PBP GD VIII - The Jarlsblood Witch Saga - Regular (Inactive)

Game Master Helikon

Maps & Handouts


201 to 218 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Is there something here we can take to show to help our story?

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

The axe and the horn had inscriptions that gave some info on the tale. We also have a linnorm skeleton that we can show them. Is Tolvi gone, or is her ghost still around?

Re: the curse. I assume this is the Linnorm Death curse? I have remove curse and an open 3rd level slot - If I haven't used it by the end of the scenario, I'll try to remove the curse with that.


Kolvi is gone... her purpose fulffilled.
You have linnorm bones and some items.


So you return. The trip is thankfully uneventful.
Final Act
DISPELLING THE LEGEND
When you return to Frostbreach, the townsfolk are abuzz about reports of the strange combat in the sky as well as your recent exploits—or at least those exploits as processed by the town’s rumor mill. With emotions running high, the town council calls a meeting to learn what you were doing. The Trolltooths and Coalbraids attend in force, each
anxious about what you might say and how this could cause the other family to lose face.
Please present your findings.
To give testemony you need to make diplomacy or perform oratory rolls.
To explain facts Diplomacy or the relevant knowledge roll.

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

The usually quiet monk offers up the armor of the guards found in the cave, along with their poem. "These men had time to understand the events of the time. Had they been struck down with witchcraft, there would not have been an opportunity provided to them. We bring these items so they may be reunited with their ancestors. If you would rather, we can bring them to Absolom so the story of their bravery and importance to history can be chronicled."

History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Van has none of the skills offered, so he will aid in someone's presentation.'

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley will show everyone attended some of the artifacts they gathered - the horn, armor, and axe, as well as some fragments of the Linnorm skeleton. He'll also recount the bits of the tale we learned from the Fey, and what Kolvi herself told us, and how we witnessed Kolvi slaying the Linnorm spirit over and over, and fill in the gaps with relevenat historical bits from his own knowledge.

Kn History: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

Oira wracks her withered brain to think of something to contribute. She listens well, thinking of gaps in the stories of her allies, hoping to fill some of them in with her own expertise. Of course, this town isn't looking to be set on fire, nor is it aching to be converted into a shanty town filled with pesh addicts, so the task is well above her areas of expertise.

"Shut up."

She says, to no one in particular, the weight of her loneliness and slowly creeping madness coming into sharp focus.

"Grmrg." she mumbles, thinking better of it. Then, she focuses her attention to the matter at hand. "It's clear that Kolvi was trapped in an eternal duel with the linnorm's spirit, keeping it down and away from all of you. Such a dfate is reserved only for people who were dedicated to their task in life, and were willing to carry it on in death. Really, you all should be thankful for her vigilance."

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Oh, dear. She should have focused on the job.

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

I can't remember, did we convince the witch lady in the forest to come talk to people in town?

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

No. We have reason to think they wouldn't listen.

Quote:
“You think that the Ulfen people would trust the word of fey? No matter how intriguing I find your cultures, there is a gap in how we understand each other. To the people of Frostbreach, I am merely a capricious forest spirit and Moss-on-SouthTrees is a malevolent elk.”


What else do you present as evidence?
Because so far the people are not swayed?

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley attempts to fill in some holes in the story to furhter convince the crowd,

Furthermore, there is no curse on the village - most of the happenings that are attributed to the Witch are actual some local fey. There is a forest spirit and a powerful fey-elk who assisted Alvard in slaying a Linnorm. They were enraged what he reneged on his end of the deal, and took their vengeance when Alvard entered their territory to kill Kolvi. It was they who killed the King. And it was they who create the blizzards and ice magic that is attributed, wrongly, to Kolvi. It is they who are responsible for the disappearing travelers.

If you still remain unconvinced, we'd be happy to lead a group of you to the burial cairns we found so you can inspect them yourself.

Kn Nature to describe the fey we encountered: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Is that enough to convince them? Anyone else have another bit of info or skill check to offer up?

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

Well, we have recounted the events with the fey, pointed out that they were NOT killed by magic, brought a linorm scale and returned some of their old weapons & armor. Maybe we should convince the Fey spirit lady to come to town anyway?


Give me one good diplomacy roll and it is over!

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

"What my companions have presented is the truth. You have my word as a fellow Ulfen that this is so."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

I'm going to assume that diplomacy check is good enough and that we're pretty much done with the mod. I'll go ahead and brew up an extract of remove curse and try to remove this pesky linnorm curse myself.

I have to beat the save DC of the curse with a CL check in order to succeed:

Remove Curse: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Remove Curse, Reroll 1 Star: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19


And with that we conclude the adventure.
I will issue the chronicles tomorrow!

201 to 218 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP GD VIII - The Jarlsblood Witch Saga - Regular All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.