Ripples in the Lake: A Seattle Adventure in the Sixth World

Game Master Evgeni Genadiev

[Cheat Sheet]

[Map of Magic Shop]
[Map of Vashon Island Shop]


651 to 658 of 658 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

[Map of Seattle] [Map of Humanis Hideout]

Team Fashion:

Wraith, based on initiative, the rigger does go first, but you get two rounds worth of actions. I'm basically passing your last action for the round to go first in the next one. You can't go on hold per se, but you can set up an overwatch round to fire at the first thing you see. If you want, you can fire at the drones again, but the rigger's action is at the last combat turn.

As soon as Wraith returns fire to the drones, the machines start scuttling on the ground, but each takes at least one shot to their tiny frame with a satisfying 'pang'. The security guy cries out, lunging to grab another set of boxes through the firefight. As the drones scuttle, the ork leans out from behind a container, aiming his Ares Alpha at the street samurai, and letting out a barrage of blue-trailed bullets.

Team Magic:

Funnily enough, due to how bound spirits work - Glass' banishing is exactly enough to make him NOT want to deal with this drek anymore.
With the salvo from Sunset and Road-Rage, the spirit seems to barely hold together to its materialised form - only for Glass' own magical ability to latch onto its ethereal body. Gasping out loud, the spirit scoffs, looking at the shop. "I've done more than my part, shopkeeper.", he says in a tone of wounded pride, and with a snap of his fingers, disappears in a cloud of brimstone.

As you turn around, you see the mages slamming the door behind them with their haul.
Loot away, my lads and lass! There's stuff in the main shop you identified, or you can try and go to the office/stores where you identified better stuff. The mages basically nicked whatever they saw, low and mid level reagents.

Rolls:

Evasice Maneuvres: 9d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 2, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4) = 27
Soak: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 5, 5, 1, 1, 6) = 27
Dodge, Jumped in: 9d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 3, 2) = 27
Soak: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 6, 6, 5, 1, 1) = 26
Palming: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 5) = 18

Automatics, Smartlink, Full Burst Penalty: 11d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 1, 3, 6, 5, 6, 6, 2, 3) = 43 Hit for 12S(e), AP-5
Wraith Dodge, full: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 2) = 10
Soak, /w Non-Conductivity: 21d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 5, 5, 4, 3, 4, 1, 2, 4, 1, 4, 1, 2, 6, 1, 2, 4) = 57 Ugh. I'd edge re-roll that, if I were you. You used all your luck on the dodge!

Dark Archive

P:0/11 S: 0/10 | P:9 M:3 S:7 O:7 | Perc: 9[+3] | Ini: 3d6+13| Armor: 20 | | Edge: 2/3

#1. Point the first. I'm sorry, I'm really tired right now and I'm just not grasping your point about initiative, but it sounds like I get extra candy next round? Just tell me when I should shoot. =)

#2. Oh my! Good rolling! Okay...I'm a little rusty, but, it seems to me, that, while defending, I can take the Dodge action, decreasing my Init by 5 and add my Gymnastics to my Dodge score. Also, it seems that to roll against a ranged attack is Reaction + intuition. My R+I is 13. Subtract 5 for FB puts us at 8 dice. You rolled 4, so plus my 6 Gymnastics gives me 10 more dice. IMHO. =p

More dice!: 10d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 1, 5, 3, 2, 1, 4, 6) = 32

Okay, that didn't go well, so that is the roll that I'm spending Edge on. Dodge action, Init goes from 8 to 3. R+I - 5 + 6 = 14

Dodge again!: 14d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 2, 6, 5, 4, 2, 3, 6, 2, 1, 6, 6) = 49 = 5 hits, vs 4 hits on the attack, I dodge the attack. ^_^

"Hey! Hey troggy troll! I WAS gonna let ya skate, but you just got an UPGRADE! Ya, you get to make it to da SHOW! That's some nice ammo ya got there.

Now have a look at mine!"

MOAR DAKKA! BF(-2 Defense, APDS = -4 AP) 8P: 16d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 4, 1, 2, 6, 6, 2, 3, 2, 4, 6, 1, 2, 5) = 59 = 6 hits

After firing her burst, Wraith sprints to a nearby wall and just sticks her head and gun out, ready for the next round.

Burst fire action, Take Good Cover action.


Male Elf Physical Damage 0/9. Stun Damage 5/11. Edge 3/4 | Armor 9 | Limits: Physical 3, Mental 4, Social 8, Astral 8 | Initiative 6 + 1d6; Astral Initiative 6 +3d6 | Perception: 6 (Low Light)

Thought I asked this yesterday..
What was the target for the Drain resistance roll? I figure I'm probably due a point or two of stamina damage given how badly I was rolling


[Map of Seattle] [Map of Humanis Hideout]

Spirit Banishing Defense, Wound Penalty: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 1, 3) = 15
That'd be 5 Drain in total. The spirit was already at his last service, and was heavily wounded, and with 4 hits you would've gotten at least one hit, anyway.


Male Hobgoblin [Ork] Combat Rigger | Condition Phy 0/11, Stun 0/10 | Armour 10 [11] | Limits Physical 9 Mental 5 Social 4 Astral 6 | Perception 5 (+1 Audio), (Low Light) |Init 10 (+1d6) Cold-Sim Init 7 (+2d6) Hot-Sim Init 7 (+3d6) | Edge 1/1

Keeping his AK shouldered and ready should any foolhardy patrons decide to go vigilante, Road-Rage moves to where he can cover the shoppe and office.

He bellows to his companions;

"You two grab the good stuff. I'll cover the shop... HEADS DOWN OMAES... WATCH THE FLOOR AND STAY ALIVE!"

Intimidate: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 4, 6, 5, 6) = 30 4 hits

Dark Archive

P:0/11 S: 0/10 | P:9 M:3 S:7 O:7 | Perc: 9[+3] | Ini: 3d6+13| Armor: 20 | | Edge: 2/3

Wraith sees the electrified shells in slow-motion as her attempt to move out of the way fails and they SLAM into her fashionably trendy-yet-functional ballistic armor.

Edge'd Soak! vs 12P: 21d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 2, 6, 5, 6, 6, 2, 5, 3, 6, 4, 2, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5, 6, 2) = 85 = 11 hits

The nuyen paid for the armor works double time, absorbing most of the blow. But not all of it, and she starts bleeding from the hip.

"It's on now, chummer," she grunts through gritted teeth.


Male Elf Physical Damage 0/9. Stun Damage 5/11. Edge 3/4 | Armor 9 | Limits: Physical 3, Mental 4, Social 8, Astral 8 | Initiative 6 + 1d6; Astral Initiative 6 +3d6 | Perception: 6 (Low Light)

Glass shakes his head to try to clear it a bit after the feedback from the spirit.
"On it, Ace" He starts collecting the more valuable bits from around the sales desk, then looks over at Sun.
"Wanna check the storeroom? See where the clerk went?"


Wraith | P:10/10 S: 10/10 | P:7 M:5 S:5 | Perc: 4[+4] | Ini: 3d6+10| Armor: 12 | | Edge: 1/1

"Will do!"

Sun moves towards the back of the building into the storeroom, her pistols leading the way.

651 to 658 of 658 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ripples in the Lake: Act 1 - Seattle Stirs All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.