DM-Camris' SAVAGE TIDE: Chapter 4, Here There Be Monsters...

Game Master Camris

Section 1: Shipwrecked on the Isle of Dread!
Faced with a dangerous journey, the heroes must escort a ragged band of castaways through monster-infested wildlands in order to reach the safety promised by the colony of Farshore on the isle's southern tip.
ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
Google Map TACTICAL MAP
Quick Sketch of the Isle of Dread


1 to 50 of 203 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Welcome to the continuation of DM-Camris' Savage Tide Adventure path!
For the end of the previous chapter, go to HERE


You come slowly to conciousness again, your bodies aching with bruises and a great knot on your head. You are carrying 20 points of nonlethal damage.
You realize that you are pinned down halfway into wet sand, your limbs entangled by ratlines and covered by a section of decking. Your condition is Grappled.
From the sound of gulls, the thread of sunlight that makes its way to you and the hot breeze, it is midmorning and the storm is clearly over now.
Off in the distance you can hear voices...


AVNER MERAVACHI

"Friends and boon companions! With the unfortunate death of our dear Captain and his partners, it is only my duty as a Nobleman that I assume command over this expedition..." You hear, somewhere in the middle distance.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

Bryson comes to with a start and immediately begins to struggle against whatever is holding him down.
His Miasma reflexively activates (potentially effecting close by allies)

CMB: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Miasma (Ex):
Starting at 5th level, if a blight druid is adjacent to a creature at the beginning of its turn, the creature must succeed at a Fortitude save with a DC of 18 or become sickened for 1 round. A creature of the animal, fey, or plant type that fails its save is nauseated for 1 round and sickened for 1 minute thereafter. If the creature makes its save, it is immune to this effect for 24 hours, as are creatures immune to disease. This ability replaces trackless step and resist nature’s lure.


During this first full round, Bryson's struggles free him from the entangling ratlines (No longer Grappled), but is still held down by the weight of the deck overhead. His companions are more than five feet away, so are not sickened; but they do start to smell something awful nearby.


Half-Orc Monk 7 (Sacred Mountain)

Taking a moment to get his bearings, Ghirrak takes stock of the situation, his positioning, the aches and pains over his body and closes his eyes for a moment in focus. With a sudden explosive movement, the Captain bursts out of the sandy ground in a shower of debris, standing like the warrior champion they know. "Don't be in such a hurry to pronounce people dead Avner, you're not quite that lucky."

CMB: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Ghirrak's also immune to disease


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny groans as awarness slowly returns....

"I... think. I think I bumped me head...." She mumbles, possibly to her slightly adled self, even as she begins to wriggle and test the effects of what ever it is that's restricting her movments.

Escape Artist:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Human Wizard 7

As Marius came to, a sense of rising panic engulfed him. Shipwrecked. Again. Washed up on some desolate shore, with who knew how many shipmates dead this time? Being pinned down and entangled certainly wasn't making things better.

Nearby voices cut through the panic, providing him with something to focus on. Bit by bit, he got his breathing under control and the debilitating sensations subsided.

At length, he had regained sufficient equilibrium to do something about his situation, casting a spell to exercise command over the ratlines and untangle them from around him.

Casting Animate Rope.
Concentration check to cast while grappled: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Versus DC 11 plus the ratlines' CMB (if any)

If the casting is successful, I'd say Marius can disentangle himself, at least. Whether he can help others with the spell depends on whether the same length of rope is entangling others or whether the ropes are separate.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

"I am not dead"
Bryson tries to lift the deck off him.
Strength: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
He gets angry and turns into a Demon Gorilla and tries again.
Strength: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25


Fighter2/Witch5 ~ AC17 (20) tch14 ff14 (17) ~ HP 46/53 ~ Fort+6 Ref+5 Will+5 ~ CMD19 ~ Init+3, Per+2

CMB: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Burian struggles for a moment, snorts in disgust, then curses under his breath - once again finding himself in need of assistance.

"Is everyone alright? I am unable to free myself, and have a splitting headache is all.... Has anyone sustained serious injury?"


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

I think Sunny rolled enough to get out from under tha' stuffs....?

Sunny wriggles out from under the flotsam (Or is it jetsam?). Spending a moment or two to simply sit on the warm sand and gently feel about herself as she takes in her lumps and bruises.

"Is everyone alright? I am unable to free myself, and have a splitting headache is all.... Has anyone sustained serious injury?" Comes Burrian's voice from... some where amgnst the wreckage.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Sunny wastes no time in scampering over and helping her freind get free, doing little more for herself than absently shaking the sand from her tussled, blond locks.

"Here ye go. I is got ye..." Sunny helps Burian at least sit up. Dragging wood and rope away from her freind. Once Burian is reasonably cleared away she kneels in the sand and looks about, taking in the scene arrayed around them.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Slowly, the heroes come to consciousness and start to struggle to get free of a tangle of ratlines under a section of ships decking. They hear Avner declaiming about taking command somewhere off in the distance.

Ghirrak, in a sudden explosive movement, bursts out of the sandy ground in a shower of deck debris, standing like the warrior champion they know. "Don't be in such a hurry to pronounce people dead Avner, you're not quite that lucky."

Standing in the morning light, Ghirrak took in his surroundings.
Around him was an expanse of white sand, littered with driftwood and ship’s wreckage. Off to one side, the sand spread down to the shoreline of seawater, which rolled in and out endlessly. Off to the other, the sand stretched to the treeline of a dense jungle.
A little ways away, you see a bedraggled Avner Meravachi addressing a sad cluster of crew and settlers. They all were gazing towards Ghirrak, mouths agape.
Further out into the ocean, a couple hundered yards, you see a dismasted ship stuck on a rock islet.
Then… Ghirrak noticed that the crew was pointing at him. No, not at him, PAST him. He turned quickly as monstrous footsteps approached rapidly from behind…

"I am not dead" Bryson tries to lift the deck off him, but it is fruitless.
He gets angry and turns into a Demon Gorilla and tries again…

The monster resembles nothing so much as a Dragon without wings, tiny little arms and a giant head with soooo many teeth! Players will recognize it as a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
As it charged up to chomp down on Ghirrak, Demon Gorilla Bryson stood up and hurled the decking aside, catapulting Ghirrak several yards away into the sand. Acrobatics DC20 to avoid 10 points fall damage.
Tyrannosaur charge attack vs Bryson: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 2 = 37 for a possible 4d6 + 22 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 4) + 22 = 35 slashing damage plus Grab. Blood fountains into the air as Demon Gorilla Bryson is bitten and grappled.


Round 1________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

As the decking is hurled aside, the players begin the round free of ratlines and decking. You are no longer grappled (aside from Bryson).

ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
GOOGLE DRIVE TACTICAL MAP


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

I can be seein' tha' picture of tha' map an' stuffs.

But.. when I go looky at tha' game map.. I is still seelin' tha' old ship wreck map. Tha' one wiff tha' plant critters....

Sunny looks on agog at the big lizard critter. "Tha's a big 'un..."

So... is it my linky, maybe?


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

Bryson-Demon Gorilla (Dire Ape, large) HP 82/82| AC 22 FF 20 Touch 12| Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +10| LLV, Scent| Str 24 Dex 14 Con 18| CMB +12 CMD 25| Spd 50
Bite: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13 to hurt: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Claw: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13 to hurt: 1d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9
Claw: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 1 = 25 to hurt: 1d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10

Bryson tries to reverse the dinosaur's grip.
1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 = 28 Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


OK, you should be able to see the right Roll20 map now.


Fighter2/Witch5 ~ AC17 (20) tch14 ff14 (17) ~ HP 46/53 ~ Fort+6 Ref+5 Will+5 ~ CMD19 ~ Init+3, Per+2

Burian nods to Sunny as he gets to his feet - grateful for her assistance. His eyes widen as the dinosaur charges in.
"Oh gods.. it's huge...."
After making sweeping gestures with his hand, he mutters an unintelligible phrase. A dim light radiates outward and quickly fades.

He draws his cutlass as he strafes around the massive lizard.

bless to all (Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for seven minutes)


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

yay! I can be seein' it. (^_^)

With Burian running right and Bryson taking the middle Sunny runs left.

Please move Sunny diagonally down right on the page as many squares as possible, please.

Uhm.. I dun't seem t'a be able ta be doin' nuffin'?

Can't seem to interact with the map. Is strange.


OK Sunny, I think thats got it. Try moving your token now.


Male Human Wizard 7

Frightening as the wingless dragon might be, it was at least a creature of flesh and blood which could be fought. As such, Marius laid into the beast, secure in the knowledge that he could hardly miss it given its size.

Casting scorching ray, 2 bolts.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 3) = 12
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 6) = 23


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

*Hugz DM* Thank'e muchly fer ye help an' fixin' of all'a things! (^_^)

Okeys! I is moved me selfs.

Sunny quickly scmapers across the sands. Her bare feet flying across the soft surface leaving little more than slight scuff marks as she rounds behind Marious and... seems to disappear.

Vanishing trick plus 'Bluff'.

Bluff check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Not sure if tha' critter uses it's eyes or its nose fer workin' out where things be...will has ta' be hopin' fer tha' bestest.


Round 1 completed________________

Bryson initially scrabbled uselessly at the creature’s mouth, only managing a minor scratch at the gumline. Bryson tries to reverse the dinosaur's grip, but is unable to dislodge the creature’s monstrous power.

Burian nods to Sunny as he gets to his feet - grateful for her assistance. His eyes widen as the dinosaur charges in. After making sweeping gestures with his hand, he mutters an unintelligible phrase. A dim light radiates outward and quickly fades. The party is Blessed.
He draws his cutlass as he strafes around the massive lizard.
bless to all (Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for seven minutes)

With Burian running right and Bryson taking the middle Sunny runs left.

Frightening as the wingless dragon might be, it was at least a creature of flesh and blood which could be fought. As such, Marius laid into the beast, secure in the knowledge that he could hardly miss it given its size.
Casting scorching ray, 2 bolts. Both blazing beams make direct hits on the gargantuan creature, making flesh char and burn.

Sunny quickly scmapers across the sands. Her bare feet flying across the soft surface leaving little more than slight scuff marks as she rounds behind Marious and... seems to disappear.

[npc]Ghirrak rolled easily to his feet in the damp sand, took in the monstrous threat, then accelerated around the wreckage to attack one of the beast’s legs with a flying kick.
Double 20 critical hit! for 2d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + 4 = 17 damage as his foot sank home into the scaly hide. Certain he felt something break under his foot, he sprang back again.

The Tyrannosaurus flipped Bryson up and…
CMB vs Bryson CMD: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (15) + 32 = 47
…Swallowed Bryson Whole with a gulp dealing 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 22 = 32 damage.
Bryson remains Grappled in the creature’s gut, but away from all those teeth.
Then it turned around to see what hit it in the foot.


Round 2________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
GOOGLE DRIVE TACTICAL MAP


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

Bryson-Demon Ape bites and scratches trying to escape the beast's guts. He releases his Miasma as well.

Bryson-Demon Ape (Dire Ape, large) HP 82/82| AC 22 FF 20 Touch 12| Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +10| LLV, Scent| Str 24 Dex 14 Con 18| CMB +12 CMD 25| Spd 50, Climb 30

Bite: gtr magic fang, bless
to hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4 to hurt: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Claw: gtr magic fang, bless
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 29 to hurt: 1d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Claw: gtr magic fang, bless
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 17 to hurt: 1d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12

Miasma (Ex):

Starting at 5th level, if a blight druid is adjacent to a creature at the beginning of its turn, the creature must succeed at a Fortitude save with a DC of 18 or become sickened for 1 round. A creature of the animal, fey, or plant type that fails its save is nauseated for 1 round and sickened for 1 minute thereafter. If the creature makes its save, it is immune to this effect for 24 hours, as are creatures immune to disease. This ability replaces trackless step and resist nature’s lure.


Fort save: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Bryson's bite didn't do anything, but his first slash cut halfway through the guts he was wrapped in, and his second tore through the scaly hide. Bryson spilled like a newborn babe out onto the damp sand accompanied by a welter of blood, phlegm, acidic slime and intestines.


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Will save:1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24

Seeing Bryson disappear into the giant critter's mouth almost elicits a scream of denial/rage/terror from the plucky Elven lass.

Scamper in and give this critter a good shellakin'!

Att Roll 1:1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23

Att Roll 2:1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20

Att Roll 3:1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Dam ROll 1:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dam ROll 2:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dam ROll 3:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

She keeps her head though and races into deliver a wicked series of blows against the unsuspecting creature's flank. (Am hopin' tha' critter be all flat feeted an' stuffs. Though her attackes seem to do little actual damage.

Sunny is no longer 'Vanished' after her attack

(Am gon'a have ta' work on that)

Seeing Bryson reemerge from within the belly of the beast cheers Sunny no end... THough she does wrinkle her nose a tad at the 'Icky-ness' of Byrson's return.


Sunny, you can add sneak damage as well, since you hit its flat-footed AC two out of three attacks.


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Will save: 24

Seeing Bryson disappear into the giant critter's mouth almost elicits a scream of denial/rage/terror from the plucky Elven lass.

Scamper in and give this critter a good shellakin'!

Att Roll 1:23

Att Roll 2:20

Att Roll 3:6

Dam ROll 1: 4

Dam ROll 2: 5

Dam ROll 3: 5

She keeps her head though and races into deliver a wicked series of blows against the unsuspecting creature's flank. (Am hopin' tha' critter be all flat feeted an' stuffs. Though her attackes seem to do little actual damage.

Sunny is no longer 'Vanished' after her attack

(Am gon'a have ta' work on that)

Seeing Bryson reemerge from within the belly of the beast cheers Sunny no end... THough she does wrinkle her nose a tad at the 'Icky-ness' of Byrson's return.

DM-Camris wrote:
Sunny, you can add sneak damage as well, since you hit its flat-footed AC two out of three attacks.

Ah! Okeys! (^_^)

Dam ROll 1:4 + 2d6 ⇒ 4 + (6, 3) = 13

Dam ROll 2:5 + 2d6 ⇒ 5 + (3, 5) = 13


Half-Orc Monk 7 (Sacred Mountain)

Ghirrak attacks the monstrous creature head-on, standing his ground as he unleashes an unrelenting flurry of attacks.

Ki Flurry/ Bless: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Ki Flurry/ Bless: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Ki Flurry/ Bless: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Ki Flurry/ Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Wizard 7

This fight wasn't looking great. Oh, sure, Bryson had been able to claw his way out of the beast's belly, but Marius didn't like his own chances of emulating that feat, and it was difficult to say just how much punishment it would take to fell the dragon.

Accordingly, Marius followed up with a lightning bolt in an effort to end things quickly. Another advantage of such a large foe was that he could aim the bolt well over the others' heads and still hit his target.

Casting lightning bolt, damage: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 2, 6, 3, 3) = 24, DC17 reflex for half.


Fighter2/Witch5 ~ AC17 (20) tch14 ff14 (17) ~ HP 46/53 ~ Fort+6 Ref+5 Will+5 ~ CMD19 ~ Init+3, Per+2

Burian scrambles over near Bryson and whips his hair at the massive lizard.

hair 10' reach: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
slashing damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 plus bleed damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Round 2 completed________________

Bryson's bite (nor his Miasma) didn't do anything, but his first slash cut halfway through the guts he was wrapped in, and his second tore through the scaly hide. Bryson spilled like a newborn babe out onto the damp sand accompanied by a welter of blood, phlegm, acidic slime and intestines.

Sunny almost screams, but keeps her head though and races into deliver a wicked series of blows against the unsuspecting creature's flank, appearing seemingly out of nowhere to hit hard two of three times.
Seeing Bryson reemerge from within the belly of the beast cheers Sunny no end... Though she does wrinkle her nose a tad at the 'Icky-ness' of Byrson's return.

Ghirrak attacks the monstrous creature head-on, standing his ground as he unleashes an unrelenting flurry of attacks. It is difficult to pierce the thick hide, but two of his strikes punch through for moderate damage.

Accordingly, Marius followed up with a lightning bolt in an effort to end things quickly. With a brilliant flash and boom, the lightning struck home, but still the dragon stood!

Burian scrambles over near Bryson and whips his hair at the massive lizard.
But he was unable to pierce the thick hide of the dragon.

Reeling from the sudden assault and the excruciating pain in his belly, the Tyrannosaur lunged down to attack the nearest target; Ghirrak!
Tyrannosaur bite attack vs Ghirrak: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23 for a possible 4d6 + 22 ⇒ (2, 1, 5, 5) + 22 = 35 slashing damage plus Grab.


Round 3________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
GOOGLE DRIVE TACTICAL MAP


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny steps further away from the big, pointy, gnashy toothy end of the critter but continues to punch and kcick away at the critter's hide. Mainly aiming at a leg to try and slow the thing down shold it decide to move some where else.

Flurry Roll 1:1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15

Flurry Roll 2:1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

Flurry Roll 3:1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17

Dam 1:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dam 2:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dam 3:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Well.. that's a underwhelmin' series of events.... (>_>)


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

Bryson-Demon Ape (Dire Ape, large) HP 82/82| AC 22 FF 20 Touch 12| Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +10| LLV, Scent| Str 24 Dex 14 Con 18| CMB +12 CMD 25| Spd 50, Climb 30

Bryson Demon-Ape launches himself at the giant gekko.
Bite: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7 to hurt: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13
Claw: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23 to hurt: 1d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Claw: gtr magic fang
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26 to hurt: 1d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11


Half-Orc Monk 7 (Sacred Mountain)

Heh AC is 24 with Dodge

Will post my attacks in the morning


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Oh! I completely fergots! I'd be havin' a +2 'cause a flankin', right?

That'd make a bit a differance.

(^_^)


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

Bryson gets the flank bonus too!


Fighter2/Witch5 ~ AC17 (20) tch14 ff14 (17) ~ HP 46/53 ~ Fort+6 Ref+5 Will+5 ~ CMD19 ~ Init+3, Per+2

Burian growls in frustration.
"Devastating bites! We must bring it down quickly.. but.. its hide is ridiculous!"

10' reach hair: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21
slashing damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 plus bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Round 3 completed________________

Sunny steps further away from the big, pointy, gnashy toothy end of the critter but continues to punch and kcick away at the critter's hide.
But even with her flanking position she is unable to pierce the gargantuan creatures thick hide.

Bryson Demon-Ape launches himself at the giant gekko.
His ferocious attacks claw deeply into the Tyrannosaur two of three attempts, dealing moderate damage.

Burians long hair lash out and manage to punch into the creature’s hide, dealing modest damage and opening a bleeding wound.

(npc)Marius fired his crossbow, but the bolt just stuck uselessly into its hide.

(npc)Ghirrak launched a flurry of kicks and hard fist at the enormous creature, but couldn’t pierce the creature’s thick hide.

Tyrannosaur bite attack vs Ghirrak: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27 for a possible 4d6 + 22 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 2) + 22 = 36 slashing damage plus Grab.


Round 4________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

ROLL20 TACTICAL MAP
GOOGLE DRIVE TACTICAL MAP


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

Bryson-Demon Ape (Dire Ape, large) HP 82/82| AC 22 FF 20 Touch 12| Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +10| LLV, Scent| Str 24 Dex 14 Con 18| CMB +12 CMD 25| Spd 50, Climb 30

Bryson slashes and bites and rips and tears.

Bite: gtr magic fang, flank
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 18 to hurt: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Claw: gtr magic fang, flank
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 23 to hurt: 1d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9
Claw: gtr magic fang, flank
to hit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 21 to hurt: 1d4 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11


And with Bryson's clawed attacks being the last straw, the gargantuan creature roared for the last time as it slowly toppled over onto Sunny's position (Ref save Sunny!). Quite dead.


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21
DM-Camris wrote:
And with Bryson's clawed attacks being the last straw, the gargantuan creature roared for the last time as it slowly toppled over onto Sunny's position (Ref save Sunny!). Quite dead.

(O_o)

Ref:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"EEp!"

*THUMP!*


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

I done got squished.


As Sunny tries to get away from the falling monster, the soft sand betrays her and it lands on her hard.
Fortunately, the soft sand prevents her from being crushed flat as she only takes 22 points nonlethal.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

Bryson-Demon Ape stands over the downed dinosaur, chest heaving while he tries to calm himself. "Eat me? Gonna eat you." he mumbles.


Island Elf(link) HP13/49(Non-lethal damage);Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21
DM-Camris wrote:

As Sunny tries to get away from the falling monster, the soft sand betrays her and it lands on her hard.

Fortunately, the soft sand prevents her from being crushed flat.

(X_X)

I is all smooshed flat


Carefully, Avner Meravachi poked his head up over a dune, his eyes wide. The others seem to have run off.
"Captain?"


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 7| HP 82/82| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21| Wildshape 2/2

"What? Why? This thing? Go get them. Tell them dinner's ready."

1 to 50 of 203 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' SAVAGE TIDE: Chapter 4, Here There Be Monsters... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.