SFS Quests: Into the Unknown (Inactive)

Game Master Revvy Bitterleaf

Maps and hand-outs


151 to 185 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

As you discuss what just happened amongst yourselves Hk pilots the ship upwards through the planets atmosphere as you are about to return back home.

A warning klaxon blares, and the ship lurches. The asteroid field around the world of Ulmarid is more agitated than on the descent down to the surface. Although it’s not clear what has caused the anomalous activity, what’s certain is that you must reach safer altitude before a more serious collision occurs.

The Odyssey’s pilot must succeed at a Piloting check to navigate back through the asteroid field around Ulmarid, but due to the agitation, this is more difficult then flying down was. As before, the captain can attempt a DC 10 Piloting check or a DC 17 Diplomacy or Intimidate check to add a +2 bonus to the pilot’s check Additionally, science officers can each attempt a DC 15 Computers (or Mystiscm since COM) check to add an additional +2 bonus to the pilot’s check

Scarab Sages

Posting the next part already, otherwise we'll just he waiting for the result of that one piloting check

As you emerge from the asteroid field Maybe or maybe not undamaged after dodging left and right and having some smaller pieces bounce away from your shields...some possibly hitting to close and too hard for comfort you see;

A large vessel of rusted metal slips from behind an enormous asteroid, its weapons already firing. The front of the ship resembles a stylized skull with crossed bones beneath—a clear indication of space pirates!

DC 12 Culture check:
You recognizes that Besmara is the goddess of piracy, space monsters, and strife.
You recognize that Besmaran space pirates are a growing threat throughout galactic shipping lanes, and that such pirates throw themselves into combat with a boisterous zeal—it is rare to talk one’s way out of combat with an approaching Besmaran pirate ship.

A message is broad casted which sounds an awfully lot like:
*hiccup* ..prrrreparrrre to be boarded. Give us all your booze and *hiccup* well...well, not let you go but *burp* well do other stuff to you!
The speaker sounds clearly drunk and you are certain that you can hear glass hitting other glass as if bottles of booze hitting each other in a form of toast in the background

Scarab Sages

You have uncovered a few clues that will help you in the upcoming battle:

-You quickly evade and can reposition the Odyssey up to 4 hexes in any direction, with any facing you choose.
(No explanation I could find on why you get this bonus...so let's chalk it up to still being pumped from your previous space combat and having some experience shooting things in space)

-You already have some information about it;
Medium transport
Speed 6; Maneuverability average (turn 2); Drift 1
AC 13; TL 13
HP 70; DT —; CT 14
Shields basic 30 (forward 15, port 5, starboard 5, aft 5)
Attack (Forward) coilgun (4d4), heavy torpedo launcher (5d8)
Attack (Aft) gyrolaser (1d8)
Attack (Turret) coilgun (4d4)

------------------------------------------

Hazard: This combat occurs around clusters of asteroids. These asteroids are sufficiently slow-moving that, for the duration of the starship combat, they are effectively stationary on the map.
Clusters of asteroids block a starship’s line of fire, so the ships can maneuver around the asteroids for cover from enemy fire.
A starship that crosses into a hex containing an asteroid takes 4d6 damage to a random facing (maximum once per turn), but can continue moving as normal.

STARFINDER SOCIETY DRAKE TIER 2
Medium transport
Speed 8; Maneuverability average (turn 2); Drift 1
AC 12; TL 12
HP 70; DT —; CT 14
Shields light 40 (forward 10, port 10, starboard 10, aft 10)
Attack (Forward) gyrolaser (1d8)
Attack (Turret) coilgun (4d4), high explosive missile launcher
(4d8)
Power Core Arcus Heavy (130 PCU); Drift Engine Signal Basic;
Systems budget medium-range sensors, crew quarters (good), mk 1 trinode computer, mk 2 armor, mk 2 defenses;
Expansion Bays cargo hold, escape pods Modifiers +1 to any three checks per round;
Complement 4–7

Enemy initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Starting distance: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1, 4) + 5 = 16

You guys are the red arrow thing, enemy ship is the blue arrow

Scarab Sages

Summary (since I posted a bunch of stuff):
-Make a piloting check with assists to leave the asteroid field
-Roll a culture check for a bit of extra information as you recognize your enemy
-Position yourselves up to 4 hexes in any direction, with any facing you choose
-Roll initiative for round 1
-Start of round 1 of space combat (with the enemies initiative of 29 I think you guys will move first)

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Realizing that her crew are very capable, and don't really need her encouragement... Sonomi took the end of the last combat off and focused on a little R&R&P - Rest, Revelation & Photosynthesis.

Now with this new danger she is prepared to participate... even if it seems fairly useless.

Assist Initial Pilot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

These Asteroids look more agitated - fly steady Hellih

Encourage Gunner: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Let's dispatch these pirates quickly, Kaixik, I have quite the headache from our last time warp.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"I believe these drunks are Besmaran space pirates. They rarely let you talk your way out of a fight, not that we'd want to right now."

Knowing they have the confidence of their captain, Kaixik settles into another space combat.

"Coil gun ready to fire. Let's give these raiders a taste of the Starfinder Society when we can defend ourselves!"

Coil gun: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 4) = 13

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +1 | Perception +4

Hellih is shocked by the recollections of the fight. Or maybe they were not recollections in the first place. He attempts to fly through the ateroid field

Piloting, computer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12

As they encounter the new enemy HK attempts to predict what the pirates are up to, but it is them that came prepared.
Init, computer: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19

Hellih speeds up and flies behind a small asteroid to protect one of his sides before he learns the enemy a bit more.

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"I agree Kaixik...this is likely a Besmaran ship. Pirates. Though these sound pretty drunk...Though I know a skittermander pirate...and yeah, he is usually drunk. Fun at parties though....weird that he carries like 20 weapons on him...all those arms, you know."

Using his ability to do some pregog, Bribruon attempts to help out Hellih.
Mysticism to Magic Officer Pregog (DC 13): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Nope....I don't give anything this round

With all the wibbly wobbly timey wimey going on...Bribruon can't determine exactly which dimension he is looking at. He sees fights from all over the dimensions...ones with odd black ships...a fight with a base releasing drones...a weirdly golden ship with a blockade of freighters, and even one where an enemy ship with a weird beak like prow is ramming the ship Bribruon is in.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Flying through of the asteroid storm banged up your shields a bit more then you first thought
Facing: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) = 9

As you fly towards the enemy ship you can hear laughter coming in over the comms as well as the sounds of empty glass bottles hitting the floor.

"Quick! Release the....missile! *burp* ..fire all weapons!"

I made one mistake; the Society gave you a Tier 4 Drake - not the tier 2. I think it makes more sense for you guys to fire the heavy forward laser in this case..so I'll adjust the damage

Odyssey (Drake Tier 4 stats):

STARFINDER SOCIETY DRAKE TIER 4
Medium transport
Speed 8; Maneuverability average (turn 2); Drift 1
AC 14; TL 14 (+1 from rank in piloting so 15/15)
HP 85; DT —; CT 17
Shields light 70 (forward 20, port 15, starboard 15, aft 20)
Attack (Forward) heavy laser cannon (4d8), coilgun (4d4)
Attack (Aft) coilgun (4d4)
Attack (Turret) coilgun (4d4), high explosive missile launcher
(4d8)
Power Core Pulse Green (150 PCU); Drift Engine Signal Basic;
Systems budget medium-range sensors, crew quarters (good), mk 1 trinode computer, mk 4 armor, mk 4 defenses;
Expansion Bays cargo hold, escape pods
Modifiers +1 to any three checks per round;
Complement 4–7

Heavy laser damage: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 7) = 12 - well since it's less then the coil gun you get to keep that damage

The enemy flies closer to engage you head on

To hit missile: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 4 = 17
Your warning claxon sounds as the enemy gets a target lock on you
The missile flies straight towards you, but using a bit of scanned information you gathered while scanning earlier you manage to scramble the missiles target lock and it shoots of into space
You got a "boon" in one of the earlier quest parts which makes the first missile hit miss

Coilgun to hit: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 4 = 24
Coilgun to hit: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21
Being drunk effects their performance -4 to all checks (4 person adjustment) and...use the worst result when firing coil guns; you guys have some valuable insight on when to dodge as you discovered the crashed ship and know how _not_ to dodge

It seems their Goddess luck is with them, even drunk as they are they manage to get a lucky hit in
Even if HK manages to evade which I think he forgot to try it would still hit

Damage coil guns: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 3) = 11
The hit completely blast away the shields you had left after flying into a rather large chunk of asteroid when you flew up from the planet

Init enemy next round: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 4 = 12

Damage:
Odyssey: Front shields: 20 damage (out of 20)
Lawbright: Front shields 13 damage (out of 15)

"*Burp* We've got you right where we want!"

The enemy ship stays right in front of you as you notice their weapons powering up again

init
You guys
Enemy actions other then movement

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Sonomi looks visibly shaken as the ship is tossed to and fro.

Uh - maybe Hellih should engineer us some more shields? Or anyone really! You can do it guys! Fix the shields!

Encourage Engineer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

I usually like balancing the shields, its a little easier and we just spread the points around - but whoever has engineering can actually make that call

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

Kaixik flips over to access the heavy missile launcher in the turret.

"We'll see who has who where, pirates."

Heavy Missile Launcher: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (4, 8, 4, 3) = 19

"Drat."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +1 | Perception +4

Hellih feels the powerful hour at the front shield. The enemies sounded like being drunk but he knows better add the spot was very precise. He clevis with fear the depleted front shields add he throws

"Take the stairs Bribruon!" just as he rushes to repair the shields

Engineer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Bribruon gulps...."If you really think so...."

With that he switches to piloting and attempts to keep the ship flying....hopefully not into an asteroid or the sun.

Piloting init (taking one +1 node): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17

Piloting evade (DC 16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Goal is to not be in their front arc....It looks like I got init...so will wait for their move.

Scarab Sages

After a helpful suggestion HK leaves the pilot seat to Bribruon and barely manages to restore some shields
Downside of flying in a higher tier ship..DC's to do stuff are higher

Kaixik flips over to access the heavy missile launcher in the turret and watches the missile go far, far away in a direction not close to the Lawbright before you loose the connection to it's remote targeting system.

Bribruon flies through space dodging this way and that
We are actually a bit shifted in initiative in that you roll initiative for next round, not the current round. You guys have already won this round and the enemy has moved (well..not moved, that are quite happy with the current situation of having you in their front arc)

I'll hold off on most enemy actions to see where you guys end up
Engineering to restore shields: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 4 = 19

init
You guys move
Resolve rest of enemy actions current round (just gunnery at this point)
Roll init vs you guys 17 to see who moves first next round

Damage:
Odyssey: Front shields: 12 damage (out of 20)
Lawbright: Front shields 5 damage (out of 15)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

Seeming to not take his recent misfire to heart, Kaixik launches another strike.

"Firing missile two of five.

Missile 2: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9 Maybe another +2 if encouraged
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 7, 8) = 25

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Sonomi is a bit worried about their predicament....

Let's try and disable them faster than they disable us. Shoot them Kaixik!

encourage Kaixik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Scarab Sages

After you move next to one of the sides of Lawbright and miss getting a target lock with your missile they return fire with their turret

Gunnery: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 4 = 5
Gunnery: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 4 = 20

and it seems their turret gunner is so drunk he's seeing double and aims for the wrong target.

Init vs your DC 17: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 4 = 17 - Tie, so lowest ranks in piloting moves first - which is you guys

init
You guys move
Enemy moves
Other actions - Kaixik + Sonomi already acted this round, still up Bribruon + Botted HK


Damage:
Odyssey: Front shields: 12 damage (out of 20)
Lawbright: Front shields 5 damage (out of 15)

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

"HK, just stay at engineering...I will do my best to just keep up away from the front arc...."

Initiative Piloting (with +1 from computer): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24

Piloting Evade (with +1 from computer) DC 16: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Bribruon apparently zens out and does his absolute best trying to force the enemy ship into a disadvantage....though in doing so, he doesn't do very well on making the ship maneuver around opposing fire....

Scarab Sages

NPC HK engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Hk manages to restore some more power to the shields.

Sonomi tries to encourage Kaixik but there seems to be some difficulty during the communication and ends up not getting a target lock.

Bribruons tries to fly evasively but fails

Enemy init vs 24: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 4 = 15

The enemy ship does a slow turn trying to get you in their front arc to unleash their most power full weapons at you

init
You guys + move
Enemy

Damage:
Odyssey: Front shields: 4 damage (out of 20)
Lawbright: Front shields 5 damage (out of 15)

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Doing his best not to fly through the asteroid concentration Bribruon goes around it.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

"Firing missile 3 of 5. This time for sure..."

missile: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 8, 1, 5) = 21

"Better."

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

We can do it guys! Fly steady, aim true, fix the shields!

Encourage Pilot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Scarab Sages

I just realized I think I might have moved the wrong ship last round. But it seems you also moved the other ship so it more or less evens out

Clusters of asteroids block a starship’s line of fire, so you can't fire a missile from your current location so save the missile this round(we'll keep the attack roll and damage for next round) - feel free to take one of the new COM actions ...I think you can prime one of your weapons to deal +1 damage next round for example.

Engineering HK to repair shields: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Engineering enemy to repair shields: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 4 = 18
Enemy init next round since they also can't fire this round: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 4 = 13

Damage:
Odyssey: None
Lawbright: None

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

With the current position not allowing a shot, Kaixik tries to work their magic on the weapons.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

I don't have the COM in front of me, but boosting weapon damage seems ideal.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Trying to ve actually encouraging, Sonomi cheers the pilot on.

F-L-Y, soar through the sky, F-L-Y, disable them first or we die! Sonomi sings and claps and hopes it helps

Encourage Pilot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Not sure whatag round we are in... This might apply later

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Bribruon does his best flying....

Initiative Piloting (with +1 from computer, +2 from encouragement): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 12

Piloting Evade (with +1 from computer) DC 16: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18

Well....get +2 to AC and TL....at least

Scarab Sages

Sonomi Ikuyo wrote:
Not sure whatag round we are in... This might apply later

I've got to be honest...I lost track of it myself a bit. But

let's just add your bonus this round so you beat initiative; I'll move then you guys move and then Kaiaxk shoots a missile with boosted damage while Bribruon evades

Since shields are full again I suggest you'll let HK fire another gun and double up on damage potential

---------------

Then I'll take remaining enemy actions for this round and then we reset initiative so we start the next round fresh and all actions line up again

The enemy Now red tipped pursues your "tactically re-positioning" ship Now the blue arrow around the asteroid

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Done....if I was red arrow ;-)

Bribruon gets right on their tail...hoping that Kaixik and HK can do something with their positioning....

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

We have them right where we want them! Fire the missiles!

Encourage HK: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Scarab Sages

Flying right up behind the Lawbright Kaixik fires a primed missile right up their tail pipe causing sparks to light up this part of space as their shields are blown right away and parts of metal are knocked loose from their hull, directly followed by a heavy laser hit. The massive combined impact messes up lots of important bits on the enemy ships

To hit forward laser HK bot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Heavy laser damage: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 4) = 15
glitches: 3d100 ⇒ (58, 5, 13) = 76 1d4 ⇒ 3

They return fire with their turret
To hit turret: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 4 = 6
To hit turret: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 4 = 6
and drunk as they are can't draw a bead on your ship to return fire
But they still have one ace up their sleeve...
Aft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
...but that weapon is harmlessly deflected by your forward shields and deals no damage

Damage Lawbright Shields: Aft 5 (out of 5) Hull: 32
Glitches; Weapons (aft), Life support, Sensors

Enemy init: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 4 = 13

init
You guys for the next round If you roll less then 16 on init you guys move first, you are once again the red arrow/enemy is blue.

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Bribruon just keeps attempting to be as zen as possible...keeping the ship moving the best it can.

Initiative Piloting (with +1 from computer) : 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

His mind slightly flashes to another combat....one in another dimension. Not seeing how the enemy moves, Bribruon makes a mistake...he puts the ship into reverse....

Piloting (with +1 from computer) to Back off (Dc16): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18

The ship's internal 'back up' light starts to flash, and that annoying 'beep beep beep' of a moving vehicle moving backwards is heard.

Backing up 3 spots

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

"Nice shot HK. Unfortunately, we are beginning to run low on missile ammunition. Firing missile 4 of 5."

Missile: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 8) = 19

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Acting Captain Sonomi tries not to let anyone see her sweat. This battle is a little too close for comfort.

Hold it together - we can win against these pirates. HK! Fire away!

Encourage HK: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Scarab Sages

As you hear something over the open comms that some drunk forgot to close you think it sounds something like "..nah, we don't want to fire that gun..we wanna fire the big ones! Turn us around"

And they make a rather wide turn to avoid flying straight into one of the asteroids

Engineering to fix life support: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 4 = 5
Captain to encourage the engineer to work faster: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13

'Damm you Captain..I'm fire this gun now..I'll fire the big guns once we get them in sight again *burp*"
Turret gunner to hit your front: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 4 = 23
Turret gunner to hit your front: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 = 18
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 4) = 12

Bot HK to fire big gun again: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 7, 7, 7) = 29

And as your shields take a pounding for the turret fire from the Lawbright your second to last missile slams into their side knocking away their shields and creates a small hole in their hull which HK manages to make a _LOT_ bigger as the forward heavy laser punches straight through and leave a hole on the other side of the Lawbright as well.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

With the Lawblight defeated, you are free to return to Absalom Station with the information retrieved from the wreckage of the Unbounded Wayfarer.

Venture-Captain Arvin greets you with a warm smile as they disembark. “You can undergo the tedium of a complete debrief later. First, I’ve
arranged for you all to enjoy a few days’ downtime in Kemanis, at the high-end clubs, theaters, and VR parlors. You’ve earned it. But,”
he warns, with a sly twinkle in his eye, “after that, it’ll be time to put you back to work.”

And with that this concludes this series of Quest ...that suddenly went a whole lot faster in the end then I was expecting

151 to 185 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SFS Quests: Into the Unknown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.