GM Worg's Tears at Bitter Manor

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

Maps/Slides/Handouts | Chronicles


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,795 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Darkness is a higher level spell than Dancing Lights, so Mivvy and I could only give a "somewhere in here" circle.

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Up at the cabin with my dad until Tuesday. Will be a slight break from posting until then.

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The adventure continues, as the party moves out of the caverns of the spider and the strange creature to search for strange beasts.

Urzaia begins by searching for possible signs of dead animals that may have been killed in a strange manner or paths that look unusual or strange.

This pocket of the forest holds large piles of broken limbs and leaning trunks, as if a few older trees had collapsed together, perhaps felled by disease or a lightning strike.

The strangest set of tracks ever is all he immediately sees. He isn't certain what these would belong to. They lead towards a bunch of fallen tree limbs and hollow logs.

Grand Lodge

Human Ranger (Guide) 1/ Wizard (Wood) 5 | AC (21)13/13/11| CMD 17 | HP 53/53 | F+8(10),R+7(9),W+7(9) | Init+6,Perc +10 | Ranger Focus 1/day |

”I’m not sure what would be roosting in such a place. Be careful,” Keene whispers as he waits for the group to proceed.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Half-Orc (Molthuni) Warpriest of Gorum (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) 6 | HP 35/39| AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Heal +10, Perc: +13, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft (40)| Blessing (War): 6/6 | Sacred Weapon: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 3/5 2nd 3/4| Fervor 3/6 Active conditions: Angelic Aspect (Lesser), Divine Favor, Haste, Inspire Courage, 5 Negative Levels

That's the fun. No one does. If they knew we wouldn't be out here gathering samples.

Calling upon Gorum Urzaia approaches the fallen trees, axe in hand.

Here kitty kitty. Why don't you come out and play?

Casting Divine Favor before approaching.

Sovereign Court

Female Human, Taldane Myvanwie Jadrine Keostela Hetherington Swashbuckler 4 / Bard 2 | HP 48 / 48 | AC 24/16/18 | F+4 R+13 W+6 | Init+7 | Perception+9 |

”We’ve got this.”

Something about Mivvy’s tone lends everyone confidence.
inspire courage +1

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Kasumi pops a quick Blur on Daddy Urz.

Liberty's Edge

HP 33 l AC 20 (T 15/FF 15) l F +6, R +8, W+8 (+2 vs enchantments) l Ini +8 l Perc +13

Fen readies his whip as he stays in the middle to maximize the reach he has. Casting a light spell on a stone he picks up, Fen palms it so as to not cast to much light around himself.

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Urzaia creeps forward to the fallen trees.

GM Screen:

Perception Mivvy Hetherington: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Perception Fen Vion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Perception Father Urzaia Conflict: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Perception Rondolpho Keene: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Perception Prakriti: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception Kasumi the Vexatious: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Stealth Deadfall Dweller: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Mivvy, Keene and Urzaia:

A strange sight to see, indeed. On the ground is a large log that looks like it scurries on little branches. It scurries away from you all in a quick and silent pitter-patter. You three seem to be the only ones who notice.
Slide 6.

Just a reminder for this quest; they want either a trophy or a description of the beasts. If you want to fight, lemme know.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Half-Orc (Molthuni) Warpriest of Gorum (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) 6 | HP 35/39| AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Heal +10, Perc: +13, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft (40)| Blessing (War): 6/6 | Sacred Weapon: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 3/5 2nd 3/4| Fervor 3/6 Active conditions: Angelic Aspect (Lesser), Divine Favor, Haste, Inspire Courage, 5 Negative Levels

Urzaia whispers to the others.

Do you see this? It's some kind of log bug.

Sovereign Court

Female Human, Taldane Myvanwie Jadrine Keostela Hetherington Swashbuckler 4 / Bard 2 | HP 48 / 48 | AC 24/16/18 | F+4 R+13 W+6 | Init+7 | Perception+9 |

”Extraordinary! Some kind of camouflage, perhaps?”

Mivvy begins to take notes.

Grand Lodge

Human Ranger (Guide) 1/ Wizard (Wood) 5 | AC (21)13/13/11| CMD 17 | HP 53/53 | F+8(10),R+7(9),W+7(9) | Init+6,Perc +10 | Ranger Focus 1/day |

”It doesn’t seem inherently evil, does it? I don’t see any reason we have to kill it. Maybe we could observe it for a few moments for our note taking purposes.”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

"I have no idea what y'all are talking about," says Kasumi, squinting into the trees.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Half-Orc (Molthuni) Warpriest of Gorum (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) 6 | HP 35/39| AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Heal +10, Perc: +13, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft (40)| Blessing (War): 6/6 | Sacred Weapon: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 3/5 2nd 3/4| Fervor 3/6 Active conditions: Angelic Aspect (Lesser), Divine Favor, Haste, Inspire Courage, 5 Negative Levels

A large hand lands on Kasumi's head, turning it towards the walking log.

That, right there. A log with legs.

Liberty's Edge

HP 33 l AC 20 (T 15/FF 15) l F +6, R +8, W+8 (+2 vs enchantments) l Ini +8 l Perc +13

"I don't see it either, but if you say we don't have to kill it then let us not." Fen agress

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

"Urzaia, I just want you to know, I am so thankful that you're pointing my head in any direction but downwards," she says.

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The log creature, seeming satisfied that it is not being approached, continues scampering around on its own interests. The party observes it for a while, getting a good idea of what they can explain about it.

Bonus points for an attempted Craft check to make a drawing.

For the next Fantastical Beast and where to find it, Survival check.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Half-Orc (Molthuni) Warpriest of Gorum (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) 6 | HP 35/39| AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Heal +10, Perc: +13, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft (40)| Blessing (War): 6/6 | Sacred Weapon: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 3/5 2nd 3/4| Fervor 3/6 Active conditions: Angelic Aspect (Lesser), Divine Favor, Haste, Inspire Courage, 5 Negative Levels

craft: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

survival, aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Behold! Kasumi’s 667th Post!

Craft: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Sovereign Court

Female Human, Taldane Myvanwie Jadrine Keostela Hetherington Swashbuckler 4 / Bard 2 | HP 48 / 48 | AC 24/16/18 | F+4 R+13 W+6 | Init+7 | Perception+9 |

Perform oratory to compose a convincing and detailed description?

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

@Mivvy: Roll'em.

Grand Lodge

Human Ranger (Guide) 1/ Wizard (Wood) 5 | AC (21)13/13/11| CMD 17 | HP 53/53 | F+8(10),R+7(9),W+7(9) | Init+6,Perc +10 | Ranger Focus 1/day |

Craft 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sovereign Court

Female Human, Taldane Myvanwie Jadrine Keostela Hetherington Swashbuckler 4 / Bard 2 | HP 48 / 48 | AC 24/16/18 | F+4 R+13 W+6 | Init+7 | Perception+9 |

perform (oratory): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Between Mivvy and Kasumi, getting a firm detailed description of the creature proves to be an easy enough task.

Still waiting on survival checks to find the next beast.

Grand Lodge

Human Ranger (Guide) 1/ Wizard (Wood) 5 | AC (21)13/13/11| CMD 17 | HP 53/53 | F+8(10),R+7(9),W+7(9) | Init+6,Perc +10 | Ranger Focus 1/day |

Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Keene starts searching high and low for any sign of other creatures.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Kasumi only searches low.

Silver Crusade

Female Samsaran Oracle (Reincarnated Oracle) 6 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 24| T: 16 | FF: 19 | CMD: 19 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +4| Will: +5| Init: +7 | Perc: +5| Sense Motive: -1 | Spirit Mem: 8/8 | Locat Mem: 8/8 | Spells: 1:7/7, 2: 6/6, 3: 4/4

Riti joins in the search for the beast.

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male CG Half-Orc (Molthuni) Warpriest of Gorum (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) 6 | HP 35/39| AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Heal +10, Perc: +13, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft (40)| Blessing (War): 6/6 | Sacred Weapon: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 3/5 2nd 3/4| Fervor 3/6 Active conditions: Angelic Aspect (Lesser), Divine Favor, Haste, Inspire Courage, 5 Negative Levels

Not much luck here. Mivvy, Fen, did either of you find anything?

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

So I had a post where I jotted Fen, he found it, and was going to proceed from there. Bad news is my computer froze and locked up on me 3 times while I was doing it. It is on its death bed now it seems.

Fen do the thing: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The party finds a scary tree that looks like a weeping willow but with its leaves ending in nooses. A dead body hangs from one of them.

Proper post when I get to work. What will you all do?

Sovereign Court

Female Human, Taldane Myvanwie Jadrine Keostela Hetherington Swashbuckler 4 / Bard 2 | HP 48 / 48 | AC 24/16/18 | F+4 R+13 W+6 | Init+7 | Perception+9 |

Mivvy keeps a safe distance and whispers, ”If it can’t move, maybe we can just set it on fire from a distance and watch it burn. Can plant-things move?”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Kasumi frowns. "I'm in favor of Plan: Burn It Down."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Half-Orc (Molthuni) Warpriest of Gorum (Molthuni Arsenal Chaplain) 6 | HP 35/39| AC 20 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +0 | Heal +10, Perc: +13, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft (40)| Blessing (War): 6/6 | Sacred Weapon: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 3/5 2nd 3/4| Fervor 3/6 Active conditions: Angelic Aspect (Lesser), Divine Favor, Haste, Inspire Courage, 5 Negative Levels

Some can and most of the ones that can't reach farther than you'd think.

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Sovereign Court

Female Human, Taldane Myvanwie Jadrine Keostela Hetherington Swashbuckler 4 / Bard 2 | HP 48 / 48 | AC 24/16/18 | F+4 R+13 W+6 | Init+7 | Perception+9 |

knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Lodge

Human Ranger (Guide) 1/ Wizard (Wood) 5 | AC (21)13/13/11| CMD 17 | HP 53/53 | F+8(10),R+7(9),W+7(9) | Init+6,Perc +10 | Ranger Focus 1/day |

Know. Nature 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Both Mivvy and Rondolpho have heard of this before. The Hangman Tree; Nomrally, these sinister trees loom above fields strewn with bones. Numerous leafy vines, their tips looped into nooses, hang from the branches. Generally they stand at 30ft tall with a weight of 12,000 pounds.

Most notable features are its hallucinatory spores that it can burst into a 50ft radius and fools people into thinking it is a regular tree or, at worst, a treant or some other friendly tree.

Otherwise, these things have spell resistance, weakness to shock, and can speak Sylvan.

NE Huge Plant

Grand Lodge

Human Ranger (Guide) 1/ Wizard (Wood) 5 | AC (21)13/13/11| CMD 17 | HP 53/53 | F+8(10),R+7(9),W+7(9) | Init+6,Perc +10 | Ranger Focus 1/day |

”Now this thing looks like a problem. It lures in the unsuspecting....should we try and eliminate the threat?”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Kasumi’s eyes widen.

”Wait. It speaks Sylvan?”

This is my moment!!

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Kasumi:

I suppose it is.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Kasumi clears her throat and steps up:

Sylvan:
”Hey, tree! What’s your deal?”

Sovereign Court

Female Human, Taldane Myvanwie Jadrine Keostela Hetherington Swashbuckler 4 / Bard 2 | HP 48 / 48 | AC 24/16/18 | F+4 R+13 W+6 | Init+7 | Perception+9 |

Mivvy checks her pack for things that hurt magic trees...

Liberty's Edge

HP 33 l AC 20 (T 15/FF 15) l F +6, R +8, W+8 (+2 vs enchantments) l Ini +8 l Perc +13

"Fire perhaps?" Fen offers pulling out a torch

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Sylvan:

"Well, aren't you a cute little fox... Why don't you come over and see my deal? I have such lovely branches that, you can see, produce wonderful leaves."

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Sylvan:
”Dude, you’ve got bones hanging from those leaves! I know you’re one of those hanging trees. I was just wondering, like. What do you get out of it? Like... what’s the point?”

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Sylvan:

"Well, aren't you clever?"
Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Bluff. What's your poison?

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Spoiler:
Given the options? Bluff, every time!
Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

GM Screen:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Sylvan:

"Well, since you are such a kind little fox.. I am getting my winter harvest in. Have to stock up for the long cold... Though this one isn't quite ripe enough for my taste yet."

It seems to laugh as it rocks side to side, the dead body swinging.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Sylvan:
"So this is like a food thing?"

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps | From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Sylvan:

"Not much different than what you and the mortals do.. A tree has to eat."

Grand Lodge

Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

Sylvan:
"Okay, but, like, maybe I'm not following here-- aren't you a tree? Like, with roots and leaves and... chlorophyll?"

Sovereign Court

Female Human, Taldane Myvanwie Jadrine Keostela Hetherington Swashbuckler 4 / Bard 2 | HP 48 / 48 | AC 24/16/18 | F+4 R+13 W+6 | Init+7 | Perception+9 |

Mivvy stretches a little and stifles a yawn.

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,795 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Worg's Tears at Bitter Manor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.