that want to put him in the ground?"

Kn.Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Ratfolk slime savant 3 | HP: 17(+6) | BAB: +1 CMB: +0 CMD: 13 FCMD: 10 | AC: 20 T:15 FF: 15| INIT: 7 | FORT: +2 REF: +7 WILL: +4| Perception: 6 |
Effected By:
Vitalizing Vodka (+6) | Revitalizing Rum (+1 saves)

Chester is a 3'4 Ratfolk, He is white with red eyes and lithe to the point of looking sickly, 15 years old he is hardly an adult by Ratfolk standards, He has claimed one of the tables in the suite as his personal desk, strewn about it he has various jars, vials, and beakers, some empty, most containing a colorful Gel-like substance of some kind, He is currently spreading over a dozen personal journals over his desk, thumbing through them to find the one which he jotted down the info on the Client on.

"Which one of these did I write this down in, Oh how did I lose it already? Oh here we are! Flint Steelbones, Steelbones like the guys who own all the mines and factories? Is he one of those steelbones? That's a big important family, I think you got the right idea, I Reckon they would have enemies."

K.Loal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Not Piloting | HP 20/20 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 20 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | While Piloting | +HP 44/44 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 21 | Fort: -, Ref: +5, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +5, CMD: 15, | Init: +4 | Perception: +9 | Hardness 10 Power Points: 7/7 | Free Gadgets: 4/4 | Charges: 7/7 | Cannon Ammo: 70 | Pistol Ammo: 40

Clanking up to the others in the massive suit of armour,Rekt laughed at the question of who would want to kill the man as he came out the hatch. "Yup, he's Steelbones. You best have a good, long piece of wall for that list, Jahg. Plenty of competitors would like to see them taken down. Plenty of customers, too. Good steel, crappy prices." Rekt banged the armour with a clang to emphasise the point.

"Then there's political rivals. Bet they think 'better us than them in charge', although they'd be dumb to do it. Steelbones have plenty more they can toss in, now with extra sympathy vote! Less likely to be a family member out to gain influence. Rest of the clan would be really, really...annoyed...by killing him off before he gets voted in. Then again, maybe that's the plan. See sympathy vote for details!" Rekt laughed again. "Should be a fun way to earn 20gp. Four shots before it becomes unprofitable." The massive suit of armour fired shells, after all - which did not come quite as cheap as powder and shot.


Lighting a cigarette Rune looks to Rekt with a curious look "What about the other families? Which one of them has the most to gain from whacking this guy? Might help us with some tactics if we have an idea of how they are going to be coming at us"

Rune looks down at his mini turret and tinkers with it a bit before looking to the rest of the room, taking a long drag, the smoke coming out of his nose with a long sigh "Something to consider; How subtle are these guys wanting to be about this whole thing? What is stopping these other families from calling a truce for a moment and taking out this guy so that way business is better for them and they can just take down Steelbones."


Male Human Battle Butler 2 / Rigger 1 | HP 29/29 | AC 19, T 16, FF 16 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +3 | Percep +7 | Charges 6/6

The slight, unassuming figure of Edgar stands quietly in a corner of the room. In his hands he holds a half-built gadget of ambiguous design, perhaps meant to be formed into something useful later.

Detecting an opening in the conversation, he pushes up on the bridge of his spectacles - a gesture meant to subtly draw attention - before speaking up.

"With my bodyguard training, I can protect Master Steelbones from direct assaults. Since I don't need very much sleep, I can also keep watch at night."

"But considering the types of enemies he has, we should also be prepared for subtle dangers, such as poisoned food. I wonder if he would be open to letting me prepare his meals?"


Male Hobgoblin Conscript 3 31/31 HP AC 20 (tch 15; ff 17); CMD 17; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +4; Darkvision; Perception +8; Sense Motive +2; Init +4 Imp.Snapshot, Intercepting Shot +6

Jahg's tusks flash in a grin.

"It's good! Let them all come and Steelbones will foot the bill for all the bodies. I bet he can pull a fast one on them if'n we can prove who came from who." Jahg chambers a round into his rifle and slings it over his shoulder.

"I'm going to patrol around a bit, Rekt, you wanna come with?"


Male Ratfolk slime savant 3 | HP: 17(+6) | BAB: +1 CMB: +0 CMD: 13 FCMD: 10 | AC: 20 T:15 FF: 15| INIT: 7 | FORT: +2 REF: +7 WILL: +4| Perception: 6 |
Effected By:
Vitalizing Vodka (+6) | Revitalizing Rum (+1 saves)

Opens one of his culture Jars and takes a dropper of sugar water, Dripping over a quivering cyan-colored goo, eyes focused not looking away as he spoke.

"Ah, sleep should not be an issue for us, I can make an extract that can keep one awake and unfatigued for days, Though it does have an alcohol base, not that I imagine anyone is against such things"

he chuckles and whispers something in his native tongue to one of his slimes as he drops sugar water onto it.

"Can I come too? I need to get Chester Jr. some air."

He then uncorks a large vial and tips it over onto the table, a green goo slapping on the wood and then forming into a thrumming grapefruit-sized green ball. One of his slimes, specifically his favorite one.


Male Human Commander 3|| HP: 21/21 (5 Temp: 26/21), AC: 20 (FF: 16 T: 15) || Init: +4, Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +4 || Per: +6

"If I may, I wouldn't mind getting out for the evening as well. A walk is good for the mind. And we may well scout out some points of concern on the way. If goodness forbid, an attack were to come from the rooftop, we would be harder pressed to stop it."

Alexander stops to greet Chester Jr. as well as he would for anyone, slime or otherwise.

"Good evening little chap."


Male Hobgoblin Conscript 3 31/31 HP AC 20 (tch 15; ff 17); CMD 17; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +4; Darkvision; Perception +8; Sense Motive +2; Init +4 Imp.Snapshot, Intercepting Shot +6

Jahg looks askance at Alexander.

"Don't matter where they come from. If it comes down to a fight between me and the tin can, we'll win. The subtlety stuff you all can handle. I just don't feel comfortable in these posh rooms...although the wine and cigars are nice."

"Let's go pipsqueak. Mr. Melkurio, Rune, you comin' along? I just wanna be sure our employer doesn't get merked before our job even starts."


Male Ratfolk slime savant 3 | HP: 17(+6) | BAB: +1 CMB: +0 CMD: 13 FCMD: 10 | AC: 20 T:15 FF: 15| INIT: 7 | FORT: +2 REF: +7 WILL: +4| Perception: 6 |
Effected By:
Vitalizing Vodka (+6) | Revitalizing Rum (+1 saves)

"Oh, Everyone take one for the road, Ironsite Regulators!"

He hands out drafts of his current brew each shot contained inside small vials. A strong potent alcohol prepared in a special fashion of his invention that he called "Hyper Fermentation", a nice way of saying, fermented in the membrane of a special slime.

I have 4 shots to hand out, They are a combo of Vitalizing Vodka and Revitalizing Rum. They give

-2d4 Temp HP for 1 hour
-+1 to all saves for 1 hour

Hopefully, no one has a negative modifier to Con, cause if you do that they will get sloshed instantly.

Whoever wants one take one.


Male Human Commander 3|| HP: 21/21 (5 Temp: 26/21), AC: 20 (FF: 16 T: 15) || Init: +4, Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +4 || Per: +6

Noice

Buffer vs early poopstorm: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

"Yes masters Melkurio and Alistair, do join us. The more the merrier. Especially when plans must be made." Alexander grabs his overcoat his cane and holsters his pistol away under the double-breasted coat to complete his outerwear.

"We may stop at the casino on the way."


Not Piloting | HP 20/20 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 20 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | While Piloting | +HP 44/44 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 21 | Fort: -, Ref: +5, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +5, CMD: 15, | Init: +4 | Perception: +9 | Hardness 10 Power Points: 7/7 | Free Gadgets: 4/4 | Charges: 7/7 | Cannon Ammo: 70 | Pistol Ammo: 40

"Other families are as likely as everyone else. We might have to ask the assassins to form an orderly line for there chance at his back, or dinner plate, otherwise they'll be tripping over each other." The tattooed Goblinoid grinned.

As the others discussed a walk he shrugged. "Sure. Nothing better to do until the bullets fly and the bereaved cry."

Taking one of the brews, Rekt looked at it curiously. "Drank wood alcohol once. Probably a mistake. Woke up trying to re-invent gravity." Rekt considered for a moment. "On the plus side helped with build the shields, so all is well that ends up with me not blind." He slipped back behind the armours controls, the massive machine coming to life once more as delicate fingers flew across the controls. Behind the controls Rekt could be seen grinning, which was not uncommon in giant robot pilots.


Male Human Battle Butler 2 / Rigger 1 | HP 29/29 | AC 19, T 16, FF 16 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +3 | Percep +7 | Charges 6/6

"Very well, I suppose I could use some fresh air."

Edgar takes a careful sip of the brew. "Ah, well done as always, Sir Chester. I can almost taste the slime."

Temp HP: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


Rune makes a big sigh, finishing his smoke and tying up any loose ends with the last of his modifications and repairs. Taking the rest of the pack of cigs, lighter and a few other things for patrol (mini turret and rifle.) he stands, cocking his head as to not bang his horns on the ceiling.

"Might as well, better than sitting inside and tinkering."


You have three options if you plan to go gambling: the "Drunk Tank" (more of a bar than a gambling hall, but there are some fairly high stakes dice and pool games that go on there), an exceptionally seedy place nobody refers to by name, but apparently runs a poker operation out of the back on the downlow, and the high class option: Casino 21 (originally a lower class establishment that was gentrified by rich people and noblemen "slumming it" there).


Rune isn't picky, he just wants somewhere that he can have a good time for just a little gold. He isn't in it to win money.

"If everyone is feelin' the cards we could always see about giving some poker a try, otherwise my vote is on casino 21, unless y'all wanna scrap it out with a few drunks over a couple'a silver and some dice."


Male Ratfolk slime savant 3 | HP: 17(+6) | BAB: +1 CMB: +0 CMD: 13 FCMD: 10 | AC: 20 T:15 FF: 15| INIT: 7 | FORT: +2 REF: +7 WILL: +4| Perception: 6 |
Effected By:
Vitalizing Vodka (+6) | Revitalizing Rum (+1 saves)

Thinks for a second over the available options.

"I bet that fancy place has slots, I wanna go there!"


Not Piloting | HP 20/20 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 20 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | While Piloting | +HP 44/44 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 21 | Fort: -, Ref: +5, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +5, CMD: 15, | Init: +4 | Perception: +9 | Hardness 10 Power Points: 7/7 | Free Gadgets: 4/4 | Charges: 7/7 | Cannon Ammo: 70 | Pistol Ammo: 40

"Not smart to drink and gamble. Good way to lose cash hand over fist." Rekt shrugged. "Casino 21 sounds like a place to fleece rich idiots. Buy more ammo."


Male Hobgoblin Conscript 3 31/31 HP AC 20 (tch 15; ff 17); CMD 17; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +4; Darkvision; Perception +8; Sense Motive +2; Init +4 Imp.Snapshot, Intercepting Shot +6

"Heh, and if we cheat what're a bunch of rich fops gonna do? Throw us out? I'd like to see them try." Jahg lets out a guttural laugh.


Male Human Commander 3|| HP: 21/21 (5 Temp: 26/21), AC: 20 (FF: 16 T: 15) || Init: +4, Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +4 || Per: +6
Gunnery Sgt. Jahg Cru'dahl wrote:
"Heh, and if we cheat what're a bunch of rich fops gonna do? Throw us out? I'd like to see them try." Jahg lets out a guttural laugh.

"It would seem to me that preventing a stain such as that on our reputation would be reason enough to supress our lesser instincts. It certainly would make finding contracts more difficult I dare say."


Not Piloting | HP 20/20 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 20 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | While Piloting | +HP 44/44 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 21 | Fort: -, Ref: +5, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +5, CMD: 15, | Init: +4 | Perception: +9 | Hardness 10 Power Points: 7/7 | Free Gadgets: 4/4 | Charges: 7/7 | Cannon Ammo: 70 | Pistol Ammo: 40

"No need to cheat," Rekt reasoned as they went on there way. "Just let 'em get goooood and sloshed. Then they can't blame you for winning. Hells, probably won't even remember the cash come morning if they're on the good stuff. Purple Worm Tequila leads to exciting nights and many apologies for where your pants were found."


Male Human Battle Butler 2 / Rigger 1 | HP 29/29 | AC 19, T 16, FF 16 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +3 | Percep +7 | Charges 6/6

"I only ask that we avoid putting ourselves in the red before we've even started the job. Need I remind you gentlemen about our last gambling excursion?" Edgar asks, making a point not to look directly at Alexander.


Male Hobgoblin Conscript 3 31/31 HP AC 20 (tch 15; ff 17); CMD 17; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +4; Darkvision; Perception +8; Sense Motive +2; Init +4 Imp.Snapshot, Intercepting Shot +6
Alexander Reginald Goodeman III wrote:
Gunnery Sgt. Jahg Cru'dahl wrote:
"Heh, and if we cheat what're a bunch of rich fops gonna do? Throw us out? I'd like to see them try." Jahg lets out a guttural laugh.
"It would seem to me that preventing a stain such as that on our reputation would be reason enough to supress our lesser instincts. It certainly would make finding contracts more difficult I dare say."

"...Was only kidding. Maybe."


Casino 21 is hopping, even on a weekday. You actually have to wait in line for about 10 minutes before being let in.

Once inside, there are tables to every game imaginable; craps, roulette, poker, blackjack, and Fireball, take up the majority, but there are walls of slots as well, mostly unoccupied.

For most of these games, roll Prof. Gambler. For Fireball, we got RULES.


Male Ratfolk slime savant 3 | HP: 17(+6) | BAB: +1 CMB: +0 CMD: 13 FCMD: 10 | AC: 20 T:15 FF: 15| INIT: 7 | FORT: +2 REF: +7 WILL: +4| Perception: 6 |
Effected By:
Vitalizing Vodka (+6) | Revitalizing Rum (+1 saves)

What is the weapon policy at casino 21, is it like a out of sight out of mind no weapons allowed policy, or are we searched?

"Oh boy, I love slots, all the lights, and you have to pull that big leaver, it's very fun. I'll see you guys later"

Chester bottles his slime before entering the casino, takes his small bag of silver, orders himself a bubbly drink and spends the rest of the night at the slots.

Wisdom: 1d20 ⇒ 14
no prof gambler so just rolled wisdom, not sure if it's even applicable with slots


After getting a straight whiskey and lighting another cigarette, Rune follows the ratfolk and as he pulls the leaver he watches his and all the other slot machines to get an idea of which machine is most likely to payout next and how easy it might be to rig the results

Kno.Eng: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Rune's knowledge of engineering tells him that tampering with these machines, or even watching them for too long to gather such info would be a very bad idea.


Storm Dragon wrote:
Rune's knowledge of engineering tells him that tampering with these machines, or even watching them for too long to gather such info would be a very bad idea.

For more info, there are several cunningly placed hidey holes and viewing ports scattered around the area, where presumably security is watching players' every move. Rune only sees a couple of them, but he's smart enough to know that where there are two, there are bound to be a lot more.


Rune takes a swig from his whiskey and sits next to his ratfolk friend, placing a chip in the slot for a crank gambling: 1d20 ⇒ 6 he leaves with winnings for Chester and heads over for some poker making sure to find a cheaper table so he can play for a long time gamling: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Hobgoblin Conscript 3 31/31 HP AC 20 (tch 15; ff 17); CMD 17; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +4; Darkvision; Perception +8; Sense Motive +2; Init +4 Imp.Snapshot, Intercepting Shot +6

Jahg sits down at one of the blackjack tables with a cigar and just exudes that general hobgoblin menace at the other players.
Prof.Gambler: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Not Piloting | HP 20/20 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 20 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | While Piloting | +HP 44/44 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 21 | Fort: -, Ref: +5, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +5, CMD: 15, | Init: +4 | Perception: +9 | Hardness 10 Power Points: 7/7 | Free Gadgets: 4/4 | Charges: 7/7 | Cannon Ammo: 70 | Pistol Ammo: 40

Rekt wasn't great at gambling. He simply did it for fun occasionally. Still, he wasn't looking to loose too much money, so he simply went for roulette.

Wisdom: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male Human Battle Butler 2 / Rigger 1 | HP 29/29 | AC 19, T 16, FF 16 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +3 | Percep +7 | Charges 6/6

Edgar doesn't partake himself, but instead offers advice to Jahg, who seems to be doing the best of the group.

Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Unfortunately, he seems to be a little out of his element.

"An 18! You should definitely hit, sir."


Male Hobgoblin Conscript 3 31/31 HP AC 20 (tch 15; ff 17); CMD 17; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +4; Darkvision; Perception +8; Sense Motive +2; Init +4 Imp.Snapshot, Intercepting Shot +6

Jahg lets out a snort of amusement and chews his cigar a bit.

"Mr.Melkurio, you should stick to the slots."


After losing a few hands Rune decides to join Jahg at the blackjack table.

"Lemme get two." Rune tells the waitress when she comes by, handing the other drink to Jahg "Deal me in.

gamble: 1d20 ⇒ 19

So, Jahg is it? how does a respectful hobgoblin such as yourself, find his way to doing work as a hired gun? Run lets out a short sigh, a small plume of smoke leaving his nostrils.


Chester takes it slow all night, drinking and lazily pulling the arm on the slot machine any time an attendant comes by to check on him.

Rune floats around several tables, and finds no love at any of them; by the time he joins Jahg at the blackjack table, he's just about cleaned out. His keen instincts allow him to win at blackjack...for a time. But ultimately he performs about as well as Jahg, losing as much as he wins; overall the best either can do is break even.

The final tally: Rune loses 19 of his 20 gp stipend gambling. Chesters spends 3 gp on slots; a pretty good deal for all the drinking he does. Jahg breaks even on blackjack, and Rekt loses a modest sum of 5 gp on roulette. I'm assuming you were all betting responsibly; if any of you were feeling like high rollers let me know and I'll multiply those numbers appropriately.

As the night wanes on, you realize it's gotten quite late; if you leave now you can get back to your suite in time to crash for 8 hours before you need to head out.


Male Human Commander 3|| HP: 21/21 (5 Temp: 26/21), AC: 20 (FF: 16 T: 15) || Init: +4, Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +4 || Per: +6

Gambling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Alexander parks himself at the high-roller table. Sure he lost money here last time, but he's really feeling the heat from the cards now.

And despite all common sense, he might be right.

He'll go for the high-rolling table. Sorry bout the late post.


Male Ratfolk slime savant 3 | HP: 17(+6) | BAB: +1 CMB: +0 CMD: 13 FCMD: 10 | AC: 20 T:15 FF: 15| INIT: 7 | FORT: +2 REF: +7 WILL: +4| Perception: 6 |
Effected By:
Vitalizing Vodka (+6) | Revitalizing Rum (+1 saves)

Wobbles back to his companions at the end of the night. Half a bubbly drink in his hand.

"hey guysh, how waas, uhuh... goesh the gamblung?"


Not Piloting | HP 20/20 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 20 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | While Piloting | +HP 44/44 | AC: 24, T: 18, FF: 21 | Fort: -, Ref: +5, Will: +4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +5, CMD: 15, | Init: +4 | Perception: +9 | Hardness 10 Power Points: 7/7 | Free Gadgets: 4/4 | Charges: 7/7 | Cannon Ammo: 70 | Pistol Ammo: 40

Rekt grinned in amusement as he failed to roll well. It didn't matter - 5gp was only 1/4 of a shell. If he really wanted to make money be'd go count cards. No one expected a Goblinoid to be able to pull that one off, hah! For now, though, he span again. The clicky noise was soothing.

Wisdom: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


After a rousing conversation, a good time, some lost hands, and some won, Rune looks over the money he set aside for the gambling and leaves the last piece on the table for the dealer "Thanks for a great time." he finishes the glass he was sipping on and pats Jahg on the shoulder "what do you say we round everyone up and head back? It might look bad on us if we are late to the job."


Male Hobgoblin Conscript 3 31/31 HP AC 20 (tch 15; ff 17); CMD 17; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +4; Darkvision; Perception +8; Sense Motive +2; Init +4 Imp.Snapshot, Intercepting Shot +6

Jahg inhales deep of his cigar and exhales the thick acrid smoke through his nose.
"Probably right, I've had my fill of keeping these fops on their toes." Jahg folds his last hand revealing his three alongside his ten before getting up.

1 to 50 of 160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironsight Deployment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.