Apollonia (Serpent's Skull Remix)

Game Master Brian Minhinnick

Roll20 Campaign
Loot tracker


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,493 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Athyra cocks her head. "Gini bu ‘aka’?" she asks Ilistra.

Polygot:
"What is 'own'?"

Turning to Cica she shrugs. "I never want kill red-clothes. Only protect Jaji from dino hunters. Now you give me back Papa and Mama's face."

"I owe you big debt." She motions to herself and the dinosaur. "We come with you now? We can help slow foot red-clothes find the way. Which where you going anyway?"


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

"'Nke nwere' ị nwere ike ịsị onye ga-abanye na ọ nwere ike ọgaghị," Ilistra explains as best she can.

"We go to Saventh-Yhi. Lost city of snakes."

Polyglot:

"'Own' means you can say who goes in and who may not."


"Okay. I don't want 'own' mine. You can own if you want. You learn me Red-clothes words, we go this snake city?"


HP 58, AC 16 (T 12, F 15) CMD 19 | F+8 R+7 W+4 | resist acid 5 | favored terrain (jungle) | Per+9 (+2 in jungle; darkvision | Init+2 (+2 in jungle)

Cica gives Athyra a thumbs up. "While I know the jungles of Terra a bit, you know these here far better than any of us. If you want to join us, we'd be very grateful.

"Do you know anything about Saventh-Yhi?"


She shakes her head. "I never heard before. You know the way?"


HP 58, AC 16 (T 12, F 15) CMD 19 | F+8 R+7 W+4 | resist acid 5 | favored terrain (jungle) | Per+9 (+2 in jungle; darkvision | Init+2 (+2 in jungle)

Cica says, "Somewhat," and tells her what they know so far.


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

Ilistra finds herself glad that Athyra is coming along.

"Do you have home? Place where you sleep, stay safe when bad rains come?" she asks her.


"No. We follow prey. Make nests. Like apes do. Have home is weak." Athyra laughs, flexing her prodigious muscles. She then playfully poke's Ilistra's meager bicep. "Like Red-clothes. Hahahaha."


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

Ilistra smiles bemusedly when Athyra pokes her thin bicep. She meets her eyes evenly, showing she's not cowed.

"I not Red-clothes." Yet. She stoops down to pick up a rock, which she holds out. It bursts into flames in her hand, sending out the same heat as a torch, but not burning her flesh. "And I not weak."


Athyra just keeps giggling. "You have..grit, yes. Muscles like baby bird though."


The conversation continues as Placidus and Darius go to fetch the others. Half an hour later, the whole group is through the mine and introductions are made.

The expedition emerged from the salt mine at the edge of the M’neri Plains, a broad swath of savanna that stretches to the horizon. According to Jask and their maps, the plain extends for almost 200 miles to the River of Lost Tears. There is enough daylight to continue on for some time, so after a brief respite they keep going. Athyra and Placidus (mounted on his vulture) provide recon for the group, while the other legionnaires escort the camp followers and animals. Due to the scouting, the group is able to avoid any dangerous encounters with ease.

The next day passes similarly, with endless grass stretching to all horizons like a sea, dotted only with small islands of gnarled trees here and there. There is wildlife in abundance, but A&P Scouting Company spot any dangerous predators well in advance and guide the group around them. Near evening Placidus returns to the group, reporting a camp up ahead. Athyra goes ahead to check it out.

The rest of the group catch up with her quickly to see that a number of traveling merchants have made camp next to the road. It seems they have set up an impromptu arena for cockfighting - a popular pastime among both merchants and their guards and porters. On a good night, bets can climb above a thousand gold pieces, though goods and other valuables are often accepted as payment.

There is a decrepit looking native man who seems to be running the fights. He has a number of coops within a beaten up wagon drawn by two nags. Nearby, a ring has been cleared and caged off to serve as the cockpit. The merchants look up as the legionnaires approach, waving and smiling. There are over a dozen people already watching and betting on the fights, cheering raucously.

Athyra watches from off to the side. Jaji is apparently hiding somewhere nearby, as he isn't anywhere to be seen. As her newfound companions approach she says, "They say we can stay here, we want. Every hoof-foot know there is strength in herd. I say we stay."

Alexandra nods emphatically. "I could use with some faces to look at other than you lot. I bet they have plenty to drink around here too!"

Placidus shrugs. "Might as well. They seem to be harmless enough."

I updated the Roll20 to show a world map, with our progress so far. I can't really reveal the whole thing because all the encounters/events are marked, but I will reveal as we go.


HP 58, AC 16 (T 12, F 15) CMD 19 | F+8 R+7 W+4 | resist acid 5 | favored terrain (jungle) | Per+9 (+2 in jungle; darkvision | Init+2 (+2 in jungle)

Cica gives Alexandra a thumbs up. "And we've got a little bit of gold to spend!"


After Darius and Cica's followers set up the camp the fight-runner, a man named Rickets, sends his bookies to invite the 13th to attend the cockfight. Over a dozen other people are already watching and betting on the fight. Anyone who doesn't want to go is mocked viciously, called a milksop scared of blood and worse.

Placidus goes with Alexandra to watch the cock fights. He doesn't bet, but she does. Athyra watches for a moment, but quickly loses interest. She goes to sit with Nkechi, who has been instructing her in the common tongue. Jask retires to his tent to continue studying and translating Yarzoth's notes. Alexandra happens to win, which causes Rickets to accuse her of cheating. One of his thugs tries to attack her, but Placidus subdues him quickly. Alexandra's magical dagger at Ricket's throat is enough to convince him she won fair and square (which she did).

After the fight, the rest of the people in camp give the 13th a wide berth, seemingly intimidated after the display of violence. The remainder of the night passes without incident.

The next day the group continues on the trail to Kalabuto. The trail skirts the northern border of the Laughing Jungle. In the afternoon of the second day underway, 13th spot a wisp of smoke on the horizon, coming from a small village huddling under the jungle’s eaves. Nkechi and Athyra agree that this should be Zenj tribal land.

When the village's inhabitants spot the soldiers coming, they quickly attempt to make contact with them, seeming quite eager to trade goods as well as a share their hospitality. A handful of women and children run to the road, waving. With cheerful greetings in Polyglot and broken Common, the villagers invite the legionnaires to join them for supper.

A DC 20 Sense Motive check:
Something is amiss, as if the villagers’ cheerfulness is just a facade.

Roll20 map is updated.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 58, AC 16 (T 12, F 15) CMD 19 | F+8 R+7 W+4 | resist acid 5 | favored terrain (jungle) | Per+9 (+2 in jungle; darkvision | Init+2 (+2 in jungle)

At the cockfights, Cica has only passing interest in the betting...but is happy to buy some of their liquor, and drinks rather too much that night.

The next morning she is quiet and grumpy, nursing her hangover.

When they find the villagers and hears that they're eager to trade, Cica turns to Maidi with excitement. Handing her a small purse, she says, "I'd love some of your blackened guinea hen. Get whatever ingredients you need for that...and for that matter, whatever you think'll spice up our options on the road."

Listening to the villagers' pidgin Common, Cica nods, "An invitation to dinner? I don't see why not! Thank you. The blackened guinea hen can be for tomorrow."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


HP: 46/53; AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 19; Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8 Elemental Assault 4/6; Blessings 4/4; Fervor 4/5;

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Yes, a home cooked meal would be nice after so much time on the road." Placidus looks to Garland, Darius and Ilistra to see if they agree.


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

Ilistra shrugs. "Why is this 'home cooked'? This not your home."

Lore (native tribes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Do I know anything about this village?


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Darius seems openly pleasant with the villagers. He even smiles. He mingled among them as they approach, his attendant keeping his coin and personal effects safely stored away in the wagon they are driving.

”Saving rations would be wise,” is Darius’ way of affirming his agreement with the others.


Male Narinar Aristocrat 1/Nature Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 21, Touch: 14, FF: 18 | CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Buffs: Oath of Anonymity

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Something is not right here... Garland realized. Perhaps he was just being overly cautious, but the masked legionnaire could not help but think he was sensing a ruse of some sort. While Garland followed his companions, it was largely to ensure their safety.


Ilistra Ignatius wrote:

[Dice=Lore (native tribes)]1d20+4

Do I know anything about this village?

Not in particular. There are many small villages like this spread around. The people mostly subsist on small farms, supplementing their produce with hunting and hand made goods. They do some limited trade with passing merchants. Overall the Zenj are still a relatively 'wild' tribe, there isn't much imperial influence this far from Apollonia other than occasional patrols.


Ilistra Ignatius wrote:
Ilistra shrugs. "Why is this 'home cooked'? This not your home."

"It means a meal prepared a full kitchen, rather than one cobbled together from limited ingredients on the road."


Once the group accepts the invitation, they are greeted by everyone inside. The village is a small affair of several thatched huts, surrounded by a 'wall' of thorny brush. Villagers smile, toting baskets of fruit, meat, and laundry. Others sit in the shade weaving leaves and vines. Barefoot children dart about chasing each other around the small huts. The only person who seems uninterested in the visitors is an older woman with a painted face who, upon their arrival, ducks into her hut and pulls a cloth across the doorway.

Supper consists of flatbread, fresh fruit, and a tasty porridge seasoned with sweet tubers. After the meal the legionnaires are offered a heady wine and treated to an impressive performance of acrobatics, dancing, and fire-eating as night falls. At the end of the festivities, the villagers offer the soldiers a hut to sleep in, then retire to their own huts.

As the expedition prepares for bed, they receive a visitor — the old woman with her face painted, apparently the village shaman. She waits to be invited in, then sits down next to the small fire with a heavy sigh. After a few moments of silence, she speaks in thickly accented Common. "I am an old woman, and set in my ways. My master taught me long ago that foreigners like yourselves carry curses. But this village suffers under a curse already, and all my magic has so far failed to lift it. The spirits do not help me and I have nowhere else to turn. Perhaps I have been wrong all these years, and perhaps you are the ones who can help free us from the curse.”


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)
DM Jelani wrote:
Ilistra Ignatius wrote:
Ilistra shrugs. "Why is this 'home cooked'? This not your home."
"It means a meal prepared a full kitchen, rather than one cobbled together from limited ingredients on the road."

Ilistra spits on the ground. "I have had enough of kitchens."


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

With a guarded expression, Ilistra looks at the others to see how they react. It seemed very odd to her that this shaman would ask them for help.

But if there was a curse, that meant there might be danger if they stayed there or left it at their backs. She wondered how Athyra was doing (assuming she's not sleeping in the hut?) and if she needed to go get her.


HP: 46/53; AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 19; Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8 Elemental Assault 4/6; Blessings 4/4; Fervor 4/5;
Ilistra Ignatius wrote:
DM Jelani wrote:
Ilistra Ignatius wrote:
Ilistra shrugs. "Why is this 'home cooked'? This not your home."
"It means a meal prepared a full kitchen, rather than one cobbled together from limited ingredients on the road."
Ilistra spits on the ground. "I have had enough of kitchens."

Placidus laughs heartily at fiery former slave. "You are far too deadly to waste in a kitchen anyway," he agrees.


Ilistra Ignatius wrote:

With a guarded expression, Ilistra looks at the others to see how they react. It seemed very odd to her that this shaman would ask them for help.

But if there was a curse, that meant there might be danger if they stayed there or left it at their backs. She wondered how Athyra was doing (assuming she's not sleeping in the hut?) and if she needed to go get her.

I'm assuming the followers are in an adjacent hut, and the animals probably hobbled outside between the two. There isn't a single hut big enough for the whole extended group.


HP 58, AC 16 (T 12, F 15) CMD 19 | F+8 R+7 W+4 | resist acid 5 | favored terrain (jungle) | Per+9 (+2 in jungle; darkvision | Init+2 (+2 in jungle)

Cica--her head already thick from feasting and wine--gives the shaman a quizzical look.

"I'm afraid I don't know much about curses, and we wouldn't be able to stay long...but your kin have been kind hosts. Pray, tell us more. Perhaps there's something within our power?"


If the soldiers seem willing to listen, the shaman informs them that the village is plagued by a chemosit, a malevolent and cunning ape-bear that delights in human prey, particularly relishing the taste of human brains. The beast has come out of the jungle every night for 2 weeks, stealing into the village in search of victims.

The witch doctor asks the legionnaires to save her village and her people by killing or driving off the wicked beast. She offers them a grisly charm and an old treasure map as a reward.


Male Narinar Aristocrat 1/Nature Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 21, Touch: 14, FF: 18 | CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Buffs: Oath of Anonymity

Garland listened attentively to what the shaman had to say.

"I think that we should help them," the masked legionnaire said to his comrades. "Not only is it the right thing to do, but there is a strong possibility that this beast might attack us or the rest of our expedition in the near future."


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Ilistra thinks about whether she'd ever heard of such a beast.

She gives Garland a long look. He could be right. The beast might decide to follow their group and attack them as they traveled, though probably it would stick to the hunting grounds it's already found.


HP: 46/53; AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 19; Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8 Elemental Assault 4/6; Blessings 4/4; Fervor 4/5;

"I agree. If we are to be lords in these lands one day, we must accrue honor to hour names. No one will support us if we come simply as conquerors and exploiters. If we are truly noble, the people will come to love us."


Ilistra Ignatius wrote:

[dice=Knowledge (nature)]1d20+9

Ilistra thinks about whether she'd ever heard of such a beast.

It doesn't sound like any natural beast Ilistra has ever heard of (Knowledge Arcana this time).


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

I was hoping it might be a Monstrous Humanoid.

Ilistra looks even more dubious at Placidus' statement, but remains silent.


HP: 46/53; AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 19; Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8 Elemental Assault 4/6; Blessings 4/4; Fervor 4/5;

Placidus shakes his head at Ilistra's look. "Not all noblemen are like those you have known, Ilistra. Some of us still hold the duties of our caste as sacred, and put great store in our honor. If I were ever entrusted with the stewardship of land and its people, I would die before I let harm befall them."


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

Ilistra can't hide her glower. "I don't know nobles. I know soldiers. They take what they want from lower castes and grumble about higher castes taking from them," she mutters under her breath.


HP 58, AC 16 (T 12, F 15) CMD 19 | F+8 R+7 W+4 | resist acid 5 | favored terrain (jungle) | Per+9 (+2 in jungle; darkvision | Init+2 (+2 in jungle)

At the talk of becoming lords, Cica chuckles. "Can't say I've given much thought to what I'd do if I were Lord of anything, except maybe trying one of those feather beds and eating grapes every day.

"But I know these seem like good people...and an offered reward doesn't hurt either, does it?"


HP: 46/53; AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 19; Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8 Elemental Assault 4/6; Blessings 4/4; Fervor 4/5;
Ilistra Ignatius wrote:
Ilistra can't hide her glower. "I don't know nobles. I know soldiers. They take what they want from lower castes and grumble about higher castes taking from them," she mutters under her breath.

Placidus spits in the dirt. "I know that type too. They don't deserve the name..."


HP: 46/53; AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 19; Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8 Elemental Assault 4/6; Blessings 4/4; Fervor 4/5;
Cica Sabuleum wrote:
"But I know these seem like good people...and an offered reward doesn't hurt either, does it?"[/b]

"Indeed, there is no harm in accepting a reward for service."


Once the 13th agree, the shaman paints a strange marking across the threshold of their hut with fresh goat’s blood. "This should draw the beast here." She bids them good luck and returns to her own hut, leaving the legionnaires to make whatever preparations they deem necessary.

I don't think I'm going to use a map for this encounter, since one wasn't provided and I don't feel like making one. It's pretty simple terrain wise, so we'll theater of the mind it.

If you guys want to try to hear it coming, to cast buffs or something, give me perception checks. Otherwise just describe where you are in the hut, on the hut, or outside the hut and what you are doing while you wait for the beast to appear.

We'll say the hut is a 20' radius cylinder with a peaked thatch roof that has a smoke hole in the middle. Wattle and daub walls. There's a single five foot door facing the center of the village. Outside the hut is clear for 30-60 feet in all directions, where there are then more huts.


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

Ilistra doesn't have any preparations to make, but her nervousness over the impending attack has her heating up her skin defensively.

She'll stand where instructed.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius will climb up into the rafters and lay in wait for this thing to arrive.

Take 20 climb for 26
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


HP: 46/53; AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 19; Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +8 Elemental Assault 4/6; Blessings 4/4; Fervor 4/5;

Placidus waits just inside the door of the hut, out of sight, his shield ready. He listens closely, hoping to get a blessing off as the thing approaches.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Narinar Aristocrat 1/Nature Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 21, Touch: 14, FF: 18 | CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Buffs: Oath of Anonymity

Luna Perception Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Garland Perception (Guidance, Aid Another): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 25

Waiting inside the hut with Placidus, Garland and Luna kept their heroic senses peeled for the wicked chemosit!

Garland will cast Shield of Faith on himself if he hears the beast approaching.


2d20 ⇒ (3, 9) = 12

Cica perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Cica is the first to notice something approaching from her perch on the roof. She hears faint shuffling in the darkness and eventually sees two large roughly humanoid shapes flitting from cover to cover at the edges of her darkvision.

Their perception: 2d20 ⇒ (3, 11) = 14

The massive, shaggy beasts use long and muscular forearms to crawl like a gorilla. Despite their ape-like stances, their frames are far heavier and features more primitive. These beasts' powerful muzzles and gnashing canines bespeak terrible, bestial savagery. Neither appears to notice Cica as they creep toward the legionnaire's hut - one toward the door, one towards the back of the hut.

Does Cica want to do anything before they get within 30'?


HP 58, AC 16 (T 12, F 15) CMD 19 | F+8 R+7 W+4 | resist acid 5 | favored terrain (jungle) | Per+9 (+2 in jungle; darkvision | Init+2 (+2 in jungle)

Cica's heart quickens as she spots the massive beasts. Two of them!!

She nocks an arrow and lets it fly at the nearer of the two.

She whispers "Two of them. One from the front, one from the back."

____________

Bow+Tiger: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
Damage+spend martial focus: 1d8 + 5 + 1d10 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (1) = 11

Stealth+jungle-sniping: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 20 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 20 = -6

Stnd Hindering Shot
Your successful deadly shot leaves the weapon or ammunition used for the attack lodged in the wound, making it difficult for the target to move and react. The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls, AC, and CMD; multiple uses of this ability stack, increasing the penalty by an additional -2 per projectile lodged in the target. The target may remove a single projectile as a move action, or may remove multiple as a full-round action.


Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Cica fires an arrow into the beast approaching the back of the hut. It's bestial eyes lock on to her, as it roars angrily.

Everyone give me a DC 15 will save for your first roll. Failure means that the supernaturally terrifying roar makes you shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

DM Tracking:

Back - 11
Front -

Initiative
Cica: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 (+2 in jungle)
Darius: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Garland: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Ilistra: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Placidus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Monsters: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Init:
Critters
Group

Begin Round 1

Cica Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Cica doesn't recognize the creature type.

The hulk who Cica shot rips the arrow from its arm and charges the hut, leaping easily on to the roof. Now that it is near her, Cica can make out that this one is clearly a female.

The other beast hears his mate's roar, and sprints at the front of the hut, smashing into and through the front door and wall as easily as if it were made of cardboard. Chunks of mud plaster and pieces of wood and straw rain down on to Garland and Placidus from their spots just inside the doorway. His beady eyes take them in, and light up with bloodlust as he bares five inch canines, about to attack!

Ilistra has LOS on the male. Darius is above it, but since its a large creature in a small hut, he's basically hanging on to the ceiling a foot or two over its head. Placidus and Garland are flanking its front two squares, with Luna next to one of them? Cica is alone on the roof with the female, but Darius clearly felt it thump on to the thatch above him.

Party is up!


Pyrokineticist (HP 55/55; Nonl: 5, AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 10; CMB +3, CMD 16; F +9, R +8, W +1; Perc: +10; Burn: 1/7)

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Ilistra is clearly unnerved by the unnatural howl. Still, when the beast bursts inside the hut she charges up her flames and sends a blast at it.

Move=gather power. Standard: blast with burning infusion
Ranged touch, shaken, pbs: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 24
Fire: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 + 1 = 11
Reflex DC 15 or catch fire


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Darius hangs tight to the ceiling, and once the thing is beneath him and distracted fighting another, he slashes out with his blade at the back of it’s neck!

Attack, Flank, Elevation: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sneak Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4


HP 58, AC 16 (T 12, F 15) CMD 19 | F+8 R+7 W+4 | resist acid 5 | favored terrain (jungle) | Per+9 (+2 in jungle; darkvision | Init+2 (+2 in jungle)

Note, we've been fighting undead for so long I forgot to add that her arrow also gave the hulk Bleed 1 (ongoing until it's healed, as normal), so it took 1 more damage at the start of its turn this round.

Cica shudders as the massive beast lands beside her.

Failing to control the tremble in her hands, she nonetheless calls on her own reserves of strength as she stows her bow, draws her greatsword, and swings--all in one fluid motion.

Swift: Switch to Bull
Stnd: Greatsword Power Attack vs hulk

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Greatsword+bull-shaken-PA: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 24
Damage+Bull+PA: 2d6 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 15


Male Narinar Aristocrat 1/Nature Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 21, Touch: 14, FF: 18 | CMD 21 | Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Perception: +5 | Buffs: Oath of Anonymity

Garland Will - DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Luna Will - DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Unphased by the monsters' evil roars, Garland and Luna heroically fought the beast before them!

+1 Cold Iron Scythe (PA, Flank): 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 + 2 = 21
Damage (PA): 2d4 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 3 = 15

Luna Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Confirm?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Luna Free Trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,493 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Apollonia Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.