Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Vinsomner

Dare you confront the Abyss?

Kenabres


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,314 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

GM:

Suppose RP wise the majority of the group unaware of Mia's identity, friendly NPCs included, vote for Mia to be safer at the inn. Would Mia need some rolls for a personal side trip to rejoin them? Otherwise, she'll RP after they all gave an opinion to try and persuade them.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

"With all due respect to your tactical knowledge, Mia has proved herself countless times while travelling with us, and there is no guarantee that she'd be safer here. Should the demons learn of this place they may elect to strike in force. If she wishes to stay with us then I say she's responsible enough to make her own decisions on the matter." Laris speaks calmly to Verim and partly to the others.

NB: Laris passed a perception check ages ago, she just doesn't see any reason to expose Mia's deception. People are allowed their secrets.

"As to our plans, I do concur with Verim, strike smaller sites and try to keep them off balance, once our allies arrive we can organise a unified strike against their stronghold. Our group has worked well together so far, as improvised as we are. With a short break to catch our breath i'm sure we can place ourselves at your disposal."


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

@ Laris; Tallina was the one talking about it. Since Mia couldn't confirm her suspicions about Laris' observation, hence. ;)

Hearing 2 positive "votes" of sort, likely counting Tallina's as a third, Mia feels somewhat relieved. She could understand Verim's concern on the matter, but she didn't have the mindset of an actual child and be obedient like that.

Being born like this is sometimes as much of a bother as it can be convenient.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim seems more than relaxed when he listens to Laris. " Tactically she has done what was needed to stay relatively out of danger based on the necessity of the situation. There was no place of relative safety at that time. This is one such place. Are you saying that if you as a parent, had a 12 year old child who just so happen to ping a few scythe-wielding cultists off and jeered them a bit that you would allow them to accompany you on a strike against DEMONS? I admit Mia was no dead weight and her knowledge of school and apothecary work was helpful. However, if Anywhere is safe it would be here. Are you saying this place is less safe than our traveling around? If so Why would we move any of the library persons here.. or the Blind Elf? Why bring Luci's Mum? Tell me what would do better against a strike than a easily defensible building with Crusaders and Paladins, with mongrelmen supporting them? Are you saying our group is somehow safer compared to that? "

Verim seems to grow tired somewhat.


Frowning as Mia insists on going, Irabeth refuses to allow her back into danger. There is no way I can permit a child entry back into a war zone. She will remain safely here under my guard.


Bending over, Anevia whispers into Irabeth's ear


Eyes narrowing as she watches Mia, Irabeth continues on. Though if the young lass has anything to share with us, I may reconsider that position.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim fidgets as Irabeth seems to change from clearly being on his side to considering it.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Hmm, confessing being halfling unchains Maxwell's supressed violence.
Not revealing allows shenanigans on Verim and RP opportunity. I'll roll on it.
1: Confess, 2: half truth, 3: too nervous to properly speak.
1d3 ⇒ 3

The bird has seemingly withdrawn underneath her hair.
"..erm...eheh...i'm older than i look,...and you seem like a nice lady?"


Male Human Warpriest 3

"Regardless of whatever the circumstances of her are, nowhere is safe right now. Least of all a bulwark. Mia's made it a point to offer healing and stay out of the way, and frankly I'd be more concerned with her gone than anything." he explains.

"Right now, bravery isn't restricted to age. I'd be willing to accept the help of anyone who's willing to offer it right now. The demons don't care about how old someone is when they're eviscerated, and if a child wants to fight I won't stop them. Fact of the matter is Mia's made it this far and obviously grown as a result of our encounters and so have I, in my faith. We don't need anymore reason than that if she wants to pursue her time with us." he says as he leans back in his chair and crosses his arms.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Know what's funny here? In human years, i'm already an adult.
..Anyway, Maxwell's being less moody now, it's nice to see him having a normal discussion.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim seemed to get quickly upset, enough that his skin darkens and the well known state of his bloodlust manifesting is apparent. Gone was the relaxed Verim, there was no playfullness here. He slams his fist on the table as he stands up and narrows his eyes at Maxwell; the glow not seeping from them as of yet. " So your reasoning amounts to.. Your enemy not caring and her being of use.. So due to your teachings of..End times.. You in turn DO NOT CARE?! I'm growing.. Tired of this.. We needed to get to a place with more allies. BUT this place is not anymore advantageous than Before? SHE ISNT A LIFE TO THROW AWAY LIKE ME OR YOU MAXWELL! I will not see to it that I have to expose her to more than what was needed or what I will do later. If she is going to go with the group then I wont be here to hear it unanimously come from you all. I'll head out to deal with the Cultists myself before I possibly see my charge harmed in front of my eyes. You all go keep talking.. Im done. "

Verim walks out of the room seething, with enough restraint it seems not to kill whatever is in front of him. His old wounds ached and burned like fire.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

Laris slips out after Verim.
"Verim, wait. I know you are conflicted, but there is more to Mia than she pretends, she has proven time and time again that she can keep out of trouble and her craft has proven invaluable over the last few days. If we fail, the city may fall and nowhere will be safe. Please, she wants to help, should we deny her wishes?"
Laris adopts a pleading tone, seeking to appeal to Verim's friendlier side and not raise him to further anger.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

The usually jolly man turned abruptly as if to swing his arm back but stopped. Verim's eyes graced the entirety of Laris' disarming nature. How she seemed to want to be gentle with his situation. His body still carried the signs of anger; pulsing, teeth gritting. He breathed out, his eyes beginning to glow somewhat and face contorted into a sneer. " Laris.. they need you in there. I advise you go back in. Besides, what happens to Mia... Is not my decision to make regardless it seems... I'm going to ... cool off. Find me.. afterward. " He turns around back to the pleading woman and wals away, still seething but not as harsh.

He heads in the direction of the bar.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia pats and holds her bird.
Imbue to deliver Heal Hex, if allowed.

Casually, the bird flies up, flying around the inn. It lands on Verim's shoulder, singing before taking off back to the table.

Heal: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim looks to the bird his eyes clearly focused on its reactions. He looked tired, drained, frustrated. " Hrmph.. " returning to his position at the bar away from anyone else, sitting towards a different corner than even Wendaug. He brooded even as he felt his wounds heal.. the Old ones did not.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia looks in the direction Verim went, spotting his hair in the distance.

"I was shown to treat physical wounds, but "wounds on the soul" as called, are beyond me."

She then turns back facing the others and Irabeth's questioning look.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

Laris lingers for a moment tempted to follow, but turns back to the meeting with Iribeth.
"Sorry, Verim is sometimes perhaps too protective for his own good."


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"So it seems, whatever happened must have put a large mental burden on him to react this strongly."


Male Human Warpriest 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Vs Mia's disguise

For just a moment, Maxwell looks the woman over and immediately realizes to himself what the subtle confusion is about, but doesn't bother pointing it out to anyone. "So that's it, huh?" he says as his eyes trace the girls face and figure. "Right..."

"Besides the current facade, my opinion isn't changed and I'm not the least bit worried about it... besides." "No worse than what he knows happened to me. Even with that, however, I still won't waver on my judgement." he points out. "I'm not as suicidal as I've lately portrayed, people. If anything, Verim has been more reckless than I have." he says with a slight mumble. Standing up, Maxwell leaves his flail at the table and looks towards the door.

"My faith may be that of the depressed and the faltering, since its' groteus, but it's more from depression than loss." he explains. "My reasoning isn't because the demons don't care. It's because Mia obviously wants to come along, and after everything that's happened she has that right." he explains as he picks up the mace and walks outside.

Stepping out, he looks towards the man as he walks off. "VERIM!"


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Looking around rather sheepishly, with Maxwell and Verim gone it looked like everything was decided.

"Well, it looks like everything's been decided. Mia, looks like we are stuck with you for a bit longer."


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Yes, i like you too.", she says with a smile.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim looks up from his secluded area and his eyes flash with anger for the briefest of seconds as Maxwell addresses him in a load voice. His eyes simply stay fixed in their ferocity but he makes no movement to speak nor move. It will be quite a moment of silence before he spoke again, " Well? What is it? Are you finished? Did you come to tell me that which I already know? "


Waiting an hour for Verim to calm down, Wendaug eventually comes over to join him, an ale in each hand. You can't protect her. The demons intend to kill everyone, and they will succeed eventually. Mia may as well be allowed to go out fighting. She has that right.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Between Maxwell's announcement, laris' plea and Wendaug's sudden gift.. Verim calms down quite a bit more, the sullen expression apparent but less damning. His expression melts somewhat looking to the woman. He scratches his head fiercely as if to rid himself off an itch he cant quite alleviate. " Arrrggghhh I know I can't do it FOREVER! I'm not as idiotic as I seem. It's still frustrating, I made a promise.. I intend to keep it, but I don't want her to experience... certain things. *sigh* I must be foolish if you are saying it is fine. '

He looks at the ale Wendaug has and for a split second couldn't help but imagine a Dwarven Wench outfit on her before shaking his head. This wasn't the time for that. " So... I'll admit, I didnt expect you of all people to come bearing tribute.. Is that Ale for me or were you thinking of taking a double taste test? I might need a drink for the talk with Mia later. And can't.. I don't like that word, I won't let that word stop me from trying. I plan on protecting her just as much as.. You. ", the ferocity was still there, but the direction seemed to change.


Pushing one of the ales towards Verim, Wendaug smiles. You sound like half the crusaders in here, so busy worrying about saving people that you don't want to do what needs to be done. If we are going to take down those outposts, we should do it tonight, before they move. When they realize Hossilla is dead, it won't take them long to start acting on their own.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim raises a brow and takes the ale, downing half of it before slamming it back upon the table giving a satisfied sigh. The cold drink cooling his soul and rage for a moment, giving him time to ponder on it. Was this the same Wendaug? Who would think she would be going out of her way to help him out?

Verim shook his head and patted the area down the right of him and eyed Maxwell with the intention of letting him approach as well. " *sigh* Well, you might as well take a seat if your gunna' stand there and treat this fool to a drink. When it comes down to it I'm defined by the ability to do what needs to be done Mi amor. The question here isnt when it was who would be doing so. I'm surprised you want to continue on with our little group much like I was surprised that Mia wanted to stay. In your case... I mean.. you have no real obligation to do so.. I'm sure Irabeth made a place for you hear now... and.. you already fulfilled your promise to me. Not that I mind your company " Verim seems to tumble over his own words, perhaps he was thing too much.

" Will you really leap against the Abyss with us? If so i think next time I will owe you more than just a dance and drink.. " Verim taking a well placed swig of his ale as he eyed Wendaug for her response. He conversely looked over to Maxwell and sat the drink down once more. " .. Since you spoke up first about letting Mia come.. could you go retrieve the Lass? I have to speak with her and Wendaug. We will need the council room when you are all done. "


Male Human Warpriest 3

Sitting down, Maxwell looks the man rather simply. "If I'm to make a point, Verim, the majority of us are alright with Mia proceeding with us, but I need to make my point more clear." he says as he pushes away the alcohol a bit. "My reasoning wasn't as simple as doing what the demons would do, as that's incredibly foolish." he explains. "No. Mia has been with us since we first collapsed into the crevice. Fact of the matter is she's fought cultists and the like with us until now and has proven she's more than capable of assisting us. If she wishes to continue, I won't stop her, as, like I pointed out, she's likely more safe with us, and frankly I feel safer having her with us. Who do you think healed half your recklessness-induced wounds?" he says.

"The rest of the group already said they've no issue with Mia coming along, and if she knows the risks then there's simply no reason to press the drama. Wendaug is right about time, and we don't have much before they start to relocate." he says as he crosses his arms.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim scratches his head even more " Yeah yeah, I understand. Just because it's happening doesn't mean I have to like it. And just because she's experienced a few battles doesn't make her ready for a skirmish or a War on DEMONS. But I guess I have to accept it, I can't be too demanding though I'm her guardian more or less. I'll just talk it out and get her prepared before the sortie to mix up some Demon Cultists. So she understands fully what... may happen. As to my wounds, someone has to do whats necessary to ensure lives are saved.. Her hugs just made the travel.. less painful.. I would have done so regardless, because I doubt you would have.. and more people would have died. " Verim grabs the drink that was pushed away and downs it fully with a satisfying 'Ahhhh'

" On second thought, I guess I should just do so on my own..though it might scar the girl.. rather than send you to her. A man does what is needed with his own strength if possible. " Verim stands up, nodding to Wendaug and Maxwell... before going to locate the juvenile girl.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia left the company of the other women. "excuse me for a bit."
She took off in the direction Verim and Maxwell went.

catching the phrase wrote:
.....Since you spoke up first about letting Mia come.. could you go retrieve the Lass? I have to speak with her and Wendaug. We will need the council room when you are all done.

Right here big guy, and why do you need an entire council room for a 3 person talk?

She was just waiting, listening to the two big guys' conversation.
"Hi you two, down here."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim almost toppled over and crushed Mia with his weight as the tiny girl appeared out of nowhere.. Or maybe his vision was impaired by the the buzz from the drink. Who knows? Regardless, Verim ungracefully caught himself before ruin happened and gave Mia a determined yet sad grin uncharacteristic of himself.

He places a hand on he shoulder, have for support half of effect and looks closely into her eyes, " There is something we BOTH need to talk about.. and the only place I know that is.. somewhat safe to do so.. is that council room. If Irabeth will allow us to use it. otherwise we will need another area. But I must ask you first Mia.. What do you think.. Of me? "


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

*Smells the alcohol... >.>*

...??

"You? Asking such a deep question when you're 5 feet away from Wendaug and amidst people here, does that sound right?"...*teasing smirk*
"You remind me of a nice uncle i have, in a good way, but you're younger. So that'd be more of a big brother i'd say, in more than one way.", as she makes the gesture on the height difference.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim blinks, before a horrified expression crosse his face at the first implication. " Nno Noo nooo... N-nothing like that, geez give me SOME credit. I'm not some weird pervert! I'm a relatively normal pervert... okay.. I'm not normal but at least that isnt one of my kinks little girl. The joke, however, was entertaining. Besides one pint a drunk Verim does not make. Regardless, I'm glad you think of me that way, I'm starting to think Big Brother might be more appropriate too. From what I see we might be related in a way. But we have things we rather.. not let other people know.. got it? " Verim gave a wide smile.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia can't help but laugh at Verim's first reaction.

Though the latter part is cutting it short....as the felling clearly grips her the the lesser of the 2 secrets is nearing its end.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim notices the sudden change in Mia's rise from laughter to realization and then places a reassuring hand on her head rubbing it into her hair, " Now, you needn't worry, I didn't say I would STOP protecting you.. Did I? I'm more worried.. If you would decide for me not to.. be worthy. Now com'on, we have words to exchange. I hope your ready. "


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Then let's get your other-half-to-be and have the talk you mentioned."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim chuckles at Mia's retort and motions for Wendaug to follow. Right before this, he would rub Mia's skull a little rough " She has a name Y'know, a title like that isnt my choice to begin with, Mia. Don't be rude now. " leading them to the council room seeing that there were still persons inside he looks to Irabeth and acknowledged her first.

" I apologize for my.. actions earlier. My emotions got the best of me. I must ask a favor though, I kinda need to room to vent a little more to Mia and Wendaug; once that is all doe we will be up for some Cultist slayin' I'm sure. Thats not a problem is it? "


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Sitting at the table with Luci and Laris she twiddles her thumbs a bit.

"Soooo... anybody got a deck of cards? I know we have a plan but how do we execute said plan? I mean we don't even know where the cultist bases are in this city. Tobongo can only smash through so many houses."


Male Human Warpriest 3

Standing up and walking towards Tallina, Maxwell shakes his head. Looking at Verim, however, he can't help but ask. "This all seems a bit more dramatic than necessary. I for one don't enjoy private conversation amongst allies, frankly. Makes me nervous and takes up thought space. If you wanna have a conversation with either of them, I'd prefer to have the rest of us present." he points out as he sits with the druid.


After a brief knock at the door, Irabeth hurries in and begins spreading maps on the table in front of the group. These are up-to-date given our current intelligence reports, including yours. According to your documentation, there are cultist outposts here, here, and here.[b] says Irabets, marking each location with an X. [b]I would like to have these three outliers neutralized within 24 hours. If we can drive the bulk of the cultists forces into the Grey Garrison, we'll be able to regain operational control of the city long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

Gesturing back out towards the common area, Irabeth continues. We have one room available, I would suggest you rest and attempt to acquire any arms and armor you may require. While I don't have the authority to requisition goods, several merchants did manage to make their way to the Defender's Hears with at least some of their wares..


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Looking over the maps Tallina points to the closest one.

"We should probably head here first. And thank you for the chance to get some rest."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Well resting gets my Hex charge back for Verim/ Knowing him, he can use it.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim is about to speak to Maxwell, raising his hand and opening his mouth. however when Irabeth sweeps in the room. The information is a nice change but it doesnt divert him too much. Their goal was set and they would have time to rest. this was most advantageous. Once Irabeth had given her debriefing Verim turned back to Maxwell and Tallina. " Well, i guess we have some resting to do. As to your query, I think the best I ca say is.. I don't want to tell you.. or more to the point, it' not really your decision.. as it wasnt mine to restrict Mia.. but I will tell her why and then everything will e fine. So we can separate here, gather our armaments and I'll see you all later.. most likely before we set out. C'mon Mia.." Verim gives almost a mocking bow, and steps to some place private.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia follows "big bro" Verim's gesture.

"Let's have the talk then."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Mia, Nightbringer:
Once they had found a room, Verim honorably allows the two women in opening the door and checking for any stragglers before closing it behind him and locking the door. he moves to an opposite wall from the two folding his arms and looking slightly stern, sighing.

" Well then, now that we have.. Some peace and quiet, first things first. Mia.. you have something to tell me right? Something I think i know of.. Don't worry, I won't make you say everything, you give me a piece and I'll give you one just as big. I want you to know what I know and the same from you.. I'm sure we.. trust each other.. Um.. Wendaug I guess you can ask as well.. Also could you come over here and.. Er.. help me out of this armor? " Verim starts positioning himself for the response.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Err....help you out of your armor? Maybe you want some discretion?"

She notices though Verim's curiosity isn't fading.... <.<'

Verim might notice a hint in her way of speech is less "childish" and more direct.

"I wasn't lying to Irabeth, i look younger than i am and i did in fact come here with my mother. But, aside from reminding me of an uncle i liked, what do you mean by giving something in return? The reason for being passionately protective?"


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Mia, Nightbringer:
Verim chuckles and waves his hand away. " HarHAr! No its not like that Lass, but I guess, like always, I have to take the initiative. Ol' Verim has a keen eye and I've been keeping on you. I know what you are.. or I guess I should so I knew what your were a while ago.. and then I found out a little more! " Verim unbuckles a clasp the Breastplate not exactly the easiest to remove. he keeps speaking the stern look becoming more of smirk.

" Well, your not as old as you look, that's true.. but that's because your not a child.. well.. a human one at least.. " He lets that statement sink in for a moment. " And guessing from how much you knew and the disposition you've shown, the other thing might not be something you want others to know about. I mean, it would be rude to simply rat ya' out when ya' went through all the trouble, Right? I .. well Did you simply want to be safe? Or liked? " Verim smiled but gave a grunt as you see him remove a right cestus, callused ad scarred flesh underneath. Placing a fist under his chin Verim sighed once more, " Tell me Mia... What do you think my parents were? I mean, even you must think I'm beyond odd at times. Don't worry you can talk normally."

Mia might notice Verim still seems.. curious, yet knowing.. and even more so, pretty lax.. well more so than when he was upset. Hadn't lost his edge yet, still inquisitive.


Male Human Warpriest 3

Seeing the 2 walk off, Maxwell scowls as per usual. He sighs, before he looks at Tallina. "What about you? Any soul shattering secrets you want to go off and tell someone in private? Maybe a deformity, maybe your parents got massacred like almost everyone else's? A vegetarian?" he shakes his head. "Not my fault the man's as perceptive as a sack of oranges." he says as he walks about. "The next time he tries this, I'm personally not going to allow it. It's just... unnecessary." he points out as he scratches his head.

"He's literally made half his decisions with his dick alone." he says in a somewhat defeated tone as he sits down in a chair and cradles his eyes in his hands.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Lol at Maxwell. No if he'd try something, Mia would not be so helpless.

>but that's because your not a child.. well.. a human one at least..
"...Accurate, a physical defect. I have survived because of my looks."

> And guessing from how much you knew and the disposition you've shown, the other thing might not be something you want others to know about. I mean, it would be rude to simply rat ya' out when ya' went through all the trouble, Right? I .. well Did you simply want to be safe? Or liked?

Mia's eyes narrow and for the first time she looks rather serious.
"That, if you mean what i think you mean, is something not to be discussed lightly. People like me had been persecuted and killed, "inquisitors & paladins", are words describing the cause and there's alot of the 2nd within the inn. Should there be need for a revelation, perhaps, otherwise i am not going to jeopardize myself. The who i am is less important over what i am."

>Tell me Mia... What do you think my parents were? I mean, even you must think I'm beyond odd at times. Don't worry you can talk normally."
"Maybe one of them was a barbarian, the other an honor guard?
Your father perhaps a ladies man?"

She looks vaguely to the side.
"Anyway with the group, to my impression becoming sort of friends in fate, secluding ourselves probably wasn't the most polite thing. Despite everyone's quirks, i like them.
But that's about me, big bro raging hormones,
the mischievous teasing smile back on her face, so what's your story then?"


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Ahhh such saas from Maxwell. Your jealous

Verim begins to laugh, scratching his left ear it burning somewhat. Someone must have been talking about him. He finished with a smirk and covered his right hand with the left Cestus'd hand. He shakes his head and finally grins.

" Well I guess it's only fair to tell ya' aint it little Mia! My hormones arent as ragin' as ya think! I like Wendaug here for completely different reasons, heck this is often how we recruited in my Dad's work. I'll start by saying this, You couldn't be further off about my parents. If the paladins would do something about you in this inn.. " His face becoming serious too " They'd have to kill me twice over.. as we are.. basically family at this point! My goodness, Dad was right! The world is small. If you've sinned.. I must be an abomination! "

Verim slams his fist into his chest and announces almost proudly, " The reason I found out so easily is.. heck.. I'm Hex-blooded. And you will think this a joke but it's from my Mom. That is to say, she's kinda like you... Except about 3 times as tall, Red haired and with two jutting horns. That's right she's a Tiefling.. and one of the... Daemon type.. I can't remember. " Verim lets that revelation set in as well as the Armor is getting easier to take off, the straps loosed and the plate peeling off, he started work on the leather padding underneath.

" My father, Juha, was quite the opposite of what you think. He was the one who taught me all the kindly ways of speakin' and pleasantries. He was.. My Mom's Bodyguard, ever since she fed him one time when he almost starved. She happened upon him out in the plains after a skirmish, healed his wounds. In return he swore to protect her and he hasnt stopped yet.... I plan on having at LEAST as much dedication as my old man Y'know? tieflings were persecuted where she used to live. Long story short, they got close.. and then I was made.. well.. I'm the oldest I got 3 siblings, Thorn's lucky he didnt come up here. Now here's the kicker, Mom's name is Lucia! Aint the world small? To meat a person who has your parent's name.. well.. almost.. though they dont look anything the same. " Verim chuckles reflecting on it.

" The other part is.. that she specializes in the more curative processes on one side but had a wild side as well. Dad had to stop her from Blowing things up in the Camp from time to time. That's how I was able to tell.. Your hugs were much like her's.. On a smaller scale. So there is no way I could judge you for your heritage, I know not every Hex-user is bad Except Kaylus.. He's a terrible little scamp. *Sigh* but that's not it.... "

Verim seemed like he had more but seemed to struggle with the last piece of his armor. " Your turn... "

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,314 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightbringer's Wrath of the Righteous Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.