[Outpost II] PFS #10-03 Death on the Ice - Author Run (Inactive)

Game Master Scott Young

Tactical map - the excavation site

Travel map 1 - Lands of the Linnorm Kings

Travel map 2 - Crown of the World


101 to 150 of 458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells left: 1st 7/8, 2nd 8/8, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 4/4; Fire Ray 9/9; Efreeti Form 1/1; Mnemonic Vestment 1/1; Pyrotechnics 1/1; Dancing Lights 3/3
HP 52/52, AC 20/T 14/F 18, Init +2, Perc +1/darkvision, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11, CMB +5/19
Active:
Haste

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Totally distracted by the conversation and the owl.

I thought our briefing was something about dog sledding from here to some place a bit farther, several days away.

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Phalanx Soldier 6 / Tortured Crusader 3| AC32 T16 F30 | HP 82/109 | CMD:26 | F:+15 R:+8 W:+9 | Init:+1 | Perception: +5 | Lay on Hands 0/2, Smite Evil: 1/1, Ready Pike: 1/1 | Active Effects: haste, Power Attack ,endure elements

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

As the paddles create eddies in the water, Mason breaks the silence with a blunt question. "Why are you pathfinding Bertha?"

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9

Perception
Lilybeth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Inkwell: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Sovereign Court

NG Dwarf Barbarian 8 / Fighter 1 (HP 61/75 + 16 temp (DR 4, ResistFire 2) | AC 23, Touch 14, FlatFooted 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +7; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +14 (+16 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 11/20)

Ya, I know sledding is in our future... but wasn't sure it was from here, or if this is just a layover.
If this is it, getting the dogs off the ship in canoes will be fun.

edit: rechecked the info, an this is indeed Aaminiut! (dog unloading issue still stands though =))

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9
Sickly wrote:

Ya, I know sledding is in our future... but wasn't sure it was from here, or if this is just a layover.

If this is it, getting the dogs off the ship in canoes will be fun.

edit: rechecked the info, an this is indeed Aaminiut! (dog unloading issue still stands though =))

I think we need to arrange dogs and sleds here

VC wrote:
“This packet contains copies of Svala’s notes and the original Ulfen translation of the myth. Svala thinks that she may have missed more of the story, or that the rest of the Ulfen translation may also be faulty. I need you to take these notes to Aaminiut, the largest Erutaki village in the Crown of the World. Speak with the elders there and see what their oral histories reveal about the site that the Ulfen translations don’t. Send the information with Kuokei off to Svala at once, and then follow at best speed yourself to offer Svala what help you can before the thaw comes. I’ve got a longship ready to sail with the tide, with enough food and supplies to get you to Aaminiut. Resupply there, meet with the elders, and arrange some local land transportation and supplies to get you to the site. Now, any questions?”

Sovereign Court

NG Dwarf Barbarian 8 / Fighter 1 (HP 61/75 + 16 temp (DR 4, ResistFire 2) | AC 23, Touch 14, FlatFooted 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +7; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +14 (+16 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 11/20)

Hmm.. I just remember some stuff when we were boarding about taking on animals... thought those were the dogs. perhaps not!

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9
Sickly wrote:
Hmm.. I just remember some stuff when we were boarding about taking on animals... thought those were the dogs. perhaps not!

I think snow owl and weasels?

Scarab Sages

[ HP 44/44 | AC 18/12T/17FF | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +11 | Init +1 | Perception +6 | CMD 16 | DR 5/Lethal | Resist 5 Cold/Acid/Elect ] Aasimar Sorc 4 / Bloatmage 4

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Bertha smiles at Mason's attempt to take his mind off the open water. She thinks for a bit before saying.

"That's a long story, but the abridged version is, I needed to get away from my home in Kaer Maga, and I wanted to see the world, I was lonely and, well... I missed my sister, so I wanted to go and find a new family."see says somberly, as she looks down to her hands and then as she looks back up her demeanor changes back to her bubbly self "This one's been pretty great so far though."

"What about you dear?"

Liberty's Edge

Neutral Good Human Barbarian (Unchained) 6/Druid 4 (Sheet) | HP: 100/100 DR3/- Resist 1 cold | AC: 23 (12 T, 19 F) | CMD: 30 | F: 16, R: 10, W: 14 | Init: 4 | Perc: 16 | Speed 50 |
Tracked Resources:
Unchained Rage 13/17 | Growth 3/5 | Pearl of Power I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

Perception (Loxx): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Perception (Fetch): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Sorry for the delays - had to make this map again due to a server failure!

During your discussion, you recall that you are indeed getting the dogs here, once you head to the excavation site. The snowy owl Kuokei flies over and lands on Mason's canoe, to the surprise and delight of the two warriors paddling. The others shout to them in joy, and it seems they take this as a significant omen. You form up and begin paddling from the Rimedrake towards the shore, avoiding the occasional chunk of pack ice that has broken free.

As you head inland, there is a shout from one of the warriors, and you see several sprays of water emerge from the sea to your north. A pod of whales is visible, fairly far off. The warriors don't seem overly concerned, and in fact seem to take this as another good omen.

However, as you continue, two of the whales break off from the pod and head in towards you on an intercept course. Tikasak's face darkens, and she shouts to the other canoes in Erutaki. "The males are coming closer - hopefully to play and not to hunt."

Tactical map is linked at the top of the page, as is the second part of the travel map - there is actually no existing map that shows the full route from the Inner Sea map to the Crown of the World. Please put your icon in a canoe as described. While in a canoe you are squeezed due to the cramped quarters and unstable platform.

You can make Knowledge (nature) and Initiative rolls, please. You can all also take one round's worth of actions in the pre-initiative phase, after it becomes obvious the whales are heading in your direction.

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Pre-initiative actions depends a bit on the knowlegde gained

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9

I'll roll which crew is on which boat. 2nd boat is already taken by Livelover, Inkwell and Tikasak. Counting free boats from the top.

Lilybeth and Sickly: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Counting free boats from the top. 1st and 2nd are taken

Mason and Bertha: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Leaves the last boat for Loxx

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells left: 1st 7/8, 2nd 8/8, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 4/4; Fire Ray 9/9; Efreeti Form 1/1; Mnemonic Vestment 1/1; Pyrotechnics 1/1; Dancing Lights 3/3
HP 52/52, AC 20/T 14/F 18, Init +2, Perc +1/darkvision, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11, CMB +5/19
Active:
Haste

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Those things look big like they could tip over these little boats."
Addressing the boat crews. "I'm sure you all are experts are dealing with these kind of natural threats but I'm not a big fan of swimming. If you don't mind, I think I'll just fly to shore."

I'll cast fly on myself and move up into the air 50 feet above the boat I was in.

Now is when I would wonder if I was actually wearing anything under my silks, IF I had any modesty.

Liberty's Edge

Neutral Good Human Barbarian (Unchained) 6/Druid 4 (Sheet) | HP: 100/100 DR3/- Resist 1 cold | AC: 23 (12 T, 19 F) | CMD: 30 | F: 16, R: 10, W: 14 | Init: 4 | Perc: 16 | Speed 50 |
Tracked Resources:
Unchained Rage 13/17 | Growth 3/5 | Pearl of Power I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

Note at the end of the boat journey I will be switching one of my level endure elements spell slots for Deadeye's Lore. So every day 2 additional castings will be needed. I have a wand if there are no others.

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Loxx decides additional might could be needed to row, stabilize the boats or to discourage the whales if they get too close. So he will cast bull's strength on himself.

Do you want separate rolls for Fetch?

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Phalanx Soldier 6 / Tortured Crusader 3| AC32 T16 F30 | HP 82/109 | CMD:26 | F:+15 R:+8 W:+9 | Init:+1 | Perception: +5 | Lay on Hands 0/2, Smite Evil: 1/1, Ready Pike: 1/1 | Active Effects: haste, Power Attack ,endure elements

"Your sister, I'm sorry for your loss. Did she leave is she Gone?" Mason speaks that 'gone, with a finality. For a second he thinks about Bertha's question; and then opens up; She just seems so accepting.

"I was in the army but got tired of seeing friends die... Thought if I came here," gesturing to the wayfinder, "then they wouldn't be friends. New team every week and such..."

Mason jumps at the shouts; "Hunt? What do these whales hunt?"

* * *

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Mason pulls two potions from his bandoleer and offers one to Bertha then either drinks it if she refuses or drinks the second one. The first potion is touch of the sea, the second is monkeyfish.

Sovereign Court

NG Dwarf Barbarian 8 / Fighter 1 (HP 61/75 + 16 temp (DR 4, ResistFire 2) | AC 23, Touch 14, FlatFooted 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +7; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +14 (+16 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 11/20)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Sickly eyes the incoming whales nervously, realizing that their canoe would be the first to make contact.

He has never had the opportunity to find out if he's allergic to whales...

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9

Looking at the tokens on the map I'm assuming orcas

Lilybeth calls out at Inkwell

"Can you keep these busy for a while. Maybe scare them away, but don't hurt them if you don't need to!"

Casting Summon Monster IV as a standard action (Acadamae Graduate) for an Augmented Fiendish Orca

Fortitude DC20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Failure, so fatigued

Inkwell is using his Summoned Shell ability to inhabit the body of the killer whale and charges the closest one and tries and scare it away.

Nonlethal
Bite: 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 2 - 4 = 20 for Non lethal: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 3) + 14 = 21

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
[ HP 44/44 | AC 18/12T/17FF | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +11 | Init +1 | Perception +6 | CMD 16 | DR 5/Lethal | Resist 5 Cold/Acid/Elect ] Aasimar Sorc 4 / Bloatmage 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Bertha looks excited to see the whales and see seems more excited once they start to come closer. She looks perplexed by the reactions of the party and how defensive they seem to be getting.

When Mason offers her a potion she seems confused, but as she realises what they are a huge smile appears on her face.

"Are we going swimming with them?! oh wow this is going to be great!!"

She takes a potion at random Potion: 1d2 ⇒ 1 and drinks it.
1= touch of the sea, 2= Monkeyfish

She starts to giggle as the potion takes effect and her feet become fins "Look Mason, I'm a mermaid!"

@lilybeth Also I know it's probably just a typo but Orca is on the summon monster v list

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9
Bertha Wotither wrote:
@lilybeth Also I know it's probably just a typo but Orca is on the summon monster v list

Indeed, I don't even do SM IV anymore ;-)


Round 0

1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 5

Initiative Order:
———————
Loxx
Orca (orange border)
Lilybeth
Orca (red border)
Sickly
LifeLover
Bertha

Loxx spots the whales approaching and identifies them as orcas, marine predators known to occasionally add humanoids to their normal diet of seal and fish. He alsocasts bull’s strength on himself, preparing for what is to come.

Lilybeth identifies the creatures as orcas, often known as “killer whales” even though they are more closely related to dolphins and porpoises. Intelligent marine mammals and hunters, orcas in the far north are known for their ability to capsize boats like larger whales (gain the Capsize ability). They are known to play with their food, but also to be very curious creatures Erutaki legend even says that orcas have saved hunters whose canoes were swamped, pushing them to shore. These particular orcas seem particularly large examples of the species (advanced template). She also casts her summon[\i] spell, and a fiendish version of the orcas appears in the water as Inkwell vanishes from his place in Tikasak’s canoe.

Inkwell the fiendish orca rockets under the water towards the orcas, charging the nearest one. It rises to the implied challenge, moving forward to engage. bite (nonlethal: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 12 = 15

Mason pulls out a pair of potions, offering one to Bertha and drinking the other after she’s made her selection. (potion of touch of the sea)

Sickly observes the whales with dread. He knows that they are orcas and are larger than normal, and thinks interest unlikely he’d be allergic to them unless he ate them. He does think he would be allergic to being in the orac’s mouth, though.

LifeLover casts fly and ascends above the scene, to the wonder of her canoe’s occupants. A collective gasp rises from those watching on shore, and several of them begin calling out in Erutaki, drawing more spectators down to the beach.

Bertha drinks the potion proffered by Mason and undergoes her transformation into a mermaid potion of monkeyfish.

[ooc]Round 1 declarations please! Still remote but should be able to get several posts in today

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9

Lilybeth will ready to dimension door all the people in her canoe to shore if it looks like one of the orcas is going to capsize it.

I think she might even be able to take the canoe itself along "You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load) or its equivalent per three caster levels.", but that's GM ruling territory IMHO.

Sovereign Court

NG Dwarf Barbarian 8 / Fighter 1 (HP 61/75 + 16 temp (DR 4, ResistFire 2) | AC 23, Touch 14, FlatFooted 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +7; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +14 (+16 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 11/20)

Sickly would have a white knuckled grip on the sides at the moment... so it might come anyway =)


Inkwell is continuing his challenge

To Hit: 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 2 - 4 = 23 for Subdual: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 6) + 14 = 24

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells left: 1st 7/8, 2nd 8/8, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 4/4; Fire Ray 9/9; Efreeti Form 1/1; Mnemonic Vestment 1/1; Pyrotechnics 1/1; Dancing Lights 3/3
HP 52/52, AC 20/T 14/F 18, Init +2, Perc +1/darkvision, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11, CMB +5/19
Active:
Haste

Since I'm after the two whales in initiative order, I'll condition my response on what they are doing this round.

If the whales disengage and leave, then I fly to the shore and land.

Assuming the whales continue to harass us, I cast Ball Lightning and place one ball on each of their snouts to discourage them from continuing forward. I'm assuming they are still within the range of my spell after they move which is 200 feet.

If SR: vs. Orange SR: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 vs. Red SR: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Orange electricity damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5 DC 22 Reflex to negate
Red electricity damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) = 10 DC 22 Reflex to negate

I fly about 40 feet over above the action (still 50 feet in the air).

Silver Crusade

Dwarf Phalanx Soldier 6 / Tortured Crusader 3| AC32 T16 F30 | HP 82/109 | CMD:26 | F:+15 R:+8 W:+9 | Init:+1 | Perception: +5 | Lay on Hands 0/2, Smite Evil: 1/1, Ready Pike: 1/1 | Active Effects: haste, Power Attack ,endure elements

Mason drinks his potion then draws his glaive. He used two actions to draw the Potions last round.

Liberty's Edge

Neutral Good Human Barbarian (Unchained) 6/Druid 4 (Sheet) | HP: 100/100 DR3/- Resist 1 cold | AC: 23 (12 T, 19 F) | CMD: 30 | F: 16, R: 10, W: 14 | Init: 4 | Perc: 16 | Speed 50 |
Tracked Resources:
Unchained Rage 13/17 | Growth 3/5 | Pearl of Power I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

Any sort of rolls required to row or steer the canoes? How fast can we move them?


@Loxx: you don’t have another paddle, but the warriors are paddling bad fast as they can given the canoe’s load (30 ft).

@Mason: you are squeezed and unstable, resulting in a -4 to hit and half damage (as if you were underwater). Glaive might not be the best choice in the canoe...

Liberty's Edge

Neutral Good Human Barbarian (Unchained) 6/Druid 4 (Sheet) | HP: 100/100 DR3/- Resist 1 cold | AC: 23 (12 T, 19 F) | CMD: 30 | F: 16, R: 10, W: 14 | Init: 4 | Perc: 16 | Speed 50 |
Tracked Resources:
Unchained Rage 13/17 | Growth 3/5 | Pearl of Power I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

I didn't realize we were not the ones paddling the canoes. As represented on the map they don't seem big enough to hold anyone else.

If I have no way of steering the canoe towards the orcas, then my casting bull's strength last round was completely pointless. I have no use for extra strength at this range. At the very least had I known I was not going to be able to move the canoe into melee range I would have used my move action last round.


@Loxx, there are two warriors in each canoe paddling. They’ve been mentioned a few times, and you can see them on the map in each canoe. There’s no other way they could have come from shore to ship otherwise. If you want to help in paddling, we’ll retcon an extra paddle in your canoe.


Round 1
———-
Loxx grabs an extra paddle and begins pulling his canoe forward with sheer strength. (Speed now 35’)

The red orca continues to fight the fiendish trespasser, recognizing the challenge to its territory. bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33damage (lethal): 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 12 = 15 Blood spills into the frigid water, barely visible amongst the thrashing of two giants in combat just beneath the surface.

@Lilybeth: you can’t reach the warrior paddling in the stern to dimension door them all to safety. Will you proceed with those you can reach, or do something else?

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9
GM Lamplighter wrote:
@Lilybeth: you can’t reach the warrior paddling in the stern to dimension door them all to safety. Will you proceed with those you can reach, or do something else?

My intention was to convince him to move towards me so I could include him as well. If this isn't possible, I'll just take the people I can reach (If I can't include everyone, I won't take the canoe ;-) )


Round 1 (continued)
—————————-
Lilybeth reaches out to touch Sickly and the front canoe paddler, and suddenly all three disappear and reappear on the beach.

The orange orca moves in to attack the fiendish orca. bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 6) + 12 = 24

Mason drinks his potion and draws his glaive.

Sickly suddenly appears on the beach, surprised at his suddenly change of location.

LifeLover realizes both of her targets are beneath the water, so she doesn’t have line of effect. She delays to see what happens.

LifeLover and Bertha are up. Also, I can’t move tokens on my phone, so both orcas have moved in a straight line to engage the fiendish orca (with their 10’ reach)

Liberty's Edge

Neutral Good Human Barbarian (Unchained) 6/Druid 4 (Sheet) | HP: 100/100 DR3/- Resist 1 cold | AC: 23 (12 T, 19 F) | CMD: 30 | F: 16, R: 10, W: 14 | Init: 4 | Perc: 16 | Speed 50 |
Tracked Resources:
Unchained Rage 13/17 | Growth 3/5 | Pearl of Power I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

Hold on. I don't want to start paddling. I never declared that was my action. I was looking for clarification as to what was going on. I must have misread or misunderstood what I read before. I thought the warriors were paddling other canoes that were accompanying us, not paddling the ones we were riding in. I couldn't see them on the map as their coloration is similar to the canoe and I had not previously had a reason to zoom in. Is it possible to tell the warriors in my canoe to paddle towards the orcas?

Regarding Lifelover's actions, the surface of the water blocks line of effect for fire spells, ball lightning should be OK.

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9

I was readying to dimdoor IF they were attacking our canoe. If they aren't I won't, unless taking away Lilybeth and Sickly will greatly increase the speed of the canoe. (I won't take the crewman if this will cripple the canoe.)

"My summoned orca will probably last 3 or 4 more bites, so get those canoes to the shore before the orcas decide to capsize them."

"Tikasak, do you want us to hurt or kill these creatures, or just scare them away?"

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9
GM Lamplighter wrote:
LifeLover and Bertha are up. Also, I can’t move tokens on my phone, so both orcas have moved in a straight line to engage the fiendish orca (with their 10’ reach)

I have moved the orca. At which initiative should the canoes be moved?


@Lilybeth: oops, my bad - yep, you remain in the canoe with a readied action.

@Loxx: I don’t understand what you want to do. You were asking to be able to paddle the canoe, referncing last round’s spell being a waste if you couldn’t, so I changed things to allow that to happen. Now you don’t want to paddle? Unless you speak Erutaki, there’s no way you could even ask the warriors to paddle towards the orcas, and they may or may not listen to you anyway. What do this wish to do during round 1?

@LifeLover: Loxx is correct, your spell is not affected and so is cast as you directed. I will update the post when I have Bertha’s action as well.

The canoes will move at initiative 0, after Bertha.


”We have not performed the proper rituals to take an oolongaktuk,” Tikasak replies to Lilybeth. ”To harm one without first giving thanks for its death is taboo.”

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9
GM Lamplighter wrote:
@LifeLover: Loxx is correct, your spel is not affected and so is cast as you directed. I will update the post when I have Bertha’s action as well.

Technically LifeLover said "Assuming the whales continue to harass us" and currently not harassing us, but only the fiendish interloper. ;-)

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells left: 1st 7/8, 2nd 8/8, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 4/4; Fire Ray 9/9; Efreeti Form 1/1; Mnemonic Vestment 1/1; Pyrotechnics 1/1; Dancing Lights 3/3
HP 52/52, AC 20/T 14/F 18, Init +2, Perc +1/darkvision, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11, CMB +5/19
Active:
Haste

I'm fine with waiting until they actually do something hostile to us. I wasn't sure if they were actually going to come get us or as you indicated, they sometimes like to be curious. I wasn't expecting my little damage to really hurt them, more just trying to discourage them. Like using a squirt bottle on the cat. A little electric shock to the nose should be similar.

If I want to be mean to them I can turn into and Efreeti then enlarge myself to be their size and steam broil them in the salt water. Then we probably just need some butter and we can have a nice feast afterwards. Apparently that is taboo though.

Scarab Sages

[ HP 44/44 | AC 18/12T/17FF | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +11 | Init +1 | Perception +6 | CMD 16 | DR 5/Lethal | Resist 5 Cold/Acid/Elect ] Aasimar Sorc 4 / Bloatmage 4

Bertha dives in water dashing ahead of the canoes jumping in and out of the water like a dolphin, laughing with childish glee each time she breaches the surface of the water.

She seems too enamoured by her new form for the moment and seems to have forgotten about the Orcas.

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9

I have moved the canoes 30/35 feet as I suspect that's the full round movement

Liberty's Edge

Neutral Good Human Barbarian (Unchained) 6/Druid 4 (Sheet) | HP: 100/100 DR3/- Resist 1 cold | AC: 23 (12 T, 19 F) | CMD: 30 | F: 16, R: 10, W: 14 | Init: 4 | Perc: 16 | Speed 50 |
Tracked Resources:
Unchained Rage 13/17 | Growth 3/5 | Pearl of Power I 2/2 | Reroll 0/1

Since it appears we are waiting, Loxx will also simply wait.


Round 1 (continued)
-------------------

LifeLover delays briefly.

Bertha dives into the water to try out her new fins. The cold hits her like a giant's club in the chest, nearly taking her breath away.

I'd like to request a bit more detail in everyone's conditional orders, since we seem to be re-interpreting them every post. I would have thought that the whales attacking your side with lethal damage counts as "still harassing you", so that's what I went with. If you write vague orders, I will interpret them as necessary in order to keep the game moving.

LifeLover, do you cast your spell as you declared, or not? You are still in initiative order due to lethal combat occurring.

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Spells left: 1st 7/8, 2nd 8/8, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 4/4; Fire Ray 9/9; Efreeti Form 1/1; Mnemonic Vestment 1/1; Pyrotechnics 1/1; Dancing Lights 3/3
HP 52/52, AC 20/T 14/F 18, Init +2, Perc +1/darkvision, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +11, CMB +5/19
Active:
Haste
GM Lamplighter wrote:
LifeLover, do you cast your spell as you declared, or not? You are still in initiative order due to lethal combat occurring.

Please feel free to interpret my actions in any way to keep the game moving along (It wont hurt my feelings either way). I'll just assume some oversized dolphin is trying to get at us and go from there. As you said it appears lethal (not that I would have a clue what that looks like with whales [they could be mating for all I know, well I might actually know that they aren't mating given my profession]), so lets use lethal force and damn the consequences. Yes I cast the spell, and try to bop their noses with a little jolt of electricity.

As a free action, I'll shout to my former canoe companion, that "Sorry for hurting these ferocious animals without the proper ritual, but they are attacking us so we are acting in self defense." I'm not really sorry and sort of enjoying being up in the air, after so many days on that ship, now with all the eyes of the villagers on the shore watching me fly and cast spells. #sorrynotsorry

Bluff: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9
LifeLover wrote:
GM Lamplighter wrote:
LifeLover, do you cast your spell as you declared, or not? You are still in initiative order due to lethal combat occurring.

Please feel free to interpret my actions in any way to keep the game moving along (It wont hurt my feelings either way). I'll just assume some oversized dolphin is trying to get at us and go from there. As you said it appears lethal (not that I would have a clue what that looks like with whales [they could be mating for all I know, well I might actually know that they aren't mating given my profession]), so lets use lethal force and damn the consequences. Yes I cast the spell, and try to bop their noses with a little jolt of electricity.

As a free action, I'll shout to my former canoe companion, that "Sorry for hurting these ferocious animals without the proper ritual, but they are attacking us so we are acting in self defense." I'm not really sorry and sort of enjoying being up in the air, after so many days on that ship, now with all the eyes of the villagers on the shore watching me fly and cast spells. #sorrynotsorry

[dice=Bluff]1d20 + 21

Campaign Setting: Aquatic Adventures book. wrote:
Electricity Spells: While normal electricity, such as that from a natural thunderstorm, tends to disperse in all directions underwater, magical electricity spells hold their integrity enough to have normal effects underwater, with one exception: visible and audible lightning bolts and sparks are the result of combusted air, and they don’t happen underwater. Because of this, creatures that fail to identify an electricity spell that requires a ranged touch attack are flat-footed against the first such ranged touch attack during a fight, as they don’t realize they need to dodge the invisible projectile (unless they otherwise have reason to expect it, like a spellcaster who can cast such spells). This doesn’t apply to melee touch spells like shocking grasp, since the creature can still see the spellcaster’s hand moving towards it.

So there's actually nothing visibly hurting the orcas

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23

As LifeLover is casting her spell Lilybeth will shout out:

"Don't! If you go against their customs the elders might refuse to help us!"

Dark Archive

Female Human Conjurer 9
Bertha Wotither wrote:

Bertha dives in water dashing ahead of the canoes jumping in and out of the water like a dolphin, laughing with childish glee each time she breaches the surface of the water.

She seems too enamoured by her new form for the moment and seems to have forgotten about the Orcas.

"Bertha! You go girl! Now swim to the shore as fast as you can!"


At the end of Round 1, LifeLover's spell sends two balls of lightning down into the frigid waters. They disappear beneath the churning waters.

Reflex save, red: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) = 16
Reflex save, orange: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 4 = 7damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) = 7

Tikasak stands in awe, watching the thrashing of the waters and the orcas battle their fiendish opponent. The crowd on shore grows as more and more people answer the call to watch the spectacle


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 2
-------
Initiative Order:
———————
Loxx
Orca (orange border)
Lilybeth
Orca (red border)
Sickly
LifeLover
Bertha

Loxx is up!

Sovereign Court

NG Dwarf Barbarian 8 / Fighter 1 (HP 61/75 + 16 temp (DR 4, ResistFire 2) | AC 23, Touch 14, FlatFooted 21 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +7; +5 vs spells and spell-likes; +3 vs poison | Init +2 | Perc +14 (+16 with Stonecunning) | Confidante 2/2, Rage Rounds 11/20)

Sickly merely holds tight, silently willing the rowers to row faster. His right eye seems to have gained an uncontrollable tick, than triggers with every stroke.

GM, Loxx said he's waiting.

101 to 150 of 458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost II] PFS #10-03 Death on the Ice - Author Run All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.