DM-Camris' SAVAGE TIDE: Chapter 4, Here There Be Monsters...

Game Master Camris

Section 5: SHRINE to DEMOGORGON
The heroes must escort a ragged band of castaways through monster-infested wildlands in order to reach the safety promised by the colony of Farshore.
After following the road south leads to a dead end, the castaways are forced to turn inland, into the heart of the jungle...
ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
Google Map TACTICAL MAP
Quick Sketch of the Isle of Dread


851 to 900 of 939 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Ahead, you see that this chamber is stained with blood.
Two stone thrones sit on either side, set into alcoves.
On the far side of the chamber is a blood-caked altar of greasy green stone, topped by a pair of unlit black tallow candles, one north, one south.
Iron-framed mirrors stand on either side of the altar, their reflections warped and indistinct.


OVERVIEW MAP


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 54/61 | AC:26, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

"I would definitely suggest than no one light those candles,,, we should probably cover the mirrors as well." Ghirrak says, breaking his silence for the first time in a while.


There are no hostages or demons here.
With no other exits, there must be some other way out of here.

Ghirrak, or Know:Arcana DC14, or Int check DC17:
You feel increasingly certain there is some kind of puzzle/condition/enchantment that is solved by some manner of ceremonial combination of candle lighting and throne sitting and mirror looking.


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 54/61 | AC:26, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

"Though it looks like it'll be necessary, in order to get out of here. Some sort of puzzle." the captain growls.


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21
Ghirrak Ironfist wrote:
"Though it looks like it'll be necessary, in order to get out of here. Some sort of puzzle." the Captain growls.

Int check:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Sunny carefully peers into the room.

Perceptino:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"I dun't like tha' games these monkeys is playin'..." Sunny grumbles.


Careful examination of this chamber, with all Detects running, suggests that there is some way to advance further from here, probably by manipulation or ceremony with the objects therein.
Very likely the demons didn't want to be bothered by just anybody, but a cult member presumably could pass through, if they knew how.


You work out that there are six elements to this puzzle/ceremony.
The North Candle.
The South Candle.
The North Throne.
The South Throne.
The North Mirror.
The South Mirror.

Anyone want to play around with these objects first?


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Anyone want to play around with these objects first?

Not really... (>_>)

Sunny looks askance at the furnishing of the room.

"Well.. given that tha' doors be needin' a double set of pokin' am bettin' that there's two of everything hereabouts means somat like tha' same thing in here?"


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

How about putting them in line mirror-candle-throne-throne-candle-mirror?


Male Human Wizard 8

Lighting a candle while somebody sat in a throne and looked in a mirror seemed the logical course, but given there were three of each, getting the right combination seemed like a mug's game.

Perhaps there was some clue in the room. Then again, if the demons didn't want to be disturbed, perhaps not. Or perhaps the clue lay in one of the mirrors, perilous though they might be.

Failing an idea from someone else, Marius would try looking in the north mirror first.


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Happy to try Master Bryson's idea.

Sunny ponders the situation.

"Uhm... Maybe the opposite mirror needs ta' show tha' opposite chair?" She speaks her mind aloud.

"No idea whut t'is we nned doin' with tha' candles..."


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

Sit on a throne while holding a candle and looking at a mirror?

Bryson will volunteer to be the test dummy for any idea.


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 54/61 | AC:26, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

"It may require doing both at once. A failsafe that no one person could activate it...there would always have to be at least two." Ghirrak suggests.


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

"Oh. Like havin' two people look in a mirror. Light tha' candle an' sit on'a chair?" Sunny nods at Captain Ghirrak's insight.

"Okeys then!" And Sunny goes through the motions before the mirror, striking the candle and popping herself down next to Master Bryson. (^_^)

(Unless some one else wants to do the honours?)


You fool around with the various foci (carefully), and you stumble on the fact that when you light one of the candles, the seat of the corresponding throne fills with blood. Then that person sees something moving in the moving.

Bryson:
Looking into the mirror, you see yourself. Not as you are now, but pasty, scrawny and soft; before you were overcharged with Savage Tide demonic energy.
Make a Will save vs. magic.

Sunny:
Looking into the mirror, you see yourself. Not as you are now, but more beautiful, radiating power. And taller. But... also more cruel, more predatory. When you smile, you see fangs.
Make a Will save vs. magic.


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Will Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

(^_^)


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

For DM:
'Hmmm... looks kind'a pretty...'

XD


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

Don't forget SR 20
Will Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion


Bryson felt a strange double vision. The reflection in the dark glass seemed to waiver and looked for a moment like his old pre-savage template self. Then there was a tremendous psychic pull and for a moment he was looking out from the glass at his maddened savage self…
But…
With a horribly painful wrench, Bryson pulled his self away from the mirror and staggered back, unchanged.

Sunny stepped back from the mirror and turned around. Her muscles more sharply defined, her eyes a bloodshot glowing red, and her smile revealing needle sharp fangs.
Behind her in the glass of the mirror you see original Sunny pounding against the glass from the inside and yelling.

With a blink, suddenly Savage Sunny is behind Marius lashing out at his throat with razor claws. She hit him for 11 damage, but missed the throat itself.


Round 1 ___________________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

Sunny is stuck in the mirror, unable to interact. Her player controls the image and can speak, but can take no other actions.
Her body is afflicted with the Savage template and is run by the GM.

TACTICAL MAP


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny blinks as she looks around, disoriented for a moment.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Though she realises that some how she's in some 'Other' place.

*Here... this in't right...* She muses before noticing what's happening on the other side of the window and the attack on poor Marius.

"NO! Hey! Look out! Bonk her on'a head! She's all angry, like!" Sunny tries her best to warn her friends of this new 'Other' Elf that's suddenly appeared. She pats herself down, checking that she's still got all her stuff even as she looks at the window she's on the wrong side of.

'This be a trap. There's got'a be a way out'a here..." She muses even as she tries to work out a way to untrap herself.

Disable Device:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Theif type peoples got a chance at workin' their way out'a magical predicaments, right?


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 54/61 | AC:26, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

Ghirrak races forward, coming up behind the false Sunny into a stranglehold.

Grapple: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

She in't maybe "False". Maybe, more like "Misunderstood"?

Heck. Keep anyone bottled up behind glass for ages an' see how they like it. :P

"YES!" Sunny cheers on Captain Ghirrak. "Put tha' Lass ta' sleep an' we can be workin' a way out'a this thingy." Sunny continues to look around for a way to get through the glass.

"Maybe Master Bryson can be scratchin' it, like? With his claws?" She muses.


Male Human Wizard 8

Marius' initial response was a somewhat panicked withdrawal to put some distance between himself and the drastically changed Sunny.

With this done, he cast about for some means of freeing the real Sunny from the mirror and undoing the effect, perhaps short of breaking it, which seemed like it would be ill-advised.


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Maybe we can just make a small hole, like? I can be squeezin' through some rilly tiny spaces.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

Bryson runs up and tries to grab evil Sunny.

Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Round 1 completed___________________________

Sunny blinks as she looks around, disoriented for a moment.
Though she realises that some how she's in some 'Other' place.
*Here... this in't right...* She muses before noticing what's happening on the other side of the window and the attack on poor Marius.
"NO! Hey! Look out! Bonk her on'a head! She's all angry, like!" Sunny tries her best to warn her friends of this new 'Other' Elf that's suddenly appeared. She pats herself down, checking that she's still got all her stuff even as she looks at the window she's on the wrong side of.
Sunny is stuck in a kind of ‘Phantom Zone’. She has no physical body. She can make herself heard through the mirror though.

Ghirrak races forward, coming up behind the false Sunny into a stranglehold.
Ghirrak grabbed the suddenly much stronger Savage Sunny. She would have slipped free, but his experience in the Arena allowed him to hang on.

"YES!" Sunny cheers on Captain Ghirrak. "Put tha' Lass ta' sleep an' we can be workin' a way out'a this thingy." Sunny continues to look around for a way to get through the glass.
"Maybe Master Bryson can be scratchin' it, like? With his claws?" She muses.

Marius' initial response was a somewhat panicked withdrawal to put some distance between himself and the drastically changed Sunny.
With this done, he cast about for some means of freeing the real Sunny from the mirror and undoing the effect, perhaps short of breaking it, which seemed like it would be ill-advised.

Marius:
There’s a lot of possibilities spinning through your mind. Knock Savage Sunny out. Hold SavageSunny up to the mirror with regular Sunny’s image. A Dispel Magic maybe. A Freedom spell?

Bryson runs up and tries to grab evil Sunny. But he missed.

(npc) Burian lashed out with his hair tentacles, and also grappled Savage Sunny.

Savage Sunny squirmed like a python under your hands as she hissed and tried to escape the double grapple.
Escape Grapple: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 She squirted free.
She took her extra standard action to attack Bryson.
Slash attack: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36 for a possible 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 Magic and slashing damage.


Round 2 ___________________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

Sunny is stuck in the mirror, unable to interact. Her player controls the image and can speak, but can take no other actions.
Her body is afflicted with the Savage template and is run by the GM.

TACTICAL MAP


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

When Evil-Sunny strikes Bryson, his eyes flare in anger and he growls out. "Ya betrayin', crazed slitch!" Bryson yells at Sunny in a way that none of the others have ever heard him speak to anyone, particularly a woman. He barely maintains any control. The only indication that he has any is that he uses his blade as well as tooth and claw.

Scimitar +1:
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 = 31 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

Scimitar +1:
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 - 5 = 25 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

Bite: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 - 5 = 10 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10

Claw: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 - 5 = 24 to hurt: 1d4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny leans up against the glass and watches amazed as Sunny slips seemingly easily out of Captain Ghirrak's clutches.

"Oooo. Gon' have ta' remember that one..." She muses then gasps at Master Bryson's meany speaking.

"Hey! No call fer that! You'd be a mite angry cooped up in'a mirror all this time too!" She admonishes her friend a little crossly herself. Then she thinks for a moment before fishing about amongst her gear...

Not sure what sort of roll Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Then waving a glittering 'Something' up against the glass.

"Hey ya there! Looky! SHINY !" She calls to herself.

Bluff:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

(^_^)


Male Human Wizard 8

Possessed or not, trying to pin Sunny down seemed like being a hiding to nothing, and knocking her senseless wasn't a desirable outcome either. That left disrupting the possession, and and the only question was whether to go after Sunny's body or the mirror.

Marius opted for the mirror to start with. If nothing else, it was holding still.

Casting dispel magic on the mirror.
Caster level check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Round 2 completed ___________________________

When Evil-Sunny strikes Bryson, his eyes flare in anger and he growls out. "Ya betrayin', crazed slitch!"
In a frenzy, he swung on and hit Savage Sunny three time, dealing moderate damage each time.

Sunny thinks for a moment before fishing about amongst her gear...
But she can’t even feel herself, as she has no physical form right now.

Marius opted for the mirror to start with. If nothing else, it was holding still.
Casting dispel magic on the mirror. He saw Sunny’s image dim a little, but then came back again.

Marius:
Well, another possibility down. You wonder if maybe if Savage Sunny stood in front of the Magic Mirror again she might switch places again.

(NPC) Ghirrak rolled into flank, and pummeled Sunny, dealing serious damage with each punch.

Buran lashed out with his hair, but missed.

Savage Sunny looked like she might attack Bryson, but then grinned, and quick as lightning, slipped out from between Bryson and Ghirrak and behind Burian.
She Grappled and bit Burian, draining him of blood and clearly weakening him.


Round 3 ___________________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

Sunny is stuck in the mirror, unable to interact. Her player controls the image and can speak, but can take no other actions.
Her body is afflicted with the Savage template and is run by the GM.

TACTICAL MAP


Male Half-orc Monk (Iron Mountain) 8 |HP: 54/61 | AC:26, T 19, FF 21 | Fort: +9 Ref:+10 Will:+12 (+14 Enchantment) |CMB +12 (+16 grapple), CMD 25 (27) | Init+3 | Perc +13 | Ki Pool 9/9

Racing after Sunny's dark reflection, Ghirrak slams his fist into her again, determined to incapacitate her before she can kill one of his crew.

Unarmed strike/Charge: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Bludgeoning: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny frowns, looking a little disappointed, "Bugger an' dang-it..." She swears at the situation.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 As she begins to look around for something on her side of the glass to maybe help out with.

Disable Device:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (Maybe?)

Oooo, tha' dice roller be right helpful... Not!


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9

Bryson continues to go after Evil-Sunny.

Scimitar +1:
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

Scimitar +1:
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 - 5 = 10 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

Bite: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 - 5 = 22 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

Claw: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 - 5 = 8 to hurt: 1d4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8


Male Human Wizard 8

Marius lacked faith in the others' ability to pin the possessed Sunny down and drag her over to the mirror. Plus, communicating that plan to them might prompt her to bolt, and then where would they be?

Instead, carefully placing his back to the mirror, he opted for taunting and trickery. "Hey, Sunny! What happened to the 'kill the squishy wizard' plan? I question your tactical acumen and your attention span!"

Bluff seems the appropriate check here. Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sense Moptive:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Sunny peers out from 'Behind' Marius...

Aid Another Bluff:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Shiny!" She continues to try and taunt herself.

(^_^)


Round 3 completed___________________________

Racing after Sunny's dark reflection, Ghirrak slams his fist into her again, determined to incapacitate her. He connected for moderate damage.

Sunny frowns, looking a little disappointed, "Bugger an' dang-it..." She swears at the situation.
Sshe begins to look around for something on her side of the glass to maybe help out with. She can feel the hardened surface of the glass separating her from her companions, and the strange gravity-like force drawing her to it, but nothing else.

Bryson continues to go after Evil-Sunny. He hit twice for moderate damage, and missed twice wildly as well.

Marius carefully placing his back to the mirror, he opted for taunting and trickery. "Hey, Sunny! What happened to the 'kill the squishy wizard' plan? I question your tactical acumen and your attention span!"
Bluff seems the appropriate check here. Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

(npc) Burian’s hair attacked Savage Sunny from several directions, but only achieved a single hit for moderate damage and wrapping around an arm.

Marius seemed to have guessed right, Savage Sunny, let go of Burian, slipped free of his hair and charged to attack Marius.
charge Slash attack: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 2 = 27 for a possible 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 Magic and slashing damage.
Bryson, Ghirrak and Burian gain AoOs vs Savage Sunny.


Round 4 ___________________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

Sunny is stuck in the mirror, unable to interact. Her player controls the image and can speak, but can take no other actions.
Her body is afflicted with the Savage template and is run by the GM.

TACTICAL MAP


Male Human Wizard 8

Marius ducked out of the way so that he was no longer blocking the possessed Sunny's line of sight to the mirror.

He gave it a few moments to see if the=is would do the trick before calling, "Make her stare into the mirror!"


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9


Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Communal Endure Elements:

"She look anywhere ah want once't I done rip 'er head off."

Scimitar +1:
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 = 31 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

Scimitar +1:
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 - 5 = 17 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

Bite: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 = 20 to hurt: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

Claw: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 = 28 to hurt: 1d4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21
Bryson Deepwinter wrote:


"She look anywhere ah want once't I done rip 'er head off."

Sunny frowns. "People's heads dun't be workin' that way..." She patiently explains to Master Bryson.

"All'a bits got'a be attached, like."


With Bryson's savage beatdown, coupled with Ghirrak and Burian, they manage to drag Savage Sunny over to the mirror which held Regular Sunny.
As she got close, her features sagged and flowed, and when she is forced into contact with the mirror there is a flash and Regular Sunny is flung into the room.
Sunny is back! Though she is carrying 44 points of nonlethal damage.


BURIAN

Burian makes with his wand and heals the party of the HP damage taken so far.


Marius notices that the other mirror has opened an interdimensional aperture.

Marius:
Probably the next stage. You theorize that two cultists must come in order to meet with their masters; one of which is sacrificed, like Sunny almost was.
You know that it will only remain open for a short time.
Only one can move through it at a time, so who goes first?


Island Elf(link) HP 37;56;Fort+6;Ref+11;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Ref Save:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Sunny staggers as reality reasserts itself. Then she plops down on the floor.

"Oooo... even me eyebrows hurt..." She mumbles even as Burian's soothing magic smooth away the pummeling she's somehow received.

She looks first to the mirror and thence around the room.

"So, after all tha' fun an' shenanigans. Did anything happen while I were away?"

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Which would be a 'Yes' as DM-Camris' last post appears between me workin' on me own reply. XD


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 8| HP 94/94| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +10 Re +5 Wi +12; SR 20| Init +3| Percep +23, Darkvision 60', Low-Light Vision| Wildshape 3/3, Destructive Smite 9/9


Greater Magic Fang: +1 to natural attacks
Longstrider: +10 move
Communal Endure Elements:

Bryson will try to bully his way to the front if he's told about the mirrors.


Male Human Wizard 8

"There," Marius said, pointing at the other mirror, "The mirror's been turned into a dimensional aperture. We don't have much time before it closes, but we can hope there won't be any further obstacles in our path." Or ritual tests of loyalty or obeisances as the case might be.

There was probably no talking Bryson out of taking the lead, but Marius would be close behind him.

There had been some fairly impressive displays of spellcraft on display. One could hope though, that these reflected planning and preparation, rather than raw might. Otherwise, they could be in serious trouble. In the even that they survived this, Marius would be writing up some fairly extensive notes.

851 to 900 of 939 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' SAVAGE TIDE: Chapter 4, Here There Be Monsters... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.