Nasar's Clubbed Narrative

Game Master Nigawabi

Nasar the rouge has always had a wild time holding onto people. When he is cursed with a sentient shadow of an Ooze he slowly begins to turn the only thing by his side. Where will this dynamic duo go next!?!


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,571 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar has a blank expression "Aw hell I can't believe I said that..." Nasar walks back down to Marissa, shaking his disgust "I like the idea, ask Genesis to run a small mission to see where she is. As long as nothing falls into our lap beforehand then we should be good right?"


Male Human

Marissa nods and walks back to the ships mast and gets back to helping keep the ship moving. They arrive back at the port of Magnimar and register the ship with the dock keepers. They make there way back to the guild and everything was as it was left. The Bone Brother still sits in the same seat playing his trumpet.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar buys another 2 lbs of horse meat and gives it to Bean for being good on ship ride. He also asks Marissa before she goes back to her room "I know we just got back but we did rest prior, would you be interested in a bit of training tonight, try and work on getting control over your shadow?"


Male Human

Marissa nods in agreement, Yea what did you have in mind for training?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"Some meditation to start, and then some half-speed combat. See where that gets us. I can meet you at the training grounds at sundown if that works for you."


Male Human

Marissa gives a thumbs up in agreement. Sounds good I'll see you there later. and with that she heads off.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar makes his way to the merchant to see if he has gotten a letter back from Yukkabella.


Male Human

Gloriana welcomes Nasar with a letter wax enclosed with the seal of Yukkabella's signature golem.

Letter:

Dear Nasar,

I'm glad to hear you are in good health, as for your request I cam manage to pull together the necessary items for your belt for the price of 3750gp. Please write back with any specifics on the order or that you would like it under that price. I will write back after receiving your letter and constructing the product.

Stay well, Yukkabella


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar sends a letter back with this message written.

Letter:
Dear Yukka,
The price is not the level of my concern, it is the potency of the item. So as long as what you construct lives up to expectations then it sounds like a deal. Once I hear back from you I can make my way out to you and deliver the payment.

Sincerely Yours, Nasar I.

Nasar waits for nighttime in his room with the other two before meeting with marissa to train.


Male Human

Night falls as Lily heads to bed and Deract stays up reading his big black tome. Nasar makes his way down to the courtyard to find Marissa sitting in the grass conversing with the Bone Brother. So Mr. Bones what were you like before you got turned into what you are? Does it have any effect on how you turned out?

Nasar hears the Bone Brother respond. Well we in the Bone Brothers don't tend to hold onto our past life as it no longer reflects our neutral nature. But because you are so interested in my stories I used to be a carriage man in Osirion, I trekked day in and day out with my camels delivering people and supplies to the different towns and cities. Those deserts are brutal but you get used to it after you've lived there for so long. he notices Nasar arrive and he stands up and gives Nasar a bow, Well met Nasar I'll be going now, should you need to talk or wish to aid my return to my clan I will be in the guild hall. Goodnight Marissa stay well and don't be afraid to ask for another story, and with that he gives a thumbs up and waits a second before heading in.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar gives the brother a smile and small nod as they pass. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long, although you did have company."


Male Human

Marissa gets up off the grass and starts to don the rest of her armor. For a skeleton of a simple clan he sure has allot of depth. I thought his personality would be a bit- she laughs with a sly grin, heh... barebones, but hes got some meat to his personality. she picks up her sword and sheaths it since her shadow relies on CQC.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar facepalms And I thought my pun was bad...Ok so have you done meditation before?" Nasar starts assembling and area for a small fire to be made while they talk.


Male Human

Marissa face seems puzzled, I mean I've tried but I always end up falling asleep. Maybe I get too relaxed. she takes off her armor since she doesn't want to risk falling asleep in all her armor.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"Ok yea that would be not too helpful. So I'll try and keep you awake at the same time." Nasar gets his small fire lit and sits with the fire in between them. "First part is usually easy I want you to close your eyes and focus on the sound of the fire, allowing your mind to clear."


Male Human

Marissa stares at the fire and she shuts her eyes hard. Her brown commoner cloths shows her breathing slowing to a more relaxed pace. Clear my mind... but I'm going to forget the things I need to do...


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"It's ok Marissa, just clear your mind, focus on the fire and my voice." He waits for her breathing to find its final rhythm before continuing. "I want you to think about the form of the shadow you saw in the dream. Find that image and focus on it."


Male Human

Marissa sits silently in thought.

Manifest?: 1d100 - 20 ⇒ (84) - 20 = 64

For a breif second Nasar can spot the outline of the golem sitting behind her but it quickly dissipates.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"You're doing great Marissa, keep focusing. I want you to take that image and visualize it sitting with us at the fire. See it sitting like us, facing the fire. The shadow it casts onto the ground as it blocks the light. The way it depresses the grass underneath its weight."


Male Human

Her eyes squint harder as her hands clench as if to 'think harder' she can be heard straining to try and meditate.

Manifest?: 1d100 - 15 ⇒ (74) - 15 = 59
Dont roll a 1: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Nothing happens except Marissa tries a little harder. The fire crackles and small embers rise and go out midair. I dont know how else to make it work. Grrrr she seems visibly frustrated.

Angry Manifest: 1d100 ⇒ 19


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"You've felt what it's like to fight with your shadow. Feel those moments Marissa, remember those emotions of not having control, erase them and take the reigns for yourself. See yourself at the helm"


Male Human

She can be heard mumbling to herself. I dont wanna fight you anymore. Were one being now so we gotta work this out. So lemme just, lemme drive the carriage for a little.

Manifesto: 1d100 + 20 ⇒ (84) + 20 = 104
No 1s: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Nasar sees her grey golem friend appear on her left side. Her hands still clenched and eyes shut unaware shes bridged the gap.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar looks at her golem and nods in acknowledgement of her success. "Keep your focus and Open your eyes Marissa"


Male Human

She opens he eyes slowly exhaling and seeming exhausted by her effort. She looks right then left and spies her shadow. Oh... so you actually listened... ok... she turns to Nasar. So what do we do now? the golem also turns it head to Nasar, its deep slit in its head only shows 2 red eyes peering out.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"See if you have the control you asked for."


Male Human

She stands up. The golem also stands up and shift behind her. She picks up her arm and so does the golem.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"Well well well...seems like you finally got ahold of your heart Marissa. How does it feel?"


Male Human

She throws a few punches and the golem does as well. Uhhh good but I dont know what else I can do. she stops for a second and lends her ear to the side. If you say so. and she clasps her hands together and hits the ground.

Nasar Reflex Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

A rumbling is heard underneath and Nasar tumbles back as a spike erupts from the ground right where he sat.

Marissa is wide eyed. Oh my gosh I'm sorry I didnt know that it was gonna do that!


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar rolls through onto his back and kips up, laughing at the newly discovered power the nearly gave him a life ending piercing "WOW that's really cool! So you have some level of control over the earth? That sounds extremely powerful. It's quite alright Marissa, I haven't let my guard down in months so I'm just scuffed up from the ground at best. All the powers I discovered with Club came from imagination and trial'n'error so try whatever comes to mind."


Male Human

Marissa looks puzzled. But he just told me to do that. He gave me a little picture show in my head and I copied it. Is mine supposed to do that?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"That's super helpful, mine hasn't done that but our shadows are very different so I'm not surprised. Speaking of which, might as well come out too." Nasar summons his ooze buddy Club


Male Human

Club manifests and slimes around and surveys the golem towering above them.

Marissa looks up at the golem again. She nods then fixes her foot stance. She tries hitting her foot flat against the ground and a blob of dark rock comes out the ground. She does it a few more times as if preparing to serve a tennis ball before overhead thrashing it midair. It goes flying past the group and lands a solid 50ft away before shattering into oblivion.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar follows that rock fly with his eyes "Wow...hey Marissa, remind to never get on your bad side cause I'm lucky i didn't end up like that." He then ponders for a moment "Is there any way you can merge with your golem, like you kinda do when you are in rage mode?"


Male Human

Marissa looks up at him, Uhhhh hes not saying anything... so I have no clue... she walks over to a training dummy and concentrates before throwing a punch at it. He fist thuds into it simply. She retracts her hand shaking it in pain. OW OW OW OWWWWW!! and her golem dissipates as she looses all concentration.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar makes his way over at the sound of her hurting herself."Marissa! Are you alright? What happened there? It was only the training dummy, your golem should have punched that thing to Riddleport."


Male Human

She waves her hand in pain. I dont knowww I guess I don't know how to merge it yet and the punch just didn't connect.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar gently takes her hand and looks it over ”And throwing a punch without any sort of support, could have jammed your wrist. Luckily with your powers healing it isnt an issue even if its more than just sore.”


Male Human

Marissa nods and takes her hand back and rolls her wrist around to work it out. I think that's enough for tonight. I got it to come out that's a start right?


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

”It’s a very good start, now get some rest and we can reconvene in the morning.”


Male Human

Marissa heads off back to her room, as Nasar heads back to the room he finds Lily asleep and Bean sleeping tight. Deract still reads his big black tome and flips through the many pages. He seems to be lost in thought as he reads.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar speaks softly as to not wake the two. Surprised you are still awake, it’s getting late Deract.


Male Human

Deract doesn't respond, after Nasar inspects him for a second he realizes Deracts eyes are pitch black and unmoving. This tome seems to have some sort of effect of Deract.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar walks up behind Deract, eyes away from the tome. He taps Deract on the shoulder ”Deract? You alright.”


Male Human

Deract still stares into the tome, as he gets closer to Deract he hears REALLY weird sounds coming from the book. Like whispers and water dripping and mac and cheese stirring. Almost like your stereotypical possessed book.


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"Lord please have mercy on me." Nasar slaps Deract to try and wake him up from his weird hypnotic state.
slap: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Human

The slap knocks Deracts vision away from the book and his eyes dim back to regular Deract eyes. Huh wha happened? Heyyy why'd you disrupt my study session? Now I gotta wait a whole week before I can try again!


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

"You were in a trance and your eyes went black as pitch man, freaked me the hell out. What was that?"


Male Human

He angrily looks at Nasar and shuts the tome loudly making Lily turn in her sleep. He then hushes his tone to not wake the beast known as Lily. If you must know this is one of the only books with the records of almost every shadow user. Jurastist used to use it to find out ways to utilize his shadow in different ways. But when you read the book it like... consumes you, you dont read the book really it instills its knowledge in you. And you come out knowing something you didnt before. It trances you for an undetermined amount of time. If you get messed with or the book closes you lose out on the study session. And you have to wait until its usable again, also you have to risk insanity when you trance but like that's not a big worry for me. I never liked myself anyway, and I can get it fixed probably


M Fetchling Rogue 8 | HP 80 | AC 21 T 17 FF 21 | Ft +6, Rf +15, Wl +3 | Init +12 | Perc +11 |

Nasar keeps his voice hushed as well, "If you can read it and not go insane that's great, but what if you go mad? You could be putting any of our lives at risk man, not just yours.


Male Human

Deract gives a smug grin, Ehh catch a little psychosis or some amnesia who's gonna knowww, don't worry I can take care of it if it ends up happening. I can tell these things before they happen.

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Sense Motive DC23:

Deract doesn't seem entirely sure about what he's saying. He sounds like he's just saying whatever shuts Nasar up.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,571 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nasar's Clubbed Narrative All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.