The Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=D]1d20+15[/dice
[dice=Gallix]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Mr P]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Uesugi]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Sirettis]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Cup]1d20+5[/dice


8,301 to 8,350 of 8,748 << first < prev | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Leeara bounds back as Sirettis approaches, bearing her fangs. "What you do?! Hurt Leeara like the woman did?" She holds her claws out, though Gallix and Mr. Peppers' words help calm her. Leeara stands still as Sirettis applies her hex... but when the hex is over, Leeara shakes her head. "Me not feel any different. Don't think it worked."

Defeated, she plops down on the ground and begins using her hind leg to scratch her neck. "Me shouldn't have followed those four strangers. Went south into the hills one night a few days ago. Got all the way to the mine.. Nesher Mine. Ooooh.. so itchy.." She scratches and scratches.

Gallix doesn't get the sense a potion or concoction might cure this particular affliction.

The hex didn't work - try something else? Break enchantment needs a d20 roll.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"Give me some time Leera, if magic can reverse this effect then I'll remove it." He pulls out his locked spellbook, drags his finger across the lock in a particular pattern and it pops open flipping immediately to the precise page.

"Ah yes, break enchantment. If this doesn't do it then I think you're out of our league." After a moment of memorization, the tall, dark and helpful Elf begins chanting the spell, the air tingles with anticipation...

Break Enchantment, +2CL: 1 minute cast: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Break Enchantment may work. Of course, I chose not to prepare it today." Sirettis looks around. "Did you say a woman hurt you? What does she look like?"

Mister Peppers is prepared to heal her.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Mr. Peppers weaves a spell over Leeara's head, the feral girl watching his movements in confusion. At first, nothing happens, and Leeara continues her endless scratching. As she's doing so, tufts of fur begin falling from her side. Her paws turn back into feet, and the rest of her fur slips off her skin as if she wore a fur coat. Her eyes widen back into those of a human, and her fangs recede.

A very naked and embarrassed Leeara rushes over behind the canvas to the north of the cavern and tears it off, wrapping herself in it.

"By Desna... Thank you so much!" She exclaims. "I can't believe I let that happen to me, but I had to follow those prospectors, if that's even what they were!"

Leeara brushes away some stray golden fur from her shoulder. "So I followed them to the Nesher Mine... All the way to a room where I watched them meet with a tall woman dressed in a dark, sparkly robe. They.. spoke in a language I couldn't understand."

"But there were some strange orbs and crystals just sitting on a nearby table, so I grabbed one. That's when I was spotted and the woman shot me with her crossbow."

"Soon after I got shot, my body starting shaking.. It was painful. I was becoming something else.. so I must have been poisoned."

She points to the nest of leaves, fur, and straw. "I got the sphere, though. It's in there."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers smiles and nods "Don't thank me, thank the power of arcane magic my furless friend. Now if you'd be so kind as to grab that sphere so I, I mean, WE can take a look at it..." No chance he'd be reaching into that overgrown tick nest for it.

Before putting his book away he restudies his replaced spell, just in case they run into anything extra planar that needs a quick ride home.

"So she shot you with a bolt and you think that's what changed you? Interesting... did it seem like she cast a spell as she did it?" Intrigued as ever he tries to get a better idea on what they'd be facing. "Let's get you back to town and we can rest up and put together a better plan of attack. Maybe you can put together some sort of map for us on the mines?"

If retrieved to study:

K Arcana, buffs: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 19 + 4 = 31
Spellcraft ID, buffs: 1d20 + 30 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 30 + 2 = 45

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

I think this is a possible time to introduce Kai.

Almost immediately after Mr Peppers breaks the enchantment, you hear footsteps coming up behind you. A Tian human comes up warily, wielding a longspear in his hands and he looks at your group cautiously. He studies each of you quickly in turn, then examines Leeara. He seems to recognise her then visibly relaxes as he lowers his weapon.

"You must be the Red Arm of Absalom. Recognised you quite easily. Got quite a reputation, I must say." The man speaks with a calm and measured ease, careful with his words yet with no sense of hesitatiotn.

"Finally, I've found you. I'm not particularly good traversing in the wilderness alone, I must admit, but thankfully, the trail of toads wasn't difficult to follow. And you've rescued the damsel in distress, so looks like my assistance wasn't needed."

"Ah yes, where are my manners." He reaches out his hand to each of you. "My name in Lin Kai, but please call me Kai. I used to be a watchman in Absalom, but... I left and joined the Society. My, that has been years now. Anyway, I recently completed a mission up in the unforgiving north and was passing through Isger on the night of the monthly meeting. Shane had left word about what's happening at Dustspawn so I rerouted. Crenn then directed me this way."

Kai stands of typical height as like most Tian-Shus, with typical dark brown eyes, and silky black hair that is cut short and largely ungroomed. What differentiates him though is his build - while most Tians are lean and lithe, he is well-built and muscular, clearly visible through the breastplate he is wearing. Other than the longspear comfortably in one hand, you can plaingly see across his chest a bandolier where a number of vials of liquid are stored.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Sense Motive, Buffs: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31

The tall, dark and handsome Elf, dressed as an obvious spellcaster regards the newcomer with a wary eye. "You are correct, we are the Red Arm of Absalom." He gives a head nod towards Gallix for the proper introduction.

He shies away from the handshake and instead gives a polite bow to the man, as would be customary in Tian. "I am Lord Peppers, and these are my associates. It was lucky you didn't beat us here.. those oversized toads have a habit of swallowing people."

Mr Peppers is dressed as one might expect an Elven mage to dress. Fine robes and a cloak, adorned in many arcane symbols and kept impeccably clean. He holds his spellbook close to his body with one hand, it too being richly decorated and embellished.

He pauses to allow the others to introduce themselves to the man, as he does so he casts detect magic to see what sort of exciting auras surround the newcomer.

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Mr. Peppers gives his own simple introduction, then nods toward a young man who appears to be in his late twenties. His features are recognizably Chelaxian, though his hair is a bright blond color not typically found in the infernal nation. His attire is quite flashy, as he wears a sleeveless tunic beneath his gleaming breastplate, which is emblazoned with a flexing crimson arm, the muscles of which are outlined in gold. On his own right arm, the young man wears a skin-tight sleeve of a similar red hue, and on each hand Kai can see wickedly spiked gloves, both of which radiate with power.

All along the young man's waist are pouches of various shapes and sizes, with one in particular holding what appear to be some sort of brightly colored cigarettes.

This Chelish man stands and gives a respectful bow to Kai and speaks to him in his native language,

Tien:
"Good to meet you, Lin Kai-san. Tell me, when we get back to town, could I buy you a drink?"

*Wink*

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis's hair shakes with the man's hand. "I am called Sirettis. I am pleased to meet you."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

After deciding this isn't a trap (and telling <it> to calm down,) she turns to Miss Poshkettle. "Can you please tell the innkeep that Leeara is alright? I am certain the people of Dustspawn will need your help to avoid a fullscale panic."

She floats back to Leeara. "That crossbow bolt is quite powerful to force a transformation. I suspected a curse, but..." She hesitates. "May I see this sphere?"

K Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

D. turns around at the arrival of a newcomer. Actually pleasantly surprised, but not showing it, to see it is someone from grand Tian Xia.

D. is one of two bald Tien men of the group, with a 'stache and short fu-manchu 'stache in a peculiar kind of fashion.

Clad in black tien styled leather.
D.'s basically a Tien sith, one quite fond of his homeland.

Sense motive untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Trusting his steady comardes' judgment, he likewise greets the newcomer.

"Hajimemashite.", and he shakes Kai's hand.

Tien:

"How do you do.'

D. turns to Gallix.
"Best to practice a bit more. I take it you meant to say to buy him alcohol, but you just pronounced 'Nomi', meaning flea. The word you were looking for is Nomimono."

D. faintly smiles.
"One day you'll master the graceful language that is the Tien speech."

"Kai, what land do you hail from? Were you born in Tian Xia, or did your family per chance move to the west?"

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi bows at the newcomer and then remains silent other than saying, "I am Uesugi Hideyoshi. Welcome."

The samurai stays as stoic as ever and his demeanour reflects this as he lets the others question the newcomer.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

Gallix does some quick mental calculations, apparently checking to make sure everyone had introduced themselves, then abruptly turns his back to Kai. With some confused muttering and gestures so clumsy they would make Peppers physically ill, a few sparks rain down from the ceiling in shades of red and gold. He turns back to Kai and calls out in a loud voice like some kind of announcer, "And together we are...

THE RED ARM OF ABSALOM!!!"

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

[Insert the Red Arm's logo in fireworks just behind him]

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

Kai keeps his hand up for a few more uncomfortable beats before D. finally grabs it. Kai gives a firm shake before turning to Gallix and Uesugi and bows awkwardly back in return.

He first returns Gallix's greetings in heavily accented Tien, "哦, 您好,您好。 叫我阿凯可以了。喝几杯行,但我酒量不好,没办法喝太多。请您谅解。". He then similarly replies to D., "哦,除了那漫长的路途以外,我还好。您呢?"

Tien, Gallix:
"Uh, greetings, greetings. Just call me Kai. A few cups is fine, but I don't hold my liquor well. Hope you understand."

Tien, D.:
"Uh, aside from the long journey, I'm fine. You?"

Finally switching back to Taldane Common, a language he appears much more comfortable in, "No, I was borned in Absalom. Lived there pretty much my whole life. Learnt Tien from my parents but I must admit, I am somewhat rusty. Not much opportunity to use it in the city watch. Or in the Society for that matter."

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 + 1d8 ⇒ (19) + 9 + (5) = 33
From the corner of his eye, he notices Pepper's spellcasting. He smiles good-naturedly, but speaks with a faint hint of steel in his voice. "You know, if you're curious what I carry, you can simply ask. I'm carrying ..." And he gives you a listing of the gear that he's carrying, especially those that might be helpful for the team. See his profile page. :) He himself, however, is not glowing with any magic, at least for now.

He turns back to Gallix, his mouth slightly agape. "Uh, yes, thank you for the welcome. Red Arms of Absalom. Yes, quite well known, you are." (I'm imagining a typical japanese anime with the crow flying past his head.)

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Leeara shakes her head wildly, as if it were covered in insects. "I... uhh... I think I'm seeing things. Perhaps I'm still affected by the poison? Hello Kai, thank you for finding me as well!"

Leeara digs through the nest, and finds a strange object that she hands to Mr. Peppers. It's a 1-inch diameter sphere of colored basalt, painted with tiny craters. Sirettis recognizes it: the sphere is painted to resemble the planet Aballon. There sphere glows with a faint transmutation aura, and Mr. Peppers detects it can be activated to provide the haste spell, but only has 1 charge.

"We should get back to Dalviss. He must be so worried me, and I don't want to spend another moment here. I would be glad to help give you details on the Nesher Mines," Leeara pulls the canvas tight around her body so it doesn't fall off during the trip back. "Or will you be taking me there alone while your friends venture to the Mines?" Leeara looks at Cup.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers gives the newcomer a smile "I could ask, but I prefer to discover them myself. Please do not take offense, studying magical auras is my thing." He quickly confirms Kai's magical holdings with a satisfied look on his face. Strength enhancements as well as intellect. Not your typical assortment.

As the conversation shifts back to Leeara Mr Peppers gets a bit concerned at her growing agitation "Do we have a way to remove poison? Or perhaps delay it?" He focuses the question mostly at Sirettis, Cup, and Kai.

"Regardless, I'd prefer to go back to town, rest and prepare before we head to a likely confrontation. That battle with the toads was fairly magically taxing."

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Poison? No. I have scrolls to remove disease and curses. I can also remove any damage to your immediate health." Ability Score Damage or just healing.

"Let us all return, then. I will prepare my magic."

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-10 | "Lady Calpurnia Underhall Poshkettle of House Al-Hadir" | Female NG Gnome Studious Librarian Bard 8 | HP 72/59 | AC 18 (21), T 13, FF 16 | CMD 15 | F +5 R +9 W +7 | Init +5 | Per +20, SM +20 | Speed 20 ft | Bard Song 23/23 | Spells 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Unseen Servant, Lucky Number 5, +1 Perform Sing
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50; KP 39/50; LN 36/50; SN 47/50; ToS 50/50

"I can escort her back, if all of you would like," Cup offers. But she's just as happy to travel along with her friends back to town when a metal bird flies through the cave and lands in her palm.

Cup opens the message it's carrying, and her face falls. "Oh no. It's my mom... Dad's sick." Tears in her eyes, she hugs the members of her team. "I've got to go. I've been called back to Absalom. Take good care of yourselves." Then she turns to Kai. "And take care of them for me, you hear?"

Exit Cup, stage left. Good luck with the module and the mystery, guys!

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

Upon hearing the word "poison", Kai's brows furrow while he quickly pulls out a vial. "This is a potion I was gifted in return for a favour for some work up at Kaimuko Wood. Do you think it would help?"

potion of neutralise poison

---

Although only just briefly met, Kai feels a sense of familiarity with the little gnome and when she starts crying, he feels his heart sinking as well. "So long, little one. Master Yung, the employer of one of my friends, Fung, is a skilled herbalist. His shop is at the corner of Coin and Market street. He might be able to help." He turns briefly to look at the rest of the team. "I'll do my best, but I believe they are more than capable of taking care of themselves."

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Showing a bit more affection than normally seen on him in other events, D. rubs Cup's hair when she hugs him.

"We shall meet again, chibi-chan.
Take care of your family, we'll come visit some time."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

When it comes down to the neutralizing poison vial he frowns as the newcomer is offering up something so valuable. "Leeara: Do you know how long the transformation took before? And is there any high level healers back in town? I'd rather not have Kai use this if it isn't needed."

Mr Peppers brow furrows for a moment then softens as Cup speaks of her ill Father. "If you wish for a speedy trip I can teleport you if it is a destination I am familiar with, or just to Abasalom in particular?" He turns to the others "I've only got one more bit of high level spell power to make the trip, so unless Sirettis is able to cast it as well and comes with us, I'll have to return in the morning."

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"I can help with the return trip to Dustspawn." Sirettis nods. "We'll help your father, Miss Poshkettle."

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

"Sorry to hear about your dad," Leeara frowns at Cup. "I feel a lot better after that magic. The transformation happened pretty fast, you know, but our own town priestess Alyssia would also be able to help."

You depart Old Frog Swamp and travel a few hours back to Dustpawn, following the main road as it turns north. Soon, you're passing through the gates once more, and find yourself back at Crenn's tavern, The Mineshaft.

"Leeara! You're SAFE!" The excitable man runs over and hugs her. But her makeshift dress slips off as he comes away, and she blushes bright red as she runs back for her bedroom.

"Oh dear. Sorry about that," she returns, fully dressed. "Dalviss, these people saved me! But Dalviss, I .. I.." Dalviss pulls out a chair and she sits down and explains the whole story, including her horrible transformation and rescue.

"I.. don't know what I became or what I did.. But I saw two bodies on my way out.. Did I.. kill them?" She buries her head in her arms.

Crenn consoles her, and turns to you. "I see you've exchanged a gnome for a human. Anyway, why are there cultists in town and in the cave Leeara usually gathers ingredients? I guess they thought themselves cooks or something! Hah!"

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

"Yes, and I d on't think they got the better end of the bargain for the exchange," Kai replies with a self-depreciating smile.

He steps back after that. Being late to the party as it were, he feels it best to let the rest who know the situation better to take over for now.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |
GM Red wrote:

The robed bodies are quite different than the skeletal remains seen outside, given that the kills look fresh rather than years old. Sirettis leans down and looks at the robed cultist's wounds, finding that they're covered in both bite wounds and wounds caused by slashing weapons.

While Uesugi checks the ground for tracks and finds none, Mr. Peppers notices that cave wall to the north looks... Off. Upon closer inspection, he realizes it's actually a painted canvas sheet that matches the nearby cave walls obscuring an entrance leading further into the cave.

Just as he and D are about to enter, Sirettis notices a thin cord hooked to the stashes of food and water. Moving the bags will cause the cord to snap, sending a large, spiked log down from the ceiling and smashing through the room.

"Hmm. They were killed recently from slashing weapons." Sirettis ponders. "But the room you were in was trapped. It is unclear."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"I'm sure if you did kill them then you were defending yourself. They may have followed you there after you fled the mines." He holds up the odd 'haste' sphere. "An interesting one use magical item. It will cast the haste spell on nearby individuals. Who would like to use it?" I'm assuming anyone can activate it?

"As far as WHY they are here we don't know yet. We'll head to the mines tomorrow to hopefully figure that out. Miss Cup had a family emergency and needed to withdraw. Lin Kai here made a timely entrance to help replace her." We will see how he does with the group, but he certainly looks to provide more muscle.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Leeara wipes away her tears and breathes steadily. "I'm going to lie low here. I need to think about everything that's gone on..." She forces a smile, and slowly walks back to her room

Dalviss frowns as he watches her walk off... But when Mr. Peppers holds up the sphere, his jaw drops. "HOLD IT! Let me see that thing!" He grabs it and runs his fingers along its miniature craters. "This.. this is the planet Aballon, but in a miniaturized form..." he mumbles, enthralled with the discovery. "And it's magical?" He looks up at Mr. Peppers. "How curious. You can hang on to it, but I've never seen an object quite like that one before!" He moves within an inch of Mr. Peppers face, and yell-whispers "KEEP IT SAFE!"

Then Dalviss rushes over to the bar and starts pouring beer. "I take it you're heading out tomorrow, then. Sure, grab a room for the night. Nalan! MORE FOOD FOR THE GUESTS! NOW!"

...

The night passes without incident, though the "prospectors" don't return this evening for a night's rest.

Yup, anyone can activate sphere. To the mines, then?

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"Leeara, you should visit your priestess to be sure there isn't any lingering poison in your system. You don't want to return to your previous form, not to mention you may have contracted something from your cave hideout..." I'm sure there are all kinds of diseases, ticks, mites, and lice she could have gotten in there!

--------

Mr Peppers' face turns sour as the man close talks him, and quickly takes a step backwards "Sir. There is no need to invade my personal space, but yes, we will keep it safe and yes, it is magical." How did I or even Miss Cup miss the resemblance to some other planet? Oh yes, because astronomy is LAME.

Sense Motive vs Dalviss and his Aballon comment: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"No goat cheese for me. What do you have for other cheeses, veggies and the like?" He takes the opportunity to head to the bar and avoid the close talker.

Yes, mines in the morning sounds good to me.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

Sirettis watches Leeara depart. "A good night's rest will help all of us."

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

Kai settles down quickly for the night. One thing that the night watch has taught (among all the other detectiv-ing work) is how to sleep on command. When he awakens the next mornning, he reflects briefly. Interesting, the Red Arms is not exactly what I expected from its reputation. More quirky than I would have thought. I'll observe further and see.

He gets ready his gear and extracts for the near and wanders down to the common room. "Good day," he greets whoever arrived before him.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Mr. Peppers:
It just seems like Dalviss is really excited about all things astronomy.

In the morning, you collect your gear and feast on a fine breakfast of various cheeses and meats, all free of charge thanks to your agreeing to investigate the fallen meteor.

Afterwards, you depart due southwest of Dustpawn using the map found in the prospector's room to navigate your way along sprawling hills and some sparsely forested areas. The Nesher Mines are located just north of the crash site, and the mine itself looks relatively unimpressive from the outside. It's a cave opening at the base of a hill that's been widened and braced with timbers, with a hand-painted sign above the mine that reads NESHER MINES.

The cave is shallow, extending only 15 feet underground, but a hole in the center of the cave contains a wooden lift which looks to be roped to a nearby hand-cranked winch to allow you to descend.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Good morning Sir Lin Kai." Sirettis comes downstairs and eats some oatmeal. She casts Overland Flight and Mage Armor upon herself before they go.

---

At the mine, Sirettis offers to lower the elevator. "I can simply fly down afterward. Please, go first." Her hair grips the crank and prepares to crank.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers is up early, sitting quietly at the table as he browses his spell choices for the day. Dungeon delving against strange human cultists. At least Sirettis should have some decent luck with her mind affecting magic.

He looks up as he sees Kai coming down, and nods in response "Good morning." A mostly empty mug of now warm tea sits in front of him as well as a plate with some crumbs remaining.

"Can I expect you to mostly fight with your spear there or do you have some other hidden talent you haven't mentioned? I typically begin a battle with the haste spell, for both the movement advantages as well as the quickened physical attack speed." He says, face still buried in his tome.

He flips a few pages and adds in after another sip of tea "Considering the likelihood of darkness I'll be preparing a communal darkvision so we can all be a slight bit more stealthy in our approach." He then remains silent as he reads.

-------------

As the group sets off Mr Peppers casts overland flight and false life as well before studying to swap the spell out for something a bit more useful if combat arrives. These robed cultists likely have some spellcasting novices amongst them. It'll be a nice change to counter some of their neophyte magics. He chuckles to himself as he flies along, weaving to avoid tree branches and mud out of habit.

Before descending he goes about preparing himself. Communal darkvision: Does anyone not need it?; heightened awareness and heroism, wand of mage armor

False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

"Yes, indeed. You are most observant," Kai replies as he glances at the longspear by his side. You are rather uncertain if there is any hint of sarcasm in his voice as he sounds so earnest, as always. "This spear gives me a reach that is unmatched, especially if I further extend it with some of my alchemical concoctions. In fact, with the sufficient time to get ready, my concoctions can go some way in preparing me for battle. Caught by surprise, however, puts me somewhat flat-footed." (i.e. he is most effective when he has time to buff.) "I could whip up something for myself if necessary, but if you could assist with vision of darkness, that would be appreciated."

"But of course, I hope that my greatest contributions might be from the miscellaneous skills and talents I have picked up along the way." He then gives a humble bow.

---

Standing at the entrance of the cave, Kai quickly pulls out a number of vials and starts downing them, interchanging with activation of some wands.

buffs galore!:

false life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
UMD wand of longstrider: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
Mutagen (Str)
Resinous skin
Barkskin
Alchemical allocation, followed by potion of heroism
UMD wand of heightened awareness: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34 (to dismiss for +4 to init in combat)

If you have a default marching order, Kai can be first row (to catch people charging in with his combat reflexes) or second (to attack from reach). However, he would need space to maneuver to not be trapped unable to attack with his reach weapon.

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"You should speak to Gallix then. He dabbles in the alchemy profession." He gets back to his book.

------

Once his buffs are complete, and before they start exploring, Mr Peppers asks the others for some time to scout ahead before they traverse. "I can create an invisible arcane eye to scout ahead so we can better prepare ourselves. It will take 10 minutes to cast and 10 minutes to scout if you would wait until then." He does this before everyone goes crazy with short term buffs. He does cast it after he uses communal dark vision so the eye can see in the dark.

Arcane Eye:

You create an invisible magical sensor that sends you visual information. You can create the arcane eye at any point you can see, but it can then travel outside your line of sight without hindrance. An arcane eye travels at 30 feet per round (300 feet per minute) if viewing an area ahead as a human would (primarily looking at the floor) or 10 feet per round (100 feet per minute) if examining the ceiling and walls as well as the floor ahead. It sees exactly as you would see if you were there.

The eye can travel in any direction as long as the spell lasts. Solid barriers block its passage, but it can pass through a hole or space as small as 1 inch in diameter. The eye can't enter another plane of existence, even through a gate or similar magical portal.

You must concentrate to use an arcane eye. If you do not concentrate, the eye is inert until you again concentrate.

Once scouting is complete he prepares dragon's breath to replace arcane eye.

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

In that case, Kai will do his buffs after the scouting.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

I think Gallix will hold off on the Darkvision, Peppers. His mutagen now gives him darkvision along with its other abilities.

Though Gallix is among the last to emerge from his room in the morning, he doesn't arrive late for once. He even had managed to keep his drinking to a reasonable level the previous night! When he catches wind that Kai has some alchemical skills as well, he quickly decides to engage the watchman on the subject during their trek out to the mines, sharing what he knows of alchemy, especially concerning his specially concocted mutagenic cigarettes.

When the group arrives at the cave, Gallix turns to Kai and arches an eyebrow. "Ready? Check this out." He pulls a thin roll of paper with a red waxy tip out of one of his belt pouches and sticks the tightly rolled, non-waxed end between his lips. He then snaps his fingers and a spark ignites the wax. A wisp of reddish smoke curls up from the end of the cigarette for a moment, then is followed by a large cloud of it as Gallix inhales the mutagen's fumes, then expels the excess smoke.

A moment later, Gallix suddenly hunches over, and his body undergoes an almost-horrifying transformation as the muscles on his arms and chest suddenly bulge out and his eyes take on a frenzied light. His breaths come out hard and ragged, but he quickly recovers himself and turns to Kai, "Pretty cool, huh?"

Buffs:
Mutagen (90 minutes) - +4 Str/-2 Int, +2 natural armor bonus, +2 damage in melee, low-light vision, darkvision 30ft, +10ft enhancement bonus to speed, 15ft climb speed
Heightened Awareness
False Life (CL10) from wand
False Life Temp HP: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Arcane Eye is the map reveal cheat code of PF :)

Mr. Peppers conjures up a puff of light, much like a will o' wisp, that soon fades from visible light. As he closes his eyes, the sensor travels down the shaft.

Mr. Peppers:
The first room it enters contains numerous pickaxes, shovels, buckets, sledges, and other mining gear sit near the walls, with a tunnel winding further north. There are four robed men walking through the tunnel. C1

Traveling northwest, the sensor views a larger cavern with remnants of a mine cart. A tunnel slopes down deeper into the ground at west side of the room. The floor here is cleared of debris, but the ceiling above is obscured by thick webs. C2

Further down the winding tunnels, the sensor comes upon a monstrosity of a woman. One of her arms is a bat wing, and her face and ears are batlike, with patches of fur growing from her flesh. C3

To the northeast is a another cave with a five-foot-wide pit filling the eastern side of the cave, and a three-foot-wall of jagged stones erected to form a low barricade. Behind the barricade kneels a robed man. C4

Beyond the barricade, to the northeast are the corpses of two men with hideous mutations. C5

The final room of the cavern glitters with clear crystals. There are a few small tables with supplies and a cot in the room, as well as folded bedrolls and a small writing desk. A woman wearing a sparkly black dress waits here. C6

Map revealed

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Using a trick i had forgotten i had access to, at the evening of previous day.
A kineticist can, at lvl 6 (11 and later), store a burn point in an internal buffer. Like a one charge battery which, as far as i can tell, does not count to the total of other burn taken.

D. will happily accept that buff, mister Peppers.

D. takes his daily administration of burn before breakfast, and silently eats from the breakfast offered.

Once at the mine, he muses softly.
"A dark descent. Intriguing."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Mr Peppers repeats aloud what he sees as his scrying sensor reveals the fog of war down below. It takes about 20 minutes in total but the information is well worth the effort and time.

"Some of those beasts could be the end result of what Leeara was dealing with and as far as those cultists near the bottom of the shaft, I'm not 100% sure how we'll keep them from raising an alarm once the elevator starts moving. Perhaps we can do a bit of cloak and dagger with disguise and invisibility?"

He pulls out a wand of disguise self and taps it idly... "There were 2 dead in Leeara's cave correct? Perhaps they are just now returning with the stolen sphere.."

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |
GM Red wrote:
Arcane Eye is the map reveal cheat code of PF :)

Divination spells gotta break PFS somehow.

"Where should we go to first, Mister Peppers?" Sirettis hovers above the ground.

She casts Investigative Mind and Perceive Cues to enhance herself.

And Heroism upon Gallix.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Let me know what your strategy is here as far as descending down the mineshaft, and who would be going down first.

The Exchange

Male Human Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler) 10 / Skald (Spell Warrior) 1 | HP 95/95 | AC 23, Touch 14, Flatfooted 20, CMD 27* | Saves F+13, R+11, W+7 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +5; Init +2 | Knockout: 2/2 | Weapon Song Rds Used: 5/5 | Status: N/A

If there's room to get around the elevator, Gallix can climb down since he has a climb speed now!
We could also use the wand of monkeyfish on anyone who doesn't have flight or climb speed to give them the latter.

Dark Archive

[Kineticist 10] HP: 93/93 (Overflow +10 temp HP), AC 18/T15/FF14, Fort+12, Ref+12, Will+5, Init +14 (+15 with overflow), speed 30ft, Perception +12, low light vision.
Current burn 3:
30 NL, (15% to ignore SA & crits.)

Would it be possible to voluntarily fall, interrupting impact of my fall with a self kinesis just before i hit the bottom?

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

Well we could use the elevator then have others swoop down afterwards if needed. I have 3 charges left on that wand if anyone else has disguise self on their spell lists or wants to try UMD. Two of us would look the part and could try the lift. D can be invis on it as it goes down, and others could either fly down after or be invis as well? Dunno about options you may have... I could burn up more arcana and 2nd lvl slots if we want more on the elevator invisible. How many would it hold?

Sovereign Court

Neutral | Human Male | Samurai 10 | AC 25 (T 15/Fl 21) | hp 93/93| Init +3 | F:+9 R:+6 W:+4 | Perception +1 | Yurei hp 72/72 | Arrows: 24 | Crown: 8/10 | Resolve 3/4 | Challenge 2/4
Wands:
Enlarge: 40 charges | Bless Weapon: 4 charges | CLW: 20 charges

Uesugi looks down the shaft then at the others. "If we do not need to use the elevator then we should proceed using whatever means we have available. Spirit are you still able to beguile people? We need only take one alive if we can find one to talk to."

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

No to the telekinetic fall, and I don't believe there's enough space around it to climb down. It could hold two at a time.

Sovereign Court

Sirettis's Familiar | HP 68/68 | AC 18 T 12 FF 11 | Init 3 | Perception 10 | Saves 9/8/11 | 11 Witch | Female Sylph (native outsider) | CMD 16 | Spells -/6/6/6/4/3/2 | GM Reroll +2 | Overland Flight |

"Charming them is possible." Sirettis nods. "Er... dominating them is also a potential action."

"Mister Peppers, could you use Dimension Door to travel down, instantly? Otherwise Mister Gallix and Sir Uesugi should go first."

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"If they travel down with the lift then I'll fly down once things are commenced." So is that a negative then on a sneaky advance? Its up to you all, let's hear some opinions.

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L10 | HP: 83/83 | AC:22+2-2+4+1 T:14-2+1 FF:20+2-1+4 | DR10/adam | DR 5/pierce | CMB:13+2+1+2 CMD:27+2 | Saves F:10+2 R:14-1+2 W:13+2 (+4 vs illusion) (+2 3/day) | Init:+2 | Per:+18+1d8+2 | Spd: 30+10+30 | Rerolls: 1/1 | Inspiration: 5/10-1 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Four-leaf Clover: 0/3 | Conditions: longstrider (60m); heroism (50m); 100m: mutagen (str), resinous skin, stoneskin, freedom of movement; 10m: fly, invis, enlarge person, shield , haste

Sorry for the late update.

"I am all for sneaking in. I have extracts prepared that would grant me flight and turn me invisible. If not all have the ability to go in unnoticed, perhaps we could have two waves? After the first surprise them, the second can descend via the elevator."

If sneaking in, Kai will also down his extract of invisibility and fly. He will also down an extract of shield.

8,301 to 8,350 of 8,748 << first < prev | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Arm of Absalom - Ongoing Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.