GM CoolFrostyOne's CORE Tome of Righteous Repose

Game Master lekolas

Tome of Righteous Repose Google Slides


251 to 300 of 337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack breathes a sigh of relief when Uldar regains consciousness, and then turns his attention to the remaining Halfling.

+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow, PBS, B: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 28, for 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13 damage.
+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow, PBS, B: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 22, for 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16 damage.

Dark Archive

Aurus channels energy to improve his companions' health, but something seems to go awry, and Uldar does not regain consciousness.

Know, Religion for more information

Meanwhile, Jack's arrows hone in for some serious damage on the halfling. And Nemrok's greataxe strikes the dwarf rolling on the floor.

Also, the glitterdust spell having worn off, the pixie mumbles some words, and disappears!

Uldar, will consider grease your held action if you should be healed before the bad guys next turn.

COMBAT TRACKER - Second Round - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack
--------------
Murderous Halfling – Yellow -29hp, stunned
Dancing whip - grappled
--------------
Cloudia
--------------
Bad Dwarf – -3hp prone
--------------
Aurus -2NL, grappled
Nemrok
--------------
Whistle bound?, invisible,-13 hp
--------------
Seebonickk -17hp
Uldar -35HP, unconscious, stable

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT

Party blessed
Heroism: Uldar, Aurus
Bulls Strength: Aurus
Fake dragon making lots of noise
Positive energy suppressed

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

"Oh, my! Poor Uldar. I'll see if I can help him!"

Coudia, alarmed by Uldar's wounds, pulls out her wand of CLW and cures him, hopefully. Having no interest in religion she has no idea that Aurus channeled, much less why it failed.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 31/31| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Nemrok realized that something is not right here.

Dark Archive

GM rolls:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Nemrok:
You are aware that the water in the basin is unholy water, and that it’ suppresses any positive energy used in the room by half.

Uldar springs back to life after some healing from Cloudia. He’s able to give Aurus’s armor a good greasing.

The halfling remains stunned. Her whip continues to grapple Aurus.

COMBAT TRACKER - Third Round - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack
--------------
Murderous Halfling – Yellow -29hp
--------------
Cloudia
--------------
Bad Dwarf – -3hp prone
--------------
Aurus -2NL, grappled, greased armor
Nemrok
--------------
Whistle bound?, invisible,-13 hp
--------------
Seebonickk -17hp
Uldar –-32HP,

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Party blessed
Heroism: Uldar, Aurus
Bulls Strength: Aurus
Fake dragon making lots of noise
Positive energy suppressed

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Nemrok’s see invisibility should still be running as well

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 31/31| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

The water here is cursed! All positive energy effect are reduced by half in this place.

Says Nemrok

Yes, I have See Invisibility for 40mn

Dark Archive

GM CoolFrostyOne wrote:
Also, the glitterdust spell having worn off, the pixie mumbles some words, and disappears!

Spellcraft check to help determine what Whistle might have been mumbling.

Uldar Uldeth wrote:
Nemrok’s see invisibility should still be running as well

Nemrok glances behind him and is surprised to discover he can no longer see Whistle.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

"I was going to release you, Whistle, but now I can't even see you."

FYI: Since bless was already active, and her SoP are to have the wand of bless and magic missiles out, I'm going to assume she only had the wand of MM out. Having drawn the CLW she now has MM and CLW out.

Cloudia mouths the word 'ding' (or so it seems. with all the commotion in the room she probably said it but it could not be heard) and a lonely magic missile zips its way towards the evil dwarf (hopefuly) striking it with a significant bit of force damage.

MM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 31/31| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Know. arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Nemrok tries to remember which spell could stop him to see someone invisible, but nothing come to his mind.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

GM is up?

Dark Archive

Cloudia's magic missile hits the dwarf, slowly chipping away at his defenses.

Not laughing anymore, his face the same color as his hair, the dwarf gets up AOO for Nemrok, takes a step back, and fires a crossbow bolt at the wizard with the terrible jokes.

GM rolls:

Attack, mw crossbow, pbs: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

Though his aim is quite bad after all that laughing, he still manages to hit.

COMBAT TRACKER - Third Round - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack
--------------
Murderous Halfling – Yellow -29hp
--------------
Cloudia
--------------
Bad Dwarf – -7hp
--------------
Aurus -4NL, grappled
Nemrok -9 hp may take attack of opportunity as well
--------------
Whistle bound?, invisible,-13 hp
--------------
Seebonickk -17hp
Uldar –32HP, unconscious, stable

COMBAT TRACKER - Fourth Round - Bold may act
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack
--------------
Murderous Halfling – Yellow -29hp
--------------
Cloudia
--------------
Bad Dwarf – -8hp
--------------
Aurus -4NL, grappled
Nemrok -9 hp
--------------
Whistle bound?, invisible,-13 hp
--------------
Seebonickk -17hp
Uldar –32HP, unconscious, stable

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Party blessed
Heroism: Uldar, Aurus
Bulls Strength: Aurus
Fake dragon making lots of noise
Positive energy suppressed

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

With a frown, Jack moves forward, and takes a shot at the Dwarf!

+1 Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow, PBS, B: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 31, for 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14 damage.
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 20, for 2d8 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 14 + 2 = 22 *ADDITIONAL* damage.

EDIT: Uldar *is* conscious, right?

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 31/31| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

@GM Nemrok has his mage armor up (+4AC), if it counts

AoO: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Damages: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

I have another for you! Why did the elf cross the road?
The elf herself don't know.

Hideous Laughter Will DC18

Dark Archive

Jack Malcolm Thorpe Churchill wrote:

EDIT: Uldar *is* conscious, right?

Yes. Sorry, will update that when I get a chance.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar draws his wand if magic missile and tries to shoots the halfling

UMD: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 Succes
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

If the halfling is still conscious Cloudia will ding him, otherwise she will ding the dwarf.

heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

mm danage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

Seebonickk shoots the nearest bad guy.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus gives a yell as he heaves against the whip token.

CMB+Heroism+Bull's Strength: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 32

Dark Archive

Jack moves to a clear shot on the dwarf and boy does he ever, the arrow making its way deep into his rib cage.

GM rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The dwarf starts to giggle, "Why did the elf cross the road? Because otherwise the dwarf would bong him! Bong made the elf!" He breaks into uncontrollable laughter and falls once again to the ground.

Uldar pulls out his wand of magic missile and dispatches the halfling, freeing Aurus in the process, as the whip falls to the ground.

Seebonick and Cloudia shoot the dwarf while he writhes in uncontrollable laughter.

Meanwhile, you hear an invisible pixie screaming "Oh, ow, oh, ow, ow," as she rolls down some stairs.

GM rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"OK, OK," says the dwarf, still laughing uncontrollably. "Bounce goes the pixie, bong goes the dwarf. I give up. Please just make it stop. I can't take it any more." It's clear to the party that he wants to surrender, although he's laughing so hard he can't actually take a free action to drop his weapons.

A dragon still roars.

END COMBAT

Lots of options here: roll perception if you want to pinpoint the pixie while she's at a penalty; disarm the dwarf (or kill him, if you think he's too dangerous); Seebonickk knows that the treasure chests aren't trapped from his earlier perception check; oh, and there's the cursed water that Nemrok discovered. It'll likely be another 24 hours before I can post again.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

"Whistle! You're still very badly hurt. Let us heal you before you leave!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

He will stabilize the halfling (sacred touch).

"Let's knock the dwarf out for now. Tie them up and lock all three of them in this room until we've finished our job and then take them to the authorities."

Uldar will pick up a whip and will try to attune to it.

UMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

He will also take all the equipment of the halfling and dwarf and cast detect magic for anything else of interest.

He will then try and remember anything about unholy water and how to render it harmless.

Knowledge Religion (Loremaster): 20 + 10 = 30

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia tries to help secure the prisoner but just gets in the way and finally backs off and goes looking for Whistle. If she can locate him she will tell him to hold still and untie him.

"I think that any healing will have to wait until after we leave the area or someone deals with the anti-healing aura in the room..."

Only half of what she says is heard though, as it is drowned out by a dragon roar.

" I wish that dragon would shut up."

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

"yeah let's leave. I'm pretty hurt"

Seebonickk looks at his wounds.

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 31/31| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

We need to do the ritual to clear this place from its corruption and free the spirit of those trapped here. Have we all the pieces for the ritual the Venture-Captain gave us?

Says Nemrok

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

"Are you sure this is the right place?"

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 31/31| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

I don't know, but it seems to me that it could be. To be sure, lets finish to explore this place. May be we will find new clues or place?

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia nods her head in approval. "That does sound prudent. It would a big shame if we wasted our one shot on a pool of unholy water or something. This just doesn't seem like a rift to me. I could be wrong. Maybe all that anti healing thing going on is a rift into the negative material plane or something."

Cloudia does have a little knowledge about arcana but she is ignorant as far as planes go and undead or religion. The only way she is going to recognize a rift is if things start coming through it.

Dark Archive

The dragon is still breathing fire.

The dwarf is still laughing uncontrollably.

The pixie reappears at the foot of the stairs, her eyes stained with tears.

"I am hurt! I am terribly hurt! But look at you! You're all hurt, too. And all because of that bad dwarf who would come in here and kill us all just to get some dumb trinkets. He is a bad, bad dwarf. You would be right to slit his throat, because as soon as he gets out of this place, he's going to stab somebody else in the back. But I have a trick! I have a fabulous trick that will make it so the dwarf will never harm anyone again. Oh gosh oh gosh I hope it works!"

GM rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The pixie says some magic words but nothing happens. "Oh drat! My magic works so terribly in this awful place."

Spellcraft to find out what the pixie was trying.

Uldar ties up the dwarf and the halfling, and relieves them of their weapons. The other halfling is stone cold dead.

Cloudia unties the pixie. "Oh thank you! You all were so kind after all. I'm terribly sorry I scared you with that dragon. It's a good dragon, though! I AM KARKADON, the great and powerful! Sort of like this fairy tale about a man named Oz I once heard of. Oooooh the door! And the woods! And the trees! I think I will leave!"

She flutters about the room, circling Aurus, and blowing him kiss. " I bet you can help purify this place, holy paladin! They were all holy paladins, all the poor souls trapped here. The water in this room is very bad, but there's another room, with something even worse! That's where the necromancer came from. I hope you don't run into her! She's the one that trapped me here.

And with those words Whistle speeds out of the room as fast as her wings will carry her.

After watching the pixie fly away, Uldar is able to ascertain that the corruption is somehow being caused by the stone basin itself, which may give a hint about how to rid the room of the unholy water. He is also able to detect magic coming from the treasure chests and the dwarf. While disarming the dwarf, he discovers a potion of some sort.

The dwarf and one of the halflings are tied up and harmless. The pixie's gone. The dragon will probably roar eternally. There are treasure chests to open. And you might try to do something about the holy water. Also, at some point I'll get a map up so you can see where to go next.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

Uldar examines the basin.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

Also, what weapons and armor did we get from the halflings and the dwarf? Maybe there's something useful!

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

"I think I'll see what happens if I dump some holy water in the unholy pool."

Cloudia starts searching her pack and comes up with various vials and such but no holy water.

"Oh, dear. Did I not buy any holy water? I thought I bought some holy water. They told me in Pathfinders 101 to carry holy water just in case and here I've forgotten. Dang. Well, we could take a more violent approach. I'll bet Aurus could dismantle it with his sword. I've seen him cut through some pretty sturdy things with it before."

Spellcraft rolls in case they are needed after we dismantle the basin AND the trio of neerdowellers and have magic items to identify (not potions, we'll use perception on those)

spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Dark Archive

Uldar is unable to determine anything more about the basin. The combat gear that Uldar finds on the dwarf and halfling are two masterwork daggers, two +1 chain shirts, two flasks of acid, 3 potions, a flask of alchemists fire, a climbers kit, +1 studded leather armor, and +1 light crossbow. All combat items are sized small.

Will hold Cloudia's many spellcraft rolls for when the treasure chests are opened.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Why was the Dwarf using small-sized equipment?

Jack shakes his head.

"I don't have any holy water."

He then moves to open the chests (after thoroughly searching for traps).

Perception - 'Take 20' = 30.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus stands scratching his head looking at the basin. "I dunno that I got a way to deal with this... And I don't think my usual method is gonna help," he says, patting the greatsword on his back.

"Lemme think... re-holying unholy water..."

Kn: Religion: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Dark Archive

Jack Malcolm Thorpe Churchill wrote:

Why was the Dwarf using small-sized equipment?

Because I haven't played a dwarf in a really, really long time...so, yeah, the +1 studded leather and +1 light crossbow is medium-sized.

Dark Archive

Jack and Cloudia convene around the treasure chests. Jack takes his time making sure they aren't trapped and then opens them. There's gold and gems, as well as some items that Cloudia detects as magic. She's able to idenitfy a javelin of lightning and a ring of arcane signets, but isn't sure what the wand or the vial of dust are.

Despite his high intelligence, Aurus isn't able to tell much about how to make holy the unholy water, but Uldar knows that bless water would help, and short of that, the basin does seem to be part of the problem, so a greatsword could possibly work better than he thinks...

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 31/31| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

Nemrok looks at the objects Cloudia wasn’t able to recognize.

Spellcraft (wand): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Spellcraft (vial): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Then, he tries to remember what to do to clear the bassin from the taint.
Know. Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

Jack shrugs.

"Could we just empty the basin?"

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

"I mean, if we don't got any better ideas...?" Aurus unsheathes the broadsword, sets his feet, and goes to take a mighty swing.

Damage, Adamantine: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 1) + 13 = 15

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Cloudia wrinkles her nose and scrunches up her face when Jack mentions emptying the thing, not really wanting to go near it at this point.

Dark Archive

Nemrok identifies the wand as a wand of vanish, and the vial of dust as dust of illusion.

While Aurus's blow does not break the basin, it's clear that he's on to something as the basin stones begin to crumble under his blows. A few more strikes and he'll probably have it.

I'll move us along in 24 hours. Once the basin is broken, you can do any healing you'd like to do. Please note that both the long-term and the short-term buffs have ended at this point. I'll assume that the party relights spears and hilts as before.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)
GM CoolFrostyOne wrote:

Nemrok identifies the wand as a wand of vanish, and the vial of dust as dust of illusion.

While Aurus's blow does not break the basin, it's clear that he's on to something as the basin stones begin to crumble under his blows. A few more strikes and he'll probably have it.

I'll move us along in 24 hours. Once the basin is broken, you can do any healing you'd like to do. Please note that both the long-term and the short-term buffs have ended at this point. I'll assume that the party relights spears and hilts as before.

VETO: We're not spending 60 minutes taking care of the basin.

We'll heal up in another room and come back for the basin when we've finished some more encounters. Also can we use the feather token whips? They are described as dancing weapons, so using them should allow us to have them act for us for 4 rounds.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 3| HP 22 | AC 18; Touch 14; FF 15 | F +5; R +7; W +3 | CMB+2; CMD 15 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 3

60 minutes is too long too

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Point of clarification - I read that as we've explored through the buffs of all duration, regardless of whether we take the few more rounds to chop up the basin. I assume the dungeon is long featureless tunnels in between disjointed rooms far apart, rather than this being a single map. Cuz if that's the case, the basin isn't what's gonna dispel the 10-min+ buffs.

Dark Archive

AC10 T10 FF10 CMD14| HP 31/31| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 |

Anyway, to destroy the bassin, rules pending, you can’t do it with a greatsword. You need the ‘appropriate tools’

Dark Archive

Aurus is correct. Many things have happened since the skeleton champions were destroyed and you began the heroism buffs--they were about to end at the time you encountered the tomb raiders and the pixie but lasted through those encounters. The short-term bulls strength buff lasted through the two encounters. Whether you got rid of the basin or not has nothing to do with the effect ending. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Aurus's sword clearly did some damage to the basin, and continuing to attack it with the greatsword would obviously destroy it. The sword is adamantine and isn't being damaged by the bashing.

Dark Archive

Rule of three here. If you'd like to move on and ignore the basin, vote move on. If you'd like Aurus to continue bashing and rid the room of its evil, vote bash.

In any event, the spell effects have ended.

Uldar, please stay in the spirit of the adventure and only use bold when your character is saying something. There is no veto power in the party.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Ranger 6 (HP 46/46) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 23) (Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5) (Init +11) (Perception +11)

I am happy to wait for Aurus to destroy the basin.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Bard 5 (hp: 34/34 | AC: 15 | T: 10 | FF: 15 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +6 | Knowleges (All) +8 | Darkvision)

As we also have an option to restore the basin with a bless water in a day, I'd rather empty the basin to take away its vile influence and restore it to its former glory later.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/4 | HP: 30/30 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor, bless

Bash and smash!

Dark Archive

That's two for bash, one for wait...anyone else?

251 to 300 of 337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Frightening things will happen here All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.