GM Valen's SFS 1-25 The Beacon Code (PbP) (October 2019) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

Slides & Maps


151 to 200 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Kaneeri wrote:
Is it possible for some of us to rest and recover stamina while others explore the area?

Yes, each PC may choose to take time to explore and/or rest.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn goes into the house. "Oh, found a lockbox ... Let's see what goodies are inside."

Flenn checks the box for traps.

Engineering(look for traps): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Mysticism(look for traps): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Assuming he finds none, he manually disables the lock.

Take 10 for a 22 on Engineering. If that doesn't work let me know

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan will rest up a bit to catch his breath. He will help ferry people from place to place and keep watch as the team investigates each location.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The half-orc finds no traps on the magically-sealed lockbox. His efforts to manually disable it are unsuccessful.
Requires Engineering DC >22.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Do I have time to take 20? If not, here's the roll ...

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Flenn wrote:
Do I have time to take 20? If not, here's the roll ...

If you all want to take the time, you have it. If not, I'll take the roll

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals
GM Valen wrote:
Flenn wrote:
Do I have time to take 20? If not, here's the roll ...
If you all want to take the time, you have it. If not, I'll take the roll

Flenn (presumably) opens the box and looks inside.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Flenn wrote:
Flenn (presumably) opens the box and looks inside.

The half-orc does indeed open the box The lockbox contains several pieces of jewelry, vials of precious oils, and an assortment of unfamiliar shells that would be of value to xenobiologists or collectors. Collectively, the collection is worth 900 credits.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

Orrian thanks Flenn as the cable group picks him up.

Orrian will take a look at the floating island.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"Nothing here, everyone."

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Following along after Flenn, Ynge spots the bookshelf and books and lets out a happy sigh "Oh, how wonderful! I'll take these along with us. Royo will surely love them, even if Naiaj doesn't find them pertinent to the mission. I can't wait to see the little fellow's eyes light up."

She peers into the lockbox as well. "Hm! Quite the set of ancient artifacts."

As she follows the group to the floating island, she looks around for anything hidden there.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
"Oh my. Any of you young'uns see that chest? The builders of this place did a marvelous job disguising it to look like a stone block." She points out the hidden chest and adds "Looks like the lid is stuck closed. Hmm..."
Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Orrian, would you be a dear and open this for me?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

"Oh where did... Yes, of course ma'am."

Orrian gives it a try.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"Seems really stuck..."

Is taking 20 an option here too?

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn goes to assist Orrian with prying open the chest. "You sure this isn't just a stone block?"

Athletics(assist): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Orrian Balnelis wrote:
Is taking 20 an option here too?

Sure, if the party wishes to spend the time.

Athletics (18+):

The "stone block" opens. Within it are six beautiful outfits tailored for a humanoid creature with three arms and three legs. There is also a mk 2 serum of healing.

Deeper in the debris field, the Amber Reconnoiter is seen floating. Based on its dented exterior, it has been doing for some time, based on its dented exterior. A huge chunk of debris remains lodged in the bridge, and the airlock on the starboard side is clearly inoperable.

The only obvious entry point to the interior of the ship is through the gaping hole in the aft-port corner of the vessel.

Any last minute preparations before boarding the ship? Broadcast an access code, perhaps? Maybe even two?

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn broadcasts the access codes received earlier.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Flenn wrote:
Flenn broadcasts the access codes received earlier.

With the access codes broadcast, the Amber Reconnoiter appears relatively safe to approach. No salvo of laser fire is forthcoming.

Venturing through the tear within the ship, you see a dimly-lit space with the ceilings in the ship being 10 feet high. Service lights intermittently flicker with barely perceptible light, giving faint glimpses of the ruined interior in this area.

Map now available on Slides. Feel free to move your tokens through any open areas.

A seemingly nonfunctioning power core is located toward the front of the area, just forward of a line of cots and near a strange crackling barrier.

Engineering to restore life support and seal ship(DC 18):

You manage to effect enough repairs to the power core to form force fields covering the gaps exposing the interior of the Amber Reconnoiter to space and to restore life support. As you do, the light levels in the ship increase from dim to bright light, the control panels to the energy barriers receive enough power to be reactivated, and, it appears, one of the doors in the ship unlocks.
The unlocked door is the one leading to the small, 10' x 10' room at the aft portion of the ship.

Even with the power back on, the partially cracked door described below can't be opened with an Athletics check.

A similar, craclking barrier blocks off a smaller hallway leading to the starboard side of the ship, next to another door.

Toward the port side, a door sits partially cracked, too small to squeeze through.
A successful Athletics check (DC 24) is required to pry open the door.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn walks over to the power core. I think I placed myself properly on the wall. He looks at the crackling barrier, raising a pierced eyebrow. "Got juice for you, eh? Well, let's see if we can figure out what's going on here."

Can I restore life support and seal the ship without disrupting those barriers? If so, I'll try to do that. Also, if there's a way I can wire control of the barriers into my exocortex rig, I'd do that. I will do a couple of rolls first to check for traps or general unexpected things. Any assists would be welcome.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Engineering(check for traps/malfunctions): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Engineering(restore power): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

Orrian would have taken the time to take 20 on the Athletics check.

"Flenn, since I won't be much help working on the power core, let me see if I can get this door to open," Orrian says over comms.

He approaches the partially cracked door and gives it a push.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"This really isn't my day," he says to himself as the door refuses to budge.

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

"Here. Let me help." Donovan tries to open the door.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Could use a little help here."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

While the technically minded Flenn handles sealing the ship's breach, Ynge steps over to see if she can help Donovan and Orrian. She stows her rifle and pulls out a gnarled walking stick.

Athletics (aiding Donovan): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
"You're so close to getting it open Donovan. Here, let me give you a hand." Ynge jabs her walking stick into the gap and uses it to lever the door open.

Looking at the cane; Perception DC16:
The cane is actually a sword cane! Though, it seems to be bulkier than most sword canes with a large gnarled knob at the top... Upon closer inspection, that knob houses a pistol! What a strange weapon.

This is a Static Arc Pistol w/ Called Fusion & Light Bayonet Bracket holding an Inubrix Sword Cane w/ Hindering Fusion.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri has the trap spotter operative talent, if it comes up.

"Hooray! Plundering!"

She moves in to help Flenn.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron holds firmly to the cable line, content to let Donovan tow her about. Nothing to say now? she asks the now silent nagging voice. No cutting witticisms? Smiling after having landed a shot, the lashunta's confidence is slowly returning.

Entering the damaged ship, Saeron crouches to retrieve a small fragment of rubble. Closing her eyes, she "reaches out" toward the shard, causing it glow with an inner light.

Casts Token Spell: You can illuminate an object to shed dim light in a 30-foot radius.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Sorry for the delay folks. A lot of incoming...

Flenn wrote:
Can I restore life support and seal the ship without disrupting those barriers? If so, I'll try to do that.

The two barriers fluctuate with uncontrolled energy.

The energy barriers operate independently of the life-support system, so restoring life-support does not disrupt the barriers. However, the power to life-support also controls power to the panels that operate the energy barriers. So, with power restored, the barriers can now readily be turned off or back-on from a control panel, provided the panel is not destroyed or malfunctioning.

Flenn wrote:
Also, if there's a way I can wire control of the barriers into my exocortex rig, I'd do that..

The control panel on this side of the larger barrier has been destroyed and clearly cannot be disabled from this side.

If I understand this request, correctly, then you are seeking to allow your custom rig to activate the control panels to the energy barriers remotely, which I think would either require the Remote Hack class feature (CRB, pg. 70) or installing a module/upgrade for range (CRB, pg. 216) onto the computer that controls the panel. I may very well be wrong in my interpretation of your intent or the rules and I am quite open to discussing how it might work within the Discussion section.

Flenn wrote:
I will do a couple of rolls first to check for traps or general unexpected things. Any assists would be welcome.

Neither Kaneeri nor Flenn find any traps around the power core before the mechanic manages to to effect enough repairs to the power core to form force fields covering the gaps exposing the interior of the Amber Reconnoiter to space and to restore life support.

As he does, the light levels in the ship increase from dim to bright light and, it appears, one of the doors in the ship unlocks.
The unlocked door is the one leading to the small, 10' x 10' room at the aft portion of the ship.

Kaneeri wrote:
She moves in to help Flenn.

With thoughts of plunder, the skittermander spots something of interest roughly at her eye level. Atop one of the beds here is a datapad with a cracked screen.

Donovan Delacroix wrote:
"Here. Let me help." Donovan tries to open the door. "Could use a little help here."
Ynge wrote:
"You're so close to getting it open Donovan. Here, let me give you a hand." Ynge jabs her walking stick into the gap and uses it to lever the door open.

With the help of the wizened dwarf and her more-than-just-walking stick, the two Starfinders manage to open the stuck door.

Through the doorway, assorted medical equipment can be seen resting in one corner of this room. A stasis pod with a corresponding display sits in the middle of the room, next to a long desk running the remainder of the length of the wall. Two doors that exit toward the front of the ship can be glanced on the far side of the room.
Anyone entering the room may give me a Perception check.

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
"A stasis pod." Donovan goes to see if there's anything in the stasis pod before checking anything else.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn frowns at the disabled control panel. "So ... looks like we can't turn these fields on and off from over here." With the atmosphere filling the ship, Flenn hears the click of the unlocking door and moves over to it. "What's in here?" He has his pulsecaster at the ready and pushes the keypad to open the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If there is nothing immediately obvious, I'll investigate the room more thoroughly ... Take 10 to get a 14.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"A statis pod?" Orrian follows Donovan into the room, looking around before approaching the statis pod.

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Perception, entering stasis pod room: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Well now, I think we have our way past that terrible energy barrier." And when Flenn and Kaneeri restore life support, Ynge smiles in approval. "Wonderful work! I feel far safer with some air outside out suits." Despite her words she doesn't turn off her environmental seals.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron accompanies the others into the medical bay, the now redundant illuminated shard still in hand. She carefully scans the room, her trained eye drawn to the equipment.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Flenn identifies the newly-unlocked area as the gunner’s cockpit. He spots nothing immediately obvious.

@Flenn - Holding off for now on Taking 10

Waiting on Kaneeri to post an action before resolving the other actions posted above.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri grabs the datapad and immediately turns it on!


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Kaneeri wrote:
Kaneeri grabs the datapad and immediately turns it on!

Kaneeri finds that the datapad is surprisingly still functional and that it contains the engineer’s latest log and also hold a secure data module behind a firewall.

Before she can go further, however...

Donovan Delacroix wrote:
"A stasis pod." Donovan goes to see if there's anything in the stasis pod before checking anything else.

Leading the way into the room, Donovan is the first to step within. Unfortunately, he and each of his companions following him had failed to notice that, when power wass restored to the ship, the decontamination tile beneath him had become “functional” again. He is violently sprayed with musty air, the rushing sound that accompanies the blast echoes throughout walls of the room.

Donovan, Reflex (DC 13): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

But otherwise, the Starfinder is unaffected. The whole of its stores spent, the decontamination tile once again falls dormant.

I have placed the PC tokens within the room on the Map in accordance with posts above.

Within the room, there is an assortment of compounds and chemicals
arrayed on a table adjacent to the stasis pod.

Physical Science check (DC 22):
You realize that if the chemicals on the table newere combined, they would react violently.

Perception:

Donovan, Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Orrian, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Saeron, Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Ynge, Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Donovan, Saeron, and Ynge each catch a glimpse of a tiefling woman hiding inside the forward lavatory.
Token now placed on Map.

Initiative:

Donovan, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Flenn, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kaneeri, Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Orrian, Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Saeron, Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Ynge, Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Red, Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

COMBAT BEGINS

First Round Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Donovan
Kaneeri

Tiefling (red)
Saeron
Orrian
Ynge
Flenn

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri hears the chaos and darts in, still gripping the datapad in one hand. She draws her static arc pistol as she runs.

"Who's after our plunder?"

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

"Hey! Who are you? No one is supposed to be here."

Dispiriting Taunt
Intimidate w/Expertise: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 + (6) = 35


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The envoy's stern words give the tiefling woman pause. Hoping to dispense with the newly-arrived Starfinders quickly, she points a shaky finger at the table. One of the vials on the table suddenly falls over, spilling its contents and setting off a chain reaction. As several more containers begin to fall, it is now clear that the table held a rudimentary trap that now triggers an explosive spray of thick, bulky globules of chemical substances.

Heavy globules and earthy fragments splash outward in a 15-foot radius, catching Donovan within the blast.
Donovan takes bludgeoning damage: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 6, 2, 1) = 21;Reflex save (DC 14) for half.

The woman (red) then quickly exits the lavatory and seeks to open a nearby door toward the forward area of the ship.

First Round Cont'd/Second Round Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Saeron
Orrian
Ynge
Flenn

Second round begins
Donovan (Reflex save needed)
Kaneeri
Tiefling (red) (shaken for 4 rounds)

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri bounds forward, tossing her pistol from hand to hand to hand in a blur, making it hard to follow where the shot comes from.

trick attack, sleight of hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 vs flat-footed if trick attack landed
static arc pistol: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 + if trick attack hit: 1d6 ⇒ 3 E

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn triggers his jump jets to jump over near the door, then walks into the room. Two move actions, one with jump jets.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

"A tiefling? How di..." Orrian begins to say before the trap explodes and hits Donovan. Wow. Getting crowded in here he thinks as he tries to recover his bearings and his allies rush into the room.

Seeing no way to get a clear shot even if he was ready, Orrian will draw and load two move actions his crossbolter.

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

"Well dear, that was hardly a kind greeting now, was it? We'll have to try again - the two of us - after you take a nap to cool off." Ynge's face clouds with stern disapproval and she strides forward to make her way around the stasis pod.

She adroitly spins her walking stick to point the end of it at the tiefling. With a press of a button, pulse of electricity runs along the outside and arcs towards the tiefling!

Electrified Guncane - Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Static Arc Pistol damage (E, nonlethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

"Hello?" Saeron calls out after glimpsing the woman. "Who ar-AHH!" she exclaims as the makeshift trap is tripped close by.

Reflexively, she reacts with the only item currently at hand, mentally launching the illuminated chunk of ship in the tiefling's direction.

Telekinetic projectile, vs KAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Before even seeing if her aim was true, she is slipping her rifle from a shoulder.

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Donovan tries to use the stasis pod as cover. His rifle appears in his hand (Called Fusion) as he aims at her. "Get her!" and fires.

Laser Rifle, Azimuth, called:get'em
v EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9 Fire Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The dwarf manages to give the tiefling a good jolt, but the foe appears unaffected by the electrical charge. The other Starfinders' shots miss their mark. Able to follow the skittermander's flashy hand tricks, the tiefling manages to dodge the pint-sized pirate's shot.

With a devilish grin, the tiefling opens the door before her, stepping through the portal.

Second Round Cont'd/Third Round Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Saeron
Orrian
Ynge
Flenn

Third Round begins
Donovan -10 SP
Kaneeri
Tiefling (red) (shaken for 3 rounds)(Get'em: +1 to Attacks against this target)

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Does the door close behind her?

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge lowers her weapon "Well then. Why don't we let her be for now. No sense rushing ahead and getting caught up in another trap." She shakes her head. "Considering how this place should be abandoned, she may very well be a phantom, ghost, or other haunt in any case."

Holding action for now, in case the rest of the team disagrees and we start pursuit.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn looks about to follow, but nods to Ynge. "You say so." He goes over to the stasis pod and begins fiddling with it, trying to figure out what's in it or bring up data.

Just going to throw out some potentially-relevant rolls, for whatever is most useful to interpret or access what we're finding in this room

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Computers: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Engineering: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Life Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Medicine: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

*sniff* I never get rolls like this in combat ...


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Kaneeri wrote:
Does the door close behind her?

Nope. She didn't have enough actions to do so.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Flenn wrote:
Flenn looks about to follow, but nods to Ynge. "You say so." He goes over to the stasis pod and begins fiddling with it, trying to figure out what's in it or bring up data.

The stasis pod in the middle of the room is nonfunctional, even now that power is restored to the ship. It looks like it has not been used in quite some time, while other items within the room appear to have been recently disturbed.

I will keep us in rounds for the time being.

Second Round Cont'd/Third Round Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Saeron
Orrian
Ynge
(delaying)
Flenn
Third Round begins
Donovan -10 SP
Kaneeri
Tiefling (red) (shaken for 3 rounds)(Get'em: +1 to Attacks against this target)

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

"I won't chase her too far," Orrian says while moving forward. "Still,"

He fires his crossbolter.
Crossbolter: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"She started this."

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan goes to the door and cautiously looks in to see where the tiefling went to.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron hesitates a moment, biting her lip in indecision.

"You're right, Ynge, but we shouldn't take too long and give her time to set up more surprises for us. Perhaps a steady advance?" Saeron ventures.

Saeron follows a few steps after the advancing Donovan and Orrian, keeping close enough to come to their aid.

Spying a glimpse of the tiefling through the open door ahead, she fires a shot from her rifle.

Tactical acid dart rifle, vs KAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Acid & Piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

With the group gung-ho to chase, Ynge focuses on inspecting the room the tiefling went into for any traps lying in wait.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri darts forward, juggling her weapon some more.

trick attack, sleight of hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
static arc pistol: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 + if trick attack hit: 1d6 ⇒ 4 E

151 to 200 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valen's SFS 1-25 The Beacon Code (PbP) (October 2019) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.