DM Jwert02' Ironfang Invasion

Game Master DM jwert02


1 to 50 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

For ninja dotting once players selected


Dotting here.


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Phaendar’s Market Festival draws a crowd from all over Nirmathas, and like several festivals before it, you have found your way into town to partake of the revelry and opportunities to interact with others and stock up on necessary items. A full day unwound quickly as there are many locations to visit. A stop at Vane Oreld's Fine Shop, stocking up on supplies at the Phaendar Trading Post and dealing with it's cantankerous owner Kining Blondebeard. For those of a divine nature, a visit to the Riverwood Shrine.

Most folks though turn to the Taproot Inn as the day turns to night, many solely to hear Aubrin the Green. Aubrin is a retired Chernasardo Ranger-turned-Caydenite cleric and caretaker of the Riverwood Shrine. She typically recounts bawdy tales of adventure from her youth and is a favorite of many of the townsfolk and travelers beyond. Outside, the celebration continues, as raucous shouts carry on the night air. Warmed by the firelight after a long day, any levity comes as a welcome reward to the rough, earthy souls of this riverside trade town.

The Root (as it's known to the locals) is packed and you find yourself at the back of the room with a number of other hardy souls. Some faces are familiar, some are not. Aubrin's voice carries to the back of the room as Jet, the Root's owner, brings another round of drinks.

“So there I am, thinking, when will I ever be able to talk to a bear again? So before the grizzly can stand back up, I turn to it and say, ‘All I need is the honey. You can keep the bees!’” The room erupts into laughter as Aubrin finishes her winding story and takes another draught from her tankard. “But it’s fine now. All’s good. She named a cub after me. Someday I’m going to have to check in on little Ow Oh Gods That’s Too Many Bees.”

Feel free to introduce yourselves and get to interacting. I'll have maps and pics up later if Wifi here can take it. Glad to be underway!


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack sits at a table near the back, close to the door. He had been in town no more than a couple days, and would likely leave in the morning. He had gotten some good deals, and was surprisingly satisfied in that regard.

He sat at the table, dressed in his leathers and furs after having cleaned them the day before. A headed wolf pelt was strapped around his right shoulder, the head and snout covering the top of his shoulder, almost making it seem as if the animal were resting its head there. Weapons dangled from his belt, and a large sword with a backstrap sat close by, leaning on the table. His broad stature and height of 6' 5" combined with this made quite an imposing figure, and Arrack liked that. Kept folk from bothering him, kept him alone at the table, kept his elbow room open.

He glanced up every so often between large bites of the haunch of meet and potatoes on his plate. As aubrin makes the joke, he downs the remaining drink in his flagon before turning a scowl towards her.
He grumbles under his breath.
shoulda just killed the damned animal and been done with it. Before calling for a refill of mead and turning his attention back to his food. When the maid comes by, arrack gives her a firm pat on her rear muttering something that might be construed as a thanks.

One of the folk in the tavern, with more than a few drinks in him tries to... interact with Arrack. He gets a glowering scowl for his trouble quickly ending any notion of a conversation or confrontation.

bet its nice to have a place for yourself, where folk would praise you... bet it makes you weak, too, though.

extremely excited to be underway as well! Thanks again!.


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

Orimmath sits on his usual stool at the bar, high enough to remain nearly eye level with the humans but not so tall as to look like a gnome with a beard. He looks disapprovingly at the large human manhandling the waitress but doesn't say anything.

"Too Many Bees, now that's a rich one. Pull the other leg next time, Aubrin."

He drinks from his cup and settles in for a mellow evening. Dressed in brown green leathers over well worn armor, his pack and axe remain on the floor leaning up against the bar. His hands are clean up to the elbow, but grime and dirt seems to cling all over the rest of his wide dwarven frame.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

A sliver gnome, almost passing as a bleaching sits cross-legged on the floor enraptured by the conclusion of the story. He pauses to wonder if he could have done better with his abilities but eventually clues in to the joke. As sylvan is his first language common humor can take an extra beat to sink in.

Ryan look to the window to make sure his human sized earth tone praying mantis is not getting into any trouble. Once that in settled though he is not drinking or taking up a table Ryan tips the server.

"A tip for all you do here. Thank you."


M ARG Elf variant Hunter (Feral) 2 HP 17/18 | AC15 T13 F12 CMD16 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | Init+3 | Per+9 Low-Light | SM+2

The elf chuckles at the punchline, wondering once again why humans always seem to rush their jokes. Nursing his mead, he enjoys the warm glow of fellowship that always seems to fill the room when Aubrin's present. Even so, he can't shake some disappointment that Aisiridel's not working on this night. Too many locals means too little money. And we all need money out here.

As the big man gropes the Root's owner, the elf's smile vanishes, but he waits to see Jet's reaction before doing anything more.


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

”Arrack, you contemptible scoundrel. Have some more mead but I’m charging you double tonight for that fresh a dinner!” Jet snipes back at the large warrior. Her quick grin belies that if it got more lively than that, some in the Root would understand how she’s managed to stay open by herself this long. However, her smile has smoothed over many a night before it got to that much work.

Aubrin was refilling his mug and apparently warming up for his next bout, but seemed to scan the room, almost if this story didn’t quite merit the current muster at the Root. Several more folks strayed in from the street, sounds of revelry growing louder each time the door opened and another was greeted.

A small boy, Jespen wandered back from the window, his eyes big. Looking to Ryar, he is amazed. ”Where did you find him again Ryar?”

Lastly, Kilewn Marst approaches the group. Kilewn had been a trapper long in the valleys surrounding Phaendar and always like to hear what the ‘outbound folk’ had seen now that he didn’t stray far from the Root and his fire. Definitely well into his brew, he loved a long talk and starts to smile at Orimmath and Barhador. ”What’s the woods been like theze dayz my fellow hunters?”


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack, despite himself, gives a flash of a small grin. yeah yeah. before looking to the side. was worth it anyway. he mutters after she starts to walk away.

He notices 1d2 ⇒ 2 barhadors look, gives him a shrug with a small smirk, Then quickly reverts back to his dour look as he looks back to his plate.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"See, when you know the woods well sometimes they come to you. He swept me up oneday and we went for a little fly."


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"The woods been like they always been, Kilewn. Deep an dark an steady. Small games running a plenty, ain't seen much big deer or pigs, but I ain't really been hunting for em either."

Orimmath finishes his drink (a foamy stout) and signals for a refill to both of their cups.

"No monsters or gobbos runnin' loose, at least. An no crazy men thinkin they can pick off woodsfolk an loggers for their coins an boots, so that's good news. Hows it been wit you? Good luck on the traplines this year?"

Orimmath has a deep baritone, and a quick smile for his fellow outdoorsman.


Bollum wandered into the tavern, rubbing his forehead in pain. Even now he could feel the empphatic pressure from his Familiar Crytex, telling him to stick to the woods.

I don't care how green the grass is, sometimes an Orc needs a damn beer! He thought back, but how much the hawk got he wasn't sure. How the old druid was able to manage this bundle of feathers was beyond him.

Thankfully his companion Romulon was much more willing to enjoy urban life, and was happy to go around sniffing various butts, wagging his tail like a domesticated puppy rather than the feral wolf he was supposed to be.

As Bollum entered the tavern (which seemed to forbid animals), he noticed Romulon going off to play with what looked like a giant mantis made of stone.

"...he'll be fine." He said, deciding to leave future problems to future Bollum (who will hopefully no longer be sober Bollum).

As the tall Half-Orc entered the Tavern and looked around, he locked eyes with a human wearing wolf skin, which made Bollum instinctively grit his teeth in anger at seeing an animal treated like that, showing off his tusks.

Take a breath Bollum, you just came here for a drink. So drink. He then took a deep breath, before finding a seat far away from the Barbarian. He tries to signal a server to bring him some ale or beer. Afterwards he pulls out a wooden amulet and stares at it, as if hoping it will give him some answers.

Bollum looks like a Hunter whose spent far too long out in the wilds, rather than a servant of a higher power or a druid. If anyone knows what the Green Faith is, his wooden amulet is a holy symbol for that religious group.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar hears the other speaking and approaches. He tries to add to the conversation, "Their have been no unusual monster problems in the area that I have noticed. But, bug and I did notice a slight increase in the moment of the ground, vibration you know. Like, small tremors caused by foot steps. It seems a lot of animals are moving currently."

Ryar waves at Bollum (I'm assuming, as they both worship the green faith, that they are at least casually aquainted).

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

Siegfried cracks his knuckles as he enters the tavern and takes a look around. Looks like there’s quite a few folk enjoying themselves. I need some ale and maybe a good fight to watch. God I love bar brawls.


Ryar Inwin wrote:

Ryar waves at Bollum (I'm assuming, as they both worship the green faith, that they are at least casually aquainted).

Yeah that makes sense. Bollum is desperate for anyone to help him understand the Green Faith, so would be glad to talk to someone who knew what they were talking about. Maybe you knew his (still unnamed) mentor while he was still alive?

Bollum took a long sip from his drink, and his body relaxed.

"Ah that's the good stuff. Honey and berries just doesn't compare-" He then stops when he sees Ryar waving at him. Ah s*%~, hope she didn't hear that.

Bollum moves over to sit with Ryar and Orimmath, nodding at them both.

"Druid Ryar good to see you again. May the...Faith be strong with you. And green!" Nailed it. He smiles at Kilewn. "You're at my level of drunk, so give me a minute to catch up."

Orimmath, given Bollum was a former bandit and scoundral and you've been a guard, what kind of relationship do you want us to have now that Bollum has mended his ways? A friendly 'I always knew you had good in you, you little punk' or a more suspicious 'I've got my eyes on you, you little punk'?


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar laughs, "May the faith growth within you too. I see you have been studying the notes you were left when our friend returned to the earth."

He pauses to thing about his late friend.

"Crytex let you come into town? Surprising."


M ARG Elf variant Hunter (Feral) 2 HP 17/18 | AC15 T13 F12 CMD16 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | Init+3 | Per+9 Low-Light | SM+2

"Good eve, Kilewn. Orrimath's mostly right, maybe we've been in different areas. The senior stag is still out there, but he's keeping his herd further from the farmsteads right now. I saw the remains of a fight between a boar and some goblins about two days East. Looked like the boar got away, and at least two of the goblins didn't. Also saw enough freshly rooted spots that I think the boar's got a pretty good harem built up. Didn't go looking for them, though. Plenty of the typical birds around, with only the usual number of scavengers, so there's no unusual killing going on. The wheel is turning, but right now the ride is calm and sedate. A good time to take some of the youth out for some early training, if you want?"


"Not so much let me into town as, Crytex couldn't scratch my eyes out hard enough to keep me away." Bollum responded to Ryar while chugging back his drunk. "Also I was getting a bit tired of him insisting eating bugs and worms..." He stops when he realises he's said that out loud.

"Anyway," quickly changing the subject. "I haven't seen anything too odd in the woods, although Crytex insists he's getting a bad feeling. But that feather brain always gets a bad feeling." He shrugs.


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

Orimmath was a guardsman only for the wartime. He worked with the militia/MPs to ensure stuff was fairly secured and chaos didnt break out, not from some sense of "must do good". That said, he is a LG dwarf so looks down on shenanigans and chicanery, but is a lot more loose than, say, a paladin.

"Rumblin of feet ya say? And dead gobbos? Must be something going on, but nothing too big or obvious. Place is too quiet and settled for that, I reckon."


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"But isn't that the odd thing about nature; storms are loud, but droughts are quiet; hurrican have a still eye; the barren tundra is a deadly as the jungle but it is nearly silent. The changes in nature still confound me."

Ryar pulls out a shoot he collected early that day, he shakes some dirt of the roots and measures it against his forearm.

"The growing season is on track so far, which is good."


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack glances towards Orimmath and Ryar when they remark that the area seems fairly safe. After a few seconds, he, rather rudely, butts into the conversation.

if you think there are no goblins running around in the east, you are not only stupid, but blind as well. he stares at the two, while taking a bite of meat. He continues to stare for several seconds, before finally deciding to elaborate.

ran into a hobgoblin band a while back, they were in a hurry, but not so much as to not rob and pillage. I took several out, but in the end, they cut me up, left me naked, bleeding and dying in a ditch. Likely thought I'd die, but I'm tough, a lot tougher than most soft folk. he takes a long drink from his flagon, looks back down to his food and picks up a potato and takes a bite before continuing.

crawled my way several miles before some folk found me. Yeah, they patched me up.. didn't he rips another peice of meat off and leans in closer, a grim smirk on his lips.

then demanded I pay them for services rendered. Said I owed him "a lot", said since I didn't have anything of value, I have to work it off as his servant... Course, I told him he wouldn't get s@%+e from me, and I damn well wouldn't be serving him. Well, when I went to leave, him and his "guard" tried to stop me... he trails off for a few moments before a glower grows on his face.

well, even injured as I was, neither one were a match for me. And I. Serve. No. one. Not anymore. Especially some pompous a$&&$#+ trying to turn a free man into an indentured servant.

He leans back to normal. but as I said before, if you think goblins, or other monsters, don't roam the lands here.. you are blind, stupid, or both.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"First, I'm sorry about what happened to you." he says with genuine sincerity.

"But it seems my metaphor went over your head. Damn another metaphor. My apologies, I don't speak as plainly as I should. My point was just because something is quiet does not mean it is not dangerous like a quiet lionesse. It is also true that loud things can be less scary. Starving goblins are weaker, they make mistakes and they make a lot of racket."

"I don't want to belabor the point but when someone says something is safe or quiet it is usually relative. A safe horse may still buck. It is just less likely to do so then an unbroken colt. So, I believe folks are saying there has been no noticable increase in attacks recently. That could be a good thing or it could be a bad one in my opinion."


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

hmph. Then likely you aren't blind, or stupid. Just a bit small. is all Arrack responds with. Then adds as an afterthought. no offense of course.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"Well, you are not wrong. All things are relative but I'm a hand shorter then most of my kin. So, relative to you or gnomes I am small. They say I talk enough of someone four times my height."


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"Rude, arrogant, loud, and oafish around the help. What am I not surprised to find a human like yourself in this town."

Orimmath shakes his head and frowns slightly.

"No matter, I'm sure some fight or gamble will carry you off like your ilk does. No great loss to the community."

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

“Bold words coming from such a small man. Now I know his story seems a little too embellished, maybe a little boastful. But I reckon he could take you down in any state. Us humans are tougher than you give us credit and no we don’t fight as much as you think. Gambling on the other hand is a different matter. At least from my experience.”


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"Maybe things are safe. I would have to assume you're too smart to instigate a fight if there were real dangers about. Otherwise, further provocation would be a waste of every and resources that could be better spent."

Ryar looks pensive trying to figure out if human nature would reflect the logic of the natural order.

"Unless there was a resource the three of you were competing for and you want them to fight so you could have it. Are we almost out of beer?"


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

Orimmath looks shocked at the suggestion of running out of beer, then laughs very loudly.

"Out of beer....ha, ha, ha..." he slaps the table and drains his mug in a long pull.

"If were running low of beer, that would take priority over any lost gobbos or boars or bandits! Nothing could get done in this town til that tragedy was righted!"

He laughs deep from his gut and orders another round, still chuckling...

"Outta beer...ha..."

[B)"So, what are you lads drinkin' tonight? This rounds on me, eh."[/b]


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack gives a smirk to Orimmath, I know what I am. Proud, and stubborn little man, wonder if you know yourself? I don't care if you like me, used to it by now, I probably won't like you either.

When seigfred interjects, Arrack gives him a look, He stands slowly, lifts his armor up to show a large scar running from his belly button to the side of his left hip. That's where they near gutted me, embellished enough for ya? Don't go lumping me in with the rest of you. Never felt welcomed around folk, least wise my kind. He sits back down and takes another drink.

When Ryar speaks up, Arrack almost chuckles. You seem to have at least somewhat of a decent head on your shoulders, I'll give you that. But, thats the issue isn't it though? Resources will always be competed for, always be scarce, That's why you have to be strong, take what you need if you have too. Look out for yourself, cuz when the chips are down, few, if any, other folk will. he gives Ryar the smallest of nods before drinking another gulp down.

Arrack gives a wry look to the dwarf. mead. Might just like you yet.


M ARG Elf variant Hunter (Feral) 2 HP 17/18 | AC15 T13 F12 CMD16 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | Init+3 | Per+9 Low-Light | SM+2

Quibbling. Working to establish dominance. They race to prove how much like animals we all are, while they deny what's driving them. They need to take a longer view, or the scrambling and short-term competitions will never stop.

The elf looks surprised to find the bottom of his cup, but raises it to Jet and nods.

"Aubrin! I am beginning to tire of the braying in here. Do you have another story to entertain us?"


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"Wow. That's a bad scar. Sorry but I don't know what you are trying to tell me with it. I know a big bear with lots of scars really tough wins fights over the best juniper berries. But...I saw a pack of wolves the other day and the alpha was so dominate that he only had a small bite out of his ear and all the betas had much worse scars. Hmmmm..."


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"Oh a story would be great."


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

not trying to tell you anything, just make a point to him. he says pointing to seigfred.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"I see."

Ryar thinks on scars further and wanders off to list to the story.


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Spurred on by Barhador, crowd members share their own boasts and jokes, but eventually someone tops off Aubrin’s tankard and pushes her back into the center of the room. “All right, all right! Don’t shove,” she slurs a bit. “Okay, Cayden strike me down if this isn’t true—“

The front door explodes into flinders. A cry of agony pierces the chaos. Aubrin lies on the floor, gasping and clutching at the blood gushing from a wound in her chest. A ballista bolt still quivers in the wall behind her.

Two hobgoblins in military dress stand beyond the shattered door, blades drawn. Behind them, lit by the glow of burning homes, dozens—perhaps hundreds—of hobgoblin soldiers march the street. Phaendar burns, shouts of celebration now replaced by the panicked screams of the frightened and dying.

Behind them, above the flames and humble rooftops, rises a tower of black stone.

Posting Map and Initiative shortly


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Combat Round 1

Initiative:

Arrack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Barhador: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Bollum: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Orimmath: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Ryar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Siegfried: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Player: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Hobgoblins: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Block Initiative, Bold is Up
Barhador, Orimmath, Hobgoblins, Ryar, Siegfried, Bollum, Arrack

Current Status
Arrack -0
Barhador -0
Bollum -0
Orimmath -0
Ryar -0
Siegfried -0
Hobgoblin (blue) -0
Hobgoblin (red) -0
Aubrin -38 bleed 4

Please update on the slide if anything looks amiss. Animal companions to go on same initiative step as the character to make things smoother


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

where is the map link? And how many civilians are in the tavern?


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Link to map is by my name in post. Click on it right above where text comes on for post.

about 8, including Jet, Kilewn and Jesper. They are too stunned and shocked to do anything yet


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

'Is this why the animals were moving more then usual.' Ryar thinks.


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"Talk about gobbos and the damn gobbos show up! Should a known better, ya daft dwarf!"

Orimmath grits his teeth in anger and grabs his axe and pack from the floor. Pushing away from the wall of the tavern, he steps to the side of Ryar and stares down the hobgoblins at the entrance.

"Ya picked the wrong inn ta mess up, gobbo scum. Now yer heads are gonna roll!"

Move action pick up items (×2), 5' step East and South, to end up East of Ryar.


M ARG Elf variant Hunter (Feral) 2 HP 17/18 | AC15 T13 F12 CMD16 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | Init+3 | Per+9 Low-Light | SM+2

The elf's skin sprouts fur in a striped pattern, his jaw and nose moving towards a short muzzle, and his pupils becoming slits. He pulls his bow, adjusting his position slightly, before loosing an arrow at the goblinoid visible through the doorway.

Swift: Manifest Tiger (+2 Dex); Move: Ready Weapon; Standard: Attack

Longbow w/ Tiger: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5
Piercing, durable arrow: 1d8 ⇒ 8

The head embeds itself firmly in the wall next to the doorway, though.

Tiger bumps AC to 16/14/12/16


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

The first Hobgoblin (red) shoulders his longbow and fires through the open doorway back at Barhador. The arrow flies true and strikes Barhador along his hip, cutting a furrow into his side.

The second Hobgoblin draws his longsword and slides into the room, intent on finishing off Aubrin.

DM Screen:
longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
longbow dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Combat Round 1 cont'd

Block Initiative, Bold is Up
Barhador, Orimmath, Hobgoblins, Ryar, Siegfried, Bollum, Arrack

Barhador and Ormimath may take 2nd round actions if timing allows

Current Status
Arrack -0
Barhador -5
Bollum -0
Orimmath -0
Ryar -0
Siegfried -0
Hobgoblin (blue) -0
Hobgoblin (red) -0
Aubrin -38 bleed 4


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

As arrack sees the hobgoblins, anger flares in his eyes, these wretches took his sword, his pride, and nearly his life. Now they took his fine evening from him. He had been looking everywhere for them, and unlike them, he planned to finish the job.

Time for some payback... heheh

HEY DUMBASS, WATCH YOUR RIGHT YOU UGLY BASTARD!

he shouts as he grabs his sword from the table, swinging it in an arc over his head, coming down directly on the hobgoblin intruder.

attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 1 = 20
damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 12 = 17

its probably not "smart", but I think its pretty in character for him to rage after seeing hobgoblins again after his incident. Rage, , move action draw/pick up sword, 5ft step, standard action attack. Target blue


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar calls Bug into the room (possible aoo but he had a bow out) to grab the hobgoblin.

Bug flys in and attempts to grab the creature while 5 feet off the ground.

Grapple with lunge on Red: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 = 20


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar moves up and tries to heal. He takes some leave and antiseptic tree sap from his bag and slaps it on the wound.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"I hope this helps."


Fear gripped Bollum's heart as he saw the ballista sticking through Aubrin's chest. His mind flashed back to when his bandit group, his family, was cut down be Goblins breaking a deal. To when his mentor was slain not so long ago by Goblins.

I need to run, I need to survive. As Bollum was about to flee, his holy symbol began to glow a powerful green, and a wave of calm filled his chest. Suddenly the fear, while still there, was muted and Bollum could think.

Release He thought aloud, and suddenly this wave of calm expanded to the entire tavern and beyond.

"Romulon, flank and attack the Goblin Archer!" He shouted in Orcish. He then moved to cover behind the bar, as he got his bow and arrow ready to fire.

Standard Action cast Bless: all allies in 50 feet gain +1 to attack roles and saving throws against fear. I count not only the PCs and animals companions as allies (I assume they are just outside, so within range of the bless), but also the 9 friendly NPCs in the tavern. Hopefully the bit of bravery will mean they will want to help-or at least run away from the danger.

Free action, command my wolf animal companion to get the [red] Hobgoblin outside. If he can reach in 50 feet of movement from wherever he is [Should be outside I think], I would like him to be right behind the goblin to set up potential flanking.

Wolf Bite Attack with bless: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Wolf Bite Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Trip attempt if attack is successful: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Move Action go behind the bar counter and draw my bow and arrow at the same time because I have a BAB of +1, ready for next turn.

EDIT: I got my trip dice wrong, should be a d20 not a d6, but I doubt a 9 hits anyway, so I won't bother changing it. The grapple flank might have increased my roll, not sure.

Also my wolf has an AC of 15 (thanks to the Dodge Feat)


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

Seeing the rough and ready folks in the inn take the fight to the hobgoblins, Orimmath grins widely as he grips his axe. Still holding his pack in one hand, and without a properly slung shield, he stomps up to deliver a slash against the closest foe.

"Ye should a stayed in her holes, gob! Now you an yer lot are gonna bleed fer this!"

Power Attack Blue: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 20 favored enemy, bless, hatred, power attack, for 1d10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 9 slashing damage

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

Siegfried cracks his knuckles, flashes a smile and takes a step up. “This is gonna be a good one boys. Let’s see you hobgoblins fight after I knock your teeth in.”

Unarmed Strike 2H ATK: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Unarmed Strike 2H ATK: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

“God I love the feel of blood on my knuckles in the, what time of day is it?” Bring me another beer.”


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Ryar races to the side of Aubrin and administers some healing. Quickly the blood flow staunches and reduces to a mere trickle. Aubrin regains a slight bit of color but remains in deep pain and weakly murmurs "we must get to the shrine". Flying crazily through the door, Bug moves past the surprised hobgoblin with the bow and manages to grab hold of the other hobgoblin who roars in displeasure.

Siegfried uses the opportunity to step up and deliver two fierce punches to the face of the hobgoblin. Blood flies and gristle crunches and the hobgoblin barely can see when Arrack steps in. The sword slashes across the chest of the hobgoblin and it goes down, dead before it hit the floor from the mighty blow.

With a howl, the wolf Romulon charges towards the remaining hobgoblin, but cannot land a bite. Orimmath charges at the Hobgoblin outside and strikes a strong slash to it's arm. It drops the bow and steps back to draw it's longsword.

Gently, there is a tug at Barhador's sleeve and the boy Jespen and hunter Kilewn are there. Kilewn moves past murmuring "Let us help man, we can get the ranger to safety here behind the bar, go get the filthy creatures"

Orimmath - Since the red one went down before you acted and you were in charge distance, I thought your post made best sense with this action

Combat Round 2

Block Initiative, Bold is Up
Barhador, Orimmath, Hobgoblins, Ryar, Siegfried, Bollum, Arrack

Current Status
Arrack -0
Barhador -5
Bollum -0
Orimmath -0
Ryar -0
Siegfried -0
Hobgoblin (blue) -32 dead
Hobgoblin (red) -9
Aubrin -38 stable


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar says, "Take Aubrin and hide here. Don't get to close to doors or Windows."

Ryar looks sternly toward the door. "Bug. Now."

1 to 50 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Jwert02's Ironfang Invasion AP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.