The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+15[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Sirettis]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice


8,701 to 8,748 of 8,748 << first < prev | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | next > last >>
The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

While the others get themselves buffed up, Gallix pulls out some rope and ties up Dalviss. "Wish we had time to do this for everybody, but He's far too close for that. Good luck, my friend." He cinches the knot with a grunt, then rises up to move over and stand beside his friends against the end of all things.

"Not gonna happen, Emissary! These people, this world, will not be subject to your Dominion. I swear it in the name...

of THE RED ARM OF ABSALOM!!!"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Cue image of Gallix standing with an accusing finger, with a flag bearing our logo behind him along with heroic background music. :P

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Kai, you beat its DC of 22 pretty easily. Let me know which lore you'd like (one question for every 5 over).

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

DR, SR, resistances, immunities, special attacks, and anything else you think useful.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

I sure wish I had some available 5th sphere magic. This thing is prime for dismissal... We'll have to beat it down with steel instead. Mr Peppers begins to dig out the magical spheres they collected, hoping he can make use of them to help with his depleted reserves.

Only have 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 4th level spell and 2 arcana. I'll haste to lead off combat so don't run off until I do so.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Enlarge is not active, by the way.

Though more rare than your ordinary goblin, Kai recalls this sort of creature. The Emissary is known as a vespergaunt. They have DR 10/aligned, SR 23, are immune to precision damage, flanking, and anything mind-affecting.

"Meddlers. I know who you are. And what you think. Even now, I can feel you in my mind. Can you?" A low howl spills from where its mouth should be - but disturbingly isn't - and that same awful chill runs up your spine, likely owing to your connection via the orerry. Meanwhile, the mutants all begin chanting in a strange mix of foreign languages.

"You are the only thing stopping me from certain success, and I will see that that barrier is removed."

The Emissary surges forth in a tide of tendrils, mist, and otherworldly slime...

Everyone needs a DC 21 Will Save or is confused for 1d4 rounds

Initiative:

D: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Gallix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Mr P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Uesugi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sirettis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Kai: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Emissary: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

A thick, soupy haze of pure blackness begins to spill out from the Emissary's tentacles, and the world suddenly goes dark.

Spellcraft DC 18:

Round 1
______________
Everyone
The Emissary from Beyond

Map

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Will Save vs Confusion, Heroism, Boon: DC21: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 25
Is there a spellcraft check to know what that save was for?

Can't fail the spellcraft "Deeper Darkness" The sound of his voice rings out to the group as everything goes dark. "I'm not sure there is much I can do against it in my present state.. but here is the speed I promised."

He holds up the Aballon sphere and activates it. Everyone nearby is sped up with Haste. Then he flies straight up 80'. Fly Check, heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33

Boon:

Timelost Chronicler: (+1 Knowledge History, Also, once per scenario you can get +1 to a single D20 roll, declare preroll.)

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

As the monster descends to the ground, D. can't help but recall some bulky westerner describe something hideous with a single line.

"That's one ugly m*therf*cker."

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Dicebot be praised.

D. doesn't see anything, but directs his aether ally to move into the general direction to the northeast, hoping sound of combat will give the team a general bearing of th creature's location.

He himself hurls a sand bullet in the last direction he saw the creature.

Sand bullet, PBS, haste, overflow, burn bonus: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 22 Dmg, PBS, overflow, burn bonus: 5d6 + 5 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 5, 5) + 5 + 5 + 1 + 6 = 36

Trip?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 GM 1 star reroll!
Will: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16 Dang.

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 51

The force of the Emissary's presence overwhelms Gallix, filling his mind with madness, and the brawler sets about trying to punch it out of himself.

Stop hitting yourself: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Well that uses up my 11 temp hp from False Life

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

<Oh dear. Quite nasty, isn't it? Sirettis, I'm right here. Calm yourself.>

Will Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

<Good. Now, identify the spell- oh, that foolish elf did it already.>

Sirettis uses her flight hex and flies out of the darkness.

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

Kai would have drunk another extract of enlarge person if the earlier one had worn off.

(Use four-leaf clover)
will, heroism: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 32

Kai grunts as he lets the mental infection wash through him. "Creature of darkness. Think not that your foul intentions will be allowed to pass!" Grabbing a vial from one of his pouch, he dumps the contents over his head and he starts to glow! He steps forward, menancing with his spear.

Use oil of daylight on himself. I understand that negates the deeper darkness and is itself negated. So we're back to ambient light, which I have no idea what it is. :)

The emissary is in his threat so in case it does anything to provoke AoO...

AoO:

Mutagen, Heroism, Studied Combat, Power Attack, Haste
+1 inspired longspear: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 = 37 dmg: 1d8 + 10 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 3 + 6 = 26
Weapon not aligned.

Sorry forgot to ask just now. Would there have been time to down one last extract before the Emissary landed? i.e. he sees it descending from heaven and Kai gulps one more extract? If so, he would like to drink displacement.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Sorry, I don't think so. I've already been very lenient with the pre-buffing when in tabletop I can't see all of this likely happening ("Wait, stop, before this happens, I cast spells x y and z"). Going to say no on the displacement. Also you are assuming the Emissary did not move after using deeper darkness. Map position may not be accurate. I moved him to where your daylight would reveal him, floating some 20 feet in the air. Ambient light is dim. Just waiting on Uesugi but will bot him a little later today.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi is here!!!

Something in the back of his mind is stirred after Sir D. whispers in his ear but he is quiet choosing only to answer by strapping on his menpō mask.

Seeing the black cloud move towards them he feels the alien presence begin to invade his mind.

Using resolve point
Will save 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Will save 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Steeling his mind to it he charges the dark cloud ignoring the effects of the darkness "KIIIIII-YAAAA!" erupts from his mouth the loudest he has ever yelled it. In almost the same instance the darkness ebbs away enough for Uesugi to see the green writhing mass of tentacles before him.

With Red Arm banner flapping above his head you watch Uesugi with his blade held aloft. He strikes with extreme precision.

Challenge Target (+3 AC /+3 to Hit (Morale) vs Emissary)
AC 29 (+1 Haste +3 Challenge vs Emissary)
AC 24 (+1 Haste -2 Challenge vs Others)

katana 1st strike '2hand'+p.a+haste+charge: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 15 - 3 + 1 + 3 = 28
If hit=True Cornugan Strike (demoralize): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 9 = 22

current AC is 27 with charge

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Stuff:

12

D's blast echoes across the town square and through a group of mutants, the lot of which moan disturbingly through the darkness. Kai illuminates the area with a bright aura of light, revealing the Emissary, and Uesugi uses the opportunity to rush forward.. yet unfortunately, the alien creature is beyond his reach.
@ 20 ft. vertically, sorry bud! Anyway, I can use that roll as your AoO for this next part, when he comes within reach.

The Emissary descends upon the samurai, and Uesugi slashes across a tentacle, ooze dripping from it.

The monster wraps its tentacles around Uesugi's neck and begins tearing away his soul.
Slam: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 332d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 8) + 8 = 22
Slam: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 372d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 7) + 8 = 21
Uesugi needs two DC 21 Will Saves

Fail a save:
Take 1 negative level

Round 2
______________
Uesugi (-43)
Gallix
D.
Kai
Mr. Peppers
Sirettis

The Emissary from Beyond

Map

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Release him!" Sirettis points a finger at the emissary as Overwhelming Grief invades its mind.

Will Save DC 21 to resist.

"Realize your invasion is pointless. Begone!"

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Just as a reminder as there are a s@~@ ton of buffs out there right now: Mr Peppers put stoneskin on Uesugi, Gallix, and Kai. DR10/Adamantine, soaking up a maximum of 100 damage EACH. Also he hasted everyone at the start via one of the spheres: Duration 10 rounds.

Beyond the darkness Mr Peppers can see a bright, welcoming light coming from Kai. The light cancels the darkness in a perfect sphere around the newcomer. "Good work Kai, we've got a shot now!"

Mr Peppers drops in elevation, getting himself within the sphere of light and into a shorter range for a spell. He traces three sigils in the air with his left hand, speaks the words of Elven power, then shoots out three blasts of flame with his right hand. "Begone Emissary, we've got enough tyrants on this planet already!"

Casting Scorching Ray, +2CL (1st Ray):Ranged Touch Attack/Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 171d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 264d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 4) = 15

Casting Scorching Ray, +2CL (2nd Ray):Ranged Touch Attack/Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 221d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 384d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 5) = 13

Casting Scorching Ray, +2CL (3rd Ray):Ranged Touch Attack/Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 131d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 334d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 4) = 14

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Forgot to check how many rounds of confusion I'd have
Confusion duration: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Noice!

Shaking the fog from his mind, Gallix runs up to join Uesugi and Kai in the assault against the Emissary. "Get out of my head you son of a...!" Just as Gallix draws up next to the alien monstrosity, he cocks back a fist and drives a punch at the thing.

Hasted movement gets me right up next to the Emissary. Then a standard to attack. Not positive on how the extra attack from haste thing works after movement, so I'll spoil an extra attack in case I get that one as well.

AdCestus, Haste: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 1 = 31 Damage; Shock: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d6 ⇒ 5

Hasted attack?:
AdCestus, Haste: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 1 = 31 Damage; Shock: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d6 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

With his current speed of 70, would Kai be able to move to his position? Not sure how much of an obstacle the stands are.

As Kai circles around to flank the alien with his teammates, he pulls out a small vial that seems to be faintly glowing. Once in position, he pours its content over his weapon and it starts to glow with holy light.

Use oil of bless weapon.

Kai is in position to make AoO.

AoO:

Mutagen, Heroism, Studied Combat (1/4), Power Attack, Enlarged, Haste, Bless Weapon, Flank
+1 inspired longspear: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 26 dmg: 2d6 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 10 + 3 + 6 + 1 = 23
If hits, sickened for 1 round.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

[ooc]Will use resolve on second roll if first is succesful[/occ]
will save #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

will save #2a: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
will save #2b: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

ouch

The black tendrils wrap around the samurai and you watch Uesugi body jerks as what appears to be a black silhouette of Uesugi is pulled into the emissary's center. Immediately two blades of blue energy appear beside the creature striking it.

Crown of Swords blade#1-2 NL: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Crown of Swords blade#2-2 NL: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Feeling his qi draining away he continues to assault the creature ignoring the pain of his soul being slowly ripped away.

He uses his summoned blades to slice at the creature providing the opening needed to back away.

A quiet shudder is all that you hear from Uesugi as he stumbles back and quickly drinks a vial of transparent liquid. move back 5 ft and drink potion of prot from evil

First strike CoS blade#1-2 NL: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Second strike CoS blade#1-2 NL: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

First strike CoS blade#2-2 NL: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Second strike CoS blade#2-2 NL: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

D. focuses on the alien, and the aether elemental flies 60ft around it, into a flank with Gallix.

He himself fires off a shot at it, RT, intent on bringing it to the ground.

RT, overflow, burn bonus: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 + 3 = 18 Negative energy, burn bonus: 5d6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 3, 2) + 2 + 6 = 24

CL check vs SR if needed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Reflex DC 17 vs entanglement effect.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Yes, Kai can move there. Will update Uesugi's damage given the Stoneskin applied. Also, the Emissary has 10 foot reach, and is attacking at range.

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 4
60

Sirettis attempts to overtake the alien mass' mind and fill it with grief, but finds that nothing seems to change after her casting. Mr. Peppers has much better luck: his fiery rays burn through the thick tendrils stemming from the Emissary's blob of a body, cleaving a dozen floppy tetancles off clean.

Gallix gets up close and punches the creature right in the face, though his glove seems to bend in with the Emissary's waxy flesh rather than break through it.

D aims and fires a negative energy blast, but it merely ricochets off the Emissary's body.

The creature twists its form to gaze down on Gallix with all sixty of its eyes. Then it lashes out with its tentacles, tearing away the brawler's soul.
Slam: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 302d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 5) + 8 = 21
Slam: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 252d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 4) + 8 = 19
If he's actually AC 24, Gallix needs two DC 21 Will Saves. Otherwise just one.

Fail a save:

Take a negative level

Round 3
______________
Uesugi (77/100 stoneskin, -2 levels)
Gallix (80/100 stoneskin)
D.
Kai
Mr. Peppers
Sirettis

The Emissary from Beyond

Map

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

The smallest smile crosses Mr Peppers thin lips as his spell proves effective against the 'creature from away'. He isn't a blind fool though. If they are going to beat this thing and live to tell the tale he needs to protect his allies not revel in his own arcane superiority.

"EOX!" He commands, flying towards Uesugi and the flailing monster that's stuck in his head. He reaches into his haversack and a small black sphere... the planet Eox ends up in his hand.

"Sirettis! Use this to protect Gallix with your long reach! It can only be used twice, but someone with your training can use it easily!" He holds it out for her to take after attempting to use it on Uesugi.

UMD?, Heroism: Death Ward on Uesugi: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 2 = 33

Not 100% sure how these spheres operate in regards to UMD. I know death ward isn't on my spell list but it is on a witch and alchemist. Do they function like a staff/wand or is it more like a scroll?

Death Ward:

Death Ward
Source PRPG Core Rulebook pg. 264
School necromancy; Level alchemist 4, cleric 4, druid 5, hunter 5, inquisitor 4, investigator 4, medium 4, occultist 4, oracle 4, paladin 4, spiritualist 4, warpriest 4, witch 4
Casting
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, DF
Effect
Range touch
Target living creature touched
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes (harmless)
Description
The subject gains a +4 morale bonus on saves against all death spells and magical death effects. The subject is granted a save to negate such effects even if one is not normally allowed. The subject is immune to energy drain and any negative energy effects, including channeled negative energy.

This spell does not remove negative levels that the subject has already gained, but it does remove the penalties from negative levels for the duration of its effect.

Death ward does not protect against other sorts of attacks, even if those attacks might be lethal.

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

I'm actually AC25 at the moment due to Haste, but that second one is still a hit, and the first one is definitely a hit.

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Gallix feels his strength being sucked away as the Emissary lashes out at him. He gasps in agony, but refuses to give up the fight, especially now that he is standing toe to tentacle with the otherworldly foe.

Ignoring his pain for the moment, Gallix falls into his usual stance, then bounds back and forth, dodging more lashing tentacles and aiming strikes at the Emissary's many, many eyes.

5ft step; Brawler's Flurry, Combat Expertise, Outslug Style, Lunge, Haste, Flank in effect.
AC29 from Combat Exp/Outslug/Haste this turn.
2 negative levels

Flurry AdCestus, CE: 1d20 + 13 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 19 Damage, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 161d6 ⇒ 4
Flurry MCestus, CE: 1d20 + 13 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 25 Damage, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Flurry AdCestus, CE: 1d20 + 8 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 23 Damage, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 91d6 ⇒ 3
Flurry MCestus, CE: 1d20 + 8 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 15 Damage, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Haste AdCestus, CE: 1d20 + 13 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 16 Damage, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 151d6 ⇒ 4

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis lets her hair down and lands near Sir Uesugi and Mister Gallix. "I will keep you alive- a show of force is necessary."

Prehensile hair is active.

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

The usually composed Kai starts to growl under his breath, seeing his new teammates hurt by this vile creature from the beyond. Raising his spear, sped up by Pepper's magic, he strikes repeatedly.

Mutagen, Heroism, Studied Combat (2/4), Power Attack, Enlarged, Haste, Bless Weapon (so weapon is now aligned), Flank
+1 inspired longspear: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 37 dmg: 2d6 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 + 3 + 6 + 1 = 31
iterative: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 2 + (5) = 27 dmg: 2d6 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 + 3 + 6 + 1 + 10 = 41 (added inspiration dice to attack after roll and 2xresult to damage)
haste attack: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 36 dmg: 2d6 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 + 3 + 6 + 1 = 23
If any hits, sickened for 1 round.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

The elemental makes a slam against the emissary, after which D. hurls another ball of negative energy.

Slam, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Rt, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 25 Negative energy, burn bonus: 5d6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 3, 4) + 2 + 6 = 20

CL if needed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Ref DC 17 vs being entangled for a minute.

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Understanding the creature to be too far for him to engage Uesugi drinks another vial this time seemingly full of swirling air. Immediately his feet lift into the air. drink potion of flying

Even as he does this the blue-hued blades continue to slash at the Emissary.

First strike CoS blade#1-2 NL: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 2 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Second strike CoS blade#1-2 NL: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

First strike CoS blade#2-2 NL: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 = 10
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Second strike CoS blade#2-2 NL: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Rolls:

SR, Sirettis: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
Reflex vs D: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
179

Kai's spear is but a knife through warm butter, and cuts through a thick nest of wispy cartilage, detaching near half of the Emissary's body. The mass flops around at his feet, even after being removed. This time, D's blast works, and zaps the tentacle beast, smoke rising from its charred insides.

Having part of his soul siphoned doesn't stop Gallix. He hits with a left, and a right, and by the time the whole party has acted, the Emissary looks as if it may collapse at any moment.

The alien floats over five feet towards Kai, and full on attacks him, hoping to kill what it views as the most dangerous opponent.
Slam vs Kai: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 402d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 3) + 8 = 17
Slam vs Kai: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 302d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 = 18
Kai needs 2 DC 21 Will saves vs negative levels

Round 4
______________
Uesugi (77/100 stoneskin, -2 levels)
Gallix (80/100 stoneskin, -2 levels)
D.
Kai (85/100 stoneskin)
Mr. Peppers
Sirettis

The Emissary from Beyond

Map

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

UMD?, Heroism: Death Ward on Gallix: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 22 + 2 = 39

Mr Peppers steps over closer to Gallix and tries to protect his soul from the Emissary as well. His domination of all schools of magic are apparent as he bends the sphere of Eox to his will. He pockets the sphere back into his haversack, its power now spent.

"Finish that thing off so we can fix these villagers."

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis's hair reaches out and wraps around Gallix.

Healing Hex: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 3) + 10 = 20

She doesn't say much, but she heads over toward Kai.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix grins broadly as both Mr. Peppers and Sirettis turn their restorative magics on him. He feels the dark magic of the Emissary being suppressed by Mr. Peppers, then realizes that his wounds are rapidly healing thanks to Sirettis.

As this dawn on him, he turns to gaze at the writhing mass of chaos and destruction that is the Emissary and smiles. "Oh, now you're screwed."

The brawler seems to disappear from view as he blinks out of existence in his former position and reappears in a flanking position with Kai, his right arm cocked back and ready to deliver a rain of strikes.

Tien:
"GEAR SECOND: JET GATTLING GUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!"

5ft step; Brawler's Flurry, Outslug Style, Lunge, Haste, Flank in effect. Penalities from negative levels suppressed by Death Ward (if I'm understanding that spell correctly).
AC27 from Outslug/Amulet/Haste this turn.

Flurry AdCestus: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 29 Damage, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 91d6 ⇒ 5
Flurry MCestus: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 36 Damage, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10
Flurry AdCestus: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 28 Damage, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 111d6 ⇒ 3
Flurry MCestus: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 31 Damage, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Haste AdCestus: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 32 Damage, Outslug; Shock: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 111d6 ⇒ 5

Crit MCestus 1?: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 18 Crit Damage, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Crit MCestus 2?: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 23 Crit Damage, Outslug: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Aether elemental slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Rt, overflow, burn bonus, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 25 Negative energy, burn bonus: 5d6 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 2, 5) + 2 + 6 = 23

CL check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Gallix slams the writhing mass of oozy tentacles with fist after fist, and from just behind him flies a blast of negative energy that zaps the Emissary. It groans horrible as its fried into a goopy nest of tentacles that soon coalesces into a putrid, thick green ooze.

The sky brightens.

Out of combat! Woot!

All around you, half-mutated zombie-like villagers stand up and shamble around in seemingly random directions. The less transformed ones murmur random words to each other, some even embracing others. It's clear the threat of them being violent is over, and even Dalviss awakens just as his snout falls off. It looks like they're.. recovering.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Begone, abomination from beyond!" Sirettis cries out to the ooze as she flies to Sir Uesugi and Mister Kai.

Sir Uesugi: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 4) + 10 = 19
Mister Kai: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 2) + 10 = 17

She wraps her hair around both of them, and as she pulls her hair away they find the majority of the bruises removed.

"Dalviss. Dalviss. Speak to me, please. Are you... sane?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

"By the rising sun's warmth, that thing is done for."

Was that just a grin of relief, the usually neutral faced easterner sported?

"And it seems the mutants are calming down."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

"What the -" Dalviss mumbles, adding a few incomprehensible words on. He isn't able to speak properly yet, but at least he's not trying to come at you with a halbred anymore.

Over the next few hours, the villagers who had started transforming begin, well, transforming back to their human, elven, dwarven - their ordinary forms. Their animal features fade as their hooves, wings, and fur all fall to the ground. Thanks to your noticing the water supply's poisoning earlier on, the town's waters eventually recover from the dream crystal toxin's taint.

Clean-up efforts begin over the next few days, and Dalviss announces a grand reopening of the Mineshaft. The shipwreck of the Lirgen's Glory becomes something of a local tourist hotspot. An influx of curious scholars and historians seeking to explore the wreck breathes new life into town, which means bolstered business for one Dalviss Crenn.

You are hailed as heroes in town, and once things are back to normal, Dalviss invites you back to the Mineshaft. "Well, s%+&! As cool as a falling meteor was, who knew it'd bring an alien with it!" He shouts above the crowded bar. "Here, take my amulet, and my belt as thanks, Red Arm! If you ever find yourselves in Dustpawn again in the future, know that you will never have to pay for a meal or room again."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers starts to relax, at least down from OMFG high alert mode, after the Emissary appears to have fallen "Uesugi, you know what to do.. make sure that thing never rises again." He gives the thumbs down and nod.

When it comes to the transformed townies, Mr Peppers keeps his distance, not quite sure yet if they'll return to normal. Not until Dalviss starts to speak, sorta, does tall, dark and victorious truly start to relax.

"I must reassemble the Orrery. We'll know for sure if this Emissary is dead with its help." He pulls it from his pack and reloads all of the spheres, seeing if his mind connects once more. And to think they wanted to destroy this... just crazy talk.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis is glad to free the elves from her control. It was a useful method to keep them from hurting other people. But the more power Sirettis gained, the easier it was to slip into other people's minds. The easier it was to mess with them.

The next few days, Sirettis spent alone with her thoughts and <it>.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Yet another world-ending disaster averted, D.'s had a few thoughts on his mind.

The group had traveled -and done- much together, though a feeling of such tidings coming to an end, or an hiatus, lingered in the back of his mind, as if some cosmic force told him of this. Sure, he had his stylish residence, but without the group, something was missing....

When The Red Arm had returned to their lodgings, some carrier pigeon flies up to him, making an awkward landing near a drink he had on the table.

"Hmm? Target seeking pigeons?", and he takes a small missive from its neck.

To any of the others sitting near him, they see a look of surprise on his face, as he sits back holding his chin.

"This.....what -are- they thinking?"

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

The next morning, Kai takes a stroll down the town square. The destruction caused by the alien attack is clearly still evident, but he is heartened that life is returning to some normalcy. While townsfolk do what they can to clear the debris, many others are making attempts to carry on their lifes as normal. "The resilience of the human spirit. Admirable as ever," Kai mutters to himself, smiling.

He returns to the inn, taking the time to visit each of the members of the Red Arm to bid them farewell. "Before the Society sent me on the way, the reputation of the Red Arms had long preceded itself. But actually meeting each and everyone of you has indeed been not just a pleasure, but an inspiration. I trust that our paths will cross again - Golarion is after all just one planet," he jests as he holds up an orrery sphere. He turns more solemn as he shakes each of their hands in turn. "But should our journeys fail to cross again, know that Kai is honored to have been a member, even if just a brief while. Farewell, all."

Hoisting his longspear over his shoulder, and with a final wave, Kai steps onto the open road and takes his next step.

Sovereign Court

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

While in solitude:

<The Emissary. It tried to bend everyone to its master's will. That's what you fear, isn't it?>

Sirettis heard <Its> voice in her mind with a mix of fear and intrigue."It was too easy to control them." She points back to Sonarisa and Valar, standing behind her without any trace of emotion. "I have warped other minds as well into becoming my allies. It is empowering, but it is also frightening."

" I have never met them- never ate alongside them, never learned their names or habits- yet I should call them friend? They should call me master? It is unnatural- and unfair. Masters who beat and abused me demanded I submit to their will because I was nothing more than property."

<But that's one reason I chose to help you- I gave you the power to get your revenge. It seemed so appropriate. I thought we would unite based on revenge and betrayal. I have been hurt too many times, as well.>

Sirettis feels a gentle breeze blow through her hair. "You misunderstand. I misunderstood. I thought you were another master, giving me the tools I needed to enforce your will... You are lonely. I was lonely. Only with Isa and the Red Arm have I felt at home."

The long stretch of silence is broken by another snort from Valar. "Isa and I should meet you now. You know much of my life. I wish to know yours. You must trust me if you want to make a friend."

<After all this, you would consider me a friend?> A voice of quiet sorrow rings through Sirettis's mind. <Yes. I will, I will help you find me. But only you and Isa. You will... you will understand when I direct you to me.>

Sirettis directs Sonarisa to help clean the rooftops from debris. She uses her Break Enchantment magic to free Valar. Sirettis uses her hair to help lift and carry heavy equipment and debris. But the time comes, and she addresses the Red Arm.

"Sonarisa needs help, beyond my capabilities. Valar, Elkas and I will escort her to the Grand Lodge in Absalom where she can be fully restored and begin healing. After that..." Sirettis trails off and wipes a tear from her eye.

"After that, I must part ways with you all. The patron- the very force that grants me these powers- <it> is lonely. <It> needs help, guidance. You have all shown me the strength of not losing hope, of believing in success. I must spread this joy to <it>."

"I do not know how long this journey will take. But I will complete it. And when I return, you may have moved on. I hope to see you all again."

"The Red Arm of Absalom lives on." Sirettis's hair waves goodbye and she orders Sonarisa and the elves join hands. With a word and a flurry of feathers, Sirettis teleports away in a burst of wind.

Dark Archive

5 people marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

[Over the shoulder camera angle on the letter D. had received]

Dear son,

It is our understanding you have risen in your organization's ranks to have achieved a very respected reputation, working in a group of highly skilled individuals.

You even acquired the estate of your late uncle, and a noble title in this western continent.
To quote your honored grandfather, "even the best of units disband eventually". That would leave you without proper companions.

As such, your mother and i have decided for you to have an arranged marriage. We have found a fine young woman from our hometown, can you imagine?, who has become an accomplished artist and painter here.

Congratulations, dear son.

Your loving parents.

....."This.....what -are- they thinking?"

=======================================================================
Some time later, all Red Arm members receive an invitation, either signed by the Noble house Mr. Peppers & Sirettis are part of, or D.'s family, for a wedding reception.

It is clear enough, though, only those closest to the groom and bride are present....and matriarch Caperina of course, with her few closest tagging along.

You find D. alongside a young woman in a traditional eastern gown, and both were smiling??!

D.'s face turns to a less serious version of his normal self as you approach.

"It would seem life holds great surprises. We've averted world ending disaster, traveled above and below the earth, and now i find myself..... back with someone i had to part from."

"Still, i will take this gathering as the perfect chance, to raise a glass to The Red Arm of Absalom.
It has been a pleasure to venture with you as comrades, or friends, if you want to call it such."

==============================================
[Big black & white image of the group on parchment paper, emblem behind them.]

The Exchange

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

The clean up effort in Dustpawn is fairly routine for Gallix, once all the people have reverted to their non-mutated forms that is. And after clearing up some of the wreckage, he turns his attention to clearing out Dalviss's reserves of fine ales! The carousing carries on, night after night, as Gallix leads a celebration appropriate for averting an apocalyptic extraterrestrial invasion.

Eventually, though, the town has to get back to its daily routines, and Gallix has to bid the people of Isger another farewell. He travels back to Absalom on foot, declining the offer from the Red Arm's arcanely inclined members to simply teleport him back with the rest of the group. With a rare thoughtful look, Gallix simply tells them that he has some thinking to do.

Over the weeks he takes to saunter across the countryside of Isger, then south through his native land of Cheliax until he reaches the Inner Sea where he charters a ship to carry him to his true home in Absalom, Gallix spends his time composing the tales of the Red Arm of Absalom and reflecting on the journeys he's been on through all those years. In all that time, not a drop of alcohol passes his lips, and he even refrains from smoking more than a single cigarette a day.

About a month after Dustpawn, a knock at the Caperina estate's door disturbs the quiet of the house, and shortly after, a servant brings Gallix to find Mr. Peppers in his steadily growing private library. The pair chat for some time, but perhaps the most shocking development is that Gallix has decided to forsake his drunken ways.

"Listen, Peps," he says sheepishly, "When the Emissary had a grip on me back in Dustpawn, on my mind you know, I didn't think I would ever come back from that. When we finally beat the bastard, though, I got to thinking about what that whole experience was like--losing my mind and all that and well, I think that's kinda what I've been doing with all the drinking and stuff too. So...I decided I wanna...scale it back. I mean, I still wanna revere Cayden. I've really come to believe, I guess, but I think I can do that without having to be a complete sot. And I wanted to tell you cause, well, I could use some help. So, do you think you could help keep me in line? I know the Red Arm is kinda going its separate ways, but I'd really appreciate being able to stay in touch with you for this. Whaddya think, buddy?"

-----

A few days later, Gallix is on his way back to the Grand Lodge from an arcane market Peppers recommended, a flask of tea from Cup's family's place at his side. He makes his way onto the campus of the Pathfinder Society, a proud and somewhat mischievous smile just touching the edges of his lips. He enters the central tower of the Grand Lodge, and climbs flight after flight of stairs until he reaches the highest floor to which he has access. He winds his way through the halls until he finds a balcony, then pulls a scroll out of a tube at his side. He reads the scroll's contents and casts a simple spell on himself (Clarion Call). As light wells up around his chest, throat, and mouth, he takes a deep breath, a tear rolls down his cheek and he calls out in a voice heard throughout the City at the Center of the World,

"Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir
Lin Kai
Acelyn Chasseur
Lord Peppers of House Caperina
Grim Dougal
Nixie Attwater
Sir D. Arthraven
Blaster Corsac
Silas Vincent
Sirettis of House Caperina
Stali One-Penny
Begrilda Hammerhild
Uesgui Hideyoshi
Princess Tiffany
Bishop of the Dark Augur
and me, the Gorgeous Gallix Granbonne
We have been...
THE RED ARM OF ABSALOM!!!"

The Concordance

6 people marked this as a favorite.
820-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

A little gnome, hearing her name roared, comes running up to Gallix. "Yes, we have!" She laughs, offering Gallix a hug. "You always did know how to make an entrance. Tea? Then let's hear all your adventures."

The gnome settles in, prepared to hear stories of the group whose legend will never die.

The Concordance

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

As one would expect, once the threat of an alien invasion calms down so does Mr Peppers. He is happy to stick around and assist with the cleanup and celebration of the town. As one would expect though his modes of assistance are all purely in an advisory role, as well as with thorough arcane support. His unseen servant picks up large amounts of trash that has blown in. He makes things whole if they've been broken, unless of course they are trivial like goat water pails. If I see another goat I'm going to freak.

"Well, it looks like all that remains is physical labor. You'll be able to find me working in peace and quiet outside the inn. I've got a spell book to study and Arcane mysteries to unravel. Not to mention this fabulous Orrery." He spends the last week or so in his Secure Shelter, sipping wine or tea and reading up on many of the books they recovered from the ship. All these books and NOT ONE even BROACHING the subject of advanced Arcane Theory! I think I need another trip down South.

Seeing how Gallix wishes to take the long route home, and Sirettis floats away with her thrall and Isa, Mr Peppers takes the remaining Red Arm members back to Absalom before he too heads on his own personal trip. "If you need me I'll be back in a few weeks. I've got an appointment at the Mage Academy that I wouldn't miss for much of anything." With a word and a wave Tall, dark and magical teleports far across the world of Golarion, back to the steamy jungles of the south.

---------

Gallix does indeed find his Elven friend tucked away in a quaint cottage on the Caperina Family grounds. His social and magical support has been quite the boon to the family. They gain support in the city and a greater voice in its operation. Mr Peppers has an impeccable reputation and he is rewarded with all the amenities he could ask for on the grounds.

Gallix walks in to a room of complete silence, almost as if he walks through a bubble. The outside noises don't follow him inside. The air is still and pleasant, at least until he approaches a preoccupied Mr Peppers.

Invisible Hound vs FF Gallix: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 172d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11

Gallix feels the snap of jaws and teeth off his knee and the sound of barking begins to ring in his ears, yet no dog can be found. "Down boy." He points a finger towards Gallix and the barking and biting stop at once. "Gallix my friend. Sorry about that. A new protection spell, quite the little hound, doesn't always listen though."

He listens as Gallix fesses up to what's been troubling him, a look of concern mixed with happiness crosses the Elf's youthful face. "So you've decided to be sober? After all this time? I applaud your decision, you'll make a fine upstanding member of society!" He slides his own glass of wine away from the brawler and offers him some cool water.

"Lucky for a man of your wealth and standing you can remove the disease from your system with a simple spell. Even your church may provide you the means, otherwise I can read a scroll of it on your behalf. This may or maybe not work. Regardless, the hard part is convincing your mind you don't wish to drink, the body follows the mind."

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix shakes his leg as Peppers' hound greets him. "Ha! Not a bad trick there, Peps. Although I do hope you can train it to recognize friend from foe. Wouldn't want someone to actually get hurt by that thing if you don't mean 'em to."

After sitting and chatting with Peppers a while, Gallix leans back in his chair and heaves a sigh. "Man, all this mind over matter stuff is really not up my alley. Still, I guess you're right. And hey, I hadn't even thought to ask about magic to help take the edge off of the cravings, so I'm glad I came to you anyway. Well, if I'm gonna do this, I'd be honored if you'd be the one to cast the spell! Whaddya say? Wanna use your superior arcane might one last time to help me kick the habit?" He smiles broadly at his good friend, punctuating his jest with a signature wink.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"Ya, I'm still working on the training part for the dog. Its best used as a night watch type of spell I guess." Reading through the spell it really doesn't mention anything about the dog being under your command or even being able to dismiss the spell.. seems odd. Mage's Faithful Hound.

Mr Peppers holds up a single finger to correct his newly sober friend "Remove disease is a divine spell to be fair. But as you know I have learned to 'circumvent' that traditional convention when it comes to scrolls and wands. Regardless, I'd be honored to finally remove that stink of stale ale from your breath." He pulls out his original spellbook, the cover still stained from that chance meeting four years prior.

Oh, you've still got 2 temporary negative levels... that'll need to be addressed. Uesugi I think has some too?

8,701 to 8,748 of 8,748 << first < prev | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.