GM Valen's SFS 1-25 The Beacon Code (PbP) (October 2019) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

Slides & Maps


301 to 342 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Sorry, first tume using that spell and was posting in a hurry, so I missed that I could do this action this round.

The orb of light swirls in distracting loops around the bear, its light illuminating the target better for the Starfinders.

Harrying Fire: +2 for next ally to attack bear.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri takes advantage of the wisp ally and tries to fool the bear!

trick attack, sleight of hand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
attack, harrying fire: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
static arc pistol: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + if trick attack hit: 1d6 ⇒ 2 E


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

None the Starfinders' attacks hit their mark, though the skittermander's tricky juggling gives the bear paws!

Ynge wrote:
"I think it's past time I denied this fellow his right to bear arms."

"I will not discuss politics!" cries the bear. "It is too divisive!"

"Now," he continues, "Let us go back to discussing religion."

He swings his blade at one of the Starfinders before him, crying, "For the One True Machine God!"

1 Donovan, 2 Flenn: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Melee (carbon steel curve blade): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Damage (S): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

His blade slashes into the human. The bear, confident in his prowess, then moves back towards his ally.
Donovan and Flenn may take AoOs.

Once the bear has opened an avenue, the woman hurls the cylindrical grenade she was holding towards Flenn.
frag grenade II, range: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Explode (P): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

@ Donovan, Flenn, Kaneeri, Saeron, & Ynge - You may each make a Reflex save (DC 15) to take half damage.
@ Ynge - You gain a +8 bonus to the Reflex save due to cover.

Fifth Round Cont'd/

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Round Five
Orrian
Bear (blue) -11 HP
Donovan -22 SP (May take AoO; Make Reflex save)
Human woman (yellow) -40 HP
Ynge (Make Reflex save at +8)
Flenn -2 SP | -1 HP (May take AoO; Make Reflex save)
Kaneeri (May take AoO; Make Reflex save)
Saeron (May take AoO; Make Reflex save)

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan lashes out at the bear as it retreats before ducking behind the desk for cover and summoning his Called weapon, dropping the sword in the process. "Put that bear down." he commands the others (Get'Em!) before firing at the bear, hoping to take him down.

Dueling Sword, converted: analog
v KAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Slashing Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Laser Rifle, Azimuth, called: get'em
v EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15 Fire Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The human's lunge at the bear misses. However, his rifle fire catches the bear.

The woman draws a second cylindrical grenade and tosses it at the same location as before.

frag grenade II, range: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 25
Explode (P): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

@ Donovan - Please make a second Reflex save to take half damage.
@ , Kaneeri, Saeron, & Ynge - Please make a pair of Reflex save (DC 15) to take half damage from each blast.
@ Ynge - You gain a +8 bonus to each Reflex save due to cover.

Fifth Round Cont'd/Sixth Round Begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Ynge (Make 2 Reflex saves at +8)
Flenn -2 SP | -1 HP (May take AoO; Make 2 Reflex saves)
Kaneeri (Make 2 Reflex saves)
Saeron (Make 2 Reflex saves)
Round Six
Orrian
Bear (blue) -21 HP
Donovan -25 SP (Make second Reflex save)
Human woman (yellow) -40 HP

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

The orb of light continues its flitting orbit of the bear, following it across the room. (Harrying Fire: +2 for next ally to attack bear)

Reflex 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Reflex 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

With the ongoing attacks the party is facing, Saeron closes her eyes, turns her focus inward. Drawing on the energies from the objects around her, she sends them shooting out like a blast around her.

Healing Channel: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 2, 6, 4) = 19 HP all allies within 30ft: 1RP, Standard action

Wisp: Automatically follows, Duration Remaining: 2/3)

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Sorry, Healing Channel is full round.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Reflex 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Evasion!

Reflex 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Boo.

"My fur! It's singed! Oh no!" Kaneeri aims her weapon at the woman who threw the grenades.

trick attack, sleight of hand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
static arc pistol: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + if trick attack hit: 1d6 ⇒ 3 E


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

The skittermander's honed hands distract the woman and the Starfinder's shot drops her to the ground.

Fifth Round Cont'd/Sixth Round Begins

PCs in bold may take a full round of actions

Ynge (Make 2 Reflex saves at +8)
Flenn -2 SP | -1 HP (May take AoO; Make 2 Reflex saves)
Kaneeri -9 SP
Saeron -9 SP
Round Six
Orrian
Bear (blue) -21 HP
Donovan -28 SP
Human woman (yellow) -46 HP

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 6 = 23
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 6 = 20

Ynge uses the doorframe to shield herself from the shrapnel, then listens in as the bear retreats. Quietly, she murmurs "Trying to back away, are they? Well, no sense running into their trap."

She heads toward the aft of the ship by way of the port-side hallway.
Double move

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

AoO Spear attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
CRIT!
Spear damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12 P

Flenn stabs his rifle-mounted spear at the retreating bear, then his eyes go wide as two grenades are hurled at him.

Reflex 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 3 dmg
Reflex 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 5 dmg ... -10 SP total. Updated my stat line

Flenn is about to focus on the woman, but as she falls, he shrugs and retains his targeting on the bear.

Full attack
Pulsecaster attack 1 vs. EAC: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 4 = 15
Pulsecaster damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Pulsecaster attack 2 vs EAC: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 4 = 16
1d1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

If it makes any difference, Flenn gets +2 on first attack due to wisp's Harrying Fire.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

I think the harrying fire only applies to the next person to make an attack, so wasn't sure if I got it or not. I think the one from last turn would have applied to Donovan's last attack, and the one this turn would apply to Orrian.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

It's a bit tricky when using initiative blocks - I was going with the the trend of posts being resolved in order of posting. I think Kaneeri took the bonus last round, and I had understood Flenn to be the first to attack the bear since Saeron's turn. I coukd be wrong though, it has happened (many times) before!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:5/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

Orrians nods as he sees Ynge following around. "I'll see if I can cut them off," he says before taking off toward the aft end of the ship.

Orrian double moves to reach the door about 50 feet away.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

I didn't note it in the damage section, but I did specify that my electric arc pistol was set to nonlethal earlier in the combat, so the woman is unconscious.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Reacting quickly to the bear, the half-orc cripples the creature with his spear. As it lumbers back, Flenn zaps the bear with a powerful jolt, yet the creature keeps on coming. The fast-thinking half-orc unleashes a second jolt.

The shock makes the bear's fur stand up on end before the creature falls face-forward to the deck plating with a massive **THUD**!

COMBAT OVER

Looking around the now quiet room, you see that the workstations in this area are somewhat intact but mostly empty. Empty boxes litter the floor, the tattered labels of which identify them as having once contained various chemical reagents and other supplies for experimentation. A circular lab table sits toward the aft.

If you search the woman:
You find the following: basic lashunta tempweave, sledge, and a credstick (73 credits).

If you search the bear:
You find on its person the following: reinforced EVA suit II, a carbon steel curve blade, a tactical rail gun with 25 longarm rounds, a frag grenade II, a web grenade I, and a credstick (720 credits).

Perception (DC 18) to search the room:
You find a datapad, appearing to have belonged to the science officer, stowed between several of the scattered boxes. In contains the following message: "The repairs to the pod have made it at least livable, in my estimation. I still worry that it is impossible for anyone to find."

The science officer’s datapad also contains notes about how in the final days of the starship’s operation, the crew members moved some of the materials to the medical bay to perform separate experiments, noting several small explosions that resulted from the subsequent trials.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Looking around the room, Flenn finds a datapad. "Looks like these blokes were doin' some dangerous experiments." He passes the pad around for others to look at.

He then makes sure the two unconscious enemies are relieved of their weapons and credsticks. He glances at the bear's reinforced EVA suit II and says, "Anyone wants this, we may have to take it in a couple of sizes ... I got no use for the sledge or curve blade, but can use the grenades and the rail gun, if no one else wants them."

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Going around, Ynge is the last to arrive to see the two fallen "religious extremists". "Oh dear, did you knock them unconscious? I'm quite certain our friends back at the Lorespire would love to know more about their god, and I'm sure these three would love to not be dead." She joins the others in disarming the woman and bear before turning to searching the room with Flenn.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"Hmm, this pod they're talking about in this message... if it's something they made livable but hidden, maybe someone from the original crew is still alive in stasis inside? Wouldn't that be a wonderful surprise?"

Is the note signed by "Red", "Jarzi" or "Zantik", the names of crew members we learned about earlier?

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

Donovan strips them of weapons, armor, and gear. If there's an escape pod, he'll place them in there. If not, any room he can lock will do for now.

"Mother Ynge, would you be so kind as to watch over this bunch and keep them from getting into trouble? We'll search the rest of the ship for what we came for. Let them know, that, if they can behave, they can get a ride back to civilization with us."
Donovan will start his search on the bridge after taking a rest (10 minute, spend 1RP)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Flenn shakes his head at Ynge. "We looked at the stasis pod already. Didn't have anybody in it."

He walks over to Donovan. "Let's see what we can do about those scratches." He pulls out his basic medkit and begins tending to Donovan's wounds.

Medicine: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Blah ... would need 5 assists to hit 25.

After about a minute of providing aid, Flenn shrugs. "Yeah, well, you'll be fine then." He then sits down and rests.

Spending 1 RP to regain SP

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

@Donovan (and anyone else ion need): I got a bit lost with everyone's HP status during the fight, but Saeron did channel healing good for 19 HP, that would have hit everyone in the party, except for possibly Orrian.

Joining the others in the starboard room, Saeron gets her first good look at the bear creature.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"Oh!" her eyes widen in surprise. "An uplifted bear! I've not seen one in the fle- uh, fur, before." She approaches for a closer look, checking the vitals of both bear and woman, stabilizing them if needed.

Sitting back on her heels, where she is crouched by beside the pair, she explains, "It's still unknown who... "uplifted"... them or how it was done." A sadness passes over her face. "Although it's not hard to guess why.," she adds looking over the hulking frame, powerful limbs and razor sharp claws, a hint of bitterness to her voice.

The lashunta nods at Ynge's words, an excitement entering her voice at the prospect. "Imagine that! Someone still alive after hundreds of years!" She looks around at the gathered crew and adding more quietly. "Bringing another Starfinder home." She almost breathes the last word.

She takes the datapad when it is passed to her, glancing over the scientist's notes. Her brow furrowed in thought, she joins her companions in a short rest. (1RP for SP)

"Anyone remember seeing any schematics of the Amber Reconnoiter amongst all those notes we dug up back at the 'Spire?" she ventures after a few moments of thought.

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 to recall information, if needed/appropriate

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals
Saeron Kasari wrote:
Sitting back on her heels, where she is crouched by beside the giles .pair, she explains, "It's still unknown who... "uplifted"... them or how it was done." A sadness passes over her face. "Although it's not hard to guess why.," she adds looking over the hulking frame, powerful limbs and razor sharp claws, a hint of bitterness to her voice.

Flenn nods. "Aye ... Unicycle riding."

Saeron Kasari wrote:
"Anyone remember seeing any schematics of the Amber Reconnoiter amongst all those notes we dug up back at the 'Spire?" she ventures after a few moments of thought.

Flenn thinks, "Crazy ysoki and his hatred of plain, easily-searchable datafiles ..." Instead Flenn searches his own memories ... which, thanks to his exocortex, have a good file structure.

Engineering (recall): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Ynge wrote:
Is the note signed by "Red", "Jarzi" or "Zantik", the names of crew members we learned about earlier?

The message on the datapad that the half-orc recovered from the pile of refuse is signed by the cook and occasional science officer of the crew of the Amber Reconnoiter, Jarzi.

The recovered datapad is similar to that containing a message and access code from the engineer of the crew of the Amber Reconnoiter, Dayn.

It is also similar to another datapad found among some refuse, which was activated by the skittermander just before the skirmish with the woman on the bridge. Viewing that datapad reveals that it contains logs about the crew’s missions as entered by Captain Zantik of the Amber Reconnoiter. In addition to the log entries, the datapad also contains a module secured behind a firewall.

Computers (DC 18) to bypass the firewall:
In the secured module, the captain wrote about a strange artifact the crew found while adrift after the planar impact. The captain notes that the artifact is in a hidden compartment near their station on the bridge, accessible by a hidden lever at the base of the captain's chair.

Donovan Delacroix wrote:
Donovan will start his search on the bridge after taking a rest

Donovan searches the bridge on his own, but finds nothing of note.

Saeron Kasari wrote:
["Anyone remember seeing any schematics of the Amber Reconnoiter amongst all those notes we dug up back at the 'Spire?" she ventures after a few moments of thought.

The lashunta recalls that most ships of the era of the Amber Reconnoiter were equipped with an short-range escape pod. The half-orc, drawing upon his exocortex to reproduce a schematic of the vessel, confirms that an escape pod has been detached from the ship a significant time ago. Unfortunately, he concludes that tracing its location would almost certainly be an impossible task with the information presently available.

A pair of crew quarters and the gunner's cockpit still remain unexplored.

If you explore the crew quarters:

These rooms have remained surprisingly intact through the years. On one of the beds is a datapad. Once activated, it is clear that the datapad belonged to an agent "Red" and that it, too, contains a secure data module behind a firewall.

With a successful Computers check (DC 15), a PC may bypass the firewall and view the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
In this data module is a code that can be inputted into a keypad.

With a successful Perception check (DC 15), a PC can search the crew quarters more thoroughly and view the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
You find a locked chest underneath one of the beds labeled with the name, Dayn, the ship’s haan engineer.
To open requires a Break (DC 28), Engineering (DC 30) or inflicting sufficient damage.

Perception (DC 21) to explore the gunner's cockpit:
You find a cleverly integrated keypad in the floor near the gunner’s cockpit, which requires an access code to open. Next to it are scrawled the letters, "R-E-D".

Exo-Guardians

Ammo:
Laser Rifle 20/20 (bat x2); Arc Pistol 10/10 (bat x2); Semi-Auto Pistol 9/9 (sa round exp x9)
Human Mercenary Envoy 5| Sta 35/35 HP 34/34 RP 6/6| EAC 19 KAC 19| Fo +4 Re +8 Wi +4| Init +4 Percep +6|

We'll explore the whole ship. Take 20 if we can. No reason to rush things.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

Computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Flenn walks into the bridge, then pulls a hidden lever at the base of the captain's chair. "Well, lookee what we've got here."

He also hacks the datapad found in the crew quarters.

Computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"Got us a keycode here ... Can't tell where it goes to, so keep your eyes peeled."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

He glances in the gunner's cockpit. "Yeah, doesn't look like there's anything in here ..."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:5/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

Orrian's also a fan of going back through the ship thoroughly taking 20 but will glance through both the crew quarters and gunner's cockpit.

Percption: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

From the crew quarters, "Hey everyone, there's some kind of locked chest under one of these beds. Anybody give me a hand opening it?"

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

From the gunner's cockpit, "There's a keycode here. With 'R-E-D' written next to it. Maybe '7-3-3'?" Orrian enters the code (assuming it's a numerical keypad).

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Happy to spend as much time needed, if permitted.

"What did you find?" Saeron asks Flenn and Orrian, looking over their discoveries.

"Maybe the keycode matches the key pad in the gunner's cockpit? They both seemed linked to Red?" she speculates.

She calls the code over the comms for Orrian to try.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:5/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

Orrian tries that code, too.

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge crosses her arms as she watches over the trio of knocked-out folks. The news the others bring her is somewhat heartening. "At least someone managed to escape. Though, I would dearly like to know for sure that they survived in their pod." As for the code chasing, she adds "Red was their gunner-ysoki after all. Maybe it's just the letters of their name."

Looks like you guys have nailed all the critical perception checks. Sounds like we do need someone to Engineering the coffer open.

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

If I can take 20 on unlocking the chest, that'll get me to 32.


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Using the second code provided by the lashunta, the half-elf manages to gain access to the "Red's" hidden stash, which contains a weapon fusion seal as well as a small holographic display unit that projects messages and photos from "Red's" friends and family from her home world of Akiton.

Within crewman "Red's" datapad, the following entry can also be found:
"It’s been a couple of days—I think?—since we’ve been drifting in the Drift, and I’m getting restless. I’ve suggested to the crew that
we should just get in the escape pod and fly off. After all, it beats just sitting here and dying a slow death anyhow."

Searching the remainder of the ship, among the crates in the aft-starboard corner of one of the rooms is an imperial conquest strategy game, a basic drum set, several pairs of small gloves,and a minor muon crystal.

Finally, utilizing the information obtained from the datapad once owned by Captain Zantik, the party has no trouble sliding back a hidden panel beneath the captain’s chair that reveals a hidden relic. The relic seems to be a metallic sphere, about 2 feet in diameter and covered in a layer of grime. It’s extraordinarily resilient, resisting any tinkering or abuse applied to it. The sphere’s exact use or purpose is unclear at this time.

With the trespassers defeated and secured, with the relic reclaimed, and after having explored the Amber Reconnoiter as much as desired, the party is free to exit and spacewalk back to the ship. While likely to be slow going with the cultists in tow, the clearing of much of the debris and the lack of any space cuttles looks to allow the party to return to their ship and then head onto Absalom Station without much difficulty.

Pausing here for a day to allow for additional actions aboard the Amber Reconnoiter.

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

At the end of the day, Ynge is happy to be back on the ship with not only her team in one piece but a handful of misguided kids still alive and in tow. She checks and double checks that the three captives are well restrained but otherwise comfortable, then returns to the bridge where she brews herself some nice tea and settles in for the return trip.

"That was tidily done. Though our little metal ball seems an innocuous little artifact to have our captives up in arms. I wonder what our friends back at the Lorespire will have to say about it?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:5/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

"All that trouble for this?" Orrian says, looking at the metallic sphere. "I thought for sure there was going to be some inter-dimensional gate leading to a new realm of horrors, but this... isn't so bad."

"And, I guess if Triune wanted us to the find it, we've completed our mission, right? Maybe they'll know more about it back home."

Dataphiles

Male NG half-orc cyberborn mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 23/24 | RP 5/6 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Pulsecaster Rifle: 40/40 | Active conditions: Environmental Seals

"You'd be surprised how crazy people can get over some little useless bauble ..."


Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma

Back at the Lorespire Complex, the returning Starfinders are asked to bring the artifact to the Starscape Chamber while the "misguided kids" are taken aside for questioning.

Upon arriving at the room, you are met by Venture-Captain Naiaj as well as MP-8, the mechanical devotee to Triune.

"Greetings!" exclaims MP-8 as you arrive at the Starscape Chamber. "I look forward to seeing what you have recovered."

"And I look forward to learning what happened to the crew of the Amber Reconnoiter," notes the gnome Venture-Captain. "Thank you for your fine exploration work. Now, what have you to report?"

Wayfinders

Female Dwarf Soldier 4 | SP 25/32 HP 34/34 RP 7/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 | F +5 R +6 W +7 (+2 pois./spell/SLA) | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Status: -none-

Ynge nods to Naiaj "Everyone back in one piece, safe and sound, and a few extras in tow. Everyone in the team you assembled were quite wonderful, dear. Very capable young folk."

"As for the Amber Reconnoiter, well, they left behind quite the bevy of messages for us. I'm sure one of my sharp-minded teammates can tell you the full story, or correct me if I remember it wrong. My memory isn't quite what it used to be." She gives a small smile to Naiaj "It seems the crew of the Reconnoiter struck some planar debris while in the Drift. After exploring the debris, they found the metal ball artifact that our dear SRO friend would so love to have. After some experiments on their ship went wrong and damaged the ship, they used the ship's escape pod to get away."

"They're long gone now, but I hope that they found their way somewhere safe."

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (10/10) | Azimuth pistol (20/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: -

Making her way back safely aboard their vessel, Saeron releases a breath she hadn't realised she had been holding. Uncoupling her personal comm from her armour, she takes the opportunity to capture a departing pic of the ruins and debris.

Turning away, she runs an eye over her companions, feeling a sense of pride at what they have accomplished. On a whim, she snaps another pic of the group returning, triumphant; the artifact and 'misguided kids' in tow.

You know, you do deserve this, she thinks, smiling as she nods in satisfaction, the doubting inner voice silent for a change.

"See? No divine avatars or interventions after all," she says to Orrian during the return journey through the Drift. Smiling wryly, she adds, "It will sure be nice to get back home."

During the debriefing, the lashunta stands back, deferring to Ynge's experience and calming presence, only interjecting where the others may have left something out.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Elf Colonist Soldier/Starfinder Forerunner 3 | Spd:30 | SP: 27/27, HP:25/25, RP:5/5 | EAC:17 KAC:19 | Init +8 | Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:4 | Per:+9 Sense Motive:+1 | Ammo
Spoiler:
Heavy [Clip 1 20/40; Clip 2 40/40; Clip 3-6 40/40]

Orrian says very little during the debrief - nothing, actually, unless specifically called on. Despite his lack of input, he seems more at ease now that the group is back at Absalom Station.

Acquisitives

Female CN skittermander space pirate operative (thief) 3 | SP 9/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc:+9, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Kaneeri confirms Ynge's explanation, adding a surprising level of technical detail where appropriate.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Duskmire Accord 9 | Beacon Code Dilemma
Ynge wrote:
"They're long gone now, but I hope that they found their way somewhere safe."

"As do I, Ynge." Naiaj notes grimly. "Being a Starfinder has always had its hazards. I am glad, however, that you have not only returned back unharmed, but also successful. You are indeed all quite, how did Ynge put it? Ah, yes. 'Capable'. Well done, Starfinders."

As Naiaj addresses the Starfinders, MP-8 wheels up to the artifact and examines it, feeling around its sides. Its eye dims in concentration for a moment, and then its eye reactivates with an air of disappointment.

“Strange." states the mechanical marvel. " This artifact has been lost for so long, one would think its technologies would be rudimentary at best, but there seems to be some sort of advanced, multilayered encryption protecting whatever is inside. What could it be...?”

MP-8 backs away from the artifact. “This is beyond my capabilities to handle. I suppose we will have to table the analysis for the time being.” It turns to Naiaj. “I trust that the church will be able to count on the Society on this matter again in the future? It is a bit disturbing to me that a Society vessel on the brink of death would be so cavalier as to simply vacuum up such an important relic without a thought.”

Naiaj bristles but then closes her eyes and sighs. “I find it disturbing that you would disrespect the memory of the crew without a thought, given that without their sacrifice, we wouldn’t even have this relic in the first place.”[b] She reopens her eyes and bears a tight-lipped smile. [b]“But I suppose that’s neither here nor there at this point. We have the relic now, and believe me, we are just as interested as you in this find, if not more so."

Naiaj and MP-8 exchange looks for a few moments, then gnome concludes, "I suppose we have no choice but to work together again. The Society will keep the relic safe in the meantime.”

MP-8 nods. “Until we meet again.”

FIN

Thanks again for playing, folks! I will get the chronicles out next week and post the link in the Discussion thread.

To all who may be celebrating, a very Happy Thanksgiving to you!

301 to 342 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valen's SFS 1-25 The Beacon Code (PbP) (October 2019) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.