Kingmaker: For Clan and Crown

Game Master michael.lenehan

The land rush is on! Sent south by Brevoy, the heroes have the unenviable task of venturing into the infamous Stolen Lands and annexing the territory, facing down monsters, bandits, and worse. It's hard enough to conquer territory—but does a ragtag band of adventures have what it takes to found and defend a burgeoning kingdom from the terrors of the wild?


1 to 50 of 65 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Kingmaker: For Clan and Crown Battle Maps

The day finally arrived. After almost a month of interviews and exercises the final four groups of explorers was set to be announced today. As you enter the grand hall of the mayor’s residence you notice several long tables set up in the middle of the room and sideboards laden with various meats and cheeses line the walls. Several casks of wine and ale, already tapped, stand in a corner presided over by a steward who seems intent on ensuring every cup is full.

As you look around you notice several of the tables nearer the high table seem to have already been claimed. At one table, a handsome man wearing full plate armor, a tabard emblazoned with the longsword symbol of Iomedae worn over it, sits locked in deep discussion with similarly armored men. At another table a man dressed in noble finery sits with another man, wearing a suit of highly polished chain mail, airily gesturing with his wine cup while observing events. At a third table sits a hard-eyed man, his dark hair (turning grey at the temples) pulled back in a ponytail, warily eyeing the arriving guests as his men seem particularly uninterested in the festivities going on around them. As you enter the room this man raises his glass to you in a quiet salute.

Knowledge (nobility) DC:12:

The man is Maegar Varn, a minor noble, allied with house Medvyed

A fourth table sits currently unoccupied. As you take a place at this table you are soon joined by five other people, clearly adventurers and fortune-seekers, like yourself. As your table fills in servants bring platters of meats and cheeses along with trays of wine, ale, and mead.

Feel free to take this opportunity to introduce yourselves.


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

A tall yet slender half-elven man enters the room.
Wearing hide armor over a set of heavy clothes more suited for the outdoors than the city. A pendant in the shape of a drawn bow and arrow dangles over the front of his armor, and a longbow and arrow quiver is slung at his back. Despite the humble outfit, the clothing appears clean, well made, and well cared for.

Now where should I. . . Ah, over there.
Seeing the empty table, he walks over and leans his bow and quiver nearby but out of the way. He then takes an empty seat, shifting the long dagger and the spiked Morningstar at his belt to settle in more comfortably.

As the others arrive he greets each person with a smile, which despite its warmth is a bit grim and unsettling.
"Well met neighbor. I'm Terryl Tholor. Pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm looking forward to working with you."


Male Human Ranger 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (21 w/ shield) | Init: +4 | Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +2 | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Attacks: Rapier (+6 hit, 1d6+2 damage) , MWK Longbow (+7 hit, 1d8 + 2 damage) | Perception: +8

A young, rugged looking human sits down at the table. He wears a breastplate under his dark green cloak. All of his equipment looks brand new except for an old, yet well cared for longbow and quiver. He is clearly somewhat anxious and uncomfortable to be here.

Look at this place! I've never been somewhere so fancy. People pouring my drinks for me? I've really made it, haven't I? This is the last place in the world Galvar and his crew would think to find me in.

Halden helps himself to the refreshments, avoiding eye contact with the other explorers.

When Terryl introduces himself, Halden notices the pendant around his neck. Is that the symbol of Erastil? Just like dear old dad? Maybe I should have taken my chances with Galvar instead. This could get ugly.

"Halden Elwood, at your service. Or just Hal if you would prefer. I hope you are all ready for this. Exploring the woods won't be easy."


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

"Hal it is then. Call me Teryll. And I think I'm ready. I've spent most of my life hunting in the woods near the border, so I've got a bit of familiarity with this type of thing. That's a fine looking bow, an archer are you?"

I forgot to include before; when speaking he pronounces his name as Terr-ell.


Male Human Wizard (Transmuter)-2 - | AC: 16/ Flat: 14/Touch: 12 | HP: 15| F: +2 | R: +2 | W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +0 | SM: +0

Knowledge: Nobility:
Knowledge: Nobility: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

As he enters, Kern's grey eyes sweep the room, noting the four tables,
Knights, possibly Paladins
Some noble, here by connections
Maegar Varn, it looks like he's put together a hard crew
...and the thrown-together misfits

I guess I know where I belong.

No one up front, so I'm not late. Good.

He moves to the table, staff lightly tapping the floor as he walks. Before sitting, he nods to the two obvious outdoorsmen, "Therensgard, call me Kern." He gestures with the staff in his left hand, "Wizard. It looks like the others must have been selected in groups, so I expect we will be travelling together."


Male Human Ranger 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (21 w/ shield) | Init: +4 | Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +2 | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Attacks: Rapier (+6 hit, 1d6+2 damage) , MWK Longbow (+7 hit, 1d8 + 2 damage) | Perception: +8

"Yes, I am an archer. I've been hunting since I was just a boy. Like to think I've gotten pretty good at it."

Halden turns to Kern. "A wizard huh? Can't say that I've ever met a wizard before. What sort of magic can you do?"


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

"That's good then. Two of us with experience in the wilds means we can split the work load."

Turning to Kern he says;
"Nice to meet you Kern. Being a wizard takes a lot of studying right?"
Without waiting for an answer he continues;
"Studying magic like that takes a lot of work, and if you can do that then you're probably the kind of person we can use on this thing."


Female Half-Elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2: HP 19/19 : AC: 14, T: 12, FF: 12: Fort: +5 Reflex: + 2 Will: +7 (+9 Enchantment) : Perception +8

Faerin enters the grand hall, pausing in the entrance to take in the already packed room, a little overwhelmed by this many people in one place.

Standing a bit taller than the average human woman, and graced with a naturally sleekly athletic build, the young woman possesses a subtle, yet exotic beauty, blending elven and human features harmoniously. Mid-length auburn hair kept in a loose braid over one shoulder, complexion carrying a rich golden tinge of sun exposure, she wears simple clothing of green and brown, covered in brown, light leather armor.

Looking around the room, she gravitates toward the least occupied table, noting the three rugged looking men already seated at it, in discussion. As she approaches the table, taking a seat at the least occupied end, she gives them a polite nod. ”Well met gentlemen.” she says in a quiet voice with a rural lilt to it.

Up close, further details become noticeable. She wears little in the way of jewelry, a simple leather pendant necklace, and plain silver earrings accompany a small silver ring piercing her nose. Delicate vine pattern tattoos snake around her arms, disappearing under her armor, thought perhaps her most notable feature is her eyes, which seem to continually shift between blue, green and grey depending on the light.

As she sits, she props a staff against the table, adjusting the sickle at her hip. "That is quite a lot of food!"


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

Terry stands as the woman approaches the table.
"Well met Ma'am. Welcome to our table."

He waits until she sits before retaking his seat.

He then looks over the food that has begun to arrive, and puts together a plate with a selection of small portions from each of the different platters. When the servant asks for his drink preference, he requests a mug of ale, which when it arrives; he sets in front of him.

Aside from setting up his meal, he does not begin eating yet.


Male Human Wizard (Transmuter)-2 - | AC: 16/ Flat: 14/Touch: 12 | HP: 15| F: +2 | R: +2 | W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +0 | SM: +0

Still scanning the room, Kern eats absent-mindedly as he responds, "I haven't had time to get into the wider range of magic, mostly concentrating on combat and utility magics." He nods to Teryll, "A fair amount of study, yes. I'll have to direct future studies towards our needs."

Kern nods to the elven-blooded woman as she joins the table, glancing at her garb and weapons and pointing to his table-mates in turn "If I've overheard correctly, Hal. Teryll", then to himself, "Kern".


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Aldori Defender/Steelbound) 1 VMC Magus

A lanky half-elf enters the room. While he bears no holy symbols or other signs of allegiance, *what* he is is abundantly clear. An Aldori Dueling Sword hangs on his right hip, and his dress makes clear that he is a duelist, if not a particularly wealthy one. As he nears, you may hear the rustle of mail beneath his red and black clothes. His most prominent feature (aside from he sword) is his left arm, which is tattooed from fingertips up into his sleeve as far as can be seen. On a background of blood running over pavement, thorny rose vines grow, appearing to wrap his arms in irregular patterns. At random intervals, roses sprout from the vines, the most prominent of them occupying the back of his left hand.

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Looking over the tables, he sees no familiar faces. An Iomedaean in full plate? How typical. I could dance circles around the man, no doubt. As the man at the third table raises a glass, he returns a small nod, his eyes narrowing. A man to watch, whoever he is. He then sits at the last table, still half-empty. Looking around, he nods to the others. "I'm Pyros." he says with a nod, then adds, after a moment, "Pyros Aldori." His tone makes clear that the latter should be obvious, and he adds it only because one of these rough-looking woodsmen may have been living under a rock out in the wilderness. Literally, even.


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

"Well met Pyros Aldori. Welcome."

Not exactly the humble sort then. But if he calls himself Aldori, then he should at least be good with that pigsticker on his belt.

He turns back to Faerin:
"Thank you Kern. Forgive me for not introducing myself sooner. I let myself get distracted by the bountiful feast they have provided."


Female Half-Elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2: HP 19/19 : AC: 14, T: 12, FF: 12: Fort: +5 Reflex: + 2 Will: +7 (+9 Enchantment) : Perception +8

"No apology needed, there's a lot to take in here." Faerin answers, selecting herself some food. "I'm Faerin, it's good to meet you all."

Though she wasn't too sure about the arrogant swordsman


Female Human Bard 1 / Swashbuckler 1| HP: 20/23 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 15) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +2 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30'| Performance 7/7 | Panache 1/4

Signy arrives late but makes up for it with her enthusiasm. She piles through the door laden with what seem to be all her worldly possessions, issuing effusive hellos all around, and asks everyone and nobody in particular "when do we leave?"

Marching to the table she drops the pack she carries with an "oof!" and snatches up the tankard dangling from her belt. When it's been filled with ale she comes back to the table. After a quick sip she plunks the ale down and makes her way around the table grabbing hands to shake and introducing herself as "Signy Birkirsdottir" with a broad grin.

Signy looks tousled, giving the impression she's not much more than 15 minutes out of bed. Her hair is light blonde with enough gold to give it a warm cast. Her eyes are a pale green. Her skin is also quite pale with a bit of ruddiness. If it weren't for the genuine warmth of her smile, and the slight gap between her front teeth it reveals, her beauty might be intimidating.

Her clothes are mostly the standard fare for travelers, though well-made. The exception is her boots. They are really nice boots. If one knows boots it is clear she has spent generously on them.

Making her way around the table greeting everyone she comes to Pyros last. "Aldori? Nice! I'm so glad to meet you!" When she spies his sword she asks "Oooh! May I see it?"

Signy plops down on the bench beside Pyros and reaches over to snatch her tankard.


Male Human Ranger 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (21 w/ shield) | Init: +4 | Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +2 | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Attacks: Rapier (+6 hit, 1d6+2 damage) , MWK Longbow (+7 hit, 1d8 + 2 damage) | Perception: +8

"Halden Elwood. I look forward to working together." Halden says as the three newcomers arrive.

Two more half-elves? I didn't know there were so many of them around here. Faerin looks like she might be one of those forest witches I've heard about. Not the kind of person I'd want to mess with. It will be good to have her on our side. This Pyros, on the other hand, seems like a bit of an arrogant fool. Bet he won't last three days once we get to the wilderness. And the late woman, Signy, doesn't seem to be taking this seriously. I suppose at the very least they can't possibly be as bad as the last group I was with.

Halden continues to drink, anxiously awaiting the end of the event and his chance to leave. He looked around at the other guests of the mayors home. He hoped not to see any familiar faces. Now would be the worst time to be recognized.


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

Teryll again stands as Signy approaches their table.
"Well met Signy. I'm Teryll Tholor."

She seems a bit flighty, but I guess time will tell.

Seeing that everyone has arrived, Teryll closes his eyes, bows his head down and says softly;
"Benevolent Erastil, I thank thee for this gift of the hunt and the harvest. May your blessings be upon all who share this meal, and to those who provided this unto us."
Opening his eyes, he begins eating from the plate that has been waiting in front of him.


Male Human Wizard (Transmuter)-2 - | AC: 16/ Flat: 14/Touch: 12 | HP: 15| F: +2 | R: +2 | W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +0 | SM: +0

"Pyros, Signy. I'm Kern."

Kern gestures towards the other tables, "I find it concerning that each of the other groups seem to already be organized as groups, while we seem to be thrown together. It may be nothing, but if we end up in competition, it puts us at a disadvantage."


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Aldori Defender/Steelbound) 1 VMC Magus

Pyros looks at Signy, and raises an eyebrow. "It's a dueling sort, essentially identical to many others in this city." He glances at her rapier and tankard. "I suspect you're familiar with the local dueling circuit. Doubtless you've seen its like before. How many other duelists you've known would hand their blade to a stranger?"

---

When Teryll prays, Pyros folds his hands and closes his eyes. Erastil is not my patron, but he is wise and virtuous, and deserving of my respect.


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

At Kern's statement Teryll finishes chewing a bite of food, and wipes his mouth before speaking.
"I don't know Kern, but I don't think the goal is competition here. I think the Stolen Lands are huge, and we six not enough to tame it all at once. No insult to the capabilities of anyone here of course."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Bard 1 / Swashbuckler 1| HP: 20/23 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 15) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +2 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30'| Performance 7/7 | Panache 1/4

Signy laughs at Pyros's question. "I'm not a stranger I'm Signy, we've met. Oh, I know it's a dueling sword. I've seen quite a few of them by now. I know quite a few of the duelists and they've let me see their swords. I can be very persuasive I guess."

None of what Signy says comes off as critical of Pyros or like bragging. She just seems delighted to have found a subject of common interest with him.

"I don't recall seeing you around Restov but if you know people there you might have heard of Jurgis Morozov? Jurgis is a practitioner and watching his Falling Water Gambit is completely to die for. He's absolutely my best friend there. Actually it's due to him I'm going on this expedition. We'd been boinking regularly for a while but he has to get married, bunch of family stuff going on. I guess our thing was making him feel awkward about the wedding so he needed to stop. But he felt bad about stopping too so he gave me a charter to go along on this expedition. He also gave me a family sword as a present." Signy draws it out and hands it over to Pyros. Signy is beaming about the rapier, but Pyros can tell there's nothing the least bit extraordinary about the weapon. "Jurgis is just the sweetest guy ever!"

Signy, who seems to talk a little on the loud side, doesn't bother to lower her voice during any of this. Unless there's a deaf person in the room it would be almost impossible for anyone there to not have heard every word.


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

Did she just say? Oh. Oh my.
He tries to keep a neutral expression, but doesn't quite succeed as he blushes a bit.


Male Human Ranger 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (21 w/ shield) | Init: +4 | Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +2 | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Attacks: Rapier (+6 hit, 1d6+2 damage) , MWK Longbow (+7 hit, 1d8 + 2 damage) | Perception: +8

Responding to Kern, Halden speaks quietly to avoid being overheard by the other tables. "The other teams might be more organized, but that doesn't make them better. Most of them look like fancy-pants nobles that don't realize what they're getting into. I mean, just look at those armored knights. If they start marching through the woods like that, every threat around for miles will know they're there."

Halden raises an eyebrow at Signy's outburst. She is only here with us because some noble got tired of dealing with her? This just keeps getting better and better.

"So, Kern, Pyros, and Signy. No offense but you all look like city folk to me. Have you ever done anything like this before? Surviving in the wilderness?"


Female Human Bard 1 / Swashbuckler 1| HP: 20/23 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 15) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +2 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30'| Performance 7/7 | Panache 1/4

"Nope, never. This is going to be fantastic!"


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

Following the conversation, Teryll nods at Signy's exclamation.
"The wilds are not forgiving. There's some comforts to be found if you know where to look for them; but they are few and far between. We're fortunate I think, to have at least two of us who know our way in the wilds. Regardless of what happens here tonight, we should all meet before we set out, and go over what equipment and supplies everyone has. That way we can assure everyone has the necessary tools for survival at a minimum. We can also assess if there's anything we can use as a group to make things easier. Working together is the only way we can succeed at this.'

Pausing a moment, he goes on.
"Before we get that far, perhaps we should take a moment to discuss our own skills and strong points. Knowing what we have to work with is good first step on the path.


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Aldori Defender/Steelbound) 1 VMC Magus

Pyros' eyes widen a bit at Signy's tale, and he suddenly finds great interest in the plain sword she hands over. Rapier. Goes with the tankard, I suppose. But, did she just...she did, didn't she? He manages not to shake his head in disbelief, before looking back up and handing back the blade. "A well-made weapon." is all he says.

Turning to Teryll with some relief, the Aldori swordsman has the grace to at least look somewhat abashed. "I have little experience of the wild places, I'll admit. My education as a member of the Aldori Swordpact included study of this area's history, government, and culture, and I have studied religion on my own time. I suspect this knowledge will become valuable once we begin to build a settlement, but in the initial exploration, it is less so."


Female Half-Elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2: HP 19/19 : AC: 14, T: 12, FF: 12: Fort: +5 Reflex: + 2 Will: +7 (+9 Enchantment) : Perception +8

Faerin listens quietly as the others talk, getting a feel for the dynamic. So far Pyros seemed to live up to every idea of what a stuck up noble would be like, and probably already considered himself leading the expedition. Though he did bow his head in respect to Erastil's bounty so she supposed he couldn't be all bad.

She couldn't help but smile in amusement when Teryll implies that he and Halden's expertise would save them as a group in the wilds, and outright laughs softly at Signy’s brazen story. She was definitely entertaining to say the least.

”It looks like, random as we appear to be, our various skills and experiences will be a big help”


Male Human Wizard (Transmuter)-2 - | AC: 16/ Flat: 14/Touch: 12 | HP: 15| F: +2 | R: +2 | W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +0 | SM: +0

Is she baiting him? Only time will tell, I suppose

Refocusing to the conversation at hand, Kern thinks a moment before answering, "While I'm no stranger to rough living, I've always relied on specialists to handle procuring field rations and such. My specialty is less Nature than Supernature."

"In practice, aside from magic, I know the history and factions of the area, I've also studied the creation and destruction of fortifications, and have some skill, if not a great deal of talent, in animal training. My horse, Termach, is war-trained, and I have the training to effectively ride him in battle."

"My magics tend towards combat support and logistics at the moment. That may change as out situation becomes clearer."


Male Human Ranger 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (21 w/ shield) | Init: +4 | Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +2 | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Attacks: Rapier (+6 hit, 1d6+2 damage) , MWK Longbow (+7 hit, 1d8 + 2 damage) | Perception: +8

"My main talent is archery, but I am decent in a sword fight as well. I was a hunter before I joined this expedition, so I can help provide food and shelter for us. I can be pretty stealthy if I need to be. I'm also fairly good at spotting and disabling traps. I know how to ride, and have recently purchased a good horse. This expedition will be much easier if we are all mounted."


Female Human Bard 1 / Swashbuckler 1| HP: 20/23 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 15) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +2 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30'| Performance 7/7 | Panache 1/4

Signy's expression shows some disappointment when she realizes the plan is not to set out immediately from where they are. But she quickly rallies her mood.

"Fortune favors the bold, and we will have each other to rely on. We'll do wonderfully out there. As for me I have my sword, and I know some magic." She wiggles the fingers on one of her hands as she mentions the latter ability. "I'm also good with people. You never know who you might meet, even out in the wilderness."


Female Half-Elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2: HP 19/19 : AC: 14, T: 12, FF: 12: Fort: +5 Reflex: + 2 Will: +7 (+9 Enchantment) : Perception +8

”I guess you could say I’m a survivalist and herbalist. My specialty is using herbs, plants and other natural resources to make useful concoctions.” Faerin says after a bit of thought. ”Natural magic comes…well…naturally to me I suppose, and it’s pretty much impossible for me to get lost outdoors.”

She nods at the suggestion that they’d all benefit from being mounted. ”I have a horse as well, but Azalea isn’t really trained for fighting….oh and I’m pretty good with animals I suppose.””


Kingmaker: For Clan and Crown Battle Maps

As the conversations around the table begin to wind down, and the mood seems to shift from festive to restive, despite the efforts of the quartet quietly playing in a corner of the room. A door near the head table opens and the music stops, as if on cue.

Emerging from the door is the Lord Mayor Ioseph Sellemius, and a noblewoman with a well worn dueling sword incongruously strapped across the waist of her gown . Behind the nobles enter two functionaries, bureaucrats really, one of which is carrying four scrolls.

Knowledge (nobility) DC:10:

The woman is Lady Jamandi Aldori, a well known Swordlord and firebrand, often an outspoken critic of the regency in New Stetven

As a side note, any knowledge skill of a DC:10 or less is considered "common knowledge" and anyone (trained or not) can make the check.

As the noise in the room quiets down the Lord Mayor, a middle aged man with bushy sideburns, stands and clears his throat ”My Lords and Ladies, I bid you welcome. Today is a great day, a momentous day, as today we begin to strengthen our borders and secure our trade routes against those who would seek to disrupt or plunder our merchants and our citizens, who are merely going about their normal lives. Today we, the Regent, the Swordlords” He bows his head to the noblewoman seated next to him ”and I, charge all assembled here to go forth and explore the regions outside our borders and to eradicate those enemies of Brevoy who cannot, or will not, see the errors of their ways.”

So saying, he resumes his seat and reaches back to one of the servants standing behind him. The servant hands the Lord Mayor one of the scrolls he is carrying. The Lord Mayor unfurls the scroll, looks it over, and rises again ”To the area known as the Glenebon Uplands, we charge Captain Gabriel Hightower and his band, known as the Iron Wraiths, to rid these hilllands of the barbarian horde known as the Tiger Lords and to make contact with the Kingdom of Pitax and establish a firm border with said kingdom.” As he finishes speaking, the handsome man in the full plate armor stands from his table and walks up to the high table where the Lord Mayor quickly signs the parchment and hands it over to him.

"Next, to the area known as the Nomen Heights, we send Lord Maeger Varn and his men to establish relations with the centaur tribes inhabiting the region and to establish an outpost for continued trade with them.” The hard eyed man who saluted you as you walked in stands and approaches the high table where he receives the scroll from the Lord Mayor and a nod from the noblewoman seated there.

”To the Hooktongue Slough we send Baron Hannis Drelev and his retainers to establish an outpost to secure this most vital trade route.” The nobleman seated next to the General in the chain mail stands and approaches the high table with a bow where he receives his charter.

”And last, but not least, we charge this band of highly skilled adventurers" he indicates your table with a wave of his hand "to explore and chart the area known as the Greenbelt and to secure our borders from the lawless bands who shelter there.” so saying he signs the last scroll with a flourish and stands expectantly, waiting for someone to approach and accept the charter.


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

Just before the Lord Mayor arrives:

"I myself was raised close to the border, so I've spent my life hunting and farming there. I've also worked some as a guard when the townsfolk would caravan goods to the city, as the bandits and the other threats are plentiful. My training has been varied, I'm decent with a longbow, and can scrap up close if needs be, though it's not my strongest area."
He touches the bow and arrow holy symbol pendant."I've also been fortunate enough to have been found worthy enough by Erastil to be given some of his divine blessing. I can cast some simple spells, though not very often and I have a few other tools he's given me to work with."

After the Lord Mayor's arrival:

Knowledge: Nobility: 1d20 ⇒ 8

That woman looks familiar, I think I should know that face but the name escapes me.

Teryll listens to the speech, and when the Lord Mayor offers the group their charter he'll stand and pause to see if one of the others wishes to retrieve it.

He will graciously defer to any of the others who wish to go get the charter with an "after you" gesture, and deep nod of the head. If no one else goes, he'll walk over and take it from the Lord Mayor with a polite "Thank you."


Female Human Bard 1 / Swashbuckler 1| HP: 20/23 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 15) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +2 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30'| Performance 7/7 | Panache 1/4

Signy hops right up to go fetch the document. When it's handed over to her she executes a quick little bow.

She hasn't a clue who the two people handing them out might be, but figures they're probably very important.

"Thank you, thank you! It's a great honor! I've never done anything so official before!"

K Nobility: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Kingmaker: For Clan and Crown Battle Maps

The Lord Mayor looks relieved as Signy takes the document from his hand "Thank you, Mistress Birkirdottir."

Once Signy resumes her seat, the noblwoman stands along side the Mayor and raises her glass ""On behalf of our regent, Noleski Surtova, we the Swordlords thank you and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Enjoy your evening, all we ask is that you be ready to depart on the morrow" As she finishes speaking she raises her glass in salute and finishes it off in one gulp, the others at table follow suit, after which she and the mayor depart the hall through the door which they entered with the remaining bureaucrats in tow.

As the door closes, the musicians start up again as the servants continue to move about the room dispensing food and drink where needed.


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Aldori Defender/Steelbound) 1 VMC Magus

As the night goes on, the others might note that Pyros' tattooed hand sometimes seems to fidget restlessly when not in use, or even to act of its own accord. He occasionally quietly folds his hands, grasping the left in the right, or pins it gently against the table.

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Pyros seems to light up when Lady Jamandi enters the room, meeting her gaze and nodding if she looks his way. At mention of the Regent and Brevoy, he scowls, but he smiles and nods when the Swordlords are mentioned as having a role in motivating the expeditions. As he shifts his weight to rise, Signy springs into action, and he sits back, a look of frustration momentarily crossing his face.


Male Human Wizard (Transmuter)-2 - | AC: 16/ Flat: 14/Touch: 12 | HP: 15| F: +2 | R: +2 | W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +0 | SM: +0

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Kern makes no move to stand, but does turn to Signy when she returns, "Might I see that charter? There are wheels turning here...a lot is being done 'on behalf of the Regent', but without any representative or the Regency in place. With the request to depart on the morrow, I suspect they want an established act that it would embarrass the Regency to overturn."

Kern begins to look about for breads, cheeses and other foods at the tables that will travel well, "I think it would be prudent to be on our way as early as possible."


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

"Kern may have the right of it, but that doesn't change much for us."
He seems to think for a moment, then continues.
"We should likely figure out our initial travel plan, where to go first, any extra supplies we might need. I mean, does everyone here have a horse or even know how to ride? That will help us plan our next steps."


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Aldori Defender/Steelbound) 1 VMC Magus

Pyros looks uncomfortable at the discussion of the Regency and the possibility of acting under heir radar, but he seems reticent to speak on the subject. The less the 'Regent' is involved the better. The whole Regency, like the dragon kings before them, are a disgrace. The less they are involved in Rostland's affairs, the better.


Female Human Bard 1 / Swashbuckler 1| HP: 20/23 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 15) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +2 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30'| Performance 7/7 | Panache 1/4

Signy hands the charter over to Kern, then gets some food on her plate and more ale. Between mouthfuls she says "No horse, don't know how to ride. That's strictly speaking. How hard can it be to sit on a horse?"

Untrained in Ride, but it doesn't required trained and +3 from dex.


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

"Don't feel bad Signy, I only purchased my horse recently myself. I can sit a saddle, but I need more practice. before this it was walking, or riding on a wagon. One good thing though, we won't only be tied to whatever water sources we can find. That'll, make things easier."

Same here, minus my ACP. Next level was the plan.


Male Human Ranger 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (21 w/ shield) | Init: +4 | Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +2 | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Attacks: Rapier (+6 hit, 1d6+2 damage) , MWK Longbow (+7 hit, 1d8 + 2 damage) | Perception: +8

Halden smirks as Pyros and Signy both try and go grab the charter. Naturally. Those two both seem to think they are in charge of this already.

He carefully reads over the charter when he gets the chance. "Seems to me that we should head for this Oleg's Trading Post first. We will be exploring the area around there anyways, so it should be a good place to stock up. Speaking of exploring, do any of you have any experience with making maps, or the supplies needed for it? Also, what do you mean that we won't be tied to water sources Teryll?"


Female Half-Elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2: HP 19/19 : AC: 14, T: 12, FF: 12: Fort: +5 Reflex: + 2 Will: +7 (+9 Enchantment) : Perception +8

"You might find out, trying to sit anywhere else after your first day of riding." Faerin says with a smirk as she takes another bite of her food.

She didn't care much for the politics and paranoia that seemed to be very important to Kern, but rather the opportunity to explore the vast wilds of the Greenbelt. "A horse will make for better time and covering more ground. And you definitely want to make sure to have a good bedroll at the very least."


Female Human Bard 1 / Swashbuckler 1| HP: 20/23 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 15) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +8, W: +2 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: 0 | Speed 30'| Performance 7/7 | Panache 1/4

Signy soon grows bored with logistics. Her new crew seems really nice, but they're a bit of a serious, gloomy lot. She wanders away to talk to the groups at the others tables. Since they're all parts of the same grand plan, it seems like they should be acquaintances.

Captain Gabriel Hightower is easy on the eyes. What better place to start than with him and his people?

Signy approaches the Iron Wraiths table. "Hi there gentlemen. Barbarians and a border with Pitax. Your job sounds so intriguing! I wish you the greatest luck as you go about it."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

Looking to Hal;
"One of the spells Erastil has gifted me with is the ability to create fresh water. While we should still have our waterskins and the like, we won't need to carry a large water barrel or be limited in how far we can range from the last source of clean water if we can't find a new one. A small matter, but a vital one. "

Turning towards Signy;
"If you'd like, I can help go over your gear... Oh. She's over there now."

Erastil grant me your patience.

Speaking to the others again;
"I am hopeful that her lover who used his influence to have her placed with us did it so that she might both succeed and be out of his way. They could also think it was a way to have her likely die with clean hands. In which case, we will need to work harder to prevent her from being a liability, or doing something that risks us all. I have faith, that she'll come around, but we will need to work together in this until she does."


Male Human Wizard (Transmuter)-2 - | AC: 16/ Flat: 14/Touch: 12 | HP: 15| F: +2 | R: +2 | W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +0 | SM: +0

”I have a mount, basic gear and rations for myself and Termach. I’m as ready as I’m likely to be. If anyone needs further supplies, I have 8 royals to contribute.”


Female Half-Elf Druid (Green Faith Initiate) 2: HP 19/19 : AC: 14, T: 12, FF: 12: Fort: +5 Reflex: + 2 Will: +7 (+9 Enchantment) : Perception +8

"Nature provides if you know where to look and how to listen.....but she isn't very forgiving of those unwilling to bother." Faerin says looking at Signy as she wanders off.

"This will be an interesting journey."


Male Human Ranger 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (21 w/ shield) | Init: +4 | Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +2 | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Attacks: Rapier (+6 hit, 1d6+2 damage) , MWK Longbow (+7 hit, 1d8 + 2 damage) | Perception: +8

"I already bought the supplies I will need for my horse and I to get as far as the trading post. I'm down to my last gold piece, so I won't be able to contribute any more money for the group."

Halden nods after Teryll explains his water magic. "That is quite handy indeed. Anyway, I think we should leave at first light in the morning tomorrow. I would like to get going as soon as possible."


Male Half-Elf HP: 19/19| AC 20| T 13| FF 17| CMD 17| Fort + 7, Ref + 6, Will + 5 (+ 7 vs Enchantments, + 9 vs Disease, Fatigue, Exhaustion) | Init + 4| Perc +12 Senses: Low-light Vision| Speed 20 ft. Inquisitor (Erastil) 1/ Brawler 1 Judgements 1/1, Spells: Level 1 - 2/2, Martial Flexibility 4/4

"The first thing in the morning sounds fine. Say an hour after sunrise? That will give time for my morning prayers, and to ensure that we all have what we need to head out."

He looks around, and spots Signy at the other table.
"Now who wants to let her know the plan?"


Male Human Wizard (Transmuter)-2 - | AC: 16/ Flat: 14/Touch: 12 | HP: 15| F: +2 | R: +2 | W: +4 | Init: +2| Perc: +0 | SM: +0

Kern shrugs, gets up, and walks over to Signy, breaking into whatever conversation she is involved in, "Signy, we're leaving at an hour after dawn. We'll meet you at the gate at that time. I suggest you get extra sleep; I expect the day to be long."

"Good night."

Kern sketches a wave to the rest of the party and heads off to bed.


Male Human Ranger 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (21 w/ shield) | Init: +4 | Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +2 | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | Attacks: Rapier (+6 hit, 1d6+2 damage) , MWK Longbow (+7 hit, 1d8 + 2 damage) | Perception: +8

Satisfied that the preparations are complete, Halden sits back and continues to drink for a while. I'm not sure about this group, but I guess it could be worse. Most of them seem competent enough, and none seem like bad people, though I can't say that for sure yet. This will be dangerous, but it's better than staying where I was.

Halden quietly finishes his meal and departs back to his room for the evening.

1 to 50 of 65 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker: For Clan and Crown Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.