Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Vinsomner

Dare you confront the Abyss?

Kenabres


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,314 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft
Verim wrote:
I will help you get them back. I promise.

So...how do you intend to accomplish that? Some deity would need to have owe you a hefty favor to bring back the dead to life. :)


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions
Mia Rumsfield wrote:
Verim wrote:
I will help you get them back. I promise.
So...how do you intend to accomplish that? Some deity would need to have owe you a hefty favor to bring back the dead to life. :)

You mean like.. Resurrection? It cost money.. but thats about it. Weird thing here is simply.. they wouldnt have aged and he.. would most likely be different from what they remember, unless he changes for the better


Talking amiably as they progress through the city, the party quickly finds itself standing outside the Tirabade residence without any further conflict. The streets seem almost quiet this morning, as if holding its breath for some upcoming storm.

The house is a simple, three-room structure that sits on a relatively undamaged stretch of street. Demonic vultures occasionally circle overhead, but none seem inclined to descend upon the group.


Limping up to the door on her crutch, Anevia calls out for her wife as she opens the door. Irabeth, are you here?


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim walks in behind her, he holds Anevia by the shoulder. " Be careful, there might be someone else inside, like a looter. Let me search first " Equipping the Scythe and hi shield he walks in.


Male Human Warpriest 3

Maxwell, gruff and quiet, follows Verim in as well. "Too quiet..." he points out. "On guard."

Total Defense


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Readying her scythe, Tallina whispers to Tobongo.

"Get ready for anything."

Sorry, been a busy last few days.


The Tirabade residence appear empty, though it has been pillaged. Shattered plates lay scattered about the floor and the curtains have been shredded.

I need perception rolls from anyone entering.


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Irabeth, are you here?


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia moves quietly alongside Anevia to peek inside.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


Tallina:
There is someone unseen standing in the corner by the table. You can hear breathing.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim looks around whistling to himself, as if innocently exploring a home " Hey anyone in here? "

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Did we not find Wendaug? Or did we meet up and she started scouting more to clear her head?


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Her sword out and ready, Luci kept her eyes and ears peeled for anything. Focusing on the task at hand also kept her from worrying about her mother.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Verim Pharae wrote:

Verim looks around whistling to himself, as if innocently exploring a home " Hey anyone in here? "

[dice=Perception]1d20+7

Did we not find Wendaug? Or did we meet up and she started scouting more to clear her head?

She's around, and will be rejoining the group soon. You occasionally catch sight of her in the distance, giving an all clear, before she steps back into the shadows.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Her elven senses picked up the sound of a person breathing. Tallina spoke toward the table.

"You behind the table, can you please come out of hiding slowly? We mean you no harm, but are perfectly capable of defending ourselves. We are looking for a woman by the name of Irabeth, have you seen her?"


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

" Hunh, What? Talli, are you seein' somethin'? How can someone hide.. behind a chair? " Looking over in that direction with a quirked brow and slightly raised shield

" Well, if there is a person, then yeah you should come on out if your innocent. Otherwise, if your not, know I've beat 3 demons to death.. with my bare hands... OH! And we outnumber you. " Verim adding that last part as if it wasn't really important.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

With a last look up and down the street Laris enters the building.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia looks at the table Tallina's pointing at.

"Is somebody invisible? Good way to stay from demons, though not good if it is a demon."


As Mia talks, a female half-orc in heavy armor fades into view. Weapons protrude from her body in several locations and one side of her face has been burned off. With a low groan, she lurches towards Anevia. Urrrghhh!!!

Initiative:
Luciana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Laris: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Maxwell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Mia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Verim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Tallina: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Tobongo: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Round 1

Verim, Luciana, Laris, Tallina, Mia
-------------------------------------------
Irabeth
-------------------------------------------
Maxwell, Tobongo


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Oh no......STAY!!"

Daze, DC13


Horrified at the sight of Irabeth's corpse lumbering towards her, Anevia staggers backwards, No, not you, please, not you too.


There is no mind present for Daze to affect.

1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim rushes up to the phantom corpse and swings his shield, as the power rushes through him his skin does not darken however, though his eyes glow. " Dammit! Anevia get back outside! This isnt the same person you knew before ! You too Mia! " moving past Mia and the rest.

Ragin Shield Bash: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Spoiler:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Irabeth take the hit from Verim's shield, but shows little damage.


Male Human Warpriest 3

Looking at the situation, Maxwell can't help but feel remorse for the woman. Was it because they'd been too slow? Was it a result of their fun? He didn't have time to wonder, but at the same time... he couldn't help but over-analyze her wounds, making sure that she was, indeed, dead. I'm going off of in-game picture, however, and she seems rather healthy.

Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

" Wow! She seems really tough! Then again she was a paladin right? So.. did she manifest as a ghost or...? Wait, she wasnt the thing over behind the table was she? I'm confused! " Verim feels the resounding thump of slamming his shield in but seems conflicted fighting Anevia's love.


Spoiler:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

The picture I am using does not reflect her current state of undeath.

Maxwell:
There is definitely something not right. It makes a good good copy of a corpse but all the fine details are wrong.

Verim:
You bumped into someone, who hastily moved out of the way.


Male Human Warpriest 3

Maxwell points at the woman. "THAT IS NOT A CORPSE" he says alarmingly. "The burns, the stab wounds, the lack of blood. It's all wrong!" he says as he backs up to the door. As he does, he taps Mia on the shoulder.

Virtue


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim pulls his shield back and appears bewildered in his battle-ready state. " Hunh, Wha..? Did I just step on someone by mistake? And what do you mean not a Corpse?! I just hit her and everything! "


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Gripping her scythe Tallina moved to Mia's side to clear some room for the halfling. Adjusting her grip she slices at the monster.

"Out of the way Mia, I certainly hope this isn't your Irabeth or it is in for a very bad day."

Scythe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 242d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9 Slashing


Spoiler:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Tallina's scythe strikes a solid blow, spilling entrails and maggots across the floor. Uuurrrgggg!!!!


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Not able to get into the fight, Luci moved to cover Anevia while she went over what Maxwell had said. If the injuries seemed off, maybe there was more that was wrong.

She looked closely at the zombie, going over every detail outside of the injuries - Maxwell had already said those where wrong so what else was off? How it interacted with the floor and other parts of the environment, the entrails and maggots Tallina had just spilled - which prompted a bit of nausea but she pushed it down, searching for anything that seemed off. She wasn't sure if illusions could give tactile response, like Verim had mentioned, but at this point she was willing to put money on that creature not actually being there.

Will Save, if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perception, if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

stepping carefully into the room, Laris casts Detect Magic and has a good look around.


Laris:
Round 1: yes, there is magic present.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

"There is magic here - though that is hardly surprising."
keep concentrating
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
If further aura's another couple of checks, will examine strongest aura's first
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Dang, that's November's high rolls used up.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Alright, if I'm following this right.. everyone went so waiting on zombie(?) Irabeth


Sorry, busy day

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Irabeth groans, still reeling from Tallina's attack.

Mia:
Someone just ran past you.

Round 1

Verim, Luciana, Laris, Tallina, Mia
-------------------------------------------
Irabeth
-------------------------------------------
Maxwell, Tobongo


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

You didnt close that Bracket DM, it didnt roll. Also S'alright, life gets busy.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Ehh...hey!"

Mia's head turned as something or someone unseen came rushing by.
"Guys, whatever invisible thing or person was in here just came running by me."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim seemed to start and place things togther " Wha? You mean what I felt earlier might be a real thing? Alright! I'm not crazy then. Tallina you got that Fire thing from before?! " He turned halfway, still taking the pseudo-dead Irabeth into account just in case, it seemed Tallina stopped it for now.


Everyone is free to go. Irabeth did nothing but moan and wave her arms in Anevia's direction.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Well if it's not a zombie, it's something else. Try restraining it."

Mia 5ft backs away and casts Message on the opponent.
Calm down, we want to help you, if you won't attack they won't either. Come to your senses.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

"I don't have a spell of faerie fire but I do have a few spells for incapacitating. Anevia, it's not attacking, do you know what it might be trying to say? I'm going to try some positive energy, perhaps that will give us a clue."

Concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 I don't think I cast defensively. Oh well, I keep the spell. Can somebody knowledge Religion this thing? We don't even know what it is.


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Since the zombie wasn't attacking, Luci scanned the rest of the room for any sign of disturbance. She'd heard both Verim and Mia say they'd felt someone or something moving past them, but it wasn't visible. But maybe something else could give away its position, while also going over what she knew of the undead to see if there was a type that just didn't attack.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Know Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

If you fail to cast defensively you still lose the spell actually; And I dont have knowledge Religion

Verim watches confused at all the happenings in the group currently but swings at the undead regardless, because there was noting he could do about an invisible person... if they existed.

Ragin' Shield Smash: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Ragin' Scythe Slash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 82d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

" I don't know what it is, but I'll just try and keep it on me.. See whats goin on! "


Give me a will save Verim

What spell were you casting Tallina?


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Will Save?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Verim strengthens his mind and sense of will against unknown sources.


Verim:
While your scythe misses, your shield passes through Irabeth's image.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Even in his battle-lust filled state there was one thing that arose in Verim's head among all others. Well... This is embarrassing. Hehe Verim chuckles, kind of to himself that rises to audible levels

" Ummm, how do I say this? I don't think... She's all there? Unless... She's Ghost... But.. I hit her last time.. and then... it went right through this time.... I think.. my father mentioned something.. like this? An.. image? Or to be precise.. an illusion. " Verim tries to hide his shame.

Bluff to hide teh shame: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

He sticks his arm inside the image to prove the point, wiggling the shieldarm around. " See... Not.. there..."

1,551 to 1,600 of 2,314 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightbringer's Wrath of the Righteous Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.