PBP GD VIII - The Jarlsblood Witch Saga - Regular (Inactive)

Game Master Helikon

Maps & Handouts


151 to 200 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

I'm at a bit of a loss here:

Quote:
The other pathfinders?

Are you asking about us needing saving throws? It's the rest of our turns? Please clarify.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

It is your turns. The King went and is the only enemy, thus I assume it is our turns again.

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

I haven't acted this turn yet. Here goes...

Glorne tries to tumble past the King....

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

If successful:
Glorne will form his Kinetic Blade of Pure Cold and strike:Melee touch with Flank and taking 1 point of Burn to add Metakinesis: Empower: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25Cold damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3, 5) + 5 = 18+50%

If not and he stays where he is:
Glorne will use his Kinetic Blast: ranged Touch and taking 1 point of Burn to add Metakinesis: Empower: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17Cold damage: 3d6 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 17+50%
Glorne has Point-blank and Precise Shot feats. Please adjust for cover.

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

The monk takes a moment to enchant his bow.

Casting Gravity Bow

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

I forgot to move myself on the map - I adjusted it now, so there should be a spot if you want to move up and swing rather than trying to tumble through.

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Van takes a 5' step and strikes out with his staff and wand.

Staff +1: arcane strike, spell combat
to hit 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10 damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Wand of Magic Missiles: spell combat
force damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Surrounded by enemies the king attacts again, this time Glorne and cleaves Vayon.
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 263d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 6, 1) + 12 = 22
Cleave: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 283d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 12 = 23
Booth attacks hit and booth need to make a fortitude save.

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

Seeing the undead nature of their assailant, the monk quickly snaps off a series of blunt-tipped arrows. He calls on inner reserves of focus to speed up his assault, sending another arrow at the headless warrior.

Ranged Flurry of Blows {BLUNT, Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Point Blank, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow}: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 + 2 = 16

Ranged Flurry of Blows {BLUNT, Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Point Blank, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow}: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 + 2 = 12

CONFIRM??: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Damage: 4d6 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5, 5, 2) + 12 + 4 = 30

Ranged Flurry of Blows {BLUNT, Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Point Blank, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow}: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 + 2 = 15

KI POINT {BLUNT, Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Point Blank, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow}: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 + 2 = 15

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

Fortitude: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


With a flurry of arrow shots Bo does manage to destroy the undead.


Glorne, the tough Kinetist is able, barely to shrug of the void in his soul, but vayon is not. The elf feels a part of his soul eaten away.
You are drained one level
You manage to salvage the kings brutal axe, a magic cloak and a protective talisman and also a nice looking, nonmagical armor.
As you go deeper you witness an epic battle.
An ethereal woman and a serpentine dragon are locked in combat here, each countering the other’s strikes. The beast briefly looks toward the chamber’s entrance with curiosity, and the woman takes advantage of its distraction to tear its throat open with her axe. The dragon rears back in pain and sinks into the floor, but the warrior’s apparition remains.
She leans on her axe wearily and looks at you.

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

While the others are doing the salvage, Glorne concentrates, the cool pale mist that constantly surrounds him flares up and briefly coats him in frost.

Kinetic Healer to Self: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) + 5 = 18

Kinetic Healer:
Kinetic Healer(sp): (utility; burn:0). With a touch, you can heal a willing living creature of an amount of damage equal to your kinetic blast‘s damage. Instead of paying the burn cost yourself, you can cause the recipient to take 1 point of burn. If you do so, the recipient takes 1 point of nonlethal damage per Hit Die he possesses, as usual for burn; This damage can’t be healed by any means until the recipient takes a full night’s rest.

Then takes out and drinks a potion.

Potion of CLW vs. Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley taps himself with his wand a few times.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Ridley approaches the apparition.

Quite the martial display there - I take it you are Kolvi? I'm surprised to still find you here after so many years. I guess that means the fellow we just dispatched was the king who betrayed you?

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

Oria blinks, arms still raised in a defensive position. It takes her a moment to realize the combat has already settled before she could lift a finger to help. A rather familiar feeling of uselessness settles over her as she lets out a sigh.

"Good thing we were able to distract that dragon."

She nods to Ridley and nudges the recently toppled corpse with her foot. "Well, I'd guess they weren't exactly Cave Buddies."

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Van pauses as he considers the situation. "How long have you been here? How many times have you fought the dragon."


The woman looks at you and replies."For as long as I can remember and more often than I can count. My will is waning and I do not know how long I will manage to hold on!"

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

The naive yet slow-witted monk asks, "Didn't you just kill the beast? Why not leave now?"

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

kn religion: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Does this seem like a recurring fight that will happen again?

Is there anything we can do to help put this to an end? Ghosts are often bound here by unfinished business, and often released by destroying the body of the creature, finishing whatever was left undone, or giving the creature a proper burial.


Kolvi replies to Bo."This is just the linnorms spirit, intent to reform. I can halt his regeneration, but not prevent it completely."

Ridley:
It seems that Kolvi prevented the linnorms spirit to return to his body to regenerate. You think this could happen all few minutes for hundreds of years now."

Kolvi shrugs and replies."We can try to let the spirit return, reform the body and then you could destroy it forever."

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

I'd guess this cycle repeats over and over every few minutes... for a loooong time. If Kolvi thinks letting it start regenerating then killing it will put it to rest, I'm down for giving it a shot.

Kn Arcana? on Linnorm's: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 21 + 2 + 4 = 35

Assuming we go with this plan of action, I will try to remember what I can of Linnorms - I'll ask about special attacks, immunities, DR, special defenses in that order.


Ridley after some pondering thinks that this should work.
Linnorms are dragons and have breath attacks. As like dragons, it depends on the linnorm. Most linnorms can not be grappled, tripped etc and they pierce illusions.
Always under true seeing and freedom of movement.

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

"Where is it's body?"


You think you passed him before entering the tomb.
If you are ready to attack the linnorm please prepare and roll for iniative.

If you do so:
Kolvi offers you a masterwork cold iron battleaxe, boots of the winterland, and a ring of minimal fire resistance (grants the wearer fire resistance 5)

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley will take a cue from the gear she gives us and drink an extract of Resist Energy (Fire), then tap himself with his want of heightened awareness and head out.

Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Grand Lodge

Vayon can use some healing. He casts Shield and Bull's Strength.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley will top vanyon up before the fight.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

The monk forgoes the offered items.

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Do we have time to buff before telling her we are ready? Once Bo is in position, he will do the following:

If we can prepare:

Swift action to change Aspect of Bat (Darkvision) to Aspect of Mouse (Evasion).

Then spells: All are Caster Level 1 with a duration of 1 minute)

SPELL | Priority| When cast

Gravity Bow | Highest | Right before combat begins/surprise round
Aspect of the Falcon | Medium | 2 rounds before combat begins
Shield | Low | 3 rounds before combat begins
Protection from Evil | Lowest | 4 rounds before combat begins

If we only have a limited time, I would like to resolve them in a way to ensure the higher priority buffs are up and running for combat.

1 round of buffing available? = Gravity Bow
2 rounds of buffing available? = Gravity Bow & Aspect of the Falcon
3 rounds of buffing available? = Gravity Bow, Aspect of the Falcon & Shield
4 rounds of buffing available? = Gravity Bow, Aspect of the Falcon, Shield & Protection from evil

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

No preparations here.


Ini: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Waiting for a few minutes suddenly you see the bones surrounding the cave entrance moving together.
You think you have now time to engage.

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

Glorne moves forward and raises his right hand towards the bones. The pale, cool mist that constantly surrounds him flares up in intensity, consolidates around his hand and a beam of pure cold bursts forth...

ranged Touch vs. Bones: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 20
possible Cold damage vs. Bones: 3d6 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4, 1) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 20 +50%
Spell Resistance Check (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Using Kinetic Blast with Point-Blank and Precise Shot feats, with Elemental Overflow and Metakinesis abilities applied as well. If you need details let me know or look on my sheet.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley tosses a sonic bomb at the Linnorm.

Range Touch Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 8
Damage: 4d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 2) + 8 = 22

Scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Doesn't really matter where it scatters - the Linnorm takes 9 splash damage, DC22 reflex save for half.

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

One could almost hear the rusted gears grinding against one another as thoughts eventually stumbled their way through Oria's skull and out of her lips."Hey, uhm... ghost lady? You fought the dragon before, what exactly tends to come out of its mouth when it breathes at you?"

As she listens, she goes about casting a variety of spells. Despite her ineffectiveness, she can at least provide magical benefits to those who actually have the capacity to get the job done. With an annoyed grumble, she blesses her allies.

Casting extended Fly on Ridley, Barkskin and Heightened Awareness on herself, and if the ghost tells her the breath type she'll cast Resist Energy of that element on herself and Bo. If no element is mentioned, she'll default to Fire. All spells are CL 6th.

Good, good. It's about time Oria really puts her back into this one.

Initiative, popping Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 4 = 18

Not wanting to hold back, Oria raises her arms and begins to chant in strange tongues, her eyes rolling back in her head as she calls upon distant, unseen powers.

Casting Summon Nature's Ally III

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

The monk nods his thanks to Oria.

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Active Effects
Bull's Strength +4 str
Shield

Van uses spell combat to strike out with his staff and casts Magic Missile from his wand.

Staff +1: arcane pool (+1,shock), arcane strike, spell combat, bull's strength
to hit 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 29 blunt damage 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 9 Shock: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Wand of Magic Missiles: spell combat
force damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


You do all some damage to the Linnorm, but some is repaired as it reforms.
Then with a mighty cry he looks at the insects attacking him and in this moment Kolvi appears in the sky and the wrestling match begins anew above you.
Pathfinders have an additional turn.

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

Glorne moves forward and raises his right hand towards the bones. The pale, cool mist that constantly surrounds him flares up in intensity, consolidates around his hand and a beam of pure cold bursts forth...

ranged Touch vs. Bones: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 11
possible Cold damage vs. Bones: 3d6 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6, 4) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 21
Spell Resistance Check (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Using Kinetic Blast with Point-Blank and Precise Shot feats, and Elemental Overflow. I am not using Metakinesis this time.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley moves up slightly and tosses another sonic bomb.

Range touch: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 18
Damage: 4d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3) + 8 = 19

Dark Archive

Shaman 6 | AC 21+3 T 12 FF 20+3 | HP 36/45 | F +5 R +4 W +12 | Init +1 | Perc +5 | Active Buffs: Barkskin, Resist Energy (fire?) (familiar)
Pet Stats:
Pet AC 14 T 11 FF 14 | Pet HP 22/22 | Pet F +3 R -1 W +4 | Pet Init -3 | Pet Perc -2| Active Buffs: Endure Elements

Oria's spells complete as she gestures in a wide circle in front of her. A tear in space forms as something crawls its way out. It is like a bat, but closer to a horse in size, with hairless pale skin that writhes and bulges as if serpentine tendrils were squirming beneath.

Honestly, it's one of her finer works.

The creature looks upon the dragon with its many, many eyes and lets forth a furious screech as it charges!

Advanced Augmented Dire Bat's Bite, charging: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Not wanting to simply sit back and do nothing, Oria begins to chant and gesture again. This time, with a simpler spell. A bit of brutish, uncreative force. At least, by the standards of causing an explosion of magical flame.

Casting fireball, aiming it on the backside of the dragon to avoid hitting the bat.

fireball, Reflex DC 18: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 2, 5, 5) = 21

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

"This one's going to be difficult."

Staff +1: arcane pool (+1,shock), arcane strike, spell combat, bull's strength
to hit 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 21 blunt damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 2 + (4) = 13

Wand of Magic Missiles: spell combat
force damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

Reveling at seeing a true challenge, Bo allows himself to 'find the Path. He revels at the insight and confidence it provides. The monk pulls several arrow from his quiver. He knocks one and draws the bow taught. Then in rapid succession, he looses the arrow, knocking and launching another in a blink, then a third.

Flurry {Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow, Aspect of the Falcon}: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 32
Cold Iron Arrow Damage {Gravity Bow, Flurry, Rapture}: 2d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 22

CONFIRM? (Aspect of the Falcon): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 = 27
Cold Iron Arrow Damage {Gravity Bow, Flurry, Rapture}: 4d6 + 14 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 6) + 14 + 4 + 4 = 40

Flurry {Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow, Aspect of the Falcon}: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20
Cold Iron Arrow Damage {Gravity Bow, Flurry, Rapture}: 2d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 21

Flurry {Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow, Aspect of the Falcon}: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18
Cold Iron Arrow Damage {Gravity Bow, Flurry, Rapture}: 2d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 19

Free action to use 'Rapture' - adding +4 to STR & CON. 1 of 6 rounds. 5 rounds remain.


Only the perfect strike hits of Boh hits the dragon.
Glornes attacks dispers on the magic resistance of the dragon, the fireball is ignored, but the missle does some insignificant damage.
SR Vayon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Then he retaliates by breathing a long line of fire himself.
Fire DC 20 Refl half: 6d8 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 5, 2, 8) = 20
Pathinders

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Touch Attack of 18 didn't hit him?

Ridley advances a bit, flying 30 feet in the air, and tosses another sonic bomb at the linnorm.

Range Touch Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25
Sonic Damage: 4d4 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 3) + 8 + 1 = 17

Grand Lodge

HP: 60/60 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +8 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

The monk keeps up a steady stream of arrows.

Flurry {Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow, Aspect of the Falcon}: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 = 17
Cold Iron Arrow Damage {Gravity Bow, Flurry, Rapture}: 2d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 16

Flurry {Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow, Aspect of the Falcon}: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
Cold Iron Arrow Damage {Gravity Bow, Flurry, Rapture}: 2d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 20

Flurry {Deadly Aim, Reckless Aim, Weapon Focus, Gravity Bow, Aspect of the Falcon}: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
Cold Iron Arrow Damage {Gravity Bow, Flurry, Rapture}: 2d6 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 14

Free action to maintain 'Rapture' - adding +4 to STR & CON. 2 of 6 rounds. 4 rounds remain.

Grand Lodge

m human (ulfen) Hydrokineticist/7 [hp: 87/87] [init: +3; perc: +11] [AC: 18(22)/T: 13/FF: 15(19)] [saves: 12/10/7] [CMB: +6/CMD: 19(16)] [burn taken: 0/8] [non-lethal taken: 0/56]

I assume the Grey line is the path of the Fire Breath.

Reflex vs. DC=20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Glorne takes 10 Fire damage.

Glorne raises his right hand towards the bones. The pale, cool mist that constantly surrounds him flares up in intensity, consolidates around his hand and a beam of pure cold bursts forth...

ranged Touch vs. Bones: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 + 3 = 25
possible Cold damage vs. Bones: 3d6 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) + 5 + 1 + 6 = 20 +50%
Spell Resistance Check (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Using Kinetic Blast with Point-Blank and Precise Shot feats, with Elemental Overflow and Metakinesis abilities applied as well.

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Vayon moves around to the other side of the linnorm (accepting AoO) before again, using his wand.

Wand of Magic Missiles:
force damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

SR 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


The bomb did hit no worries.
Aoo for Vayon.1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 321d12 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Please make a Fortitude save Vayon.
Killing blow: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Glorne1, Ridley2, Bo3
Please make a will save Ridley vs Curse
And under a barrage of missles, bombs blasts the dragon is destroyed.
Oria, standing back had a perfect view of the sky battle between the dragon on varia, matching the movements of the dragon on the ground.
But with Ridleys bomb exploding the skydragon is beheaded by Kolvis spectral axe with a Thunderclap.
You are sure it will have been seeable for many miles.
Kolvi

Dark Archive

Elf Magus (staff magus) 6| HP 40/40| AC 20 T 14 FF 16| Fo +6 Re +5 Wi +4| Init +5| Percep +4

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12

DM reroll...

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14

Ick - what's the curse do? I have an open extract slot and I know remove curse, so it might not be a huge deal to get rid of.


After killing the dragon Ridley feels that he starts to burn very hard.
You have from now take double damage from fire.

Now its time to return to the town and really stop this roumors!

151 to 200 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP GD VIII - The Jarlsblood Witch Saga - Regular All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.