DM Jwert02' Ironfang Invasion

Game Master DM jwert02


201 to 250 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Arrack's second axe strikes the wounded Hobgoblin in the chest and it crumbles to the side of the Trading Post. Siegfried isn't as accurate and the Hobgoblin ducks under the javelin as he advances. Bollum shoots an arrow at the charging hobgoblin, nailing it in the thigh.

This hobgoblin lumbers forward and takes an overhead swing at Siegfried with his long sword. The sword carries past his defense and leaves a long wound along his arm. The second hobgoblin reaches Siegfried as well, but he steps away from the blow, avoiding it easily.

Botting Bollum

DM Screen:

Bollum Bow Shot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
G Hobo Sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
O Hobo Sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Round 3
Bollum, Ryar, Arrack, Orimmath, Barhador, Siegfried, Hobgoblins

Bollum -0
Romulon -0
Ryar -0
Bug -0
Arrack -1
Orimmath -0
Barhador -1
Siegfried -8
Hobo (blue) dead
Hobo (green) -7
Hobo (red) -0


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar moves up and says, "We are hear to get you out safely grab anything useful and be ready to move ask soon at the hobgoblin are dead."


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Bug comes flying down from the roof charging the the hobgoblin with it's claw out.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confimation : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Crit damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


M ARG Elf variant Hunter (Feral) 2 HP 17/18 | AC15 T13 F12 CMD16 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | Init+3 | Per+9 Low-Light | SM+2

"Bugger that, get out of the burning building or the hobgoblins won't have to kill you!" The shifting elf continues pulling thatch off the building, hoping to remove the fire's easy fuel.


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack takes an overhead swing at the hobgoblin in front of him, aiming for the middle of its skull.

The Ugly Gobo's will be dead soon, don't need to worry! Arrack shouts out.

powerattack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 6) + 9 = 21


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar will douse other areas of thatch so they can't be set a blaze.


Do the walls/fence around B4 prevent movement? I assume not but feel free to correct me or make Romulon do a roll on my behalf. His acrobatics skill is +2.

Bollum moves up next to Ryar while shouting a command to Romulon to hurry up. He then fires at the Hobgoblin he hit before.

Arrow on green hobgoblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Arrow damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Romulon double moves to get around and behind the Hobgoblin over Arrack, jumping over the fence if required.


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"Aye, Arrack, I'll leave those two to you lads!"

Orimmath stows his longbow and moves to the side of the smithy, looking to help pull thatch down or open doors/windows/whatever is handy.

"Blondebeard, time ta get you out outta there! Clear the doors or go through the hatch! An if ya got water, douse the embers fast!"

Move stow weapon, move to side of building.

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

Siegfried will stand his ground and punch the goblin in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Bollum's next arrow narrowly misses the hobgoblins in combat with Arrack and Siegfried. Ryar reaches into the smoke and the first soot covered face emerges from the building. Seconds later another joins it and they are passed down to Barhador and Orimmath. There are voices within the smoke and they are approaching the opening.

Bug uses the opportunity to leap down and strike a hobgoblin fighting with Arrack and grab hold of it. Arrack uses the grapple to his advantage and strikes a furious blow, cutting the head from the creature.

Romulon easily crosses the paddock and flanks the hobgoblin. This distraction allows Siegfried to land a pair of brutal fists and the hobgoblin collapses.

The threat dealt with, Barhador, Ryar and Orimmath help out the remaining occupants before the weapons are stowed. The dirty and ill tempered Kining Blonbeard is the last out. Looking down at you from the roof, she snarls "Bloody hobgoblin basterds and their kind. My Trading Post is ruined and they've probably infested the whole town." Glancing to Ryar and Barhador on the roof, she fidgets for a second and then grudgingly let's out "My thanks, we were trapped but good."

On the ground, you are quickly introduced to Marlin Pikin, handy with a bow, and Marla and Nic Stonelagger. They were here getting goods for their farm outside of Phaendar when the attack occurred.

Post Combat

Bollum -0
Romulon -0
Ryar -0
Bug -0
Arrack -1
Orimmath -0
Barhador -1
Siegfried -8
Hobo (blue) dead
Hobo (green) dead
Hobo (orange) dead


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"Grab what ya can use off the dead gobbos. If they ain't got a working bow among em, you use this one Marlin. We need to move, and fast. This band is big, well equipped, and more than ready to kill. "

Orimmath helps everyone out of the smithy, then aids with relieving the dead of their goods.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar will search to see if there is anything useful that was overlooked with a little help from his good and bug.

Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Arm yourselves you may need to fight. We have long swords and leather armour and what we take off the enemy."

Ryar will, after searching pull anything useful of the dead bodies.

"No time to be fussy about sourcing."


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack moves into the trading house and looks around the place for anything worth grabbing.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


M ARG Elf variant Hunter (Feral) 2 HP 17/18 | AC15 T13 F12 CMD16 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | Init+3 | Per+9 Low-Light | SM+2

Moving with Arrack, Barhador addresses the dwarf. "Kining? Your shop, anything like trail rations or packs left that would be useful for a group hiding in the wood? We need to grab what will be useful and get moving." The elf's features flow into another bird-form, one with a smaller head and eyes but more pronounced beak, as he also does a quick scan for anything important.

Perception w/ Falcon: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 4 = 19

Dice rolls trump modifiers every time!

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

Siegfried joins the group in searching for useful equipment.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

“If it’s not too much of a bother I could use a heal or two. Those bastard goblins worked me over pretty good.”


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Hope that's enough."

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

"Yes I think that works nicely, many thanks."


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

You find a longbow and about 60 arrows in total, along with three longswords. These troops did not have much in the way of rations, implying they are fed and provisioned centrally.

The animal pen has a number of dead pigs, struck in the head and laying in the light grass that grows within the paddock.

The trading post is fully engulfed in smoke and difficult to see. Arrack you can only spend a minute or two within due to the choking atmosphere, but manage to locate foodstuff and rations to feed more than a few folks for several days. In addition, there are several weapons including a longsword, two battleaxes, an alchemical silver rapier, a masterwork light steel shield, a masterwork backpack, a climber’s kit, and eight waterskins.

As you go to leave there is a hinged floorboard that has partially burned, revealing a +1 buckler decorated with the holy symbol of Droskar.

As Arrack emerges from the shop laden with goods, Kining gets a pained look. "My thanks for my life, but you plunders are as bad as the be damned gobos!"

There is a separate smithy to the rear, but the Trading Post is soon engulfed fully and untenable.


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"Not plunder, salvage. This town ain't gonna last, and everyone who can swing a blade or draw a bow needs whatever they can use. Gear up, and strap in, this fight ain't over by a long shot."

Orimmath begins handing out weapons and gear to the citizens with a stern look. He does not accept refusals, ensuring everyone is carrying a blade of some sort.

"We mean to split, regroup in the woods, and see who we can save. I recommend you fill those skins, take the food and gear, and head that way."

He points into the woods, away from the attacking hobgoblins.

"We will be able to track you, and hopefully the gobbos will have enough to deal with with us, you can make good your escape. If you can carry it, maybe take some pig haunch. You'll need food, and those trail rations will last quite a bit longer than these swine."

Re-supplied with arrows, and his heavy crossbow once again locked and loaded, Orimmath moves around to the smithy for further salvage.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Having seen the loot (with a 25 total) but seeing that Arrack seems to like looting and is proud of his abilities. Ryar will fly up to the roof riding bug and take look out.

"Yep, great searching!"

He will then go over and check the toilet to make sure no-one is hiding there.

Once everyone is ready to go. He will get bug to burrow and follow them to the next location.


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack turns to the dwarf with a mild sneer. Would you rather we try to kill you as well then so you can say we are the same? Or did you want to leave it here for the goblins to get? He quips back at her as he takes the shield.

He goes towards the smithy itself to check and make sure nothing of use is left behind.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"The more we hall the fewer resources the enemy has."


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Kining grumbles a bit under her breath but she seems to gather herself after 30 seconds or so and begins to help the others strip the hobgoblins of their leathers and gear.

As Arrack approaches the Smithy, he notes there is a dead hobgoblin in the front, it's head caved in from what appears to be a blunt blow. The barn is lit from an everburning torch on the wall, but the loft above is dark and out of it's light and it appears if all of the weapons and items have been removed. The earth around the hobgoblin is disturbed, small ruts in the earth having been gouged and changed.

Suddenly there is a small noise from the loft and Arrack and Bug catch the glimpse of two faces peering out, humanoid in nature and frightened.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar will look where bug is looking if he see the he will say, "Hey, you don't need to be scared of us. Come out and we can help you."

Diplomacy : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

Orimmath looks at the gouges and scratches, attempting to put together just what transpired here.

Survival for Tracking: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 (+2 vs goblinoids)

"Aye, lad, if there's younglings left, they can head out with Blondebeard. Best we clear this area soon and be on our way."

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

"Agreed, there is nothing to be scared of, but if you stay you might die, well probably anyway."


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Ryar's voice calms the two, and in a few seconds, two half elven faces peer over the edge of the loft. Recognizing them as siblings, Lirosa and Taidel are hunters in the area. They look relieved at seeing familiar faces at the least. They move to the edge and jump down.

Lirosa approaches, her lean frame set for fighting with leather armor and bow at hand. "My brother and I were unsure who was there. We were chased into this loft, but left our arrows in the Trading Post and couldn't get there in time." Eyeing over your shoulders, Taidel catches a look at the group. "You rescuing folks from Phaendar? Good! That'll give us a chance to go kill them while you get everyone to safety!"


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"Good lad, good lass. There's shafts aplenty out yonder, and blades that should fit your hands. Arm up, grab some travel food, and be on your way. Happy hunting, and kill as many gobbos as you can."

Orimmath quickly looks through the smithy for anything of use, then makes ready to continue their path.

"Okay, you lot. What's next?"


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"Kill as many as you can without dying. Be smart. There will be hobgoblin to kill tomorrow. Oreld's shop, any skirmish you all want to do then we get out and regroup."


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack looks over the two before grunting.

You two? Kill hobgoblins? You were JUST cowering in the smithy until we told you it was safe. If you two want to live, I suggest you head to the woods where these folk are sending the others. If you want to go die, be my guest. Less mouths to feed.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"Arrack is not wrong about the dangers. If you have the range and the accuracy and you insist on fighting do so from as far away as you can but I must insist that you follow my advice and don't die."

Ryar says a little prayer that they make good decisions and that his words reach them.

Diplomacy + Guidance: 10 + 10 = 20

Once Ryar knows the outhouse is clear he is good to go.


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Lirosa and Taidel listen intently to your words and confer with one another for a little while to the side as Bug clears out the outhouse. During the break, Aubrin is helped over by Kilewn and addresses you. "My friends, I think this group has grown large enough for notice. We should go towards the bridge and into the wilderness is we wish to escape the notice of the soldiers. However, I fear they may just pursue us. Do you have any way to block or destroy the bridge?"

Lirosa and Taidel perk up at this and reapproach. "Good peoples, thank you for alerting us. We will move to the bridge and check things out." Lirosa looks thoughtful for a second and then continues "I think Master Oreld's family have some duty with the bridge and being able to close it. His Fine Shop is near the bridge, it may be worth a look."


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"Aye, like I said: get yourselves armed and ready. Move your feet and get into cover. We will go and slay more gobbo scum, and find anyone else who can get free. We meet up in the woods once we get clear of the town, and make sure the scum can't track us back to you."

Orimmath looks towards the Fine Shop and tries to scan for additional targets.

"Arrack, everyone else, you ready?"


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

"Thank you. Well, that settles it let's get to the Oreld's quickly."


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

With a quick thank you and nod to Orimmath's advice, Lirosa and Taidel pull their bows, squeeze each other's arms and disappear into the night, looking less certain than they were a minute ago.

Gathering the group, you head northeast through Phaendar. The large black tower looms over the village in the center of the green. It's crenelations break up the moonlight but you can clearly see more troops pouring out of the gate on it's southern face. You are far enough away and the village dark enough that your party of two dozen escape notice.

Oreld’s Fine Shop is labeled with a small shingle hanging out front and is one of the few buildings in town made entirely of stone. Mortared white blocks form the walls of this odd shaped cottage. Scorch marks that shift in color from black to dark blue to glimmering violet mar one wall. The door to the shop stands open and bloody footprints lead inside. You can see the feet of a man laying in the doorway, unmoving.


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

Hefting his crossbow and last masterwork bolt loaded, Orimmath moves up to the entrance as stealthily as he can.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 stealth

He peeks around the corner and scans for immediate threats before sparing a glance for the fallen man.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 (+2 vs goblinoids)

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

Siegfried cranks his knuckles and slides up behind Orimmath to scan the body.
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar falls in line.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Ryar tries to assess the body.


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack moves up to the wall, sword and new buckler in hand and looking for trouble. However, not yet used to the new buckler, he manages to clang it against his blade.

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Siegfried easily reaches the door quietly, and observes quickly around the corner. Ryar bends down and reaches out to the man, who is dead, a javelin to the stomach and he has bled out. His familiar face denotes him as Vane Oreald, apparently having died defending his Fine Shop. Siegfried's glance though indicated you were not alone.

A lone Hobgoblin is in the back of the shop kicking at a door that leads to the next room. The door is bucking and swaying under his kicks, but he cannot get it open. The Hobgoblin is dressed in the Ironfang Legion colors, but he's equipped with a heavy mace at his hip. In his hands are several colored globes of fluid, and his patch indicates a flaming bomb embedded in the Legion symbol.

Arrack and Orimmath arrive next, but noisily. The Hobgoblin glances back towards the door, but doesn't manage to see Siegfried. A few seconds later, the kicking begins again.


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

If the hobgoblin does not turn to engage, Orimmath moves to the other side of the doorway and fires into his back.

Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 14 to hit, favored enemy, masterwork bolt, hatred. For 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 piercing damage

"Shop's closed, gobbo. Time to get dragged outta there."


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar has Bug get ready to move in and grapple.

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

Siegfried will also wait and see what happens with Orimmath moving up and possibly shooting.


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

When Orimmath fires his crossbow, Arrack takes the signal and moves in and brings his blade to bear against the hobgoblin.

not sure if I need to double move to be threatening it or not.


M ARG Elf variant Hunter (Feral) 2 HP 17/18 | AC15 T13 F12 CMD16 | F+3 R+6 W+2 | Init+3 | Per+9 Low-Light | SM+2

Hmmm . . .. As we seem intent on having the civilians seek shelter in the forest on their own, having the half-elven hunters guide them into and through the forest seems like it would have been a good choice, but, hey.

Given the cramped quarters (made smaller by Arrack blocking the hobgoblin within), the elven hunter will flow into his falcon form, and watch for enemies approaching, bow at the ready . . ..

Perception w/ Falcon: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 4 = 24


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Orimmath's bolt catches the flat footed hobgoblin off guard and slams into the door mid-kick. It is struck hard and turns to face you from 20' away. Barhador scans the surrounding grounds and notes small groups of villagers running for the bridge trying to get to the woods on the far side. Troops are still massing on the west side of town.

Those by the fine shop door hear some voices in the cellar, there are apparently villagers down there hiding.

Surprise round, those denoted below can go. More theater of mind combat here as it's one lone gobo and I suspect it'll be quick

Initiative:

Arrack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Barhador: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Bollum: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Orimmath: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ryar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Siegfried: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Grenadier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Round 0
Bollum, Ryar, Arrack, Orimmath, Barhador, Siegfried, Hobo Grenadier

Barhador -1
Arrack -1
Orimmath -0
Ryar -0
Bug -0
Bollum -0
Romulon -0
Siegfried -1
Hobo (Grenadier) -5


Image for Arrack IR barbarian 1 HP:14/15|AC: 15[13] | T: 12 | FF:13| Init: +2 | Perception: +6| rage 6/9

Arrack rushes in after the crossbow bolt and slashes at the hobgoblin.

move in surprise, as I likely can't charge due to environment, and then attack on my turn. Which seems to be fine since its before the gobo. If its still alive by then.
attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 22
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6) + 9 = 18


Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 (to hit, damage, bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival) AC 19 / 12 / 17 || Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +3 (+2 vs Spell/SLA, disease, poison) Dwarven Waraxe +4 (1d10+2), Chakram +4 (1d8+2)

"Yah, lads! Gut the greenskinned bugger!"

Orimmath grins over the recoiling crossbows limbs as Arrack and others move to melee.


AC:17 T:12 F:15| HP 22/22 | CMD:8| F:+5 R:+1 W:+5 | Init:+3 | Perc: 9 |Loot

Ryar fires rock from a sling.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1 = 1 nonlethal

Bug makes a partial charge and attacks attempting to hold the creature place.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

The Exchange

Male N Human Brawler 1 | HP 10/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |

Siegfried moves up and attempts to punch the goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
DMG: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

201 to 250 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Jwert02's Ironfang Invasion AP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.