PBP GD VIII - The Jarlsblood Witch Saga - Regular (Inactive)

Game Master Helikon

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Please dot and delete!


You all received a letter from Lady Gloriana. See Handout 1
Morilla is asking you to begin your journey to Iceferry, a small town just across the river from Kalsgard, the largest city in the Lands
of the Linnorm Kings. Your trip to Iceferry is smooth. As you are disembarking, a gnome Pathfinder named Lirall energetically hails you.
Bundled in furs and scarves, she holds her waving arm at the elbow with her other hand as if trying to push her flailing hand higher in the air to get the your attention. She introduces herself, states that the venture-captain is expecting them, and offers to take them through the snow-dusted streets to the local lodge.
Just inside the double doors of the large home, Lirall heads to a panel of pulleys near the entrance, each colorcoded cord labeled with a tag. She sorts through them for a moment before pulling the one labeled “Map Room,” causing several small flags in that room to flap and signal the
venture-captain that he has guests. A husky cheerfully howls a response, and Bjersig Torrsen calls out with a throaty voice, “Please come in, friends. Mahki and
I have been expecting you.” Lirall follows as the you enter.
Bjersig is a confident half-orc man wearing a dark tunic and breeches.
Venture-Captain Bjersig Torrsen leans over a large desk and studies several aged pages, and the dog Mahki eagerly weaves
among the visitors to give each a sniff. “I trust your travels werepleasant,” begins Bjersig as he looks up to weigh the new faces,
punctuating certain words or phrases with hand signs. “I am Bjersig Torrsen, head of this lodge. You know Lirall, and Mahki is
already introducing himself.”
He moves a parchment toward the front of his desk. “An early Pathfinder agent named Eylysia chronicled an unnamed colleague’s
investigation of a feud between two families. Centuries ago, it began with accusations of witchcraft and a gruesome execution,
and the two have clashed ever since. However, the families chased off Eylysia’s colleague, and it appears someone hid these records
so that a later generation might investigate the incident when the wounds were less fresh. Other agents discovered the records
recently and sent them to me, and I have cross-referenced them with local histories here at the lodge. I believe I have a lead.”
With that, he strides over to a large map hanging on the wall, points to a pin stuck into a settlement labeled “Frostbreach,” and
continues. “Eylysia’s friend was investigating legends of Kolvi: the so-called Jarlsblood Witch, a warrior executed for using ice magic
to kill a king. Legends say she was untouched by winter and was ferociously strong, so she set out to slay a linnorm and become
a linnorm king. The reigning linnorm king followed her with his boon companions, and a terrible blizzard struck. Days later, Kolvi
returned with the king’s frozen head. The town branded her a traitor, a witch, and an Irriseni sympathizer, sentencing her to
death and using her maimed corpse to create a terrible effigy. The tales say that her body disappeared only a few days afterward,
which the local folk took as further sign of her supernatural malice.
“Frostbreach is only a shadow of the town it once was a few centuries ago. Even Kolvi’s relatives have taken on a new surname—
Trolltooth—and without Eylysia’s records, I might not have knownwhich family’s reputation Gloriana wanted investigated and
restored. I ask that you take the Path of Aganhei and travel to Frostbreach. Explore the town and surrounding area, and interview
the people. Confirm what truths you can, debunk the rest, and follow whatever promising leads you find. I recognize that proving
the Trolltooth family innocent would be best for the Society, but I leave it up to you to find the real truth, not the most convenient.”

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

"Apart from the family, are there any specific leads in the town of Frostbreach? I don't suppose there's a hall of records or the like there?"

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

A tall skinny man wearing a long coat and a bandoleer filled with vials stands in front of you. His hair is unkempt, and there are noticeable singe marks all over his clothing.

Quite the mystery here! Do you know anything else of the politics of the town? Would hate to accidentally offend someone and make our investigation harder...

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 1/8] [non-lethal taken: 8/56]

The Ulfen man clad in a hooded cloak with a Cold Iron morningstar hanging from his hip and a pale, cool mist constantly clinging to his body clears his throat and asks..."What is the name of the other family so we may take extra precautions not to alert them as to our purpose in Frostbreach. They may hinder our progress in defense of their part in the past event."

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

A quite Taldan man in monks robes stands at the rear of the room, a large bow strapped to his quiver. He tried several times to introduce himself, but he was never able to hold anyone's attention long enough to speak for any length of time.

They all seem to know what is happening. Best I should let them all sort this out.


Torrsen looks first at Vayon and replies.
"“Frostbreach is a very self-sufficient town, so we do not see many of their traders here in town. However, I was able to learn about one
of the living descendants of the Trolltooth family who might be able to help you when you arrive. Her name is Eigma, and she runs the local leatherworking shop there.”

To Ridley he replies:"I do not know."
Glorne, you get no answer.

Sense Motive10:
You think Torrsen is deaf. He was lipreading Ridleys and Vayons, but must have missed your question
Diplo (GatherInfo or Know Local 15:

Frostbreach was once a bustling trade town just east of the Path of Aganhei, used for restocking any travelers
with supplies they would need before delving farther north.
However, many avoid the town now because of the wintry misfortunes that seem to befall travelers as they pass through.
Diplo (GatherInfo or Know Local 20:

Two extended families control the majority of Frostbreach: the Trolltooths and the Coalbraids. Each
family believes the other was at fault for the terrible events surrounding the Jarlsblood Witch incident, and these
accusations have triggered numerous other feuds that have fueled animosity ever since. The more they squabble, the
more the town struggles to remain regionally relevant.
Diplo (GatherInfo or Know Local 25:
With the feud so fierce in Frostbreach, its warriors have
been especially reticent to attempt a linnorm hunt, which could be perceived as a power grab by that warrior’s family
and instigate retaliation. Kalsgard’s linnorm king Sveinn Blood-Eagle has intervened several times to negotiate some
peace, though this quells trouble only for a few months. The town has also elected a council of elders, hoping to bring back
a sense of stability. However, this council has just become the latest battleground.
Know Arcana or Geography 10:
Ice storms and blizzards are commonplace near Frostbreach for more than half the year.
Know Arcana or Geography 15:
Many citizens and travelers claim to have experienced terrible visions, heard otherworldly sounds, or had some of their belongings stolen while in the area. The common response is to blame these on the Jarlsblood Witch and Frostbreach’s ongoing family feud.
Know Arcana or Geography 20:
20+: Legends and stories tell of mystical creatures that curse anyone who ventures too deep into the brutal tundra, which has caused hunters and farmers to travel beyond sight of the town’s walls only rarely.

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 1/8] [non-lethal taken: 8/56]

Sense Motive vs. DC=10: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Diplomacy(Gather Information) vs. Dc=15+: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Knowledge(Arcana/Geography; both untrained) vs. DC=10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Glorne shares what he learns, if anything, with the group...

Glorne does not have Knowledge(Arcana) or (Geography). Please read anything rolled.

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

A young lady with a slouching posture and long, unkempt black hair looks up with a tired expression. Well, less 'tired' and more 'somewhat familiar with the concept of sleep' coloring her drooping eyelids and slow, ponderous movements.

"Gmrng."

Really? Let's try that again. With less mumbling.

"G'morning. Morning." Is it really morning, though? At the very least, it is for her. She barely gave herself time to wash. "Nngh. Effigy. They made an effigy out of her, right? Can we see that? Might be important. Could be pretty fun."

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

aid another: diplomacy, aiding next person to roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley will drink his cognatogen and tap himself with a wand of heightened awareness while he ponders the information and trys to recall any other tidbits.

kn local: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39

kn arcana: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (19) + 25 = 44

Ridley shares all the spoilers with the group.

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Vayon considers what they know so far.

"I believe we have a mission to complete. Let's be off."

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

Slightly confused by the rapid flow of information, Bo quietly stays near the recently conscious shaman.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 4/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Zora really didn't have much more to add, so simply nods and leads the way when Vayon mentions getting started.

"I hope these furs provide enough protection. I hear some have used a spell to protect themselves from the elements. I could pick up a wand, perhaps?"

Zora would be happy to trade in 2PP for a wand of endure elements to help keep the chill off everyone.


After a long, hard, cold journey, that is thankfully uneventful you manage to reach Frostreach.
Frostbreach is a small town on the decline, built to accommodate more than 1,000 people yet has a population of only about 350. Most of the inhabitants are Ulfen, with about 75 dwarven inhabitants and a handful of gnomes. A decaying palisade wall—with several watchtowers and a pair
of gates—encircles the town, and many of the homes are longhouses built to accommodate extended families of 10 to 25 people. Of the wooden causeways that crisscross the frozen ground, those that extend to the unoccupied parts of town are crumbling from neglect.
Please tell me how you want to protect yourself from the cold.
Please also tell me how you introduce you and what you plan first?

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

If Zora doesn't mind sharing a charge off the wand, I will gladly accept.

"Didn't the Venture-Captain say we could find ...uh...Enigma at the local leatherworking shop? Maybe we should head there first.”

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 1/8] [non-lethal taken: 8/56]

I had posted on Discussion Glorne's situation with the cold. Unless altitude is a problem, he is fine as is and has a set of cold weather gear to loan out if needed.

"....and this, my friends, is how my people live..."

Glorne is "Guiding" his companions through the city.

IF Diplomacy:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

If Bluff:
Bluff(untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Van has cold weather outfit. He takes Glorne's lead.

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

After considering Zora's offer, Oria graciously accepts the opportunity to save on her own personal resources. "No, really, you don't have to buy a wander for our sake. I can prepare..."

Oria graciously accepts the opportunity to save her own resources. "Hmmph. Sure, whatever, if you insist. But if the days drag on, I have my own protection."

On the first day of the journey, that previous conversation suddenly snaps back to Oria like a slap to the back of her head. "Oh! My own protection. Right. My familiar."

The shaman opens an inner pocket of her robes and allows her familiar to slither free. This violet-tinted gastropod is six inches in length, covered in pale eyes that blindly glance every which way. Tendrils of varying lengths protrude from its back like the petals on a blooming flower, with a finger-length tendril protruding from its back with the estimated length of a man's arm.

Before they set out, Oria finds a discreet corner away from the eyes of whatever unnamed servants happen to be with them. In relative privacy, she meditates upon this creature, channeling her magical power as though it were some kind of conduit, eventually channeling some of it back into the mutated slug. While she's at it, she takes her time to envision the element of fire. Of its heat, its warmth, it's radiant glow and the life it can nourish. And of the dark, all-consuming tendrils that encircle the very idea of that element to claim it as her's.

Yes, this will do nicely.

Preparing Endure Elements and casting it on the familiar every day of the trip. Preparing Fire as my wandering spirit and Cinder Dance as my wandering hex.

At the actual destination, Oria simply introduces herself with a single name and a disinterested shrug, leaving her familiar tucked away firmly within her clothing while her charismatic companions do the majority of the talking.


You can investigate the following locations:
Required skillroll
Coalbraid Longhouse (Knowledge [history] or Knowledge [local])
Gorum’s Anvil (Knowledge [religion])
Linnorm’s Tale Inn (Perform [oratory] or Profession [barkeep]):
Residences:
Stonefire’s Supplies (Knowledge [arcana] or Profession [merchant]):
The Troll’s Hide (Appraise or Profession [tanner or leatherworker]):
Trolltooth Longhouse (Knowledge [history] or Knowledge [local]):

As you approach the Troll´s hide you can see that this well-maintained building has a fenced yard to accommodate dozens of hides in various states of processing, and the building smells strongly of leather and tannin.
Entering you are greeted by a woman wearing a black leather apron.
"I ain´t knowing you. You must be new or travelers. I am Eigma Trolltooth and I own this place. You are here for barter?"

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley will prepare an extract of endure elements for himself each morning

Knowing he's not the best with people, Ridley will hang back as they approach, instead sharing with others what he knows about this establishment.

Kn Local: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 = 28

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Not knowing the best way to broach the subject, Van again takes Glorne's lead. He does, however take a look at her displays.

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Whoopsie, I misread the location we were at. Please use my appraise modifier instead, which will be +11 for a total of 21

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 4/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

Appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Zora steps forward and looks up at the much taller woman. "I'm always interested in a good bargain. "


Ridley is able to learn the following:
The Trolltooth-Coalbraid feud has lasted for generations and persists to this day. Although this rarely leads to violence, it breeds distrust and squabbling that have divided the town and chased off many travelers.
One family could proclaim victory through force of arms, but spilling much blood might only deepen the rift or shatter the town entirely
Zora chats with Eigma about prices and such and she makes an offhand comment about:
The Jarlsblood Witch was an ice-blooded Ulfen who murdered King Alvard the Wolf, but the people of Frostbreach put her to death shortly afterward. Some believe she’s the reason the town doesn’t have much business anymore, for the witch’s spirit scares off visitors

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

Not wanting to be left out, Oria does her best to contribute.

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Of course, she ultimately finds herself staring at a product that she clearly has little understanding up, saying only vague and noncommittal things. "You know, I actually thought about buying a new..." But really, her overwhelming ignorance on the topic quite obvious.

"...thing. Maybe a new thing. Or maybe... not?"

Better she quit while she's only slightly behind.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 4/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

”Good story. Wonder why she killed the King in the first place?”

is there anything else to do here, or should we be piking another place to explore? Is do, Trolltooth’s longhouse seems a good next choice.

”Eigma, you own this place. Any chance you have an ‘in’ on a place to stay? I heard some of the locals here might have larger residences.”

Diplomacy to make a friend: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Knowledge (local) on Trolltooth Longhouse: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Eigma looks at Zora and starts to shake her head.
"Why not try the Linnorm’s Tale Inn?
I can offer you a place at our home, but alas if you open take sides with our family, you might not get many friends in town. Well at least with some."


Ridley will also learn that the Jarlsblood Witch isn’t just a bogeyman. Some insist she can also grant boons to desperate petitioners or
answer questions by those who know how to call her. The accepted ritual involves lighting a candle, using it to burn three of the petitioner’s hairs, covering a piece of ice carved like a dragon’s tooth with salt, then holding it above the flame while reciting Kolvi’s name five times. Everyone who knows the ritual also insists that the few who have ever tried it became erratic within a week and disappeared into the woods.
What do you do


Where to next

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Thanks for your help!

To the Inn!

Edited to agree with Vayon - don't really care where we go next - just trying to keep things moving.

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

The inn. Establish our base of operations.

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 1/8] [non-lethal taken: 8/56]

"Sounds good. Lead on."

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 4/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

”It did come highly recommended. To the inn.”


Centrally located and close to the west gates, this inn serves as a social hub for many in Frostbreach. You are greeted by a bear of a man called Ifan, with long black hairs and clean clothes.
"Welcome to the Linnorm´s Tale, the best Inn in town. I can offer you a warm place to stay tonight, cold and warm mead pure or flavored, and warm stew.
You seem to come from far away. So, tell me, what do you want to drink?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

Speaking for the first time in hours, "Have you any tea? Oolong is preferred, but any kind is welcome."

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

Oria shuffles in and nods to the man. "Something to drink. Warm. Doesn't matter what."

She looks over her companions, then back to Ifan. "So, how are things around here? Looks like, uhm. It's enjoyable. Running an inn. With people in it."

The shaman does her best to kick off a well-meaning conversation, doing her best as she reaches for that lofty goal of managing to keep the man's attention for longer than thirty seconds. Still, it might just be enough to leave the door open for someone more competent to use her as a footstool on their way to progress.

Diplomacy, Aid Another for the first person to take a serious shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

"Whatever you suggest will be fine with me and some stew. Also, how much for those rooms?"

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Some stew sounds delightful. And a glass of warm mead. You're very astute, we are from quite the ways away, but we travel all over.

Kn Local: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


You hear the following tale:
The only boon companion who returned was Varmood Coalbraid, whose skin was torn in places by the lashing ice shards he swore the witch threw at him. Kolvi might have faced exile were it not for his testimony,
which condemned her to a brutal execution. Today, the Trolltooths often claim that Varmood slandered their ancestor, whereas the Coalbraids insist they averted a greater disaster by ensuring the witch inflicted no more evil.
Ridley please make a sense motive or perception roll.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Ridley senses something amiss...

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 1/8] [non-lethal taken: 8/56]

"Stew and some plain water, my good sir!", bellows Glorne in true Ulfen fashion, "A room as well, if you have one available. While your are about, perhaps you could tell us what is new hereabouts."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


All in the longhouse, please roll perception OR sense motive, whatever is higher.
From now on, please tell me whether you seek general information about the area, detailed information about the area , or rare information about history and legends.

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Van will listen for general information.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Unless otherwise stated, Ridley will be looking for rare information about history and legends.

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 1/8] [non-lethal taken: 8/56]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Looking for detailed information about the area.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Dancer 2| HP: 4/50 | AC: 24 21 Tch 16, Fl 16) | CMD: 19 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13/+14, SM: +5 | Active conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Zora concentrates on history, trying to find out as many details regarding the history and legends.


Suddenly all in the longhouse dozens of ghostly Ulfen onlookers crowd around those in the area, shouting accusations at pathfinders such as “You killed our king,” “You’ve betrayed Frostbreach,” “Always knew you had ice magic in you,” or simply chanting “Witch.”
All the while a heavily armored Ulfen man approaches with a hunting knife in hand, pushing the creatures in the area to their knees as if to execute them. Please roll will vs 16 twice.

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 +2 v enchantments.

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

Oria looks up from her slouched, table-gazing haze after hearing the accusations being shouted at her. Witch? Well, yes, technically. And worse. The shaman has a sudden pang of nostalgia mixed with fear as her mind struggles against... well, whatever it is that's happening.

Will Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Will Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Of course, she never was one to keep her head on straight in an emergency. At least she hasn't managed to completely botch both the objective and the spirit of the mission.

Not yet, anyway. Better that she not get her hopes up.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Gah! What's going on here?!

1 to 50 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP GD VIII - The Jarlsblood Witch Saga - Regular All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.