GM Valen's SFS 1-25 The Beacon Code (PbP) (October 2019) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

Slides & Maps


251 to 300 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
GM Valen wrote:
The Starfinders see no threats nor anything unexpected from their present positions.

Not initially, anyways.

No badguys visible in the room.

This spacious area used to be divided up into smaller cargo holds, a kitchen, a bathroom, and the engineering bay, but the walls here have largely been destroyed, opening up the space.

There is a pile of refuse.

Perception check (DC 20) to search the refuse:
You locate a datapad hidden amid the stack.

An intact panel associated with the large energy barrier is accessible on this side.
Requires Computers or Engineering check (DC 18) to disable energy barrier.

Donovan Delacroix wrote:
Donovan barely seems to register Orrian's scoundrel act. He makes his way to the bridge.

The door to the bridge is closed.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri checks out the garbage!

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"Another data pad!"

She turns it on.

Computers, if needed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn walks into the room and heads over to a functional computer console. I think you said it was on the other side of the power core, but if there's a console in another location, feel free to position me there.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:9 Sense Motive:1

Orrian will open the door to his left (top) and look inside.

Percecption: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

While the others investigate the port-side door, Ynge heads up to the door to the bridge and places an ear to it. She tries to hear if there's any individuals on the other side waiting to spring an ambush.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan will check to see if the door to the bridge is locked. If it is, he'll spend some time in this area with the others. If it isn't, he'll open the door and go in.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

GM Rolls:

?, Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

The wizened dwarf does indeed here someone moving within the bridge as if setting up an ambush, as does the mercenary...

Perception & Initiative:

Donovan, Perception 25

Flenn, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Kaneeri, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Orrian, Perception 13

Saeron, Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Ynge, Perception 30

Donovan, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Flenn, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Kaneeri, Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Orrian, Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Saeron, Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Ynge, Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Human, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

As the door opens, a human woman (yellow) can be seen ducking behind a console with her pistol aimed at the door.

Map updated

COMBAT BEGINS

Surprise Round

PCs in bold may take a standard or move action

Orrian
Donovan
Human woman (yellow)
Ynge
Flenn
Kaneeri
Saeron

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

"It would be nice if, just once, someone wanted to talk, to make a deal." Donovan moves around the console to stand next to the woman (still with his sword out).


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

"No deals to be made." she snarls at the Starfinder. "Only one side’s making it off this ship alive and that my crew will be the ones to claim the prize."
Intimidate, dispiriting taunt: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Donovan is shaken for one round. You take a –2 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks while you have the shaken condition.

Surprise Round Cont'd/First Round Begins

PCs in bold may act

Kaneeri (may take a standard or move action)

First Full Round Begins
Orrian
Donovan (shaken)(make take a full round of actions)
Human woman (yellow)
Ynge
Flenn
Kaneeri
Saeron

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Ynge didn't get to act in the surprise round? Or was walking up to the door her action that round? Seemed like that happened before the awesome perception check.

Flenn glances over toward the bridge. "Huh? What's goin' on over there?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:9 Sense Motive:1

Should Orrian be acting in the first full round?


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Oops, sorry folks. Rushed through last pist.
CORRECTED:Surprise Round Cont'd/First Round Begins

PCs in bold may act

Ynge & Kaneeri (may each take a standard or move action)

First Full Round Begins
Orrian
Donovan
(shaken)(make take a full round of actions)
Human woman (yellow)
Ynge
Flenn
Kaneeri
Saeron

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:9 Sense Motive:1

Orrian moves into the room and fires his crossbolter at the woman.

Crossbolter: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Piercing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

"We knocked out your friend already. Why don't you give up and we can all get off this ship alive?"

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri moves up toward the bridge!

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge rushes forwards, gun-cane at the ready for any tricks from the mercenary. Single move in, for the surprise round action.

"Donovan, I ask myself that almost every mission. Far too much hostility at first blush." She gives the mercenary a firm glare.

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

"You had a chance. Now we have to take you down." Get'Em v yellow

Dueling Sword, converted: analog, shaken, get'em
v KAC: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 20 Slashing Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The half-elf's bolt is readily avoided, but the mercenary's sword cuts deep.

"Hold your blade, lover of the false Triune. Abate your pre-programming." the woman howls back. "Or else you will pay dearly for your insolence!"

Intimidate to demoralize: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Donovan is shaken for two rounds. You take a –2 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks while you have the shaken condition.

The human then tries to avoid being surrounded.

First Round Cont'd/Second Round Begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Ynge
Flenn
Kaneeri
Saeron

Second Round Begins
Orrian
Donovan
(shaken 2 rounds)
Human woman (yellow) -12 HP

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn heads toward the bridge, but then it seems far away, so he activates his jump jets. He peeks in the room to the south with the partially-open door as he passes.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Move action: Move 20 feet. Standard action: Move action w/ jump jets 30 feet. Repositioned on map.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron makes her way quickly toward the bridge, unshouldering her rifle. She moves behind the cover of nearest workstation, raising her rifle to point at the woman.

Double move

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan takes a cautious step to box the pirate in and makes a hesitant attack.

Dueling Sword, converted: analog, shaken, get'em
v KAC: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 14 Slashing Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge steps forwards with her gun-sword-cane, a frustrated frown on her face. "Be reasonable, will you!?" she snaps at the woman, before lashing out to knock any held weapon from her grip.

I'm just now realizing that you didn't describe what weapons she's wielding. If she's not armed, treat the following as a trip maneuver instead by subtracting 5 from the result.

Disarm attempt; vs KAC+8: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 See link for Disarm Rules

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:9 Sense Motive:1

Orrian reloads his crossbolter. move

"You'd better listen to her! Give up!"

Orrian readies to fire on the woman if she does anything other than surrender on her turn.

If needed

Spoiler:

Crossbolter: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri moves in and changes her static arc pistol to nonlethal damage, observing that her allies are trying not to kill the opponent.

She still juggles her weapons from hand to hand as she moves in.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The half-orc spots a series of crates in the aft-starboard corner of the room through the open door.

The lashunta and juggling skittermander also approach.

On the bridge, the human woman easily avoids the mercenary's blade and just barely manages to hold onto her cylindrical lens pistol as the dwarf attempts to disarm her.

Emboldened, the woman steps cautiously away from the Starfinder that surround her. "Those of you blinded by Triune's lies will not listen to reason."
Guarded step

The effort opens her up to a shot by the half-elf, whose bolt strikes deep.

The women then races past the half-orc and skittermander.
(which I believe each only have ranged weapons out; otherwise, each may take an AoO.
She then exits out the door that the half-orc had just entered.

GM Roll:

L, Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Second Round Cont'd/Third Round Begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Ynge
Flenn
Kaneeri
Saeron

Third Round Begins
Orrian

Donovan (shaken 1 rounds)
Human woman (yellow) -23 HP

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

"We've been trying to talk to you!" Saeron pleads. "It's you and your friend who have not been listening to reason."

Gasping as the woman flee from the room, Saeron recalls the traps and trouble the tiefling woman caused only a few moments before. Gotta stop her! she tells herself. Feeling the inner voice sneer, she shoves it down as she springs into action, dashing to the doorway the woman had just exited.

You WILL listen, she sends telepathically to the woman. Framed by the bridge's door, Saeron reaches out with her mind, honing it to a fine razor's edge, and jabs at the woman's consciousness.

Mind thrust, (DC15 Will, SR +1): 2d10 ⇒ (8, 5) = 13

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn strikes with the spear mounted on his pulsecaster rifle.

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
AoO damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He pulls the gun up, as his combat computer telemetry begins tracking the retreating enemy and he fires at her.

Pulsecaster shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Saeron provides cover?
Pulsecaster damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 E nonlethal

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan has a melee weapon out and should get an AoO as she leaves the threatened area.
Dueling Sword, converted: analog, shaken, get'em
v KAC: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 10 Slashing Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:9 Sense Motive:1

Orrian dashes to the south and reloads his crossbolter.

"We just have to keep telling these people..." he mutters as he tries to find a clear shot on the woman through Flenn and Saeron.

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge shakes her head. "Youths."

She moves back the way the group had come, preferring to circle around and hopefully catch the Ulon-following human before she slips into the aft portion of the ship.
Double moving aft-ward

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri tears after the fleeing opponent.

"Come back here, you bilge rat!"

trick attack, sleight of hand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
static arc pistol: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 + if trick attack hit: 1d6 ⇒ 1 E


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Will (DC 15): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
The woman shakes off the lashunta's mind assault.

The skittermander and half-orc each strike her with electrical energy.

As the fleeing, and now badly wounded woman, approaches the open door, the sound of another door opening, can be heard coming from the direction in which she is headed

Third Round Cont'd

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Orrian

Donovan (shaken 1 round)
Human woman (yellow) -40 HP
Ynge
Flenn
Kaneeri
Saeron

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan chases her down and swings.

Dueling Sword, converted: analogshaken
v KAC: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 2 = 10 Slashing Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

I found a brief opening, so here is a quick post.

Avoiding the mercenary's blade, the wounded woman runs through the open door into a nearby room with some urgency.

Third Round Cont'd/Fourth Round begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Ynge
Flenn
Kaneeri
Saeron

Fourth Round
Orrian

Donovan
Human woman (yellow) -40 HP (readied action)

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn activates his jump jets and flies 30 feet after her, then runs to get next to her. Two move actions. I assume she may do something when I come through that doorway, but I moved to the final location. Move me back if I'm stuck in the doorway.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri follows as well.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

As the half-orc jets through the doorway, he is met by a carbon steel curve blade being wielded by a large creature resembling a bear!
Melee, steel curve blade: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage (S): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

In his other, large paw, he is holding some sort of cobbled-together device.

The woman, prepared for company, fires two bolts of force at the Starfinder.
Magic missiles: 2d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 + 1 = 7

Bear now revealed on Map. Moved Flenn's token into doorway and Kaneeri's token behind it.

@ Kaneeri - Do the revealed villain, you may choose to ignore your last post and take different actions this round.

Third Round Cont'd/Fourth Round begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Ynge
Flenn -15 SP
Kaneeri
Saeron
Fourth Round
Orrian
Bear (blue)
Donovan
Human woman (yellow) -40 HP

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge advances after her allies, only to spot the furry arm of the giant weapon-wielding bear around the corner of the doorway. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to listen to reason? We outnumber the two of you by quite a large margin." She calls out her offer tentatively. Regardless of the response, she sticks the end of her cane around the corner and attempts a very difficult shot against the bear.

Electrified Gunbladecane - Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Static Arc Pistol damage (E, nonlethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ynge's Sniper's Aim feature: When you make a ranged attack against a target with cover, reduce the AC bonus from cover by 2. You can’t use sniper’s aim against an enemy with total cover.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The dwarf's sniper shot strikes the bear, but only bear-ly. The electric charge singes the bear's fur, exposing his bear skin, which the bear frankly finds em-bear-assing. Nevertheless, the bear finds the pain bear-able.

Fortunately the bear's singed wound, while now black, is not too grizzly.

Third Round Cont'd/Fourth Round begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Ynge
Flenn -15 SP
Kaneeri
Saeron
Fourth Round
Orrian
Bear (blue) -7 HP
Donovan
Human woman (yellow) -40 HP

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

You should be bear-y sorry for those.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:9 Sense Motive:1

Combat banter"Stupid ships. There's bear-ly any room to move around, let alone get a clear shot. So much better outside..." Orrian says, again to no one in particular, as he looks ahead to see literally several people standing between his current position and where the woman went. And now a bear?

Orrian double moves past everyone to a door at the end of the hallway. Maybe there'll be a way around back, but even if there isn't at least he's got a relatively clear shot of the doorway if anything comes through it next turn.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron moves forward, positioning herself close by, ready to lend a hand.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri rounds the corner, juggling her weapons, and fires at the now revealed bear.

trick attack, sleight of hand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
static arc pistol: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 + if trick attack hit: 1d6 ⇒ 1 E


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The skittermander places several volts into the bear as the other Starfinders approach.

Mysticism (DC 15+) to identify bear:

This is an uplifted bear soldier. Uplifted animals are nonsapient creatures modified to increase their cognitive ability to full self-awareness, and sometimes to also make their physical forms better able to manipulate tools. Uplifted bears are among the most common uplifted animals, although who uplifted them and how are details lost to the Gap.

"You hurt, Captain. I hurt you!" cries the furry creature as his blade bears down on the nearest Starfinder.
Melee (carbon steel curve blade), full attack v. Flenn: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 4 = 12
Damage (S): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Melee (carbon steel curve blade), full attack v. Flenn: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 4 = 18
Damage (S): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

His blade cuts deep into the half-orc.

Fourth Round Cont'd

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Orrian
Bear (blue) -11 HP
Donovan
Human woman (yellow) -40 HP
Ynge
Flenn -13 SP | -8 HP
Kaneeri
Saeron

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan moves into the room (accepting the AoO) "Don't worry, Flenn. We're here for you." Inspiring Boost +11 SP.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

CORRECTION OF LAST ROUND: Read wrong stat block earlier. No magic missiles. Correction follows. Flenn's damage also corrected below.

GM Valen wrote:
The woman, prepared for company, fires two bolts of force at the Starfinder.

Having been stripped of her firearm, the woman spits at the newly-arrived half-orc. "Here is the rest of my crew." she says pointing to the large bear-creature. "Now, you are can meet your deity face to face."

Intimidate, quick dispiriting taunt: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

THIS ROUND:

Donovan Delacroix wrote:
Donovan moves into the room (accepting the AoO) "Don't worry, Flenn. We're here for you."

The brutish bear takes a swipe at the Starfinder.

Melee (carbon steel curve blade), v. Donovan: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage (S): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

His blade cuts deep into the human.

The woman steps back to the aft area of the room, drawing a small, cylindrical object into her hand.

Fourth Round Cont'd/Fifth Round Begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Ynge
Flenn -2 SP | -1 HP (shaken for 1 round)
Kaneeri
Saeron

Round Five
Orrian
Bear (blue) -11 HP
Donovan -13 SP
Human woman (yellow) -40 HP (readied action)

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn screams as attacked by the bear. "Son of a -- ARG!" Through gritted teeth, he says, "Someone head her off the other way ..."

Move action: Designate bear as target for combat tracking. Standard action: Attack.

Spear attack, shaken: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5
spear damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:9 Sense Motive:1

Orrian mutters a curse to himself in elven as he opens a door to reveal a lavatory.

"I'll go try to head her off!" he shouts back to Flenn, already moving to the port side of the ship where he knows there's a way aft. "This might take a little bit but I'll get back as soon as I can!"

Move 1: Open door to bathroom. Move 2: Move 30 feet.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

Seeing the traffic and commotion on the other side of the door, Saeron bites her lip in uncertainty.

Taking a steadying breath, she reacges a decision and extends a hand and points toward the open door. A momemt later, a glowing orb appears between her allies and the unseen foe.

Casts Wisp Ally (Duration: 3/3)

Wayfinders

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Not seeing a clear spot inside the room any longer, Ynge fires once more around the corner with her cane.

Electrified Gunbladecane - Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Static Arc Pistol damage (E, nonlethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

When that doesn't prove particularly effective, she says "Flenn would you be a dear and give me a spot of room? I think it's past time I denied this fellow his right to bear arms."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:4/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:9 Sense Motive:1

Now Ynge is going to cut off the bear's arms?!

251 to 300 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valen's SFS 1-25 The Beacon Code (PbP) (October 2019) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.