GM Valen's SFS 1-25 The Beacon Code (PbP) (October 2019) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

Slides & Maps


201 to 250 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The Starfinders' projectiles strike the tiefling, causing the trespasser injury. Likewise, the skittermander's shot is true and even manages to catch the tiefling off-guard, although the shock does not seem to impact the trespasser as much as most.

Obviously vexed by her injuries, the tiefling points a finger at the door, which quickly shuts, shielding her from view.

Third Round Cont'd/Fourth Round Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Saeron
Orrian
Ynge
Flenn

Fourth Round begins
Donovan -10 SP
Kaneeri
Tiefling (red) -18 HP (shaken for 2 rounds)

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

In like fashion, Saeron extends her own finger toward the recently closed door and attempts to activate the mechanism.

Casts Psychokenetic hand


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Saeron Kasari wrote:
In like fashion, Saeron extends her own finger toward the recently closed door and attempts to activate the mechanism.

The door opens, revealing the tiefling standing in front of another recently opened door.

Third Round Cont'd/Fourth Round Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Saeron (move action only)
Orrian
Ynge
Flenn

Fourth Round begins
Donovan -10 SP
Kaneeri
Tiefling (red) -18 HP (shaken for 2 rounds)

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge didn't spot any traps ahead?


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Ynge wrote:
Ynge didn't spot any traps ahead?

Correct. No traps spotted ahead.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

"Ah. Hello there." Orrian smiles as he sees the tiefling hasn't made it too far. He reloads move and tries to fire a shot around Donovan standard.

Crossbolter: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 3 = 5

In Orrian's eagarness to fire it seems he didn't finish loading his bolt befire firing. The crossbolter misfires and flings the bolt harmlessly sideways at the starship wall.

"She's still here, everybody!" Orrian shouts as he begins to reach for another bolt.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn walks into the small room, holding his pulsecaster with a spear mounted on the bayonet up toward the tiefling. "Hey there ..."

If the tiefling has a melee weapon, I just moved through a threatened square.

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan moves up next to her, drawing his sword as he does so and attacks with it.

"We did try to be nice. If you surrender, we can still be nice."

Dueling Sword, converted: analog
v KAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Slashing Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Flenn wrote:
If the tiefling has a melee weapon, I just moved through a threatened square.

No melee weapon armed, though the woman is carrying a handcoil.

The bolt comes no where near the tiefling, but the blade cuts her deeply.

Third Round Cont'd/Fourth Round Begins

Each PC in bold may take a full round of actions

Saeron (move action only)(token seems to have disappeared from map)
Orrian
Ynge
Flenn
Fourth Round begins
Donovan -10 SP
Kaneeri
Tiefling (red) -25 HP (shaken for 2 rounds)

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge hasn't taken a 3rd round action yet.

With the little room looking safe for her team, Ynge strides forward toward the tiefling and draws the sword cane out of her walking stick. Rather than try to stab the tiefling, she aims a surprisingly deft stab at the woman's wrist.

Disarm attempt; vs KAC+8: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 See link for Disarm Rules

Assuming that almost definitely beats KAC+8, so... The glistening amber blade of the sword cane partially phases into the grip of the handcoil, and with a tug the weapon flies free of the tiefling's grip and into Ynge's free hand.

She points the handcoil at the tiefling "I earnestly suggest you surrender, dear."

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri moves up and draws her semi-auto pistol, but waits to see if her allies can get the tiefling to surrender.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron chews her mower lip, waiting to see what happens.

Not moving. I can see token on map near Orrian?

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

I saw her missing earlier, too. Maybe someone accidentally moved their token on top of hers.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Ynge wrote:
She points the handcoil at the tiefling "I earnestly suggest you surrender, dear."

As the handcoil leaves her finger tips, the tiefling exhales loudly. She glares at the Starfinders for several seconds, as if gears in her head were busy turning before locking into place. Then, quite slowly, the woman raises her hands above her head in a gesture of submission. "I surrender" she concedes.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

"Great work Ynge!" Orrian says, relief creeping into his voice.

Reloading his crossbolter out of habit, he turns to ask the tiefling, seemingly out of nowhere, "What do you know about Triune and this ship?"

Not trying to be intimidating or particular diplomatic, Orrian's first concern is figuring out what their captive has to do with the Triunite artifact.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Not sure if we're still in initiative or not, but I will try to intimidate when I get the opportunity.

Flenn grins, showing off his metallic teeth, flickering with lights. "Answer the boy. What are you doin' here?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

And don't even THINK of trying anything, or I'll know, Saeron sends telepathically to the tiefling, stepping toward the entrance of the room.

Intimidate (Aid another): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

While the team is subduing the tiefling, Donovan goes into the hall and looks around for any others that might be on board.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge holsters the handcoil as her allies jump into interrogating the tiefling. "Now, no sense jumping back in hostilities the moment we all calmed down, is there? But Flenn here is right. Why are you here, dearie? It was QUITE the task to ensure we could reach this ship in one piece. We weren't expecting to find anyone still alive here."


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Orrian Balnelis wrote:
"What do you know about Triune and this ship?"

"I know that your, Triune, are false gods, usurpers, who have wrongly claimed divine technology as being their own." retorts the tiefling, obviously unsettled by the imposing force of the Starfinders, yet still steadfast in her word. "And this ship, undoubtedly, is an instrument of lies."

Ynge wrote:
"Why are you here, dearie? It was QUITE the task to ensure we could reach this ship in one piece. We weren't expecting to find anyone still alive here."

"We, too, were expecting only to find the dead, to be gone before your arrival." the woman spits back. "The plan was to retrieve the artifact, claim it in the name of Ulon, the True God from the Machine, before it can be passed off as yet another so-called 'gift' of Triune. The truth can only be told by carefully picking apart and exposing lies, as truth and lies are manufactured in similar ways."

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Mysticism: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Do I know anything about Ulon with that lackluster roll?

"We, eh? How many mates you got with you? Which loo are they hidin' out in."


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Flenn wrote:
Do I know anything about Ulon with that lackluster roll?

Nope.

Flenn wrote:
"We, eh? How many mates you got with you? Which loo are they hidin' out in."

"True numbers will be revealed in time." she responds. "As for where they may be, I cannot say. We split up to search more effectively."

The woman is wearing graphite carbon skin armor.

If you search her person:
You find 1 battery (20 charges), tactical dueling sword, and a credstick with 720 credits on it.

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Mysticism (Who is Ulon Musk?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Concerned by the tiefling's pronouncements, Ynge tries to recall if she's heard of Ulon, the so called True God from the Machine.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Ynge wrote:

[dice=Mysticism (Who is Ulon Musk?)]d20+7

Concerned by the tiefling's pronouncements, Ynge tries to recall if she's heard of Ulon, the so called True God from the Machine.

Ynge concludes that "Ulon" does not correspond to any deity known to presently be worshipped in the Pact Worlds. She surmises it may be a deity from a world so distant that word of its existence is not yet widespread or, perhaps, from a time so ancient that its existence has largely been forgotten.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron studies the tiefling and her responses carefully as her companions conduct their questioning.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 (particularly her claims about there being others and her not knowing their current location)

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn sends via text over the comms from his exocortex, I SHOULD JUST STUN HER. He holds the pulsecaster rifle menacingly toward the tiefling. Out loud, he says, "Anybody got manacles?"

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron shakes her head to Flenn's query about manacles.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Saeron Kasari wrote:
Saeron studies the tiefling and her responses carefully as her companions conduct their questioning.

Saeron does not get the sense that the woman is lying.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn conti uses to hold the gun on her. "Someone search her to make sure she isn't hiding a weapon."

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

"So how did you get here? We didn't see another ship? Did your partners leave you stranded?" All of a sudden, Donovan was worried about the ship they left in the drift defenseless.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

"Well, uh, I don't think I've heard of Ulon, but this is definitely not a 'ship of lies'. And now would be a great time to reveal those true numbers of yours." Orrian says, glancing over his shoulder at the door behind them.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

With her companions occupied by restraining the tiefling or keeping an eye for unknown adversaries, Saeron approaches the prisoner and pats her down.

Her search of the tiefling uncovers a battery, tactical dueling sword, and a credstick. "All clear."

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

As her allies are stripping the tiefling of any dangerous items, Ynge asks "Well, we don't truly know who your god is. But you know at least a little about Triune, maybe a lot more than me. I'd love to hear more about your Ulon and what kind of god it is. We're not really married to Triune. Well, I'm not at least."

"And what do you mean by instrument of lies? If you could enlighten us on how exactly we've been deceived, well... that'd be just wonderful for all parties, wouldn't it." She gives the tiefling a reassuring pat on the back before taking a cookie out of her warming tray.

"Cookie?"

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri remembers that she found a data pad earlier! While her allies question the prisoner, she starts tapping at the data pad, trying to get to the data behind the firewall.

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn looks incredulously at Ynge as she hands over the cookie. His finger tenses on the trigger of the pulsecaster ... but does delay, perhaps curious to see if the tiefling will actually eat the cookie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Donovan Delacroix wrote:
"So how did you get here? We didn't see another ship? Did your partners leave you stranded?" All of a sudden, Donovan was worried about the ship they left in the drift defenseless.

"It was the planar bubble that left us stranded upon arrival. It's damaged beyond repair." The woman manages a smile, "A blessing, then, that you've shown up with a vessel that is still intact."

Ignoring the half-elf's inquiries in favor of those of the dwarf. After all, she has cookies.

Ynge wrote:

"And what do you mean by instrument of lies? If you could enlighten us on how exactly we've been deceived, well... that'd be just wonderful for all parties, wouldn't it." She gives the tiefling a reassuring pat on the back before taking a cookie out of her warming tray.

"Cookie?"

Reaching for the baked good, the tiefling responds, "Triune claims to be a collection of gods, all ascended from machines. But, why should we believe that some device can become any greater than the organic beings that created it? And they claim the Drift Signal was a blessing, yet it may be one of the most destructive forces within the universe. The few remnants of our starship is proof of that."

The tiefling takes a bite of the confectionary. "MMMmmmm. Pwetty gwood." she says, even while still chewing. "Mwhat kind ish it?"


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Kaneeri wrote:
Kaneeri remembers that she found a data pad earlier! While her allies question the prisoner, she starts tapping at the data pad, trying to get to the data behind the firewall.

Upon accessing the data pad, the skittermander comes across a log entry left by the ship's engineer:

"The pod was heavily damaged in the impact. I’ve done my best to repair it, but I’m not confident that it is spaceworthy. Still, I have come around to the escape plan, as it seems there is no hope for us here."

Behind the firewall, Kaneeri locates what appears to be an access code used to unlock a storage chest.

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

"Snickerdoodle. Old family recipe." She rubs the tiefling's back. "I can't argue with you that the Drift is rather... violent. But it's done a lot of good for folks as well, bringing so many wonderful and strange aliens together. I'm sorry to hear that your starship was a victim to the Drift's rather fickle whims."

"If you and your team needs a way out, well..." She looks up at the others. "If you work with us at least a little, we'd be happy to bring you out of here with our ship." She gives the tiefling a stern stare. "No funny business, mind."

Ynge lacks the social skills to convince anyone of anything, but I feel she's obligated to at least make the offer.

Otherwise, unless someone can really win her over so that she divulges the locations of her allies, I think we've got what we can get from her.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

"Should we get back to exploring the ship? We still have that artifact to find."

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Is there something here we can use to tie her up? I don't like the idea of having this one at my back and loose.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

"We could shove her in the stasis pod. I think I can get it working."

I would stun her, but I suspect from earlier reactions that she has electrical resistance, so it would probably be a waste.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Ynge wrote:

"Snickerdoodle. Old family recipe." She rubs the tiefling's back. "I can't argue with you that the Drift is rather... violent. But it's done a lot of good for folks as well, bringing so many wonderful and strange aliens together. I'm sorry to hear that your starship was a victim to the Drift's rather fickle whims."

"If you and your team needs a way out, well..." She looks up at the others. "If you work with us at least a little, we'd be happy to bring you out of here with our ship." She gives the tiefling a stern stare. "No funny business, mind."

"Snicker-doodle?" the tiefling repeats the word slowly, as if trying it out. "You call your food a snicker-doodle and then tell me 'no funny business'? You are rather strange, Creature of Earth."

Flenn wrote:
"We could shove her in the stasis pod. I think I can get it working."

The "stasis" portion of the pod cannot readily be reactivated such that it would pod can still be programmed to remain closed for a programmed amount of time and it can be ventilated to allow any being within it to breathe any atmosphere within the ship.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn shoots her.

Pulsecaster rifle shot vs. EAC (flat-footed?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Pulsecaster rifle damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 E nonlethal

Crit!

crit damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 E nonlethal

He shoots her in the face. "Boring conversation ..." he mutters.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron flinches in shock, as Flenn unexpectedly shoots the tiefling woman standing just beside her.

Should she drop...:
Saeron drops to a knee to check on the woman's status.
Medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Should she react with hostility:
Saeron instinctively reaches out a hand to touch the tiefling woman, attempting to drain her of her vitality.
Fatigue, touch vs EAC (DC14 Fort negates): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

As the half-orc fires upon her the tiefling looks genuinely, well, shocked. This, despite her natural resistance to injury by way of electricity. However, the well-placed shot to the face managed to strike a metal piercing on her right eyelid. The conductivity of the metal added to the jolt causing the woman to drop near instantly and collapse, unconscious on the flooring of the deck.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Crouched over the fallen woman, Saeron checks her vitals. "Unconscious, but everything seems stable."

Looking up at the others, she asks, "Now what?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

Orrian instinctively flinches at Flenn's sudden shot. He does so again as the tiefling drops.

"I guess she's not going anywhere. Come on, we have to find Triune's tear or whatever it is we're looking for. Let's check the bridge. Maybe something up there."

Orrian begins to walk out of the room toward the forward end of the ship.

I moved Orrian into the hallway on the map.

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge catches the tiefling and lowers her to sit against the wall. "Flenn, that was really uncalled for. Poor girl might've been a religious zealot and perhaps also terrorist, but she's stuck here and probably quite frightened." She purses her lips, but relaxes at Saeron's assessment "Well, at least she's still stable."

"I'm right behind you Orrian." She follows Orrian out of the room and casts a careful eye over the larger room for any traps or ambushes.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

She keeps her gun-cane out and unsheathed, ready to disarm any other ne'er-do-wells.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The Starfinders see no threats nor anything unexpected from their present positions.

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan barely seems to register Orrian's scoundrel act. He makes his way to the bridge.

201 to 250 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valen's SFS 1-25 The Beacon Code (PbP) (October 2019) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.