Nasar's Clubbed Narrative

Game Master Nigawabi

Nasar the rouge has always had a wild time holding onto people. When he is cursed with a sentient shadow of an Ooze he slowly begins to turn the only thing by his side. Where will this dynamic duo go next!?!


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,569 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male Human

They make their way to the HQ and Nepal is there tirelessly assembling more to this web. Some serpents have been crossed out marking their extermination. He pins up a few more within the web and notices the team. Sooo how'd it go?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"Thing barely put up a fight and got some intel. One is like a receipt for property in Whitethrone and another is some sort of mail but I can't read the writing. Could you help me read this stuff?" Nasar pulls out the paperwork and holds it out to him to take a look.


Male Human

Nasar hands over the papers and Nepal inspects the bill of sale first. So it appears this property belongs to a Pilwiz Crazar. The property is located in uhhh... Whitethrone? Why would anyone want to live there.

He then cuts open the mail and reads it. Dear Belthor, your sons have acquired the deed to the house you have requested in Whitethrone. A person will room there and serve as a fence for your extra items that you don't find suitable for your hoard. I will add our exchange to my hoard that you must've heard about in the foothills of northern Avistan. It's one of the more well known hoards as I am a well known and hold high ranking in our clan. Should you need assistance in another purchase or loan my assistant in Whitethrone or I might be of help, for a price.

May Apsu and the White Claws guide you, Jus.

He looks to the team for acknowledgments.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"That's two names, not one. Pilwiz and Crazar are that drake's children." Nasar rubs the back of his head, thinking aloud "So the wyrm resides in the foothills with a connection at this property in Whitethrone...I'm not familiar with these areas."


Male Human

Nepal confusingly looks at the mail rereading it. Uhmmm well the foothills in North of Avistan probably is reffering to the Crown of the World, which is... subarctic so this dragon has to be some kind of dragon that shows an affinity to ice. And Whitethrone is probably a quarter distance north as the ice caps are. But its also very icy and cold, inhabited by allot of odd species like frost trolls and snow goblins.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"So this frost dragon could be our next lead on the wyrm?"


Male Human

Nepal surveys the party. No but he seems like a big deal if he's got some hoard that makes him high ranking in whatever the White Claw are. The fence in Whitethrone would be your next lead. He probably won't talk easy since he's obviously a reject of society living out there. So be prepared for rude people and the bitter cold. Of course you don't have to go there now if you have prior engagements.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"I think we should take a raincheck for now, we need to head back home as something came up during the mission that needs to be addressed first. Before we leave, could we have someone look at our new ship? We commandeered a pirate ship but was damaged in the skirmish and while we made hasty repairs at the time, I don't want to end up and aboleth snack because of not getting the ship fixed."


Male Human

Nepal thinks for a second and then points out the door, Yoshi's crew are great craftsman, I'm sure they can fix up your raft for a few coin. They also like alcohol but you lot don't seem like the drinking type. Oh did you manage to recover any of the drake?

Deract crosses his arms and looks at Marissa and mockingly says, Yea Marissa did we manage to recover ANY of the drake!?

To which he's met with a foot to the side of his torso and Lily intervening, Actually Mr. Nepal we reduced the drake to rubble with a petrification spell. We were unable to retrieve any usable parts of the drake and we apologize.

Nepal smiles and puts his hands together and bows. Oh thats not a problem, getting rid of the pest was the priority. Getting extra goodies is the byproduct it's no small task to get any type of dragons body home. All is well. he gives a wave of goodbye. Well I will hopefully see you folks with a bit more info next time, until then be well!


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar smiles a bit ”Likewise Nepal”. After leaving from HQ, Nasar makes his way down to the docks again in search of Yoshi and his men so he can request their services to repair the ship.


Male Human

The crew manages to find Yoshi quickly as he is preparing his men to disembark once more back to Magnimar. He notices them and waves them down. "Ready to head back to Magnimar?!


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"Yes, but also no." Nasar points at their newly acquired vessel "That's my ship, some pirates made the mistake of trying to attack us and now here we are. We made some repairs of damages at the time that we caused with cannon fire but I was gonna ask if you'd be willing to do some actual repairs. For the right price of course."


Male Human

Yoshi nods and inspects the ships damages. Well your missing a sail. And I see 2 poorly patched holes, those would burst in a few days in rough water. I can fix it up for you and get you a new sail put in for... he counts on his blue fingers and does some math in his head. that plus labor and the resources... would be 5850gp flat. Then she will be in fit condition to sail.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar nods along as he counts, digging in his massive f#~@ing coin purse "Alright I can afford that, sounds like a deal to me."


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar nods along as he counts, digging in his massive f$@@ing coin purse "Alright I can afford that, sounds like a deal to me."


Male Human

Yoshi whistles his men over and explains the job at hand to them. They all give an aye of approval and grab their tools and get to work. After a few hours the hull is patched through and through amd the mast has a brand new sail attached to it. Yoshi admires his mens work as they finish up and he looks to Nasar after its complete. There she is my friend, and what will you name her?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar steps to the edge of the dock and pats the hull, proud of his new vessel. "She's beautiful Yoshi, your men did great work. I think I'll name her...Cordae Maris."


Male Human

Yoshi stands there hands on his side, Mothers name? he questions the origin of the name.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar chuckles "Ah no but a good guess my friend. See to my people, the language of Aklo is of historical importance. My father passed that language onto me as I will onto my children if such a time arises. And this phrase in olden Aklo loosely translates to 'Heart of the Sea'. A beautiful name for a beautiful ship"


Male Human

Yoshi stiffens a lip, Well color me impressed, thats allot of cultural significance. Well Nasar she is set to go, my team is a bit overdue to head off so we will see you on the water!


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar holds his hand out to shake "Safe travels Yoshi, I'm sure we'll see each other again soon enough."


Male Human

Yoshi gives him a firm handshake and sends him on his way. The 6 hour ride back to Magnimar is uneventful, Deract once again trying to hit fish in the water with his energy bolts. Lily manning the wheel yells down to Nasar. So what's your bone to pick with dragons anyway?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar, who is just leaning over the edge of the ship gazing down into the abyss of the deep waters, pipes up without looking away from the sea. ”Well, in my homeland my kind are somewhat of a servant class in a sense to these dragons. They are called Umbral Dragons. Tend to be very, very strong as they are high up on the chain of dragons. I resent the idea that my kind can’t rule for ourselves, stuck under the claws of these winged beasts. Guess it doesn’t help that I don’t really like those who tout authority that much to begin with. So i left home, came to this plane to escape that life. Made friends of my own, the had their own histories, got to learn about so many different cultures. We started thinking about becoming adventurers, make something of ourselves. So we picked up work with the guild here and there, low threat stuff for beginners. Well who would have guessed that a village that needed help was a little too close to a dragon’s den. Before i knew it, everything was gone. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.” If it wasn’t obvious from what he’s saying, his somber tone that he isn’t trying to hide should make it clear that he is big sad. ”It’s like i couldn’t escape the fate of being stuck below dragon-kind, so I made a choice soon after that day. If I can’t run away from them, I’ll run towards them and bring these dragons a fight they never wanted. So I spent a lot of my time learning their language and working by myself scouting low threat dragon-kin until I got summoned to work with a new group...” He stands up from the side of the ship and turns to face the boat, leaning his back to the edge instead. ”Warlord through me into a group with basically 2 dragonkin, so my work slowed down to a near grinding halt, but that’s basically what I have against their kind. Sorry if I-uhh rambled on too much again.”


Male Human

Lily listens intently and Deract pauses killing fish and looks to Nasar. So you end goal is... revenge?

Marissa chimes in while working the sails. Revenge isn't always the answer Nasar. But justice must be dealt where justice is due. To those that deserve the swift justice of our blades, I'll raise my sword for that cause.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

”I’m pretty sure that dragon isn’t interested in setting up relations with those it kills or steals from. Could there be good dragons out there that look to be friendly with the rest of the world? Im sure there are. But the ones that just take and take and take and take UNTIL EVERYTHING YOU LOVE IN THIS WORLD IS GONE......those ones have a special place at the end of my blades. Call it revenge or whatever you want, I see what I’m doing as a good service to the preservation of life. Maybe once I find the one that killed my friends I’ll change my view, but that is later in life.” Nasar wipes his face clean, probably some seawater splashing up or somethin, Nasar doesn’t cry...but he does turn back to the water instead of looking at the party.
Bluff the tears away: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

When the dragon topic ends Nasar is going to talk to Marissa about something so don’t jump straight to Magnimar


Male Human

Sense Motive L: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Sense Motive M: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Sense Motive D: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The team stays silent as they listen to Nasars story. Continuing on the waves they all man their stations.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar doesn’t have much to say, he told his story. So unless someone makes conversation again it stays silent. During a point if calm waters Nasar looks towards Marissa and waves her to come over to him.


Male Human

Marissa notices Nasar and ties the sail to hold it down. After a solid minute of struggling to tie a simple knot she walks over to Nasar. You needed something?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

”Yea...I was staring at the water and thinking about something you said to me before. The abolith you spoke of, could you tell me about that fight? I’m curious.”


Male Human

Marissa ponders the request, Uhh yes sure I remember a bit of it it was a few months ago. We were on our way to go find Richter's friends and we were on our was to go get Alei from Hermea. An Aboleth started rocking the boat and everyone jumped into action, I tried to help Arthur by making his weapon magical but it didn't really work out. And then I sank like a rock in the water while Alex and Nasa... her face goes pale. Nas- uhhhhh... you were helping... I forgot you were there...


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar chuckles a little, staring into the water. ”There you go, figured it out on your own.”


Male Human

She turns red with embarrassment, I'm so sorry...


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar turns to her with a bit of a weak smile ”It’s ok Marissa, honest mistake right? I was still somewhat new at the time I guess so you forgot about me being there. That’s not what I’d be mad about anyways.”


Male Human

Marissa squints. So what would you be mad about?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

”’So you knew beforehand I was gonna get this thing? And you only told me a minute before it happened? And now I'm stuck like this.’...You assume I want to just force people into this? Or like you’re the only one stuck in this mess? I don’t like what I have to do now, fight this massive evil guy because of this weird shadow thing I have. I was content with myself, running my own life at my own pace. I got thrown into this when I got stuck with those damned fools. All of sudden we all have these shadows but what happens next? THEY ALL LEFT! THEY LEFT ME WITH THIS, JUST ME, DERACT AND LLAMREI." Nasar takes a breath and calms himself. "They got out and I’m still here. Those cowards left the job before it could even be considered half-assed. How the hell is that fair? And you think I would just force you into this mess without considering you? How evil do you think I am? If i knew you running a mission with me would force you into this I’d have at least talked to you about it first. Now I have to be careful with who I team with or they might also be handcuffed to this. I'm happy that you are going to stick around, I really am, but it's not lost on me that you don't want this mission, I didn't want it either..." After a moment he says one last thing before handing the mic over to Marissa "I guess...I guess less mad but more disheartened that you thought so lowly of me."


Male Human

Marissa looks towards the ocean. Obviously regretting her outburst. She speaks very softly, I'm sorry Nasar, I just don't know how to handle allot of this. I'm not that good with words either. Life hasn't thrown this big of a curve ball at me since my parents shipped me away with Gunther to the guild.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar leans back over the side of the ship. ”I forgive you Marissa, I know this is just as hard for you to settle with. Wasn’t easy for me either but I’m trying to help you adjust to this, it’s why I want to help you figure your shadow out. I’m sorry that you and Gunther got sent off to the guild. I didn’t know that.”


Male Human

Marissa shrugs, Ehh a different story for a different time. But we will get through this. I know it, together.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"Yea, yea we will. We will need more people with shadow's though unfortunately. Would you want to help me vet people? I would like to have your input since you are a crucial member and you already have compromised with the party composition up to now. I'd like to have your approval for who we have join us next."


Male Human

Marissa seems surprised at the inquiry. Uhh yes Who did you have in mind?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"That's the thing, I don't have someone yet. Only an idea. Hear me out. Deract and Lily are great at range, you thrive in combat and I excel at getting the numbers in our favor or striking from the dark. What we really need is some good old fashioned support. Some sort of spellcaster ya know. I feel like we had like a wizard or sorcerer of sorts, or even a bard, we would have such an easier time. What do you think about that? Any ideas?"


Male Human

Marissa ponders for a second raising her fingers counting her allies. Well Bezelghast is a spell caster, but he is already in a team, Kami and Gunther are bards but they are apart of my team. And I'm already with you now almost full time so that won't work. Oh Genesis was telling me she has been practicing wizardry, and Dynamite has been practicing some odd machine based magic with Gidget. Theres bound to be others but that's all I can think of so far.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"Genesis was telling me the same, but I wouldn't want to bring in someone that green...she needs time to catch up. This isn't something we should rush. Once we are confident in someone we can talk to them about it. Also I hope you running with me isn't a problem with your friends. It doesn't seem like they dislike me but I don't want them to resent me for taking you away so much."


Male Human

Marissa waves away his worries. Oh they dont care, they have everything they need they are good with money And we have quiet a bit saved up for rainy days, they barely eat too there like college kids. If I leave them for a bit they won't mind they'll probably practice those little board games they play. And if they need extra money they can pick up an odd job at the guild. They've separated from me before its been... 5 years we've ran together we've seen it all. she muddles about Genesis. We could always just take her on like a mini-mission to see how new to everything she is. She only gets a shadow if she accepts the request to be in yo- our team right? That arena battle you guys went to from Llamrei could be a controlled setting to test her out?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar shrugs "I don't know maybe? Like if don't ask her to run full time? It sounds like a good idea but if we are wrong I'll feel awful. Thing is I don't think I specifically asked you to join, just to run a mission with us. Maybe it only picked you because of the danger of Jurastis's croneys coming for us. Imma ask the other two for their thoughts about it so Im gonna get loud for a sec. HEY LILY, DERACT, INPUT WANTED PLEASE. IF WE WANTED TO SCOUT OUT NEW SHADOW USERS, YOU THINK WE COULD HAVE THEM TAG ALONG FOR A CONTROLLED MISSION AND NOT GET SELECTED AS LONG AS WE DONT OFFICIALLY ADD THEM TO THE TEAM?"


Male Human

Deract stops killing fish and looks over to the two. Didn't Marissa like tell us she wasn't leaving until Jurastist was killed because I was a demon?

Marissa remembers this too, Yea hes right, I told you guys I was tagging along to make sure Deract doesn't do anything bad. And that was a conscious decision I made before it got into me. Maybe it's a willing decision. It was for me. And Lily dosent have it... maybe shes not made a decision to stay.

Marissa and Deract look at Lily and wait for her response. She drives the ship silently before mumbling. Yea, I never worked with a team so I don't know. And you never asked so I never brought it up.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar nods along before looking at Marissa "Give me a minute" Nasar makes his way to Lily at the steering wheel. "You know, I wasn't sure you were going to stick around. Didn't know if you were going to do your own thing when we got to the material plane. But you have been a welcomed ally this whole time Lily and I am eternally thankful for that. I have thought of you as apart of the team the whole time in fact even though I didn't offer a spot to you. So I would like to remedy this oversight. If you wanted, I would be honored to have you apart of the team, officially." Nasar offers his hand to shake as now it is importance to have a formal agreement to be in the team.


Male Human

Lily holds the wheel still with both her hands. Look Nasar, the reason why I never asked was because I was never prepared for the question to be asked. I guess I'm still on the fence about it. So I can't really commit to this until I really want to accept that I commited war crimes hundreds of years ago... and I'm now playing the other side like it never happened. she looks to him though and smiles. I'm still going to run with you though, I like you guys. And I've already started learning things about the Material Plane I didn't before. Plus I like kicking Deracts ass. to which Deract glares.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar retract his hands "I can't even imagine the things you did or saw so I'm not going to pretend that I can understand. I'm also not going to force you to join. If you want to stay where you are and be an ally for now then that's ok. I wanted you to understand that you are welcome here, even if Marissa might not like it. I'm not nearly as set in stone as her. So, if one day you change your mind, I'm always open to having you by my side as an equal. And for whatever it's worth, which could very well be nothing, I can forgive your past for a better future Lily." Nasar gives her a smile as he finishes talking.


Male Human

Lily smiles and looks at Nasar and winks, Thanks Nasar, and... she chuckles, Nice pun, Marissa set in stone.

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,569 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nasar's Clubbed Narrative All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.