GM Phntm888's Return of the Runelords

Game Master Phntm888

Roderic's Wreck

Roderic's Cove

The Churlwood

Loot Sheet


1 to 50 of 930 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The late summer day dawned bright and cheerful, yet slightly cooler than normal - an excellent day to be at the Circle Market, where you never know what kind of deal you might find. Most people in Roderic's Cove grow their own food, but on the day of the Circle Market, dozens of people gather in the Circle in town to buy and sell items they don't normally have access to. Farmers from the surrounding hinterlands make their way into town, and traveling merchants often stop to set up shot. The Circle Market is as much a social occasion as it is a mercantile one, as those in town can visit with friends and family who don't.

The Circle itself is a large, round, ancient stone foundation that the original settlers decided to build their town around. It has served as the town square for the entirety of Roderic's Cove's existence, and likely will as long as Roderic's Cove still stands.


Human Priestess of Desna 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | F+3 R+2 W+6* | CMD 11 | Init +2 Perc +4 | Spells 1st 2/3 | Good 6/7 Luck 2/7 | Channel 3/5 (1d6 DC 12)

They say that, in dreams, the world is at its most real. When we lay our heads upon our pillows or satchels, when we stare up at our ceilings or canopies, when we bask beneath the light of the moon and stars, we see things a bit differently. Unburdened by plans and problems, we experience things as they are. The world can simply breathe, and in its exhale we are captive to its whims.

It's for this reason that Kera begins each day with a prayer of sorts (more of a conversation, really), in which she reflects upon her dreams and thanks the Great Dreamer for sending them. She doesn't question them too much, insteading trusting in the guidance of destiny. She apologizes to the universe for the tracks she is to impart upon it that day, and asks for its patience as she finds her way. Like a shooting star traversing the vastness of space, hers can be a lonely road. But like the stars, there are numerous travelers with whom she might share the burden of this journey, and she asks for safe passage for them in kind.

It is in this way that Kera begins this most fateful of days. Stepping from the back of her brightly-painted vardo, she hums a little tune as she brushes out her long hair, her best and favorite feature. Its texture she'd gotten from her mother, whose hair was likewise wild and, it was well known, had a mind of its own. Hers was not independently intelligent but was equally difficult to control (there aren't enough prestidigitations in the world to tame this rebellious mop). Its auburn color, however, came from her father. At least, her mother said so, and she'd have to take her word on that, because she'd never met the man. Her mother said only that theirs had been a passionate but brief encounter on the road, when Arya was a much younger woman. Two shooting stars, they'd been, flying in different directions.

Among her clansmen, she leads the morning prayer, then helps herself to a breakfast of hot sausages and porridge.

The rising sun finds her roaming the Circle amid the hustle and bustle of market day. "Mornin' Henric, Renae! Th'air's crisp as an autumn apple, i'nit?" Tag Henric and Renae.


Male Human Occultist 2 | HP 19/19| AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st - 3/3; Mental Focus (5/5) - Evoc: 2/3; Abj.: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Having been up late into the night going over his notes and reading through materials, this after having spent time talking with Audrahni, as was his usual routine these days, Henric Drake looks a little bedraggled this morning. He wore his usual clothes, though they must have been washed just recently as they looked fresher than he. He well worn traveling pants and shirt were partially covered by the long, leather armored jacket, his heavy boots just poking out from underneath. His short-cut black hair was covered with his signature wide-brimmed leather hat, which casts a slight amount of shade over his tired features. He holds his equally familiar black oak staff in his right hand; truth be told, it was less of a hold and more of a lean.

Henric's features are plain but rugged, with the shadow of a beard that always seemed to threaten his face, regardless of how recently it was cut. Which was often, by the way. He hated the irritation it caused him. But I digress.

Upon hearing his name being called out, he stops suddenly, a little surprised, then lifts the brim of his had over his eyes enough to see Kera approach. The caravan priestess, right? what was her name again? Korra? Kapa? No... Kera. That's it. He lifts a hand in greetings to the boisterous young Varisian woman. "Good morn, Kera. It's uh... good to see you." He straightens up his posture a bit, trying to look a little more presentable. His eyes shift to either side occasionally, as if trying to decide on something else to say, or an escape plan. "How are you today?" he finally adds.


Human Bard | hp 9/9 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | F + 1 R +5 W +2 | CMD 12 | Init +3 | Per +4 | Bardic Performance 7/7| Spells 1st 2/2 (cause fear, grease)

"Why did I come here?" Georgi sighs quietly to himself, feeling adrift amid the wash of good-humored people circulating around the market. Browsing, chatting, catching up.

Obeying some instinct he had thought had managed to rid himself of, Georgi had awoken early. Rising in the clothes he had passed out in Georgi pushed his way through the morning fog and stumbled out of his tiny second floor garret, navigating the stairs down with exaggerated care.

Out in the daylight he blinked at the sun with a mixture of resentment and appreciation. Every hour of daylight was precious, but the at the same time the sunny day seemed almost accusatory.

Georgi plucked at the threadbare cuffs of a once stylish travelling outfit as he wandered aimlessly toward the market. He couldn't yet face the thought of eating and carefully shooed any thoughts of wine into the back of his mind where they belonged.

Reaching the market he shuffled about taking things in without really looking closely. He glanced back in the direction of his garret, thinking of the violin he left there. "Maybe next time." He muttered to himself. At length he found himself simply watching the people pass by.

I wonder if I know anybody here? If Stryn is about he'll no doubt see me before I see him.

Then his head turns as he hears Renae's name called.


Female Human (Azlanti) Enchanter 2 |HP 12/12|AC 12 T 12 FF 10|Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4|CMD 11|Init +2|Per +1| Dazing Touch 7/7|Active Conditions: None
Prepared Spells:
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic|1st: Ear-Piercing Scream (DC 15), Grease (DC 15), Mage Armor, Sleep (DC 16)

Even with all the changes in her life, the fact that the Circle Market had stayed the same despite all her years away from it, warmed Renae's heart. She had come to the Circle Market with her parents, who as always sold their wares at their shop in the town square while cheerfully chatting with their neighbors and fellow merchants.

It was a beautiful day, and so Renae decided to come in something breezy and soft. A white linen dress with a light green trim that was fastened together with a capelet. Although she was getting better at taming it, Renae's mother had helped her that morning to comb her long hair until it was shining with black luster.

It was almost eerie how normal being back in the market felt. She had told her parents everything that had happened to her while she was gone. Leaving the Cypher Lodge, inadvertently joining the Aspis Consortium, nearly being beaten to death, dying in a dungeon, being reborn in a new body, learning to accept that new body. Everything. She feared that they wouldn't believe it, or worse, that they would and reject her for what she had become. But they didn't. Instead, they embraced their daughter and welcomed her back home. Changes and all.

The memory of that night made her go a little misty and Renae used a slender finger to wipe away any escaping tears. She thanked Soralyon for blessing her parents with compassionate wisdom and Arshea for giving them an open-mind.

When she heard her name across the crowd, Renae couldn't help but make a small knowing smile. She immediately recognized the owner of the voice. How could she not when it had such a distinct, and in Renae's humble opinion, charming Varisian drawl to it.

Telling her parents that a new friend had called and that she would be back shortly, Renae entered the crowd and quickly found Kera and Henric too amongst the sea of people in the town square. Having not quite lost the rigid etiquette and deference that the arcanists of the Cypher Lodge had drilled into her head, she greeted the pair formally, despite both of them have made it clear that such titles weren't necessary.

"Ms. Mvashti, Mr. Drake. Good day to you both." She made a small bow of respect to both of them before waving a hand across the market. "I hope you're enjoying the market. It may be small but interesting finds are an abound, I assure."


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

For a moment, Kiley dreams she was waking up in a luxurious nest of pillows and blankets in a tastefully furnished room like she'd read about on those few occasions she'd been able to read a novel. Sadly, the reality is not so great. The room under the stairs is the only one that the innkeeper had been willing to spare as part of her payment for singing and dancing for his patrons last night. It is small, with a thin mattress and threadbare sheets, but it is better than sleeping in the streets.

She sits up, almost knocking herself out on the low ceiling over the bed. It takes a moment for the bright lights to clear and the sharp pain to fade, and by the time she shuffles over to the wash basin crammed into one of the corners, it's little more than a dull ache. She scrubs her face, wishing the water was cool and refreshing instead of just tepid, and combs her hair to get rid of her bedhead. As she gets ready, she wonders if she's being paranoid about the Black Rose finding her here in Roderic's Cove. Surely there is no reason to wear the mail shirt or carry the short sword she'd stolen from them when she'd run from Riddleport.

After a few moments of staring at the padding she wore under the mail, she sighs and finishes pulling on her pants then grabs the padding to put on as well. The mail and padding did little to limit her movements considering the protection they offered and are nicely hidden under the slightly too large tunic she wears when going out and about. The decision made, she finishes getting ready and packing her pack. She wraps her greatsword in her cloak and ties it to her pack as she hopes it won't cause her any trouble. Those who looked like they were looking for it often found it. The last thing she had to take care of is her ears and tail. She ties one scarf around her head with practiced ease before tying the ones around her waist to hide her tail in.

She leaves just as the first drunks from last night clomp down the stairs. Some of them would be hours yet, and most of the ones now in the tavern had not drunk much before retiring. The sun is bright as it shines through the windows. Kiley settles her account with the innkeeper and thanks the man honestly for the most part. The sounds of the Circle Market beckoned and Kiley was soon looking for a spot to dance when she sees a short, familiar figure.

"Stryn! I hope you managed not to get into too much trouble last night. I'd hate for us to have to run for our lives before we even find a good spot to dance and sing for some coin," she teases him with a grin. Stryn is strange for a goblin, and Kiley has never had much love for goblins. But this one, she could see, was different. He at least seems to be able to function among the townsfolk without any violence.


Male Human Occultist 2 | HP 19/19| AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st - 3/3; Mental Focus (5/5) - Evoc: 2/3; Abj.: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Renae Sherson wrote:
"Ms. Mvashti, Mr. Drake. Good day to you both." She made a small bow of respect to both of them before waving a hand across the market. "I hope you're enjoying the market. It may be small but interesting finds are an abound, I assure."

Stepping back slightly as he is caught by surprise, Henric recovers after a brief moment once he realizes who is addressing them. "Oh.. uh, hello, uh, Ms. Renae. It's an interesting place... indeed." He looks back at Kera for a moment before returning his gaze to Renae. He suddenly takes in a quick breathe, like he forgot something, then adds, "And how are you?"


Male Male Goblin | Rogue - Unchained (Scout, Underground Chemist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +6 (Darkvision) |

Perception-Kiley: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Just to get that out of the way :)

Stryn woke up before dawn, like he usually did so he could make it down to the docks and help some of the fishing boats prep for the day. It was easier to slip through town unnoticed when most of the longshanks were still asleep. Not that it was generally an issue, he just enjoyed being able to walk the streets without having to worry as much about trying to hide. The few captains he had been helping had gotten used to the little goblin coming by to help over the time he had been here and usually gave him a copper or two for his assistance. Once he finished up on the docks, the morning light was filtering over the town and people were starting to wake up. Now smelling of fish and sea breeze, with his morning tasks complete, the short, puddgy goblin made his way to the market.

There was a buzz in the air with it being Circle Market day. Usually, he was more stealthy getting around once the light was up, but with the chaos of new people coming into town and everyone making their way to the market to setup, he didn't need to be quite as careful. Walking about with his cloak over his head he watched as the various longshanks setup stalls. He shook his head numerous times as he took note of all the things that would be so easy for him to steal without people noticing, but resisted the urge reciting his promise in his head "Promise to be good, promise to be good"

He spotted Kiley looking for a good spot to setup for dancing so she could try and earn some extra coin and when she called out to him he quickly came over. When she asks about last night Stryn grinned and spoke in his somewhat broken common "Good night, no troubles. You dancin' for the longshanks? Stryn dance too?" He looks down at the ground a moment as he considers what could happen if he danced with her and then adds "Maybe Ms. Kiley better dance alone... Stryn not want scare shinnies away."


Human Bard | hp 9/9 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | F + 1 R +5 W +2 | CMD 12 | Init +3 | Per +4 | Bardic Performance 7/7| Spells 1st 2/2 (cause fear, grease)

Georgi watches Henric, Kera, and Renae for a moment and thinks better of joining.

Better not introduce more awkwardness. The thought of interacting in a pleasant everyday fashion with people he doesn't know is oddly intimidating.

Instead he hears Stryn's name and wanders over to catch the end of his conversation with Kiley.

"Stryn I'm certain the good people of this town would be delighted to see a display of your uncanny grace and timing." he says as he strolls up. "Besides a capering goblin will no doubt drawn an audience your friend can capitalize on."

"Ah... Kiley, is it?" Georgi inclines his head a little sheepishly. "I'm afraid I only dimly recall meeting you recently, I fear I may not have been at my best. Allow me to apologize to you for that, I can become... pensive? Morbid? Morose? It's all about how everything I believed was wrong and I'm responsible for terrible things. No real bother actually."

He gives a smile that he remembers used to be disarming. he's not sure now.

"Anyway if you intend to perform today we should be overjoyed to see it."


Kylie notes a good spot where she'd be able to perform - and based on the position of the sun, she'll be well-illuminated for at least most of the morning.

Renae's parents, busy with their wares, note their daughters departure but are rather busy at the moment. Still, no reason to worry about her during the Circle Market.

The crowd seems to be slowly growing as the morning moves on.


Human Priestess of Desna 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | F+3 R+2 W+6* | CMD 11 | Init +2 Perc +4 | Spells 1st 2/3 | Good 6/7 Luck 2/7 | Channel 3/5 (1d6 DC 12)

Kera smiles broadly at Henric's obvious discomfort. "I'm two steps this side o' where I was, so take that for what it is!"

"Hi Renae!" Kera will never get used to being bowed out. She reaches out and gives Renae a pat on the shoulder. "The market's fantastic! Look!" Kera points to a patisserie's booth. There, a tantalizing spread of artisan, gourmet pastries lines the vendor's table. Cannoli, strudel, eclairs, fruit tarts, fig dumplings, apple pies, and other confections accompany loaves of milled wheat sprinkled with sesame seeds, white breads pulled and twisted into baguettes, and round loaves of pumpkin bread crowned with pecan. The glaze of most of them reflects the sunlight, the coarse sugars reflecting the light like delicate, prized jewels.

"I want t'eat everythin'," she says soberly.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Azlanti) Enchanter 2 |HP 12/12|AC 12 T 12 FF 10|Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4|CMD 11|Init +2|Per +1| Dazing Touch 7/7|Active Conditions: None
Prepared Spells:
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic|1st: Ear-Piercing Scream (DC 15), Grease (DC 15), Mage Armor, Sleep (DC 16)

Renae noted Henric jumpiness but decided not to mention it. Arcane scholars had a tendency to be nervous at times, herself included. This was especially for those scholars who went into the field, which Renae heavily suspected Henric did quite often.

"The day is beautiful, the market is bustling with old friends, and I've been enjoying my family's company," Renae answered, her contentment obvious on her beautiful face. "I'd say I'm doing quite fine. Thank you for asking, Henric."

Kera's simple, carefree touch sent a strange wave of sensation through Renae's body that for a briefest of seconds gave the wizardess pause. This sort of thing happened sometimes. Her new body's senses reacting to things and people in ways she could not expect or entirely control. Something as simple as a touch or a beautiful smile could set it off. Suddenly Renae couldn't help but notice Kera's wild auburn hair and charming grin.

Blushing slightly, she summoned her willpower and shook the sensations off. Refocusing her senses, she took in a whiff of the assortment of pastries, which even from afar held a strong and intoxicating scent in the air that permeated across the entire town square. It was a familiar smell, and it made Renae's mouth fold into a warm smile.

"I've already eaten with my family, but I suppose one fruit tart would do me no harm," she admitted coyly. "Henric would you care to join us?"


Male Human Occultist 2 | HP 19/19| AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st - 3/3; Mental Focus (5/5) - Evoc: 2/3; Abj.: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

As the ladies were talking, Henric's thoughts started to drift a bit, back to his studies of the last month, and to his talk with Audrahni the previous evening... and every evening for the past few weeks. Something about the Forlorn elf is both soothing and stirring.

His attention is snapped to the present when he hears his name. [b]"I'm sorry, what? Join... you? Uhh. Yes... I, uh, think I could do that. Thank you."{/b]

He wanders through the market with the two women, mostly allowing them to lead the conversation and sample the wares, though he is convinced now and then to try the odd delectable. This is so far beyond my understanding, he ponders in his own thoughts while watching Kera and Renae compare notes over a fruit tart. Are friendships always like this?


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

Kiley kneels to look Stryn in the eye when Georgi arrives and apologizes for his behavior the other night when they'd met. The young man was certainly looking less drunk, but Kiley was a little worried about his continuing depression.

"Well Stryn, think the three of us could scare up some coin for later? Maybe we can get Mister Raincloud here to cheer up," she asks before looking up and asking Georgi, "so, do you know how to play a jig or reel on a fiddle? Something to get the blood flowing and the feet moving?"

She smiles as she nods to the case tied to the side of her pack, then gives Stryn a wink and mouthing "Play Along" in the brief moment she had.

Yes, she stole a fiddle she doesn't know how to play when she ran. :)


Human Bard | hp 9/9 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | F + 1 R +5 W +2 | CMD 12 | Init +3 | Per +4 | Bardic Performance 7/7| Spells 1st 2/2 (cause fear, grease)

"Reels? Jigs?" Georgi frowns a little as if the words are unfamiliar but he glances towards the case. "I specialize more in chilling the blood." He says in tone that may be self-mocking. "But I'd appreciate a look at your, um, fiddle. I always enjoy acquainting myself with a new instrument."

The fingers on his left hand seem to be twitching slightly of their own accord.


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

"Sure, just follow me, you two."

Kiley stands up and shrugs off the pack as she heads over to the spot she'd spied before someone else could snap it up for themselves. She sets the pack to one side and undoes the cords binding her fiddle's case to her pack and hands it to Georgi.

"It's not much, but it's better than nothing. Everything you need should be in there," she says as she tries, unsuccessfully, to keep from bouncing up and down in anticipation. The case contains a violin and bow, both worn but still in good repair, along with the various accouterments need to play and care for it.

Just a note, Kiley's all of five feet tall, so depending on how tall Georgi is, this could look like a brother getting a present from their excited kid sister. :P


Human Bard | hp 9/9 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | F + 1 R +5 W +2 | CMD 12 | Init +3 | Per +4 | Bardic Performance 7/7| Spells 1st 2/2 (cause fear, grease)

Georgi smiles faintly as peers down at diminutive young woman. Gently he picks the violin up and inspects it. He turns it around in his hands, sights down the fingerboard and plucks a little at the strings. "Hrmm... maybe a little out of tune."

Georgi picks up the bow and tucks the violin under his chin. He gently bows the A string, frowns and adjusts it slightly. "Better." After spending a few minutes putting the violin into tune he murmurs "Let's just hear the intonation."

He produces a single, clear sustained note for a long moment and at length adds a note below. Then he stops for a moment and suddenly saws through a series of sharp dissonant chords ending in a sound a bit like an apoplectic crow. A smile of satisfaction crosses his face.

"Not bad."He says holding his strange smile for a long, uncomfortable moment.

Then he launches into a lively, half-remembered Varisian folk tune.

perform: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

He's a little rusty but he carries it off well enough, his face relaxing into an unfamiliar and untroubled expression for a short time.


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

As Georgi finds the rhythm, Kiley begins to gently sway in time with the music. As he finds the song, she begins to dance in earnest as a smile spreads on her face. She beckons for Stryn to join in before twirling through the space she'd picked out in a flash of glinting silver thread and polished steel buckles and fittings.

Woo! So happy that was a good roll.


Male Male Goblin | Rogue - Unchained (Scout, Underground Chemist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +6 (Darkvision) |

When Georgi starts to play and Kiley begins to dance, Stryn is more than happy to join in, especially after their encouragement.

Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

He was no where as skilled a dancer as Kiley, but what he lacked in skill he made up for in amusing dance moves. Having more of a tribal feel, his dances moves incorporated a lot of jumping around and more stiff bouncy movements, a lot of throwing his hands up in the air and spinning in circles. He works in concert with Kiley to help improve the overall performance.


GM Rolls:

Georgi: 1d10 ⇒ 10
Kiley: 3d10 ⇒ (8, 4, 6) = 18
Stryn: 3d10 ⇒ (3, 5, 2) = 10

The morning wears on towards mid-day. Georgi finds the tune of this song and the next, while Kiley's graceful moves and Stryn's exuberant bouncing bring in a small crowd, allowing you to earn 38 silver for the day's performances. Renae, Henric, and Kera move through the market, sampling various vendors wares, and enjoying what is a most pleasant day.

Around mid-day, you sight old Bimmer "Possum" Coots, who shows up every Circle Market to sell cups of his "possum punch". No one quite knows what it is or what's in it, but everyone thinks it's tasty, and perhaps a little bit alcoholic.

As the afternoon winds down, you notice a group of five men and women who seem to have converged on Possum's stand to drink punch and talk amongst themselves.

Perception DC 15:

You overhear them commiserating over the loss of several friends in the slaughter last week, and notice a crude patch on a bit of clothing bearing what appears to be a mouth with jagged fangs descending from it.

If you succeed at the above Perception check, and Knowledge (local) DC 10:

You recognize the patch as the symbol of the Horned Fangs gang.

If you succeed at the above Perception check, and Knowledge (arcana or history) DC 20:

You recognize the insignia as the Thassilonian Rune of Wrath.

Sense Motive DC 15:

You notice a group of five other shady types wandering their way through the crowd, heading straight for the crew around Possum's cart, their expressions intent.


Human Priestess of Desna 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | F+3 R+2 W+6* | CMD 11 | Init +2 Perc +4 | Spells 1st 2/3 | Good 6/7 Luck 2/7 | Channel 3/5 (1d6 DC 12)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"A little bit alcoholic!?" Kera blinks and coughs on the strong punch. "Don't pour't on th' fire! We'll all be toast!" She takes another sip before subtly pouring it out over a dirt patch, but she hangs on to the mug.

"Ummm, Henric, Renae?" she whispers. "D'you spot that group there by Bimmer's cart? They're part of the ruckus in the Circle last week. I heard 'em speakin' of losin' their friends."

"'N there!" she nods her head toward the second group making their way toward the cart, trying not to be too obvious. "There's five with a grudge if I ever saw it! I think there's 'bout t'be trouble!"


Male Human Occultist 2 | HP 19/19| AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st - 3/3; Mental Focus (5/5) - Evoc: 2/3; Abj.: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Hesitant at first, Henric accepts a mug of the possum punch, and almost immediately regrets it. "Smooth..." he manages between coughs.

After a moment or to of clearing his throat of the drink, Henric's attention is drawn to the suspicious characters that Kera points out. At the mention of trouble, Henric posture changes subtly, straightening a bit, his hand gripping his darkwood staff a little tighter. "There goes the neighborhood," he comments under his breath towards Kera and Renae. The usual uncertainty in his voice is curiously missing.


Male Male Goblin | Rogue - Unchained (Scout, Underground Chemist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +6 (Darkvision) |

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

On one of their breaks from dancing Stryn spots old man Coot setting up shop. With a big grin he nudges Georgi and nods for Kiley to come over. "We gets drinks? Tree-rat punch is good!"

He motions for the others to follow but before he gets too close he notices the group of men there an overhears them talking. He looks back to Kiley and Gregori with a questioning look.


Human Bard | hp 9/9 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | F + 1 R +5 W +2 | CMD 12 | Init +3 | Per +4 | Bardic Performance 7/7| Spells 1st 2/2 (cause fear, grease)

Georgi carefully puts the violin back in its case. He looks bemused at the pile of silver they accumulated.

"Well thank you for a most diverting afternoon." He says to Kiley and Stryn.

"Eh? Tree-rate punch? With a name like that how could it fail to satisfy? Indeed I'm parched, lets go get some of this vermin nectar."

He walks slowly toward Possum's stand, but his mind clearly elsewhere.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Human (Azlanti) Enchanter 2 |HP 12/12|AC 12 T 12 FF 10|Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4|CMD 11|Init +2|Per +1| Dazing Touch 7/7|Active Conditions: None
Prepared Spells:
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic|1st: Ear-Piercing Scream (DC 15), Grease (DC 15), Mage Armor, Sleep (DC 16)

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Oh well.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

After taking a swing of the punch, Renae couldn't help but agree with Kera and Henric's sardonic assessment. "Yes, it is quite strong," she admits, before putting down the mug of unfinished punch on a nearby stand. "I think that should suffice for me today."

Kera's whispers brought the group of ruffians to Renae's attention. She couldn't make out what they saying, or even see their gang insignia from this distance, but Renae had no reason to doubt Kera's claim. The group did look unsavory and seemed to be getting drunk on the punch faster than they were.

Renae nodded to her friends words. "My parents told me about last week. Asinine gang violence is regrettably a dark feature of the Cove. Best we keep our wits in case we see more of it today."


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Dem rolls...

Kiley snickers as she lets Stryn lead the way to Old Man Possum's cart.

"Oh I doubt there's any vermin in it. It's far too tasty," she says as she walks alongside Georgi. "I would be careful about drinking a lot of it though. I've heard rumors about what kinds of things people who've drunk too much Possum Punch have done."

Once at the cart, she offers to pay for the drinks before spotting a familiar face.

"Hey Kera! Mind if we join you," she asks.

Silver from dancing. Kiley would split the 38 silver by giving Georgi and Stryn 14 each and keeping 10 for herself since that would be enough for some food and a roof over her head for the night. GM, let me know how much is owed for three mugs of Possum Punch.


No doubt about it, as the five move through the crowd, it's plainly obvious they intend to cause trouble with the other group. Just as Kiley was moving Georgi and Stryn over to join Kera, Henric, and Renae, the five troublemakers were just getting close enough to cause trouble. There was clearly about to be a fight in broad daylight between the two groups.

Initiative:

Kera Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Henric Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Stryn Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Kiley Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Renae Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Georgi Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 2

Initiative Order
Kera (surprise round)
Stryn (surprise round)
Kiley
?????
?????
Georgi
Renae
Henric (surprise round)
?????

Since Kera, Stryn, and Henric made at least one check, they can all post surprise round actions.


Male Human Occultist 2 | HP 19/19| AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st - 3/3; Mental Focus (5/5) - Evoc: 2/3; Abj.: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Sensing a conflict about to erupt, Henric focuses his thoughts and feeling into a spell of protection, shaping the energy into an invisible shield.

Standard Action: Cast Shield

Shield will be active for 10 rounds.


Human Priestess of Desna 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | F+3 R+2 W+6* | CMD 11 | Init +2 Perc +4 | Spells 1st 2/3 | Good 6/7 Luck 2/7 | Channel 3/5 (1d6 DC 12)

Kera flips around, her hair billowing across her face. Reflexively she moves to smooth it back behind her ears. "Kiley! Mornin'! I was just sayin-- Who's your gob friend?" Recognition dawns. "Stryn?!"

It's at this moment it becomes clear a fight is imminent, so any reunions must be cut short.

"They're out fer blood, I'm sure! We've got t'do what we can to prevent folks from bein' hurt. There's kids here, too! I can count on you all, can't I?"

Still clutching her empty Possum Punch mug in one hand, she produces a small wood carving, a flat, circular medallion engraved with a rustic butterfly.

ஐ Lady of Fortune grace's! ஐ

As if in response her words, a gentle breeze carries the fragrance of juniper and lilac through the crowd. casting bless (+1 attacks and saves v. fear).

Not sure if I can produce my holy symbol and cast in the surprise round. But having won initiative, it would be my first action in the full round.


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

Kiley's smile fades as she realizes that something rotten is going on.

"Uh-oh. This can't be good," she tells Georgi and Stryn as the five ruffians begin their assault and Kera and her friend in the hat get ready for trouble.


Male Male Goblin | Rogue - Unchained (Scout, Underground Chemist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +6 (Darkvision) |

As another woman calls out his name he turns to look just as men with obviously hostile intent start to approach. Seeing them he pulls out his rapier and has it at the ready.

Between watching the hostile men and looking at the woman who called out his name, he tries to piece together where he knows her from. She seems familiar, like someone he knew a long time ago, but he isn't quite sure with the imminent threat looming.

Move to draw weapon. Is there a need for a map or is this theater of the mind?


As Kera draws forth her holy symbol to cast a spell, Stryn readies his rapier, and Henris gets his mind set to shield himself, the first of the aggressors reaches the group drinking and says, ”The Roadrunners we’re here first, and we’ll be here last.” He pulls back his fist and prepares to punch one of the others as the rest of the crowd picks up what’s about to happen...

And that’s about the time the ghost of Sir Roderic appears.

Although somewhat misty and insubstantial, he is still clearly recognizable as the founder of Roderic’s Cove, and he appears to have a look of distress on his face as he shouts, ”NO! MY COVE! NO!” The final “NO” turns into a wail, and the crowd and both groups of thugs immediately begin screaming and panicking.

GM Rolls:

Stryn Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Kiley Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Kera Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Henris Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Renae Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Georgi Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Stryn, Henric, Renae, and Georgi join them in panicking. All 4 of you have the panicked condition for 8 rounds.

The Ghost of Sir Roderic fades shortly after wailing, but the panic caused by his appearance most definitely does not.

Combat is over. No one has expended any resources.


Human Bard | hp 9/9 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | F + 1 R +5 W +2 | CMD 12 | Init +3 | Per +4 | Bardic Performance 7/7| Spells 1st 2/2 (cause fear, grease)

Georgi only notices the impending violence as the first agressor cocks back his fist.

Oh, no what's going on here?

"My friend there's no need for..." He begins to say when the apparition appears before him.

No no no no! It's happening again! His mind flashes back to the encounter in the woods. Not again. It'll kill everyone!

"Run run! Save yourselves!" He screams as he bolts blindly away.

As he runs he replays the events of the last month in his mind. The ghost, she wanted us to know. She hated our ignorance. Our innocence. She punished us. Punished them.

He keeps running for almost a full minute then abruptly a thought penetrates his panic-clouded mind. She didn't look anything like Sir Roderic, though. What just happened here?

Knowledge:

On the off chance any are relevant.
knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
knowledge religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
knowledge history: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human Occultist 2 | HP 19/19| AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st - 3/3; Mental Focus (5/5) - Evoc: 2/3; Abj.: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Preparing the energy to protect himself, Henric is caught unawares by the pahntom's appearance, which shocks him into a panic. The scholar trips over backwards onto his butt, so he he scrabbles backwards on hands and feet, like a humanoid crab, trying to put as much distance between himself and the apparition. Eventually, he manages to find purchase again, making his way to his feet and gaining speed.

The fear-state inflicted on his mind, causes him to see visions that he has barely thought about since he was a child. He sees the bloody corpse of his father, lying on the ground, his cold eyes staring straight through Henric, like a damning conviction from beyond the grave.

After a few moments have passed, and Henric is able to focus his thoughts properly once more, he thinks back to those memories more analytically. [i]I haven't thought of that day in some time. What would cause that to be the first thing I think of, and what in the hells just happened?"[/b]

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

I'll throw my hat in the ring for possible information about what just happened.


Female Human (Azlanti) Enchanter 2 |HP 12/12|AC 12 T 12 FF 10|Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4|CMD 11|Init +2|Per +1| Dazing Touch 7/7|Active Conditions: None
Prepared Spells:
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic|1st: Ear-Piercing Scream (DC 15), Grease (DC 15), Mage Armor, Sleep (DC 16)

Renae was in the midst of preparing a sleeping spell to end the brewing gang confrontation right then and there, when the spirit suddenly materialized out of the aether.

She recognized the ghost immediately as her town's founder and namesake, the brave Sir Roderic. Renae had heard stories of his heroics in founding the town when she was young and her parents had a portrait of his likeness on their family mantle. She could still remember how she wanted to be just like him when was a child. To see him as this... abomination was a horrifying perversion of the highest caliber.

"Why are you here? Who did this to you?" Renae whispered the questions to herself, her horrified eyes fixed on the levitating specter.

Renae she was rooted in place beside her new friends, unable to move or even speak now. It was only when Sir Roderic screamed his outrage that she finally moved.

My family. I need to find my family.

And with that excuse running rampart in her mind, Renae abandoned her friends and ran as fast as she could to find the ones she loved. The question of why blaring in her head as she did.

I suppose since everyone else is doing it, Renae should as well. :)

Knowledges:

History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

Kiley looks around as the market is quickly emptied of most of the people, including the two gangs. She takes a deep breath through her nose and lets it out in a huff. She finishes moving to where Kera stands, now that the ghost and the gangs are gone, and waves her hand about.

"This place sure emptied quickly. You'd think everyone saw a ghost," she jokes before her expression turns more serious. "Any idea what the thugs and the ghost are about? I was just looking forward to some fun and earning some coin for my supper tonight and now we've got specters scaring away everyone that would see me dancing and her me singing."

She sips her mug of possum punch and wonders what would be next, then wonders how Ol' Possum Coots got the bubbly in his punch. It was tickling her tongue.


Male Male Goblin | Rogue - Unchained (Scout, Underground Chemist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +6 (Darkvision) |

Stryn drops his rapier and turns to run at the sight of the ghostly longshank wailing no. He bolts off in the shortest path he can find to get away from the thing jumping over barrels and crates, and doing his best to avoid getting knocked over by the other fleeing people.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Human Priestess of Desna 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | F+3 R+2 W+6* | CMD 11 | Init +2 Perc +4 | Spells 1st 2/3 | Good 6/7 Luck 2/7 | Channel 3/5 (1d6 DC 12)

"Criminy!" Kera gasps as the apparition appears. Her natural curiosity outweighs her fear, and she remains planted in her spot waiting to see what happens.

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Wait!" she calls to the others as they flee. Turning to Kiley, she huddles in close to whisper urgently.

Kiley Sherrow wrote:
"This place sure emptied quickly. You'd think everyone saw a ghost," she jokes before her expression turns more serious. "Any idea what the thugs and the ghost are about? I was just looking forward to some fun and earning some coin for my supper tonight and now we've got specters scaring away everyone that would see me dancing and her me singing."

"'twere a ghost, Sir Roderic himself, I'd say! Now, what'd stir things up such t'raise th'dead? Was't the gang scuffle last week? I did hear some died. One side's called The Roadrunners, I heard it said. Well this's a fine mystery, ain't it? Makes me want t'get t' th' bottom of't, ay?"


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

"Aye, but where to start. Our leads just went harin' off. Maybe Audrahni knows something," Kiley muses, matching her tone to Kera's, before sitting down and taking a sip of her punch.

"I was hopin' that I wouldn't be seein' any more gangs fightin' in the streets after I left Riddleport. Guess that was too much to ask for," she laments while staring in her cup. The morose mood only lasts a moment before Kiley downs the rest of her drink and looks to Kera.

"Better go collect our friends of less stout heart. I'm sure they'll want to know what's going on once they're done bein' scared an' all. D'you want to go find Audrahni or The Roadrunners first? I'd rather talk to th'elf, but I'm not always th'best at makin' th'best decisions," she says with a wry smile.


Human Priestess of Desna 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | F+3 R+2 W+6* | CMD 11 | Init +2 Perc +4 | Spells 1st 2/3 | Good 6/7 Luck 2/7 | Channel 3/5 (1d6 DC 12)

perception to notice Kiley's ancestry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"Let's see what th'others think, then we'll decide." She winks at Kiley. "Unless, 'o course, they're too scared." The two girls set out after their companions.


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

"I think we can motivate 'em. A wink and swing o' th'hips seems to work e'er time with some men. We two fine ladies shouldn't have a problem 'tall," Kiley replies with a grin as they go after Renae, Henric, Georgi, and Stryn.

"So, you know Stryn? Not many make friends with goblins," Kiley asks Kera as they make their way through the market.


Male Male Goblin | Rogue - Unchained (Scout, Underground Chemist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +6 (Darkvision) |

Hehe 8 rounds of us running at 60ft per round we are going to be spread out pretty far unless we just happened to all run in the same direction...


Henric:

As you regain control of your senses, breathing heavily, you look about and realize that you are near The Lady's Chapel, the local temple to Pharasma. Emerging from her small house near the graveyard is Audrahni, holding a basket. She sees you and comes over to you. Noticing your frightened state and fading panic, she asks you, "Henric, what's wrong? Did something happen?"

You can't recall anything related to this.

Stryn:

You took a more direct path, leaping over barrels and carts and fences, and thus find yourself near the Temple of Stars and Roads, the temple primarily dedicated to Desna. You don't see any of your friends, but you do remember they were at the Circle Market. Maybe you can find them there?

Renae:

You weren't paying attention to where you were going, but you're standing outside Hudsten's Kennel, where the famed covehounds, also known as Roderic's ridgebacks, are bred. Your family likely fled home - whether they remembered to grab the contents of the day's sales or not, that's another question. It would probably be good to go back to the Circle Market and do that.

Local check results: You recall hearing some locals discussing how, about 12 years ago or so, there were other instances of Sir Roderic's ghost appearing. Those results culminated in the discovery that the town's port governor, Jess Gildersleeves, was skimming from the Cove's tax collections and paying them to less than savory factions in Riddleport. Jess Gildersleeves was ousted and fled to Riddleport with her daughter.

You can't recall anything else related to this.

Georgi:

Your panic fades as you slowly regain your senses, and you look about you. You appear to be standing outside Conrel's General Store, and you really want a strong drink. Fortunately, you know exactly how to get to Creekside Tavern from here. Unfortunately, the tavern is back at the Circle Market, where you just saw that ghost. Are you brave enough to return to the site?

History check results: After he founded Roderic's Cove, Sir Roderic was very active in defending the new settlement, especially from Pirates in Riddleport. You know Sir Roderic was killed when, while taking his family out for a boat ride, they were attacked by some of those pirates seeking revenge, and Sir Roderic and his family all drowned.

Local check results: You recall hearing some locals discussing how, about 12 years ago or so, there were other instances of Sir Roderic's ghost appearing. Those results culminated in the discovery that the town's port governor, Jess Gildersleeves, was skimming from the Cove's tax collections and paying them to less than savory factions in Riddleport. Jess Gildersleeves was ousted and fled to Riddleport.

[ooc]Religion check results: You know that ghosts are created when the soul of a person who dies a violent death cannot rest or pass on, perhaps due to unfinished business or due to an injustice they are unable to set right. You know ghosts are incorporeal, and their moan can instill fear in all who hear it. You're pretty sure that's what happened to you.

Kiley and Kera:

You saw Renae and Henric run kind of north-ish, and Georgi and Stryn ran kind of south-ish - Stryn going over fences and such. Which direction do you want to check first?

Kera:

Religion check results: You know that ghosts are created when the soul of a person who dies a violent death cannot rest or pass on, perhaps due to unfinished business or due to an injustice they are unable to set right.


Male Human Occultist 2 | HP 19/19| AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st - 3/3; Mental Focus (5/5) - Evoc: 2/3; Abj.: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Henric looks around a little bleary-eyed, as if he'd just woken from a dream. "Au.. Audrahni? How did I end up here?" He turns in place, getting his bearings, before he turns back to his elven friend.

"The market... We were... at the Circle market." Henric removes his hat and scratches his head in thought, trying to encourage the memories. His head suddenly lifts in remembrance of the events that transpired. "There was a gang altercation, but before it could come to blows, a ghost suddenly appeared and started wailing about his cove. Before I could figure out what was going on, I fled in a terror that filled almost instantly. The next thing I knew, I was here." He pauses once more, thinking about those old memories that were brought to mind during his escape. Memories he thought all but forgotten. "Father..." He says softly to the ground.

Finally, he looks back towards Audrahni, pleadingly, looking for answers.


Human Bard | hp 9/9 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | F + 1 R +5 W +2 | CMD 12 | Init +3 | Per +4 | Bardic Performance 7/7| Spells 1st 2/2 (cause fear, grease)

Sir Roderic. Not a Thassolonian banshee come to eat our souls. Not just yet. I should go back and see.

Georgi looks toward the circle market.

The tavern is there too.

But his feet don't want to move. Miserably he stands in one place with his head bent. Then he lifts his head up abruptly and takes several resolute steps forward, only to stop after a few strides.

He listens carefully. No screaming, no sounds of death or despair

He takes several more steps forward and stops again. "There's probably no danger... I really should..." He says aloud.

With deep breath he almost strides forward but then stops and walks around in a little circle.

"Just go just go just go." He tells himself, eventually shuffling forward a few steps and the stopping to listen carefully again.

So the cycle repeats and he tentatively makes his way back towards the market.


Male Male Goblin | Rogue - Unchained (Scout, Underground Chemist) 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +6 (Darkvision) |

Once the panic subsides and Stryn finds himself all the way out near the Temple of Stars and Roads. He lets out a deep sigh of disappointment in himself for being spooked so easily, though it was the first time he had actually seen a ghost in person. When he thought on that for a moment he grinned just a bit and picked up the pace to make his way back toward the market to find the others, also... to see if the ghost was still there.

As he got closer to the market he did his best to stay out of sight in case the ghost was still around tormenting people or doing whatever it is that ghosts do. From a safe distant he hid behind a crate and looked over the market to make sure it was still safe and to see if any of his friends were there.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Human (Azlanti) Enchanter 2 |HP 12/12|AC 12 T 12 FF 10|Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4|CMD 11|Init +2|Per +1| Dazing Touch 7/7|Active Conditions: None
Prepared Spells:
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic|1st: Ear-Piercing Scream (DC 15), Grease (DC 15), Mage Armor, Sleep (DC 16)

Renae stopped running when her lungs finally demanded that that she take in a proper breath of air. She looked around and saw that was at Hudsten's Kennel, which was a far distance away from the Circle Market and her family's stand.

The must have fled home, she reasoned, but also hoped in her heart that was true. She'd have to return to the Circle Market to see whether they still weren't there.

But what of her friends? Shame filled Renae's thoughts. She had run away while they could very well still be in the Circle Market fighting Sir Roderic's spirit. Mustering her courage, Renae took in another cool breath of air to calm her senses before making her way back to the Circle Market ready to confront whatever was there.

As she did her mind started to truly process what had happened. She was sure that the spirit was that of Sir Roderic's, or at the very least it was a being that appeared as him. Childhood memories of a similar ghastly visitation taking place in her hometown came to her. Yes, yes," she remembered, her mind recalling her parents talking of it during a family dinner.

That's how the town found out about Gildersleeves' corruption. Could Sir Roderic be trying to warn of us something more dire than petty thugs threatening the town?" She couldn't help but wonder.


Female Tiefling Slayer 2 Perception DC19 to tell she's not human. HP: 10/17, NL: 0 | AC: 17/13/14, CMD: 18, Resistances: Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | F +3, R +6, W -1 (+2 vs. Undead) | Per:+4 (Darkvision 60 ft.), Init: +3 | Minor Image: 2/3, Arrows: 20 Status: -2 DEX, -2 CHA, Current AC: 16/12/14, Current CMD: 17

Kiley looks to the south, then the north, then back at Kera.

"Uh, should we split up or would it be better to pick a way and stick together," she asks, not sure which would be the wiser option. While she isn't afraid to go alone, she'd rather have some company with a ghost about.


Stryn and Georgi:

As Stryn heads back to the Circle Market, he finds Georgi, reluctantly moving himself in that direction a few steps at a time, then pausing for a moment, then walking another few steps, then pausing...

Henric:

Worry and compassion cross Audrahni's face as she kneels down beside you and says, "I know you're afraid, but we need to find out more about what happened. I'm sure Captain Freson and the town guard will want to ask you about what happened, too. Let's go back to the Circle Market and see what we can find out. Come on, now."

Audrahni helps you up and starts walking back towards the Market with you.

Renae:

Getting your bearings, you start heading back to the Market. As you go, you notice people peeking out of curtained windows, their fear subsiding, but still scared of the apparition that appeared on what should have been a normal summer's day.

Renae and Henric, if you'd like, you could encounter each other on your way back to the Circle Market.


Male Human Occultist 2 | HP 19/19| AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st - 3/3; Mental Focus (5/5) - Evoc: 2/3; Abj.: 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, Henric nods at Audrahni, "You're right. Whatever happened seems to have rattled me more than I'd like to admit." He takes her hand and gets back up to his feet. "Thank you, my friend. Let's go figure out what caused this spirit to appear before it really hurts someone."

As they start walking back towards the Circle Market, Henric adds, "It's a good thing that we're going back to the market. It seems in all the confusion, I dropped my favorite staff."

1 to 50 of 930 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Phntm888's Return of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.