SFS Quests: Into the Unknown (Inactive)

Game Master Revvy Bitterleaf

Maps and hand-outs


1 to 50 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

You received a hasty summons to the Lorespire complex on Absolom station from Venture-Captain Arvin. As you get nearer to your destination - a meeting room somewhere in the back of the complex - you notice more and more of your fellow Starfinders joining you.

As you arrive you find the door to the meeting room closed, so you wait outside until you are summoned inside for the briefing on your next assignment and get to know your - what you can only assume will be your - party members for the mission a bit.

Welcome, feel free to introduce yourselves in character

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

A small, 3 foot tall plant woman walks into the hallway outside the meeting room. She has dark green skin, made of fibrous vines covered in a moss like outer layer. Her face appears to be layers of petals, in different shades of blue, indigo and violet- like a large chrysanthemum. They flutter and move with her facial expressions.

Upon discovering that the room is locked she checks her personal comms one more time.

"Well this is the right place... I guess I'll wait for Venture-Captain Arvin here," she thought.

She inspects her surroundings. Basic office space - standard issue flooring, mass produced "artwork" and harsh overly bright lighting.

"I'm so hungry" , sighing she bemoans the lack of windows and natural sunlight. She spies a potted plant at the end of the hallway. She inspects the soil finding it dry, and the plant drooping slightly . Sighing again, she empties the contents of her water rations into the pot. Then she stands next to the plant waiting for Venture-Captain Arvin to open the door.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

A little bit taller, and significantly thicker, than the ghoran, a Medium-sized gastropod approaches. The creatures's body somewhat resembles a large slug's, and it measures several inches less than four feet "tall" with its "tail" just as long. The upright half of the creature, as well as the top and sides of its tail, is encased entirely in heavy armor, with its face completely covered except for a small slit allowing its eyes to see out. For those that have seen or heard of one before, this is an embri.

The creature has four limbs ending in claws near the base and midsection of the upright portion of its body; the lower two assist the creature's movement, as it half-walks, half-glides down the hallway. Despite its higher limbs being identical to its lower limbs, it appears to be using them more as arms and hands than legs and feet. An azimuth laser pistol is holstered at its side.

It reaches out with a claw-limb to try the door, only to find it locked. After waiting half a moment, it turns to look down the hall.

Seeing the ghoran watering the plants at the end of the hall, the embri glide-walks over.

"Hello. I am Kaixik. I am here to ansswer the Venture-Captain Arvin'ss ssummonss and follow hiss commandss." it says in a breathy, alien voice from behind its enclosed helmet. Kaixik's 's'es sound a little bit like the sound wind makes when it blows through a canyon or mountain pass. "Do you know where the Venture Captain can be found? And if you are alsso here for hiss ssummonss, by what name may I know you?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

Soon after, down the corridor walks the average-sized android. However, his 6.5 ft height makes him a giant in this company, his body is a mix between biological tissues and a electronic parts. His face is mostly consisting of tissues but instead of hair, he has a crest of consisting of a monolithic metal that shines with red and green color.

He is thin to the point that if he were a human you could say that he is either sick or have un-healthy lifestyle. He smokes a cigaret, which looks a bit off as he is not breathing.

He is dressed in black trousers and a leather jacket under which he wears an armor that contains patches, fixes, and corrections.

On his back, he wears something that used to be a laser rifle, but it was severely modified, it has thicker holding grip and it's barrel contains few thicker elements with some holes in them.

Android has an artificial left hand, that is not covered by any tissue so you can see his 4 metallic fingers. That hand is not really matching his right one, a difference in finger count being only the most obvious difference.

"Is one of you Captain Arvin? My name is Hellih, I a weapons-crafter this beauty is my latest creation." points to the rifle on his back. His voice is a bit metallic.

Scarab Sages

As if summoned by Hellih pronouncing his name the door to the meeting room opens and a male damaya lashunta looks out into the hallway at you before looking down at a datapad in his hands.

"It seems we are almost complete. We are a little bit pressed for time so I'll start with the introduction and the last member to join your party can enter the room at their convenience."

He then glances down the corridor
"I think I can hear him approach already, so he should be here shortly"

Venture-Captain Arvin opens the door further and steps back inside as he motions for you to join him inside.

Scarab Sages

The tall and confident lashunta man gestures to several functional chairs, inviting you to sit.

“Thank you for arriving so quickly. As I mentioned in my comm message, we have an urgent opportunity to recover some critical information."

“Several months ago, a crew of Starfinders took a ship called the Unbounded Wayfarer into the Vast to explore a series of uncharted planets. They never returned. Earlier today, a vesk pawnbroker in the Downlow neighborhood contacted us, offering to sell us several Starfinder insignias. These insignias belonged to the lost crew of the Unbounded Wayfarer, and that immediately caught the Society’s attention. The pawnbroker—named Julzakama—doesn’t realize the true value of the insignias. We negotiated a purchase price in exchange for the insignias and information about the seller. We hope this seller can lead us to the Unbounded Wayfarer and its crew.
“We’ve remotely transferred the requested credits to Julzakama. Now, we need you to collect the insignias and all the information you can from the vesk regarding whoever sold him the insignias, and then track down that seller. Learn where to find the Unbounded Wayfarer and its crew. I’m worried that the seller might not be on the station for long, so act quickly. If you have any questions, please make them fast.”

Scarab Sages

You can ask questions now, but since there might be something your character could know him/her/itself I'll post a spoiler block with some info, if you make the DC feel free to look at it (and share what you know with the rest of the party)

DC 12 Culture check on Julzakama:
You recall that Julzakama is a domineering brute and that only the truly desperate deal with him. Further, he responds better to bluster than to honeyed words
You gain a +2 insight bonus to Intimidate checks against Julzakama for the remainder of the adventure

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

Hellih turns towards the real Captain Arvin and pulls out his cigarette from his mouth. At first he wants to throw it into the plant pot, but seeing Sonomi face, he decides to crush it in his metallic arm, extending the other one towards Ghoran:

"Hellih, what is your name?"

After the introduction, he walks into the room sitting a bit to the side.

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

He waits a moment and says:

"Julkazuma! He says that he is an uncle but he is a tealeaf nothing more." Seeing that some words could have been misunderstood

"He is a droog. Exploits other folks, a low-life responding to fist and treats rather than words."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

A...gnome??? wanders in a bit late. It looks like a gnome, maybe a feychild. And from what most people know they are usually very colorful. This one is no exception. A shock of blue hair, a set of glasses that makes him look like some kind of multi-eye creature. His clothes are best described as...eclectic. The formal coat (done in a shocking green and lavender color) seems almost normal, compared to it's kilt....plaid, but in shocking colors of yellow, orange and brown. A set of heavy looking boots--some would almost say stomping boots--rounds off the whole thing. As he walks in, he slowly puts away a foil wrapped--something???--of treats he was eating, and quickly cleans his fingers on a towel hanging from his belt.

Looking around...seeming to just accidentally wandered in he says "Oh, excuse me. My timing must be off...or maybe theirs is, this reality is so strange?...sorry for being late. I am here to help the Society....or was the the Consortium?.......on a mission. Apparently I might be of use."

With that he looks around...maybe seeing you all...maybe seeing through you all.

Just FYI...if the bolded text (me talking) is in smaller text, that is almost a mumble...you probably could hear it if you were right next to him...or really perceptive...but he talks to himself...or maybe other versions of himself. Also, as some gnomes are he is quite used to talking...and talking...a lot. And if left on his own, his rambles can take tangents and secants. It doesn't help that Bribruon he sees multiple dimensions and realities all at the same time.

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Julkazuma you say....yes, yes...that Julkazuma, does he have the hand?...no...not yet..maybe soon?......yes he is a thug, a brute, but he also knows things, as only the desperate would normally deal with him, but the desperate knows things...that they do. He also is not one that seems best to strong arm or intimate....talking nicely doesn't seem to do well...though I hear he likes to drink...maybe I should offer hims some of my bonito snacks...or maybe a orange and pomegranate tea...which version of him liked that kind of stuff...this reality???...no I don't think so. Maybe something a bit crasser."

The Exchange

The Ghoran moves from the wall and into the room after the Android and the Embri. Upon entering the room she notices a wall of windows. She hurries over and takes the functional chair closest to them. She looks noticeably greener beneath her green tunic, brown pants and boots. She takes a drink from her water flask, only to realize its empty. Signing again she turns to the people in the room.

"I'm Sonomi Ikuyo, its nice to meet all of you. I will help in any way that I can, Venture-Captain Arvin."

When the Gnome enters the room she gives him a once over; admiring the colors of his hair and clothing.

"This Julzakama guy sounds like bad news. So we need to go retrieve the insignia's and find out where he got them from and report back to you Venture-Captain Arvin. Sounds like time is of the essence so unless you can think of something else we need I think we should be on our way."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

The embri walk-glides into the room following Venture-Captain Arvin. They remain silent during the brief, and do not turn to acknowledge the gnome until Arvin finishes speaking.

At the briefing's conclusion, Kaixik states in a serious, almost monotone voice (notably missing their previous windy-lisp), "As you command, Venture-Captain. Julzakama will transfer the insignias into our possession, by choice or by force. He will also reveal the insignias' sellers to us. We will track down the seller and learn where to find the Unbound Wayfarer and its crew. We will transmit this information to you and await your orders."

The embri pauses before continuing, "I have one question, Venture-Captain. Where can we find Julzakama?"

After hearing Arvin's responses to any questions, before departing Kaixik bows the upper, armor-covered half of his gastropod body to the Venture-Captain. "By your will, and by the First Seeker's, we act." They then depart with the group.

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

"Introductions..yes, introductions, which version am I??....oh yes..I am Bribruon Malidingeafront, but a lot of people just call me Brian for some reason....or 'hey you crazy person'.....I go by that too, though I don't know why...I am not crazy...this dimension is."

"My dear sprout, time is always and never of the essence, it just IS. It always moves, and either in this dimension or another we will either be early, late or just on time. Maybe we will be so fortunate that it will move in the proper way, and this Julzakama will hand us the badges...since they were already purchased. Though knowing how the fickleness of fate happens, he will likely have already sold them to another...or some other nefarious undertaking."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

Android looks at eager Embri with interest, he never saw one. In Spike you don't see Embris unless they are ambassadors on a safari.

He heard of those, surrounded by Starfinder Agents like they were unable to defend themselves.

He pulls out the next cigarette and leaves it in his mouth not lighten, letting the others know that he is ready to depart.

Scarab Sages

Venture-Captain Arvin nods in time with Sonomi summary of the tasks as hand.
'Time is indeed of the essence"

At Kaixik's question about where Julzakama he takes out his datapad and a 2 seconds later all your personal comm units *ping* with the sound of a message received. As you pull up the message you see it's an address programmed into your local map with route description. Glancing at the destination you see it's somewhere in Downlow for a pawnshop called Julzakama’s Loans. Roughly an hour traveling distance from your current location.

DC 5 Culture check for a bit more information about Downlow:
Downlow is a poor and densely populated section of the Spike that extends below Absalom Station.

As you get ready to leave Venture-Captain Arvin mentions:
"Be careful out there. I don’t know Julzakama, but I get the impression that I wouldn’t like him much if I did.”

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It takes you roughly one hour following the clear instructions through other regions near the Spike; Botscrap, home to private junkyards filled with complex robotics, suspiciously functional and restricted military “trash,” and gangs of goblin squatters before moving on through Conduit, commonly called Pipetown, which is a dense, seemingly endless forest of pipes that sometimes create a three-dimensional labyrinth with settlements in their clearings to reach the pawnshop called Julzakama’s Loans in Downlow.

Although some areas of Downlow are clean and trendy, this narrow alley of concrete and metal buildings drips with oil and sparking wires. A wide, red neon electric sign reads “Julzakama’s Loans” on a building sandwiched between a Kuthite sensation house and a derelict building covered with graffiti. The shop’s solid metal door contains a single, small window too grimy to peer through.

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Sonomi pauses for a moment at the door and looks at her fellow star-finders.

"Interesting group to be sure. But if Venture-Captain Arvin trusts them I guess I can too... I mean, I've worked with worse," She thinks to herself.

"Shall we?" she says, pausing only briefly before opening the door and stepping inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Sonomi takes a look around, looking for anything suspicious, and trying specifically to find someone who works in the establishment.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Upon arriving at Julzakama's Loans, Kaixik turns their helmeted head back and forth. At Sonomi's "Shall we?" they nod almost inperceptibly before walk-gliding after Sonomi.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Bribruon sorta follows the group, though often times he looks over at a random empty corridor and smiles, seeing something that others can not see. While going down the elevators to the lower levels, Bribruon faces the back wall, and apparently is watching some kind of ??holovid?? that only he can see....though you swear you can hear him mention Zo!, and soemthing about lava and disco?

Raching Julzakama's Loans, Bribruon shrugs. "I...uhh...might not be the best one to converse with Julzakama...maybe a scary person should talk to him?......though I could scare him with that dimension....but is it worth his sanity?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

@GM I will build a bit on top of your awesome description

Revvy wrote:


...other regions near the Spike; Botscrap, home to private junkyards filled with complex robotics, suspiciously functional and restricted military “trash,” and gangs of goblin squatters...

The Android follows you through the Spike, he smokes his cigarette that he holds in his left made of steel arm. you can clearly see that it is shaking.

"Yeah it happens from time to time. The croaker doing the installation of this implant screwed something up. I have a hard time using my left hand. This is Botscrap, I worked here for years for Salvage Union. They are the Ysoki run organization that recover parts of any value and sell them mostly to gangs. " Hellih is looking more nervously around, he looks inside alleys and observes aliens standing next to there route.

In the nearby junkyards, you can spots big robots moving and sorting trash as well as lot of aliens looking through things, chatting or simply observing. There is a certain fear in people working here, always keeping an eye on their surroundings, making sure to not be mugged. If aliens are armed here the weapons are very simple.

Once you can spot a pack of goblins taking some squat.

"Let's turn here, the road takes longer, but I saw that group of children already. I prefer to keep to wider routes. "

After 30 minutes of walking, you can see how Hellih reminds you of aliens being here, the same hunched posture, the same nervousness in eyes and in movements. He might be not living there but the experience left its mark on him.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4
Revvy wrote:


...before moving on through Conduit, commonly called Pipetown, which is a dense, seemingly endless forest of pipes that sometimes create a three-dimensional labyrinth with settlements in their clearings...

When you enter the pipetown Hellih seems to be a bit calmer.

"This is Pipetown, truly enigmatic place to leave in. I tried to advance from being a junker and become a guide through pipetown but
I was not let in, by the local gangs. Can you see those aliens standing there?"

He points at a group of aliens having ropes, climbing gear and flashlights.

[b]"These are the guides, they can help you pass through pipetown more efficiently than the main routes or in a less visible manner. They also are looking for leaks or monsters feeding on pipes, water or electricity. The pests here could eventually destroy this whole place. The biggest gangs of the Spike pay them to locate pests and issues which are then fixed. It is not a that bad job, a bit dangerous but you are less likely to get stabbed. "[b]

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

When you enter Downlow, the android lights another cigarette

"This is where I live, in a couple of missions I will be able to buy some small room with a workshop in the Sparks. In Botscrap we called the Sparks: 'the Eye of the Spike'. Sparks even get some visits from the Stewards. Downlow is not that bad either. I was able to work here with a very good Mechanic whom I sold some parts that I found in a junkyard."

He looks around a bit less often and continuous

"We got a gig from one of the gangs to build a set of explosives. Someone made an attack on our workshop killing Durg. A crate with parts that we bought from Salvage Union was filled with a simple bomb that was supposed to destroy the whole workshop. Fortunately, it exploded outside. Durg died and I lost my left arm there, my employer got mental. Salvage Union was attacked, as well as the ones responsible for the bomb attack. The fighting went for weeks from Botscrap, through Downlow. They got me this prosthetic arm and organized a medic to do the transplant. They wanted me to finish the job that they paid for. As I said the arm is not reliable, but I was able to finish the order."

Scarab Sages

While listening to Hellish running commentary on your way there you sort of settle on a course of action - even it only comes down to; do not let the little gnome try to intimidate the shopkeeper - and you boldly open the door and walk into the pawnshop

The interior of Julzakama’s Loans is crammed with shelves containing all manner of near-valueless items, from small appliances to VR game consoles and jars of colored powders.

Both Sonomi Kaixik don't spot anything that peaks their interest but can't fail to notice the smell

The shop has the acrid smell of a reptile house that has not been cleaned in months.

A massive vesk in a muscle shirt stands at the rear of the shop, behind a low desk and a series of heavy metal bars anchored into the ceiling.

The vesk is carelessly disassembling an old computer, but he looks up from his work when you enter the shop.

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Taking in stride that she might be the best negotiator in the party - especially when she prefers to hang back and aid from afar, Sonomi approaches the vesk.

"Vesk are okay - they're meat eaters. Nothing to fear here." She reminds herself as she slides up to the counter. She takes one more look around her party, sighs inwardly and walks up to Julzakama.

"The name's Sonomi, I hear your have some property that belongs to the Starfinder society. I'm here to collect it for Venture Captain Arvin. My receipt proves the goods have been paid for and that I am authorized to receive them,": Sonomi says in a pleasant but authoritative tone. Best to get right to business.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

Kaixik glide-walks forward behind Sonomi.

"Yes, Venture-Captain Arvin commanded us to retrieve the purchased property. Everything should be in order."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

The Vesk looks up from his work as Sonomi addresses him

"What do we have here? A plantling and a little gnomeling along with a droidling and a ...something else. Come to my store looking for something? I'll make you good deal."

As he hears Sonomi mention the Starfinder insignias, Julzakama gives a wide smile. He slides a metal box through a gap in the bars, thanking you for their business. The box contains seven insignias bearing the compass-like logo of the Starfinder Society.

The vesk scratches the scaly skin between his bony beardspikes with a clawed hand and says, “Seems I’m now fully paid for those trinkets there. I remember Arvin said something about wanting information, too, and I can do that. But information costs extra.”

He starts to rub 2 fingers together but then considers the nice friendly way Sonomi addressed him
You made a high enough diplomacy check to get him from indifferent to friendly

Julzakama seems to relent, holding his hands up in the air. “All right, all right; the seller was named Exegara, and she wasn’t from around here. Wore a flight suit, like she had come off a long trip. Once she had her money, she asked about where to purchase clean skeletons. I don’t carry goods like that, so I sent her to the Vat Garden.”

"The seller was some sort of undead. She was definitely an Eoxian. She looked like a man-ling, but didn’t breathe or blink or anything, and she mentioned something about hiring some local muscle “just in case.”

DC 12 Culture check to recall information about the Vat Garden:
You recall that the Vat Garden is a ysoki-operated garden about 10 minutes travel from here in Downlow.

Same culture check as above and the result was 17 or higher:
You are also aware that the ysoki surreptitiously accept corpses to help grow their plants.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

Hellih being not someone hired due to being scary keeps on the back. He stands near the entrance of the pawn shop to make sure that no Brunos come in, to interrupt the deal.

He holds his custom made rifle in his hands. His left prosthetic arm twitch from time to time as Hellih scans the corners for hidden enemies or automatic defenses.

He calms down a bit hearing that Sonomi was able to convince Julzakama to give them the information.

He walks towards the bars and puts his rifle on his back he grabs the box looking at the Vesk briefly.

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Vet Garden is run by Ysokis. It is not far from here. We should expect trouble from that Exegara and her hired guns."

He says moving back towards the doors and stuffs the box into his bag, allowing Kaixik and Sonomi to talk with the Vesk some more if they wish to.

When walking towards Vet Garden

Hellih walks towards the gnome saying:
"It's Bribruon right? I heard you speaking of Zo! Are you watching some videos through your glasses? I saw this kind of device a few times. But your glasses looks normal. " Asks Hellih.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Sorry for not posting much so far this week...holidays and all that.

Bribuon comes in the shop, looking 'curiously' around, mostly seeing random junk...and assorted...sundries. They don't seem to catch much of Bribruons attention...until the box with the insignia's is handed over.

Bribruon smiles dreamily at the box as the Vesk continues to be oddly helpful..."this Julkakama...he is more helpful in this dimension than others. Must be that cola he is drinking..Hmm..yes..yes of course..the vat garden....that must be where this leads...or is it a rabbit hole....though the path seems undecided on which...now where in this dimension is it located."

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

While walking toward the vat garden"

"Oh...Zo! He is a funny gent isn't he. No...no these are not vid glasses...sometimes I catch a snippet from a different dimension. Sometimes it is from the past, sometimes from the future, and sometimes it might even be this reality, but in a different location. The realities in this dimension sometimes gets too close to each other, and I can 'ALMOST' see them in this reality. Maybe eventually I can even harness other realities to my will...if I can somehow retain my sanity....it is a tough process....my powers seem to almost be alive sometimes."

Okay, I have had 'stoner characters' at the table before...and I want to say that it is fun to have them at the table. But I think Bribruon is going to be a 100% PbP character (along with Kitkul, my 'sterile gender' formian) as the mental ability to come up with how they think would be hard IRL....fun though.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

While walking to the Vat Garden

"Even though I have only been on Absalom Station a short time, I've heard of these Vat Gardens. They're run by ysoki. The ysoki also sometimes surreptitiously accept corpses to help grow their plants... which would make sense if somebody was looking for clean skeletons."

Kaixik has one claw that rests on his azimuth laser pistol as they reach the Vat Garden.

Scarab Sages

As you reach the Vat Gardens;

The station passageways open into an enormous sunken pool filled with a riotous growth of plants. A narrow walkway leading to other parts of Downlow encircles the overgrown vat, and a spire of some kind of machinery stands in its center. For such a busy section of Downlow, the area is surprisingly quiet. Two ladders and a steep staircase pierce the foliage and lead down into the vat.

Game crunch:
The floor of the Vat Garden is 15 feet lower than the walkway surrounding it, and the foliage is so thick that creatures in the vat have total concealment (50% miss chance) from creatures up on the walkway. Within the vat, the orderly rows of plants provide concealment (20% miss chance) to opponents more than 10 feet away; enemies closer than this do not benefit from concealment.
The two ladders and steep staircase leading down into the vat are easy to navigate, but the PCs can also climb down the plants themselves with a successful DC 15 Athletics check.

There is a lanky figure dressed in a flight suit and wrapped in a concealing cloak sifting through the plants’ roots, adding skulls to a small pile she has already assembled. In the foliage are 2 human males wielding assault hammers and carrying laser pistols at their belts, they are clearly patrolling the area and guarding the cloaked figure.

As they notice the doors to the garden open they go into high alert.

Initiative Kaixik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Initiative Sonomi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative Bribruon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Initiative HK: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Initiative Cloaked figure: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Initiative Mercs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

init
Kaixik, Sonomi, HK
Enemies
Bribruon+rest of party again

Map is on slide 10

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Sonomi is grateful for the UV rays permeating the area, photosynthesizing like the trees in the garden. She makes a quick assessment of which plants are growing and what they are useful for. She envies their constant source of nutrients and light, but feels bad that they lack mobility.

She readies her needler pistol with an booster biohack.

"If things get rough I've got your back. If I shoot you, just go with it - you'll feel yourself get a little tougher. Once you're boosted I'll climb down and see if I can poke them and make them easier to hit," Sonomi whispers.

Sonomi moves, if necessary, to be in range of Kaixik (30ft range)- then she shoots him with a booster biohack that gives him a +1 bonus to AC for 4 rounds (no need to roll to hit if she's in range).

If she didn't spend her movement she moves closer to the ladder/stairs but stays to the back of her party, making herself as small a target as possible.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

Kaixik lets out a slight gasp (or something like it) as Sonomi fires a needle into their soft gastropod posterior. AC increased by 1

"Ahhh. I feel... tougher," they say as their slug-like body (perhaps surprisingly) navigates the ladder as nimbly as a legged humanoid.

As they reach the bottom of the Vat Garden, they concentrate on the matter around them in the plants, the wall, the air. Multiple systems interacting, pushing against one another.

Gain one Entropy Point with Kaixik's first action as combat has started

Kaixik focuses on this energy as they move forward, not attempting to conceal their advance. With one claw-hand they draw their azimuth laser pistol, while the other remains empty. They head straight for the cloaked figure in the middle and say nothing as they stand next to the figure and raise their weapon.

Double move adjacent to the cloaked figure, draw pistol en route.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4
Bribruon wrote:
Oh...Zo! He is a funny gent isn't he...

"Oh, yeah! Have you seen the last Pact Warriors episode? Where Starfinders were fighting against some mercs? I was laughing to tears when that Vesk got KO'ed 3rd time."

After he stops laughing
"Multiple dimensions? Is it similar to many-worlds interpretation fo quantum theory? It can't be as according to it you can't interact between the worlds? So maybe it is similar to Drift?" asks interested android

In the vet garden

Hellih looks at the Kaixik moving next to the presumable undead Eoxian, the android change few hidden switches on which the barrel begins to shine with a soft red light. The wholes in the barrel make the design of crossing pipes, an image that you saw walking through the pipetown. The gun hums with energy as Hellih lifts it and takes aim at the clocked figure. Suddenly his left arm begins to tremble as he hears a voice:

"There is no honor in this fight! You murderer and grease monkey!"

Attack vs EAC, possessed hand: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 = 10
Damage, superior fire power: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Concelment, miss on 1: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Hellih looks around trying to see who was the person speaking? He then ignores the voice as no one seems to notice.

I will go down, but I don't want to be swarmed with those two hammer folks.

Scarab Sages

Sonomi injects Kaixik with something that makes his senses just a little bit more attuned to sights of danger, his reflexes just a tad faster and his skin just a tiny bit denser.

Kaixik lets out a slight gasp (or something like it) as Sonomi fires a needle into their soft gastropod posterior and concentrate on the matter around them in the plants, the wall, the air gaining power from them before moving down and heads straight for the cloaked figure in the middle and say nothing as they stand next to the figure and raise their weapon.

Hellih looks at the Kaixik moving next to the presumable undead Eoxian, the android change few hidden switches on which the barrel begins to shine with a soft red light. The wholes in the barrel make the design of crossing pipes, an image that you saw walking through the pipetown. The gun hums with energy as Hellih lifts it and takes aim at the clocked figure. Suddenly his left arm begins to tremble and much to his targets surprise manages to hit what turns out to be a her in her right arm
Since she hasn't acted yet you are targeting flatfooted EAC and manage to hit
She hisses very loudly and pulls back her cloak revealing a face that has too large jaws for her face. Her skin is ashen grey and her tongue is 3 or 4 times longer then most humanoid species

DC 11 Mysticism to identify:
This is a ghoul. A medium undead with a bite that can paralyze. Maybe more info depending on check result

wounded and threatened by a gun in her face she lashes out at Kaixik as she shouts
"Corvell, Gurge fet them! Do not allow them to stop me! Protect me as I'm paying you for!"
Before trying to bite Kaixik herself
To hit KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
sinking her teeth in the side of his neck but scraping across the armor covering the flesh underneath

Closing in melee and only seeing only one target near their charge the merc's move towards the scuffle raising hammers as they go before trying to slam them into their target
to hit KAC Kaixik: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
to hit KAC Kaixik: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18 (flanking) I think it missed due to the injection if not paralyzed

One of them getting a very lucky hit in and the other one delivering a glancing blow that bounces on the armor protecting Kaixik even though the merc is capable of capitalizing on the distraction that the other merc caused with the hit
B Damage Kaixik: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17

init:
Bribruon+rest of party again
Enemies

Damage:
Cloaked figure: 9
Kaixik: 17 - pending fort save for paralyze and B damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Maybe the other hit as well, but that depends on the fort save. and to be honest I don't know enough about Vanguards to know if some reaction triggers. I think you gain another entropy point when you get crit hit?

Scarab Sages

Sorry too late to edit now, please ignore the references to being paralyzed and the extra damage. I started the post when I thought the cloaked figures bite attack had hit Kaixik and then I edited part of that out to correct it..,but I missed a few references to it, most notably at the end where I summarize the damage

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Sonomi is very concerned about her Embri friend and the large hammers slamming into his bulbous body. Not to mention the big teeth the undead woman has. She decides to stand clear of those teeth, a shiver running through her vines.

Sonomi carefully climbs down the ladder and moves wide away from the men with the hammers. She takes a post between two trees and readies her next needle. This time aiming at the enemy in front of her. (Blue Hammer)

Needler Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

If it hits, the enemy suffers damage AND takes a -1 penalty to hit for 6 rounds.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

Kaixik's body emits a sickening splooch as a large hammer slams into their center of mass. Though the hit should have left them reeling, Kaixik, if anything, appears to be standing even taller than before. In a strange way, the embri's defiance of the odds is actually inspiring.

Several things happen before Kaixik's turn begins.

First, because Kaixik has taken hit point damage, they elect to use their "laugh at danger" feat (from the COM): as a reaction, all allies within 30 feet gain a +2 morale bonus to AC until the end of Kaixik's next turn.

Second, Kaixik gains an entropy point because they took damage from a single attack equal to or greater than twice their character level (2 damage)

Third, Kaixik gains another entropy point (bringing them to three total) because they took damage from a critical hit.

Despite having just suffered a crushing blow from one of the hammers, Kaixik focuses manipulating the universe's entropic energies to their advantage.

Move action used to spend an entropy point to boost the damage of the next entropic strike Kaixik makes before the start of their next turn, dropping Kaixik to 2 EP.

Kaixik looks through their visor at the presumably undead creature that nearly bit them moments ago, focuses the universe's energy in one of their clawed appendages, and reaches out.

An entropic strike counts as a magical one handed advanced melee weapon with the operative special property that targets EAC. The attack can be made with nearly any body part. The attack deals either bludgeoning or acid damage and has a base damage (at level 1) of 1d3+con modifier. Boosting the attack with one EP adds 1d4 damage.

Entropic Strike: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Vs EAC so... maybe?
ES Acid damage: 1d3 + 4 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (1) = 8

Following the attack, Kaixik half-whispers over comms. "Team, your quick assistance now would be most timely."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

Hellih looks at the sluggy ally taking a massive hit, causing his body to undulate. He takes aim at the closest enemy and takes a shot.

Shooting at blue, possessed hand: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 1 = 20
Damage, laser: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Concelment, 1 is miss: 1d2 ⇒ 2

And again Hellih hears the voice:
"That is the best you can do? Shoot them from distance? What a joke!"

Hellih looks to the side, but he can't see the source of the voice that he is hearing. He turns his attention back to the fight.

He is afraid that it might be not enough, he begins to run forwards and jumps off the platform aiming at the enemy.

Acrobatics, falling, DC15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Falling damage to Hellih: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Damage to blue hammer, reflex save DC15 to half: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) = 12

Hellih flies downwards passing through the leaves thinking that it might not have been the brightest idea on his end.

Action economy:
Standard action: attack the blue
move action: jump down on the blue.
Now this is tricky, I think the rules that apply here are those: Falling objects Hellih is medium so it is 3d6. The fall is less than 30 ft so it is half of that. And I think that the enemy can do a reflex save DC 15 to get half of that. I rolled 12 dmg so it is 6 damage or 3 if his reflex save goes well.
Hellih falling down is 1d6 dmg per 10ft. 15ft means 2d6. GM feel free to adjust. I put Hellih avatar 1 square above the blue, as I can't stand on him.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Leaving Julzakama's, Bribruon keeps up with the party..though often lagging behind.

When Hellih mentions string theory, Bribruon's face lights up. "EXCACTLY like quantum theory. It is how the physicists relate what I can do...I think they like to call it string theory. I can literally pull on the the quantum strings and pull a tiny piece of another reality into this one. It doesn't last long...just a few moments. But it can help sometimes in a pinch."

This is probably the most focused people have seen Bribruon since meeting him...talking about physics and string theory seems to focus him pretty well.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

As they walk into the garden...and spot the hooded figure and it's goons, Bribruons face grimaces in disgust. "In this reality she is a ghoul. Undead...and can cause paralysis through her bite."

He moves forward, to the ladder, and focuses on the reality around his hands...pulling ectoplasm from the ethereal realm.

Tossing one at the ghoul and the other at blue.

Range is 25'. I am 20' away horizontally, and 15' vertically....should get me exactly 25' if using Pythagoream theorem, and blue is much closer (has to be within 30' of each other)
Ectoplasmic Barrage (against KAC) Ghoul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
miss chance (low misses): 1d100 ⇒ 73
Damage (Bludgeoning): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Ectoplasmic Barrage (against KAC) Minion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
miss chance (low misses): 1d100 ⇒ 97
Damage (Bludgeoning): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

At hearing the crushing sound as the hammer impacts Kaixik everyone decides to become a little more careful (+2 morale bonus to AC)

Sonomi carefully climbs down the ladder and moves wide away from the men with the hammers. She takes a post between two trees and readies her next needle. This time aiming at the enemy in front of her.

As she ends up right behind one of the merc he swings his hammer at her
To hit KAC provoke from moving out of a square next to an enemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
B damage Sonomi if hit: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

She then reaches a save distance and puts a needle into the merc's arm drawing some blood as the muscle tears and the needle coating starts to numb the surrounding muscle tissue further slowing it down

Powered up by forces not many people can manipulate Kaixik strikes back with a concentrate pulse of pure entropic energy dropping the cloak wearing figure to the ground - out for the fight.

HK shoots from up top and manages to hit one of the mercs unhindered through the foliage before jumping down over the railing on top of the merc's back

Lots of rules I needed to look up, so I might have missed something. I think HK self takes less damage. It's not 20 ft, so you only take 1d6. You seem to need a ranged to hit roll to actually hit the guys you are trying to land on it's not auto damage
to hit to keep things moving: 1d20 ⇒ 7..I'll give you a bonus to target his flatfooted ac since it sounds like a cool action which should be rewarded and he might not see you on time due to the cover..so you'll hit
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 vs 1/2 damage of 12 -? 6 if she makes the save 3..but even 3 is enough to drop her unconscious

HK lands not feet first as he probably intended but flatout on top of the merc who manages to almost get out of the way but ends up doing a face plant into the ground and stops moving as HK stirs on top of her.
I think you're prone btw since you took falling damage. I'm also not entirely sure if a PC counts for an object but hey...it's a cool action let's go with it ;)

Now things get..interesting. Since both of Bribruon's targets are down already I shift the attack to the one remaining enemy. I can't figure out of if it's always 2 missiles and you can choose 1 or 2 targets..or if you get to pick 1 or 2 targets and shoot a missile per target, but since the second attack misses anyway I don't think it will matter in this case

After warning his party about what the ghoul could have done. Bribruon moves forward, to the ladder, and focuses on the reality around his hands...pulling ectoplasm from the ethereal realm and tossing some at the last standing enemy hitting her in the face.

Finding herself without employment and surrounded without back-up the last standing merc does a retreat out of the vat garden just barely making it up the stairs as she blinks to get ectogoo out of her eyes
You can pursue if you want to, otherwise combat is over if you let her go

init
You guys
fleeing merc


Damage:
Cloaked figure: 17 - out
Blue: 13 - out and -1 to hit for 5 more rounds
Red: 3
HK: 2
Kaixik: 17
Sonomi: 8 - I think it hit

Wayfinders

Ghoran Biohacker 1; SP 6/6; HP 12/12; Fort +2 Ref +3 Wil +3; Init +2; Per +7; Ammo (needles) 6/6

Sonomi metaphorically kicks herself for getting too close to the hammers. She should have known it could reach her at the bottom of the ladder. She just hopes they will find a few moments between now and the next part of their mission so she can ice her throbbing shoulder.

She sees no need to chase down the fleeing merc - she is after all just a gun for hire. She walks over to the blue figure first and performs a quick medical check, stabilizing him, but certainly not bringing him to consciousness - instructing her teammates to tie them up.

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

I'm not sure how much longer we are going to be working in initiative - so I can really only accomplish the above actions with my 2 actions - Move/Skill. But plan on making it to the undead next round or when we are no longer working in initiative. This would be one of those times when I'm not really sure how PbP works. I'm going to put the second medicine check in a spoiler in case we move out of initiative...

Sonomi moves over to the undead woman and is careful to avoid her large teeth and tongue. She performs a medicine check to stabilize her and ties her up for interrogation.

Spoiler:
Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Asexual Embri Vanguard 1; SP 11/11, HP 13/13, RP 5/5, EP 0/4, EAC/KAC 15/17, Fort +6, Ref +4, Wil +0, Per +6, Init +2; Ammo
Spoiler:
20/20, Spare Battery 20/20

"No reason to follow that one," Kaixik states as the merc flees.

"One of them got me pretty good there. Sonomi, are those two alive? Or... still not fully dead?"

Meanwhile, Kaixik will check through the undead's pockets (presumably she has pockets somewhere on her outfit), looking for hints as to where the Unbound Wayfarer might be, like a datapad or something.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

Hellih blinks twice, after falling on the ground. After the beeping in his ears fades, he stands up looking around. As he spots the fleeing mercenary he takes aim with his modified rifle.

Seeing that no one else is shooting him he lowers his gun, thinking:
"In spike, you don't stop shooting simply because the enemy is fleeing, but maybe Starfinders are a different breed altogether. "

He turns around holding his weapon ready and asks:

"Kaixik, you alright? The hit with that hammer looked really powerful."

Wayfinders

Male CG Feychild Gnome Witchwarper 1 | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 ,Lowlight vision | Speed 30ft | Spells: Mystic: 1st:3/3 Gnome: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, | Active conditions: None.

Bribruon scampers down the ladder.

"Wow...that...Well...Kaixik, wow, you were amazing fighting like that.

With that Bribruon goes over to where the undead seemed to be most interested in...seeing what she was working on.

Scarab Sages

After deciding to let the fleeing merc go you hear a rattling noise that sounds like metal banging on metal as you notice that she dropped her hammer while trying to escape by climbing up the ladder which is currently tumbling down. For some to you unknown reason she also kept a credit stick taped to the side of the handle. Maybe for good luck, maybe she just liked to have her money where she could see it. It does contain 250 credits, the spoils of war are yours now.

Sonomi tries to stabilize the wounded merc but her attempt doesn't seem to do much to stop the pool of blood forming under neat the merc.

The undead doesn't seem like it would benefit from first aid

If you want you can stabilize the merc with your second attempt. I think it's up to the GM if enemies make it out alive in most cases depending on PC actions. Undead are destroyed as a rule though.

As Kaixik goes through the undeads many pockets (or possibly he keeps going back and forth between the same 2 pockets) he does uncover a locked datapad. And a holstered azumith laser pistol

The other merc has an azumith laser pistol besides her assault hammer and a cred stick with 250 credits.

As you are busy some Ysoki return to the garden
"Thank goodness, you took care of those horrible people. They drove us out and scared us into not coming back while they did some work here"

"Allow us to thank you with these for driving them away"
They dig out 6 plant bulbs from the garden (which clearly uses dead body as nutrients for the plants) and explain that besides requiring an ...acquired taste they are good for your body when you feel sick
They function as dose of tier-1 antitoxin when chewed

DC 15 computers check to crack the datapad:
You find a few files - her personal dairy most likely - which contains the following information;
Her name was Exegara. she was only recently recruited into the Corpse Fleet and knows little of their activities. She traveled aboard a vessel called the Endless Threnody that picked up the distress call of a Starfinder vessel. The Corpse Fleet ship traveled to the Starfinder vessel’s crash site on a desert planet and acquired several treasures, including the Starfinder insignias. Before the Endless Threnody could get into the Drift, it was surprised and crippled by a pirate ship identified as the Lawblight. The Endless Threnody now floats in the Drift, unable to leave, and Exegara was dispatched to acquire repair materials. Exegara’s datapad shows the Endless Threnody’s current location. Although Exegara does not know the coordinates of the crashed Starfinder vessel (or even the name of the world it was on), she knows those
coordinates are in the files of the Endless Threnody’s navigational
computer.

Scarab Sages

Sonomi Ikuyo wrote:


I'm not sure how much longer we are going to be working in initiative - so I can really only accomplish the above actions with my 2 actions - Move/Skill. But plan on making it to the undead next round or when we are no longer working in initiative. This would be one of those times when I'm not really sure how PbP works. I'm going to put the second medicine check in a spoiler in case we move out of initiative...

Just to answer this; you responded very nicely. Nobody knew how long you'd be in initiative yet since it's up to the party to pursue or not, so posting actions for 1 round and then stating what you'd like to do after that in case combat would be over was perfect

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Street Rat Mechanic/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Fort +4/Ref +6/Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +4

Hellih walks next to Kaixik and asks for the locked device. He hangs his rifle back on his back and pulls out his custom rig interface from his arm attaching it to the datapad

Computer, DC15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

After a moment he says:

"The undead 'lady's' name is Exegara. She was part of the corpse fleet ship Endless Threnody. Endless Threnody got distress signal from Starfinder ship, they found it crashed on some desert planet, where they collected the insignias and few other things. The Endless Threnody then got into a fight with a pirate ship called Lawblight, now they are drifting in space. This datapad holds the location of the Endless Threnody. Apparently Exegara was sent to collect parts to repair the ship, she seems to think that Absalom Station would be a good place, huh. There are no coordinates for where the Starfinder ship was found, but Exegara wrote that the coordinates should be on the Endless Threnody computers."

He reads it again, as the wires joining the datapad to his arm begins to shine with blue light:

"I downloaded what I could from the datapad, and send it to you. Feel free to read it at your own paste."

Go ahead and open the spoiler

Scarab Sages

You call in the information you uncovered to Venture-Captain Arvin

Arvin is pleased with you for following up on this lead so quickly. He asks you to follow this mystery further by finding the Endless Threnody. He also encourages you to keep the Starfinder insignias for now, and explains their basic function—you might need the insignias in the future.

Although it appears to be an ordinary medal showing the symbol of the Starfinder Society, this insignia can store as much information as a common tier-1 datapad. Unless told about this secret, a non-Starfinder must succeed at a DC 20 Perception or Sense Motive check to realize the insignia is a storage device

Venture-Captain Arvin then directs you towards a dockin bay where a starship will be available for you.

As you make your way there Arvin himself is waiting for you there.

Venture-Captain Arvin stands next to the entry ramp of a sleek-looking starship. He waves his hands over the side of the starship affectionately. “This is the Loreseeker, a Pegasus-class ship that’s one of the fastest and lightest in the Society’s fleet.
“We know that a lost Starfinder vessel, the Unbounded Wayfarer, was discovered by undead creatures from a starship called the Endless Threnody. We’ve pulled some strings with our more reputable Eoxian contacts to get more information, but “Adrift” takes place in the Drift, a separate plane of existence from the Material Plane. New to the grand cosmology of the universe, the Drift is only accessible using technology—specifically, by employing Drift engines. The Drift is an endless expanse of color without substance, where the laws of physics remain mutable. Luckily, most starships remain relatively unaffected by the Drift, thus allowing interstellar travel to thrive in a galaxy that only recently discovered it.

"They’ve disavowed knowledge of the Endless Threnody entirely; this likely confirms our suspicions that the Endless Threnody is connected with the Corpse Fleet, a group of Eoxian separatists who refuse to work alongside the living.
“We have the location of the Endless Threnody in the Drift,courtesy of that ghoul you tracked down. Its Drift engine is incapacitated, so it’s unable to escape the Drift. Take the Loreseeker into the Drift, cripple the Eoxian ship—as a Corpse Fleet vessel, they won’t be open to negotiations—and recover the location of the lost Starfinder vessel.”

Inserting GM overrule to explain why we skip to the next quest
As you enter the ship and depart you travel through the drift for multiple days getting to know each other and the ship you are in better before you start exit the Drift at the coordinates you entered into the navigation console you encounter a sudden vortex of swirling multi hues colors surrounding your entire ship which you pass through on your way our of the drift and then ....

something happened ....maybe?

... you blink your eyes and look at the chronometer and it seems you lost almost an entire hour you can't account for.

Scarab Sages

The communications station crackles to life.

The Endless Threnody drifts just outside the forward viewport.
The enormous Corpse Fleet starship bristles with bone spurs, and a baleful red lens at its fore resembles a swollen and bloody eye. Crackles of dark energy leap across the bone spurs, discharging from the ruined ship’s necromantic power source.

With a burst of static and a flash, a blue-hued hologram of Venture-Captain Arvin appears at the Loreseeker’s communications station. “Excellent work. The Endless Threnody is incapacitated, but not pulverized. I need you to board that vessel, access the main computers at the bridge, and recover the coordinates of the missing Starfinder vessel’s crash site. “That energy signature looks dangerous, and those discharges can damage your hull. Dock at the cargo bay at the rear of the ship and make your way forward to the bridge. Wear space suits if your armor can’t protect you from vacuum—there are a few suits in a storage locker aboard your ship. Eoxian ships do not have life support and are often exposed to space.

For simplicity sake let's go with; he can't answer questions about what happened in the previous hour - if you need an in game reason...you are listening to a recording and your comm array is messed up from what ever just occured and you can't communicate back

DC 14 Engineering or Mysticism check to recall further information about Eoxian vessels.:

You recall that such vessels are often powered by magic as well as technology.

Same check as above but your result was a 18 or higher:
You also recall that many Eoxian ships rely on necromantic energies that radiate a minor aura of cold damage in addition to powering the ship.

Different DC 10 Mysticism check; What is that necromantic energy?:
You don’t think it’s an intended weapon or defense system, but some leakage from the ship’s engines. Nevertheless, it’s dangerous to living creatures. If you can shut it down from inside the ship, that might be wise.

Scarab Sages

Maneuvering the Loreseeker to align with the Endless Threnody’s rear cargo bay is tricky due to all the energy spiking out of the damaged vessel not to mention the huge spikes sticking out of it's hull.

Piloting check to dock

1 to 50 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SFS Quests: Into the Unknown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.