Death-Lok's Hoard of the Dragon Queen PbP

Game Master Death-Lok


51 to 100 of 120 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

Torn between protecting the children and helping the man under the two kobolds, the bard made a rush decision.

He turned to the kids, "You stay here!"

The bard then went to the feasting kobolds and thrust his rapier through the head of one of them. He kicked the dead kobold off his blade and yelled at the other one, "Leave now or die!"

-------------
rapier to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
rapier damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

I'll try to write my actions and intended results based on the rolls and my assumptions but, of course, please correct me when I'm wrong. There could always be unforeseen circumstances that would prevent my intended actions.


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

Sorry for delay, had some net issues. I am also a little confused, are the 4 that were chasing the family the same or different from the ones engaged with us in combat?


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

Kwin stays close to the children as Quarion rushes forward. He starts to level his bow at the kobolds eating the man. However, when Kuruk prepares to charge forward, he changes aim to the kobold next to the big man.

Shortbow to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 piercing


Kwin's arrow pierces the kobold, killing it, giving Kuruk the opportunity to move forward and expertly cut thhe first kobold in half and then bash the second one's head in with the shaft. Quarion moves up and pierces another, leaving one kobold. One kobold left.

Ziyad, there were 2 kobolds eating the man and 4 kobolds chasing the woman and her 2 daughters, so 6 in total. Only one left. Your action to finish the round.


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

Ziyad waits for the last kobold to turn into a sprint, using its own momentum to pierce itself on his concealed dagger that flashes forward...

Dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Piercing: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7

Sorry for delay


Ziyad plunges his dagger into the kobold's chest and it dies on his blade, with a a gurgle, as it collapses on the floor.

Anyone going to save the man/husband bleeding out on the floor? Either a use of a healer's kit without a roll or a DC 10 Wisdom (Medicine) check.


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

The bard sheathed his rapier and went o the downed man, "Kuruk, Kwin, keep a lookout for second; let me see if there's anything we can do for this man."

The elf ripped cloth from torn clothing and made a quick bandage; he made a crutch from a discarded weapon, "Here, that's the best I can do but I'm sure they can help you in the Keep. can you walk?"

----------

wisdom medicine: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12


Quarion skillfully saves the man's life but he is unconscious. The man's wife and daughters congratulate the party. Gus, the innkeeper, comes over to the man. "I've got him, you all just keep us safe to the Keep."

As Gus hoists the man on his shoulder, you all hear the most horrifying scream pierce the night sky! Roar The woman and her daughters scream in terror as they look up to the night sky! You look up to see a blue dragon overhead dip down as it breathes lightning down on the town near the entrance of the town, frying guards and civilians alike! The dragon skillfully flies back up in the air, as it takes a wide turn over the town. Pic of dragon

'Hurry, hurry!" The fear is quite apparent in the villagers' voices.


Human Barbarian HP 14/14 | AC 14 | Str +5, Dex +2, Con +4, Will +1 |Passive Perception 13; initiative +2

Kuruk's blood freezes when he hears the dragon roar. He looks up to see the dragon and mumbles to himself, "Not again..." He shakes his head, trying to clear his thoughts. "Let's move, we have to get to safety before that beast breathes again."


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

The bard grabbed the children and pressed everyone against one of the walls in the alley trying to remain unseen.

His voice quivered even as he tried to calm the children down, "It's... it's... OK. Just stay with us and you'll all be safe in the Keep.

He knelt to the children's level and pulled out two copper-colored chips from his pocket. They were really poker chips with the a dragon etched on them; the bard made thme glow slightly, "Here take these and hold them close to you. They are dragon warding stones. The dragon won't see you as long as you have them."

He then got up and addressed the barbarian, "Ready big guy. Lead on!"

--------
nice props GM, thanks


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

Kwin makes a strangled noise when the roar washes over them. He nocks another arrow, even though he knows it would be futile if the behemoth turned its attention to them.

He focuses instead on what he can control. When Kuruk takes the lead, Kwin follows last, using his keen sight to watch for other kobolds coming out of the night.


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

Ziyad, watching the body of the great worm churn through air like a vessel on calm water, felt the electricity crackle through every vestigial response of his alien Mulani genetics...he stood, mouth agape and paralyzed. There would he remain, if not for Clax, his fiendish crab companion, crawling out the neck of his vest and giving a dactyl pinch to the cheek...finally drawing the Red Wizard out of his reverie when a thin line of blood was drawn. *KOOM* Another blast, and he managed to cover the blinding light of the electrical flash with his blood covered dagger at the last second, his eyes letting a single tear in the shadow.

Strangely, Ziyad felt the power of the dragon resonate with his own magics, as if the presence of the thing somehow amplified his connection to the mystic net of the Weave. It took all his innate discipline plus the combined years of his training to not unleash his full wrath right there on the spot in some kind of power mad experiment.

Another urgent bite from Clax, his legs were moving again.


Thanks, Quarion - like to add effects and pics to help set the mood. Great rp Ziyad.

Before...
The two small girls stop crying when Quarion comforts them and they take the two coins and close their eyes, praying for safety. Their mother mouths a "thank you" to the elf.

1d4 ⇒ 2

Present

The party leads the innkeeper who is carrying the wounded husband, his wife, 2 daughters, and 2 bar maids through the streets of Greenest. As you move ahead, a group of four humans dressed in blue robes staring at the sky and the dragon, wielding rods that crackle with electricity. After seeing the blue dragon, the appearance of the cultists suddenly makes sense.

The 4 cultists repeatedly chant, "Hail, Stormbolt! Hail Tiamat!" As they see the line of villagers walking behind the party, the cultists hold their rods out menacingly and address the party, "Stop and turn your prisoners over for our judgment or suffer he consequences!"

The villagers shake their heads in terror for the party to not hand them over.


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

Quarion shook his head and gestured with his hand, moving his index finger side to side, "Nope, these aren't prisoners you're looking for. These prisoners are already spoken for."

The bard's voice had taken on a commanding tone as he impersonated what he thought would be the cultists' superior.

He quickly added, "We're taking these to the big guy himself. Special orders. You all need to hurry up and find some other prisoners or you'll be in trouble. You don't want to be the only ones without an offering, do you?"

He recognized their hesitation and pounced, "Go! Now!"

-------------
performance-acting: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
worth a try...


Human Barbarian HP 14/14 | AC 14 | Str +5, Dex +2, Con +4, Will +1 |Passive Perception 13; initiative +2

As soon as Kuruk saw the cultists make demands, his hand went to his weapon but upon hearing the elf start to talk, he stopped to allow the elf to do his thing. Perhaps we didn’t have to kill everyone and everything...bah, he was thinking foolishness. He waited to see what happened, ready to strike if all went to hell.


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

For a moment, just a moment, Kwin questions whether the elf was expecting to take these townsfolk to the dragon. He hesitates a second; not so much to see if the elf's gambit works, but for an instant questioning the Harpers' vetting process.


Quarion, moon elf bard wrote:

Quarion shook his head and gestured with his hand, moving his index finger side to side, "Nope, these aren't prisoners you're looking for. These prisoners are already spoken for."

The bard's voice had taken on a commanding tone as he impersonated what he thought would be the cultists' superior.

He quickly added, "We're taking these to the big guy himself. Special orders. You all need to hurry up and find some other prisoners or you'll be in trouble. You don't want to be the only ones without an offering, do you?"

He recognized their hesitation and pounced, "Go! Now!"

-------------
[dice=performance-acting]1d20+4
worth a try...

It's more of a Deception check, so a Charisma check.

The cultists pause at the bard's eloquent delivery, as if analyzing and digesting his thoughts. He seemed genuine, but neither he nor his companions were dressed in blue robes. Perhaps, they were mercenaries enlisted by their leader... "Y-y-yes sir. We will find other prisoners to judge. May Tiamat watch over you." The cultists lower their rods and hastily walk around the party.

The villagers, who unknowingly were holding their breath, let out sighs of relief and pat Quarion on the shoulder. "Great job, you really are a good storyteller." For a moment, the villagers smile in relief, but the moment passes much too quickly when they realize they're still in danger. "The Keep, we're not far now!"


Human Barbarian HP 14/14 | AC 14 | Str +5, Dex +2, Con +4, Will +1 |Passive Perception 13; initiative +2

Kuruk stood with his mouth agape...that worked?! He looked over at the elf impressed. "Keep those lies coming, Q. Let's move." Kuruk leads the way to the Keep.


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)
Kuruk Swiftstride wrote:
Kuruk stood with his mouth agape...that worked?! He looked over at the elf impressed. "Keep those lies coming, Q. Let's move." Kuruk leads the way to the Keep.

Quarion held his breath as the cultist thought about what to do. He wanted to add things like 'we have infiltrated the town for weeks' or 'these prisoners are not what they seem' but in the end decided that there wasn't enough time. His hand never strayed far from his rapier.

He seemed to deflate with an audible sigh as the cultist left. "Well, not sure if that will work again but I count 'no one getting hurt' as a win."

He nodded to Kuruk, "Let's go!"

----------
GM, not to be argumentative but what is performance skill used for then? Is it just for artistic performances? Did my career as a grifter and con-artist just get nerfed? :) In an argument where I am lying and trying to get an NPC to do something; is that deception or persuasion? Both?


Quarion, re: Performance vs. Deception (per the PHB, pp. 178-179), Performance is about "delighting a crowd" and Deception is about attempting to "hide the truth". So lying is Deception. You can change your skills if you wish.

1d4 ⇒ 1

As you get closer to the Keep, a disturbing scene plays before you: Two women, likely a mother and her teenage daughter, are lying on the ground, while 2 human mercenaries are on their knees about to pull down their pants. Meanwhile, two other human mercenaries behind them gleefully watch, all under the supervision of a cultist with a crackling electric rod.

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Party: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
You know what's about to happen if you don't act.
Party is 25' away from the mercenaries and the cultist.
What do you do?


Human Barbarian HP 14/14 | AC 14 | Str +5, Dex +2, Con +4, Will +1 |Passive Perception 13; initiative +2

Kuruk's outrage is apparent when he sees the scene, "No time for talking this time, elf! These men must pay with blood!" He rushes off with his halberd set to skewer the first mercenary and then spinning his weapon to hit the adjacent one with the blunt end, stopping 10' away from them. "Die cowards, leave the women alone!"

Blade: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Blunt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

ninja'd, changing my actions

Ziyad knelt to pick up one of the dead kobold's slings and a pouch of bullets. He turned the little rock in his hand to gauge the weight...before cautiously stepping behind cover. If the barbarian didn't brain the cultist flat out, he feared retribution from that rod...


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

Quarion looked up to the sky and shook his head towards Lliira, goddess of joy, Was it too much to ask to bring some joy to these people?

His rapier in his hand, he was right next to the barbarian, "Right behind you big guy."

He followed up and finished the mercenary that Kuruk had hit with the blunt end of his big stick. The rapier slashed a neat line of crimson on the mercenary's throat who toppled over with his pants down.

-----------
trying to hit a wounded mercenary; if all are 'healthy' then go for the cultist

rapier to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


The mercenaries are wearing chain shirts and wielding shields and spears. AC 16.

Kuruk's halberd cuts the gleeful mercenary in half and he falls down with a thud. The second mercenary gets his head bashed and bleeding. Before he can react, the elf's rapier pierces his carotid artery and he dies in a bloody mess.

2 mercenaries and the cultist left.


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

"Stay close!" Kwin tells their civilians as Kuruk and Quarion charge forward. He raises his bow and let's an arrow fly at the cultist.

Bow, to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage, 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Kwin's arrow misses the cultist and hits the post to his side.

One mercenary puts his shield up and braves Kuruk's reaction attack, skillfully avoiding it, but his swing is deflected away easily.
Opportunity Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10...miss
Attack on Kuruk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12...miss

Second mercenary attacks Quarion, skillfully thrusting his spear past Quarion's defenses:
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21...hit
Piercing Damage: 4

The cultist moves and attacks Kwin with his electrical rod
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21...hit
Lightning Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Party is up!


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

Instead of drawing another arrow, Kwin draws his dagger and stabs at the cultist. He snarls as he does so, thinking that he is the last line of defense between the cultist and the children.

To hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Human Barbarian HP 14/14 | AC 14 | Str +5, Dex +2, Con +4, Will +1 |Passive Perception 13; initiative +2

Kuruk attacks his mercenary, trying to slice body parts off, but his blows clang off the warrior's shield.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Blunt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8...sad


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

Ziyad steps out of the shadows and raises a hand in the cultists face. An explosion of colors erupts like slow lightning, casting greens reds and blues into the tiny retinas of the would-be rapists...

Color Spray: 6d10 ⇒ (10, 3, 1, 1, 6, 10) = 31 No save, blindness

Weird roll, but trying to get all 3 without party of course


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

Quarion reeled from the attack and clutched his side, his hand came back bloodied.

Taking advantage of the blindness of the cultist leader, he slashed with his rapier and hoped taking him out would be enough to end things.

------------
rapier to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
rapier to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
critical damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Ziyad's spell blinds the 2 mercenaries and the cultist. Quarion takes advantage and moves away from the mercenary who just wounded him and kills the Cultist leader.

Remaining mercenaries are blind until Ziyad acts, so Kwin and Kuruk can strike with advantage. Party is up!


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

Watching the elf down the leader with a skillful thrust "Ahaha! Strike of the Moonblade!"

If any remain after K&K...

Ziyad gripped and twirled the kobold sling with amusement, its simplicity was agonizing...but to kill with such a base weapon carried a sweet taste for the Red Wizard...

Sling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Sling, advantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Human Barbarian HP 14/14 | AC 14 | Str +5, Dex +2, Con +4, Will +1 |Passive Perception 13; initiative +2

Kuruk takes 2 swings at the blind mercenary.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12...miss
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12...miss
Blunt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25...critical
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 7 + 1d4 ⇒ 7 + (1) = 8


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

Kwin smiles at Quarion when the cultist falls to the ground before them.

The halfling takes advantage of the brief respite and sheathes his dagger. Seeing the two mercenaries remaining, he nocks an arrow and looses it at one of them.

To hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
To hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Quarion's bow, Kuruk's halberd's shaft, and Ziyad's sling ends the threat, as the last tow remaining mercenaries are killed. The two young women quickly get off from the ground and hug each other in tears, as they thank you for saving them. Slowly but surely, they join the party's caravan toward the Keep. Kwin down 5 hps, Quarion down 4 hps.


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

Quarion cleaned his blade on the cultist's robes before sheathing it.

With his adrenaline ebbing, he looked at his bloody hand and winced at the pain at his side. The spear had gone right through his leather armor.

He hated wasting resources but he took out the healing potion given to him. He toasted old Gimble and drank it down. The warmth seemed to seep right to the wounded area. The elf wondered if the spear would leave a scar but had no time to check.

Before they left, he said, "Anyone that can fight, please grab a weapon. You don't need to attack but have it for last resort defense." The bard looked at the energized rod the leader was wielding and stuffed it in his pack for later inspection.

He helped the women up and looked towards their guide, "C'mon Kuruk, it can't be too much farther. We have to get these people to the Keep. I fear our abilities to protect them diminish with each new member of our little band."

------

current stats:

HP 10/10
AC 14
Conditions: n/a
2/2 1st level spell slots
2/2 bardic inspiration


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

Any better ranged weapons I could grab, light crossbow perhaps? Or gold/anything to loot quickly? ...I love treasure.


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

Before advancing with the others, Kwin will be sure to grab the cultist' rod if Ziyad does not.


Ok, back from vacation.

With the refugees in tow (total up to 9), the party continues it journey, finally seeing the Keep within reach. You hear a dragon roar as you hear the crackling of lightning in the distance, as the beast rains more terror down on the village. You make a run for the Keep, where wounded guards are holding back the random kobold who gets too close. Seeing your party, the guards escort you inside, shutting the Keep's outer gates. One of the guards stay behind while another rapidly greets you all, "Glad to see some warriors on our side. Please come with me to see the Castellan and get these people safe." The young guard, of barely twenty summers, leads you through into the inner courtyard. Some clerics tend to the villagers and the wounded, bringing them water and supplies, as they cry out thanks to you all. The guard escorts the party to present them before a shield dwarf with knotted, tangled, bright red hair barking orders at the men where to defend the Keep strategically. The young guard speaks in a clear tone, "Sgt. Escobert, these strangers brought nine villagers to safety and have survived the mayhem in the town. Perhaps, you could use their services." The dwarf looks up, "Nine you say? Thank ye, Private Markguth. You have done well." The young guard nods his head and leaves the party with the dwarf. The dwarf looks at the party, "I ain't got time to gives you a speech. Strangers, Greenest needs yer help now more than ever, in this time of crisis. What say ye?" The dwarf absent mindedly carries an enormous ring of iron and brass keys, which he plays with while he awaits your response.

Pic of Castellan Escobert


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

Any word on the looting from earlier?

"We are but travelers. Me, I was not equipped for this kind of bedlam. If we are to help, perhaps you can spare us some outfitting? Spells, arms, armor..." he pauses a bit, disbelieving "You would truly have us fight a dragon?"


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

Quarion was quick to interject, "No, no. We're not fighting the dragon. The sergeant needs us to do other tasks. Like go check on an important person. Maybe even make sure the people inside the Keep are entertained. That sort of help, right?"

Seeing the wizard ask for supplies, the elf made a mental note of what he was carrying and what he lost, "I was wounded and had to recover with my healing potion. If I am to go out there again then I'll see what supplies you have available."

Hearing the scream of the people and the roar from above, he added, "Yeah, we'll help. What do you need?"


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

He could make life easy or hard for us as we try to accomplish our mission...

Kwin just replies "Yes, sir. How can I help?"


The only viable loot was the cultist's electrical rod which does 1d4 bludgeoning damage + 2 lightning damage and attacks with advantage against enemies wearing metal armor.

It is currently 10:00 pm.

The dwarf laughs at the mage's comment, "Take on the dragon?! Bah! You'd be dead in seconds. No, I need you all to do some grunt work fer me. Our main concern right now is the citizens, the ones who are still lookin' fer safety or are trapped in the streets. The raiders seem to have isolated the keep from the town with encircling groups of guards, but they haven’t organized an attack, which is good fer us but bad for the townsfolk cut off. I have a plan. There's a tunnel from the cellar beneath the keep to the bank of the stream south of town. The tunnel’s main function was as a secret means of collecting water from the stream during a siege, but it can double as a sally port for the villagers to enter the Keep discretely and safely. I can't spare the manpower so can you clear the tunnel and the passage to the stream?" The castellan looks at Quarion, "If yer hurt, maybe the clerics can patch you up. So if yer ready, here are the keys to the tunnel and the grate on the other side. Thanks fer volunteering. Uh, the tunnel's never been used in all these years, so keep yer eyes open." He hands the party two stubby keys.


Human Barbarian HP 14/14 | AC 14 | Str +5, Dex +2, Con +4, Will +1 |Passive Perception 13; initiative +2

”Sounds like a good idea to help the villagers. Have someone show us to the cellar.”


The dwarf laughs, "Good big boy, glad to have ya on our side. Milton, show these men to the cellar." One of the guards leaves his post and nods his head, asking you to follow him. He leads you down some stairs and around some corners before ending at the cellar. He lights some torches and you see crates barring the NE corner of this room. After spending some minutes moving the crates, you reach a dusty door with an ornate lock. You insert one of the keys that the castellan gave you and the lock opens. You open the door revealing a dark musty tunnel with no apparent light sources. The tunnel is 5' wide, so you must go down it single file. Need a marching order and source of light.


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

Quarion smiled a weak smile, "Great. Clearing a dirty old tunnel. Heroes's work. Yay."

He quickly added, "I guess it's better than facing the dragon."

He looked at his companions, "I guess it'll be easier without having to look after civilians."

He straightened out his clothes, "Ok, Kuruk, do you want to take the lead, kind of like we were doing outside. I'll bring up the rear."

"I don't need any lights but can carry a torch if needed. he turned to the wizard, would you be able to help with magical lighting?"

---------
Marching order proposed: Kuruk, Kwin, Ziyad, and Quarion.


red wizard of thay ★ hp 6/6 AC 12 ★ 8.14.10.16.10.16 ★ Stlth, Decep, Arc, Inv, Sleight, disguise, forgery ★ 2/2 ★ Inspiration

Without hesitation, the Mulan waved his hand dismissively "But of course, to walk through shadows counter-serves our purpose would it not?" he asked in his strange accent. He again approached Kuruk, tapping the shaft of his maul and setting the whole of it alight with the glow of a desert noon.

His strange crab companion clung to his shirt collar poking Ziyad in the cheek with its eye-stalks...Ziyad seemed to hear it say something and laugh.

Totes fine with marching order. That baton would be rad for a sneak attacker, but Ziyad has no desire for it.


Halfling Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC:14 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 | Stealth:+5 |

That marching order works for me.

Kwin digs in his pack and pulls out a torch and tinder box. He lights the torch and hands it to Quarion.

Then to Ziyad he says "If you have magical light available, it would be good to have more than one source. Just in case one gets extinguished."


With the order set, Kuruk leads the party down the single-file hallway, halberd in front to protect them from any dangers. After about 10 minutes of walking, you hear squeaking and squirming from up ahead but cannot see anything within the 20' light radius nor the 20' additional dim light radius. The sweat starts to roll down your spine as you wait for the unknown.

Quarion:
Your superior vision allows you to discern a squirming, roiling mass of squeaking rats drawing closer, teeth flashing and claws scratching everything in its path - a swarm 60' away!

Initiative:
Kuruk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Kwin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Quarion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Ziyad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Enemy:1d20 ⇒ 16
Quarion and Kuruk are up first!


Male moon elf bard 1 (Faction Agent - Harpers) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +2 (Passive 12)

"Ah s~##. Rats. There is a squirming, roiling mass of squeaking rats coming towards us."

The bard thought for a moment and handed his torch to Kwin, "Here, let me try something to perhaps disperse them."

The bard then came to the front of the group and drew an arcane sigil in the air. Suddenly, a small wall of fire was seen blocking the rats. He quickly added, "Kwin, move the torch slowly behind the wall if any rats get too close so they can also feel the heat."

-----------
cast minor illusion and pray :)

51 to 100 of 120 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Death-Lok's Hoard of the Dragon Queen PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.