DM-Camris' SAVAGE TIDE: Chapter 4, Here There Be Monsters...

Game Master Camris

Section 5: SHRINE to DEMOGORGON
The heroes must escort a ragged band of castaways through monster-infested wildlands in order to reach the safety promised by the colony of Farshore.
After following the road south leads to a dead end, the castaways are forced to turn inland, into the heart of the jungle...
ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
Google Map TACTICAL MAP
Quick Sketch of the Isle of Dread


951 to 1,000 of 1,032 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

BURIAN

Burian's hair lashed out at the demon.

Hair attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28 Hit! for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Hair attack 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19 Miss.
Grapple: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 2 = 28 Success! Demon is Grappled.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Taking a quick 5' step Sunny gets a clearer view of the sparkly monkey.

Thence proceeds to hurl a number of her wooden darts at it.

Att 1 Flurry:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 (Target is 'Flanked'. Target is grappled, hence flat of foot, yes?)

Att 2 Flurry:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 (Target is 'Flanked'.Target is grappled, hence flat of foot, yes?)

Att 3 Flurry:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 (Target is 'Flanked'.Target is grappled, hence flat of foot, yes?)

Well. Hopefully, that's all the low rolls and everyone else gets all the crits... :P


Male Human Wizard 8

Plainly outlined target or not, Marius didn't want to chance hitting anyone in the confusion. Thankfully, he could use a precision strike. Sketching a quick glyph in the air, Marius unleashed a barrage of magic missiles on the remaining bar-lgura.

Magic missile damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 1) + 4 = 12


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9


Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Barksin: +3 Natural Armor
Communal Endure Elements:
Rage: as per the Barbarian? +4 Str and Con (+16 hp); +2 Will; –2 AC
Large: +2 Str, –2 Dex, and –1 to hit and AC

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 60/61 | AC:26 Current 29, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

Realizing that in a moment, Bryson might become the biggest danger, Ghirrak takes a step back, drawing his energy in and using it to heal some of his wounds, in preparation for his next actions.

5ft step back. Wholeness of Body (heal 8 hp). 1 Ki pt- Ki dodge (+4 AC)

Current AC 30


Round 4 completed _________________________

Burian's hair lashed out at the demon, hitting and grappling it.

Taking a quick 5' step Sunny gets a clearer view of the sparkly monkey.
Thence proceeds to hurl a number of her wooden darts at it, but missed them all.

Sketching a quick glyph in the air, Marius unleashed a barrage of magic missiles on the remaining bar-lgura.

Bryson, still maddened, attacked wildly.
1d6 ⇒ 4 His eyes fastened on Burian.
Scimitar +1: rage, large
1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 27 to hurt 1d8 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 12

Scimitar +1: rage, large
1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 24 to hurt 1d8 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 10

Bite: gtr magic fang, rage, large
1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 - 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 23 to hurt 1d8 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 15

Claw: gtr magic fang, rage, large
1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 - 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 12 to hurt 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 15

Ghirrak takes a step back, drawing his energy in and using it to heal some of his wounds, in preparation for his next actions. 5ft step back. Wholeness of Body (heal 8 hp). 1 Ki pt- Ki dodge (+4 AC)--Current AC 30

Bar-Igura 1, slashing Burian with his claws.
Claws1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 for a possible 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 slashing damage.
Claws2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 for a possible 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 slashing damage.
Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 for a possible 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 piercing damage.

Burian collapsed, bleeding and unconscious.


Round 5____________________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

COMBAT MAP

Bryson make a will save at a +5.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Perception Check:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Hearing the soft 'Thump' of clothes Sunny quickly bends down, reaches about, grabs hand fulls of clothing attached to what must be one of her now still friends, and pulls him backward, away from the nasty monkey.

Well... the nasty seeming thing there any who.

I can move Sunny but not Burian. Will quick-draw and drop more smoke if the current clouds are dissipating too fast.


Sunny can move Burian now.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Yay! (^_^)

So, moving 5' shouldn't cause any opportunity attacks? Is it enough to 'Clear' the trouble area? Does Sunny need to drag Master Burian a tad further away?

Not that it's too big an issue. master Burian can be movin' his self along t'where ever t'is he feels he needs to be.

Uhm, seems 'I' can interact with the cloud puff? Not the Burian under it? (>_>) No hassles is all gooder...


Male Human Wizard 8

The moment Sunny had pulled Burian clear, Marius conjured a wall of ice into existence between Bryson and the others. It wouldn't delay him long if he were to decide to plough through it, but it might at least buy them a few moments to regroup.

Cutting Bryson off from the others might also cause him to focus on the single visible target, namely the remaining demon. Quite what they were going to do after that demon was dealt with, Marius wasn't sure. Bryson was showing no signs of regaining control.

Continhent on Sunny pulling Burian clear, using arcane bond to cast wall of ice, as indicated by the grren line, 20 feet tall. As he's adjacent to the wall as it forms, Bryson can make a DC18 reflex save to disrupt the wall's formation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

With only one possible target, now that the wall of ice has cut everyone else off, Bryson full attacks the last Bar-Igura!
Despite the demon's powers, the outcome is in no doubt.
Bryson tears the demon apart!
Bryson, make a will save.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

The death of the last demon brings Bryson back to himself. The thing's body slumps to the floor and he looks around to see how everyone else is doing and wonders if he hurt any of them.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny does her best to help Master Burian be comfortable.

Heal Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lap's is made fer restin', right?


Male Human Wizard 8

Marius coalesced back into human form, latching onto the wall with his spider climb spell and peering out into the rest of the cavern, looking for either more foes or for their missing crewmates.


It takes an hour before Buran swims back to consciousness again, and is finally able to climb to his feet again.
He shook he head woozily.
"We have got to find a way to relieve Bryson of his fiendish curse. We just have to get that done. I don't think I can survive another pounding like that."

He is then able to use his wand of healing to restore everyone's hit point level back to max again.


When Marius peeked through the door up on the shelf overhead, he sees a large chamber, six columns run down the length of the room, flanking a pit covered by a rusted iron grate.
On the far south of the room is a stone throne, and the room itself is chokingly foul smelling.
In the room itself are a mob of wretched horned and feral fiendish baboons.

OVERHEAD MAP


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny does her best to help her friends recover after their interactions with the meany monkeys. Even waiting till last to have the attention of the healing magics. (^_^)

She does take some time to carefully look around at this strange place they find themselves in.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

*Reads DM's latest posting*

Oh dear. Even more meany monkeys...

Okeys, maybe this is that one time where we can be fixin' things with tha' application of usin' lots'a fire? (>_>)

Oooo.. does we know all'a disposition of that room,like? I see somit rilly interestin'.


Peeking through the far south doorway of the cavern, you see an empty hallway.


Perception DC20:
You see a semi-hidden doorway in the eastern wall of the cavern, you realize it leads into a tunnel leading under the hall filled full of savage baboons.


Know:Religion DC20:
The hallway full of savage baboons... it matches in a horrible twisted way a court with courtiers (the baboons) facing a throne (the religious leader position). There is likely some kind of altar or nave behind the throne that is hidden.


Male Human Wizard 8

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Marius really didn't want to pick a fight with a roomful of dangerous-looking baboons, but he suspected he would end up in one regardless. For now, he stationed himself in front of the door, ready to bottle it up with a thundercloud if need be.

There might well be people in the pit. Maybe he should just start the fight and have done with it.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Barksin: +3 Natural Armor
Communal Endure Elements:

KA little bit sheepishly, Bryson says, "There's somethin' over here. Ah think it might be a tunnel that bypass the ape room."

Is this 11 on the map?


Bryson: Yes, that is number 11 on the map.


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 60/61 | AC:26 Current 29, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

"Anyone have any magic that could hit them all at once?" Ghirrak whispers.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21
Ghirrak Ironfist wrote:
"Anyone have any magic that could hit them all at once?" Ghirrak whispers.

Sunny silently shakes her blond mop in the negative.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9


Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Barksin: +3 Natural Armor
Communal Endure Elements:

"Well, we could jus' go into the tunnel and possibly go 'round them."
Area 11.


When you examine the small door up close, you see that it has an external lock (a key lock) on this side. There is a small grate you can look through, though you see only endless darkness. The rotting flesh smell is ominous though.
The lock is moderately difficult, Disable Device DC25 to open it.


Male Human Wizard 8

"One of my thunderclouds wouldn't get them all at once, but it would chew through them over time," Marius noted. It didn't seem to be on the cards just yet, but he should probably hold it in reserve.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny ponders,

"I mean... they is monkeys... but they is lookin' like rilly nasty monkeys... " She glances over at the now departed big, bad monkeys.

"Like. If'n they gets loose. They'd be causin' all sorts a nasty, right?" Sunny is obviously torn between killing 'Helpless' critters and then being presented with these creatures.

"It's not like Master Bryson goin' all 'Rawr, rawr'," And Sunny makes quiet growly noises and indicates clawing at the air, "On 'em in't gon'a be doin' more'n makin' tha' world a better place now, is it?" She looks to Master Bryson, though still frowning in worry and thoughts. :/


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9


Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Barksin: +3 Natural Armor
Communal Endure Elements:

Bryosn looks around for a key. Willing to Take 10 for 33 or, if there's time, Take 20 for 43.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9


Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Barksin: +3 Natural Armor
Communal Endure Elements:

Bryosn looks around for a key. Willing to Take 10 for 33 or, if there's time, Take 20 for 43.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Pretty sure Sunny can 'Aid' and help at getting things open?

(^_^)

Sunny look around at the... cave they find themselves in.

"Wait? So where did the nasty, big monkeys put our friends?" She muses.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Having dealt with the lock (at 11), you can proceed down a short tunnel to a 30 foot diameter pit.
In the pit is a mess of bones, scraps of flesh, dried blood, tattered rags and other things best left unmentioned.
Directly overhead is a circular grate, mounted on a hinge. The same grate you spotted in the hallway of pillars where that troop of baboons was hanging out in.

You have a chilling realization that this is how Olangru feeds his baboon subjects, imprisoning the still-living food in this chamber and then opening the grate remotely for the troop to swarm down and tear the victims apart.

Int Check DC15:
Tracing out the opening mechanism, you realize if you had some living bait in here, you could open the grate via it's pully, the troop would swarm down here, then you could close the grate via it's pully system and trap them in here. But who would act as bait?


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Int Check:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Sunny stops quite a few steps behind in the tunnel as the scents become more and more unwholesome.

"It smells... Icky.. " She whispers quietly, becoming even more hesitant at following her booted friends further into the dank, smelly hole.

I kind of think that not matching that number is a good thing for Sunny's demeanour...

Now, if we had a 'Decanter of endless water", I can think of a trap setting that Sunny would volunteer to be the bait for. Though how long it might take the pit to fill with water would also be a factor...


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 60/61 | AC:26 Current 29, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

"It looks like we'll need to take care of them. Leaving them only means they're a danger to us and the crew later on." Ghirrak asys as they consider the likely use of the babboons.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9


Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Barksin: +3 Natural Armor
Communal Endure Elements:

Int Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Bryson looks over the situation. "Ah got an idea. Ah kin summon a animal and trick the beasts into trapping theyselves into the pit."


Just a dot after the board hiccup. (^_^)


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 60/61 | AC:26 Current 29, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

"That works. As vicious as they are, they're likely to swarm anything they can get at."


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21
Bryson Deepwinter wrote:

[ooc]

Bryson looks over the situation. "Ah got an idea. Ah kin summon a animal and trick the beasts into trapping theyselves into the pit."

Suny shifts from foot to tanned, bare foot.

"Is do be soundin' like a good plan..." She offers a whisper of encouragement. (^_^)


Implementing Bryson's plan, you successfully decoy the baboon troupe into the basement feeding pit and slam the grate on them.
While they kick up a ruckus, they are unable to break free while you explore the stench ridden formal hall.

Poking around, you find a secret catch that spins whoever sits in the throne around to face into a secret back room with two treasure chests.

Taking your time with them, you deactivate the fireball trap on the one, and finally open the difficult lock on the other.
Inside the chests, you discover a total of 2000 crowns and 3000 silver pennies.
You also find a Buckler, +1.
You also find a Wand of Aid fully charged with 50 charges.

Appraise DC15:
The coins are a strange mixture of ancient Olmen and modern coinage from all over the Azure Sea.


When ready you can proceed through the southern doorway in the cavern.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny does her very best to help open up any tricksy chests. When their contents are revealed she does breath out a respectful,

"Oooo... shiny..." Though she doesn't seem interested in the coins other than for their 'Pretty'-ness.

With the discovery of the new secret place, she peers intently into it. Looking at/for all there is to see.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

Is someone going to try the Appraise?

Who can actually use the Wand of Aid? Should we give it to one of the NPCs?


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Appraise:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Though, what Sunny considers 'Valuable' is probably different to pretty much anyone else. '^^


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You can give the wand to Burian if you like, he can use it.


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

*Nods* Seems like a good idea.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9


Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Barksin: +3 Natural Armor
Communal Endure Elements:

Bryson's patience is wearing thin. "Y'all thank we done here? That we got'em all? Ah wanna keep moving."


Island Elf(link) HP 20;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny nods emphatically and enthusiastically with Master Bryson's comments.

Then she stops.

"Wait! We's got'a find our friends..."

THEN it's "Open the door! Hicks! Drake! We are LEAVING!" XD


When you have distributed treasure and healed as you wish, you are able to move to the only unexplored exit out of this cavern. The south door.

When you open it, your light shines on thousands of bones piled high in the corners and the center of the room, a grisly testament to past atrocities.
The sound of bubbling water comes from the dark western end of the room, where a pair of fountains, filled by water pouring out of the fanged maws of large baboon heads. The heads are mounted on the walls just above the fountains.
The water is quite murky, making it impossible to see the bottom of either fountain.
The corpse of a slimy, serpent/human creature of some kind.

Know:Dungeoneering DC15 or Know:Planes DC12:
This is, or was, a Spirit Naga.

There are great rents in it's body that look odd.
Heal DC15 or Know:Arcana DC20:
The Naga was killed by a slashing/holy damage combo.

Detect Magic:
You detect small sources of magic amongst the piles of bones in this chamber and a moderate source in the southern fountain water.

OVERVIEW MAP

This chamber exits out further into the east.

951 to 1,000 of 1,032 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' SAVAGE TIDE: Chapter 4, Here There Be Monsters... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.